FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown easing

Lockdown easing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heNYCSausage OP   Man  over a year ago

Everton

Today I need to get to Asda before work. I’m reluctant to even leave the house cause I know that people will be out in force due to the easing of lockdown today.

I also need to go to B&Q to get the last bits of paint for the living room (been decorating it for a week and ran out of paint), can you imagine how big the queues are going to be despite B&Q being open before the easing?

People will go out just for the sake of it. There will be a third wave. There is no doubt.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I don't understand why you think Asda will be busier today. Won't it be quieter as the independent grocers, butchers etc can open again today ?

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

Why would asda and B & Q be any different than last week?

Everton

"I don't understand why you think Asda will be busier today. Won't it be quieter as the independent grocers, butchers etc can open again today ? "

I think my post was more about B&Q but just badly worded lol

Leeds

Why will people be queuing at B and Q today when they have a hugely biggere range of shops to choose from than they did when you went their to buy your paint ?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hopefully the social distancing, masks etc will still be in place.

The prospect of returning to "normality" is a bit daunting isn't it. I have no desire to go into a non essential shop for instance, in fact I've hardly been in an essential one, it's going to be difficult for a lot of us.

Hope you get what you want

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I went yesterday and will avoid shops for a couple of weeks. Supermarkets have been busy here for weeks. Heaving full and difficult to social distance.

This is why they are leaving 5 weeks between steps. To see what effect it all has.

"I don't understand why you think Asda will be busier today. Won't it be quieter as the independent grocers, butchers etc can open again today ? "

Independent butchers, grocers, corner shops etc have been open all throughout the pandemic. They are classed as essential.

Leeds

"I don't understand why you think Asda will be busier today. Won't it be quieter as the independent grocers, butchers etc can open again today ?

Independent butchers, grocers, corner shops etc have been open all throughout the pandemic. They are classed as essential."

Yes you are correct. Apologies.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I went yesterday and will avoid shops for a couple of weeks. Supermarkets have been busy here for weeks. Heaving full and difficult to social distance.

This is why they are leaving 5 weeks between steps. To see what effect it all has. "

If I have to go to a supermarket I go when I know it will be quiet. So many people seem to believe that an incorrectly worn mask means they can stand right next to me.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Why would asda and B & Q be any different than last week? "

Because this is Britain and that's how we do things lol

When shielding ended I suddenly had to queue again to get in to tesco.

"I went yesterday and will avoid shops for a couple of weeks. Supermarkets have been busy here for weeks. Heaving full and difficult to social distance.

This is why they are leaving 5 weeks between steps. To see what effect it all has.

If I have to go to a supermarket I go when I know it will be quiet. So many people seem to believe that an incorrectly worn mask means they can stand right next to me. "

I have to take someone and they won't go at a quieter time.

Mask over mouth but off the nose seems to be fashionable round here.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I am staying in today

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If I have to go to a supermarket I go when I know it will be quiet. So many people seem to believe that an incorrectly worn mask means they can stand right next to me.

Mask over mouth but off the nose seems to be fashionable round here. "

Mask round chin is de rigeur in Hastings or pull mask down to talk. You've got me started now lol. Nobody takes any notice of those things on the floor that tell you where to stand, loads of men accompany their partners then just stand in everybody's way, loads of people just stand at my shoulder breathing on me

Phew! I feel better now

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS  over a year ago

Byfield/Daventry

Will continue to go to my nice supermarket once a week. I need other things from other shops but will wait a while for them to become less busy.

Also not desperate to return to pubs.

Take care all.

By *r FirecrackerMan  over a year ago

London / Reading

"Today I need to get to Asda before work. I’m reluctant to even leave the house cause I know that people will be out in force due to the easing of lockdown today.

I also need to go to B&Q to get the last bits of paint for the living room (been decorating it for a week and ran out of paint), can you imagine how big the queues are going to be despite B&Q being open before the easing?

People will go out just for the sake of it. There will be a third wave. There is no doubt. "

You sound anxious mate. Try and relax, wear your mask and keep your distance like you have been doing prior to the restrictions being lifted.

A lot of people are worried about leaving the house but don’t be, if your sensible you should be fine. We can’t avoid each other forever.

Pub tonight for me!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think most determined, formerly restrained shoppers, will now just be spread around more shops, so that the ones previously open will not be busier.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I wouldn't worry about B&Q they have been open throughout and have a pretty good system in place for making sure it's not over crowded.

If you have to queue well I can't see it being long.

You can always do click and collect or use a trade outlet like brewers.

I'm currently sitting in a jewsons car park and it's dead quiet.

Everton

I stand corrected.

I went to B&Q and whilst there were more people than last week, I didn’t feel too uncomfortable.

