By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who’s excited for June when we can have some

Proper normality

I’m buzzing

Thank you Boris xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I'll make my own choices based on the behaviours I'm seeing around me and the numbers. Just because he may give the green light, that doesn't mean it'll be safe.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

What's happening in June? Pubs opening?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did I miss something?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'll make my own choices based on the behaviours I'm seeing around me and the numbers. Just because he may give the green light, that doesn't mean it'll be safe."

Well by the looks of things the dates are set for

Things to happen so hopefully come June by hopefully things be looking up

But a famous Chinese proverb below

The people who are desperate for the government to give them new instructions are the same people who insist that the government shouldn't be telling them what to do X

Me and Boris ya see like tht

He's buzzing. ^

we will decide what's safe and what isn't

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

"I'll make my own choices based on the behaviours I'm seeing around me and the numbers. Just because he may give the green light, that doesn't mean it'll be safe."

Nothing else said will be as valid as this.

Think we should just wait and see how the situation is in June before we run free ,just because we can doesn't mean we should

I agree with this 100%.

I know rules are there for a reason but I feel like people really put the rules above common sense. The ones who locked themsleves away so stringently will now say “the rules say we can”. Covid is still there, precautions should be taken but let’s see eh

I wouldn't get too quickly overexcited. It all seems like a provisional plan with lots of ifs and each phase depending on the date of implementing the previous one.. and whether it is 5 weeks or more actually. Too early to "celebrate" I think.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We’ll be doing the same - treading very carefully!! Although pleased T can celebrate his 40th birthday with a family bbq at the end of May

J x

Apparently the gyms are reopening in april?!?

You'll be fine once you've had two little pricks..

"Who’s excited for June when we can have some

Proper normality

I’m buzzing

Thank you Boris xx"

I think you've misread that somewhere.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

See how it goes, but we can't wait for clubs without restrictions. In mean time looks like private mini orgies may be legal by mid May. For those who feel the need for a warm up prior to June.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I will not get excited about June as fear Nicola will say July.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

"I wouldn't get too quickly overexcited. It all seems like a provisional plan with lots of ifs and each phase depending on the date of implementing the previous one.. and whether it is 5 weeks or more actually. Too early to "celebrate" I think. "

To be fair I'm fairly optimistic the government have set a plan that is realistic in terms of the current data. Especially in theory as a rise in infections or high numbers of infections on their own are not a barrier to plan. Obviously there is always a chance of a curve ball. I suspect the rates of deaths and hospitalisation to continue to fall on a good trajectory and people will start pressurising the government bring forward the dates (or just start ignoring the rules). Experience seems to suggest as soon as you start talking about easing restrictions folk start to throw caution (and law) to the wind.

Not gonna lie, i had a little cry

shits creek

"I wouldn't get too quickly overexcited. It all seems like a provisional plan with lots of ifs and each phase depending on the date of implementing the previous one.. and whether it is 5 weeks or more actually. Too early to "celebrate" I think.

To be fair I'm fairly optimistic the government have set a plan that is realistic in terms of the current data. Especially in theory as a rise in infections or high numbers of infections on their own are not a barrier to plan. Obviously there is always a chance of a curve ball. I suspect the rates of deaths and hospitalisation to continue to fall on a good trajectory and people will start pressurising the government bring forward the dates (or just start ignoring the rules). Experience seems to suggest as soon as you start talking about easing restrictions folk start to throw caution (and law) to the wind."

I completely agree about the mention of restrictions easing especially when dates are involved means people go "It's only a week or so away, been cooped up for months...what harm's a few days really eh?"

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

Look like I'll be going back to work then ...Still 4 months to go

I'm not sure about June.

But I am ecstatic and have shed more than a few Tears that my plan to move in with Ash at the end of May is looking probable.

Hmm...

I have a feeling something bad is going to happen.

It makes no difference to me. The thing I want most - my partner to return home - is unlikely to happen until later in the year. Until that happens, I don't really care about anything else.

I am also not convinced that it will be June. I think we could potentially go through a couple of bumpy patches that pushes it back to July or even August. I'm a realist so I'm not going to start getting my hopes up.

But as I said to my dentist today, it's good to have some potential light at the end of the tunnel.

[Removed by poster at 22/02/21 19:23:47]

"[Removed by poster at 22/02/21 19:23:47]"

Bollocks.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

"Hmm...

I have a feeling something bad is going to happen. "

International travel opens up, incomes all the new varients and mutations that are able to dodge the immune system like Neo in the Matrix... Or I guess being a virus it would be more like Agent Smith.

shits creek

"[Removed by poster at 22/02/21 19:23:47]

Bollocks."

^^^^He ate a snickers and got some nuts

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The last section is probably the least reliabble, as it relies on no issues with the earlier ones. I know there's some 5 weeks between them but unexpected things happen.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

It would be nice to have some optimism but there are so many variables at play that we just cannot be certain.

People really need to stick to rules for one.

We need to hope that any new variants that WILL appear are not more dangerous.

Govt needs to have a rapid reaction at the border/airports with quarantine.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

My 21 year old daughter is excited she will b 22 on the 21st june so we can have her 21st celebration hopefully as she missed out! X

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I will not get excited about June as fear Nicola will say July."
you just know it.

