FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dutch Curfew

Dutch Curfew

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ealthy_and_Hung OP   Man  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the courts have told the dutch caretaker government to end the curfew forthwith. it appears that it's not just the UK government who frequently get schooled by the courts on the subjects of the constitution and civil liberties.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I genuinely don't understand the idea of curfews for virus control.

If the pubs and restaurants are closed anyway and there is lockdown in place why is there a need for a curfew?

If people are going to break the rules they are going to break them regardless of the time of day.

bear in mind that the curfew was introduced by a government that was disintergrating and trying to keep power. it collapsed a couple of weeks ago amid a scandal where tens of thousands of people were falsely accused of benefit fraud and convicted on false information, lost their houses, their jobs, children put in care, have been placed in debt and bankrupted etc.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"the courts have told the dutch caretaker government to end the curfew forthwith. it appears that it's not just the UK government who frequently get schooled by the courts on the subjects of the constitution and civil liberties. "

When did we get a constitution?

Tin town

"bear in mind that the curfew was introduced by a government that was disintergrating and trying to keep power. it collapsed a couple of weeks ago amid a scandal where tens of thousands of people were falsely accused of benefit fraud and convicted on false information, lost their houses, their jobs, children put in care, have been placed in debt and bankrupted etc."

That is a completely different matter to curfew which has been implemented multiple times in many countries.

"That is a completely different matter"

it's clearly not when the government collapsed and their curfew is judgeed to be illegal. desperate governments do desperate things in desperation.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"the courts have told the dutch caretaker government to end the curfew forthwith. it appears that it's not just the UK government who frequently get schooled by the courts on the subjects of the constitution and civil liberties.

When did we get a constitution? "

The UK has an uncodified constitution.

The mashing it up with civil liberties stuff indicates to me that people are thinking of the US constitution.

Manchester (she/her)

"That is a completely different matter

it's clearly not when the government collapsed and their curfew is judgeed to be illegal. desperate governments do desperate things in desperation."

So the inner workings of Dutch law and politics have implications on curfews everywhere because... why?

Tin town

it's clearly not when the government collapsed and their curfew is judgeed to be illegal. desperate governments do desperate things in desperation.

So the inner workings of Dutch law and politics have implications on curfews everywhere because... why?"

I think the implication seems to be that all curfews everywhere are corrupt and illegal and lead to the collapse of government? Or perhaps not.. Elucidate op

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"the courts have told the dutch caretaker government to end the curfew forthwith. it appears that it's not just the UK government who frequently get schooled by the courts on the subjects of the constitution and civil liberties.

The mashing it up with civil liberties stuff indicates to me that people are thinking of the US constitution."

Quite interesting reading the history of the Australian Constitution...

Manchester (she/her)

So the inner workings of Dutch law and politics have implications on curfews everywhere because... why?

I think the implication seems to be that all curfews everywhere are corrupt and illegal and lead to the collapse of government? Or perhaps not.. Elucidate op"

Yeah that's what I think too.

Australian law says you must vote in pencil. Therefore voting in pen or with a machine is bad everywhere. (Or maybe that's... just Australian law )

Manchester (she/her)

The mashing it up with civil liberties stuff indicates to me that people are thinking of the US constitution.

Quite interesting reading the history of the Australian Constitution..."

Sure is.

here

Sure is. "

Referendum to make changes and require a double majority.

Manchester (she/her)

Sure is.

"

Indeed. I'm familiar, being Australian. Unsure what it has to do with the topic at hand.

here

Sure is.

Indeed. I'm familiar, being Australian. Unsure what it has to do with the topic at hand."

I read your contribution to this thread about a constitution, I know you are Australian, which piqued my curiosity enough to look up the Australian Constitution

I think the implication seems to be that all curfews everywhere are corrupt and illegal and lead to the collapse of government? Or perhaps not.. Elucidate op"

no. just the dutch one. why would any sensible person think that this equates to other countries. bizzarre.

and just for the record i am ambivalent about the matter.

Manchester (she/her)

Sure is.

Indeed. I'm familiar, being Australian. Unsure what it has to do with the topic at hand.

