By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 15/12/20 19:06:20]"

It doesnt matter what rules they put in place

People will ignore them

Citing garbage about having their civil liberties taken away

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awk90Man  over a year ago

Hamburg, Germany

I feel like people have the mentality that it's over now, now that a vaccine is on the way. So... It's gonna get much worse before it gets better, I fear.

People are terrible.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just caught the news on the way out about the meeting tomorrow morning with Gove and the devolved governments.

So because Londons covid cases are rising let's screw the rest of the country whom have had tough lockdown measures for a long time.

Should of had a 1 size fits all from day 1.

Doesn't suit London so screw everyone is what it seems like, we know its not but this government has to be the worst in the history of politics.

I'm going for 6 from 2 households as the new Xmas announcement.

But it does depend on Wales, Ireland and what Nicole says

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Just caught the news on the way out about the meeting tomorrow morning with Gove and the devolved governments.

So because Londons covid cases are rising let's screw the rest of the country whom have had tough lockdown measures for a long time.

Doesn't suit London so screw everyone is what it seems like, we know its not but this government has to be the worst in the history of politics.

But it does depend on Wales, Ireland and what Nicole says "

It waa actually Nicola Sturgeon thats instigated the meeting.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m putting some heavy pressure on my family to cancel the get together at Christmas. I have a very vulnerable father who thinks one day will be fine.

I feel it’s the sensible thing to do in the long run. The end maybe in sight so it would be silly to break now.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Just caught the news on the way out about the meeting tomorrow morning with Gove and the devolved governments.

Or you could think of it another way, a new variant spreading through the south east that infects quicker than other variants, just short of 10 million people (just London numbers) that could potentially mix with 2 other households around the country.

As I’ve said previously the Christmas break has always been a farce and should never have been agreed, T2 & T3 cannot mix indoors in normal circumstances, you are not supposed to travel out of T3 but for those five days it doesn’t matter - ludicrous

Our family took the decision in the summer Christmas meeting wouldn’t be happening this year.

Three sons cancelled our Christmas, we had decided not to meet anyway even though all local. The reason the sons and grandkids cancelled was to give us a chance of a few more times at Christmas to spend with them, Corona will still be around next Christmas but hopefully more under control by then. Shame more people dont act responsibly and have the moral fibre not to see their parents and grandparents suffer.

Ours will be going ahead as planned. Those that want to come can, those that are worried can stay away

"Ours will be going ahead as planned. Those that want to come can, those that are worried can stay away"

I never understand attitudes like this!

"Ours will be going ahead as planned. Those that want to come can, those that are worried can stay away

I never understand attitudes like this!"

Its simple. We have worked all the way through this, without any meaningful PPE. We have even been told to delete the NHS app off our phones or else....

We dont know anyone who has been seriously ill and we have not been ill ourselfs.

We have more years behind us than in front and we are not wasting our lifes away. We intend to carry on as normal as we have done all the way through this

"Ours will be going ahead as planned. Those that want to come can, those that are worried can stay away

Its simple. We have worked all the way through this, without any meaningful PPE. We have even been told to delete the NHS app off our phones or else....

We dont know anyone who has been seriously ill and we have not been ill ourselfs.

We have more years behind us than in front and we are not wasting our lifes away. We intend to carry on as normal as we have done all the way through this "

So you have an im alright right attitude that doesn't make it any less selfish.

The fact that you say you have carried on as normal suggests it's people like you that are the problem because nobody should have been carrying on as normal this year has been far from normal.

By *ithintemptationsCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

We have more years behind us than in front and we are not wasting our lifes away. We intend to carry on as normal as we have done all the way through this "

We have more years behind us than in front and we are not wasting our lifes away. We intend to carry on as normal as we have done all the way through this

The fact that you say you have carried on as normal suggests it's people like you that are the problem because nobody should have been carrying on as normal this year has been far from normal. "

We have worked much harder than any normal year this year.

Most of the year the mr has spent working away from home.

Cant work means no money .

So it's been a normal year .

Or are we selfish for working so hard?

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

The fact that you say you have carried on as normal suggests it's people like you that are the problem because nobody should have been carrying on as normal this year has been far from normal. "

Yep, it doesn't get more selfish and idiotic. Not a care for anyone except themselves , total disregard for the law . Looks like their friends, family and themselves are immune - lucky them . 65000(so far) poor souls weren't so fortunate.

The fact that you say you have carried on as normal suggests it's people like you that are the problem because nobody should have been carrying on as normal this year has been far from normal.

