FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > are we too scared of death?

are we too scared of death?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

in the past, when life expectancy was much lower than today.. was their a different attitude to death, i think its changed greatly.. for the most part the better.. but there is a catch.

its where the over population, pollution arguments come in. is the human race designed to live en mass, unartificially into 90s and even 100s. the virus has made me think about lost faith we were thought we'd end up in a better place..

how would other generations have handled this.. without Internet, phones.. bubble cars and a health service... pass the bird man death mask.

if you died crossing the road or opening a tin of beans tomorrow would you regret not doing something different to what you did this year or would you die content... Excuse late night wrangling

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"in the past, when life expectancy was much lower than today.. was their a different attitude to death, i think its changed greatly.. for the most part the better.. but there is a catch.

its where the over population, pollution arguments come in. is the human race designed to live en mass, unartificially into 90s and even 100s. the virus has made me think about lost faith we were thought we'd end up in a better place..

how would other generations have handled this.. without Internet, phones.. bubble cars and a health service... pass the bird man death mask.

if you died crossing the road or opening a tin of beans tomorrow would you regret not doing something different to what you did this year or would you die content... Excuse late night wrangling

d"

Well if that happened tomorrow I'd regret not breaking covid rules and getting some well needed fat tasty cock

lol.. that made me smile ThankYou night night x

By *ussexboxMan  over a year ago

Ferring

Ready to start ticking off things off the bucket list just in case. Brought plans forward.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

No I'm ready to leave all my problems behind where is the check out

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Previous generations would have died in their hundreds of thousands, like they did with Spanish flu.

Medical advances, improved living conditions and better nourishment has meant increased life expectancy but apparently due to high levels of obesity the up coming generation will be one of the first to have a lower life expectancy than their parents.

I think the British have a terrible attitude to death. It's all dignified mourning and euphemisms.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"in the past, when life expectancy was much lower than today.. was their a different attitude to death, i think its changed greatly.. for the most part the better.. but there is a catch.

d"

I just bought a Bird man mask haha

First part - life expectancy was lower, we have some of the highest in history.

2nd part - yes it has changed greatly, faith or belief in some kind of afterlife, heaven or reincarnation gave great sense that death was another part of the journey where you would reunited with loved ones etc so death was not as feared and more common so widely accepted as 'part of life'

3rd part - humans vs climate

no, we are not designed to live in communities f more than 100 approx because this is the limit of known connections with others that the human brain allows and where community is best served, large scale like we have now is why we have & see all the social economic issues of today, in small communities everyone has a role, is valued and everyone is supported. what we live now was built by machines for nothing more than the imaginary finance system that benefits the few.

off the grid is sustainable and uses far less resources per head and with that life style there is actually little time for the amount of leisure we 'were' enjoying so you don't end up with large gatherings or all the entertainment stuff we have today, plus it moves the body keeping it healthy.

population wise there are many arguments including but not limited to, returning to off the grid, giving every one 2 acres each & living communally, educating girls in particular, mass sterilization (not good idea, china is doing this already), to letting nature take its course (which is possibly one of the least bios options) either way we have the largest human population ever on this planet and the waste along is killing everything along with mass destruction for minerals to fund even the greenists of promises.

where we'll end up who knows, someone just flick the whole pack up in the air. (cars can run on water & electricity can be free...been known for decades/centuries respectively...still bout profit out there)

pre internet knew know different, they wrote letters and seen each other when they could although with deaths higher back then for a variety of reasons it was not uncommon to have incidences like now where loved ones can't be near when they pass (boat across Atlantic is 2 months unpowered...if not more). personally this is the case for me as most of my family is abroad so its a phone call to say they have gone & if i'm lucky we see each other every 5-10 years, we don't really use phones/internet to communicate tbh

we are simple not designed to sit on our asses all day & live in boxes...our bodies are wonderful to move yet most don't use them...its the only thing thats gonna stick with you your whole life take care of it....you live in it.