Asda was just starting to pick up though. Glad I got there when I did.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Mask round chin is de rigeur in Hastings or pull mask down to talk. You've got me started now lol. Nobody takes any notice of those things on the floor that tell you where to stand, loads of men accompany their partners then just stand in everybody's way, loads of people just stand at my shoulder breathing on me

Phew! I feel better now "

If I have to go into a store, I get a trolley even if I only need a couple things. I then stand in front of my trolley in the queue as that enforces social distance from the one behind and I obv control the distance to the one in front

I may have also clipped the legs of an idiot in one shop who kept getting too close to me 'oops, didn't expect anyone to be so close to me'! and a smile

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Today I need to get to Asda before work. I’m reluctant to even leave the house cause I know that people will be out in force due to the easing of lockdown today.

People will go out just for the sake of it. There will be a third wave. There is no doubt. "

Order online, or click n collect

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Shopping habits won't change for me at least until I visit Mum who is shopping obsessed lol. No desire to rush to a pub either. Just want the weather to warm up so we can get out in the camper van

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

3, 4, 5, 6 so the waves will continue this is the future.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

thought independent grocers, butchers etc have been open anyway.. all of ours have.. and the birds shop.. and other cake shop.

I do agree about not worrying about Asda though.. everyone will be at IKEA lol

evesham

You're all wrong. It's all about primark according to my Facebook feed lol people queuing to get in to primark

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"You're all wrong. It's all about primark according to my Facebook feed lol people queuing to get in to primark"
that I can well imagine... me.. all after finishing a set of lates.. I'm having a PJ day x

People queuing to get into shops was a predictable as someone on here complaining about it.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

If you're that worried go later or do click and collect.

The vast majority going out are doing so because they've been told its safe to do so by the same scientists who people have listened to so vehemently.

We went to B&Q a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't busy.

They have been open the whole of lockdown so not sure why it would be any more busy today.

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

Just been to b&q, no busy than normal. Everyone wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

B&Q has been one of the shops to consistently maintain numbers in their store etc, it's the supermarkets that gave slacked off in the last few months. If they've got a traffic light system it's always on green ~ funny that.

We're ok around here today apparently there were people queuing to get into the town shopping centre at 7 am. Plus Debenhams have opened for a 70% off closing down sale! Ikea is just a ride down the motorway, dread to think how busy that is today.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

People here queuing to get in to the local Wetherspoons ?? takes al sorts ?? us personally are avoiding most places for awhile as going to be mad as and be worse friday..saturday ...

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Why keep on about a third wave? Cant people just b positive for a change? Us oldies and vulnerable have had a vacine! Whats the intention to stay locked away till god knows when? We need to move forward! Makes no odds to me as I dont do shopping! But if I did I would my youngest has gone to the nail bar and pub to day and of to Thorpe park tomoz! Good on her! She been working all through this in supermarket! Time to get back out there! X

Rational people being scared and daunted by the prospect of normality is far, far more concerning than the virus has ever been.

That is truly soul destroying to be honest

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Butchers have been open all the way through luv

Xxx

Scare mongering. Schools gone back (in some areas) do you not think all DIY was.done during first lockdown. Be no different.

Phew! I feel better now

If I have to go into a store, I get a trolley even if I only need a couple things. I then stand in front of my trolley in the queue as that enforces social distance from the one behind and I obv control the distance to the one in front

I may have also clipped the legs of an idiot in one shop who kept getting too close to me 'oops, didn't expect anyone to be so close to me'! and a smile "

Brilliant tip!!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

People will go out just for the sake of it. There will be a third wave. There is no doubt.

You sound anxious mate. Try and relax, wear your mask and keep your distance like you have been doing prior to the restrictions being lifted.

A lot of people are worried about leaving the house but don’t be, if your sensible you should be fine. We can’t avoid each other forever. "

Anxiety is a big issue now and I include myself in that. Rationally knowing you will be fine is only half the battle. I think this event has left a significant proportion of the population have some degree of PTSD . I accept I will almost certainly pick up Covid at some point, we all will, like we all pick up flu at some point. Picking it the virus may not result in illness and I have age and health on my side so I know the chances of me getting seriously due to Covid are diminishingly small, smaller still once vaccinated. I know that the benefits of mask wearing have some value at population level but are pretty limited at an individual level.. yet knowing all this I still get a small but definite physiological anxiety response to the proximity to someone without a mask in an indoor situation. It’s probably just anger, I do get that some people can have genuine excuses but most none mask wearers that I see really are choosing not to comply with their civic duty and are laughing at the rest of us. Makes me want to punch them in their selfish thick smug twat faces. Now I shall breath slowly count to 10 and try to relax again....

I need to go to Carphone Warehouse as soon as possible to renew my sim package. Not being able to do so over the last lockdown has cost me money.

I drove to the out of town store this morning and promptly drove home again after seeing the queue outside.

I will go back another day, nothing is worth standing outdoors on a damp day for an hour or so!

Bella.

Farnworth

"Why would asda and B & Q be any different than last week?

