FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Travel Vaccination Passport’s

Travel Vaccination Passport’s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They said it would never happen! A few travel companies are now insisting on proof of vaccination. I wonder how many ‘antivaxers’ will now change their minds.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Antivaxers are plonkers! Get it done, and be free.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"They said it would never happen! A few travel companies are now insisting on proof of vaccination. I wonder how many ‘antivaxers’ will now change their minds. "

This is good news to hear.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good. I hope they do. (With the exception of not being able to have the vaccine due to medical reasons)

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

But....

How many of us will have the second jab in time which is the requirement for the passport, I will be lucky to have 1 by July let alone 2 and all the families with different ages.

By *ilkandhoneyxWoman  over a year ago

leicester

Great idea. antivaxxers can piss off lol

I'm due my second jab next month.... but only because of my job

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The Eu is introducing it for movement in there own countries a good move.

We need to make people have this if entering the UK from anywhere on the planet.

I hope we do it should be a government thing not done by airlines.

Also why gigital?Many do not have smartphones need other methods of people having this proof should be in passport possibly

"The Eu is introducing it for movement in there own countries a good move.

We need to make people have this if entering the UK from anywhere on the planet.

Also why gigital?Many do not have smartphones need other methods of people having this proof should be in passport possibly"

Great idea, make anyone entering the UK pay for a pre approved digital passport, also aids in tracking them while they are here.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not all 'anti vaxxers' are conspiracy theorising tin foil hat wearers..

Some simply can't take some vaccinations due to my ethical reasons, others choose not to for other reasons..

And it's not correct or fair to be blaming one group..

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that..

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"But....

How many of us will have the second jab in time which is the requirement for the passport, I will be lucky to have 1 by July let alone 2 and all the families with different ages."

Then you don’t go on holiday this year

South

"Not all 'anti vaxxers' are conspiracy theorising tin foil hat wearers..

Some simply can't take some vaccinations due to my ethical reasons, others choose not to for other reasons..

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that.."

Curious to know what the ethical reason is. Simple you have a choice ..... if you’re refusing for anything other than medical reasons then you’re choosing not vaccinating over holidays abroad.

South

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that.."

Choosing not to vaccinate is risking this never ending so yeah I demonise them I’m sick of staying indoors.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

By definition they are not anti vaxxers as they don’t object to them they just can’t have them.

Anti vaxxers are allowed their beliefs but a lot of them make such a big deal about it and try to foist their opinion on everyone else

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I have had my first jab 2nd on 6th June. If jt means I can travel and get out of this god awful country for a week or so. Tha week or so thanks very much

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I was about to say something similar too. I am all for personal choice, all anti vaxxers are not the same, as some takes vaccines but just not the covid one based on their own research and yes I can see the society being even more divided than it is with brexit, a good saying is this one,dont take your freedom for granted, cos with one restriction it is easier to do more.

Well I'm not sure long term these vaccines are safe

No real evidence but just a gut feeling

I volunteered for the AZ trials and they didn't pick me but the stuff they sent said some lab mice had died due to inflamed lungs during the trial phase

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that..

By definition they are not anti vaxxers as they don’t object to them they just can’t have them.

Anti vaxxers are allowed their beliefs but a lot of them make such a big deal about it and try to foist their opinion on everyone else "

Imagine trying to foist something on someone who doesn't want... shocking.

South

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that..I was about to say something similar too. I am all for personal choice, all anti vaxxers are not the same, as some takes vaccines but just not the covid one based on their own research and yes I can see the society being even more divided than it is with brexit, a good saying is this one,dont take your freedom for granted, cos with one restriction it is easier to do more."

Then with that choice comes consequence ..... if the vaccine means society can open up then surely the people that are willing to take that risk deserve to reap the benefits of that rather than the people that ‘didn’t want to risk it’ but are willing to let others take it for their own gain? It’s a no brainer really this isn’t going away so we need to take risks to stop it. If you’re not prepare to do that then restrictions may still be in place.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

In society there are freedoms and responsibilities. Some of the latter relate to our choices and behaviour and there's generally not a free ride.

With international travel, we are also subject to the freedoms and responsibilities that others decide are appropriate. With safe vaccines, we're not investing much to help to keep ourselves and others safer, than if we were to decide not to have 1, potentially becoming the person who spreads new mutations around and between societies. There's huge evidence for the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines.

Anyone troubled about other lack of freedoms and a slippery slope, will always be subject to the whims of the people who you vote for. The vaccine will be just an excuse.

I don't see the issue? If you 'choose' to not have the vaccine then that's fine it's your choice. But it's also a fact of life that choice brings consequence. In this case the consequence that in order to holiday abroad you'll probably have to:

A) Pay for tests both ends of the journey that show negative (both ways)

B) Self isolate both ends of the journey.

It's you're choice. But don't bellyache about discrimination, it's only discrimination if you are refused a choice.

Bristol

Anti vaxxers are allowed their beliefs but a lot of them make such a big deal about it and try to foist their opinion on everyone else

Imagine trying to foist something on someone who doesn't want... shocking.

"

And who’s doing that ?

It’s your choice just don’t try choose it for other people

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

I’m sure now the ‘principled’ anti vaxxers will re-visit their principles!! ...

I accept there are those who for whatever clinical reason can’t have the vaccine, and have every sympathy for them. However why is it an issue now and not before? Presumably they have not been able to have the usual vaccines we already take for granted - and unfortunately had to live with that , and clearly not been able to go to places that already mandatorily demand it to travel there???

It will be interesting to see if those occupying the moral high ground will continue to opt for Margate over the Maldives!!

R xxx

Central

I'm having the vaccine to help to protect those who cannot have it for health reasons. Don't you feel a responsibility to help protect those who are vulnerable?

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

May be a stupid question, but do you get a certificate after your second jab to say/prove you have been vaccinated? Or is this vaccine passport something you will have to apply for?

You get an NHS card stating date, which vaccine and which batch number(s) used. Had my first a couple of weeks back. Looking forward to my second and the freedom to travel. If I chose not to be vaccinated then it would be my choice not to be able to travel. It's as simple as that!

Curious to know what the ethical reason is. Simple you have a choice ..... if you’re refusing for anything other than medical reasons then you’re choosing not vaccinating over holidays abroad. "

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that..I was about to say something similar too. I am all for personal choice, all anti vaxxers are not the same, as some takes vaccines but just not the covid one based on their own research and yes I can see the society being even more divided than it is with brexit, a good saying is this one,dont take your freedom for granted, cos with one restriction it is easier to do more.

Then with that choice comes consequence ..... if the vaccine means society can open up then surely the people that are willing to take that risk deserve to reap the benefits of that rather than the people that ‘didn’t want to risk it’ but are willing to let others take it for their own gain? It’s a no brainer really this isn’t going away so we need to take risks to stop it. If you’re not prepare to do that then restrictions may still be in place."

Exactly this! Did any of us really want the vaccine? Have something injected into our body that has only been around less than a year? No, probably not but we weighed up the pros and cons, we took the risk. For those who “choose” not to take that risk and as a result are restricted doing certain things because of it then I’m afraid it’s tough. Nobody wanted this! I hope there is some kind of passport.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Paul's had a vaccine card for years.

No issues.

No vaccine stamp, no entry into country.

TBH very few countries give it more than a quick glance.

South

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that..I was about to say something similar too. I am all for personal choice, all anti vaxxers are not the same, as some takes vaccines but just not the covid one based on their own research and yes I can see the society being even more divided than it is with brexit, a good saying is this one,dont take your freedom for granted, cos with one restriction it is easier to do more.

Then with that choice comes consequence ..... if the vaccine means society can open up then surely the people that are willing to take that risk deserve to reap the benefits of that rather than the people that ‘didn’t want to risk it’ but are willing to let others take it for their own gain? It’s a no brainer really this isn’t going away so we need to take risks to stop it. If you’re not prepare to do that then restrictions may still be in place.

