FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > lockdown set to continue until at least 8 March

lockdown set to continue until at least 8 March

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Boris Johnson to reveal 'roadmap' to easing rules on 22 February - but lockdown set to continue until at least 8 March

Coronavirus latest: UK sees 1,725 daily deaths; Boris Johnson effectively extends England lockdown to at least 8 March - the earliest date at which schools will reopen.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Boris Johnson to reveal 'roadmap' to easing rules on 22 February - but lockdown set to continue until at least 8 March

Coronavirus latest: UK sees 1,725 daily deaths; Boris Johnson effectively extends England lockdown to at least 8 March - the earliest date at which schools will reopen.

"

I think it will be much longer than that but people want dates.. thing is they seem to be failing to grasp that we cant give dates when we dont know how things are going to have progressed x

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

I doubt it will go on much past early March, not with so many people vaccinated, so many people that will have some form of immunity from having it in this round, the economy being on its knees and the weather improving. Get the kids back to school and businesses running again !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I doubt it will go on much past early March, not with so many people vaccinated, so many people that will have some form of immunity from having it in this round, the economy being on its knees and the weather improving. Get the kids back to school and businesses running again ! "

They wont have imunity, the jab just reduces symptoms. My vote is mid summer before things are lifted. The economy is surely shot by now, so i think any more of this wont make much difference

By *p 4 fun 777Man  over a year ago

gwent

It’s only for our own safety really

"I doubt it will go on much past early March, not with so many people vaccinated, so many people that will have some form of immunity from having it in this round, the economy being on its knees and the weather improving. Get the kids back to school and businesses running again !

They wont have imunity, the jab just reduces symptoms. My vote is mid summer before things are lifted. The economy is surely shot by now, so i think any more of this wont make much difference"

Yes they will have some form of immunity that's the whole point of the vaccine.

Imunity does not mean that you are not going to get a virus, It just means you are less likely to get as sick.

Catching covid it isn't an issue getting seriously ill to the point where you need hospitalisation or passing it on to someone who could is.

nearby

"I doubt it will go on much past early March, not with so many people vaccinated, so many people that will have some form of immunity from having it in this round, the economy being on its knees and the weather improving. Get the kids back to school and businesses running again !

They wont have imunity, the jab just reduces symptoms. My vote is mid summer before things are lifted. The economy is surely shot by now, so i think any more of this wont make much difference"

Well it’ll still stop the old and frail from firing from it therefore safe to go out, we don’t need immunity to lift the lockdown we just need to reduce the risk of death. The sooner business can get going again the better and luckily the government think that too !

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope things are eased cautiously this time

By *edandLouCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

This year is going to be similar to last in my opinion. With every note of optimism they roll out pessimism by the boat load at every opportunity. First sign of any good weather I fear lockdown fatigue could see massive problems with non compliance. Lou.

"I doubt it will go on much past early March, not with so many people vaccinated, so many people that will have some form of immunity from having it in this round, the economy being on its knees and the weather improving. Get the kids back to school and businesses running again ! "
How self centered, having had 6 members of my family catch covid ( luckily all survived ) inc my daughter, who caught it from school and trace and trace is still next to useless ( refused to act on info we gave about school ) and school who when phoned denied their fault, the only way is to protect yourself, as I'm certain the shite show of a government is so late after problem, allowing the school to open march 8th will be wave 4,5,6,7.... until we adopt a new Zealand approach, we will never get ahead of virus.

Manchester (she/her)

"I doubt it will go on much past early March, not with so many people vaccinated, so many people that will have some form of immunity from having it in this round, the economy being on its knees and the weather improving. Get the kids back to school and businesses running again ! How self centered, having had 6 members of my family catch covid ( luckily all survived ) inc my daughter, who caught it from school and trace and trace is still next to useless ( refused to act on info we gave about school ) and school who when phoned denied their fault, the only way is to protect yourself, as I'm certain the shite show of a government is so late after problem, allowing the school to open march 8th will be wave 4,5,6,7.... until we adopt a new Zealand approach, we will never get ahead of virus."

I wish you and your family health

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I just wish all idiots who think having the vaccine makes you "immune" would get a grip.

It does NOT make you immune...all it does is lower the chance of you dying or ending up in ICU. You can STILL get the virus and STILL transmit it!!!!

