FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Treatment of children

Treatment of children

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I've watched and participated in many thread in here this last year and always been surprised by the level of finger pointing that happens to our children and uni students. And whilst I personally feel the treatment and neglect of our children has been a national disgrace there is no good looking back. I was a little encouraged to see the tagine and story in the BBC from the children's commissioner as follows... However with so much rebuilding to be done post covid I am not confident that money and initiatives will be found. Not least as I was completely unaware we have a children's commissioner, much less the incumbents name... And I'm not sure... But not convinced she sits in cabinet meetings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-56092579

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I hope that organisations can & will step up to bring activity to the youth during the summer. I messaged some folk still working in my former employers about getting activities planned starting now. None of my business I know because I left, but this is what they did pre pandemic & planning was shoddy at best, I know that most staff are wfh & not doing what they want to do or do best...& they have time on their hands so I thought when if not now will there be a better time? I got a kinda shrug & a no one has mentioned it reply...which is what I got when I began planning my summer activities as soon as we returned from Christmas break....

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"I hope that organisations can & will step up to bring activity to the youth during the summer. I messaged some folk still working in my former employers about getting activities planned starting now. None of my business I know because I left, but this is what they did pre pandemic & planning was shoddy at best, I know that most staff are wfh & not doing what they want to do or do best...& they have time on their hands so I thought when if not now will there be a better time? I got a kinda shrug & a no one has mentioned it reply...which is what I got when I began planning my summer activities as soon as we returned from Christmas break...."

Aww bless you for trying

It's definitely been tough on the youngster's... for all the slating they've had, I do actually think school age kids have behaved amazingly well through all of this

I hope things get better for them soon

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I really feel for kids and their parents. This last year has been horrendous for them. I've said this so many times lately- 'so glad we're older and don't have school age kids to worry about'

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Children's commissioner has been around since the children's right came about in 1989, there is one in each of the four nations and they work to support children's rights and have very good online support for children and young people.

Your right though more needs to be done to adovacate this service that people are not always aware of. But if your Google it there is a website with lots of information and resources

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I really feel for kids and their parents. This last year has been horrendous for them. I've said this so many times lately- 'so glad we're older and don't have school age kids to worry about'"
Young kids will be fine but older teenagers are a big problem for parents I think

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I think the lack of engagement with this thread is telling enough, unfortunately

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"However with so much rebuilding to be done post covid I am not confident that money and initiatives will be found"

I know what you mean but if I believed that I don't think I could could look my little people in the eye ever again

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I think the lack of engagement with this thread is telling enough, unfortunately "

Maybe, but maybe it’s because every child is different so needs will be different going forwards hence the lack of comments rather than making sweeping statements as we’ve seen before.

It will be interesting to see what they do come up with in the future. In our house all my lad wants to know is when is it his turn to have a vaccine so the kids can get on with their lives outside of school.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

My kids have missed pretty much an entire school year, my oldest is going to secondary school in September and I'm really anxious about how she'll struggle, she had to have boosters as it was for the three months she was back

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

How did kids go on between 1939 and 1945 .. just saying .. it’s not all out of a txt book ..

Tin town

"How did kids go on between 1939 and 1945 .. just saying .. it’s not all out of a txt book .. "

What's your point?

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

People had to self school and the vast majority of the partners were over seas ... so how did they cope for 5 years, not 12 months

North West

"How did kids go on between 1939 and 1945 .. just saying .. it’s not all out of a txt book .. "

They went to school. In school buildings. With blackboards and chalk.

I'd ask my Grandad about his experience of online education in the 1940s, but sadly he's passed on now.

I spoke to one of his good friends yesterday who said to me "this is much worse than the War for those at home". That was the view of a man in his late 80s.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"People had to self school and the vast majority of the partners were over seas ... so how did they cope for 5 years, not 12 months "

It was a very different world then, even with a limited education you knew you could probably get a job in a manufacturing industry or similar work in the countryside. Now the emphasis is on pieces of paper to get through the door, rather than on the job experience you got by being given an opportunity. Therefore education needs and requirements are very different

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"People had to self school and the vast majority of the partners were over seas ... so how did they cope for 5 years, not 12 months "

They were together, not forced apart.

I can't comment on children as I don't have any, but I know several people who can speak to being children during WW2, and they say this is worse.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

As I remember as a child their were loads of privileges and activities for children all these need to be brought back used to be loads of youth centers and the government needs to for summer plans this also helps children learn more in a fun way and enjoy

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

My mum went to school during WW2.

She did she say she spent a fair bit of time in the corridors.

North West

"People had to self school and the vast majority of the partners were over seas ... so how did they cope for 5 years, not 12 months

My mum went to school during WW2.

She did she say she spent a fair bit of time in the corridors."

My Grandad was supposed to go to school during WW2 but he played hookey instead and went scrumping apples. The lack of education/qualifications didn't hold him back but he was always keen for us to do well because he knew things were different nowadays.

Tin town

"I hope that organisations can & will step up to bring activity to the youth during the summer. I messaged some folk still working in my former employers about getting activities planned starting now. None of my business I know because I left, but this is what they did pre pandemic & planning was shoddy at best, I know that most staff are wfh & not doing what they want to do or do best...& they have time on their hands so I thought when if not now will there be a better time? I got a kinda shrug & a no one has mentioned it reply...which is what I got when I began planning my summer activities as soon as we returned from Christmas break....

Aww bless you for trying

It's definitely been tough on the youngster's... for all the slating they've had, I do actually think school age kids have behaved amazingly well through all of this

I hope things get better for them soon"

Like you in the main I think school and uni students have been exemplary given that in terms of health risks to them it is very very small and everything they have done is for the benefit of others. There have been a few twats admittedly but they have been picked on and bullied by many as they are a soft target. It's shameful.

Tin town

"Children's commissioner has been around since the children's right came about in 1989, there is one in each of the four nations and they work to support children's rights and have very good online support for children and young people.

Your right though more needs to be done to adovacate this service that people are not always aware of. But if your Google it there is a website with lots of information and resources "

As an informed and intelligent parent I was not aware of this and nor are my kids. So yes I'd say a lot more needs to be done to make people aware of whatever service they may provide.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, children went to school. Both my parents were primary school age during the war and school carried on as normal (albeit in a different county when my dad was an evacuee).

Tin town

"People had to self school and the vast majority of the partners were over seas ... so how did they cope for 5 years, not 12 months

No, children went to school. Both my parents were primary school age during the war and school carried on as normal (albeit in a different county when my dad was an evacuee)."

And the community was close and encouraged to support eachother rather than isolated from eachother

» Add a new message to this topic