FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So.... has my first dose

So.... has my first dose

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Cool... the nurse fussed over me! Lol I am not sure that them wanting to see how big my upper arms were was the most professional thing but we all had a giggle..

Got a kick out of them saying I was one of the younger people Today so had to explain why....

The whole start to end experience was so well done and I applaud everyone involved!!!

Anyway... quick question, anyone feel emotional during the experience... I asked the nurses and they said if fairly common to see people shed a tear, I was welling up a bit myself

So.... any of you shed a tear.. I think it hit home for me once I got back home

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I haven't been jabbed yet, but I do community work with vulnerable people. I've cried when I've found out that they've been jabbed.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Yes I got pretty emotional sitting in holding area, it felt like a huge weight was about to be lifted.

And so impressed with how professional and efficient the whole experience was.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Didnt feel that way myself but know what you mean as felt that way when it was first rolled out and saw the queues outside the vaccination centre a sense of pride in my country.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Was so impressed how efficient getting my jab was. Drove up car window down quick chat and in the arm.

Something we have done very well.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Cool... the nurse fussed over me! Lol I am not sure that them wanting to see how big my upper arms were was the most professional thing but we all had a giggle..

Got a kick out of them saying I was one of the younger people Today so had to explain why....

The whole start to end experience was so well done and I applaud everyone involved!!!

Anyway... quick question, anyone feel emotional during the experience... I asked the nurses and they said if fairly common to see people shed a tear, I was welling up a bit myself

So.... any of you shed a tear.. I think it hit home for me once I got back home "

Yes yes yes!!! Bawled my eyes out lol ..... just felt such a privilege and felt like the beginning of the end.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

No-one cried the other Friday when I was jabbing people. A few wanted to take pics or video of the vaccine being given, which my colleague did for them. It was interesting that almost everyone said they didn't feel it or that it was done really quickly, apart from people who were obviously nervous. The lady who was most nervous made quite a point about saying it really hurt!

Anyway, no-one cried

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

Got jabbed. No big deal.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Had so many people get emotional when I vaccinate them. In the early days there were so many who hadn't been out of their house for nearly a year. It was so overwhelming for them

Manchester (she/her)

"Had so many people get emotional when I vaccinate them. In the early days there were so many who hadn't been out of their house for nearly a year. It was so overwhelming for them"

The people I help are so looking forward to getting out again.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I had my first jab last Wednesday it was the Astra Zeneca vaccine and I was amongst the youngest off people at the vaccination centre...

Before people decide to jump all over me as to why I was there instead off say going around June or July time when I would be eligible I will answer this honestly..

I have zero medical problems and no allergies/medication etc or other medical conditions thank god.

However at home I live with my family and they do in fact all fall under high risk even though they have been vaccinated themselves...

Also my job falls under high risk as well so ergo I was booked on to attend and had my first jab last Wednesday and will be due my next jab in June..

Did I feel sad etc after receiving the jab? Not really just a bit relieved and also wondering what the side effects would be or how effective it would be?

At times I was even asking the NHS staff there how they were coping and that I hope they received a lot off support

Luckily I work nights and had some time off but I remembered feeling drowsy and had a bit off a sore head but that eventually passed..

North West

"Had so many people get emotional when I vaccinate them. In the early days there were so many who hadn't been out of their house for nearly a year. It was so overwhelming for them

The people I help are so looking forward to getting out again."

A lot of people had put on their Sunday best to come for the vaccine. I felt sorry for the guys who had to strip off V-neck sweaters, full collared shirt, tie (plus obviously an overcoat). They were so well presented on arrival but somewhat dishevelled after putting everything back on quickly!

Manchester (she/her)

"Had so many people get emotional when I vaccinate them. In the early days there were so many who hadn't been out of their house for nearly a year. It was so overwhelming for them

A lot of people had put on their Sunday best to come for the vaccine. I felt sorry for the guys who had to strip off V-neck sweaters, full collared shirt, tie (plus obviously an overcoat). They were so well presented on arrival but somewhat dishevelled after putting everything back on quickly!"

Oh, bless

I have my sleeveless top picked out

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I welled up. The stab nurse asked if I was ok and I explained that this is the biggest step towards normality and that I was so grateful to all the staff there.

Luton

I have one friend with an extreme needle phobia. She was called by the nurse for 18 minutes before being jabbed and she cried with relief and joy after.

I didn't have any after effects but as I had the Pfizer jab I needed to wait 15 minutes. I imagined I was going dizzy and started to panic until I realised i had forgotten to breathe for a full minute!

Went for a 3 hour walk to celebrate an hour later.

Luton

Calmed not Called

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

No but that may be because my year ducts were frozen after queuing for an hour in the cold (mine was mid Feb).