I read your contribution to this thread about a constitution, I know you are Australian, which piqued my curiosity enough to look up the Australian Constitution

"

Fair enough! It's definitely interesting. Oddly, despite the importance of referenda in Australia, I've voted on two in the UK and none in Australia.

here

Sure is.

Fair enough! It's definitely interesting. Oddly, despite the importance of referenda in Australia, I've voted on two in the UK and none in Australia."

so this can either mean you were not born or too young when the last Australian referendum took place in 1977 or you are old and have been here in the Uk for a very long time

Interesting you mention 2 referenda - can I deduce from this that you didn't just move to the Uk, but to one specific nation of the Uk ?

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I find it interesting to compare Myanmar's public order restrictions during a military coup with the UK restrictions, not a lot to chose between them. Although you can probably enjoy yourself more in Myanmar.

Manchester (she/her)

Sure is.

Fair enough! It's definitely interesting. Oddly, despite the importance of referenda in Australia, I've voted on two in the UK and none in Australia.

so this can either mean you were not born or too young when the last Australian referendum took place in 1977 or you are old and have been here in the Uk for a very long time

Interesting you mention 2 referenda - can I deduce from this that you didn't just move to the Uk, but to one specific nation of the Uk ? "

Last referendum was 1999. I was thirteen and took a keen interest but wasn't able to vote.

I've lived in Manchester for over ten years. AV and Brexit.

here

Sure is.

Interesting you mention 2 referenda - can I deduce from this that you didn't just move to the Uk, but to one specific nation of the Uk ?

Last referendum was 1999. I was thirteen and took a keen interest but wasn't able to vote.

I've lived in Manchester for over ten years. AV and Brexit."

Ah, mis-read the info, 1977 was the last one that was approved and changes were made.

How could I have forgotten about the 2011 AV referendum lol

Manchester (she/her)

Sure is.

I've lived in Manchester for over ten years. AV and Brexit.

Ah, mis-read the info, 1977 was the last one that was approved and changes were made.

How could I have forgotten about the 2011 AV referendum lol "

Lol

It was my first referendum, and they're important in Australia Why I remember

Tin town

"I find it interesting to compare Myanmar's public order restrictions during a military coup with the UK restrictions, not a lot to chose between them. Although you can probably enjoy yourself more in Myanmar."

Yes I'm sure Myanmar is lovely this time of year. And yes I agree we need restrictions to manage our way out of a deadly pandemic. No problem with any of that

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"the courts have told the dutch caretaker government to end the curfew forthwith. it appears that it's not just the UK government who frequently get schooled by the courts on the subjects of the constitution and civil liberties. "
The courts are a discrace,will the judges put themeselves in prison for encouraging man slaughter?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I find it interesting to compare Myanmar's public order restrictions during a military coup with the UK restrictions, not a lot to chose between them. Although you can probably enjoy yourself more in Myanmar."

Don't go there. I'm currently trying to support students who are there, who are frightened, who are being targeted because they're studying with a Western university, because they speak English. People are being abducted at night time, shot in the street etc. The curfews in Europe for Covid are absolutely nothing like the situation in Myanmar. In Europe, you break curfew and you get a fine and a ticket. In Myanmar, you get thrown into prison without charge or shot.

Can we stop comparing chalk with cheese?

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

"I find it interesting to compare Myanmar's public order restrictions during a military coup with the UK restrictions, not a lot to chose between them. Although you can probably enjoy yourself more in Myanmar.

Don't go there. I'm currently trying to support students who are there, who are frightened, who are being targeted because they're studying with a Western university, because they speak English. People are being abducted at night time, shot in the street etc. The curfews in Europe for Covid are absolutely nothing like the situation in Myanmar. In Europe, you break curfew and you get a fine and a ticket. In Myanmar, you get thrown into prison without charge or shot.

Can we stop comparing chalk with cheese?"

Interesting covid stats ... less then 3200 deaths

North West

"I find it interesting to compare Myanmar's public order restrictions during a military coup with the UK restrictions, not a lot to chose between them. Although you can probably enjoy yourself more in Myanmar.

Interesting covid stats ... less then 3200 deaths "

In Myanmar? How is that relevant to the military curfew, imposed during a coup? The Myanmar curfew is not Covid related, it's dictatorship related. There was no curfew before the coup last week (and no shootings or night night time arrests).

in the sticks

In Myanmar? How is that relevant to the military curfew, imposed during a coup? The Myanmar curfew is not Covid related, it's dictatorship related. There was no curfew before the coup last week (and no shootings or night night time arrests).