When shielding ended I suddenly had to queue again to get in to tesco. "

So how is it different?

Everton

"I need to go to Carphone Warehouse as soon as possible to renew my sim package. Not being able to do so over the last lockdown has cost me money.

I drove to the out of town store this morning and promptly drove home again after seeing the queue outside.

I will go back another day, nothing is worth standing outdoors on a damp day for an hour or so!

Bella."

Couldn’t you just do it online or over the phone? I took mine from £105 a month to £14 a month over the phone.

Filthy Fuckeryville

Phew! I feel better now

I may have also clipped the legs of an idiot in one shop who kept getting too close to me 'oops, didn't expect anyone to be so close to me'! and a smile

Brilliant tip!! "

Ha ha thank you - it works for me

evesham

When shielding ended I suddenly had to queue again to get in to tesco.

So how is it different? "

Because before then.... Pretty much since the summer.... I haven't had to queue

By *erry 1TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

Odd you see it any more a risk than normal as more are vaccinated?

Everton

"Odd you see it any more a risk than normal as more are vaccinated?"

A vaccination doesn’t stop you from catching COViD

"Odd you see it any more a risk than normal as more are vaccinated?

A vaccination doesn’t stop you from catching COViD"

No it doesn't but it definitely increases your chances of not getting very sick.

Increase in cases isn't an issue if the vast majority don't need medical treatment.

Walked past a pub garden on the way to get my nails done today. It was pretty busy by 11.30.. at 12.30 when I walked back it was heaving. Gutted I couldn’t join.

By *erry 1TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

"Walked past a pub garden on the way to get my nails done today. It was pretty busy by 11.30.. at 12.30 when I walked back it was heaving. Gutted I couldn’t join.

"

why couldn't you join in

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

B&Q in my town was really quiet. They were all at the other shops!

"Odd you see it any more a risk than normal as more are vaccinated?

A vaccination doesn’t stop you from catching COViD"

If you vaccinated catching Covid isn't the big issue. If it stops you from getting seriously ill and needing hospital treatment thenbthe vaccine has successfully done its job

By *UTTERFLY EVENTSWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I'm hosting

"Why would asda and B & Q be any different than last week? "

Exactly been open anyway

Farnworth

Exactly been open anyway "

Yep, that's why I said that

By *UTTERFLY EVENTSWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I'm hosting

Exactly been open anyway

Yep, that's why I said that "

I know lol

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

don't worry, the Q has always been the same size as the B.

I'm sure it will stay that way

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

People are still working so what makes you think any of these are going to be busy I went to Asda this afternoon and it's dead and b and q was still moving people in pretty quickly whilst in lockdown just keeping a balance amount of people in but you can order and pick up at b and q as well

Lancashire

This Virus is a fraud

"Walked past a pub garden on the way to get my nails done today. It was pretty busy by 11.30.. at 12.30 when I walked back it was heaving. Gutted I couldn’t join.

why couldn't you join in

"

Had to collect my kids from a playscheme. If I would of had them with me I would of stopped and got them lunch.

I have a table today in pub instead and I’m taking them for lunch

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Somebody asked me how big the Queue was outside B&Q... about 6 foot and massive and orange was my reply. Huge!

Boom. Boom. Get out, it’ll do you good. Life is great, live it.

so glad of a haircut today

d

Everton

"This Virus is a fraud "

My kids both caught this “fraudulent” virus.......my daughter didn’t like wearing masks, now she wears one all the time. And if you knew her, you’d see how scary that is!!!

Luckily, I’ve managed to avoid it so far (although that could be cause I’ve no friends and never leave the house except for work lol)

St Neots/Wisbech

"This Virus is a fraud

My kids both caught this “fraudulent” virus.......my daughter didn’t like wearing masks, now she wears one all the time. And if you knew her, you’d see how scary that is!!!

Luckily, I’ve managed to avoid it so far (although that could be cause I’ve no friends and never leave the house except for work lol)"

Evidently then this virus may not be quite as deadly and dangerous as lead to believe eh ?

Everton

"This Virus is a fraud

Luckily, I’ve managed to avoid it so far (although that could be cause I’ve no friends and never leave the house except for work lol)

Evidently then this virus may not be quite as deadly and dangerous as lead to believe eh ? "

Ahh.....a covid denyer

Noted

St Neots/Wisbech

"This Virus is a fraud

Evidently then this virus may not be quite as deadly and dangerous as lead to believe eh ?

Ahh.....a covid denyer

Noted "

On the contrary, a covid realist. I've had it, other members of my family had it, friends have had it. Not in any doubt it exists, but also very aware of how it doesn't really affect the vast majority. With nearly 8 million having had their two jabs now, I'd suggest that the govts target of protecting the nhs from the vulnerable is well and truly met, coupled with the 32 million that are around 80% protected from their first jab, the only real scare tactic left is to hit us with positive cases being recorded.

