FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid Vaccination

Covid Vaccination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good Morning All,

Sorry if this has been covered already, but will clubs be asking if people attending have had the Vaccination and need to show proof before allowed in.

Thanks in advance Ray

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't think so cause not every body wanna be vaccinated, looks like this ?? is killing not helping. Just my opinion

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why not have the vaccinations and then if clubs do ask you are covered. Easy !

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Good Morning All,

Sorry if this has been covered already, but will clubs be asking if people attending have had the Vaccination and need to show proof before allowed in.

Thanks in advance Ray"

From the way things are planning out the risk once we have reached herd immunity will be far greater to the unvaccinated as the vaccinated won’t suffer such severe consequences from catching the virus but they can still pass it on. Personally if I was choosing not to accept the vaccination I’d be going nowhere near a club as the risk to me would be far greater than those that had accepted.

South

"Why not have the vaccinations and then if clubs do ask you are covered. Easy !"
not rocket science is it - bring on the jab!!!

South

"Don't think so cause not every body wanna be vaccinated, looks like this ?? is killing not helping. Just my opinion "

Sigh.... what’s killing? The vaccination?

By *omadic1Man  over a year ago

North Lincs

Let’s clear a few points up.

1). The vacation will NOT stop you catching the virus.

2). Neither will it stop you passing it on to anyone else. The best way of preventing this is, and will continue to be, the well worn mantra of Hands, Face, Space (and in the reverse order of importance).

3). However if you ARE vaccinated, IF you catch the virus, the symptoms WILL be MUCH LESS SEVERE and your chances of having permanent or long term life changing complications or DIEING will be SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED.

4). The health risks to an unvaccinated person who catches the virus are FANTASTICALLY, HUMONGOUSLY, GINORMOUSLY, GREATER than they are from having the vaccination. (An analogy said to me, “It’s the difference between sitting on your own in the middle of a large empty field waiting to be hit by a meteorite and attempting to cross the M25 blindfolded in rush hour).

Everyone should have the vaccine, and those that don’t are BLOODY FOOLS. However it is a personal choice and there are, unfortunately, some people for whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health issues.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Let’s clear a few points up.

2). Neither will it stop you passing it on to anyone else. The best way of preventing this is, and will continue to be, the well worn mantra of Hands, Face, Space (and in the reverse order of importance).

3). However if you ARE vaccinated, IF you catch the virus, the symptoms WILL be MUCH LESS SEVERE and your chances of having permanent or long term life changing complications or DIEING will be SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED.

4). The health risks to an unvaccinated person who catches the virus are FANTASTICALLY, HUMONGOUSLY, GINORMOUSLY, GREATER than they are from having the vaccination. (An analogy said to me, “It’s the difference between sitting on your own in the middle of a large empty field waiting to be hit by a meteorite and attempting to cross the M25 blindfolded in rush hour).

Everyone should have the vaccine, and those that don’t are BLOODY FOOLS. However it is a personal choice and there are, unfortunately, some people for whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health issues."

It is good to find someone who understands how this vaccine works. The amount of times a day I see - well after the vaccine I will be immune or I've already had Covid so I'm immune - is quite scary.

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Everyone should have the vaccine, and those that don’t are BLOODY FOOLS. However it is a personal choice and there are, unfortunately, some people for whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health issues.

It is good to find someone who understands how this vaccine works. The amount of times a day I see - well after the vaccine I will be immune or I've already had Covid so I'm immune - is quite scary."

Well said, why do people think just because they have had the jab things can all of a sudden get back to normal, it is beyond belief.

k

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Club owner here! There are so many questions that we can't give definite answers to right now and lots of repeated answers, but here we go again....

Clubs probably will not rely on vaccine alone. I know we won't anyway! We will be hoping to use a combination of vaccination, fast testing and good hygiene practices to re-open. This depends on a lot of factors and you can follow my green arrow if you want to know more, as I literally discussed this for the 50th time yesterday lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Clubs, like most businesses, don't operate in a vacuum, so would be influenced by how other organisations are operating. If it became very standard to review vaccine status, clubs could potentially follow suit.

If we were a country pursuing eradication of the virus, like New Zealand, it could make more sense initially to check status. We're not though and the benefits of vaccination should reduce the levels of infection, severe illness and death, if a suitably high proportion of the population gets it. It appears to reduce how infectious they are to others, so ever fewer people will catch it, a virtuos circle.

Would clubs need to check your vaccine status or HIV status, if ever smaller numbers of people ever get infected? It's unlikely to be a necessary or desired step for long imo.

This all hangs on the vaccines route being the panacea that we hope for, with high commitment from people to help to protect others and to help to rebuild the economy etc.

I'm inclined to not see clubs wanting vaccine status information, because we'll be close enough to getting infection levels very low, with minimal serious illness. I maybe too much of an optimist.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Don't think so cause not every body wanna be vaccinated, looks like this ?? is killing not helping. Just my opinion "

Explain, your post makes no sense.

E

"Don't think so cause not every body wanna be vaccinated, looks like this ?? is killing not helping. Just my opinion

E"

at first not enough ??,just my opinion if start from goverment will be completely different. It's everybody's choose. Don't wanna argue with somebody it's just my opinion

The South

"Don't think so cause not every body wanna be vaccinated, looks like this ?? is killing not helping. Just my opinion

Eat first not enough ??,just my opinion if start from goverment will be completely different. It's everybody's choose. Don't wanna argue with somebody it's just my opinion "

Not enough what?

No idea what "if start from government means".

Everyone's allowed an opinion.

E

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Actually there is early evidence that vaccination may well reduce your chances of transmission- more research will be available on this in the months ahead

And clubs, like airlines, are private businesses - if they want to say proof of vaccination is a criteria of membership/use of their facilities, as a private company they can do that

They may choose not to but that’s up to them

As a vaccinated person I will be attending clubs when they open and happy to prove it if they want me to

Everyone should have the vaccine, and those that don’t are BLOODY FOOLS. However it is a personal choice and there are, unfortunately, some people for whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health issues."

this is not strictly true they've always said they are not sure how much it will stop transmission and in the last week the oxford vaccine has proved in trials that it could be up to 67% stop transmissions the other vaccines are thought to be similar but waiting for trials data ...67% will save alot more lives than none..

By *ootleCouple  over a year ago

Romford, Essex

How do you prove you've been vaccinated ?

At the moment I believe they give you a little sticker !

Will that be sufficient to show at the door of your favourite club !

If you want a vaccination certificate ( I don't think they exist at the moment) then I assume the individual would have to make an application to their GP and pay for it, how much will it cost ? how long will the certificate be valid for (6 months ? a year ?).

The most serious (legal) issue here is not only about freedom of choice but also around discrimination.

Clubs asking clients to show proof of vaccination is a slippery slope to the courtroom - what next, clients to provide proof of a negative aids test or an STD test dated 3 days before entry!

