FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > People can't help themselves

People can't help themselves

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So in the North here out mini lockdown ended yesterday. And people can't help themselves, they have to be out immediately with work colleagues or catching up with the girls/lads etc etc. Now the pubs that don't serve food aren't open and those that are and restaurants are limiting the time at tables (obviously to get more people through and try and make some money) and employing the appropriate social distancing in accordance with guidelines.

But people are just selfish fucktards and look for any way round it. They'll book their party at a few tables then when their 1 1/2 hours are up they'll move onto their next booking in another establishment. Spreading the festive cheer and all their asymptomatic covid across more than one site.

These are not unintelligent people but why is it that they can not read between the lines and interpret the guidelines accordingly and safely and stop being so selfish? This affects us all. I wonder how many teachers were out last night? The very same profession who have acted disgracefully all along and campaigned to keep kids off school because of "the risks" so they can sit at home themselves. I wonder how many teachers sat in last night at the first opportunity that they could get out?

People need to cop themselves on, we've laxed the restrictions in the knowledge that we are facing a deluge of hospital admissions with covid after Xmas and a bed crises in all our hospitals.

Proof if ever that society simply doesn't care and will only do whatever suits themselves and the only way to enforce any of the guidelines is to enforce these lockdowns.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

Isn’t this exactly what Kay Burley did this week? (Spend a penny-gate)...

Now she’s had to apologise and step down from Sky News indefinitely

"Isn’t this exactly what Kay Burley did this week? (Spend a penny-gate)...

Now she’s had to apologise and step down from Sky News indefinitely "

Exactly. But she got caught and shamed because of who she was . How many other hypocrites are out there? How many on here did the same or plan to do the same tonight? But won't face any consequences simply because they're not in the public eye.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

"I wonder how many teachers were out last night? The very same profession who have acted disgracefully all along and campaigned to keep kids off school because of "the risks" so they can sit at home themselves. I wonder how many teachers sat in last night at the first opportunity that they could get out?"

Of course its the school teachers fault. Out partying the minute lockdown was lifted....

How many teachers do you actually know that have campaigned to keep the schools closed and the kids at home? Its well known the kids don't show any symptoms and can pass covid on. The teachers are in close contact with them daily. Can't wait till testing in schools comes in and will show you how exposed teachers really are

""I wonder how many teachers were out last night? The very same profession who have acted disgracefully all along and campaigned to keep kids off school because of "the risks" so they can sit at home themselves. I wonder how many teachers sat in last night at the first opportunity that they could get out?"

Of course its the school teachers fault. Out partying the minute lockdown was lifted....

How many teachers do you actually know that have campaigned to keep the schools closed and the kids at home? Its well known the kids don't show any symptoms and can pass covid on. The teachers are in close contact with them daily. Can't wait till testing in schools comes in and will show you how exposed teachers really are "

Its well know most individuals of any age show little or no symptoms you will find. We are all in contact with potentially asymptomatic people daily. And it's the school children and the schools get the finger pointed at them as the biggest spreaders. Nothing to do with their parents in supermarkets or petrol stations or shops "just nipping in" without a mask and pawing over stuff on the shelves.

Its not just teachers, but I used them as an example and how many head teachers have been in the press recently asking for schools to have extended closing over christmas? I also know for a fact that the primary school closest to me closed during the first lockdown and refused to accommodate kwyworkers children because the teachers simply refused to work. They should have been sacked. But if I was a parent with a child at any of these schools and found out any of the staff were out this weekend as above, I'd be asking questions why they thought that is was ok to close the school but go out under such circumstances.

I'm not merely picking on teachers, but it's the easiest example.

Belfast

""I wonder how many teachers were out last night? The very same profession who have acted disgracefully all along and campaigned to keep kids off school because of "the risks" so they can sit at home themselves. I wonder how many teachers sat in last night at the first opportunity that they could get out?"

How many teachers do you actually know that have campaigned to keep the schools closed and the kids at home? Its well known the kids don't show any symptoms and can pass covid on. The teachers are in close contact with them daily. Can't wait till testing in schools comes in and will show you how exposed teachers really are

Its well know most individuals of any age show little or no symptoms you will find. We are all in contact with potentially asymptomatic people daily. And it's the school children and the schools get the finger pointed at them as the biggest spreaders. Nothing to do with their parents in supermarkets or petrol stations or shops "just nipping in" without a mask and pawing over stuff on the shelves.

