FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sticking to current regulations

Sticking to current regulations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We're sticking as closely as possible to current guidelines re covid. All our friends and family are too. Everyone in our street is very careful, all our deliveries have been made by drivers who observe social distancing and wear masks. The postman wears a mask and gloves and is unfailingly cheerful and chatty from the top of the drive at a good distance.

I know it isn't news worthy, I know its not going to outrage people and get "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" type reactions but lots and lots of people are doing their best. It's a pity we met seem to concentrate on the ones that aren't.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Same. Everyone I know personally is being incredibly careful and hopes that if we all do our bit, we can bring this to an end.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's because it's easy to blame people.

People are scared and want someone to blame so its easier to think somebody is causing this rather than it just being a virus that is very easily spread.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Ditto on the doing what's asked etc but that doesn't get clicks or sell print which has often been the case..

Just got to keep on doing the right thing, this will pass..

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Same here too .

Maybe being too compliant (if that's a thing)

I dont think the ones who dont comply with what's being asked of them are scared enough of this killer virus.Or they think it will never affect them.

To those people ...

IT CAN .

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I am a keyworker exposed to quite a few different households so that makes me over cautious in my ppe and sanitising and avoiding people on the street.

On the back roads people are giving space and wearing face coverings and generally being nice to each other, its the high street and shops that ruin it with non or partial compliance and that ranges all across the ages

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Since the Tier 4 and current lockdown I know someone who hasn't been out of the house except for a blood test in 85 days.

He's never going to be lauded for that. Because sadly that kind of news just isn't news.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think that generally morale is very, very low. People are blaming each other and getting very suspicious of others.

Sometimes we just need to switch our gaze to what's going right.

Lots of love Pollyanna

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Since the Tier 4 and current lockdown I know someone who hasn't been out of the house except for a blood test in 85 days.

He's never going to be lauded for that. Because sadly that kind of news just isn't news."

Exactly!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Since the Tier 4 and current lockdown I know someone who hasn't been out of the house except for a blood test in 85 days.

He's never going to be lauded for that. Because sadly that kind of news just isn't news."

It's different because they're very high risk, but two people I serve have been outside their houses two or three times each since February or March, for the hospital or doctor only. They both have had people other than carers in once or twice apiece.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I think that generally morale is very, very low. People are blaming each other and getting very suspicious of others.

Lots of love Pollyanna "

I try to keep positive.

My mum has had her first part of the vaccine.

My family are well.

I have a new grandchild due .

So many happy times ahead .

"We're sticking as closely as possible to current guidelines re covid. All our friends and family are too. Everyone in our street is very careful, all our deliveries have been made by drivers who observe social distancing and wear masks. The postman wears a mask and gloves and is unfailingly cheerful and chatty from the top of the drive at a good distance.

I know it isn't news worthy, I know its not going to outrage people and get "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" type reactions but lots and lots of people are doing their best. It's a pity we met seem to concentrate on the ones that aren't."

Shame people on Fab arent

Dont you think?

Ive reported hundreds

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"We're sticking as closely as possible to current guidelines re covid. All our friends and family are too. Everyone in our street is very careful, all our deliveries have been made by drivers who observe social distancing and wear masks. The postman wears a mask and gloves and is unfailingly cheerful and chatty from the top of the drive at a good distance.

I know it isn't news worthy, I know its not going to outrage people and get "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" type reactions but lots and lots of people are doing their best. It's a pity we met seem to concentrate on the ones that aren't.

Dont you think?

Ive reported hundreds"

Hmm surely there aren’t folk on here still trying to get a meet. I’m appalled. Granted I’ve seen a few dodgey ones with phone numbers and post codes.

Dont you think?

Ive reported hundreds

Hmm surely there aren’t folk on here still trying to get a meet. I’m appalled. Granted I’ve seen a few dodgey ones with phone numbers and post codes. "

A few?

Try hundreds!!!

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Dont you think?

Ive reported hundreds

Hmm surely there aren’t folk on here still trying to get a meet. I’m appalled. Granted I’ve seen a few dodgey ones with phone numbers and post codes.

A few?

Try hundreds!!!"

Well I’m not one to brag. But I’ve had fk loads of offers to meet now. I’ve told them. But most are ignorant to the fact that there is even a problem

Most people here seem to be sticking to the rules too. The basic rules- hands face space.

We have a couple of people who tested positive and we really don't know how. They haven't been to raves or parties.

The snowdrops are out though.

Dont you think?

Ive reported hundreds

A few?

Try hundreds!!!

Well I’m not one to brag. But I’ve had fk loads of offers to meet now. I’ve told them. But most are ignorant to the fact that there is even a problem "

Yup. Or they just choose to close their eyes

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think that generally morale is very, very low. People are blaming each other and getting very suspicious of others.

Lots of love Pollyanna

I try to keep positive.

My mum has had her first part of the vaccine.

My family are well.

I have a new grandchild due .

So many happy times ahead ."

A new grandchild is such cause for celebration. Lucky you

Iv only left my home 7 times since the beginning of November.

Twice to the local co-op, 4 times to support a clinically vulnerable person and once for essential medical treatment but on that occasion I managed to catch Covid.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Dont you think?

Ive reported hundreds"

You're doing the right thing there then.

I think your response illustrates just how people are feeling currently.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Most people here seem to be sticking to the rules too. The basic rules- hands face space.

We have a couple of people who tested positive and we really don't know how. They haven't been to raves or parties.

The snowdrops are out though. "

Are they! I haven't seen any yet. I did see some daffodils on my walk and unbelievably we've still got roses blooming

Forum Mod

East Sussex

He's never going to be lauded for that. Because sadly that kind of news just isn't news.

Iv only left my home 7 times since the beginning of November.

Twice to the local co-op, 4 times to support a clinically vulnerable person and once for essential medical treatment but on that occasion I managed to catch Covid. "

Sorry to hear that

One could simply say it's not the ones that are complying that we need to focus on, they aren't the ones spreading it.

Sadly for many many months there's was too much forum shaming towards those who spoke out about those who were meeting and ignoring restrictions put in place to help those who were particularly vulnerable. So many consistently kept saying well the vulnerable should be shut up away and protect themselves and let the rest get on with living. It was and is a disgusting idea of pure selfishness. Thankfully some continued to speak out and the opinion tide has changed but a lot of damage has been done to many people's confidence for standing firm.

Reporting doesn't do much other than just being blocked from the one you've reported so doesn't help in redressing the issue.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I rather think that the government is blaming people for lockdown breaches and the prolongation of the suffering in order to distract from their mishandling of the crisis.

If we're blaming those at no4 who had 3 people round, then we're not shouting so much at the government.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I had hoped this wouldn't end up as a thread about people meeting but it seems to be going that way.

Reporting does result in action, I will post how next then close the thread.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******