Yep, it doesn't get more selfish and idiotic. Not a care for anyone except themselves , total disregard for the law . Looks like their friends, family and themselves are immune - lucky them . 65000(so far) poor souls weren't so fortunate."

Not sure why its idiotic? We have not been ill and none of our friends and family have been either.

We have wroked hard all year, come into contact with lots of people in the course of our work with no ill effects.

Calling us names rather than putting up a valid argument is a bit pathetic to be honest

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I never understand attitudes like this!"

I actually think a relaxed 'you decide for yourselves, no pressure' attitude like I saw above is better than using pressure or using coercion, because you don't know what the ages or risk factors are, if any, within their circle.

I actually think a relaxed 'you decide for yourselves, no pressure' attitude like I saw above is better than using pressure or using coercion, because you don't know what the ages or risk factors are, if any, within their circle. "

Fully agree.

Every family has their own reality compared to another family.

People are sometimes far to qiick to judge on here.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Boris is to soft that is his problem he should cancel Christmas I doubt if he has the balls to do it

I actually think a relaxed 'you decide for yourselves, no pressure' attitude like I saw above is better than using pressure or using coercion, because you don't know what the ages or risk factors are, if any, within their circle. "

But it isnt about the risk factor just for their little circle is it, it's for the whole population otherwise these restrictions wouldn't be in place.

"

It's selfish because we have all been doing that this year so I'm not sure why some think they are a special case.

We should of all had the same rules from day 1 period.

Seen my granddaughter whos almost 7 months once and had planned to see her at Xmas.

But if its not to be then we will wait until it is safe.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

The statement from the medical groups is quite damming

It's selfish because we have all been doing that this year so I'm not sure why some think they are a special case. "

Special case ?

I actually think a relaxed 'you decide for yourselves, no pressure' attitude like I saw above is better than using pressure or using coercion, because you don't know what the ages or risk factors are, if any, within their circle.

But it isnt about the risk factor just for their little circle is it, it's for the whole population otherwise these restrictions wouldn't be in place. "

Also nobody can be sure of their risk factor or their risk factor of long covid.

A friend of mines died from covid and as far as he and they were concerned he was a fit and healthy 57 year old.

It wasn't until he was admitted to hospital with covid that they found he had a heart condition and the hospital said it was almost certainly the two things combined made him so ill.

Fully agree.

People are sometimes far to qiick to judge on here."

To right people are judging. Rules and restrictions are there for a reason and we all have a responsibility to stick to them and to call people out when they are not.

Fully agree.

To right people are judging. Rules and restrictions are there for a reason and we all have a responsibility to stick to them and to call people out when they are not."

Who is breaking rules in this thread?

kinky land

Fully agree.

To right people are judging. Rules and restrictions are there for a reason and we all have a responsibility to stick to them and to call people out when they are not."

The rules over Christmas allow for families to gather.

People do not have to justify their actions or circumstances to strangers.

On a mooch

Fully agree.

To be fair no one in this thread has said they are breaking or broke the rules. Individuals going to work daily doesn’t break the rules. Even those that have said having Christmas as normal, doesn’t mean they are breaking the rules.

Fully agree.

To right people are judging. Rules and restrictions are there for a reason and we all have a responsibility to stick to them and to call people out when they are not.

Who is breaking rules in this thread?"

The couple that said even if the government scrap the bubbles there going to see family anyway because they worked hard this year.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

I wonder if Boris is going to cancel Christmas mixing on Wednesday

Might not listen to or watch the news until Boxing day

Fully agree.

"

The thread was about if we had a lockdown over Christmas so that is what I was referring to and actually we all have a responsibility and yes people should justify if they are going to break the rules.

Fully agree.

The couple that said even if the government scrap the bubbles there going to see family anyway because they worked hard this year."

Think you are paraphrasing a little there.......

Fully agree.

The couple that said even if the government scrap the bubbles there going to see family anyway because they worked hard this year.

No they did not.

If you're getting wound up and posting long ranting replies maybe it's time to step away"

I'm simply having an opinion and I thought that was allowed on the forums in no way have I broken any rules.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Fully agree.

The thread was about if we had a lockdown over Christmas so that is what I was referring to and actually we all have a responsibility and yes people should justify if they are going to break the rules."

Justify what? To whom?

Preston

Fully agree.

The thread was about if we had a lockdown over Christmas so that is what I was referring to and actually we all have a responsibility and yes people should justify if they are going to break the rules."

Is there much point though.

Is there any justifying breaking rules "if you knew about the rules" of course

On a mooch

Fully agree.

To be fair the OP doesn’t say that

Fully agree.