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"Boris Johnson to reveal 'roadmap' to easing rules on 22 February - but lockdown set to continue until at least 8 March

"

Im fully expecting this to go on until at least after Easter.... going by usual respiratory disease patterns

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

When the money runs out lockdown will end ,can’t keep paying out and unemployment will become a massive issue

nearby

Exactly it dramatically lowers the chance of people getting sick enough to need hospitalisation or going on to die. Once that risk is dramatically reduced it does not matter if people still get sick from it. People get sick from all sorts and life goes on. Some will still die .. but then that’s just part of life ! It won’t be long now that’s for sure!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I just wish all idiots who think having the vaccine makes you "immune" would get a grip.

It does NOT make you immune...all it does is lower the chance of you dying or ending up in ICU. You can STILL get the virus and STILL transmit it!!!!"

To be fair I think it's an education issue, it needs to be clearly set out just what the vaccine means in relation to levels of immunity, susceptibility to still catch and pass on the virus etc..

Herne Bay

"The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ? "
With total outrage

"I just wish all idiots who think having the vaccine makes you "immune" would get a grip.

It does NOT make you immune...all it does is lower the chance of you dying or ending up in ICU. You can STILL get the virus and STILL transmit it!!!!"

Apparently you know more than Van Tamm and Valance. They say the data isn’t there yet though with such a high efficacy it should have an impact on transmission.

Manchester (she/her)

"The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ? "

I don't know. I've long since stopped paying attention to them, beyond knowing my legal obligations.

Manchester (she/her)

"The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ? With total outrage "

Would they have accepted 100k deaths?

Herne Bay

"The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ? With total outrage

Would they have accepted 100k deaths?"

That’s a silly question ,do you accept 150000 deaths of cancer a year ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I was reading somewhere that the thing people camt cope with is uncertainty.

If they say..right lockdown for 6 months you can prepare for it.

But the constant back tracking and false hope does the real damage

liverpool

"The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ? With total outrage

Would they have accepted 100k deaths? That’s a silly question ,do you accept 150000 deaths of cancer a year ? "

Can you catch cancer?

Manchester (she/her)

Would they have accepted 100k deaths? That’s a silly question ,do you accept 150000 deaths of cancer a year ? "

I give to cancer research.

Do you know the difference between average death rates and excess deaths?

Herne Bay

Would they have accepted 100k deaths? That’s a silly question ,do you accept 150000 deaths of cancer a year ?

Can you catch cancer?"

obviously not but You can and do die from it

Manchester (she/her)

Would they have accepted 100k deaths? That’s a silly question ,do you accept 150000 deaths of cancer a year ?

Can you catch cancer?"

If you had told me last year that I could save ten people from dying of cancer by being under house arrest for a year... Ok I'll do that.

But apparently these excess deaths don't count because reasons

Can you catch cancer?"

No. Approximately 1 in 2 are expected to suffer from cancer.

Herne Bay

Can you catch cancer?

No. Approximately 1 in 2 are expected to suffer from cancer. "

And Cancer kills all age groups 1 in 2 just shows how dangerous it is

Manchester (she/her)

Can you catch cancer?

No. Approximately 1 in 2 are expected to suffer from cancer. And Cancer kills all age groups 1 in 2 just shows how dangerous it is "

Do you know what makes cancer even worse?

A raging pandemic.

Herne Bay

Can you catch cancer?

No. Approximately 1 in 2 are expected to suffer from cancer. And Cancer kills all age groups 1 in 2 just shows how dangerous it is

A raging pandemic."

Do you know what makes it worse people unable to get appointments for cancer

liverpool

Can you catch cancer? obviously not but You can and do die from it "

We know that

Can you catch cancer?

No. Approximately 1 in 2 are expected to suffer from cancer. And Cancer kills all age groups 1 in 2 just shows how dangerous it is

A raging pandemic."

I’m 63 years of age, have been living with cancer for almost 3 years. Cancer is a much bigger threat to me than Covid.

Manchester (she/her)

Can you catch cancer?

A raging pandemic. Do you know what makes it worse people unable to get appointments for cancer "

Gee, I wonder why the NHS might be having trouble right now...

Manchester (she/her)

Can you catch cancer?

A raging pandemic.

I’m 63 years of age, have been living with cancer for almost 3 years. Cancer is a much bigger threat to me than Covid."