Exactly this! Did any of us really want the vaccine? Have something injected into our body that has only been around less than a year? No, probably not but we weighed up the pros and cons, we took the risk. For those who “choose” not to take that risk and as a result are restricted doing certain things because of it then I’m afraid it’s tough. Nobody wanted this! I hope there is some kind of passport. "

Exactly .... for the greater good.

in Lancashire

Curious to know what the ethical reason is. Simple you have a choice ..... if you’re refusing for anything other than medical reasons then you’re choosing not vaccinating over holidays abroad. "

Perhaps ethical isn't the right word, was thinking that there are people who prefer alternatives like homeopathic etc..

in Lancashire

Choosing not to vaccinate is risking this never ending so yeah I demonise them I’m sick of staying indoors. "

Tbh I can relate to the latter point but demonising people isn't the best way to convince those who are undecided, there's been many people unsure who get lumped together with the tiny minority who are simply saying no not having it..

By all means vent if that helps but it's only likely to get the same responses..

in Lancashire

Anti vaxxers are allowed their beliefs but a lot of them make such a big deal about it and try to foist their opinion on everyone else "

The last point given some of the language used in this thread is a tad ironic without saying your part of that..

in Lancashire

"I'm having the vaccine to help to protect those who cannot have it for health reasons. Don't you feel a responsibility to help protect those who are vulnerable? "

Ditto..

And why we are both volunteering to assist in the process..

Has this thread been moved? I don’t go on the virus forum!

By *ixieUKMan  over a year ago

MORDEN

Demonising each other in this issue is part of divide and conquer, it serves only that..I was about to say something similar too. I am all for personal choice, all anti vaxxers are not the same, as some takes vaccines but just not the covid one based on their own research and yes I can see the society being even more divided than it is with brexit, a good saying is this one,dont take your freedom for granted, cos with one restriction it is easier to do more."

Hear Hear

Curious to know what the ethical reason is. Simple you have a choice ..... if you’re refusing for anything other than medical reasons then you’re choosing not vaccinating over holidays abroad.

Perhaps ethical isn't the right word, was thinking that there are people who prefer alternatives like homeopathic etc.."

Flat Earthers maybe.....?

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Well our household will be vaccinated twice within the next 8 weeks so I really don't give one if restrictions come in for non-vaccinated travel.

Only people I'll feel sorry for will be those who want it but haven't been able to get it by then and people who medically can't have it.

The rest, well that's their choice

Has anyone read about the Green Certificate? Or like the OP jumping the gun.

You don’t need a vaccine, a test will do. Also (yes it may take sometime still) but it will come to an end when the WHO agrees the Health emergency has ended.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The Eu is introducing it for movement in there own countries a good move.

Also why gigital?Many do not have smartphones need other methods of people having this proof should be in passport possibly Great idea, make anyone entering the UK pay for a pre approved digital passport, also aids in tracking them while they are here."

An imprint in there passport that is all then let them enjoy are beautifull country.

Other countries the same

By *hoco DMan  over a year ago

Clapham

lol this sounds like auto criticism to me, you not see some of the comments in this post

"But....

How many of us will have the second jab in time which is the requirement for the passport, I will be lucky to have 1 by July let alone 2 and all the families with different ages."

then we just have to wait a little longer - i will be in one of those last groups too

the way i see it is the travel industry has been decimated this last year.

while countries might be happy to accept people from anywhere to get the money in as soon as possible, the travel industry are probably thinking a bit more long term how can they make sure they don’t end up with the travel industry closed again and one sure fire way for that to happen would be mutations - if they refuse to take people unless vaccinated then they wont be responsible for any further spreading between countries that happens and it protects them a little from full shut down again

cant really blame them tbh

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

"Antivaxers are plonkers! Get it done, and be free."

If the jabs that safe why you bothered about those that refuse the jab??

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Well currently across the EU the average is something like 10% of the adult population has been vaccinated. And at their rate of progress there won't be many people allowed to travel any time soon. That's fine and that's their issue. For us as someone said earlier... Let's ensure anyone arriving has one and that we can track and trace anyone entering the country via their digital device..which are now ubiquitous.

And then let's update the foreign office travel bulletins with the covid status of each country and people can judge if they want to travel to a country with a low vaccination rate or whatever the covid situation may be.

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Another conspiracy theory that has become reality. Those pesky tin hatters

You don’t need to be vaccinated. If you have not had the vaccine you can have a test.

Tin town

"Antivaxers are plonkers! Get it done, and be free.

If the jabs that safe why you bothered about those that refuse the jab?? "

Well... Imagine the jab is like a speed attenuation on a car...an analogy of course and relies on the assumption that the faster you go... The more dangerous and frequent are any road collisions... If you have the jab you can only go at 25 miles an hour... At 25 miles an hour you are less likely to have a collision and if you do... It is not likely to be lethal, and any damage will be small. Now imagine someone who hasn't had the jab and who can travel at any speed.... entering the round about at 70mph.. They are using a shared resource... And will depend on their ability to dodge others... Sometimes they will collide with others.. At high speed and will be more likely to have a collision and when they do... Well the damage will be more severe..... So if we all have the jab... We are all safer from colliding in the first place and any damage is less. Not a great analogy but might help you understand how we all have a responsibility to eachothers safety.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"You don’t need to be vaccinated. If you have not had the vaccine you can have a test. "

That’s not what the EU are saying now. The suggestion is that only those with a vaccine passport will be allowed to travel across borders once the passport is in place. Who knows, but I can’t see the EU allowing visitors from outside of the EU without meeting the same requirements.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

If the jabs that safe why you bothered about those that refuse the jab??

Well... Imagine the jab is like a speed attenuation on a car...an analogy of course and relies on the assumption that the faster you go... The more dangerous and frequent are any road collisions... If you have the jab you can only go at 25 miles an hour... At 25 miles an hour you are less likely to have a collision and if you do... It is not likely to be lethal, and any damage will be small. Now imagine someone who hasn't had the jab and who can travel at any speed.... entering the round about at 70mph.. They are using a shared resource... And will depend on their ability to dodge others... Sometimes they will collide with others.. At high speed and will be more likely to have a collision and when they do... Well the damage will be more severe..... So if we all have the jab... We are all safer from colliding in the first place and any damage is less. Not a great analogy but might help you understand how we all have a responsibility to eachothers safety. "

Thats got to be the most utterly bonkers analogy I've ever heard

Warwick

"I have had my first jab 2nd on 6th June. If jt means I can travel and get out of this god awful country for a week or so. Tha week or so thanks very much "

I agree, you will need to have had both vaccines and a period for the second to become effective before you can travel though if the EU vaccine passport comes in.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Another conspiracy theory that has become reality. Those pesky tin hatters "

I don't think this was ever a theory...it was always on the cards.

Warwick

"Another conspiracy theory that has become reality. Those pesky tin hatters

I don't think this was ever a theory...it was always on the cards."

Anyone who thought this wasn’t going to happen was very naive. There have always been requirements to prove vaccination for certain illnesses such as yellow fever. Why would COVID be any different?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If the jabs that safe why you bothered about those that refuse the jab?? "

Because not everyone can be vaccinated, and not everyone who is vaccinated will be protected. And if enough people aren't vaccinated we're at risk of variants.

So those who refuse the jab might not threaten me, but they might kill Paul who has cancer and just wants a pint with his mates, or Gwen who's otherwise healthy but (unbeknownst to her) is one of the unlucky ones where the jab didn't work.

Or if we're really lucky, you might be reservoirs of variant producers, and then we're all back in lockdown until there's a new jab for the new vaccine.

"You don’t need to be vaccinated. If you have not had the vaccine you can have a test.

That’s not what the EU are saying now. The suggestion is that only those with a vaccine passport will be allowed to travel across borders once the passport is in place. Who knows, but I can’t see the EU allowing visitors from outside of the EU without meeting the same requirements."

No that’s what they are saying. Not sure what you have read. But again it’s saying vaccine or test.

“The Commission have highlighted that this will benefit both those who have been vaccinated and those who have antibodies or a recent negative test“

"May be a stupid question, but do you get a certificate after your second jab to say/prove you have been vaccinated? Or is this vaccine passport something you will have to apply for?

"

We don't know yet is the simple answer lots of ideas are being floated about though so I am sure they will come up with something.

"You don’t need to be vaccinated. If you have not had the vaccine you can have a test. "

A lot of EU countries have now changed their stance on this.

