FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > time between doses reduced?

time between doses reduced?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ealthy_and_Hung OP   Man  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it appears some healthcare workers have recieved notice that their second dose is to be brought forward.

have any fab healthworkers been notified of this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've not seen this.

But just as a side note, there is very interesting data coming out of Israel right now.

They are saying the Pfizer jab is 85% effective after just one dose.

So there may not be a need to rush the 2nd dose.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"So there may not be a need to rush the 2nd dose."
Israel doesn't have the data as they try to give the 2nd dose in 3 weeks but an Israeli on sky this morning did say that the people who had to wait longer than 3 weeks seemed to have a higher immune count.

By *audyandMichaelCouple  over a year ago

New York

Not to our knowledge... Our appointments are still for 12 weeks... Roll on the end of March!

"So there may not be a need to rush the 2nd dose.Israel doesn't have the data as they try to give the 2nd dose in 3 weeks but an Israeli on sky this morning did say that the people who had to wait longer than 3 weeks seemed to have a higher immune count. "

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

Mark Stone on Twitter said about the 85% effectiveness.

Good news if true

"it appears some healthcare workers have recieved notice that their second dose is to be brought forward.

have any fab healthworkers been notified of this?"

Yes

Most of us had ours early/mid January and the girls who had them in the first week have just received letters for second appointments

"it appears some healthcare workers have recieved notice that their second dose is to be brought forward.

Yes

Most of us had ours early/mid January and the girls who had them in the first week have just received letters for second appointments"

maybe it's just something phw is doing

Yes

Most of us had ours early/mid January and the girls who had them in the first week have just received letters for second appointments

maybe it's just something phw is doing"

It may well be

A lot of friends who work in hospital settings have already had their second doses having received the first sometime in late December

By *ussieChrisMan  over a year ago

Walsall

When are other Essential workers due to have theirs? is anyone in the know?

"When are other Essential workers due to have theirs? is anyone in the know?"

I think it will be age dependent if you weren't in the care home worker or health and social care worker categories. I haven't seen any different info regarding other specific industries, not in Wales anyway.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This is making me wonder how many PMs people have tried to send me off the back of the virus forum (my filters are set to "no")

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

My first jab is next Friday 26th and the second will be on May 15th. So that's 11 weeks

my sister works in health care and she said something about having second jab sooner

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Israeli data is largely based on the Pfizer vaccine, which is just 1 of them in use here, albeit the first to be deployed.

As has been seen, in some areas people outside of the first 4 groups were sometimes offered the vaccine, if local numbers and supplies warranted it, so there does seem to be a bit of variation out there. It seems most sensible for those who have somewhat degraded immune systems, such as more elderly people, to get the doses as close to the timing of what's known to work, from trial evidence. It's good that we're getting newer data and evidence now, so that more confidence is given upon decisions.

It's always been a maximum of 12 weeks rather than 12 weeks apart.

They were talking about this on the BBC News channel earlier and saying that because supply and the roll out is going better than we thought they probably are going to be able to bring those 2nd vaccines earlier to people.

CAV health board have tweeted to say they are cancelling staffs 2nd appointments and moving them all forward, this is excellent progress

"CAV health board have tweeted to say they are cancelling staffs 2nd appointments and moving them all forward, this is excellent progress "

Really is.

Mines 11 weeks

it's possible that there is new data that phw are reacting to from ongoing trials that negates the gamble of extending the interval from 3 to 12 weeks. maybe we will find out in due course.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"When are other Essential workers due to have theirs? is anyone in the know?

I think it will be age dependent if you weren't in the care home worker or health and social care worker categories. I haven't seen any different info regarding other specific industries, not in Wales anyway. "

Yes it is age dependent, though younger people who are classed as vulnerable are being prioritised over some who are older, but who are not classed as vulnerable.

I think it will be age dependent if you weren't in the care home worker or health and social care worker categories. I haven't seen any different info regarding other specific industries, not in Wales anyway.

Yes it is age dependent, though younger people who are classed as vulnerable are being prioritised over some who are older, but who are not classed as vulnerable."

Same here

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

have any fab healthworkers been notified of this?"

I get my 2nd jab on Friday next week. Got first one on 16th Dec so had to wait a while.

Yes it is age dependent, though younger people who are classed as vulnerable are being prioritised over some who are older, but who are not classed as vulnerable."

Yes they have been saying on the news for a few days that younger people that are vulnerable are now being prioritised regardless of whether older people have been vaccinated or not.

this is more about scheduled second dose innoculations being brought forward by a margin of aprox 5-6 weeks

By *endulum 20Couple  over a year ago

sandy

my second jab is 11 weeks after my first but hubby is 10 weeks

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

It seems that the oxford jab is more effective when given 3 months apart rather than six weeks which is good news for everyone.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-oxford-jab-more-effective-when-doses-are-delivered-three-months-apart-study-finds-12222938

» Add a new message to this topic