off topic for tv's or anyone with a mental health disorder like me one of my fav type explanations is this:

I live in my body, but my body is not me, it's just a host body that I didn't choose it, but I have to live in it, I can't choose another (btw doesn't mean I think you can't change it)

personally, I have always understood the fragility of life and how it can be taken in an instance, by any means and at any age, no reason, no choice. I am also a person who is observant to subtle changes around me & within my own body (to the point the doc merely confirms my suspicions as do the vets) and has dealt with many parasites, viruses and bacterial infections over the years that I know fine well how to risk access both for myself and others, I've grown up doing so, I do not need a government being an over controlling helicopter parent when I am an adult.

sorry carried away

"Previous generations would have died in their hundreds of thousands, like they did with Spanish flu.

Medical advances, improved living conditions and better nourishment has meant increased life expectancy but apparently due to high levels of obesity the up coming generation will be one of the first to have a lower life expectancy than their parents.

I think the British have a terrible attitude to death. It's all dignified mourning and euphemisms. "

oh yes i agree but so does the western world as a whole. we think we can live forever and cheat nature.. the virus i believe is just cyclical cleansing. We are squeamish and over sentimental... lol well iam

we must strive for compassion and the best medical care and solution but we are not God.. apparently no one is

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yes I am scared of dying early and leaving small people behind, I think this has been the driving force behind my compliance of the rules, I lost a friend to cancer which was left undiagnosed due to covid pressures and her kids are under 10. How many of us are walking around with a undiagnosed condition is a particularly scary thought for me

its a double edged sword.. and it is scary..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't fear death. I will be fighting and drinking in Valhalla with all my friends and Odin will talk to me about my victories in life!

Or I may have been watching too many episodes of vikings on prime.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

lifes to good to think about death

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I'm only borrowing this form until I transition into the next so, I don't fear death as I don't believe anything dies, just changes form or reality.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not scared to die although a few folk would miss me and be upset.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

A lot will say there not scared of dying..but when it comes to it.. they'll probably be shitting themselves...

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

d"

Interesting post OP. In my case I would feel a bit cheated.. Still feel these so much I want to do / achieve in this life because I started quite late I suppose with where I wanted to go and who I wanted to be and its more about my ambition than anything to do with swinging if I'm honest .. so I am not ready to go yet.. Just got to wait till we get the green light do we can start living again and I can get going again

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"A lot will say there not scared of dying..but when it comes to it.. they'll probably be shitting themselves..."

Depends how we die. Do not fancy getting eaten by a shark but sleeping and slipping away peacefully would be ok by me.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"A lot will say there not scared of dying..but when it comes to it.. they'll probably be shitting themselves..."

Have to agree with you there watched my 92 yr old nan pass away a few years ago and the one person she wanted in the last cpl of hours was her mum.this from a lady who lived through the blitz in the eastend of london wen the end came all she wanted was her mum

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

This is a discussion I’ve been willing the forums to have for a while now.

The first funeral I went to was a 17 year old school friend who went to bed as usual and didn’t wake up - he was smart, clever, a brilliant sportsman and had the world at his feet. Sometimes death makes no sense whatsoever.

I feel as we’ve become obsessed with living as long a life as possible we’ve forgotten that life is to be experienced - and that it’s not always smooth. One thing is certain and that one day it will come to us all.

Get your affairs in order - make a will, ensure you have a trusted someone who knows the passcode to your phone, make a list who you would like notifying that your family don’t even know about. Accept that one day your number will be up and make things as smooth as possible for those you leave behind.

I’m not advocating living a reckless life before the DM’s start again but life and death is a risk that needs to be managed. I do worry that in trying (albeit badly) to combat a virus that came out of the blue we’re creating far bigger issues for our future selves and generations.

word.. Great post

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"word.. Great post "

... life is short, make the most of it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Very few people welcome death.

