FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Demographics

Demographics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

There are some clever folks in here... It seemed to me that the southern hemisphere is in a much better position re virus than the northern hemisphere. Which set me wondering why? So I looked up the demography of the world's population. 90 percent is in the northern hemisphere 10 percent is in the southern hemisphere. I was it aware of that but it gives them a massive advantage does it not?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Fewer people, with lower population density could be an advantage. Though other factors are also important. Potential vitamin D levels could hold sway, based on the timing of potential infections and whether people are deficient. Lifestyle, overall health or health problems, activity and exercise/fitness levels as well as diet, which is connected to those and prosperity. Government strategies are key too. Certainly ethnicity in the northern hemisphere has been linked to worse outcomes, with some of this due to poverty, living conditions and employment status.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It arrived in the north at the end of winter, when we were potentially least healthy, compared to late summer in the south.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Population density, level of international travel, ethnic mix, obesity and fitness levels and diabetes are probably important issues,

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 08/02/21 18:20:57]

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

One of the biggest factors has to be that Europe in particular has an older population by far. The average age in Europe is more than double of that in Africa. It is also about 25% above South America, Australia and Asia.

Tin town

"Population density, level of international travel, ethnic mix, obesity and fitness levels and diabetes are probably important issues, "

I'm sure those and many others besides have an impact. I just had no idea how disparate the populations of North and south hemispheres were....

0.7 billion v 6.7 billion...how the fxxx did that happen.!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Much more land mass in the northern hemisphere so stands to reason to me

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Probably because it's their summer now. Our cases went right down last summer.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Brazil is bucking the trend. Just being in the Southern Hemisphere isn't enough in itself. Seems it still takes good governance. All the factors mentioned will add up to a positive effect though I would imagine.

NZ and Australia effectively cut themselves off from the Northern Hemisphere, wise choice it seems, only citizens allowed to return.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"There are some clever folks in here... It seemed to me that the southern hemisphere is in a much better position re virus than the northern hemisphere. Which set me wondering why? So I looked up the demography of the world's population. 90 percent is in the northern hemisphere 10 percent is in the southern hemisphere. I was it aware of that but it gives them a massive advantage does it not? "
Very true

» Add a new message to this topic