Its not just teachers, but I used them as an example and how many head teachers have been in the press recently asking for schools to have extended closing over christmas? I also know for a fact that the primary school closest to me closed during the first lockdown and refused to accommodate kwyworkers children because the teachers simply refused to work. They should have been sacked. But if I was a parent with a child at any of these schools and found out any of the staff were out this weekend as above, I'd be asking questions why they thought that is was ok to close the school but go out under such circumstances.

I'm not merely picking on teachers, but it's the easiest example. "

Lol......not the first time you've brought teachers up and criticised their profession.....hard not to realise you have a grudge against the profession. The schools wanted to close early as so many classes are self isolating for 2 weeks. Friday was the the deadline. Anyone getting a mail from the school after this weekend that their child has to self isolate thats their family Christmas ruined. Most families i know that have kids in schools are actually not sending them next week but the teachers will still be in the school

Lol......not the first time you've brought teachers up and criticised their profession.....hard not to realise you have a grudge against the profession. The schools wanted to close early as so many classes are self isolating for 2 weeks. Friday was the the deadline. Anyone getting a mail from the school after this weekend that their child has to self isolate thats their family Christmas ruined. Most families i know that have kids in schools are actually not sending them next week but the teachers will still be in the school"

Youre right, I don't like most of them. They've been very vocal all along without having any insight into viruses or epidemiology of viruses or the understanding how long this virus would be around and the impact it would have on the whole of society.

I much prefer individuals who try to find a solution to a problem. It seems its all for oneself and least of all it seems the educational needs, the well being and the future of a generation of school children. There was me previously thinking they had some sort of passion for teaching. Who knew eh? Perhaps its all about the early finish, the weekends off and the holidays after all.

Belfast

Lol......not the first time you've brought teachers up and criticised their profession.....hard not to realise you have a grudge against the profession. The schools wanted to close early as so many classes are self isolating for 2 weeks. Friday was the the deadline. Anyone getting a mail from the school after this weekend that their child has to self isolate thats their family Christmas ruined. Most families i know that have kids in schools are actually not sending them next week but the teachers will still be in the school

Youre right, I don't like most of them. They've been very vocal all along without having any insight into viruses or epidemiology of viruses or the understanding how long this virus would be around and the impact it would have on the whole of society.

I much prefer individuals who try to find a solution to a problem. It seems its all for oneself and least of all it seems the educational needs, the well being and the future of a generation of school children. There was me previously thinking they had some sort of passion for teaching. Who knew eh? Perhaps its all about the early finish, the weekends off and the holidays after all. "

Ahhh.....now you've lost my interest. Basing your opinion on teachers because they get weekends off (which i may add many of the working population also have)and the holidays school get without any knowledge on what type of contracts they have is very niave. I'll leave you to it

I much prefer individuals who try to find a solution to a problem. It seems its all for oneself and least of all it seems the educational needs, the well being and the future of a generation of school children. There was me previously thinking they had some sort of passion for teaching. Who knew eh? Perhaps its all about the early finish, the weekends off and the holidays after all.

Ahhh.....now you've lost my interest. Basing your opinion on teachers because they get weekends off (which i may add many of the working population also have)and the holidays school get without any knowledge on what type of contracts they have is very niave. I'll leave you to it "

More informed than you think. My mum was a teacher. And she's disgusted at the behaviour of some of her profession since March. The last bit was tongue in cheek, but you get the gust.

Apologies

The gist!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

You can buy a substantial meal for £1.50 in one of the village pubs round here. Speaks volumes as to what market they are aiming at.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

[Removed by poster at 12/12/20 14:23:57]

By *ubbermaidbabyCouple  over a year ago

clwyd

"So in the North here out mini lockdown ended yesterday. And people can't help themselves, they have to be out immediately with work colleagues or catching up with the girls/lads etc etc. Now the pubs that don't serve food aren't open and those that are and restaurants are limiting the time at tables (obviously to get more people through and try and make some money) and employing the appropriate social distancing in accordance with guidelines.

But people are just selfish fucktards and look for any way round it. They'll book their party at a few tables then when their 1 1/2 hours are up they'll move onto their next booking in another establishment. Spreading the festive cheer and all their asymptomatic covid across more than one site.

These are not unintelligent people but why is it that they can not read between the lines and interpret the guidelines accordingly and safely and stop being so selfish? This affects us all. I wonder how many teachers were out last night? The very same profession who have acted disgracefully all along and campaigned to keep kids off school because of "the risks" so they can sit at home themselves. I wonder how many teachers sat in last night at the first opportunity that they could get out?