Clubs may have the right to ask, but individuals would have two options.

1. Tell the truth

2. Lie

I fully agree with a previous comment in this thread and his very well stated points 1-4.

Vaccination, helps to protect you, it does not give you immunity or guarantee that you will not pass it onto others.

Life is about choices, you can be sensible and minimise the risks and get vaccinated or you don't.

It's the same with clubs, I (we) assume from the majority of comments on here that most people would do the right thing. Reading the comments in the forums from club owners on this site it appears they are doing all they can to minimise risks that are under their control.

There will always be those in the minority that for whatever reason will not get vaccinated and will still go to a club. Over time it will them that are at greatest risk and more likely to be seriously ill (they could still catch it from someone who has been vaccinated) - I think they call it karma !

That's life I'm afraid - each of us will have to decide for ourselves whether the risk of going to a club is worth it....or not !

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

...but 33% chance you will transmit or contract, so I would still be assuming I can catch or infect...act accordingly

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

It doesnt really give permanent immunity, only temporary, so it would be quite hard for the clubs to determine, as noone knows the lenght of immunity time one have from the vaccine.

South

"It doesnt really give permanent immunity, only temporary, so it would be quite hard for the clubs to determine, as noone knows the lenght of immunity time one have from the vaccine."

So you could say ‘at the moment it’s showing us continued immunity’ they don’t have the data to show when immunity decreases so saying it doesn’t isn’t actually true

"It doesnt really give permanent immunity, only temporary, so it would be quite hard for the clubs to determine, as noone knows the lenght of immunity time one have from the vaccine.

So you could say ‘at the moment it’s showing us continued immunity’ they don’t have the data to show when immunity decreases so saying it doesn’t isn’t actually true "

Yes, so what isnt true about it?

"...but 33% chance you will transmit or contract, so I would still be assuming I can catch or infect...act accordingly "

But the odds will go down the more people get vaccinated...

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"How do you prove you've been vaccinated ?

At the moment I believe they give you a little sticker !

Will that be sufficient to show at the door of your favourite club !

If you want a vaccination certificate ( I don't think they exist at the moment) then I assume the individual would have to make an application to their GP and pay for it, how much will it cost ? how long will the certificate be valid for (6 months ? a year ?).

The most serious (legal) issue here is not only about freedom of choice but also around discrimination.

Clubs asking clients to show proof of vaccination is a slippery slope to the courtroom - what next, clients to provide proof of a negative aids test or an STD test dated 3 days before entry!

Clubs may have the right to ask, but individuals would have two options.

1. Tell the truth

2. Lie

I fully agree with a previous comment in this thread and his very well stated points 1-4.

Vaccination, helps to protect you, it does not give you immunity or guarantee that you will not pass it onto others.

Life is about choices, you can be sensible and minimise the risks and get vaccinated or you don't.

It's the same with clubs, I (we) assume from the majority of comments on here that most people would do the right thing. Reading the comments in the forums from club owners on this site it appears they are doing all they can to minimise risks that are under their control.

There will always be those in the minority that for whatever reason will not get vaccinated and will still go to a club. Over time it will them that are at greatest risk and more likely to be seriously ill (they could still catch it from someone who has been vaccinated) - I think they call it karma !

That's life I'm afraid - each of us will have to decide for ourselves whether the risk of going to a club is worth it....or not !

"

I can access details of my vaccination online on an app where I can see my medical notes

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Even when most of the population is vaccinated I still wouldn't be near a club for a long time to come.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"Even when most of the population is vaccinated I still wouldn't be near a club for a long time to come."

It's ok as they won't be opening for a long time to come

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It doesnt really give permanent immunity, only temporary, so it would be quite hard for the clubs to determine, as noone knows the lenght of immunity time one have from the vaccine.

So you could say ‘at the moment it’s showing us continued immunity’ they don’t have the data to show when immunity decreases so saying it doesn’t isn’t actually true Yes, so what isnt true about it?"

The bit where we've discussed this before and you were corrected and conceded

We know that immunity continues for the length of time that it has been studied so far. That does not mean that we know that the immunity is of limited duration. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Manchester (she/her)

I would favour any establishment where vaccination status played a role in entry.

So you could say ‘at the moment it’s showing us continued immunity’ they don’t have the data to show when immunity decreases so saying it doesn’t isn’t actually true Yes, so what isnt true about it?

We know that immunity continues for the length of time that it has been studied so far. That does not mean that we know that the immunity is of limited duration. Please stop spreading misinformation."

No. I didnt. I said that we had to agree to disagre on that topic, it doesnt give permanent immunity, the amount if time noone knows yet.

Manchester (she/her)

So you could say ‘at the moment it’s showing us continued immunity’ they don’t have the data to show when immunity decreases so saying it doesn’t isn’t actually true Yes, so what isnt true about it?

We know that immunity continues for the length of time that it has been studied so far. That does not mean that we know that the immunity is of limited duration. Please stop spreading misinformation.No. I didnt. I said that we had to agree to disagre on that topic, it doesnt give permanent immunity, the amount if time noone knows yet."

If we don't know how long immunity lasts, as you say, how can you say it's not permanent? On what basis based on what data?

We know that immunity continues for the length of time that it has been studied so far. That does not mean that we know that the immunity is of limited duration. Please stop spreading misinformation.No. I didnt. I said that we had to agree to disagre on that topic, it doesnt give permanent immunity, the amount if time noone knows yet.

If we don't know how long immunity lasts, as you say, how can you say it's not permanent? On what basis based on what data?"

Because there are studies saying that it just lasts for few months so one might have to get it few times a year.

It is good to find someone who understands how this vaccine works. The amount of times a day I see - well after the vaccine I will be immune or I've already had Covid so I'm immune - is quite scary."

I’ve seen this too & I shake my head.

Far too many haven’t done their research and then bash others.

Manchester (she/her)

We know that immunity continues for the length of time that it has been studied so far. That does not mean that we know that the immunity is of limited duration. Please stop spreading misinformation.No. I didnt. I said that we had to agree to disagre on that topic, it doesnt give permanent immunity, the amount if time noone knows yet.

If we don't know how long immunity lasts, as you say, how can you say it's not permanent? On what basis based on what data?Because there are studies saying that it just lasts for few months so one might have to get it few times a year."

Citation? Because I've seen nothing of the sort.

I work in the music industry and the latest feedback (pun intended) we're getting is that rather than trying to go down the route of 'health passports' and all the barriers and legal redtape that could become embroiled in there is now great hope and excitement about a new ventilation system that aims to wipe out 99.99 per cent of dangerous airborne pathogens. The hope is that this device could become standard issue in all venues and get live music rolling again. With even social distancing abandoned. It is getting trialled at The 100 Club in London so fingers x-d.

Of course it goes without saying such a system would be of great use to clubs too.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Yes, vaccination will not STOP you catching covid, and if you do catch it, it won't STOP you passing it on.