It's looking exceptionally lightly you will not be able to travel if you have not had both vaccinations by the time you travel.

By *w79Man  over a year ago

Stalbridge

Hopefully there will be some fakes about soon.

That the relavent authorities know about.

When it's presented at a customs/border check point by the irresponsible idiots that purchase them they are dragged off.

Put them in solitary confinement with no sleep for 48 hours.

Fine them heavily.

Give them a criminal record for possession of forged documents & publicly name & shame them.

By *heekybrummiemonkeysCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 17/03/21 19:14:04]

Birmingham

"You don’t need to be vaccinated. If you have not had the vaccine you can have a test.

It's looking exceptionally lightly you will not be able to travel if you have not had both vaccinations by the time you travel. "

Source? Reports I’ve read say negative test or vaccine or antibodies. Greece confirmed this last week too. And turkey don’t even care about a test from what I read.

The only company saying vaccine is a must is P&O as far as I can see.

Birmingham

That’s not what the EU are saying now. The suggestion is that only those with a vaccine passport will be allowed to travel across borders once the passport is in place. Who knows, but I can’t see the EU allowing visitors from outside of the EU without meeting the same requirements.

No that’s what they are saying. Not sure what you have read. But again it’s saying vaccine or test.

“The Commission have highlighted that this will benefit both those who have been vaccinated and those who have antibodies or a recent negative test“"

This is correct. I’ve been Googling and can’t see at all where any EU country, except Cyprus, require vaccination. All others offer a test as an alternative and the EU digital green pass incorporates tests, vaccines or antibodies.

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

It's looking exceptionally lightly you will not be able to travel if you have not had both vaccinations by the time you travel. "

Not sure which countries you are referring to, but that's what European commission is proposing :

"All people – vaccinated and non-vaccinated – should benefit from a Digital Green Certificate when travelling in the EU. To prevent discrimination against individuals who are not vaccinated, the Commission proposes to create not only an interoperable vaccination certificate, but also COVID-19 test certificates and certificates for persons who have recovered from COVID-19"

"Another conspiracy theory that has become reality. Those pesky tin hatters "

I got ridiculed a year ago when I said vaccine passports ID would be on the way.

C ertificate

O f

V accination

I

D

Manchester (she/her)

I got ridiculed a year ago when I said vaccine passports ID would be on the way.

C ertificate

O f

V accination

I

D"

Coronavirus virus disease 2019, per WHO, but have fun

C ertificate

O f

V accination

I

D

Coronavirus virus disease 2019, per WHO, but have fun "

That would be CVD-19

Manchester (she/her)

C ertificate

O f

V accination

I

D

That would be CVD-19"

If you look for it, they explicitly say Co coronavirus, Vi vírus, D disease.

Sorry about, like, the facts and stuff.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

plus if you're under 50, you got to wait a while to get vaccination

It's looking exceptionally lightly you will not be able to travel if you have not had both vaccinations by the time you travel.

Source? Reports I’ve read say negative test or vaccine or antibodies. Greece confirmed this last week too. And turkey don’t even care about a test from what I read.

The only company saying vaccine is a must is P&O as far as I can see."

The BBC and sky news websites have both reported this as im sure many others have too.

Also saga have made it compulsory as have Turkey and Greece as countries and this is just the start.

C ertificate

O f

V accination

I

D

That would be CVD-19

Sorry about, like, the facts and stuff."

Apology accepted, the initials spell out CVD.

Or if you're taking the first two letters from each word, it's COVIDI.

COVID is Certificate Of Vaccination ID.

The BBC and sky news websites have both reported this as im sure many others have too.

Also saga have made it compulsory as have Turkey and Greece as countries and this is just the start."

But the news tonight have said vaccine and non vaccine are to be welcomed.

I’ll stick to the local news and not the Uk news.

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Also saga have made it compulsory as have Turkey and Greece as countries and this is just the start."

Can't be bothered to look at what BBC and Sky are reporting, but do yourself a favor and look at the official European commission website for what they are proposing: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_1181

People who still believe vaccine will be the only free pass to travel are simply deluded.

Is it travel companies or airlines that are insisting on it if it's the latter one then my money will be staying in england

Bristol

"Is it travel companies or airlines that are insisting on it if it's the latter one then my money will be staying in england "

My money will stay in the U.K. anyway even more so now we have seen the EU in all its glory

Manchester (she/her)

C ertificate

O f

V accination

I

D

That would be CVD-19

"

The explanation from the WHO is the facts.

The fact you can make an acronym is cool too, though, if that's your kink.

Birmingham

Turkey and Greece have not made it compulsory. Greece have said vax or negative test. Turkey have said neither! No idea where you’re getting your info from.

Im not an anti-vaxer at all, I genuinely believe there is a need for vaccines and as we have seen in history they saved millions.

But....

At this point I dont feel the need to have the Covid vaccine. Sorry I know its a controversial thing to say.

But I feel its something I dont urgently need, covid has a 97% rate, the vaccine does not guarantee to save you. So im in no rush. That's not to say I will NEVER get it.

I dont believe in covid passports and don't think I should not be allowed to travel because of it either.

Covid will be with us for ever, we will just learn to live with it, just like flu and all the other viruses.

Apologies if this upsets anyone, just wanted to share my view.

Birmingham

Also saga have made it compulsory as have Turkey and Greece as countries and this is just the start.

Can't be bothered to look at what BBC and Sky are reporting, but do yourself a favor and look at the official European commission website for what they are proposing: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_1181

People who still believe vaccine will be the only free pass to travel are simply deluded. "

Correct. No idea where they get their info from.

C ertificate

O f

V accination

I

D

That would be CVD-19

The explanation from the WHO is the facts.

The fact you can make an acronym is cool too, though, if that's your kink."

You're still believing everything the disgraced WHO tells you, that's so adorable.

Manchester (she/her)

Tin town

"May be a stupid question, but do you get a certificate after your second jab to say/prove you have been vaccinated? Or is this vaccine passport something you will have to apply for?

We don't know yet is the simple answer lots of ideas are being floated about though so I am sure they will come up with something. "

Like a Costa coffee loyalty card... Get the card stamped twice and you can go to Greece...

Manchester (she/her)

We don't know yet is the simple answer lots of ideas are being floated about though so I am sure they will come up with something.

Like a Costa coffee loyalty card... Get the card stamped twice and you can go to Greece... "

Tin town

"plus if you're under 50, you got to wait a while to get vaccination "

Yeah can't have those "youngens" travelling and screwing it up...

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

People who still believe vaccine will be the only free pass to travel are simply deluded.

Correct. No idea where they get their info from."

The BBC and Sky

The vaccine won’t be necessary to travel - because the majority of Northern Europe haven’t been and won’t be vaccinated this year. The likes of Greece, Turkey, Spain et al being able to survive another year without German, Scandinavian and British tourists are nil. Hence why other options are up for discussion.

Tin town

The BBC and Sky

The vaccine won’t be necessary to travel - because the majority of Northern Europe haven’t been and won’t be vaccinated this year. The likes of Greece, Turkey, Spain et al being able to survive another year without German, Scandinavian and British tourists are nil. Hence why other options are up for discussion. "

It couldn't be that money talks could it?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Lets hope the government doesn't cave in to the travel industry if its not safe abroad this year. I for one dont want another winter like this one for the sake of a holiday abroad.

Manchester (she/her)

"Lets hope the government doesn't cave in to the travel industry if its not safe abroad this year. I for one dont want another winter like this one for the sake of a holiday abroad."

Yup. It's not worth the local destruction because some people want to go on a jolly

Tin town

"Lets hope the government doesn't cave in to the travel industry if its not safe abroad this year. I for one dont want another winter like this one for the sake of a holiday abroad."

I'm not sure the govt cave to industries... So much as cave to people power... You only have to start a twitter or insta campaign and they change policy as quickly as anything... So if the "people" clamour loud enough for their overseas holiday...

Lo and behold...travel corridors will open up.

Can anyone explain how... If overseas travel is banned until mid May... How it is that Mauritius has just been added to the green list? Surely everywhere is on the red list of travel is banned?