I agree, and I'm sorry. However, I believe that several cancer treatments make people clinically extremely vulnerable to Covid-19. So suppressing the virus will help those cancer patients be more likely to survive.

Leeds

It does NOT make you immune...all it does is lower the chance of you dying or ending up in ICU. You can STILL get the virus and STILL transmit it!!!!

Apparently you know more than Van Tamm and Valance. They say the data isn’t there yet though with such a high efficacy it should have an impact on transmission."

No I do not know more than them. They have said from day 1 that this vaccine will not provide 100% immunity....just like the flu vaccine.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

To be fair I think it's an education issue, it needs to be clearly set out just what the vaccine means in relation to levels of immunity, susceptibility to still catch and pass on the virus etc.."

.... and that for some it will be no help at all if their bodies don’t react and build the defences it is supposed to.

Will go on way past March 8th . Schools might reopen but that will be about it

You are spot on

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

End of lockdown is when the trouble starts

Furlough ends too and has been paying up to 10 million peoples wages.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

It will be longer than this.....

Reason being the roadmap actually calls for schools to go back first whilst everything else remains closed

So if you are looking at first 4 groups completely vaccinated plus 3 weeks....the earliest anything else is going reopen is the 2 week review after the schools go back

So the earliest point the national lockdown could be lifted is week beginning March 22nd

Leeds

It has taken 3 months to vaccinate just over 7 million....and thats just the first dose. Look at how many people are in the UK. It will be at least the end of the year before all those eligible for the vaccine has had the 2 doses needed.

not strictly true they have been openly saying it will give some immunity they are just not sure how much .. it could be 1% it could be 99% they wont know until further down the road

Manchester (she/her)

not strictly true they have been openly saying it will give some immunity they are just not sure how much .. it could be 1% it could be 99% they wont know until further down the road"

It might, the studies are being done, we have to assume none for now. Is what I take away.

2 weeks to flatten the curve

By *arry WindsorMan  over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1][2] A vaccine typically contains a biological preparation from disease-causing microorganism, or since the beginning of the 21st century, made synthetically that resembles it. This preparation is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat and starts producing antibodies against it, so as to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future. Vaccines can be prophylactic (to prevent or ameliorate the effects of a future infection by a natural or "wild" pathogen), or therapeutic (to fight a disease that has already occurred, such as cancer).[3][4][5][6]

The administration of vaccines is called vaccination. Vaccination is the most effective method of preventing infectious diseases;[7] widespread immunity due to vaccination is largely responsible for the worldwide eradication of smallpox and the restriction of diseases such as polio, measles, and tetanus from much of the world. The effectiveness of vaccination has been widely studied and verified;[8] for example, vaccines that have proven effective include the influenza vaccine,[9] the HPV vaccine,[10] and the chicken pox vaccine.[11] The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that licensed vaccines are currently available for twenty-five different preventable infections.[12]

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to find information on the internet?

I think it will be much longer than that but people want dates.. thing is they seem to be failing to grasp that we cant give dates when we dont know how things are going to have progressed x "

Agree with you. We forget fortune telling isn't science or maths that follow defined laws. It's a virus and people who are spreading it don't follow rules and laws.

The new variant is a cat amongst the pigeons and I've repeatedly said that there could even be another by Easter time to contend with.

liverpool

Isnt it strange how as the figures go up..so does the people are too blame narrative?

Can you catch cancer?

A raging pandemic.

I’m 63 years of age, have been living with cancer for almost 3 years. Cancer is a much bigger threat to me than Covid.

I agree, and I'm sorry. However, I believe that several cancer treatments make people clinically extremely vulnerable to Covid-19. So suppressing the virus will help those cancer patients be more likely to survive."

Very true it’s just I find people saying you can’t catch cancer just as insulting as those saying people in their 80s dying with Covid don’t matter.