But by the very nature of how vaccination works, it should do a lot to reduce the chances of both. A vaccine essentially pre-prepares your immune system to recognise the infecting virus or bacterium, and to have a ready made plan for how to kill it off.

So in the best case scenario, the virus gets knocked out before it has any chance of replicating, there is zero disease, and no viral particles to pass onto others. However, next best is that the virus gets knocked out not instantly, but faster than it would have been without vaccination. So although there is some replication, some illness, the virus still gets knocked out while there is a lesser amount of it. Hence there is a lesser amount of viral particles to infect others with, and for a lesser time. If it's say half the viral load, for half the time, then that reduces the chance of passing it on by four. Instead of R being maybe 2 (ten infected people pass it on to twenty new people) it's now only 0.5 (ten infected people pass it on to only five new people).

Hence once plenty of people are vaccinated, the number of new infections should shrink each generation of disease, instead of growing. Then as there are fewer infected people walking around, it becomes more unlikely of bumping into someone who is infectious, so that even unvaccinated people are made safer.

While there are only a small number vaccinated, walking around in a population with quite a high level of infection, the vaccinated ones get _some_ protection, and uf they do catch covid _may_ have reduced symptoms.

But once there are a large number vaccinated, 70% or so, then everybody gets _lots_and_lots_ of protection whether they are vaccinated or not, simply because everyone becomes unlikely to meet anyone that is still infected.

Moral of the tale - we're all in the covid boat together, and we all get out of it together. Nobody is safe until everybody is safe.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

"I work in the music industry and the latest feedback (pun intended) we're getting is that rather than trying to go down the route of 'health passports' and all the barriers and legal redtape that could become embroiled in there is now great hope and excitement about a new ventilation system that aims to wipe out 99.99 per cent of dangerous airborne pathogens. The hope is that this device could become standard issue in all venues and get live music rolling again. With even social distancing abandoned. It is getting trialled at The 100 Club in London so fingers x-d.

Of course it goes without saying such a system would be of great use to clubs too."

Which is great, but Covid isn’t airborne. Most pathogens aren’t.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I work in the music industry and the latest feedback (pun intended) we're getting is that rather than trying to go down the route of 'health passports' and all the barriers and legal redtape that could become embroiled in there is now great hope and excitement about a new ventilation system that aims to wipe out 99.99 per cent of dangerous airborne pathogens. The hope is that this device could become standard issue in all venues and get live music rolling again. With even social distancing abandoned. It is getting trialled at The 100 Club in London so fingers x-d.

Of course it goes without saying such a system would be of great use to clubs too."

Yes it would...it would also be very expensive to clubs which have had very little financial help. I'm really excited to hear how this trial goes though as I really want to see some venues come out the other side of this x

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

If we don't know how long immunity lasts, as you say, how can you say it's not permanent? On what basis based on what data?Because there are studies saying that it just lasts for few months so one might have to get it few times a year."

Long term immunity from SARS cov 1 lasted at least 17 years, in the cases of people who had it and recovered when they re-examined them, from the 2002-3 outbreak.

Manchester (she/her)

If we don't know how long immunity lasts, as you say, how can you say it's not permanent? On what basis based on what data?Because there are studies saying that it just lasts for few months so one might have to get it few times a year.Long term immunity from SARS cov 1 lasted at least 17 years, in the cases of people who had it and recovered when they re-examined them, from the 2002-3 outbreak."

Immunity from natural infection, in most durable patients, least eight months so far maximum time studied) per a detailed immunological study from Crotty.

Durable vaccine response unknown (not definitely short, unknown) per Anichi et al in Journal of Medical Virology 11 January 2021

Moderna vaccine shows potential for durable immunity (Graham and Beigel, 7 January 2021, NEJM - letter to the editor but they provide the stats)

Persistent T cell immunity for Pfizer, Moderna, and AZ, Sewell et al Covid-19 vaccines: delivering protective immunity, BMJ, 17 December 2020

Birmingham

Of course it goes without saying such a system would be of great use to clubs too.

Which is great, but Covid isn’t airborne. Most pathogens aren’t."

Really?

Leeds

If Covid isn't airborne why do we wear masks and stay 2m apart ?

Manchester (she/her)

"If Covid isn't airborne why do we wear masks and stay 2m apart ?"

The original rationale is that it's spread primarily in respiratory droplets from breathing, talking, etc. Which is different from airborne. I think (not up to date) some airborne transmission has since been shown, but masks and distance covers both

Leeds

Thanks for clarification. I didn't realise the difference

Manchester (she/her)

"Thanks for clarification. I didn't realise the difference"

No worries

Birmingham

Likewise...

By *razyhappyguys04Couple  over a year ago

London.

Why would they ,, does the vaccine stop you passing or catching the virus,, ??

Manchester (she/her)

"Why would they ,, does the vaccine stop you passing or catching the virus,, ?? "

Studies are coming in showing significant reduction in transmission following vaccination.

So yes

London.

Would like to see the evidence in that , and if true that's great,, but we have been hearing different xx

"Would like to see the evidence in that , and if true that's great,, but we have been hearing different xx "

What are your sources for hearing otherwise? Thanks

London.

Well that's what everyone is saying including doctors and others ,, but would love some evidence please on the vaccine stopping me and you passing and catching the virus , if it does then thats great but do think they want this to carry on , but hey hope everyone stays safe and we can all meet one day xx

Manchester (she/her)

"Well that's what everyone is saying including doctors and others ,, but would love some evidence please on the vaccine stopping me and you passing and catching the virus , if it does then thats great but do think they want this to carry on , but hey hope everyone stays safe and we can all meet one day xx "

The initial studies were done not looking at transmission, because that's harder to test. So to avoid risk they said (and are still saying) it can't. But studies are beginning to come in to show that some jabs reduce transmission, in some cases a lot.

Example from a quick Google: www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-55913913

Which is great, but Covid isn’t airborne. Most pathogens aren’t."

"On Oct 5, 2020, the CDC updated their COVID-19 webpage to say that there is conclusive evidence that COVID-19 infection can occur from airborne exposure to the virus under certain circumstances."

Hey I'm no scientist. As I said I'm a roadie. So I'm only going on what I'm told such as the quote above I was sent. There is of course the possibility the trial might not work. But there seems to be a, shall I say, cautious optimism that it might come through. If it does great. If not then we soldier on.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In the news today, vaccination passports so you can travel abroad, could the same thing be used for clubs?

The South

"Well that's what everyone is saying including doctors and others ,, but would love some evidence please on the vaccine stopping me and you passing and catching the virus , if it does then thats great but do think they want this to carry on , but hey hope everyone stays safe and we can all meet one day xx "

1 - everyone is not saying that. A few people who have zero knowledge on the subject might be, usual Facebok and YouTube nitwits, blokes down the pub.

2 - presumably by "they" you mean the government. My question, why in the name of everything Holy would our government want this to continue? Purely in financial terms this is costing government billions.