Feel free to make further assumptions with little or no substance though.

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"This Virus is a fraud

Ahh.....a covid denyer

Noted

On the contrary, a covid realist. I've had it, other members of my family had it, friends have had it. Not in any doubt it exists, but also very aware of how it doesn't really affect the vast majority. With nearly 8 million having had their two jabs now, I'd suggest that the govts target of protecting the nhs from the vulnerable is well and truly met, coupled with the 32 million that are around 80% protected from their first jab, the only real scare tactic left is to hit us with positive cases being recorded.

Feel free to make further assumptions with little or no substance though. "

Hahaha. Brilliant. Summed up perfectly. Unfortunately the last scare tactic is working, just like all the others...

Lancashire

Variants to remember

Mask over mouth but off the nose seems to be fashionable round here. "

Tbh i kinda have to sometimes just so im able to see where the hell im going due to wearing glasses

Lancashire

Why wear the mask it doesn't save no one.

Please educate your selves.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why wear the mask it doesn't save no one.

"

Have done.

I'll be double masking when I get my hair cut later

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"

Doesn’t save no one = does save someone. Is that what you mean by educating myself?

A DOOM-MONGER that bears zero relationship to reality & scientific facts.

I honestly think people love being pessimistic.

Leeds

OP why did you put yourself at unnecessary risk by going to B and Q to buy paint ?

Jesus, how long are you going to remain scared for? Look at the figures daily, you are at a much higher risk of getting run over on the car park! There wont be a 3rd wave and even if there is the deaths wont be as nearly as high. Time to move on and get life back to normal.

Manchester (she/her)

"Jesus, how long are you going to remain scared for? Look at the figures daily, you are at a much higher risk of getting run over on the car park! There wont be a 3rd wave and even if there is the deaths wont be as nearly as high. Time to move on and get life back to normal. "

Not scared. Careful and community minded.

"Jesus, how long are you going to remain scared for? Look at the figures daily, you are at a much higher risk of getting run over on the car park! There wont be a 3rd wave and even if there is the deaths wont be as nearly as high. Time to move on and get life back to normal.

Not scared. Careful and community minded. "

These are things that we are allowed to do though, so i dont understand why some people are so against it? Cant help but think a few people would enjoy this to carry on.

ashford

"Jesus, how long are you going to remain scared for? Look at the figures daily, you are at a much higher risk of getting run over on the car park! There wont be a 3rd wave and even if there is the deaths wont be as nearly as high. Time to move on and get life back to normal.

These are things that we are allowed to do though, so i dont understand why some people are so against it? Cant help but think a few people would enjoy this to carry on. "

Spot on think u right! I'm sure they do! X

Manchester (she/her)

These are things that we are allowed to do though, so i dont understand why some people are so against it? Cant help but think a few people would enjoy this to carry on. "

I don't want to take the risk yet.

Personal responsibility doesn't justean "let me do what I want".

Manchester (she/her)

*just mean

These are things that we are allowed to do though, so i dont understand why some people are so against it? Cant help but think a few people would enjoy this to carry on.

Personal responsibility doesn't justean "let me do what I want"."

And thats your choice, but why fearmonger on others who are just following governement advice and using common sense.

Manchester (she/her)

And thats your choice, but why fearmonger on others who are just following governement advice and using common sense."

I'm not fear mongering. If you don't like what I say you're welcome to ignore it.

Spot on think u right! I'm sure they do! X"

I 100 percent want it to carry on got stuck in traffic every day this week for the first time in over a year so if everyone would kindly start working from home again it would be much appreciated

South

"Jesus, how long are you going to remain scared for? Look at the figures daily, you are at a much higher risk of getting run over on the car park! There wont be a 3rd wave and even if there is the deaths wont be as nearly as high. Time to move on and get life back to normal. "

For me it’s more about protecting peoples livelihoods as well. Sure the vaccine is rolling out and we have high hopes but we cannot be sure what opening up will do. Am I going to queue up for primark nope.. am I going to flock to a pub on a Monday morning? Nope as these worker’s jobs depend on lockdown not happening again so mass crowds this month is far more risky than a gentle drip of increased traffic.

There appears to be a real element of short sightedness to the attitude such as yours. I want my kids to have a full year of school and my eyebrow lady not to lose her house slowest carefully is the only way we can sustain the surge that is likely to happen.

South

And thats your choice, but why fearmonger on others who are just following governement advice and using common sense."

I’d hazard a guess that your version of common sense differs from mine.

And thats your choice, but why fearmonger on others who are just following governement advice and using common sense.

I’d hazard a guess that your version of common sense differs from mine. "

I've not been to a pub yet or queued up outside somewhere i wouldnt have gone pre lockdown. I think people like yourself fall victim to the new style media, dont believe everything you see and read on the internet, go out there and take a look, its fine nothing to worry about. The pubs arent heaving on a Monday morning trust me, theres nobody inside when you see these packed beer gardens remember. Small small minority.