People need to cop themselves on, we've laxed the restrictions in the knowledge that we are facing a deluge of hospital admissions with covid after Xmas and a bed crises in all our hospitals.

Proof if ever that society simply doesn't care and will only do whatever suits themselves and the only way to enforce any of the guidelines is to enforce these lockdowns."

This, with bells on it !!!!

Swansea

"More informed than you think. My mum was a teacher. And she's disgusted at the behaviour of some of her profession since March. The last bit was tongue in cheek, but you get the gust. "

So if your mother was a teacher i supose she was paid pro rata to. The teaching and assistant staff do not get paid for the holidays they get and average wage each month. Mrs b will be working in school next week as all staff are required to be in even with the kids learning from home. Her school only had one year group in last week as all the others were isolating due to possitive cases amounst the kids and staff. She has only just recoved from covid and went straight back to work as soon as was possible only to be told to isolate again within days due to another pupil testing possitive that she worked closely with . So i suggest you find a different workforce to blame. Why don t you try hosptial staff . As a large number of cases in wales were caught in hospitals.

Some people just like to complain as they have nothing better to do

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

"Isn’t this exactly what Kay Burley did this week? (Spend a penny-gate)...

Now she’s had to apologise and step down from Sky News indefinitely "

Not indefinitely, 6 months paid as well. She not even on the same page as the pleas,, read most of us.

Swansea

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So in the North here out mini lockdown ended yesterday. And people can't help themselves, they have to be out immediately with work colleagues or catching up with the girls/lads etc etc. Now the pubs that don't serve food aren't open and those that are and restaurants are limiting the time at tables (obviously to get more people through and try and make some money) and employing the appropriate social distancing in accordance with guidelines.

Proof if ever that society simply doesn't care and will only do whatever suits themselves and the only way to enforce any of the guidelines is to enforce these lockdowns."

Agree 100% then they blame the government for the problems covid causes.

It is selfish and thoughtless

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

[Removed by poster at 12/12/20 17:45:40]

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

I wonder how many people there are on swinging sites that think it’s ok to slate a whole profession based on an article in the sun.

South

Ahhh.....now you've lost my interest. Basing your opinion on teachers because they get weekends off (which i may add many of the working population also have)and the holidays school get without any knowledge on what type of contracts they have is very niave. I'll leave you to it

More informed than you think. My mum was a teacher. And she's disgusted at the behaviour of some of her profession since March. The last bit was tongue in cheek, but you get the gust. "

I’m disgusted about disloyalty when said person with such an opinion is sitting at home in safety judging others personally.

South

I much prefer individuals who try to find a solution to a problem. It seems its all for oneself and least of all it seems the educational needs, the well being and the future of a generation of school children. There was me previously thinking they had some sort of passion for teaching. Who knew eh? Perhaps its all about the early finish, the weekends off and the holidays after all. "

Your last sentence shows me you know nothing about the responsibilities nor working hours of a teacher ... just another keyboard warrior with too much of an opinion he knows nothing about

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow the number of sanctimonious moralisers on this site really is something else. The let’s blame unknown orher people brigade are really having a field day at present. Keyboard wankers.

South

I'm not merely picking on teachers, but it's the easiest example. "

‘Easiest example’ .... so... not a parent, not a teacher, only teacher you know is your retired mother. Is that right?

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Take out that nasty swipe at teachers and I agree with you. They would probably be to bloody knackered in any case to be out with the fucktards.

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

How do you know that not all these people you are slagging off are not tested on a regular basis, and not passing their asymptomatic virus on. You must also be out to notice whats going on so get off ya high horse and stop whinging.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

F f s ... that is all I have to say

‘Easiest example’ .... so... not a parent, not a teacher, only teacher you know is your retired mother. Is that right? "

4 different posts on here and a PM to me regarding the same. I knpw loads of teachers and my reference to my mother in reply to another poster suggesting I had no insight into teachers jobs.

This post is not about teachers, it's about society as a whole and how irresponsible we are. I used teachers as an example as for the last 4 weeks we have repeatedly had teachers on our national media calling for early closure of schools in the lead up to Christmas. And the local primary school to me closed in March, even before government guidelines suggested they should and the teachers point blank refused to work and provide for over 20 keyworkers children as the guidelines had suggested they should. I used that as an example but it's a fact!!! So keyworkers continued to work and we're forced to find childcare and in addition home school their children!!! These are facts!!! So I used teachers as an example.