3 - "If" our government want this to continue how do you explain why just about every country in the world (180+ countries at the last count) are all in the same boat?

E

Manchester (she/her)

The government are also not listing all symptoms of Covid. So what?

"Well that's what everyone is saying including doctors and others ,, but would love some evidence please on the vaccine stopping me and you passing and catching the virus , if it does then thats great but do think they want this to carry on , but hey hope everyone stays safe and we can all meet one day xx

1 - everyone is not saying that. A few people who have zero knowledge on the subject might be, usual Facebok and YouTube nitwits, blokes down the pub.

2 - presumably by "they" you mean the government. My question, why in the name of everything Holy would our government want this to continue? Purely in financial terms this is costing government billions.

3 - "If" our government want this to continue how do you explain why just about every country in the world (180+ countries at the last count) are all in the same boat?

E

"

Also, it's a new virus and new vaccines. They don't know yet if it stops people passing the virus on. They are doing trials and assessing data.

Chris Whitty was trying to explain this the other day and was clearly exasperated by people wanting a 'crystal ball' response but then whining that's not scientific data.

The South

"Well that's what everyone is saying including doctors and others ,, but would love some evidence please on the vaccine stopping me and you passing and catching the virus , if it does then thats great but do think they want this to carry on , but hey hope everyone stays safe and we can all meet one day xx

E

Also, it's a new virus and new vaccines. They don't know yet if it stops people passing the virus on. They are doing trials and assessing data.

Chris Whitty was trying to explain this the other day and was clearly exasperated by people wanting a 'crystal ball' response but then whining that's not scientific data. "

Yup.

As if there's a single .com site out there somewhere that answers all their questions, in a bullet point list, written and phrased in a way they'd clearly understand.

E

E

Chris Whitty was trying to explain this the other day and was clearly exasperated by people wanting a 'crystal ball' response but then whining that's not scientific data.

Yup.

As if there's a single .com site out there somewhere that answers all their questions, in a bullet point list, written and phrased in a way they'd clearly understand.

E"

CBBC

The South

E

Yup.

E

CBBC "

Lets see what's through the round window today shall we children?

E

Manchester (she/her)

I believe The Wiggles had at least one song about social distancing last year

The South

"I believe The Wiggles had at least one song about social distancing last year"

I have a dildo called Mr Wriggly.

*thread drift

E

Manchester (she/her)

"I believe The Wiggles had at least one song about social distancing last year

*thread drift

E"

I don't want to associate it with the children's band

The South

"I believe The Wiggles had at least one song about social distancing last year

*thread drift

E

I don't want to associate it with the children's band "

Ooops, my bad.

E

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Everyone should have the vaccine, and those that don’t are BLOODY FOOLS. However it is a personal choice and there are, unfortunately, some people for

whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health

issues."

What about the people who have the jab and die soon after of the virus?

Leeds

"

What about the people who have the jab and die soon after of the virus?"

The jab didn't kill them. They just didn't have time to build up antibodies before they caught the virus.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

"

What about the people who have the jab and die soon after of the virus?

The jab didn't kill them. They just didn't have time to build up antibodies before they caught the virus. "

Agreed - it takes 2-3 weeks from the jab until you start to see protection from the studies

We’ve been vaccinating in the middle of the highest peak in a pandemic - there are sadly, going to be a fair few people who catch it either just before or just after vaccination and just miss out of the protection it would’ve given them

So are the people for whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health issues BLOODY FOOLS too?

So are the people for whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health issues BLOODY FOOLS too?"

Already out of date and incorrect. The Oxford vaccination has been proven to cut transmission by about 65%.

By *antasyrealmCouple  over a year ago

Congleton

So your impression seems to be that there is no return to normal.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

I called you out 3 times now on different threads because you keep posting covid immunity doesn't last long as fact. That is NOT a FACT. Every time I call you out with facts, details, links to studies etc etc you never reply on the thread again. Instead moving to a different thread to spout more bullshit as fact. Typical lets drop a bullshit bomb and move on.

We all know your an anti vaxxer and that is your right but spreading false information as fact is not.

Nobody knows how long immunity lasts yet. All the signs and research is pointing towards it been long lasting but more evidence and studies are been done.

Immunity is far more complex than just antibodies, there are t cells and b cells to consider.

NO studies show that immunity only lasts a few months which is what you keep spouting as a fact (you have even called it a fact on many threads now). What your doing is spreading misinformation, its dangerous and wrong!

As swing said immunity has just recently been found 17 years later in SARS 1 cornovirus surivivors.

KJ

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I believe The Wiggles had at least one song about social distancing last year"

*Flashbacks to Manchester Opera House in 2007 and a very excited 4yo boy *

Manchester (she/her)

If we don't know how long immunity lasts, as you say, how can you say it's not permanent? On what basis based on what data?Because there are studies saying that it just lasts for few months so one might have to get it few times a year.

I called you out 3 times now on different threads because you keep posting covid immunity doesn't last long as fact. That is NOT a FACT. Every time I call you out with facts, details, links to studies etc etc you never reply on the thread again. Instead moving to a different thread to spout more bullshit as fact. Typical lets drop a bullshit bomb and move on.

We all know your an anti vaxxer and that is your right but spreading false information as fact is not.

Nobody knows how long immunity lasts yet. All the signs and research is pointing towards it been long lasting but more evidence and studies are been done.

Immunity is far more complex than just antibodies, there are t cells and b cells to consider.

NO studies show that immunity only lasts a few months which is what you keep spouting as a fact (you have even called it a fact on many threads now). What your doing is spreading misinformation, its dangerous and wrong!

As swing said immunity has just recently been found 17 years later in SARS 1 cornovirus surivivors.

KJ"

Yes, it is a bit tiresome. I've called him out several times too, and backed up what I've said with data. He just retreats and returns saying the same thing.

London.

Lol too many doctors and medical scientists on here ,, we all know you want to get in to a club but the only way is to get a jab , lol , stay safe good luck xx

"If Covid isn't airborne why do we wear masks and stay 2m apart ?

The original rationale is that it's spread primarily in respiratory droplets from breathing, talking, etc. Which is different from airborne. I think (not up to date) some airborne transmission has since been shown, but masks and distance covers both "

Are you sure about that? Poorly fitted masks, no thanks that doesn’t make me feel comfortable to “cover that”.

We have seen the images of spread distance from a cough.

Be careful what you tell people.

London.

Masks or face coverings ??? We are born without one born to breath the air that we need to live ,, stsy safe xx

Manchester (she/her)

The original rationale is that it's spread primarily in respiratory droplets from breathing, talking, etc. Which is different from airborne. I think (not up to date) some airborne transmission has since been shown, but masks and distance covers both

Are you sure about that? Poorly fitted masks, no thanks that doesn’t make me feel comfortable to “cover that”.

Be careful what you tell people."

Yes, I am sure, thank you. This can be easily confirmed from reputable sites.