The thread was about if we had a lockdown over Christmas so that is what I was referring to and actually we all have a responsibility and yes people should justify if they are going to break the rules.

To be fair the OP doesn’t say that "

The title of the thread says lockdown over Christmas.

On a mooch

Fully agree.

To be fair the OP doesn’t say that

The title of the thread says lockdown over Christmas."

But the actual OP doesn’t, it talks about changes maybe a reduction of number of households mixing, controlled numbers. Sometimes the title doesn’t match the OP and vice versa

kinky land

Attacking other users is not allowed.

Back to the op please.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Christmas free for all was announced for some dubious reasons I'm sure, including controlling people some time back. It was a ridiculous measure that stated that infection levels, nor Tier controls don't really matter. That's so irresponsible and so very dangerous.

I'd prefer the lightest of adjustments to each individuals tier, if we are to have relaxation.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Fully agree.

The couple that said even if the government scrap the bubbles there going to see family anyway because they worked hard this year."

I have read back and can’t see anyone who said this , maybe I’ve missed it! Everyone is of course entitled to an opinion but nobody should be enforcing their opinion on others.

Fully agree.

I have read back and can’t see anyone who said this , maybe I’ve missed it! Everyone is of course entitled to an opinion but nobody should be enforcing their opinion on others. "

liverpool

Apparently the restrictions will be limits not targets

By *lay 4 uMan  over a year ago

bolton

Why are hairdresser's allowed to open under tier three in London but weren't allowed in the rest of the country.

Sturgeon is behind this she wants it?

"Why are hairdresser's allowed to open under tier three in London but weren't allowed in the rest of the country."

Hmm they are open up home in Newcastle and that's tier 3.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Hairdressers can open in tier 3 anywhere in the country. It was during lockdown they couldn't open.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Ppl can spread covid and show no symptoms.

That wont change over Xmas.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Yep, it doesn't get more selfish and idiotic. Not a care for anyone except themselves , total disregard for the law . Looks like their friends, family and themselves are immune - lucky them . 65000(so far) poor souls weren't so fortunate.

Not sure why its idiotic? We have not been ill and none of our friends and family have been either.

We have wroked hard all year, come into contact with lots of people in the course of our work with no ill effects.

Calling us names rather than putting up a valid argument is a bit pathetic to be honest"

I agree, it's a bit harsh to say that without knowing anything about the circumstances that meant you've had to work right through all of this.

I'm very conscious of the fact that there are many who didn't have the 'protection' of being able to work from home during all of this. There are loads of our fellow citizens who have had to go out on the 'frontline' every day, putting themselves at risk just to deliver services to the rest of us. Its a bit mean to resent them for not succumbing to infection in the face of all that. And on top of all that, say it's the 'likes of them' who put the rest of us at risk!

Just putting this out there... but is it possible that those who did have to work 'externally' throughout have now developed a degree of immunity? Given so many report they haven't succumbed and neither has anyone they know... makes me wonder anyway.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

We will be carrying on as usual and 10 of us together for Christmas ...

Calling us names rather than putting up a valid argument is a bit pathetic to be honest

I agree, it's a bit harsh to say that without knowing anything about the circumstances that meant you've had to work right through all of this.

I'm very conscious of the fact that there are many who didn't have the 'protection' of being able to work from home during all of this. There are loads of our fellow citizens who have had to go out on the 'frontline' every day, putting themselves at risk just to deliver services to the rest of us. Its a bit mean to resent them for not succumbing to infection in the face of all that. And on top of all that, say it's the 'likes of them' who put the rest of us at risk!

Just putting this out there... but is it possible that those who did have to work 'externally' throughout have now developed a degree of immunity? Given so many report they haven't succumbed and neither has anyone they know... makes me wonder anyway. "

Maybe a symptomatic?

3 weeks to flatten the curve, just till the warmer weather, need to get the deaths down ( now it's all cases) just till we have a vaccine. Anyone see the bullshit, never going to give us our freedoms back. As soon as you all realise that, your can settle into the new normal.

liverpool

"3 weeks to flatten the curve, just till the warmer weather, need to get the deaths down ( now it's all cases) just till we have a vaccine. Anyone see the bullshit, never going to give us our freedoms back. As soon as you all realise that, your can settle into the new normal. "

What wont we getting back?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

What wont we getting back?"

Our marroon passports ?

On a mooch

"

What wont we getting back?

Our marroon passports ?"