Manchester (she/her)

"Lets hope the government doesn't cave in to the travel industry if its not safe abroad this year. I for one dont want another winter like this one for the sake of a holiday abroad.

I'm not sure the govt cave to industries... So much as cave to people power... You only have to start a twitter or insta campaign and they change policy as quickly as anything... So if the "people" clamour loud enough for their overseas holiday...

Can anyone explain how... If overseas travel is banned until mid May... How it is that Mauritius has just been added to the green list? Surely everywhere is on the red list of travel is banned? "

I don't know, but maybe they're saying "these places look safe at the moment" versus "these places are definitely not safe at the moment".

Tin town

"Lets hope the government doesn't cave in to the travel industry if its not safe abroad this year. I for one dont want another winter like this one for the sake of a holiday abroad.

Can anyone explain how... If overseas travel is banned until mid May... How it is that Mauritius has just been added to the green list? Surely everywhere is on the red list of travel is banned?

I don't know, but maybe they're saying "these places look safe at the moment" versus "these places are definitely not safe at the moment"."

But you still can't go for at least another 2 months anyway... By When the situation may very well have changed... Let's have a look at what you could've done!

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Can anyone explain how... If overseas travel is banned until mid May... How it is that Mauritius has just been added to the green list? Surely everywhere is on the red list of travel"

The red and green countries are for business and essential travel purposes. It simply means if you come back from a red country; 2 weeks in a hotel near the airport. If you come back from a green country you go home or into a hotel of your own choosing.

Manchester (she/her)

I don't know, but maybe they're saying "these places look safe at the moment" versus "these places are definitely not safe at the moment".

But you still can't go for at least another 2 months anyway... By When the situation may very well have changed... Let's have a look at what you could've done! "

It's the only thing that makes sense to me, although I'm not saying it makes sense.

Alternatively, maybe it's "this is the level of quarantine/surveillance required for people returning from those countries"? (As the right of UK citizens and residents remains)

Tin town

But you still can't go for at least another 2 months anyway... By When the situation may very well have changed... Let's have a look at what you could've done!

It's the only thing that makes sense to me, although I'm not saying it makes sense.

Alternatively, maybe it's "this is the level of quarantine/surveillance required for people returning from those countries"? (As the right of UK citizens and residents remains)"

But...

Air travel is banned right? I mean it says so... And has been for months..

If its banned its banned...

Or is it really partially banned unless you're flying in from the green list countries... Or if its a red list country you need to go into a hotel isolation for 10 days ... But its banned....

Or is it... Its banned... But we know the airlines and some people will ignore the ban.... So if you're one of those... Here are some rules

.. You can also choose to ignore...

Manchester (she/her)

Alternatively, maybe it's "this is the level of quarantine/surveillance required for people returning from those countries"? (As the right of UK citizens and residents remains)

But...

Air travel is banned right? I mean it says so... And has been for months..

If its banned its banned...

Or is it really partially banned unless you're flying in from the green list countries... Or if its a red list country you need to go into a hotel isolation for 10 days ... But its banned....

Or is it... Its banned... But we know the airlines and some people will ignore the ban.... So if you're one of those... Here are some rules

.. You can also choose to ignore... "

It's banned except for essential purposes and citizens/residents returning. They have rules.

(I don't it's necessarily illogical to have a scale of risk even if no travel is allowed - both for the exceptions and so the system is up and running when the rule is relaxed)

Turkey and Greece have not made it compulsory. Greece have said vax or negative test. Turkey have said neither! No idea where you’re getting your info from."

Actually Greece has said vaccine or quarantine.

Correct. No idea where they get their info from."

The BBC plus I have had a look at the latest travel information on the government website.

The BBC and Sky

The vaccine won’t be necessary to travel - because the majority of Northern Europe haven’t been and won’t be vaccinated this year. The likes of Greece, Turkey, Spain et al being able to survive another year without German, Scandinavian and British tourists are nil. Hence why other options are up for discussion. "

I'm not sure why you feel the need to find it funny they are reputable news sources as is the UK government website which is where I got this information.

I am not making this up and ss several travel companies have said it will be a requirement of booking so it really doesn't matter what individual countries say.

Birmingham

Turkey and Greece have not made it compulsory. Greece have said vax or negative test. Turkey have said neither! No idea where you’re getting your info from.

Actually Greece has said vaccine or quarantine. "

No the quarantine (in force at present) will stop when the tourism starts. Negative test or vaccine will allow you to holiday in Greece without quarantine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL8N2L73WC

Birmingham

The BBC and Sky

The vaccine won’t be necessary to travel - because the majority of Northern Europe haven’t been and won’t be vaccinated this year. The likes of Greece, Turkey, Spain et al being able to survive another year without German, Scandinavian and British tourists are nil. Hence why other options are up for discussion.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to find it funny they are reputable news sources as is the UK government website which is where I got this information.

I am not making this up and ss several travel companies have said it will be a requirement of booking so it really doesn't matter what individual countries say. "

Only saga and p&o cruises. No one else. Tui are happy with negative tests.

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 17/03/21 21:40:09]

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect that things will continue to evolve, and many companies are waiting to see how the market and opinions are shaping up.

The BBC and Sky

I am not making this up and ss several travel companies have said it will be a requirement of booking so it really doesn't matter what individual countries say.

I think, if you’re looking at the government website, you’re looking at the current requirements, as opposed to the requirements once tourism travel abroad opens after 17 May. Negative tests will suffice everywhere except Cyprus at present. And every company except saga and P&O"

Yes I am looking at the current guidelines and thats all any of us should be doing right now for reliable information because everything else is basically speculation until it happens.

"I suspect that things will continue to evolve, and many companies are waiting to see how the market and opinions are shaping up."

Definitely.

Birmingham

The BBC and Sky

I think, if you’re looking at the government website, you’re looking at the current requirements, as opposed to the requirements once tourism travel abroad opens after 17 May. Negative tests will suffice everywhere except Cyprus at present. And every company except saga and P&O

Yes I am looking at the current guidelines and thats all any of us should be doing right now for reliable information because everything else is basically speculation until it happens."

The EU made a statement today on how they’re working the negative tests and vaccines, it’s honestly not speculation. Also Greece and Turkey tourism ministers have made statements. People will get able to travel with a negative test.

The BBC and Sky

I think, if you’re looking at the government website, you’re looking at the current requirements, as opposed to the requirements once tourism travel abroad opens after 17 May. Negative tests will suffice everywhere except Cyprus at present. And every company except saga and P&O

Yes I am looking at the current guidelines and thats all any of us should be doing right now for reliable information because everything else is basically speculation until it happens.

The EU made a statement today on how they’re working the negative tests and vaccines, it’s honestly not speculation. Also Greece and Turkey tourism ministers have made statements. People will get able to travel with a negative test."

They want people to be able to travel there with a negative test but nothing has been confirmed and the UK hasn't said whether they will allow their citizens to travel to these countries so like I said it's all speculation so all any of us can do is go on current guidelines. Also these guidelines are for European Union citizens we are not European Union citizens.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I have had my first jab 2nd on 6th June. If jt means I can travel and get out of this god awful country for a week or so. Tha week or so thanks very much "

So is that not in fair on some one aged 17 how wants to travel as they will not get it till late this year at best I'm 53 and not had first yet so will be late in the year when I could travel.

Or will this now be something you can pay for and get both in side a month

"They said it would never happen! A few travel companies are now insisting on proof of vaccination. I wonder how many ‘antivaxers’ will now change their minds. "

I switch off from anyone using the 'antivaxer' term as you have done as it's divisive and demonstrates a clear lack of understanding as to why some choose not to for some very valid reasons. Only reason I can see is to cause division.

It does nothing to help or encourage some who are still unconvinced and there are many. Nearly 47% of French are choosing not to have it and I read nearly 40% of Germans say the same. Two very outspoken and influential countries in the EU.

"I have had my first jab 2nd on 6th June. If jt means I can travel and get out of this god awful country for a week or so. Tha week or so thanks very much

So is that not in fair on some one aged 17 how wants to travel as they will not get it till late this year at best I'm 53 and not had first yet so will be late in the year when I could travel.