The South

"Masks or face coverings ??? We are born without one born to breath the air that we need to live ,, stsy safe xx "

We're not born to inhale Covid 19 though are we.

E

The South

Be careful what you tell people."

How far is the spread distance if someone's wearing a mask?

E

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I've said it before I'm all for edging my bets. I would have no interest in going to a club for the foreseeable. Equally I would prefer getting on a plane with a full load of passengers that have been vaccinated. Who wouldn't?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

By the time we get to May, covid will be less impactful than the flu. I don’t know of any clubs that closed in any bad flu season. Roll on orgy time!!!

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

The government at this time have no plan to bring out any type of covid vaccination passport or card.

They were discussing it on the Andrew Marr show earlier.

They seem to be waiting to see what other countries do, if other countries require them, then they will have to look into them.

U turn could happen at any time.

Stockport

How far is the spread distance if someone's wearing a mask?

E"

There isn't such a thing as a definitive spread distance, masks or not. You have to think of it more as a cloud that dissipates with distance.

I have a memory from a couple of years ago of being sat outside a pub after an MLS and about 20 or 30 feet away (7 to 10 metres) there was a person vaping. Every time they pulled in a great lung full and blew it out, there was a great long jet that shot in our direction. The people at my table were actually coughing from it. I have no doubt that if it happened now, that person could pass covid to people 10, 15 or even 20 metres away.

On the other hand, if they had been exhaling slowly and gently, the vape would have been more a diluted cloud that spread only a metre or two in all directions. And if they had been exhaling with a mask, a lot of the vapor would be absorbed by the mask, with just part of it coming out at the sides.

If the person was vaping indoors, a single breath would travel a short distance and any big droplets in it would drift to the ground. But if the person stayed indoors, with time a cloud of vape would build up spreading out further and further. Eventually all surfaces would be covered in a film of vape droplets, and the smell of it would pervade the entire room.

So too, whether masked or not, a person carrying covid in an unventilated room will eventually be surrounded by a cloud of infectious particles that are gradually settling everywhere. In a well ventilated room it will be somewhat better as the cloud will be being blown out of the space (but bad news if you're the person next to the extractor fan, and all the covid in the room is being sucked past your head...).

So: outdoors, walking past someone in the street - a couple of seconds with closest approach a couple of metres. Pretty safe. If neither of you are wearing masks then there is a little danger if the other person happens to blow out in your direction. If you are wearing a mask, it will filter out some as you breathe in. If they are wearing a mask, it will trap a lot as they breathe out.

Outdoors standing talking to someone, a couple of metres apart. You're actually blowing vapor at each other as you talk. And you're exposed to each other for minutes instead of seconds. So could be a hundred times more dangerous than just passing in the street.

Indoors, say shopping in a supermarket. Everyone needs to wear a mask to soak up as much droplets as possible when they breathe out, to minimise how much vapor is in the air. But if there's lots if people there, and you're present for a long time, and there's no extractor fans - it's dangerous even if you keep 10 metres away from everyone.

Indoors sharing a living space or an office: if someone is infected, then you are all going to be exposed whether you wear masks or not, two metres or not. Then it's just down to how susceptible you happen to be...

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray"

I think everyone should have the vaccine.. Though clearly some do not want to which doesn't sit easy with me but there it is!

With that in mind I would say maybe clubs need to bring in testing before being let in? Given the test results can now come back in around 20minutes or so. It would be fairly easy to test the odd one or two at the door who wanted to attend a club but were not able to show proof of being vaccinated.

This might be even more convenient as turnaround times for results will I'm sure get quicker as time goes by.

Still think people should consider having the jab.. Will make it easier for everyone in the long run

"I've said it before I'm all for edging my bets. I would have no interest in going to a club for the foreseeable. Equally I would prefer getting on a plane with a full load of passengers that have been vaccinated. Who wouldn't? "

How would you know

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

I think everyone should have the vaccine.. Though clearly some do not want to which doesn't sit easy with me but there it is!

With that in mind I would say maybe clubs need to bring in testing before being let in? Given the test results can now come back in around 20minutes or so. It would be fairly easy to test the odd one or two at the door who wanted to attend a club but were not able to show proof of being vaccinated.

This might be even more convenient as turnaround times for results will I'm sure get quicker as time goes by.

Still think people should consider having the jab.. Will make it easier for everyone in the long run "

I have had my jab but you cannot force people to have the jab whatsoever.. There are many that cannot have the vaccine and yiu cannot discriminate unless you want a controlled state.

oldham

"I've said it before I'm all for edging my bets. I would have no interest in going to a club for the foreseeable. Equally I would prefer getting on a plane with a full load of passengers that have been vaccinated. Who wouldn't?

How would you know "

Depends where you are going,, but for example Greece are currently talking about nnot letting anyone in this summer if they have not been vaccinated. So to Nswer your question if I was going to Greece I would know

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Just posted this morning - government will not roll out vaccine passport as it is deemed discriminatory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55970801

Mr Zahawi had previously said that the government was "looking at the technology" to create vaccine passports, leading to accusations from critics that civil liberties would be infringed.

But speaking on the Marr show, Mr Zahawi insisted that was not the plan.

He said there were several reasons why vaccine passports would not be introduced, not least because the vaccine was not mandatory in the UK.

"That's not how we do things. We do them by consent," he said.

Mr Zahawi said vaccine passports would be "discriminatory" and it wasn't clear what impact they would have on transmission of the virus.

He said people could talk to their doctor if they needed written evidence to travel.

"Of course you have the evidence that you have been vaccinated held by your GP and if other countries require you to show proof of that evidence then that is up to those countries," he said.

oldham

"Just posted this morning - government will not roll out vaccine passport as it is deemed discriminatory.

Mr Zahawi had previously said that the government was "looking at the technology" to create vaccine passports, leading to accusations from critics that civil liberties would be infringed.

He said there were several reasons why vaccine passports would not be introduced, not least because the vaccine was not mandatory in the UK.

Mr Zahawi said vaccine passports would be "discriminatory" and it wasn't clear what impact they would have on transmission of the virus.

He said people could talk to their doctor if they needed written evidence to travel.

"Of course you have the evidence that you have been vaccinated held by your GP and if other countries require you to show proof of that evidence then that is up to those countries," he said."

They also said they can't dictate what other countries stipulate. I had first jab yesterday. I was given a card with a stamp and batch number on it. I was also told not to lose as this at some point could be a ticket to travel.

"Just posted this morning - government will not roll out vaccine passport as it is deemed discriminatory.

"Of course you have the evidence that you have been vaccinated held by your GP and if other countries require you to show proof of that evidence then that is up to those countries," he said.

They also said they can't dictate what other countries stipulate. I had first jab yesterday. I was given a card with a stamp and batch number on it. I was also told not to lose as this at some point could be a ticket to travel. "

Thats just to show you have had the first needle.

oldham

They also said they can't dictate what other countries stipulate. I had first jab yesterday. I was given a card with a stamp and batch number on it. I was also told not to lose as this at some point could be a ticket to travel.