True but that’s not the virus’ fault

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Just putting this out there... but is it possible that those who did have to work 'externally' throughout have now developed a degree of immunity? Given so many report they haven't succumbed and neither has anyone they know... makes me wonder anyway. "

As someone who has worked in a front line key worker role without a great deal of protection (especially during lockdown 1).

I can say after taking those risks 5 to 6 days every week for the last 9 months to keep vital services going there's nothing worse than been looked down upon and judged by those who had the luxury of been protected by working from home through all of this.

The old adage "walk a mile in my shoes" springs to mind.

KJ

Just putting this out there... but is it possible that those who did have to work 'externally' throughout have now developed a degree of immunity? Given so many report they haven't succumbed and neither has anyone they know... makes me wonder anyway.

As someone who has worked in a front line key worker role without a great deal of protection (especially during lockdown 1).

I can say after taking those risks 5 to 6 days every week for the last 9 months to keep vital services going there's nothing worse than been looked down upon and judged by those who had the luxury of been protected by working from home through all of this.

The old adage "walk a mile in my shoes" springs to mind.

KJ"

My hat and heart ? goes out to all front line staff, doing an amazing job

"3 weeks to flatten the curve, just till the warmer weather, need to get the deaths down ( now it's all cases) just till we have a vaccine. Anyone see the bullshit, never going to give us our freedoms back. As soon as you all realise that, your can settle into the new normal.

What wont we getting back?"

if you can't see what's been removed your blind or stupid, it's letting them get away with removing our rights and not seeing it that's the problem

"3 weeks to flatten the curve, just till the warmer weather, need to get the deaths down ( now it's all cases) just till we have a vaccine. Anyone see the bullshit, never going to give us our freedoms back. As soon as you all realise that, your can settle into the new normal.

What wont we getting back?if you can't see what's been removed your blind or stupid, it's letting them get away with removing our rights and not seeing it that's the problem "

I don't think it's stupid at all.

We all see things differently and for many having a few restrictions for a short period of time is a price worth paying and for some isn't but I doubt it will be forever.

By *elvet_OrchidWoman  over a year ago

Banbury

By *elvet_OrchidWoman  over a year ago

Banbury

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"3 weeks to flatten the curve, just till the warmer weather, need to get the deaths down ( now it's all cases) just till we have a vaccine. Anyone see the bullshit, never going to give us our freedoms back. As soon as you all realise that, your can settle into the new normal. "

The only bullshit I see is in your post. The Isle of Man locked down and did so properly. Idiots who breached their laws were treated appropriately. The have currently only 4 cases and they are going about their lives all but normally. We could have been in a similar position of people actually did what was asked of them.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

There are regulars on the forums who since the pandemic started have slagged off the government for decisions they have made.

Funny how now they are determined to meet family and friends for Christmas because the government have said its ok to do so.

We are in a tiered system for a reason.

It's not safe to mix.

It's not surprising that those who have adhered to the rules are pissed off.

I repeat it is not safe to meet ... just because we are told we can do something doesnt mean we have to.

What wont we getting back?if you can't see what's been removed your blind or stupid, it's letting them get away with removing our rights and not seeing it that's the problem "

So are you rebelling, ignoring the rules to 'keep your civil liberties'?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

The virus has gone through the rook with the schools being opened. So the school holiday should put a dent in it. Added to that the vaccine so it will be fine. Looking for to a great family Christmas dinner.

It's ok. The virus is taking a 5 day break over Xmas. Didn't you know?

The government are a fucking shambles

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

You can’t stop this virus lockdown after lockdown still the virus ,masks still the virus other countries praised Germany for instance with their track and trace still the virus, Spain masks outside inside really heavy lockdown still the virus unless we are all confined to our homes for months with absolutely no one allowed out anywhere still the virus

Just heard on the radio that it's Boris pushing for the 3 households rule for Christmas despite the health officials and other MP's being against it.

Sorry if this is widely known, and I'm posting old news, but I'm don't regulary listen to the news.

"I feel like people have the mentality that it's over now, now that a vaccine is on the way. So... It's gonna get much worse before it gets better, I fear.

People are terrible."

What an awful statement. People are NOT terrible! Many are just very desperate to be with the people they love and no one can be blamed for wanting to do that.

Lots of people who don't have to luck to work from home are out there every day risking catching the virus.

If it's been acceptable for them to take that risk for the last 9 or so months then I think it right that in a limited way they can meet family for a short period of time. If we can trust them to not spread the virus when they are keeping our economy going I think we should trust them to keep their own family safe.

Nottingham

The government need to find a backbone!

Cancel current xmas plans , vaccinate as many people as possible before next xmas and look to the future. This year is null and void. Too many people have lost their lives.