South

I've not been to a pub yet or queued up outside somewhere i wouldnt have gone pre lockdown. I think people like yourself fall victim to the new style media, dont believe everything you see and read on the internet, go out there and take a look, its fine nothing to worry about. The pubs arent heaving on a Monday morning trust me, theres nobody inside when you see these packed beer gardens remember. Small small minority. "

Meh ... based on my actual real life experience (no I’m not quivering behind my sofa shock horror) it’s not fine to describe packed beer gardens in the slightest. As a keyworker who has worked all the through people just need to calm down a little and show a little restraint to acknowledge the people that have and are suffering.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Dear God ... don’t you go out????

I've not been to a pub yet or queued up outside somewhere i wouldnt have gone pre lockdown. I think people like yourself fall victim to the new style media, dont believe everything you see and read on the internet, go out there and take a look, its fine nothing to worry about. The pubs arent heaving on a Monday morning trust me, theres nobody inside when you see these packed beer gardens remember. Small small minority.

Meh ... based on my actual real life experience (no I’m not quivering behind my sofa shock horror) it’s not fine to describe packed beer gardens in the slightest. As a keyworker who has worked all the through people just need to calm down a little and show a little restraint to acknowledge the people that have and are suffering. "

Thanks for being a key worker, i too have worked through. We had barely any cases all last summer without a vaccine and masks for the majority, we now have both. Lets be honest, we know this is a seasonal virus so why exactly are we supposed to not want normality now that its pretty much non-existant?

South

Meh ... based on my actual real life experience (no I’m not quivering behind my sofa shock horror) it’s not fine to describe packed beer gardens in the slightest. As a keyworker who has worked all the through people just need to calm down a little and show a little restraint to acknowledge the people that have and are suffering.

Thanks for being a key worker, i too have worked through. We had barely any cases all last summer without a vaccine and masks for the majority, we now have both. Lets be honest, we know this is a seasonal virus so why exactly are we supposed to not want normality now that its pretty much non-existant? "

We had none last summer as school were closed ... hit September (not cold weather) and it rocketed...... we all want normality it’s like kids wanting to live on haribos as adults we need to think of the bigger picture and do it slowly. I very much doubt anyone ore lockdown would have been in a beer garden on a Monday lunchtime in April but this year they were so its not returning to normal it’s being a tit.

Thanks for being a key worker, i too have worked through. We had barely any cases all last summer without a vaccine and masks for the majority, we now have both. Lets be honest, we know this is a seasonal virus so why exactly are we supposed to not want normality now that its pretty much non-existant?

We had none last summer as school were closed ... hit September (not cold weather) and it rocketed...... we all want normality it’s like kids wanting to live on haribos as adults we need to think of the bigger picture and do it slowly. I very much doubt anyone ore lockdown would have been in a beer garden on a Monday lunchtime in April but this year they were so its not returning to normal it’s being a tit. "

Broken record comes to mind, so why havent cases sky rocketed with kids being in school now then?

Just enjoy the fact we are where we need to be now and accept we will have 30-40k of covid deaths most winters, similar to flu numbers.

9 days since easing.....7 pubs so far. One twice, one 3 times. Eaten at 4 of them....all doing a great job of keeping to current rules. Support your local area.....!!!

South

We had none last summer as school were closed ... hit September (not cold weather) and it rocketed...... we all want normality it’s like kids wanting to live on haribos as adults we need to think of the bigger picture and do it slowly. I very much doubt anyone ore lockdown would have been in a beer garden on a Monday lunchtime in April but this year they were so its not returning to normal it’s being a tit.

Broken record comes to mind, so why havent cases sky rocketed with kids being in school now then?

Just enjoy the fact we are where we need to be now and accept we will have 30-40k of covid deaths most winters, similar to flu numbers. "

Bi weekly testing ...... really? My 29 year old colleague with no underlying conditions died - I’m not sacrificing my life so you can go to the pub.

South

Just enjoy the fact we are where we need to be now and accept we will have 30-40k of covid deaths most winters, similar to flu numbers. "

Annual flu deaths average 10,000 a year .. source NHS.

then best to shut yourself away need to live with virus going nowhere

South

People will go out just for the sake of it. There will be a third wave. There is no doubt. then best to shut yourself away need to live with virus going nowhere "

There is a happy medium to be had it’s not .... behave like a kid or shut yourself away. Following sensible precautions like not going out unless necessary and well you know not be a knob.

People will go out just for the sake of it. There will be a third wave. There is no doubt. then best to shut yourself away need to live with virus going nowhere

There is a happy medium to be had it’s not .... behave like a kid or shut yourself away. Following sensible precautions like not going out unless necessary and well you know not be a knob. "

And in my experience the vast majority of the population are doing.