Thats just to show you have had the first needle."

It is but there's also a section of the ticket that will get the second stamp when I go in 12 weeks. I'm only repeating what I was told

It is but there's also a section of the ticket that will get the second stamp when I go in 12 weeks. I'm only repeating what I was told "

yes and that will be it done you will then be vaccinated.

Who told you about needing it to travel?

stafford

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

Still think people should consider having the jab.. Will make it easier for everyone in the long run

I have had my jab but you cannot force people to have the jab whatsoever.. There are many that cannot have the vaccine and yiu cannot discriminate unless you want a controlled state. "

Can't we Just take it as ' read' that if someone comments about who is or isn't having the jab they already include the people who' genuinely' can't have the jab for medical reasons etc.. Not the unwilling ' just because' ones.

Would cut down a lot on the repetition in the forums maybe..

For what it's worth despite saying we can't force everyone else to have it I think we probably should.. As unpopular an opinion as it might be :/

oldham

It is but there's also a section of the ticket that will get the second stamp when I go in 12 weeks. I'm only repeating what I was told yes and that will be it done you will then be vaccinated.

Who told you about needing it to travel?"

No I said the nurse who took my details said not to lose as it Could be my ticket to freedom when travelling

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

I have had my jab but you cannot force people to have the jab whatsoever.. There are many that cannot have the vaccine and yiu cannot discriminate unless you want a controlled state.

Can't we Just take it as ' read' that if someone comments about who is or isn't having the jab they already include the people who' genuinely' can't have the jab for medical reasons etc.. Not the unwilling ' just because' ones.

For what it's worth despite saying we can't force everyone else to have it I think we probably should.. As unpopular an opinion as it might be :/ "

FORCE ?

On a mooch

They also said they can't dictate what other countries stipulate. I had first jab yesterday. I was given a card with a stamp and batch number on it. I was also told not to lose as this at some point could be a ticket to travel. "

As per the last paragraph. Whether that piece of card we are given will be enough for other countries, time will tell

On a mooch

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

For what it's worth despite saying we can't force everyone else to have it I think we probably should.. As unpopular an opinion as it might be :/ "

and also against the law. We cannot force anyone to take medication and that includes vaccines.

oldham

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

For what it's worth despite saying we can't force everyone else to have it I think we probably should.. As unpopular an opinion as it might be :/

and also against the law. We cannot force anyone to take medication and that includes vaccines. "

Absolutely.. Otherwise where does we draw the line

Yes, I am sure, thank you. This can be easily confirmed from reputable sites."

So what you are saying is you know for fact that wearing a mask covers the risk arising from airborne droplets? I cannot see how you can say that, I can see you like to believe what you read and will quote that.

Sorry you are wrong, I dont feel comfortable even with a mask, hence why the numbers are so high, you can’t tell me that in probably alot of cases people testing positive have been infected whilst wearing a mask, yes there are other means of becoming infected, surfaces etc.

My simple reasoning is poor mask fitment, thats why I said be careful what you tell people.

Manchester (she/her)

So what you are saying is you know for fact that wearing a mask covers the risk arising from airborne droplets? I cannot see how you can say that, I can see you like to believe what you read and will quote that.

Sorry you are wrong, I dont feel comfortable even with a mask, hence why the numbers are so high, you can’t tell me that in probably alot of cases people testing positive have been infected whilst wearing a mask, yes there are other means of becoming infected, surfaces etc.

My simple reasoning is poor mask fitment, thats why I said be careful what you tell people."

My understanding is that the majority of spread is from droplets. If the mouth and nose are covered, then this will reduce the spread of droplets. Even if fit is imperfect. A barrier will also reduce airborne spread.

If you're looking for perfect protection it doesn't exist. If you're looking for reasonable mitigation, masking and distancing still applies. (Along with hand and other hygiene, although fomite transmission is I believe a minority of risk)

London.

If they said you can catch covid from having sex , would you have sex ,, ?,

Manchester (she/her)

"If they said you can catch covid from having sex , would you have sex ,, ?,"

You can, because close contact.

I won't until I'm vaccinated.

Leeds

Boris caught it from shaking hands. Far less intimate than sex.

London.

So if you can catch it why have sex ?

Manchester (she/her)

"So if you can catch it why have sex ? "

Err... Because one day in the future the risk will be low enough to return to our lives.

stafford

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

FORCE ?"

Yes! But not like you think.. Sorry to disappoint you you ??

In other words if it was made mandatory is what I meant..

stafford

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

and also against the law. We cannot force anyone to take medication and that includes vaccines. "

Then I suggest we change the law and set a precedent in this case.. So it wouldn't be

On a mooch

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

and also against the law. We cannot force anyone to take medication and that includes vaccines.

Then I suggest we change the law and set a precedent in this case.. So it wouldn't be "

I don’t agree with that at all. Everyone has the right to what treatment they take and no one should be forced into anything

My simple reasoning is poor mask fitment, thats why I said be careful what you tell people.

My understanding is that the majority of spread is from droplets. If the mouth and nose are covered, then this will reduce the spread of droplets. Even if fit is imperfect. A barrier will also reduce airborne spread.

If you're looking for perfect protection it doesn't exist. If you're looking for reasonable mitigation, masking and distancing still applies. (Along with hand and other hygiene, although fomite transmission is I believe a minority of risk) "

I agree with you, especially how you worded it in that post, wasn’t having a dig, just didn’t agree with when you said mask and distance covers both.

London.

Err, so it seems that peeps will have a vaccine to just get in to a club and get back to normal, lol , that's not happening, good luck xx

Manchester (she/her)

If you're looking for perfect protection it doesn't exist. If you're looking for reasonable mitigation, masking and distancing still applies. (Along with hand and other hygiene, although fomite transmission is I believe a minority of risk)

I agree with you, especially how you worded it in that post, wasn’t having a dig, just didn’t agree with when you said mask and distance covers both. "

I think it's always about risk mitigation. I don't think anyone thinks we can completely prevent risk, but as things stand, it's the correct way to mitigate as best as we reasonably can.

Manchester (she/her)

"Err, so it seems that peeps will have a vaccine to just get in to a club and get back to normal, lol , that's not happening, good luck xx"

No. You asked if it could be caught having sex. Yes. You asked, then why have sex. I'm not until it's safe.

I'll be vaccinated because a) I believe it's my civic duty, b) this is a serious disease I don't want to catch or pass on, c) because I do work with vulnerable people, d) to help end this global catastrophe, e) because it'll likely be required for travel, f) because said travel is required if I'm to ever see my family again.

You'll notice in my first six reasons I don't use the words "sex", "swinging", or "clubs".

stafford

"Of course you have the evidence that you have been vaccinated held by your GP and if other countries require you to show proof of that evidence then that is up to those countries," he said."