I dont care if you dont know of anyone who has died from covid plenty do. To stop further devastation please dont mix , stay safe .

Children will still get Christmas, is it really then ,a big deal to stay at home and safe?

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"It's ok. The virus is taking a 5 day break over Xmas. Didn't you know?

The government are a fucking shambles"

Enjoy your Xmas you never know in life what might happen put lots of extra spuds on your plate lots extra Turkey enjoy

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"The government need to find a backbone!

Cancel current xmas plans , vaccinate as many people as possible before next xmas and look to the future. This year is null and void. Too many people have lost their lives.

I dont care if you dont know of anyone who has died from covid plenty do. To stop further devastation please dont mix , stay safe .

"

Exactly this.

By *arcteggMan  over a year ago

grays

Yep .. I’m alright jack .. don’t worry about the people who are in a ventilator, struggling to pull through .

Walk around with blinkers if you like . Enjoy your later years , don’t even consider some families who won’t get that chance ..

Everyone has a right to choose what they want to do , but your view saddens me

Like scores of others I've missed my loved ones this year. I have 3 children and 6 grandchildren, I've told them that this Christmas I'll go visit 2 of the children, place the grandchildrens presents on their doorsteps, ring the doorbell and step back (wearing my mask) and spend a few minutes socially distanced with each. I'm at my 3rd childs house for Christmas dinner (I'm in her support bubble for her chid care). It's not an ideal Christmas scenario, but I'm certain in myself that it beats the alternative.

I live in a road of 11 houses,from the first lock down, 5 out of the 11 believed themselves to be above lock down rules.Next door neighbours had both sets of parents around, 2 different house holds of brothers n sisters same day ,for family party.Im guessing? 30 % of house holds will do what they please over Christmas n New Year.I feel for everyone that's put in the effort

"I live in a road of 11 houses,from the first lock down, 5 out of the 11 believed themselves to be above lock down rules.Next door neighbours had both sets of parents around, 2 different house holds of brothers n sisters same day ,for family party.Im guessing? 30 % of house holds will do what they please over Christmas n New Year.I feel for everyone that's put in the effort "

Same where I live. I'm in a cul de sac of 7 houses who all come and go in and out of each others houses with family in tow too.

liverpool

Ok..I'll simply ask again.

What specific rights wont we be getting back.?

liverpool

"Just heard on the radio that it's Boris pushing for the 3 households rule for Christmas despite the health officials and other MP's being against it.

Sorry if this is widely known, and I'm posting old news, but I'm don't regulary listen to the news."

There was a joint medical statement which said relaxing the rules would be very foolhardy (cant remember the exact words they used, but it was quite damming)

Yep .. I’m alright jack .. don’t worry about the people who are in a ventilator, struggling to pull through .

Walk around with blinkers if you like . Enjoy your later years , don’t even consider some families who won’t get that chance ..

Everyone has a right to choose what they want to do , but your view saddens me "

So it's been ok for us to work all the way through without PPE? I come into contact with around 60 people a day within the course of my work and that's ok but if I want to have a drink with a friend afterwards it's not? We have both risked our health on a daily basis for the last 9 months to keep the country going and help people, it's your attitude that's saddens us

So it's been ok for us to work all the way through without PPE? I come into contact with around 60 people a day within the course of my work and that's ok but if I want to have a drink with a friend afterwards it's not? We have both risked our health on a daily basis for the last 9 months to keep the country going and help people, it's your attitude that's saddens us"

Mate it comes across to me that because you worked through it...your spitting your dummy out as far as the vvirus concerned.

You were your own health and safety officer who should have demanded PPE.

I personally bought me own and have worn masks from lockdown where needed.

You say you know of no one who has caught this....all I can say is yet!

But even that shows a total lack of empathy to the many thousands who have struggled through this or lost thier family members.

The virus will spread this xmas and I truly hope you dont lose someone to it...but a little empathy from you would go a long way...

"Just heard on the radio that it's Boris pushing for the 3 households rule for Christmas despite the health officials and other MP's being against it.

Sorry if this is widely known, and I'm posting old news, but I'm don't regulary listen to the news.

There was a joint medical statement which said relaxing the rules would be very foolhardy (cant remember the exact words they used, but it was quite damming)"

Oh well, my dogs and I will be at the beach playing no part in it.

So it's been ok for us to work all the way through without PPE? I come into contact with around 60 people a day within the course of my work and that's ok but if I want to have a drink with a friend afterwards it's not? We have both risked our health on a daily basis for the last 9 months to keep the country going and help people, it's your attitude that's saddens us

Mate it comes across to me that because you worked through it...your spitting your dummy out as far as the vvirus concerned.