Or will this now be something you can pay for and get both in side a month "

According to the update on BBC tonight, they are asking everyone over 50 to book an appointment as they are looking to move to the 40+ group soon.

"They said it would never happen! A few travel companies are now insisting on proof of vaccination. I wonder how many ‘antivaxers’ will now change their minds.

I switch off from anyone using the 'antivaxer' term as you have done as it's divisive and demonstrates a clear lack of understanding as to why some choose not to for some very valid reasons. Only reason I can see is to cause division.

It does nothing to help or encourage some who are still unconvinced and there are many. Nearly 47% of French are choosing not to have it and I read nearly 40% of Germans say the same. Two very outspoken and influential countries in the EU.

"

Quoting France isn't a good example, France has a historic background of vaccine hesitance (any vaccine) not just this one

"They said it would never happen! A few travel companies are now insisting on proof of vaccination. I wonder how many ‘antivaxers’ will now change their minds.

Quoting France isn't a good example, France has a historic background of vaccine hesitance (any vaccine) not just this one "

That in my mind makes it therefore a good group to quote as it gives an indicator for others wouldn't you say? People who have caution about having vaccines and antivaxers are not just about Covid vaccines so yes it is a very good measure in light of the OP.

Manchester (she/her)

Quoting France isn't a good example, France has a historic background of vaccine hesitance (any vaccine) not just this one

That in my mind makes it therefore a good group to quote as it gives an indicator for others wouldn't you say? People who have caution about having vaccines and antivaxers are not just about Covid vaccines so yes it is a very good measure in light of the OP."

To what extent does it apply to the UK?

That in my mind makes it therefore a good group to quote as it gives an indicator for others wouldn't you say? People who have caution about having vaccines and antivaxers are not just about Covid vaccines so yes it is a very good measure in light of the OP.

To what extent does it apply to the UK?"

Do we not receive tourists, do we not sent tourists? Germany and France are the main influencers over the water where most are thinking of traveling.

London is one of the world's busiest if not the busiest travel hubs.

I would be very cautious traveling to a country that has got a good successful vaccine rollout this coming year or two. I may be protected from severe reaction but I can still carry it and pass it on to someone who's isn't protected.

Manchester (she/her)

Do we not receive tourists, do we not sent tourists? Germany and France are the main influencers over the water where most are thinking of traveling.

I would be very cautious traveling to a country that has got a good successful vaccine rollout this coming year or two. I may be protected from severe reaction but I can still carry it and pass it on to someone who's isn't protected."

I'm not travelling anywhere, but I suspect individual cultures and legal systems will play pretty heavily into vaccine uptake.

Tin town

"I have had my first jab 2nd on 6th June. If jt means I can travel and get out of this god awful country for a week or so. Tha week or so thanks very much

Or will this now be something you can pay for and get both in side a month

According to the update on BBC tonight, they are asking everyone over 50 to book an appointment as they are looking to move to the 40+ group soon."

I see a gap in the market for holiday companies... Club 50 - 65

Birmingham

The BBC and Sky

The EU made a statement today on how they’re working the negative tests and vaccines, it’s honestly not speculation. Also Greece and Turkey tourism ministers have made statements. People will get able to travel with a negative test.

They want people to be able to travel there with a negative test but nothing has been confirmed and the UK hasn't said whether they will allow their citizens to travel to these countries so like I said it's all speculation so all any of us can do is go on current guidelines. Also these guidelines are for European Union citizens we are not European Union citizens."

It includes non EU tourists travelling to the EU.

Birmingham

Or will this now be something you can pay for and get both in side a month "

People will be able to travel with a negative test instead.

By *outhguyMan  over a year ago

London

"

This.

So it’s on sky news?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-digital-green-certificates-could-allow-britons-to-holiday-in-europe-this-summer-12249109

So it’s on sky news?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-digital-green-certificates-could-allow-britons-to-holiday-in-europe-this-summer-12249109"

Could being the operative word.

I would be very cautious traveling to a country that has got a good successful vaccine rollout this coming year or two. I may be protected from severe reaction but I can still carry it and pass it on to someone who's isn't protected.

I'm not travelling anywhere, but I suspect individual cultures and legal systems will play pretty heavily into vaccine uptake."

So maybe you should have asked to what extent does it apply to me then. I can't answer that.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

If anti vaxxers exist then vaxxers must also exist. Say the vaxxers go on a cruise. To New Zealand. All the vaxxers show the evidence of jabs. All the crew have had jabs. And have the evidence of this fact. All up to date En route to New Zealand crossing the Pacific Ocean a passenger develops Covid 19. Very quickly more passengers and crew contract Covid 19. Some die. The mortuary becomes full. Bodies have to be disposed of at sea. All the passengers have to be quarantined in their cabins. New Zealand refuses to allow the ship to dock. Australia refuses the cruise ship to dock. The nearest port that will accept the cruise liner is Mumbai in India. At the ship proceeds to Mumbai 33 percent of the passengers have contracted the disease. Many bodies are buried at sea. Hopefully this kind of scenario will never happen and that the jabs will protect the crew and passengers from contracting Covid 19 and it's derivatives.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

What about the ones that have to wait until July for the first jab let alone the second 12 weeks later. Your looking at October before the second jab at the earliest. How is that a fair system? Probably the ones that have worked all through too and deemed to be healthy enough to be thrown to the back of the list yet they will be left back at home while the rest of the population crack on with the big celebrations. I don't think it would go down well at all.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not travelling anywhere, but I suspect individual cultures and legal systems will play pretty heavily into vaccine uptake.

So maybe you should have asked to what extent does it apply to me then. I can't answer that."

No, what I mean is, we can't take examples of these countries to consider all of the policies in all the different countries.

Manchester (she/her)

"What about the ones that have to wait until July for the first jab let alone the second 12 weeks later. Your looking at October before the second jab at the earliest. How is that a fair system? Probably the ones that have worked all through too and deemed to be healthy enough to be thrown to the back of the list yet they will be left back at home while the rest of the population crack on with the big celebrations. I don't think it would go down well at all. "

Shit happens, life isn't always fair. Be grateful for your good health.

Manchester (she/her)

"If anti vaxxers exist then vaxxers must also exist. Say the vaxxers go on a cruise. To New Zealand. All the vaxxers show the evidence of jabs. All the crew have had jabs. And have the evidence of this fact. All up to date En route to New Zealand crossing the Pacific Ocean a passenger develops Covid 19. Very quickly more passengers and crew contract Covid 19. Some die. The mortuary becomes full. Bodies have to be disposed of at sea. All the passengers have to be quarantined in their cabins. New Zealand refuses to allow the ship to dock. Australia refuses the cruise ship to dock. The nearest port that will accept the cruise liner is Mumbai in India. At the ship proceeds to Mumbai 33 percent of the passengers have contracted the disease. Many bodies are buried at sea. Hopefully this kind of scenario will never happen and that the jabs will protect the crew and passengers from contracting Covid 19 and it's derivatives. "

Studies of population attitudes suggest vaxxers are at least 80% of the population. Hope this helps

By *losernow69Man  over a year ago

Melksham

But its ok to try and force your opinion on someone who has the opposite view?

Melksham

"If anti vaxxers exist then vaxxers must also exist. Say the vaxxers go on a cruise. To New Zealand. All the vaxxers show the evidence of jabs. All the crew have had jabs. And have the evidence of this fact. All up to date En route to New Zealand crossing the Pacific Ocean a passenger develops Covid 19. Very quickly more passengers and crew contract Covid 19. Some die. The mortuary becomes full. Bodies have to be disposed of at sea. All the passengers have to be quarantined in their cabins. New Zealand refuses to allow the ship to dock. Australia refuses the cruise ship to dock. The nearest port that will accept the cruise liner is Mumbai in India. At the ship proceeds to Mumbai 33 percent of the passengers have contracted the disease. Many bodies are buried at sea. Hopefully this kind of scenario will never happen and that the jabs will protect the crew and passengers from contracting Covid 19 and it's derivatives. "

That percentage has not happened anywhere in the world, why would it happen on a ship?

Or is this a new ocean going variant you have discovered?

