FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Flights

Flights

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Original Spartan OP   Man  over a year ago

Daventry

So assuming that we all get vaccinated or at least the groups they are among at. Assume that numbers become low and lock down is eased. Again assume that other countries are in the same situation... yes I know, a lot of assumptions here!

Would you, travel to another country or wait say a year after when all those has eased?

This could be for work or pleasure.

Interested to know what would encourage you to travel abroad.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Fortunately I've got no plans abroad until August. I'm worried about both my holidays this year (postponed from 2020) I fear they'll be cancelled again.

If say in June, it was legal to travel abroad and I could comfortably afford it, I'd get on a plane, in a heart beat

I wouldn't bend/manipulate the rules/guidance/law but as soon as we can travel (outside of school term times) we would go.

Looking forward to holidays is something both my under 16's have and given the frequency they discuss it, it certainly helps them stay positive and look forward

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"So assuming that we all get vaccinated or at least the groups they are among at. Assume that numbers become low and lock down is eased. Again assume that other countries are in the same situation... yes I know, a lot of assumptions here!

Would you, travel to another country or wait say a year after when all those has eased?

"

Personally I think I would wait for other countries to get a handle on things, why bother going abroad to mess about with all of the measures how can you enjoy yourself

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"So assuming that we all get vaccinated or at least the groups they are among at. Assume that numbers become low and lock down is eased. Again assume that other countries are in the same situation... yes I know, a lot of assumptions here!

"

We normally travel across France every year (half-French here) And we have a 3 week holiday booked for Summer 21.

We are going to give it a miss again this year too. From what I can glean from locals and family so many French people are suspicious of having a vax that they feel that they won't be anywhere near the magic 85% anytime soon. Add the slow delivery of vaccines in France and . . . .

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The first place I'll be going is Australia to see my family. I'll go once they reopen their borders and I can find a clear path (no direct flights, so stop over locations) where all locations are deemed Covid safe by both the Foreign Office and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Australia).

I'm hoping for 2023.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I would happily go abroad, but I tend to go out of season to avoid crowds anyway so its a tad safer than popular beach hols

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

As soon as Iam allowed to travel I will be off to the first sunny country which accepts British tourists. I was so lucky with my timings last year; to get to Vietnam March, Turkey September and Tenerife December. Can't wait for my next holiday.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as soon as its allowed (and assuming within my budget) ill be on the first plane ... the benefit i get from a change of scenery and some sun on my skin you wont have to do anything to convince me ... to me its worth all the restriction or extra requirements put on me including tests, vaccines, masks during flights, quarantine on return, extra travel insurance and whatever else might be there by then

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

To be honest we'll be happy to get away in our campervan in the UK this year. Still too wary to consider overseas travel. I'm not sure us Brits will be welcome in many overseas countries for a while

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

I went abroad in October so would definitely still would after being vaccinated

"To be honest we'll be happy to get away in our campervan in the UK this year. Still too wary to consider overseas travel. I'm not sure us Brits will be welcome in many overseas countries for a while"

im on a number of forums for holiday destinations and i can assure you they are dying to have us back and get their towns and businesses back to life

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"To be honest we'll be happy to get away in our campervan in the UK this year. Still too wary to consider overseas travel. I'm not sure us Brits will be welcome in many overseas countries for a while"

This isn't true at all - really it isn't. I speak with locals and family in the south of France almost weekly and have asked that question more than a few times. Most hadn't even heard what has been reported in the UK and those that have realise that the virus can mutate anytime and anywhere. So far 4000 mutations. Does that mean nobody is going any place on the planet? Nope.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Uk is forging ahead wth vaccinations ... which protect but don’t stop you catching the virus... other countries are not doing so well. Perhaps don’t go to other countries for now?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I would travel selectively, including from those who may accept me and travellers starting from the UK.

I'm guessing it's going to be at the end of the summer

We have a holiday booked to Spain in mid June which was originally booked before the pandemic and then postponed.

We are hoping it is going to go ahead but we will wait till closer to the time and see what the travel advice is and what restrictions are in place and check the risk.

I went abroad before this lockdown. Quarantined for the required time, negative PCR test before travel. I'll go again as soon as I can.

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

We've got an appointment to see the giant mouse at the end of August, if we're allowed to travel and the restriction on return are minimal we're jetting off.