I am actually quite disappointed by this.. How the hell is anyone now going to know who is safe to be sitting next to or standing next to.. Or isn't?

This plan is going to go spectacularly something in one direction or another..

Either everyone will now say stuff your rules it makes no difference.. Or people will simply stop living and enjoying themselves again because they simple can't trust anyone anymore

Shit government moves to screw it up again again frankly :/

stafford

No

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

Hazmat suits apparently

I am actually quite disappointed by this.. How the hell is anyone now going to know who is safe to be sitting next to or standing next to.. Or isn't?

Either everyone will now say stuff your rules it makes no difference.. Or people will simply stop living and enjoying themselves again because they simple can't trust anyone anymore

Shit government moves to screw it up again again frankly :/ "

What about jahovah witness they won't be taking the the meat tenderiser adding flavor to our delicious bodies , highly prised in distant sectors of the galaxy

Birmingham

Apparently JWs leave vaccines as a matter of personal conscience.

That puts some errr... ‘theories’

in context..

London.

So should someone that hides there profile be allowed in clubs?? There the ones I would not allowed in to by fair , lots of xx

Manchester (she/her)

"So should someone that hides there profile be allowed in clubs?? There the ones I would not allowed in to by fair , lots of xx"

What would be the rationale for that?

Shit government moves to screw it up again again frankly :/ "

I suppose you could suggest tattooing people so you know who has been vaccinated. That way you could be sure who you are stood next to.

London.

As we said no profile no enter our clubs ,, we don't know who you are , xx

Manchester (she/her)

"As we said no profile no enter our clubs ,, we don't know who you are , xx"

Ok fine, I don't know what that has to do with anything at all, but you do you

"As we said no profile no enter our clubs ,, we don't know who you are , xx"

Ive hidden mine atm, due to not meeting currently, i guess even when covid eventually leaves us all, if im not meeting or looking too i keep hidden.

"I've said it before I'm all for edging my bets. I would have no interest in going to a club for the foreseeable. Equally I would prefer getting on a plane with a full load of passengers that have been vaccinated. Who wouldn't?

How would you know

Depends where you are going,, but for example Greece are currently talking about nnot letting anyone in this summer if they have not been vaccinated. So to Nswer your question if I was going to Greece I would know "

So they are talking about it and are you saying that the discrimination laws won't apply to an EU country? There are a lot of people who cannot have the vaccine so no, you cannot say that

That card is for the records and absolutely nothing to do with anyone else, it is not proof and if you've been told that it's pure BS.

That card is yours sbd for the next time you get the injection.

Nobody but nobody has the right to see that other than the centre you're going to

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

Yes of course we can take it as read provided the others can and if they accept that, there'll be no reason to have threads about it. You can't close one side of the debate.

It is but there's also a section of the ticket that will get the second stamp when I go in 12 weeks. I'm only repeating what I was told yes and that will be it done you will then be vaccinated.

Who told you about needing it to travel?

No I said the nurse who took my details said not to lose as it Could be my ticket to freedom when travelling "

What a load of BS

If you're looking for perfect protection it doesn't exist. If you're looking for reasonable mitigation, masking and distancing still applies. (Along with hand and other hygiene, although fomite transmission is I believe a minority of risk) "

Yes pretty reasonable statement as long as you understand that the masks are only effective like that for about 20 minutes

Manchester (she/her)

Yes pretty reasonable statement as long as you understand that the masks are only effective like that for about 20 minutes "

What's your source for that claim, please?

"If they said you can catch covid from having sex , would you have sex ,, ?,

Boris caught it from shaking hands. Far less intimate than sex. "

There is no guarantee that is how he caught it, that's an assumption

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

FORCE ?

In other words if it was made mandatory is what I meant.. "

Which it can't be

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

Then I suggest we change the law and set a precedent in this case.. So it wouldn't be "

Ah change the law? How bad is that? This is a pandemic not a controlled state. Why stop at change the law to force medication. Tell me what you wouldn't like and we can change the law to annoy and destroy your life

Manchester (she/her)

European human rights law already gives countries wide latitude to mandate vaccination. The UK does not at this stage, but I suggest that it's premature to say one way or another what the legal landscape will look like at the end of this.

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

FORCE ?

In other words if it was made mandatory is what I meant.. "

That is a purely inflammatory post

Manchester (she/her)

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

FORCE ?

That is a purely inflammatory post "

I think you'll find it's his opinion, to which he's entitled.

Stockport

There is no guarantee that is how he caught it, that's an assumption "

Might have been the actual handshakes, might not. Pretty sure it wouldn't have helped though being within handshaking distance of a bunch of covid patients and medical staff in the hospital.

Manchester (she/her)

Might have been the actual handshakes, might not. Pretty sure it wouldn't have helped though being within handshaking distance of a bunch of covid patients and medical staff in the hospital."

I certainly don't have sex at handshake distance. I like to get up close and personal.

London.

When a profile is hidden that means they are not who they are,, so when try and give information is it real or fake , stay safe guys xx

London.

Contradiction is so on fire on here,, you have people that will have sex with others but will tell everyone if they have not had a vaccine , so proves that you will have the jab to get in to a club and get a bit of fun ,, stay safe guys xx

Manchester (she/her)

"Contradiction is so on fire on here,, you have people that will have sex with others but will tell everyone if they have not had a vaccine , so proves that you will have the jab to get in to a club and get a bit of fun ,, stay safe guys xx "

One, if you quote the person you're replying to we'll know who you're talking to

Two, I see no contradiction. At all. Whatsoever

London.

It is really hard to talk to someone if you don't know who they are ,, it is so easy to make a fake profile and sit behind the keyboard and act as if they know what is right , stay safe guys xx

Stockport

Might have been the actual handshakes, might not. Pretty sure it wouldn't have helped though being within handshaking distance of a bunch of covid patients and medical staff in the hospital.

I certainly don't have sex at handshake distance. I like to get up close and personal."

Oh dear now I've got a mental picture of bojo being up close and personal with those poor patients

Manchester (she/her)

"It is really hard to talk to someone if you don't know who they are ,, it is so easy to make a fake profile and sit behind the keyboard and act as if they know what is right , stay safe guys xx"

Who's got a fake profile?

Manchester (she/her)

I certainly don't have sex at handshake distance. I like to get up close and personal.

Oh dear now I've got a mental picture of bojo being up close and personal with those poor patients "

Polly noooo

London.

Stay safe from the fakes on here , you know who you are , its so easy to sit behind a keyboard and tap lol . We are not so just be careful guys and see the real hopefully soon xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It is really hard to talk to someone if you don't know who they are ,, it is so easy to make a fake profile and sit behind the keyboard and act as if they know what is right , stay safe guys xx"

The site has a hidden profile option, anyone can use it, it doesn't mean people are fake because of it. Maybe try and answer the post rather than attack the poster

Yes pretty reasonable statement as long as you understand that the masks are only effective like that for about 20 minutes "

I got told at a hospital induction to change if it got dirty, wet or you have touched the inside of it, im sure thats about it but might be wrong.