Hancock & Whitty will be so pleased, they would have you all wear a snokel, mask and flippers in the shops to avoid it?

Kids only waterwings at school though.

Central

"What about the ones that have to wait until July for the first jab let alone the second 12 weeks later. Your looking at October before the second jab at the earliest. How is that a fair system? Probably the ones that have worked all through too and deemed to be healthy enough to be thrown to the back of the list yet they will be left back at home while the rest of the population crack on with the big celebrations. I don't think it would go down well at all. "

Your extreme analogy is cherry picking and ignores the benefits obtained from living within a country that is progressively becoming safer for all. We don't have the data to know when 1st and 2nd doses will have been accessed by all adults yet but do know that younger people without severe health complications, are much less likely to become severely ill or die from this virus. Conjecture on what is open and by when, as well as restrictions, are mere outlines but the data supports the country becoming increasingly safer for all of us. Whatever restrictions and overall risks, are nothing compared to what has been overcome and all benefit from this.

By *ev JamesMan  over a year ago

Newport

The European travel certificate asks for one of the following to allow you to travel,both vaccinations,a negative test or have had covid and you already have anti bodies.

The vaccine is not a magic wand,does not stop you catching covid ,does not stop you spreading covid,it stops You and you alone from being hospitalised.

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

But its ok to try and force your opinion on someone who has the opposite view?"

"Force your opinion" fucking hell mate, it's just people posting on a forum... hardly North Korean state brainwashing. If you are really worried about people's opinions being forced into your brain, there's always the option of making a tinfoil hat

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 18/03/21 11:31:27]

Manchester (she/her)

" The European travel certificate asks for one of the following to allow you to travel,both vaccinations,a negative test or have had covid and you already have anti bodies.

The vaccine is not a magic wand,does not stop you catching covid ,does not stop you spreading covid,it stops You and you alone from being hospitalised.

"

Fortunately studies are coming in showing that the vaccines slash transmission rates and some may even reduce asymptomatic infections.

Which is the same as many other vaccines.

And it's better than polio, which is approaching eradication.

So, totes useless for the community, these vaccines. Only better than a vaccine that might wipe a disease from the face of the earth.

Melksham

"What about the ones that have to wait until July for the first jab let alone the second 12 weeks later. Your looking at October before the second jab at the earliest. How is that a fair system? Probably the ones that have worked all through too and deemed to be healthy enough to be thrown to the back of the list yet they will be left back at home while the rest of the population crack on with the big celebrations. I don't think it would go down well at all.

Your extreme analogy is cherry picking and ignores the benefits obtained from living within a country that is progressively becoming safer for all. We don't have the data to know when 1st and 2nd doses will have been accessed by all adults yet but do know that younger people without severe health complications, are much less likely to become severely ill or die from this virus. Conjecture on what is open and by when, as well as restrictions, are mere outlines but the data supports the country becoming increasingly safer for all of us. Whatever restrictions and overall risks, are nothing compared to what has been overcome and all benefit from this. "

Will you be forcing children to have a jab so they can go on holiday with their parents?

Central

" The European travel certificate asks for one of the following to allow you to travel,both vaccinations,a negative test or have had covid and you already have anti bodies.

"

Incorrect. Refer to the evidence on reductions to infectivity and thus the benefits to a much broader group of people than the individual who is vaccinated.

Edinburgh

"Force your opinion" fucking hell mate, it's just people posting on a forum... hardly North Korean state brainwashing. If you are really worried about people's opinions being forced into your brain, there's always the option of making a tinfoil hat

Pissed myself, you should be on stage with material like that, so fucking original"

I was pretty happy with it, but it's not nearly as funny as some of the anti-vax idiocy going on in the world today. But as I said, all just chat on a forum. Fortunately out there in the real world, the sensible people outweigh the cranks and each vaccination is taking us a step closer to normality

Tin town

One of my first lessons at school... "life's not fair"

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"What about the ones that have to wait until July for the first jab let alone the second 12 weeks later. Your looking at October before the second jab at the earliest. How is that a fair system? Probably the ones that have worked all through too and deemed to be healthy enough to be thrown to the back of the list yet they will be left back at home while the rest of the population crack on with the big celebrations. I don't think it would go down well at all.

Your extreme analogy is cherry picking and ignores the benefits obtained from living within a country that is progressively becoming safer for all. We don't have the data to know when 1st and 2nd doses will have been accessed by all adults yet but do know that younger people without severe health complications, are much less likely to become severely ill or die from this virus. Conjecture on what is open and by when, as well as restrictions, are mere outlines but the data supports the country becoming increasingly safer for all of us. Whatever restrictions and overall risks, are nothing compared to what has been overcome and all benefit from this.

Will you be forcing children to have a jab so they can go on holiday with their parents?

"

As there is currently no SARS-CoV-2 vaccine licenced for child use, the answer would be "at present, no". However I am sure that as soon as a suitable vaccine becomes available, the covid jab will become a part of the normal child immunisations. The immunisations that have in this country helped make the death of a child the exception, instead of the previous near certainty that every family would have at least one child die or be severely disabled by measles, mumps, polio, rubella, diptheria, smallpox...

Tin town

"

They'll all be at compsory summer school to catch up what they haven't learned in the last year.... Pesky kids

Melksham

Pissed myself, you should be on stage with material like that, so fucking original

I was pretty happy with it, but it's not nearly as funny as some of the anti-vax idiocy going on in the world today. But as I said, all just chat on a forum. Fortunately out there in the real world, the sensible people outweigh the cranks and each vaccination is taking us a step closer to normality "

'vaccination is taking us a step closer to normality'

Pissed myself again, you are brilliant!

Hang on, were you being serious then?

Tin town

They'll all be at compsory summer school to catch up what they haven't learned in the last year.... Pesky kids"

So should I with spelling like that.. Compulsory!

Manchester (she/her)

"

So should I with spelling like that.. Compulsory! "

Melksham

As there is currently no SARS-CoV-2 vaccine licenced for child use, the answer would be "at present, no". However I am sure that as soon as a suitable vaccine becomes available, the covid jab will become a part of the normal child immunisations. The immunisations that have in this country helped make the death of a child the exception, instead of the previous near certainty that every family would have at least one child die or be severely disabled by measles, mumps, polio, rubella, diptheria, smallpox..."

More good chemicals and metals into childrens bodies, fantastic news. Maybe we will get a new variant of autism to go with it.

Edinburgh

Pissed myself, you should be on stage with material like that, so fucking original

I was pretty happy with it, but it's not nearly as funny as some of the anti-vax idiocy going on in the world today. But as I said, all just chat on a forum. Fortunately out there in the real world, the sensible people outweigh the cranks and each vaccination is taking us a step closer to normality

Hang on, were you being serious then?"

Yep - it's there to see in falling hospitalisation rates and the plans to open up society again... of course some continue to bury their heads in the sand and continue to live in fear of science and progress, believing they have some secret understanding of the world which sets them apart from the sheeple. It's a heady blend of solipsism, selfishness and cowardice that seems to appeal to some and leads to some startlingly hilarious examples of stupidity being bandied about. The funniest thing is these people seem to think they're displaying quite the opposite

Melksham

Yep - it's there to see in falling hospitalisation rates and the plans to open up society again... of course some continue to bury their heads in the sand and continue to live in fear of science and progress, believing they have some secret understanding of the world which sets them apart from the sheeple. It's a heady blend of solipsism, selfishness and cowardice that seems to appeal to some and leads to some startlingly hilarious examples of stupidity being bandied about. The funniest thing is these people seem to think they're displaying quite the opposite "

Well in a years time we will know who was right. By then we will have gone through another winter of lockdowns and no flu.

Will it be me looking for a post from you so I can ask you how you are getting on with Universal Basic Income, but there is no sign of you.

Or will you be looking for me so you can tell me how much you miss cash and how the latest variant has killed 10 people and a hamster in the UK so there is another lockdown. The other thing you wanted to tell me was how the NHS dance routines are even better than before!