To the other poster who posted about repeated testing etc, your negative test is only as good as the exact point in time it was taken. The moment you decide to not strictly isolate following that it becomes pointless and of no value as you could have picked up the virus again.

My point is that our lockdown in N Ireland was lifted yesterday and people just can't help themselves. It may not be what you want to hear but it's fact!! For the sake of a few weeks and one Christmas in a lifetime don't go out unnecessarily and save lives in 3 or 4 weeks time when people will die from this and in the middle of winter there will be a major bed crisis in all of our hospiyals.

South

‘Easiest example’ .... so... not a parent, not a teacher, only teacher you know is your retired mother. Is that right?

4 different posts on here and a PM to me regarding the same. I knpw loads of teachers and my reference to my mother in reply to another poster suggesting I had no insight into teachers jobs.

This post is not about teachers, it's about society as a whole and how irresponsible we are. I used teachers as an example as for the last 4 weeks we have repeatedly had teachers on our national media calling for early closure of schools in the lead up to Christmas. And the local primary school to me closed in March, even before government guidelines suggested they should and the teachers point blank refused to work and provide for over 20 keyworkers children as the guidelines had suggested they should. I used that as an example but it's a fact!!! So keyworkers continued to work and we're forced to find childcare and in addition home school their children!!! These are facts!!! So I used teachers as an example.

To the other poster who posted about repeated testing etc, your negative test is only as good as the exact point in time it was taken. The moment you decide to not strictly isolate following that it becomes pointless and of no value as you could have picked up the virus again.

My point is that our lockdown in N Ireland was lifted yesterday and people just can't help themselves. It may not be what you want to hear but it's fact!! For the sake of a few weeks and one Christmas in a lifetime don't go out unnecessarily and save lives in 3 or 4 weeks time when people will die from this and in the middle of winter there will be a major bed crisis in all of our hospiyals. "

You have no clue what you’re talking about- you need to go and spend some time in a classroom before casting aspersions at a whole group of people.

My point is that our lockdown in N Ireland was lifted yesterday and people just can't help themselves. It may not be what you want to hear but it's fact!! For the sake of a few weeks and one Christmas in a lifetime don't go out unnecessarily and save lives in 3 or 4 weeks time when people will die from this and in the middle of winter there will be a major bed crisis in all of our hospiyals.

You have no clue what you’re talking about- you need to go and spend some time in a classroom before casting aspersions at a whole group of people."

Why don't you spend some time in your nearest hospital?? People lying everywhere on trollys as there are no beds and patients who need admitted facing the prospect of overnight in an ambulance parked up in the hospital car park as there are no beds.

South

You have no clue what you’re talking about- you need to go and spend some time in a classroom before casting aspersions at a whole group of people.

Why don't you spend some time in your nearest hospital?? People lying everywhere on trollys as there are no beds and patients who need admitted facing the prospect of overnight in an ambulance parked up in the hospital car park as there are no beds.

"

And yet you slag teachers off for wanting that not to happen. The whole point of unions wanting a safe return was to avoid more infections and children spreading the virus to relatives. You’re contradicting yourself at every turn.

And yet you slag teachers off for wanting that not to happen. The whole point of unions wanting a safe return was to avoid more infections and children spreading the virus to relatives. You’re contradicting yourself at every turn. "

And you are singing from the same hymn sheet and blaming the kids!!! What do you want no school for a year?? Parents of all children of school age to stay off work all year or should they find childcare somewhere with appropriate social distancing and then teach their children your curriculum when they get home in the evenings?? What about those parents that work shifts?

Take a look around you the next time youre in your local petrol station or supermarket and go to pick something up from the shelve. Ask yourself where that's been and at all stages is there any possibility of spreading the virus when you bring it home and put it in your kitchen. Or the next time you serve yourself a coffee at a coffee vending machine, ask yoirslef the possibilities!!!

That's right! Blame the kids, it's their fault!

And yet you slag teachers off for wanting that not to happen. The whole point of unions wanting a safe return was to avoid more infections and children spreading the virus to relatives. You’re contradicting yourself at every turn. "

I'm going to ask you read my origional post again. And read the title of the thread. Its not titled teachers its about society not interpreting the guidelines and acting responsibly and the only way of guaranteeing that is enforcing lockdown. I assume you don't teach English if you can't grasp that from my origional post.