South

People will go out just for the sake of it. There will be a third wave. There is no doubt. then best to shut yourself away need to live with virus going nowhere

There is a happy medium to be had it’s not .... behave like a kid or shut yourself away. Following sensible precautions like not going out unless necessary and well you know not be a knob.

And in my experience the vast majority of the population are doing."

To be fair In real life most people I see are decent - if you read fab you think life is full of idiots. Happy medium is my aim

To be fair In real life most people I see are decent - if you read fab you think life is full of idiots. Happy medium is my aim "

Listen to what you are saying! Only going outside when necessary isnt a happy medium, its utter madness! Just look at daily cases and hospital admissions/deaths, its becoming more dangerous for people to remain isolated etc. Go outside, people are living lives again and its fine.

Manchester (she/her)

Are people not allowed to live their lives as they see fit?

Farnworth

Doesn’t save no one = does save someone. Is that what you mean by educating myself? "

No, work out what the actual benefits of the mask is as opposed to thinking what is does

Farnworth

I'm not fear mongering. If you don't like what I say you're welcome to ignore it."

Who said that?

South

Doesn’t save no one = does save someone. Is that what you mean by educating myself?

No, work out what the actual benefits of the mask is as opposed to thinking what is does "

I gather you missed the point completed ......

"Are people not allowed to live their lives as they see fit?"

Exactly, so why when people.are starting to get back to normality do certain others have to moan and try and pull them back.

South

To be fair In real life most people I see are decent - if you read fab you think life is full of idiots. Happy medium is my aim

Listen to what you are saying! Only going outside when necessary isnt a happy medium, its utter madness! Just look at daily cases and hospital admissions/deaths, its becoming more dangerous for people to remain isolated etc. Go outside, people are living lives again and its fine. "

Of course it’s a happy medium caution for the interim. Not going to the pub every night anyone with half a brain can work that out I really don’t understand how tou can’t comprehend this? ‘Bloke off fab said it’s fine’ Jesus wept you couldn’t make this up.....

South

"Are people not allowed to live their lives as they see fit?

Exactly, so why when people.are starting to get back to normality do certain others have to moan and try and pull them back. "

Because we don’t want to die because you’re selfish.... there you go

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Exactly, so why when people.are starting to get back to normality do certain others have to moan and try and pull them back.

Because we don’t want to die because you’re selfish.... there you go "

Here here

Manchester (she/her)

Exactly, so why when people.are starting to get back to normality do certain others have to moan and try and pull them back. "

I'm not moaning, and I'm not trying to pull anyone anywhere. I'm stating my position.

You're telling people to go out. They might not want to.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

The fact is you are not the only person that needs to go to Asda or other supermarkets, B&Q so what is your problem bit of a selfish attitude to take!

I'm not moaning, and I'm not trying to pull anyone anywhere. I'm stating my position.

You're telling people to go out. They might not want to. "

Clearly not, im not.arsed in the slightest if people never leave their houses, just dont whinge about others doing the opposite.

Manchester (she/her)

Clearly not, im not.arsed in the slightest if people never leave their houses, just dont whinge about others doing the opposite. "

Are you telling me I'm not allowed to express my views?

[Removed by poster at 21/04/21 20:45:07]

"I don't understand why you think Asda will be busier today. Won't it be quieter as the independent grocers, butchers etc can open again today ?

Independent butchers, grocers, corner shops etc have been open all throughout the pandemic. They are classed as essential."

yes all food shops how ever small have remained open as essential, I do some work on a small free range poultry FM with shop since first lockdown, and has been busier then ever as people not wanting to go to super markets and order have gone up 100 Percent

South

Clearly not, im not.arsed in the slightest if people never leave their houses, just dont whinge about others doing the opposite. "

‘Go out its fine’ ... that’s not saying well erm .. telling people to go out as it’s fine then?

Farnworth

Listen to what you are saying! Only going outside when necessary isnt a happy medium, its utter madness! Just look at daily cases and hospital admissions/deaths, its becoming more dangerous for people to remain isolated etc. Go outside, people are living lives again and its fine.

Of course it’s a happy medium caution for the interim. Not going to the pub every night anyone with half a brain can work that out I really don’t understand how tou can’t comprehend this? ‘Bloke off fab said it’s fine’ Jesus wept you couldn’t make this up..... "

What would it matter if you ho once, twice or every night?

Farnworth

This

Clearly not, im not.arsed in the slightest if people never leave their houses, just dont whinge about others doing the opposite.

Are you telling me I'm not allowed to express my views?"

Yes exactly that, never speak again please. Woke

‘Go out its fine’ ... that’s not saying well erm .. telling people to go out as it’s fine then? "

Getting boring now, enjoy self imposed lockdown whilst moat of us enjoy life again.