"

Never said the coup was covid related, just the stats of the country, will the carnage make a difference to the figures ...

North West

Never said the coup was covid related, just the stats of the country, will the carnage make a difference to the figures ..."

The carnage will make a difference to the number of innocent people imprisoned or dead, certainly and will remove the liberty of million's of people, who are now subject to a new "cyber security" law. Covid and its impact has bugger all to do with Myanmar's problems right now. Protestors are wearing masks but I think their long term liberty is more important to them.

Tin town

Never said the coup was covid related, just the stats of the country, will the carnage make a difference to the figures ...

The carnage will make a difference to the number of innocent people imprisoned or dead, certainly and will remove the liberty of million's of people, who are now subject to a new "cyber security" law. Covid and its impact has bugger all to do with Myanmar's problems right now. Protestors are wearing masks but I think their long term liberty is more important to them."

This was the quote that introduced Myanmar into the same thread as covid curfews...

in the sticks

The carnage will make a difference to the number of innocent people imprisoned or dead, certainly and will remove the liberty of million's of people, who are now subject to a new "cyber security" law. Covid and its impact has bugger all to do with Myanmar's problems right now. Protestors are wearing masks but I think their long term liberty is more important to them."

Hence the problem around the world, liberty or figures ... its why this era in time will be judged in the future and the verdict will be a bit different then presently

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"the courts have told the dutch caretaker government to end the curfew forthwith. it appears that it's not just the UK government who frequently get schooled by the courts on the subjects of the constitution and civil liberties. The courts are a discrace,will the judges put themeselves in prison for encouraging man slaughter?"

You need to check you use of language...manslaughter! really!

you cannot possibly believe a curfew would stop a virus...a virus for one does not care about time of day or night, it does not even care who it infects....here the thing bout viruses they ain't telling ya...a viruses purpose isn't to kill...that is its self to the virus is a no win game....its host dies and so does the virus...bit counter productive, its intention is to spread yes and for 99% of people it is not fatal.

I'll flip the stats for you as well and show you the positive off what they have fear mongered you with (and they have when your calling someone out for murder & manslaughter for simply being a living being that other living beings might like to jump onboard and take a ride for a while)

survival from covid is 97% of positive tests.

death rate 3% and largely in those with compromised immune systems associated with old age & natural body shut down. (I know its someone's relative and it hurts, however this is the nature of life, we don't live forever)

Only 1% of scotland have ever tested positive for covid.

0.13% of the UK population have died since march 2020 until now of covid

I'd say those stats are pretty damn good.

Now if you want to ramp on about the NHS go look to the government because it is them who have underfunded and diminished it so that it can no longer cope with rising population demands and have done for the past decade!

every winter the hospitals have been overwhelmed and nowt done to fix it. staffing hit by brexit (lots of euro nurses/docs/carers went home), been warned for over a decade of pandemics yet there is no specialized quarantine hospital anywhere that has separate everything to the gen pop hospital, there was an extensive pandemic handling report done & wasn't followed, Nikki is using all this as political clout over Boris in a hope of a indy ref 2 (her hospital has twice been subjected to inquiries regarding both water and ventilation issues that caused death...biggest hospital in Scotland though so guess where alot of them are going)

do you really need me to go on....stop calling people murders and manslaughter when we are not criminals by being human or even for passing on an unseen (unknown to host) virus....you keep up with your view and you might as well just go into a prison and spend the rest your days there.

and don't get on at me bout folk not being able to see family or having them die & cant see them....most of mine are on other side of Atlantic..I don't get to see them outside of a pandemic and could never get there in time to say goodbye...its that midnight phone call/next plane out for funeral that is normal in our lives...even that we can't do now.

North West

I'm aware how Myanmar came to be involved in the thread, yes. I'm still saying you can't compare a military coup-enforced curfew, involving abduction and shooting, with a curfew for public health measures, enforced by fines and a ticket.

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

"I genuinely don't understand the idea of curfews for virus control.