By *ptomsMan  over a year ago

lincoln

Ah the bbc it must be true then !!

"Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance Ray

FORCE ?

That is a purely inflammatory post

I think you'll find it's his opinion, to which he's entitled."

Yes it is but inflammatory none the less.

Of course he's entitled to his opinion and so am I or is that not agreeable with you?

Might have been the actual handshakes, might not. Pretty sure it wouldn't have helped though being within handshaking distance of a bunch of covid patients and medical staff in the hospital."

See, the would MIGHT doesn't go far does it.. He might have caught it anywhere. Just pure speculation to fit your narrative

"Contradiction is so on fire on here,, you have people that will have sex with others but will tell everyone if they have not had a vaccine , so proves that you will have the jab to get in to a club and get a bit of fun ,, stay safe guys xx "

Nothing as yet to say you have to have the jab to do anything.

Yes pretty reasonable statement as long as you understand that the masks are only effective like that for about 20 minutes

I got told at a hospital induction to change if it got dirty, wet or you have touched the inside of it, im sure thats about it but might be wrong."

I'm not doubting that but there is still a time limit of its efficacy

Clubs won’t do this - they would be better off focusing on a sexual health check than this but for privacy reasons they can’t. A club can in theory deny anyone admission but they are there to make money. Let’s face it though it’s going to be at least a year till any council gives the go ahead for a club to open.

I can’t have the vaccine, so does that me my days of going to clubs and having fun are over! I genuinely don’t think I could cope with being with being isolated from things I enjoy whilst everyone else can do as they wish because of a virus I had no part in.

Leeds

What do you mean "a virus I had no part in"

Sorry , I mean As in I didn’t create it, I didn’t expect it, I didn’t know it could happen, I didn’t know it would ever cause all the deaths and upset depression that it has. (The same for everyone) xxxx

"Clubs won’t do this - they would be better off focusing on a sexual health check than this but for privacy reasons they can’t. A club can in theory deny anyone admission but they are there to make money. Let’s face it though it’s going to be at least a year till any council gives the go ahead for a club to open."

To be fair, you're saying that as though it's wrong for a club to make money. It's a business and all businesses are there to make money otherwise they wouldn't exist.

Is there any substance behind your opinion that it'll be st least a year for the council's to give the go ahead?

Also I’ve done everything and I mean everything asked of me, Ive shielded alone with no help, I’ve missed important hospital appointments , ive driven myself crazy sitting inside these four walls, even when we were allowed out, I didn’t go out just to be on the safe side until I felt comfortable, and now, seeing this, that because I can’t have a Covid vaccine because I could die from it.,.. I shouldt be allowed to have my type of fun..., think this is the most sad I’ve felt

"I can’t have the vaccine, so does that me my days of going to clubs and having fun are over! I genuinely don’t think I could cope with being with being isolated from things I enjoy whilst everyone else can do as they wish because of a virus I had no part in."

I very much doubt it will come to that. There will be many other people who can't take vaccines. There is at least one other forum poster who can't.

They (scientists etc) are looking at treatments for people who can't take vaccines.

stafford

"Also I’ve done everything and I mean everything asked of me, Ive shielded alone with no help, I’ve missed important hospital appointments , ive driven myself crazy sitting inside these four walls, even when we were allowed out, I didn’t go out just to be on the safe side until I felt comfortable, and now, seeing this, that because I can’t have a Covid vaccine because I could die from it.,.. I shouldt be allowed to have my type of fun..., think this is the most sad I’ve felt "

I would guess its a bit like what happens to people who are allergic to penicillin. In that the scientists will be already working on an alternative vaccine so that people such as yourself will be able to take it .. so you might have to wait a little bit maybe.I am feeling like things will work out fine of course. Though no one really knows at the moment what is really going to happen with all this.

"I can’t have the vaccine, so does that me my days of going to clubs and having fun are over! I genuinely don’t think I could cope with being with being isolated from things I enjoy whilst everyone else can do as they wish because of a virus I had no part in.

I very much doubt it will come to that. There will be many other people who can't take vaccines. There is at least one other forum poster who can't.

They (scientists etc) are looking at treatments for people who can't take vaccines. "

Yes I would agree with this, the flu vaccine for example wasn't available for use to anybody he was allergic to eggs but now that is not the case.

Also hopefully enough people who can have The vaccine will so there it will offer protection to people who cannot have it.

Their is hope so don't despair just yet. X

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Everyone should have the vaccine, and those that don’t are BLOODY FOOLS. However it is a personal choice and there are, unfortunately, some people for

whom the vaccine will cause problems because of other, often unrelated, health issues."

Point 3. Where is the evidence?

So, someone who medically cannot have the vaccine because it would cause serious health issues or even death are BLOODY FOOLS if they don't have it.

Good to know exactly where you're coming from

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

So, someone who medically cannot have the vaccine because it would cause serious health issues or even death are BLOODY FOOLS if they don't have it.

Good to know exactly where you're coming from "

Without trawling through the entire thread.

Out of interest what condition would prevent you from having the vaccine?

Sorry not being sarcastic, but if it's too personal a question please feel free to ignore.

Sorry not being sarcastic, but if it's too personal a question please feel free to ignore.

"

I don't need to ignore because I have had my first vaccination but there are people who cannot and I'd never call those BLOODY FOOLS. Yes, it's a personal choice but for some, it isn't a choice for some as they cannot partake of the current vaccines available and that's no reason to call them BLOODY FOOLS.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I don't need to ignore because I have had my first vaccination but there are people who cannot and I'd never call those BLOODY FOOLS. Yes, it's a personal choice but for some, it isn't a choice for some as they cannot partake of the current vaccines available and that's no reason to call them BLOODY FOOLS. "

I never called or insinuated that they are fool.

But I would say that the amount of people who genuinely can't have it must be very small in the hundreds I would expect.

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

"Club owner here! There are so many questions that we can't give definite answers to right now and lots of repeated answers, but here we go again....

Clubs probably will not rely on vaccine alone. I know we won't anyway! We will be hoping to use a combination of vaccination, fast testing and good hygiene practices to re-open. This depends on a lot of factors and you can follow my green arrow if you want to know more, as I literally discussed this for the 50th time yesterday lol "

In the real world.. You will be told under what conditions you can reopen.. If at all.

That's how this shit show has worked from day one..

Just being realistic

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

I don't need to ignore because I have had my first vaccination but there are people who cannot and I'd never call those BLOODY FOOLS. Yes, it's a personal choice but for some, it isn't a choice for some as they cannot partake of the current vaccines available and that's no reason to call them BLOODY FOOLS. "

We have turned quite a few away sadly as they have anaphylaxis to components of the vaccine and are therefore contraindicated those that decline are perfectly entitled to do so, whatever our personal feelings

» Add a new message to this topic