Edinburgh

Yep - it's there to see in falling hospitalisation rates and the plans to open up society again... of course some continue to bury their heads in the sand and continue to live in fear of science and progress, believing they have some secret understanding of the world which sets them apart from the sheeple. It's a heady blend of solipsism, selfishness and cowardice that seems to appeal to some and leads to some startlingly hilarious examples of stupidity being bandied about. The funniest thing is these people seem to think they're displaying quite the opposite

Well in a years time we will know who was right. By then we will have gone through another winter of lockdowns and no flu.

Will it be me looking for a post from you so I can ask you how you are getting on with Universal Basic Income, but there is no sign of you.

Or will you be looking for me so you can tell me how much you miss cash and how the latest variant has killed 10 people and a hamster in the UK so there is another lockdown. The other thing you wanted to tell me was how the NHS dance routines are even better than before!"

How much I miss cash?!

Ah you've conflated a few nonsense arguments and conspiracies already so it's no surprise you'd pile in another.. it has made me chuckle though! I daresay in a year your profile will be gone. Maybe you'll have another one to distance yourself from opinions which time is destined to make a mockery of

Melksham

Or will you be looking for me so you can tell me how much you miss cash and how the latest variant has killed 10 people and a hamster in the UK so there is another lockdown. The other thing you wanted to tell me was how the NHS dance routines are even better than before!

How much I miss cash?!

Ah you've conflated a few nonsense arguments and conspiracies already so it's no surprise you'd pile in another.. it has made me chuckle though! I daresay in a year your profile will be gone. Maybe you'll have another one to distance yourself from opinions which time is destined to make a mockery of "

No mate, if I am wrong, I will put my hands up. Not sure how many of your lot will though.

Fuck, if I am right, you will not be able to.

Fortunately studies are coming in showing that the vaccines slash transmission rates and some may even reduce asymptomatic infections.

So, totes useless for the community, these vaccines. Only better than a vaccine that might wipe a disease from the face of the earth.

"

How can you compare Covid and Polio. World's apart in they way they are transmitted, their vaccines, the way it effects the body, one can mutate.

I'd have thought a more direct comparison is the flu if which there are many similarities for comparisons. We're waiting for the flu to be eradicated, which I doubt it will do because of the way it's transmitted and mutates. I think I've read that by those who know, they do not suggest that Covid will disappear but the opposit, it will be an ongoing battle much like the flu.

By *amelhunterMan  over a year ago

newcastle

this

Edinburgh

How much I miss cash?!

Ah you've conflated a few nonsense arguments and conspiracies already so it's no surprise you'd pile in another.. it has made me chuckle though! I daresay in a year your profile will be gone. Maybe you'll have another one to distance yourself from opinions which time is destined to make a mockery of

No mate, if I am wrong, I will put my hands up. Not sure how many of your lot will though.

Fuck, if I am right, you will not be able to."

Haha yeah, sure... if you're right I'll beg our supreme overlords Bill and Melinda Gates to release the mind control enough to allow me to hold my hands up and say I was wrong

Manchester (she/her)

How can you compare Covid and Polio. World's apart in they way they are transmitted, their vaccines, the way it effects the body, one can mutate.

I'd have thought a more direct comparison is the flu if which there are many similarities for comparisons. We're waiting for the flu to be eradicated, which I doubt it will do because of the way it's transmitted and mutates. I think I've read that by those who know, they do not suggest that Covid will disappear but the opposit, it will be an ongoing battle much like the flu. "

The question is whether the vaccine prevents infection and transmission.

Polio vaccines are explicitly known not to prevent infection, and indeed there are variants specifically transmitted through some of the older vaccines.

And yet, this significantly "worse" vaccine has led to a situation where polio only exists in two countries and is within touching distance of global eradication. Gone. Extinct except in labs.

I'm not comparing the disease of polio to the disease of Covid-19. I'm talking about the effectiveness and measures of success in vaccines.

The polio vaccines are worse - and polio is almost gone. So the Covid vaccines are failures because... dunno. Reasons

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not suggesting Covid will be eradicated, either. I'm suggesting that saying the vaccines don't help the community is beyond absurd at this point

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

If you are waiting for a global system it won’t happen. Who can travel where and when is based on so many factors, the individual destination countries rule, the individual airlines rules etc our own rules which no one can understand.... because there really any , hence the huge queues at Heathrow security gates this week . The BA passport in thier app is just a gimmick, it lets you tick a box to say you had a vaccine. I just ticked it .... I have a BA travel passport woo hoo , I still get swabbed though on entry and exit

Melksham

How much I miss cash?!

Haha yeah, sure... if you're right I'll beg our supreme overlords Bill and Melinda Gates to release the mind control enough to allow me to hold my hands up and say I was wrong "

You think they would release it?

Central

How much I miss cash?!

Fuck, if I am right, you will not be able to."

Fanciful notions of how an unknowm entity may behave, when the intelligent approach is to focus on the scientific evidence here and now, continuing to do what is most pertinent, based on the clear evidence. You have an ideological point that you seem determined to make. The best points are made by the scientific method and the plethora of sound research.

Melksham

How much I miss cash?!

Fanciful notions of how an unknowm entity may behave, when the intelligent approach is to focus on the scientific evidence here and now, continuing to do what is most pertinent, based on the clear evidence. You have an ideological point that you seem determined to make. The best points are made by the scientific method and the plethora of sound research. "

Whose scientific evidence are you listening to?

Central

As there is currently no SARS-CoV-2 vaccine licenced for child use, the answer would be "at present, no". However I am sure that as soon as a suitable vaccine becomes available, the covid jab will become a part of the normal child immunisations. The immunisations that have in this country helped make the death of a child the exception, instead of the previous near certainty that every family would have at least one child die or be severely disabled by measles, mumps, polio, rubella, diptheria, smallpox...

More good chemicals and metals into childrens bodies, fantastic news. Maybe we will get a new variant of autism to go with it."

That old ASD trope, the antivaccer favourite, driven by the discredited, struck off former health worker. Stoop to that level and it's clear that there's nothing of any valid substance forthcoming. That single trope has caused huge danger and suffering and deserves to be consigned to history. This highlights the essential need to be driven by facts and clear scientific evidence.

Melksham

More good chemicals and metals into childrens bodies, fantastic news. Maybe we will get a new variant of autism to go with it.

That old ASD trope, the antivaccer favourite, driven by the discredited, struck off former health worker. Stoop to that level and it's clear that there's nothing of any valid substance forthcoming. That single trope has caused huge danger and suffering and deserves to be consigned to history. This highlights the essential need to be driven by facts and clear scientific evidence. "

This sounds like a BBC narrative.

Central

How much I miss cash?!

Fanciful notions of how an unknowm entity may behave, when the intelligent approach is to focus on the scientific evidence here and now, continuing to do what is most pertinent, based on the clear evidence. You have an ideological point that you seem determined to make. The best points are made by the scientific method and the plethora of sound research.

Whose scientific evidence are you listening to?"

The respected, scientific journals are the accepted forum for publication of credible research evidence. Moving outside of the renowned literature is fruitless. The scientific process is to be pursued, as the recognised standard across the world.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

ultimately everything around holidaying abroad will depend on how capitalist tour operators, governments, hoteliers etc are and wether they can resist their natural instincts by turning customers and their money away.

Central

That old ASD trope, the antivaccer favourite, driven by the discredited, struck off former health worker. Stoop to that level and it's clear that there's nothing of any valid substance forthcoming. That single trope has caused huge danger and suffering and deserves to be consigned to history. This highlights the essential need to be driven by facts and clear scientific evidence.

"

You'll find Big Black Cock, the fab BBC, in other forum areas. The UK broadcaster is outside of the scope of the scientific literature. I suggest that comments not derived or about such reputable journals discontinue, as it's off topic, away from the core debate, upon how we continue to progress against this catastrophic virus, thank you.

Melksham

How much I miss cash?!

Whose scientific evidence are you listening to?

The respected, scientific journals are the accepted forum for publication of credible research evidence. Moving outside of the renowned literature is fruitless. The scientific process is to be pursued, as the recognised standard across the world. "

Which journals and what articles have the credible research evidence as I would like to read them too.