8 Mardh and beyond....to infinity....!!

They wont have imunity, the jab just reduces symptoms. My vote is mid summer before things are lifted. The economy is surely shot by now, so i think any more of this wont make much difference

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1][2] A vaccine typically contains a biological preparation from disease-causing microorganism, or since the beginning of the 21st century, made synthetically that resembles it. This preparation is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat and starts producing antibodies against it, so as to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future. Vaccines can be prophylactic (to prevent or ameliorate the effects of a future infection by a natural or "wild" pathogen), or therapeutic (to fight a disease that has already occurred, such as cancer).[3][4][5][6]

The administration of vaccines is called vaccination. Vaccination is the most effective method of preventing infectious diseases;[7] widespread immunity due to vaccination is largely responsible for the worldwide eradication of smallpox and the restriction of diseases such as polio, measles, and tetanus from much of the world. The effectiveness of vaccination has been widely studied and verified;[8] for example, vaccines that have proven effective include the influenza vaccine,[9] the HPV vaccine,[10] and the chicken pox vaccine.[11] The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that licensed vaccines are currently available for twenty-five different preventable infections.[12]

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to find information on the internet?"

It is but even this doesn't tell the complete story. Some could read that it kills the virus and therefore the host can't get it, which isn't correct, it may kill it or simply build enough immunity that the host can fight it without having servers symptoms. The host can still carry and pass it on the multiple other people whose immunity may not be as good.

It took a long time to eradicated smallpox and others so to think it'll be all sorted this year is simply pie in the sky.

Manchester (she/her)

Can you catch cancer?

A raging pandemic.

I agree, and I'm sorry. However, I believe that several cancer treatments make people clinically extremely vulnerable to Covid-19. So suppressing the virus will help those cancer patients be more likely to survive.

Very true it’s just I find people saying you can’t catch cancer just as insulting as those saying people in their 80s dying with Covid don’t matter."

I would suppress cancer with my actions if I could. Instead I suppress the danger that some cancer patients face from Covid (by staying at home). You know?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We've got problems so it's right that it continues. Wait for the late February plan before we speculate how it's possibly going to unfold.

We've not got vaccine stocks here to last until March 8th, so that's a significant hurdle to go beyond, whilst millions still need vaccinating. 2 major tasks that we have, on top of Testing, Tracing and Isolation systems that have to be made to work after waiting for almost a year. There is no strong economy without healthy people

"The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ?

But the constant back tracking and false hope does the real damage "

i think it depends on the person, i told myself march when they announced Christmas and i could deal with that, if in march they announce more then again at the time i will deal with it, but the posts in here where people talk about being locked down all year give me anxiety ... i cant bear to think it wont get better at all this year and even if i’m giving myself false hope i would still rather go with that

Can you catch cancer?

A raging pandemic. Do you know what makes it worse people unable to get appointments for cancer "

thats because of a pandemic , not because of measures to curb the pandemic, locked down or not these appointments cant go ahead when the hospitals have no capacity

"It has taken 3 months to vaccinate just over 7 million....and thats just the first dose. Look at how many people are in the UK. It will be at least the end of the year before all those eligible for the vaccine has had the 2 doses needed."

Where did the 3 months come from? We started late the end of December and we are still in January

Manchester (she/her)

I really dislike throwing cancer around as a comparison. Or anything else really.

The existence of cancer (air pollution, poverty, mental illness) doesn't negate the problems of the pandemic.

Dealing with the pandemic will mean that we can return to treating cancer properly.

Manchester (she/her)

Can you catch cancer?

A raging pandemic. Do you know what makes it worse people unable to get appointments for cancer

thats because of a pandemic , not because of measures to curb the pandemic, locked down or not these appointments cant go ahead when the hospitals have no capacity"

I don't know how lifting restrictions would make cancer appointments come back

Lifting restrictions without suppression = more Covid. More Covid = less other treatment.

It's not even an internally consistent argument.

not strictly true they have been openly saying it will give some immunity they are just not sure how much .. it could be 1% it could be 99% they wont know until further down the road

It might, the studies are being done, we have to assume none for now. Is what I take away."

totally agree but we are being told to assume none to ensure we stay cautious

sadly the takeaway for some had been well if we get no immunity its a useless vaccine lets just go back to normal and cut our losses

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The government just drip feeds us dates of hope. Lockdown in March - it will all be over in twelve weeks. All over by Christmas. Now we can ease lockdown in March. If they had told us in March last year we would be locked down for over a year, how would people have reacted ?

i think it depends on the person, i told myself march when they announced Christmas and i could deal with that, if in march they announce more then again at the time i will deal with it, but the posts in here where people talk about being locked down all year give me anxiety ... i cant bear to think it wont get better at all this year and even if i’m giving myself false hope i would still rather go with that "

The best way to keep sane is always to stay positive and not look to far ahead.