The states seem to be keen to press on with vaccinations too so hopefully there will be some form of mutual travel agreement in place.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

i will have to go to europe at some point to finalise some stuff before the touring arts industry begins. i will sail there though so no crowded airports etc. at some point the new eu employees will come to replace the british employees that we were forced to lay off, so we intend to help them in any way necessary with their covid safe travel arangements. but that is some way off i think.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Waiting until next year, to see how the rest of the world deals with things. Then take a view then.

I don't like the idea of being fortunate to have been vaccinated and going to a country where the natives are not, which may result in other's harm or death.

Columbus/Europeans brought sickness to the New World. I have no intention of doing the same, for the sake of a holiday.

I am lucky to have friends with a private jet so that's the only way I went for 3 days to Dubai plus in Dubai I was able to get a vaccination

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

The quickest way to get us back to square one.... This is part of the problem as to why we are where we are now

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I would be happy to travel to another country whenever.

With the right checks and precautions in place I don't see the issue.

Manchester (she/her)

"The quickest way to get us back to square one.... This is part of the problem as to why we are where we are now "

What, vaccinated people travelling? Why?

Leeds

"in Dubai I was able to get a vaccination "

Did you pay for it ?

"Waiting until next year, to see how the rest of the world deals with things. Then take a view then.

I don't like the idea of being fortunate to have been vaccinated and going to a country where the natives are not, which may result in other's harm or death.

Columbus/Europeans brought sickness to the New World. I have no intention of doing the same, for the sake of a holiday."

by the same logic will you be staying home until we have achieved herd immunity in the uk?

Once i have been fully vaccinated i will return to as normal a life as i’m allowed to as soon as possible and that includes flying.

Leeds

"

by the same logic will you be staying home until we have achieved herd immunity in the uk? "

Even if you stay at home you are still putting other people at risk. Having your groceries delivered, the people who keep your gas, electricity, water, broadband etc working

"

by the same logic will you be staying home until we have achieved herd immunity in the uk?

Even if you stay at home you are still putting other people at risk. Having your groceries delivered, the people who keep your gas, electricity, water, broadband etc working"

yeah i agree , as long as you abide by the rules of the country which will likely still be masks and distancing then you don’t pose additional risk beyond their own residents

I’ve booked an apartment near estapona on October. I’ll wait a bit longer before I book flights.

Leeds

"

as long as you abide by the rules of the country which will likely still be masks and distancing then you don’t pose additional risk beyond their own residents "

Exactly. And some places 90% of their income is tourism so they need us to come back

Manchester (she/her)

"

Even if you stay at home you are still putting other people at risk. Having your groceries delivered, the people who keep your gas, electricity, water, broadband etc working"

I only go out to get groceries in (in the hope the slot I would have used goes to someone medically vulnerable). It's the least risk I can be to others.

I recognise risk taking will need to return, but for me that won't be any time soon.

My work requires me to travel, I haven't stopped travelling all the way through

"

Even if you stay at home you are still putting other people at risk. Having your groceries delivered, the people who keep your gas, electricity, water, broadband etc working

I only go out to get groceries in (in the hope the slot I would have used goes to someone medically vulnerable). It's the least risk I can be to others.

I recognise risk taking will need to return, but for me that won't be any time soon."

im all for doing my bit and staying home when we are asked to but its been miserable and really hard so i wont be doing it voluntarily once the restrictions are relaxed

in the next phase i will do my bit by getting my vaccine , wear my mask , keep my distance ... but once im told its safe enough to get back out to life there will be no stopping me

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I will wait until i think everything is safe, then wait again for others to do it first so that i can see if it really is safe. Then i might consider starting to think about travel.

I'm sort of feeling that by the time I'm ready to travel, it's going to have become prohibitively expensive to travel.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'd be waiting another year should be long enough to be certain other countries have caught up with people getting vaccinated but might be those who are against from getting vaccinated as well so would it be safe at all hmmm nope

Manchester (she/her)

"

I recognise risk taking will need to return, but for me that won't be any time soon.

im all for doing my bit and staying home when we are asked to but its been miserable and really hard so i wont be doing it voluntarily once the restrictions are relaxed

in the next phase i will do my bit by getting my vaccine , wear my mask , keep my distance ... but once im told its safe enough to get back out to life there will be no stopping me "

I empathise with that position. It has been bloody hard.

"I will wait until i think everything is safe, then wait again for others to do it first so that i can see if it really is safe. Then i might consider starting to think about travel.