South

And yet you slag teachers off for wanting that not to happen. The whole point of unions wanting a safe return was to avoid more infections and children spreading the virus to relatives. You’re contradicting yourself at every turn.

And you are singing from the same hymn sheet and blaming the kids!!! What do you want no school for a year?? Parents of all children of school age to stay off work all year or should they find childcare somewhere with appropriate social distancing and then teach their children your curriculum when they get home in the evenings?? What about those parents that work shifts?

Take a look around you the next time youre in your local petrol station or supermarket and go to pick something up from the shelve. Ask yourself where that's been and at all stages is there any possibility of spreading the virus when you bring it home and put it in your kitchen. Or the next time you serve yourself a coffee at a coffee vending machine, ask yoirslef the possibilities!!!

That's right! Blame the kids, it's their fault! "

Teachers aren’t childcare .... do you know what is happening in schools atm? Secondary schools - kids are in abs out isolating all over the place. There is no continuity there is no stability. This is because schools have no social distancing and kids aren’t following the rules that are in place. I’m blaming kids in so much as the fact that they’re kids and they will do what they do as they’re not mature enough to do otherwise. Having said that if there were 1500 adults in one place mixing in groups of 2-300 for six hours a day then this would be a recipe for covid spread too.

I’m a teacher all I do is go to work and go home as I don’t want to risk infection to my kids or the kids in my class.

What parents do for childcare is not the concern of teachers that is the governments responsibility to sort out additional childcare if school isn’t safe as we are all aware that school isn’t safe - just look at the infection rates in schools.

South

I'm going to ask you read my origional post again. And read the title of the thread. Its not titled teachers its about society not interpreting the guidelines and acting responsibly and the only way of guaranteeing that is enforcing lockdown. I assume you don't teach English if you can't grasp that from my origional post.

"

Ahh Petty insults - knew it wouldn’t be long. I am choosing to discuss your reference to teachers I don’t have to re-read anything I’m simply stating that you really don’t know what you’re talking about and following the MSM narrative of kicking teachers.

South

"

Out of interest this enforced lockdown you profess to champion - would it include schools?

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Teachers aren’t childcare .... do you know what is happening in schools atm? Secondary schools - kids are in abs out isolating all over the place. There is no continuity there is no stability. This is because schools have no social distancing and kids aren’t following the rules that are in place. I’m blaming kids in so much as the fact that they’re kids and they will do what they do as they’re not mature enough to do otherwise. Having said that if there were 1500 adults in one place mixing in groups of 2-300 for six hours a day then this would be a recipe for covid spread too.

I’m a teacher all I do is go to work and go home as I don’t want to risk infection to my kids or the kids in my class.

What parents do for childcare is not the concern of teachers that is the governments responsibility to sort out additional childcare if school isn’t safe as we are all aware that school isn’t safe - just look at the infection rates in schools. "

Why is it "the governments" responsibility? To easy to quick, to point the finger.

South

What parents do for childcare is not the concern of teachers that is the governments responsibility to sort out additional childcare if school isn’t safe as we are all aware that school isn’t safe - just look at the infection rates in schools.

Why is it "the governments" responsibility? To easy to quick, to point the finger."

It’s more the governments responsibility to provide childcare so parents can work than it is teachers. School isn’t childcare.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm waiting for piers Morgan to get caught.... Twat

Manchester

Why is it "the governments" responsibility? To easy to quick, to point the finger.

It’s more the governments responsibility to provide childcare so parents can work than it is teachers. School isn’t childcare. "

Parents are responsible for their children, and they plan lives around the fact children by law have to be schooled, which in turn allows them to pay the bills and be productive members of society.

South

It’s more the governments responsibility to provide childcare so parents can work than it is teachers. School isn’t childcare.

Parents are responsible for their children, and they plan lives around the fact children by law have to be schooled, which in turn allows them to pay the bills and be productive members of society.

"

Children do not have to ‘go to school’ they have to be provided with an education - huge difference.

Manchester

Children do not have to ‘go to school’ they have to be provided with an education - huge difference. "

Silly me I assumed you would know the difference between "be schooled" and "go to school"

Ahh Petty insults - knew it wouldn’t be long. I am choosing to discuss your reference to teachers I don’t have to re-read anything I’m simply stating that you really don’t know what you’re talking about and following the MSM narrative of kicking teachers. "

No a petty insult would be to message me privately and call me an 'arsehole' like you did.