But even that shows a total lack of empathy to the many thousands who have struggled through this or lost thier family members.

The virus will spread this xmas and I truly hope you dont lose someone to it...but a little empathy from you would go a long way..."

would you care to highlight anywhere on this thread where I have "spat my dummy out"? As for empathy, we have selflessly worked all the way though this to assist our fellow man, to be called selfish is frankly laughable

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

The virus will spread this xmas and I truly hope you dont lose someone to it...but a little empathy from you would go a long way..."

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"The virus has gone through the rook with the schools being opened. So the school holiday should put a dent in it. Added to that the vaccine so it will be fine. Looking for to a great family Christmas dinner. "

I'm not sure that's true re: virus going through the roof with schools being open.

Certainly hasn't been the case at the high school my kids attend... over 1200 kids and less than 10 incidents in 3 months. Mine have not been asked to isolate once.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"The virus has gone through the rook with the schools being opened. So the school holiday should put a dent in it. Added to that the vaccine so it will be fine. Looking for to a great family Christmas dinner.

I'm not sure that's true re: virus going through the roof with schools being open.

Certainly hasn't been the case at the high school my kids attend... over 1200 kids and less than 10 incidents in 3 months. Mine have not been asked to isolate once.

"

No offence your in Snowdonia, it’s the middle of fucking no where but it is stunningly beautiful

What wont we getting back?if you can't see what's been removed your blind or stupid, it's letting them get away with removing our rights and not seeing it that's the problem

What specific rights wont we be getting back.?"

ok you follow and believe everything that the government and sage say, so you're happy and the world's ok. Try saying anything against sage or government advice and your social media is shut down, when as any medical person been allowed to speak out. MSM no debate only the government line, no freedom of speech no right to protest (BLM exculed) no debate. But that's ok because its for your safety, read that line in German circular 1938. Without free debate its dictatorial rule, but people dont want debate because MSM told them they don't need it trust us.

liverpool

What wont we getting back?if you can't see what's been removed your blind or stupid, it's letting them get away with removing our rights and not seeing it that's the problem

What specific rights wont we be getting back.?ok you follow and believe everything that the government and sage say, so you're happy and the world's ok. Try saying anything against sage or government advice and your social media is shut down, when as any medical person been allowed to speak out. MSM no debate only the government line, no freedom of speech no right to protest (BLM exculed) no debate. But that's ok because its for your safety, read that line in German circular 1938. Without free debate its dictatorial rule, but people dont want debate because MSM told them they don't need it trust us. "

I'm fairly sure people have had differing opinions on here.

You seem to be saying no medical groups can speak out..but there was a joint statement yesterday.

There have been plenty of anti lockdown protests which are widely reported.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

What specific rights wont we be getting back.?ok you follow and believe everything that the government and sage say, so you're happy and the world's ok. Try saying anything against sage or government advice and your social media is shut down, when as any medical person been allowed to speak out. MSM no debate only the government line, no freedom of speech no right to protest (BLM exculed) no debate. But that's ok because its for your safety, read that line in German circular 1938. Without free debate its dictatorial rule, but people dont want debate because MSM told them they don't need it trust us. "

All this oppression isn't stopping you posting complete bollocks is it?

What specific rights wont we be getting back.?ok you follow and believe everything that the government and sage say, so you're happy and the world's ok. Try saying anything against sage or government advice and your social media is shut down, when as any medical person been allowed to speak out. MSM no debate only the government line, no freedom of speech no right to protest (BLM exculed) no debate. But that's ok because its for your safety, read that line in German circular 1938. Without free debate its dictatorial rule, but people dont want debate because MSM told them they don't need it trust us.

You seem to be saying no medical groups can speak out..but there was a joint statement yesterday.

There have been plenty of anti lockdown protests which are widely reported."

Don't bullshit protest are not coved and experts are removed from social media within hours, stop playing their game and we can have a real debate.

What specific rights wont we be getting back.?ok you follow and believe everything that the government and sage say, so you're happy and the world's ok. Try saying anything against sage or government advice and your social media is shut down, when as any medical person been allowed to speak out. MSM no debate only the government line, no freedom of speech no right to protest (BLM exculed) no debate. But that's ok because its for your safety, read that line in German circular 1938. Without free debate its dictatorial rule, but people dont want debate because MSM told them they don't need it trust us.