If the pubs and restaurants are closed anyway and there is lockdown in place why is there a need for a curfew?

If people are going to break the rules they are going to break them regardless of the time of day."

The curfew is stop young ppl drinking and mixing on the streets and parks etc

North West

The carnage will make a difference to the number of innocent people imprisoned or dead, certainly and will remove the liberty of million's of people, who are now subject to a new "cyber security" law. Covid and its impact has bugger all to do with Myanmar's problems right now. Protestors are wearing masks but I think their long term liberty is more important to them.

Hence the problem around the world, liberty or figures ... its why this era in time will be judged in the future and the verdict will be a bit different then presently "

The carnage I referred to was specifically that in Myanmar currently. Nothing Covid related.

glasgow

If people are going to break the rules they are going to break them regardless of the time of day.

The curfew is stop young ppl drinking and mixing on the streets and parks etc "

do you remeber being a kid & sneaking out or even into places you weren't meant to be? kids will do it anyway, curfew or not because the value the freedoms and don't take it for granted like we adults do.

you know since a lot of parents used 'stay in your room' as a punishment.

Manchester (she/her)

do you remeber being a kid & sneaking out or even into places you weren't meant to be? kids will do it anyway, curfew or not because the value the freedoms and don't take it for granted like we adults do.

you know since a lot of parents used 'stay in your room' as a punishment."

And curfews make that illegal, and easier to enforce because no one should be out. Entirely appropriate during a pandemic.

glasgow

And curfews make that illegal, and easier to enforce because no one should be out. Entirely appropriate during a pandemic."

NO because a virus knows no night or day so there lies absolutely no logic in a curfew whatsoever other than to control masses & make them frightened to be around other humans by means of bombarding the idiot box by telling them they are a murderer if they seek out other humans....think more about divide & concur.

the less freedoms people have the easier they are to control and the easiest way to control is by fear........that is where the myanmar reference came into it.

fear is the basis of every control situation.

yes covid is real but not as deadly to mass pop as they make out....even the way stats are told is out of context to the size of pop and done in such a way that invokes fear.

you only need to look at the lack of kids in the streets playing before/after the Madeline Mccann story to find how the media done that, despite the reality of the situation being exceptionally rare...it frighten parents so much they wouldn't let their kids out.

Manchester (she/her)

And curfews make that illegal, and easier to enforce because no one should be out. Entirely appropriate during a pandemic.

NO because a virus knows no night or day so there lies absolutely no logic in a curfew whatsoever other than to control masses & make them frightened to be around other humans by means of bombarding the idiot box by telling them they are a murderer if they seek out other humans....think more about divide & concur.

the less freedoms people have the easier they are to control and the easiest way to control is by fear........that is where the myanmar reference came into it.

yes covid is real but not as deadly to mass pop as they make out....even the way stats are told is out of context to the size of pop and done in such a way that invokes fear.

you only need to look at the lack of kids in the streets playing before/after the Madeline Mccann story to find how the media done that, despite the reality of the situation being exceptionally rare...it frighten parents so much they wouldn't let their kids out. "

... So reduced opportunity to share germs won't slow the spread of a virus?

... Ok. If you say so.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Can we stop comparing chalk with cheese?"

glasgow

you only need to look at the lack of kids in the streets playing before/after the Madeline Mccann story to find how the media done that, despite the reality of the situation being exceptionally rare...it frighten parents so much they wouldn't let their kids out.

... So reduced opportunity to share germs won't slow the spread of a virus?

... Ok. If you say so."

not by a curfew no....as detailed above if you actually read it & thought bout it.....viruses don't see day and night a curfew stops nothing especially when most folk are in bed....you need wider thought patterns than just a virus focused on...

much experience with viruses or how they move? I've plenty being a mum and a country lass....viruses can be every day occurrences to me and the management/isolation etc of them, just part & parcel along with death cos that's nature & that's life.

97% survival is not 1% survival or even 50% There's a stark difference. This isn't like the aid's pandemic of the 80's where everyone who got it died until they found a management for it, even then forced isolation was illegal and so was forced testing...really want to reverse that cos if you push for tos kind of things it will make all of them legal & so much more....don't ever give away freedoms lightly....you of all people i would of thought should know that.

» Add a new message to this topic