"Children need to be educated". You said. And who's going to do that and where while parents work to keep the economy afloat?

South

Children do not have to ‘go to school’ they have to be provided with an education - huge difference.

Silly me I assumed you would know the difference between "be schooled" and "go to school" "

I do ... I don’t understand what point you were making. ‘Be schooled’ can be done remotely which would mean consequences for child care but by schools would still be fulfilling their obligation. So what was your point?

South

Ahh Petty insults - knew it wouldn’t be long. I am choosing to discuss your reference to teachers I don’t have to re-read anything I’m simply stating that you really don’t know what you’re talking about and following the MSM narrative of kicking teachers.

No a petty insult would be to message me privately and call me an 'arsehole' like you did.

"Children need to be educated". You said. And who's going to do that and where while parents work to keep the economy afloat?

"

I tend to respond to abusive messages in the way I see fit tbh. If you don’t want a reply then don’t message.

Arr so what you’re saying is without teachers it all falls apart? Should be careful about who you ‘dislike’ then shouldn’t you really for a profession your say is so pivotal to society do they really deserve such intense insults from you and the MSM? You’ve stated no one can do their job without teachers so how about a little respect.

I tend to respond to abusive messages in the way I see fit tbh. If you don’t want a reply then don’t message.

Arr so what you’re saying is without teachers it all falls apart? Should be careful about who you ‘dislike’ then shouldn’t you really for a profession your say is so pivotal to society do they really deserve such intense insults from you and the MSM? You’ve stated no one can do their job without teachers so how about a little respect. "

Contradiction after contradiction . Well if you send an abusive private message dont come on here claiming petty insults.

Everyone has a role in society or it wouldnt function. Every single key worker no matter what their job description is has played their part and kept this country afloat and made life bearable over the last 9 months. But I havent heard another sector or profession so vociferous and consistently calling for their place of work to be closed and their responsibilities reduced. In fact most sectors are the exact opposite.

As I've said earlier I prefer people who try to find a solution to a problem! You take care now.

By *unCpl1234Couple  over a year ago

Odiham

" I wonder how many teachers were out last night? The very same profession who have acted disgracefully all along and campaigned to keep kids off school because of "the risks" so they can sit at home themselves. I wonder how many teachers sat in last night at the first opportunity that they could get out?

I think this rant about teachers may be one of the most mental things I've read on this site. And boy, does it have contenders for that title!

On the other hand it does look like others have done quite a good job shredding it already, so I'll just leave it there.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People are very poor judges of risk, so they will conform and comply with regulations, ignoring the rational thinking they could do to minimise problems. The tighter the rules, the more they will give up some of their self control, contortioning themselves around the imposed control from those in authority

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"

Ever consider that constantly imposing lockdowns is maybe a major reason for people behaving irresponsibly?

I think everybody now has lockdown fatigue from the first one lasting for far too long and the realisation that there are no other plans than to constantly threaten further lockdowns and restrictions?

Maybe if people were treated as competent, reasonable adults instead of being infantilised things would look a lot different?

"

Proof if ever that society simply doesn't care and will only do whatever suits themselves and the only way to enforce any of the guidelines is to enforce these lockdowns.

Ever consider that constantly imposing lockdowns is maybe a major reason for people behaving irresponsibly?

I think everybody now has lockdown fatigue from the first one lasting for far too long and the realisation that there are no other plans than to constantly threaten further lockdowns and restrictions?

Maybe if people were treated as competent, reasonable adults instead of being infantilised things would look a lot different?

"

But that's the point. They have proven they can't. Otherwise we wouldnt have faced more than one lockdown. Social distancing and all other measures went straight out the window when restrictions were laxed. That's the whole point. If everyone played their part and acted in accordance with the guidelines we wouldn't need a lockdown at all. But people have proven that they can't. Hence the title of the thread.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"

But that's the point. They have proven they can't. Otherwise we wouldnt have faced more than one lockdown. Social distancing and all other measures went straight out the window when restrictions were laxed. That's the whole point. If everyone played their part and acted in accordance with the guidelines we wouldn't need a lockdown at all. But people have proven that they can't. Hence the title of the thread. "

The vast, vast majority of people have followed the rules and guidelines since March.

The tiny minority who haven't are not enough to have the negative effect they have been blamed for or to cause the second lockdown

» Add a new message to this topic