We're attached to life. We love and are loved, hace people and places in our lives we're fond of and we don't know what comes after. IIf we have a sick relative we want them to live first and only concern ourselves with their quality of life afterwards. We agonise over deciding on dnr for our loved ones who are unable to decide for themselves.

Of course we fear death in varying degrees and try to prevent it. It's very final.

The problem with survival of the fittest or letting nature take its course is that nowadays it means survival of the wealthiest. Which is great if you're wealthy but the wealthy frequently don't possess the skills required to keep life ticking over.

glasgow

Love the responses

In terms of kids, even mine has been exposed to the fragility of life by both pets and human friends/family. It is incredibly to at the very least have a will concerning guardianship of them. Most assume the other parent/grandparent would be available but this is not nessacarly the case. I have seen 16+18 yr olds lose a parent, only to be left in debt for funeral & chucked out of council house shortly afterwards.

(hate spelling that word)

Life is short, death ain't a choice of when, where or why, yet a guaranteed journey for all living beings.

The most important bit is the dash between the dates

Too scared? Is there a scale? I need to measure my fear against the average. But I’ll say nah.

I mean, I request painless and swift exiting. But been dead isn’t scary. It’s, maybe others also, the how you go that’s the fear not been gone

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I don’t fear death at all ... my partner is already there ... so I know I will be re United with him again ... and don’t regret anything this year ... never stuck to the rules still saw and hugged my children and grandchildren ...

People have become more frightened of death, especially with a constant diet of death numbers.

The current rate of death is still lower than 2003 and the average age of death 'with covid'is still higher than the population average age of death.

Before I get alot of rolling eyes and people saying I don't care, these are just actual facts and are independent of feelings, it does seem alot of people are more triggered with the feelings. To preempt a following statement, how would I feel if I lost a family member from covid or with covid, I would be sad, any less or more sad than with or from anything else, the answer would be no.

d

2nd part - yes it has changed greatly, faith or belief in some kind of afterlife, heaven or reincarnation gave great sense that death was another part of the journey where you would reunited with loved ones etc so death was not as feared and more common so widely accepted as 'part of life'

no, we are not designed to live in communities f more than 100 approx because this is the limit of known connections with others that the human brain allows and where community is best served, large scale like we have now is why we have & see all the social economic issues of today, in small communities everyone has a role, is valued and everyone is supported. what we live now was built by machines for nothing more than the imaginary finance system that benefits the few.

off the grid is sustainable and uses far less resources per head and with that life style there is actually little time for the amount of leisure we 'were' enjoying so you don't end up with large gatherings or all the entertainment stuff we have today, plus it moves the body keeping it healthy.

population wise there are many arguments including but not limited to, returning to off the grid, giving every one 2 acres each & living communally, educating girls in particular, mass sterilization (not good idea, china is doing this already), to letting nature take its course (which is possibly one of the least bios options) either way we have the largest human population ever on this planet and the waste along is killing everything along with mass destruction for minerals to fund even the greenists of promises.

where we'll end up who knows, someone just flick the whole pack up in the air. (cars can run on water & electricity can be free...been known for decades/centuries respectively...still bout profit out there)

pre internet knew know different, they wrote letters and seen each other when they could although with deaths higher back then for a variety of reasons it was not uncommon to have incidences like now where loved ones can't be near when they pass (boat across Atlantic is 2 months unpowered...if not more). personally this is the case for me as most of my family is abroad so its a phone call to say they have gone & if i'm lucky we see each other every 5-10 years, we don't really use phones/internet to communicate tbh

we are simple not designed to sit on our asses all day & live in boxes...our bodies are wonderful to move yet most don't use them...its the only thing thats gonna stick with you your whole life take care of it....you live in it.

off topic for tv's or anyone with a mental health disorder like me one of my fav type explanations is this:

I live in my body, but my body is not me, it's just a host body that I didn't choose it, but I have to live in it, I can't choose another (btw doesn't mean I think you can't change it)

personally, I have always understood the fragility of life and how it can be taken in an instance, by any means and at any age, no reason, no choice. I am also a person who is observant to subtle changes around me & within my own body (to the point the doc merely confirms my suspicions as do the vets) and has dealt with many parasites, viruses and bacterial infections over the years that I know fine well how to risk access both for myself and others, I've grown up doing so, I do not need a government being an over controlling helicopter parent when I am an adult.

sorry carried away "

Love to read but just too long

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Live for today, making the most of it, there will always have been other things that we could have enjoyed, after our deaths, if we'd had the time and health to do so but that's the uncertainty of life, typically not knowing how and when we will die. Enjoy it now.