As has been said, it's very much a wait and see scenario, all dependant on the virus behaviour of the preceding easing measures. Personally, I'm not convinced that even if all goes well and all restrictions are lifted on June 21, the general public will crack open their favourite tipple and party in the streets. I think it will be some considerable time before people make the conscious decision that they trust everything enough, to get involved in festival number type of crowds or actually even in close contact with someone they don't know.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Nothings set in stone just yet. I’m hopeful but I’m not going to be holding tight to those dates until it happens.

By *icefella69Man  over a year ago

bristol

Am sure we all realise long-term predictions are as unpredictable as weather-forcasting, but I cheered up when I heard on the news that "nightclubs" may reopen in June, I'm amused at which civil servant decides if dance venues are the same catagory as swingers clubs, but here's hoping.....!

ashford

"As has been said, it's very much a wait and see scenario, all dependant on the virus behaviour of the preceding easing measures. Personally, I'm not convinced that even if all goes well and all restrictions are lifted on June 21, the general public will crack open their favourite tipple and party in the streets. I think it will be some considerable time before people make the conscious decision that they trust everything enough, to get involved in festival number type of crowds or actually even in close contact with someone they don't know."

At our age think there b no time to loose! Once they give the green light I be on the start line raring to go x

By *om-needs-good-girlMan  over a year ago

lar lar land

Proper normality

I’m buzzing

Thank you Boris xx"

People need to chill! It says NO EARLIER THAN

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

A lot of people seem to have chosen to ignore the word "from" that goes with all the estimated dates.

K

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

We're hopeful but realists..

As others have said, it's no earlier than. We don't fully know what factors will trigger postponements, if it's a sustained increase in infections rates / hospitalizations / new unconfirmed variants etc...

One thing we can be sure of is that we can bet on the stupidity of some to be ever present.

The rule of 6 will be accepted by some as a party of 30, meeting in your garden will be shifted to an indoor get together, two households will be 4 or 5 and if sadly transmission increases and our return to normal life is delayed they will be the first to complain and blame the government.

Here's hoping things won't turn sour and we can start to get back to normality.

Boris has said a lot of things that haven’t happened,so not holding my breath

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Boris has said a lot of things that haven’t happened,so not holding my breath "

It’s all down to people behaving, don’t bank on it

Well this thread is a little ray of sunshine.

It’s just the army of keyboard wankers and timewasters getting ready to use covid as the go-to reason why they never meet.

"It’s just the army of keyboard wankers and timewasters getting ready to use covid as the go-to reason why they never meet. "

I wasn't aware people had to give a reason they didn't want to meet, I thought it was their prerogative?

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s just the army of keyboard wankers and timewasters getting ready to use covid as the go-to reason why they never meet.

I wasn't aware people had to give a reason they didn't want to meet, I thought it was their prerogative?"

"It’s just the army of keyboard wankers and timewasters getting ready to use covid as the go-to reason why they never meet.

I wasn't aware people had to give a reason they didn't want to meet, I thought it was their prerogative?"

No, no, no! If you're on this site, you HAVE to meet. What's more, you have to meet absolutely anyone who asks, otherwise you are a total fake.

I guess you missed that message.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Spot on

I wasn't aware people had to give a reason they didn't want to meet, I thought it was their prerogative?

No, no, no! If you're on this site, you HAVE to meet. What's more, you have to meet absolutely anyone who asks, otherwise you are a total fake.

I guess you missed that message. "

Manchester (she/her)

I guess you missed that message. "

I'm extra fake. I'm not even letting people message me

. Who said they have to give a reason ????

I wasn't aware people had to give a reason they didn't want to meet, I thought it was their prerogative?. Who said they have to give a reason ????"

"to use covid as the go-to reason why they never meet".

I wasn't aware people had to give a reason they didn't want to meet, I thought it was their prerogative?. Who said they have to give a reason ????

"to use covid as the go-to reason why they never meet"."

. I’m sure lots of people will do, but no one has to give reasons. Did that really need spelling out ?

ashford

Well I've booked a little holiday for august with the sister we going to isle of wight! We went as kids all time so will b a walk down memory lane! Fingers crossed we can go x

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"See how it goes, but we can't wait for clubs without restrictions. In mean time looks like private mini orgies may be legal by mid May. For those who feel the need for a warm up prior to June."

Not sure I noticed that social distancing is ending!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I wouldn't get too quickly overexcited. It all seems like a provisional plan with lots of ifs and each phase depending on the date of implementing the previous one.. and whether it is 5 weeks or more actually. Too early to "celebrate" I think. "

Yeah, I think the June target of removal of all social distancing does sound a bit optimistic. I wouldn't be surprised if places like pubs had to operate with restrictions in place all thru the summer and autumn.

I'm just gonna see how it goes and not get my hopes up, I can see the govt delaying things and disappointing a lot of people.

Manchester (she/her)

"I wouldn't get too quickly overexcited. It all seems like a provisional plan with lots of ifs and each phase depending on the date of implementing the previous one.. and whether it is 5 weeks or more actually. Too early to "celebrate" I think.

Yeah, I think the June target of removal of all social distancing does sound a bit optimistic. I wouldn't be surprised if places like pubs had to operate with restrictions in place all thru the summer and autumn.

I'm just gonna see how it goes and not get my hopes up, I can see the govt delaying things and disappointing a lot of people."

Agreed

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Proper normality

I’m buzzing

Thank you Boris xx"

Nope

We will be back on lockdown by then I think..

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Abso..... bloody....loutely!!

Let's hope it doesn't get delayed.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Proper normality

I’m buzzing

Thank you Boris xx