"

try saying this on twitter or Facebook

liverpool

There have been plenty of anti lockdown protests which are widely reported.Don't bullshit protest are not coved and experts are removed from social media within hours, stop playing their game and we can have a real debate. "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-55289231

You found a 2 minute clip well done, how long did that take. MSM wont debate it end of.

liverpool

"You found a 2 minute clip well done, how long did that take. MSM wont debate it end of."

About 3 seconds

I'm fairly sure the bbc counts as the main steam media?

liverpool

Listen to any phone on..callers have a wide range of opinions ..I've heard several say the virus doesn't exist and they were allowed on the air.

"Listen to any phone on..callers have a wide range of opinions ..I've heard several say the virus doesn't exist and they were allowed on the air."
lol so a phone in is now classed as a real debate I give up.

liverpool

"Listen to any phone on..callers have a wide range of opinions ..I've heard several say the virus doesn't exist and they were allowed on the air.lol so a phone in is now classed as a real debate I give up. "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

try saying this on twitter or Facebook "

Is it not understood on there?

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Don't bullshit protest are not coved and experts are removed from social media within hours, stop playing their game and we can have a real debate. "

The convenient 'experts' consisting of people who have been struck off or are experts in totally unrelated subjects?

The reason they are removed from social media is because they are purveyors of fake information and we have enough problems without providing a soapbox to these idiots seeking to gather other gullible acolytes.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

The virus will spread this xmas and I truly hope you dont lose someone to it...but a little empathy from you would go a long way... would you care to highlight anywhere on this thread where I have "spat my dummy out"? As for empathy, we have selflessly worked all the way though this to assist our fellow man, to be called selfish is frankly laughable"

Russian roulette springs to mind with these two. Good luck.

Come and work on our wards and we will show you real life civid cases...this is why were all in such a state ..I don't know anyone who's contracted it so its bull crap..doesn't exist...really really selfish selfish ignorant people let's hope no one you love needs help as it doesn't really exist???!!!

By *p4u69Man  over a year ago

Guernsey

Mine will be going ahead as normal with friends and family. Luckily we are covid free here in Guernsey, its just a shame that the swinging/kink scene is dead

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Come and work on our wards and we will show you real life civid cases...this is why were all in such a state ..I don't know anyone who's contracted it so its bull crap..doesn't exist...really really selfish selfish ignorant people let's hope no one you love needs help as it doesn't really exist???!!! "

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Non essential shops are shut from Christmas Eve for atleast 3 weeks probably longer and the welsh government are going to make it illegal for more than 2 households to mix over Christmas.Hoping this will work .

On a mooch

"Non essential shops are shut from Christmas Eve for atleast 3 weeks probably longer and the welsh government are going to make it illegal for more than 2 households to mix over Christmas.Hoping this will work ."

Another lockdown for Wales ?

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Come and work on our wards and we will show you real life civid cases...this is why were all in such a state ..I don't know anyone who's contracted it so its bull crap..doesn't exist...really really selfish selfish ignorant people let's hope no one you love needs help as it doesn't really exist???!!! "

Well said - there are some total selfish idiots on this thread!

swansea

[Removed by poster at 17/12/20 00:13:29]

swansea

"Non essential shops are shut from Christmas Eve for atleast 3 weeks probably longer and the welsh government are going to make it illegal for more than 2 households to mix over Christmas.Hoping this will work .

Another lockdown for Wales ? "

Yeah full lockdown December 28th all shops gyms etc closing Christmas eve and not allowed to reopen.Not sure till when it will be 3 week review..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There have been plenty of anti lockdown protests which are widely reported.Don't bullshit protest are not coved and experts are removed from social media within hours, stop playing their game and we can have a real debate. "

The great thing for experts is that respected credible professional media exist for them to publish in full whatever evidence or insight that their expertise relates to. This past year has proved how well this works, with experts globally sharing their credible work with the world.

By contrast, many self-proclaimed people of importance have been imposing dangerous garbage, typically hitting the gullible and ignorant, with catastrophic consequences. Reputable specialists do use some social and other media outlets but their professional expertise is published appropriately elsewhere. If they have no published material evidence, they aren't a good source of data.

The Internet is a tremendously powerful tool. It's wise to be discriminating in how we use it. If we are uncertain of the quality of data from governments, we can direct our focus on to the sources that are open to the publication of esteemed scientists' work. Think of anything else as akin to hearsay, which can be subject to any biases

On a mooch

"Non essential shops are shut from Christmas Eve for atleast 3 weeks probably longer and the welsh government are going to make it illegal for more than 2 households to mix over Christmas.Hoping this will work .