The world OP describes is not a fixed given. We don't have to pollute as we do, we're able to feed the whole population and more, these are due to the choices that we have. With global heating, we also don't have to let it become as catastrophic as some would like - this is down to the leaders that we have, individually vote for and the personal choices we make.

There's opportunity for us to live in a better world and leave it more fit for future generations than we are likely to do presently.

Improvements to health care are a positive and don't typically just prolong a living death that's longer. They will allow us to have a longer, healthier lifespan. We don't need to fear death, just ensure that all lives are respected and valued as well as those that have yet to start.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

No I don’t fear it, it’s inevitable but not something I want to do right now but when it comes I want to just slip away

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I'm proberblly more scared of lossing others.

the post wasn't about your own death anyway.. but death in general.. others death is mostly always worse

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No I don’t fear it, it’s inevitable but not something I want to do right now but when it comes I want to just slip away

"

I want to be shot by a jealous lover at the age of 99

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"No I don’t fear it, it’s inevitable but not something I want to do right now but when it comes I want to just slip away

I want to be shot by a jealous lover at the age of 99 "

Just after you have cum obviously

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I want to be shot by a jealous lover at the age of 99

Just after you have cum obviously "

Natch

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

The inevitable will happen, although some seem to think it does not apply to them as they are rich.

Make the most of every day as you never know when the time will come to shuffle off this mortal coil, most on here will go with a smile on their face having experienced things others only dreamed of

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

I think my outlook on death is probably different to that of a lot of my friends because of my life experiences & having witnessed the death of others first hand.

Having lost multiple people who were very close to me in recent years, some who died young, I am very aware that everything can change in the blink of an eye & the importance of making the most of life while you can. But, also because of my own experience, I carry a lot of responsibility for others and I owe it to them to do what I can to keep myself safe. It is a balancing act between trying to live life to the full, making every moment count, but also trying to avoid risks that might cut life short.

K

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

One of the biggest problems humans will face is overpopulated planet , there was just over 1 billion people on the planet 100 years ago now there is over 8 billion resources will become very scarce in the future , what with global warming causing landmass to flood , glad we was born when we was probably best ever time in history

this is true

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Personally I'm not afraid of death but more worried about losing my family.

By *had0wMan  over a year ago

Southampton

d"

Death is the ONLY thing that is guaranteed in this life. Accept it and live your life to the best you can until the reaper comes knocking

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Why be scared of something that is guaranteed to happen. However, I would very much like have influence in when that day comes and how. As I told the youngest, If am to get covid, I would to catch it at a time of my choosing, ie, pick the battles you can win and fight them on your terms.

By *rummie_jamaicanMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

There are still places in the world where people still live like previous generations. I don't see many people lining up to migrate to those places

By *rummie_jamaicanMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

d

sorry carried away "

Regarding population. I think you would find that when we had lower density, we spent way more time trying to find food. There was far more famine and starvation in the past. There is a reason why off grid gas is more expensive than main line; economies of scale.

By *anatthetopMan  over a year ago

Kent

You dirty fucker lol

By *etnetWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

d"

Well 2010 I had hear failure and asked my life expectancy! My cardiologist said “Net you could walk out of here and get hit by a bus” Not is guaranteed besides death......... let’s make every second count hey

By *etnetWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

d"

Well 2010 I had heat failure and asked about my life expectancy! My cardiologist said “Net you could walk out of here and get hit by a bus” Nothing is guaranteed besides death......... let’s make every second count hey

glasgow

d

sorry carried away

Regarding population. I think you would find that when we had lower density, we spent way more time trying to find food. There was far more famine and starvation in the past. There is a reason why off grid gas is more expensive than main line; economies of scale."