South

Of course it’s a happy medium caution for the interim. Not going to the pub every night anyone with half a brain can work that out I really don’t understand how tou can’t comprehend this? ‘Bloke off fab said it’s fine’ Jesus wept you couldn’t make this up.....

What would it matter if you ho once, twice or every night? "

sorry I don’t understand what you’ve written there.

South

‘Go out its fine’ ... that’s not saying well erm .. telling people to go out as it’s fine then?

Getting boring now, enjoy self imposed lockdown whilst moat of us enjoy life again. "

Then why keep replying if you’re bored? Surely you’ve got pubs to visit?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes exactly that, never speak again please. Woke "

As this is a forum where the nature of it is to talk, it would seem a bit pointless not to, although I suppose it would be a lot quieter to mod

Maybe just ignore a post you don't like rather than tell someone to shut up

South

As this is a forum where the nature of it is to talk, it would seem a bit pointless not to, although I suppose it would be a lot quieter to mod

"

Farnworth

What would it matter if you ho once, twice or every night? sorry I don’t understand what you’ve written there. "

What would it matter if someone went to a pub once a week or 7 times a week?

South

What would it matter if you ho once, twice or every night? sorry I don’t understand what you’ve written there.

What would it matter if someone went to a pub once a week or 7 times a week? "

Erm... increased exposure? Sorry was that a serious question?

Leeds

"

What would it matter if someone went to a pub once a week or 7 times a week? "

To go out every day you have more chance of being involved in a traffic accident than if you go out once a week.

"

To go out every day you have more chance of being involved in a traffic accident than if you go out once a week. "

But we dont live our lives like that do we, that is the point people are trying to make. Imagine saying, i wont leave the house everyday as it increases my chances are getting run over! Madness

"

You know that was a joke! Come on haha.

ashford

"

To go out every day you have more chance of being involved in a traffic accident than if you go out once a week.

But we dont live our lives like that do we, that is the point people are trying to make. Imagine saying, i wont leave the house everyday as it increases my chances are getting run over! Madness"

Agreed madness! just need to get on with things now ! X

By *arbour couplsCouple  over a year ago

ramsgate

Time to move on now ...can't even see it on sky news now ...and thank God I don't have to see that mr whitty twat on TV every 5 mins ...and the dwarf geezer

"Time to move on now ...can't even see it on sky news now ...and thank God I don't have to see that mr whitty twat on TV every 5 mins ...and the dwarf geezer"

Ze plane! Ze plane!

agreed the north is already on the rise again we will be abandoned again just like before

Farnworth

"

To go out every day you have more chance of being involved in a traffic accident than if you go out once a week. "

Ah so now this is turning into not going out?

In response to that, my pub is 2 doors away on a place that no vehicles come. So, next

Farnworth

What would it matter if you ho once, twice or every night? sorry I don’t understand what you’ve written there.

Erm... increased exposure? Sorry was that a serious question? "

If you're going there once, it makes absolutely no difference or are you suggesting restrictions on pub visiting now? Armed guards on the doors?

A pass to get stamped to know whether you've been out that week to the pub?

Farnworth

"

But we dont live our lives like that do we, that is the point people are trying to make. Imagine saying, i wont leave the house everyday as it increases my chances are getting run over! Madness"

Absolutely

South

[Removed by poster at 22/04/21 17:32:15]

South

If you're going there once, it makes absolutely no difference or are you suggesting restrictions on pub visiting now? Armed guards on the doors?

A pass to get stamped to know whether you've been out that week to the pub? "

I posted a whole reply then realised if you don’t understand exposure and infectious diseases I’m wasting my breath soooo fill your boots go meet as many strangers as you like

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

No, work out what the actual benefits of the mask is as opposed to thinking what is does "

...and these are?..or not depending on what opinion you hold?

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Change or no change to life? Grew out of pub going when I was 20 something, only go now if it’s for a meal, or a meeting point to go elsewhere. Never did or will queue to get into a shop...it’s a shop, I really don’t need anything that much, especially Primark, not that I have anything against the brand... but queue to get in?

Socially I mostly go out to gigs & sporting events, everything is cancelled or postponed. Other than that I run, I cycle , I will swim when open water resumes..temperature related for me, not Covid related. So not much change at all, some may say I am cowering at home, the reality is at the mo...no social events for me to go to.

Farnworth

I posted a whole reply then realised if you don’t understand exposure and infectious diseases I’m wasting my breath soooo fill your boots go meet as many strangers as you like "

You don't have to meet any strangers in pubs. No more contact than a supermarket

South

I posted a whole reply then realised if you don’t understand exposure and infectious diseases I’m wasting my breath soooo fill your boots go meet as many strangers as you like

You don't have to meet any strangers in pubs. No more contact than a supermarket "

As I said crack on ... you very obviously don’t get it and I’m not wasting my breath. It’s only yourself and your loved ones that you’ll be risking ......