Another lockdown for Wales ? Yeah full lockdown December 28th all shops gyms etc closing Christmas eve and not allowed to reopen.Not sure till when it will be 3 week review.."

Sorry to hear that, I hope this one helps but more importantly your numbers stay down when come out the other side

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"Ours will be going ahead as planned. Those that want to come can, those that are worried can stay away"

norwich

We will be totally ignoring all Christmas rules. We have an 80 year old member of family who was stuck in hospital alone and scared because no vistors were allowed. They are happy to take there chances so the rest of us our.

Another older members who's partner died alone in hospital with Zero contact for over a week. Not even updates from the hospital dispite being called over and over again. (This hospital in question was not in a bad Covid hit area so it wasnt due them being over run)

They have choosen to ignore rules to be with the family.

I Personally will be mixing with a number of other household through sevrral traditional meet ups.

We are having a Covid free Christmas.

Feel free to give us abuse for that, we honestly do not care.

Preston

Millions of children will not mixing at school for 2 weeks or more so I'm sure we can have upto 3 households mixing Christmas day and still have an over all reduction in the rise of infections.

My personal example will be my daughter will reduce her contact from 200 other kids down to mixing with her nan and grandad

I'll be reducing my contact from at least 20 people while I'm not going into work over Christmas to 2 extra people as above for Christmas day.

Times that nation wide.

"We will be totally ignoring all Christmas rules. We have an 80 year old member of family who was stuck in hospital alone and scared because no vistors were allowed. They are happy to take there chances so the rest of us our.

Another older members who's partner died alone in hospital with Zero contact for over a week. Not even updates from the hospital dispite being called over and over again. (This hospital in question was not in a bad Covid hit area so it wasnt due them being over run)

I Personally will be mixing with a number of other household through sevrral traditional meet ups.

Feel free to give us abuse for that, we honestly do not care."

Enjoy your Christmas and your time with your loved ones xxx

[Removed by poster at 17/12/20 07:58:06]

We have already seen the wards and know the truth.

Did we mention what we do for a living? Thought not...............

Nottingham

"We will be totally ignoring all Christmas rules. We have an 80 year old member of family who was stuck in hospital alone and scared because no vistors were allowed. They are happy to take there chances so the rest of us our.

Feel free to give us abuse for that, we honestly do not care."

A covid free Christmas simply doesnt exist ....unless you're in a coffin!

norwich

"

A covid free Christmas simply doesnt exist ....unless you're in a coffin! "

Like our relatives partner who died alone (not of covid) crying for her loved ones not understanding why she couldnt she them surrounded by empty hospital beds.

We'll take our chance with Covid for the family to be together.

By *lderexperienceMan  over a year ago

Skipton

The latest trajectories indicate that it’s highly likely that the next national lockdown will be February. The impact of the 5 day free for all, because let’s face it the masses are going to do what the hell they want, won’t be felt until the end of January and the numbers escalate rapidly thereafter.

Although the R number is falling and rates in many areas is down the impact on the NHS is still being get and in felt hospital admissions continue to increase despite the last lockdown and the tier restrictions. Very worrying given that by now empty bed numbers should start to increase and they are not. Equally first week of January is historically the start of winter proper for the NHS so all this points to a very difficult few months ahead.

Whilst the vaccine programme has started the full effect of that won’t be felt until the end of May 2021 and even then that’s reliant on a really high uptake. Clearly whilst the anti vaxxers are out sharing scare stories this could impact the effectiveness of that programme which pushes us further into future waves of Covid.

liverpool

"The latest trajectories indicate that it’s highly likely that the next national lockdown will be February. The impact of the 5 day free for all, because let’s face it the masses are going to do what the hell they want, won’t be felt until the end of January and the numbers escalate rapidly thereafter.

Although the R number is falling and rates in many areas is down the impact on the NHS is still being get and in felt hospital admissions continue to increase despite the last lockdown and the tier restrictions. Very worrying given that by now empty bed numbers should start to increase and they are not. Equally first week of January is historically the start of winter proper for the NHS so all this points to a very difficult few months ahead.

Whilst the vaccine programme has started the full effect of that won’t be felt until the end of May 2021 and even then that’s reliant on a really high uptake. Clearly whilst the anti vaxxers are out sharing scare stories this could impact the effectiveness of that programme which pushes us further into future waves of Covid.

"

Fucking hope not

At worst we should go back into the tier thing

By *lderexperienceMan  over a year ago

Skipton

Well it’s down to all of us to keep safe and act accordingly.

I get tested weekly and I wouldn’t risk meeting at the moment

» Add a new message to this topic