GAS! no! solar./water but I get the sentiment

before farming which is over 5000 years old? I didn't say we had to hunt & gather and never settle just on smaller scale & self sufficient. we also have better knowledge of our own bodies, the earth, medical, plant use (as sparks up lol)

We did have that knowledge but was oral teachings (dark ages aka little written evidence)...I blame romans & Christianity for the drastic backwards steps. Segregation & pitch fork fear mentality killed the knowledge).

Famines & starvations still happen world wide millions die from them alone each year...just not in the rich, greedy, wasteful west of course (not on same extent I know it happens here too)

community makes sure everyone gets and starvation doesn't exist, share equally & every one helps and has a purpose to keep the community working and alive.

flash events cannot be helped or even mitigated against...weather is weather...tough titty.....stop supporting companies wrecking the planet & accelarate this

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

I think if I was dead, it would be a little difficult to regret anything

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

I remember reading a study, where people in care homes were asked if they were scared of death.

It was the religious who were most scared, whereas the non religious accepted that it was inevitable.

Death itself is nothing to be scared of. It's just like the time before you were conceived.

Dying a slow painful death is something I don't relish. Just put me out of my misery.

Cool question. I think that whenever I die at least I'll finally know what happens when you die, so kind of looking forward to getting answers is one way I look at it.

You see I dont think we will ever win against say viruses and disease though because they just adapt n turn into a new super bug or a new strain comes along.

The way the worlds moving is kind of like a double ended something or other ?? The phones n tech helped us communicate and say to isolate but the speed tech allows us to travel the world is what caused it spread so much too maybe. So even though we have more medicine and tech and ways to keep us alive its like its also our downfall, e.g when we incorrectly use antibiotics viruses evolve stronger to over come our medicine i think.

And finally I will regret not doing or saying something rather than saying yh I tried that and this is what happened ??

Anyway I'm gonna try jumping off this cliff now, I'll let you know what happens lol

good reception at top of that cliff

d

glasgow

"good reception at top of that cliff

d"

That ultimate selfie

W

By *konCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

I’m not scared of death . But some of the potential ways of realising it can be a little off putting !

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Death doesn't scare me as i died on the operation table ,didnt know anything untill the itu doctor told me ..live life to the full as tomorrow could be your last ..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I must be on my own

I don't think there is anymore more scary than dying

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"Anyway I'm gonna try jumping off this cliff now, I'll let you know what happens lol

good reception at top of that cliff

d"

In some ways I can see the appeal of jumping off Beachy Head.

It offers a unique chance to do something daredevil before you die that you wouldn't normally have the courage to do.

"I must be on my own

"

When we fall into deep sleep at night we have no clue what happens until the next morning death will be no different. It’s just how we die somtimes that really sucks.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Noah lived 950 so lexpect to live to at least 1000 yrs.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"A lot will say there not scared of dying..but when it comes to it.. they'll probably be shitting themselves...

Depends how we die. Do not fancy getting eaten by a shark but sleeping and slipping away peacefully would be ok by me."

Don’t go skinny dipping In Strathclyde loch, an 8 foot bull shark was spotted yesterday

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"I must be on my own

"

I drove thru Anfield last summer, that came pretty close !

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Death doesn't scare me as i died on the operation table ,didnt know anything untill the itu doctor told me "

When I died I felt like I was falling down and down into a deep black hole

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Not scared of death itself as i look at it as a light switch being flicked off once your gone you know nothing about it what scares me is how i die would rather it was very quick instead of it being long and drawn out

d"

Past generations would not have had the numbers of deaths blasted into their eyeballs day in and out for as long as we have, so more than likely, they wouldn't have even really noticed.