Manchester (she/her)

It might, the studies are being done, we have to assume none for now. Is what I take away.

totally agree but we are being told to assume none to ensure we stay cautious

sadly the takeaway for some had been well if we get no immunity its a useless vaccine lets just go back to normal and cut our losses "

Well, some are going to revert to "open it up and let it rip, vaccines are icky" regardless.

"It has taken 3 months to vaccinate just over 7 million....and thats just the first dose. Look at how many people are in the UK. It will be at least the end of the year before all those eligible for the vaccine has had the 2 doses needed."

No it hasn't.

The first vaccine was given on the 10th December. Its 7.5 million in 8 weeks tomorrow.

"Isnt it strange how as the figures go up..so does the people are too blame narrative?"

no it makes perfect sense to me ... person to person contact spreads the virus, country is locked down and the virus continues to spread at ridiculously high levels (lower than before does not mean its low enough) , who would you blame if not people? its not like some super villains are pumping it into the water supply

"It has taken 3 months to vaccinate just over 7 million....and thats just the first dose. Look at how many people are in the UK. It will be at least the end of the year before all those eligible for the vaccine has had the 2 doses needed.

No it hasn't.

The first vaccine was given on the 10th December. Its 7.5 million in 8 weeks tomorrow. "

Correction it was the 8th so 8 weeks yesterday but still not bad going.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

i think it depends on the person, i told myself march when they announced Christmas and i could deal with that, if in march they announce more then again at the time i will deal with it, but the posts in here where people talk about being locked down all year give me anxiety ... i cant bear to think it wont get better at all this year and even if i’m giving myself false hope i would still rather go with that "

I’m with you, as a group family and friends decided (and accepted) in August that we likely wouldn’t see each other until May 2021 at the earliest, but more likely July/August. This has definitely helped us all deal with it, no expectations at all of anything different than last year.

Manchester (she/her)

"Isnt it strange how as the figures go up..so does the people are too blame narrative?

no it makes perfect sense to me ... person to person contact spreads the virus, country is locked down and the virus continues to spread at ridiculously high levels (lower than before does not mean its low enough) , who would you blame if not people? its not like some super villains are pumping it into the water supply

"

It depends on if people are following the rules or not. If the rules aren't strong enough to stop the spread, we have to ask about the rule makers.

"Isnt it strange how as the figures go up..so does the people are too blame narrative?

It depends on if people are following the rules or not. If the rules aren't strong enough to stop the spread, we have to ask about the rule makers."

do you think the current rules are too loose to merit the high levels we are still seeing?

the only things allowable now that were not in lockdown 1 that i can think of are construction, funerals and meeting 1 person outdoors for exercise

Manchester (she/her)

It depends on if people are following the rules or not. If the rules aren't strong enough to stop the spread, we have to ask about the rule makers.

do you think the current rules are too loose to merit the high levels we are still seeing?

the only things allowable now that were not in lockdown 1 that i can think of are construction, funerals and meeting 1 person outdoors for exercise"

Tbh I don't know the specifics, but I know mobile movement and school attendance are much higher this time.

Leeds

"It has taken 3 months to vaccinate just over 7 million....and thats just the first dose. Look at how many people are in the UK. It will be at least the end of the year before all those eligible for the vaccine has had the 2 doses needed.

Where did the 3 months come from? We started late the end of December and we are still in January "

That was supposed to say 2.

I think they should possibly add a extra year to education, especially with children being in a d out of school!

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

So besides kids hopefully going back to school, what other restrictions do you expect to be lifted by early March?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Oh what joy. No surprise there then.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

If the South African strain doesn't fly though us as quick as this new strain, I think we will all go straight into a revised tier 4 march 8th ish

"If the South African strain doesn't fly though us as quick as this new strain, I think we will all go straight into a revised tier 4 march 8th ish"

That's what I think with some areas with very low rates going into tier 3.

lockdowns will never end.

they will just reduce to a local level upon outbreaks of a virus.

even if the majority of the population has been vaccinated because we do not control our borders you will always be open to outbreaks of infection.

soon as people start going on holiday again. partying etc they will relax and not bother washing hands and practicing good hygiene.

and all the government will have to say is this is a new variant and needs to be locked down.

its here for many many years.

» Add a new message to this topic