There's definitely a sense of being part of something big but I wouldn't say I was sentimental over the vaccine thing. Just did it as it is the right thing to do.

"Cool... the nurse fussed over me! Lol I am not sure that them wanting to see how big my upper arms were was the most professional thing but we all had a giggle..

So.... any of you shed a tear.. I think it hit home for me once I got back home "

I was very emotional

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

I became quite emotional after the team finished giving the residents of the care home I work in their first jab. It felt like the beginning of the end.

I was just relieved when I got mine.

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

I had my first dose two weeks ago, and I'll get my second next week (spacing is 3 weeks here in the US). For me it was a feeling of relief. I work at a grocery store, and for the longest time it was up in the air when it would be our turn to get it. My dad is also high risk due to a heart attack, and recently was given 6 months to live

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Yes. It was a stressful experience; we have lived with a daily dose of news about this pandemic for over one year and the relief of being vaccinated was palpable.

Thankfully I live in an environment where a vaccine is readily available; many more will not survive, especially in developing nations.

Viruses are such primitive and deadly phenomena.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Nope, not emotional, just resigned as I sat there, thinking about the efficacy against future variants and how often this would need to be done. Glad to have done my part.

Joyful, not teary.... but that's an emotion too.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Felt elated with happiness then concerned about after effects but overall happy.Cannot wait for second jab,might feel 21 aagain after that or maybe super person

It’s been a great week so far. I managed to see my father, albeit socially distanced, for the first time in 17 months at the weekend and then my first jab in Monday.

Certainly felt a wave of emotion as this is certainly a huge step towards some semblance of normality.

People have started meeting already, some have never stopped and I’m not judging anyone. I’ve followed the rules to the letter and this now feels like we are coming out the other end.

Had my first a couple of weeks back, not emotional as such, it was just a relief of sorts. I felt rough for a few days after but the process itself was flawless

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

A lot of people had put on their Sunday best to come for the vaccine. I felt sorry for the guys who had to strip off V-neck sweaters, full collared shirt, tie (plus obviously an overcoat). They were so well presented on arrival but somewhat dishevelled after putting everything back on quickly!"

It has made me smile that people don't think about what they're wearing lol. I'm working in a centre that doesn't have private rooms so the best we can do is put screens round patients if they have to remove lots of layers. In the main the ladies have been far better prepared for exposing their upper arm

North West

A lot of people had put on their Sunday best to come for the vaccine. I felt sorry for the guys who had to strip off V-neck sweaters, full collared shirt, tie (plus obviously an overcoat). They were so well presented on arrival but somewhat dishevelled after putting everything back on quickly!

It has made me smile that people don't think about what they're wearing lol. I'm working in a centre that doesn't have private rooms so the best we can do is put screens round patients if they have to remove lots of layers. In the main the ladies have been far better prepared for exposing their upper arm"

Definitely women who have thought about their clothing choice! My vaccine room had a door with a window but we were only separated from the next room by a screen. There was a portable screen to put across the door if people wanted, but no one did.

I cried,I’m not ashamed to say it , a year that has affected so many , mentally and emotionally very hard , plus it felt like there was light at the end of the tunnel, I was proud to be British and have the Oxford jab , they said lots of people cried

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

It just goes to show how well things can run when the NHS & Army get together and miss out the Govt!

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I admit I felt quite emotional when I had my second jab as it was March 23rd and it felt a bit ironic having it a year to the day lockdown came into force. I feel very grateful to have had them both now after shielding for a year!

Manchester (she/her)

"It just goes to show how well things can run when the NHS & Army get together and miss out the Govt! "

Right?

By *obbie BelleTV/TS  over a year ago

Preston, Lancaster, Blackpool

I went in drag, well as Dee.

I got a couple of double takes,

l had to confirm I was David.

To be fair I looked pretty femme.

I took 4 hours from start to finish to perfect my look.

The staff at Lancaster Town Hall were brilliant.

I knew about making ones skin easily available.

So I wore a pink sleeveless top under my outer jacket.

Yes, I got dressed to impress, I hadn't been out as Dee since November.

Over all a great experience, but not necessarily an emotional one.

North West

I went in drag, well as Dee.

I got a couple of double takes,

l had to confirm I was David.

To be fair I looked pretty femme.

I took 4 hours from start to finish to perfect my look.

The staff at Lancaster Town Hall were brilliant.

I knew about making ones skin easily available.

So I wore a pink sleeveless top under my outer jacket.

Yes, I got dressed to impress, I hadn't been out as Dee since November.

Over all a great experience, but not necessarily an emotional one. "

Glad you had a positive experience! I'll let you know if any cross dressers, transvestites, drag queens etc come to my cubicle on Friday and whether their fashion choices were on point

» Add a new message to this topic