Humans definitely aren't designed to live as long as we do, the age of death these days is a huge contributing factor in dementia, the rates of which are climbing. Modern medicine preventing people from dying that really should have, look at covid, without modern medicine, the numbers would be 3,4,5 times higher. Children aren't dying as much as they used to, people are living longer, viruses are less succesful at what they are designed for and the combination of it all makes the impact on the planet worse.

But, the only viable answer to these issues is one that is unacceptable. You can't just let people die. So, we are 7 billion strong and choking the planet until it shrugs us off with an apocalyptic catastrophe and then regrows

and consumes all evidence of our presence until its like we were never here. And then in a couple of million years, another species like us will evolve and they will more than likely repeat it, while elon musks descendants watch and tut from mars, occasionally flying around to take photos and the new species will catch them on camera and make movies about the phenomena... Probably call it something daft like ET...

"Previous generations would have died in their hundreds of thousands, like they did with Spanish flu.

I think the British have a terrible attitude to death. It's all dignified mourning and euphemisms. "

Although I agree with you regarding medical advancements, I also think that due to these we are suffering a planet that is over populated.

Mother Nature attempts a cull every now and again but we squash it with more & more science...

There will come a day when we realise that long term we are not helping ourselves!

And no, I’m not afraid of dying, I worked in palliative care for many years and it’s given me a totally different outlook than most x

d

Past generations would not have had the numbers of deaths blasted into their eyeballs day in and out for as long as we have, so more than likely, they wouldn't have even really noticed.

Humans definitely aren't designed to live as long as we do, the age of death these days is a huge contributing factor in dementia, the rates of which are climbing. Modern medicine preventing people from dying that really should have, look at covid, without modern medicine, the numbers would be 3,4,5 times higher. Children aren't dying as much as they used to, people are living longer, viruses are less succesful at what they are designed for and the combination of it all makes the impact on the planet worse.

But, the only viable answer to these issues is one that is unacceptable. You can't just let people die. So, we are 7 billion strong and choking the planet until it shrugs us off with an apocalyptic catastrophe and then regrows

and consumes all evidence of our presence until its like we were never here. And then in a couple of million years, another species like us will evolve and they will more than likely repeat it, while elon musks descendants watch and tut from mars, occasionally flying around to take photos and the new species will catch them on camera and make movies about the phenomena... Probably call it something daft like ET... "

Totally agree with this thought, glad I’m not alone x

By *lint in the eye!Man  over a year ago

Lily Pad, Pond Lane

"are we too scared of death?"

For me I embraced death and the thought of it a few years ago, this last year has just confirmed that more and more. If it was to come knocking at my door I will shake its hand and walk in.

I've seen so many people so scared in the last year of the what if's / may be's , scared to open that front door, it is in my eyes a debilitating thing to have hanging over you. (NB, I do believe Covid is a real danger)

"

If you died crossing the road or opening a tin of beans tomorrow would you regret not doing something different to what you did this year or would you die content...

"

Unfortunately this year has been removed from most of us, our choices have been removed or limited so much.

Regret: I do my best not to regret, learn from what happened hopefully. I do wish I had done a couple of things differently but not a regret.

By *attooCTMan  over a year ago

Glasgow /Swansea

We all going to die should just accept it and live every day to the fullest

some really good replies here... does the invisibility of covid deaths and death in general, only really evident in statistics make fears worst? if bodies were piled up in the streets with visible marking would our fear be worse? Our fear of what others would say, of appearing to be responsible for our neighbours mortality when it maybe just every human that ever lived. died or wandered to the world from the lands of Africa and babylon...

d

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan  over a year ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 08/03/21 02:08:54]

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Have made the most out of everyday, I would have concerns about those that I leave behind. It's a reminder that keeping your will upto date is important.

Yeah I think our attitude to death has really changed for the worse. It’s made us all more fearful to die and causes all kinds of problems. It also makes grieving so much harder too.