Melksham

You'll find Big Black Cock, the fab BBC, in other forum areas. The UK broadcaster is outside of the scope of the scientific literature. I suggest that comments not derived or about such reputable journals discontinue, as it's off topic, away from the core debate, upon how we continue to progress against this catastrophic virus, thank you. "

Catastrophic -

Involving or causing sudden great damage or suffering.

I would say its not the virus that is catastrophic as it has killed 0.2% of the UK population (if government figures are to be believed), but the carnage caused to the country by lockdowns.

Melksham

You'll find Big Black Cock, the fab BBC, in other forum areas. The UK broadcaster is outside of the scope of the scientific literature. I suggest that comments not derived or about such reputable journals discontinue, as it's off topic, away from the core debate, upon how we continue to progress against this catastrophic virus, thank you. "

Are you saying the BBC is reputable at the same time as avoiding the question on journals?

Or is the BBC your source material?

Leave your black cock fantasies on the back burner for now

Central

You'll find Big Black Cock, the fab BBC, in other forum areas. The UK broadcaster is outside of the scope of the scientific literature. I suggest that comments not derived or about such reputable journals discontinue, as it's off topic, away from the core debate, upon how we continue to progress against this catastrophic virus, thank you.

Are you saying the BBC is reputable at the same time as avoiding the question on journals?

Or is the BBC your source material?

Leave your black cock fantasies on the back burner for now"

I won't reply further, as it's at a tangent to the core forum focus. The recognised scientific journals will be those publications that are the credible forum for research evidence publication. Anyone remaining uncertain about what that means, can spend a little time to inform themselves.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I have said it all along .. those who have / will get the jab are going to want those who do not/ wont / refuse etc will need to be able to prove to everyone they are safe .. without that proof they will be pushed out and denied certain luxuries and priveleges everyone else gets .

Slowly but surely our society and how we manage what we do in it will change.

Just to add before anyone else ju8mps in . I am including the people who ' can not ' have the vaccine for health reasons. As unfair as it sounds they will also need to be considered as a threat until such time as a suitable vaccine for their health issues etc is developed. Why not! we exclude people with other things top protect ourselves so why not this?

Post lockdown I guarantee I wont be only person wary of who I'm with , where I go and how close physically I am in public /in the same place as people who can not show they have had a vaccination. Holidays particularly. I really hope we have a way of getting people to prove they are either vaccinated or Covid free before they leave the country or even the county they live in. I am more than happy to carry some sort of proof of good health and everyone else should too

Melksham

I have said it all along .. those who have / will get the jab are going to want those who do not/ wont / refuse etc will need to be able to prove to everyone they are safe .. without that proof they will be pushed out and denied certain luxuries and priveleges everyone else gets .

Just to add before anyone else ju8mps in . I am including the people who ' can not ' have the vaccine for health reasons. As unfair as it sounds they will also need to be considered as a threat until such time as a suitable vaccine for their health issues etc is developed. Why not! we exclude people with other things top protect ourselves so why not this?

Post lockdown I guarantee I wont be only person wary of who I'm with , where I go and how close physically I am in public /in the same place as people who can not show they have had a vaccination. Holidays particularly. I really hope we have a way of getting people to prove they are either vaccinated or Covid free before they leave the country or even the county they live in. I am more than happy to carry some sort of proof of good health and everyone else should too

"

If your super jab works, why would you be worried who you are standing next to?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

If your super jab works, why would you be worried who you are standing next to?"

On a personal level because the vaccine is not a cure it is to prevent the old, weak and at risk members of our society from getting .. well.. ' dead' . So thats a good reason to take it :/

Also I would have a pretty dim view of anyone who called themselves a member of the human race who was not willing to contribute to do anything to look after its future survival. So that's my I am likely to be pretty outspoken about that wtiao too which will no doubt bring its own problems

On a biological/physical level I would find it difficult to feel comfortable in an environment where other people were not ' safe' ..its a bit like sitting on a seat someone has spilt a drink on ..looks okay at first and then its horrible simple as that

On a psychological level my head would not feel comfortable knowing someone near me was potentially unsafe and it wouldn't take me long to fall out with them over it ..

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

More good chemicals and metals into childrens bodies, fantastic news. Maybe we will get a new variant of autism to go with it."

Those good chemicals and metals going into childrens bodies are one of the reasons why in this country now, most families can expect all their children to live to become adults. Why childhood death is the exception and a tragedy that gets reported in the news, rather than being the norm.

As recently as my grandparents generation, almost every family lost at least one child either in childbirth or through childhood illness. My mother lost one of her sisters at the age of 14 through a common illness. This was not unusual. The unusual was to find any family in the village that had not lost at least one child, cousin, parent, sibling from diseases that are now virtually unknown. Vaccines and antibiotics are the two pronged miracle of medicine that have been the main cause of average life expectancy increasing by 35 years over the last century.

I wonder how many of the vaccine deniers posting in these forums would actually have lived long enough to be doing so if they themselves had not been advantaged by the reduction of these diseases through vaccination programmes (giving benefit to the whole society through the herd immunity process even if they themselves did not receive a vaccine)? Given that the death of one in three children was very common, I suggest that the answer is that 30% of the voices within this very thread would have died before puberty. They would not be posting comments on a "sex site". They would never in fact have even reached the age to experience sex...

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Catastrophic -

I would say its not the virus that is catastrophic as it has killed 0.2% of the UK population (if government figures are to be believed), but the carnage caused to the country by lockdowns.

Manchester (she/her)

"Catastrophic -

"

Do you have a dictionary where "carnage" means "prevention of greater death and disability"? Because that's not what the word means. You've been sold a dud, I'm afraid.

I'd have thought a more direct comparison is the flu if which there are many similarities for comparisons. We're waiting for the flu to be eradicated, which I doubt it will do because of the way it's transmitted and mutates. I think I've read that by those who know, they do not suggest that Covid will disappear but the opposit, it will be an ongoing battle much like the flu.

Polio vaccines are explicitly known not to prevent infection, and indeed there are variants specifically transmitted through some of the older vaccines.

And yet, this significantly "worse" vaccine has led to a situation where polio only exists in two countries and is within touching distance of global eradication. Gone. Extinct except in labs.

I'm not comparing the disease of polio to the disease of Covid-19. I'm talking about the effectiveness and measures of success in vaccines.

The polio vaccines are worse - and polio is almost gone. So the Covid vaccines are failures because... dunno. Reasons "

But you did clearly compare. Where have I suggested or implied the Covid vaccine is a failure?

Where have I said it is worse?

It would seem your arguments are falling on deaf ears because they're leveled at the wrong audience.

Manchester (she/her)

The polio vaccines are worse - and polio is almost gone. So the Covid vaccines are failures because... dunno. Reasons

But you did clearly compare. Where have I suggested or implied the Covid vaccine is a failure?

Where have I said it is worse?

It would seem your arguments are falling on deaf ears because they're leveled at the wrong audience.

"

You jumped in to a different argument, which was about the idea that the Covid vaccines only help the individual. This is demonstrably false, given emerging data.

I'm looking at evidence of infection and transmission in vaccines. The polio vaccine and the Covid vaccines are vaccines. I'm comparing vaccines.

I'm sorry for... Continuing my line of argument?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Of course they will change their minds

By *indy SometimesTV/TS  over a year ago

BoxHill

All it does is show you’ve had a jab. Not that you can’t and won’t potentially catch and pass on the virus to others.

It’s just another unnecessary bit of clutter for your purse or wallet.

Manchester (she/her)

"All it does is show you’ve had a jab. Not that you can’t and won’t potentially catch and pass on the virus to others.

It’s just another unnecessary bit of clutter for your purse or wallet."

But given the jabs are being shown to reduce infection and transmission, a population with that bit of clutter are significantly lower risk. Ain't science grand

By *outhguyMan  over a year ago

London

"

Leaky vax. Inform yourselves.

Manchester (she/her)

Leaky vax. Inform yourselves. "

I've done my research and am not convinced by this.

Tin town

"All it does is show you’ve had a jab. Not that you can’t and won’t potentially catch and pass on the virus to others.

It’s just another unnecessary bit of clutter for your purse or wallet."

Same as any other vaccine or innoculation required for travel. Its not binary. Its about mitigating risks. Really not a hard concept.