I'm sort of feeling that by the time I'm ready to travel, it's going to have become prohibitively expensive to travel."

i think it might be prohibitively expensive as soon as we are even allowed to fly again the holiday industry have alot of money to make back and after a long lockdown and if we get high uptake of the vaccine, they know they there will be plenty of families wanting to get away that will fill the seats

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

I'd be off to Sicily tmw If the travel restrictions were lifted

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Will be going to somewhere hot as soon as we are allowed can’t wait

Leeds

"

i think it might be prohibitively expensive as soon as we are even allowed to fly again the holiday industry have alot of money to make back and after a long lockdown and if we get high uptake of the vaccine, they know they there will be plenty of families wanting to get away that will fill the seats "

If it is prohibitively expensive I think it is more likely to be singles and couples travelling rather than families, especially with £120 per test to add on too.

"in Dubai I was able to get a vaccination

Did you pay for it ?"

You can buy anything in Dubai and if we all who can afford to do that we would save the NHS alot that can be spent on those who cant

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"Fortunately I've got no plans abroad until August. I'm worried about both my holidays this year (postponed from 2020) I fear they'll be cancelled again.

If say in June, it was legal to travel abroad and I could comfortably afford it, I'd get on a plane, in a heart beat

I wouldn't bend/manipulate the rules/guidance/law but as soon as we can travel (outside of school term times) we would go.

Looking forward to holidays is something both my under 16's have and given the frequency they discuss it, it certainly helps them stay positive and look forward "

I rebooked my mexico trip from last april to this april, but lools like itll be next year now

Leeds

How much was it and which type ? Will you get your second free here on the NHS or go back to Dubai ?

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

We have trips booked for april and august . Have already accepted april is off just waiting for it to be cancelled by jet2. But defo hoping for august trip as postponed from last year

I'm off to France asap after:

1 My vaccination

2 France opens border

3 Ferries start passenger sailings again.

All above considered I'm hoping for August, it'll be 12 months since my last visit to my place I'm renovating by then. Can't wait to go!!

Leeds

"I'm off to France asap after:

1 My vaccination

"

One vaccination or both ?

1 My vaccination

One vaccination or both ?"

Both

Leeds

1 My vaccination

Both "

Leeds are doing 60 - 65 today so hopefully you will get both soon

1 My vaccination

Both

Leeds are doing 60 - 65 today so hopefully you will get both soon"

Yep I'm hoping the first one will be soon, then given 12 weeks gap to the second I should be clear for August

"How much was it and which type ? Will you get your second free here on the NHS or go back to Dubai ?"

I will be back to Dubai so probably back there and pay again.

Leeds

"

I will be back to Dubai so probably back there and pay again."

Just out of interest, how much does it cost ?

"

Just out of interest, how much does it cost ?"

I was lucky that my hosts had paid for our group so it would have been rude to ask. I often get gifts from my them for attending the racing so this was one they gave to us all to ensure we could come back soon.

"

Just out of interest, how much does it cost ?

I was lucky that my hosts had paid for our group so it would have been rude to ask. I often get gifts from my them for attending the racing so this was one they gave to us all to ensure we could come back soon. "

Just to add I would expect to pay for my second injection if it was outside the UK as I wouldn't expect another country to pay my medical expenses like wise I don't think people should come to the UK to abuse the generosity of our NHS

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 06/02/21 20:43:24]

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Meant to be in Vegas and Florida in March for the racing,.. cancelled... get be back ASAP! Soon as it’s safe

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire & Vera Playa,Spain.

We still have our 3 wks booked at Vera Playa, Spain in Aug/Sept which was rolled over from last year. However we are doubtful it will take place.

If by any chance it is safer & we can go we intend adding a couple of days on either end & driving down instead of flying!

But for now it looks like the Costa del Leeds back garden again in waterproofs, woollies & wellies

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire & Vera Playa,Spain.

1 My vaccination

Both

Leeds are doing 60 - 65 today so hopefully you will get both soon"

That is if you are lucky. I am 70 and they are only just getting round to my first jab thurs next week. J not expecting hers till around April!

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"

2022 for me at the earliest and that's if things calm down.. Unfortunately there are still going to be people now who are breaking rules and refusing this and that.. So hopping in a plane with them wouldn't be anything I'd be wanting to do for a while..

As soon as we can be vaccinated, and they start allowing flights again. We're getting the fuck back home frankly. To the sunshine. Would rather be locked down there than here.

J

» Add a new message to this topic