I had a near death experience, and it totally changed my attitude. Yes I’d still like to live, and yes I’m still scared of those I love dying, but overall I’m not scared of my own death at all any more. I also feel comfort in knowing what it’s like for those that I know who will one day go through the same process. It’s a very freeing feeling.

It’s great that we’ve extended our lifespans so much but we should still speak about, and prepare for, death

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I think the British have a terrible attitude to death. It's all dignified mourning and euphemisms.

Although I agree with you regarding medical advancements, I also think that due to these we are suffering a planet that is over populated.

Mother Nature attempts a cull every now and again but we squash it with more & more science...

There will come a day when we realise that long term we are not helping ourselves!

And no, I’m not afraid of dying, I worked in palliative care for many years and it’s given me a totally different outlook than most x "

Overpopulation is coming from third world countries with younger populations while western countries populations decline and get older .... as a rule. Overpopulation is a massive problem for the world and really cannot be addressed without facing some difficulty questions and solutions.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

And no, I’m not afraid of dying, I worked in palliative care for many years and it’s given me a totally different outlook than most x

Overpopulation is coming from third world countries with younger populations while western countries populations decline and get older .... as a rule. Overpopulation is a massive problem for the world and really cannot be addressed without facing some difficulty questions and solutions. "

It's only difficult for a minority - those who have more than is equitable. The population and more can be adequately cared for, fed and housed, with good sanitation and medical care. There's not overpopulation, just a sociopathic neglect of so many.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

Funny thing life - we are just born to die - have fun!!

I want to die like my uncle

While he was asleep .

Not like the poor buggers that were passengers on his bus .

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Overpopulation is coming from third world countries with younger populations while western countries populations decline and get older .... as a rule. Overpopulation is a massive problem for the world and really cannot be addressed without facing some difficulty questions and solutions.

It's only difficult for a minority - those who have more than is equitable. The population and more can be adequately cared for, fed and housed, with good sanitation and medical care. There's not overpopulation, just a sociopathic neglect of so many. "

There's undoubtably inequalities but unless the west reduces its consumption and lifestyle to third world levels then we are screwed. The third world wants what we have coupled to high birth rates . This is happening now . Blaming the west doesn't stop it happening whatever the moral arguments are.

It seems sinister that this has turned into a conversation about population control

"It seems sinister that this has turned into a conversation about population control "

we have controlled the populations of quite a number of creatures

Bexley

"I want to die like my uncle

While he was asleep .

Not like the poor buggers that were passengers on his bus ."

Wow! I must be your cousin!

If the last 13 months are anything to go by. People need to get a grip. Death is inevitable.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"If the last 13 months are anything to go by. People need to get a grip. Death is inevitable. "

Correct. But presumably there are "nicer" ways to die, vs less pleasant ways? That's partly what the thread is about.

Bexley

"...It's a reminder that keeping your will up to date is important."

my will is all in hand.

when I die, all the women who have enhanced my life will; be invited to sit around a large table and, in front of each other, state why they deserve the money.

It will be televised, called "The Will" and there will be premium rate phone lines for viewers to cast their votes.

The money from the phone calls will fund the legacy payout. My original money has already been spent on the women!

Re "look at covid, without modern medicine, the numbers would be 3,4,5 times higher. "

Actually they wouldn't because virtually all the people who have died with Covid would have already been dead without modern medicine, so they would have actually been substantially lower, perhaps even to the point where it may not have even been noticed. That's a large part of why the 3rd world is barely showing in the death stats, but also it's very sunny mostly there and sunshine kills it, plus less reporting, etc. Obviously there will be someone who knows of someone who died and they think would have still been alive - just note that we said 'virtually all', not 'all'. That's very easily proven with a fairly quick look at the NHS/ONS data that's readily available to anyone who cares to look at it.

So, given that we're not afraid to throw a few facts into the mix that don't fit well with the medical propaganda you can take it that we're not afraid to die!

Brilliant, nobody will top that for the ultimate TV show of it's ilk!

» Add a new message to this topic