South

"Change or no change to life? Grew out of pub going when I was 20 something, only go now if it’s for a meal, or a meeting point to go elsewhere. Never did or will queue to get into a shop...it’s a shop, I really don’t need anything that much, especially Primark, not that I have anything against the brand... but queue to get in?

Socially I mostly go out to gigs & sporting events, everything is cancelled or postponed. Other than that I run, I cycle , I will swim when open water resumes..temperature related for me, not Covid related. So not much change at all, some may say I am cowering at home, the reality is at the mo...no social events for me to go to."

Exactly .... is it the arrogance of youth or the ignorance of youth ... both fit in these circumstances.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

You know that was a joke! Come on haha. "

Oh. I think you may need some new material

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

"Change or no change to life? Grew out of pub going when I was 20 something, only go now if it’s for a meal, or a meeting point to go elsewhere. Never did or will queue to get into a shop...it’s a shop, I really don’t need anything that much, especially Primark, not that I have anything against the brand... but queue to get in?

Socially I mostly go out to gigs & sporting events, everything is cancelled or postponed. Other than that I run, I cycle , I will swim when open water resumes..temperature related for me, not Covid related. So not much change at all, some may say I am cowering at home, the reality is at the mo...no social events for me to go to.

Exactly .... is it the arrogance of youth or the ignorance of youth ... both fit in these circumstances. "

It's actually really quite depressing to see just how truly ignorant some people are

South

Exactly .... is it the arrogance of youth or the ignorance of youth ... both fit in these circumstances.

It's actually really quite depressing to see just how truly ignorant some people are "

Oh god isn’t it just!!! Really really depressing

ashford

You don't have to meet any strangers in pubs. No more contact than a supermarket "

Exactly! I not been to pub yet but shall when it suits! But have been working in supermarket and theres no social distancing there! X

South

You don't have to meet any strangers in pubs. No more contact than a supermarket

Exactly! I not been to pub yet but shall when it suits! But have been working in supermarket and theres no social distancing there! X"

So you then compound that risk by taking more risks in your personal life ... (insert face palm emoji)

ashford

Exactly! I not been to pub yet but shall when it suits! But have been working in supermarket and theres no social distancing there! X

So you then compound that risk by taking more risks in your personal life ... (insert face palm emoji) "

No not risks at all! As I said not been anywhere yet! But will do as and when it suits! X

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Exactly! I not been to pub yet but shall when it suits! But have been working in supermarket and theres no social distancing there! X"

I socially distance in the supermarket, when I absolutely need to go in to one.

As ar as pubs go, not in any rush to go to one. I'd far rather meet up with my friends in a garden instead and have a few drinks etc.

Absolutely no desire to go shopping and would certainly never queue up for hours to get in to Primark!

So you then compound that risk by taking more risks in your personal life ... (insert face palm emoji) "

Why dont you do you and stop trying to suck the life out of everyone else. You seem to know it all, but yet your opinions seem to differ from that of the scientists who lead on these decisions. Go figure.

ashford

So you then compound that risk by taking more risks in your personal life ... (insert face palm emoji)

Why dont you do you and stop trying to suck the life out of everyone else. You seem to know it all, but yet your opinions seem to differ from that of the scientists who lead on these decisions. Go figure. "

x

Just enjoy the fact we are where we need to be now and accept we will have 30-40k of covid deaths most winters, similar to flu numbers.

Bi weekly testing ...... really? My 29 year old colleague with no underlying conditions died - I’m not sacrificing my life so you can go to the pub. "

You're so entitled, maybe the country should just stay in lockdown an then you will be safe. People are so afraid of death when it's a natural part of life. What's the point in living in fear, having no contact with people and generally being miserable? Seems like a lot of Covid fearing fools would love just that.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm unsure why people feel threatened by others who are concerned about public health. No one here has the power to stop you going anywhere - and in fact by staying away from people, we're helping the numbers that unlocking relies upon (by not getting infected or spreading anything).

You do you, you express what you like, but to imply that us expressing our views is imposing on you is frankly laughable.

ashford

Bi weekly testing ...... really? My 29 year old colleague with no underlying conditions died - I’m not sacrificing my life so you can go to the pub.

You're so entitled, maybe the country should just stay in lockdown an then you will be safe. People are so afraid of death when it's a natural part of life. What's the point in living in fear, having no contact with people and generally being miserable? Seems like a lot of Covid fearing fools would love just that. "

Think u right! I'm not staying in when we are permitted to b out! Why would I? U never know what's around the corner! But each to their own! x

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

-----

Why dont you do you and stop trying to suck the life out of everyone else. You seem to know it all, but yet your opinions seem to differ from that of the scientists who lead on these decisions. Go figure. "

To be fair, the actual scientist are continually saying things like "be cautious", "stay at home if possible", "don't undo what the lockdown has achieved", "work from home if you can" etc...

It is the politicians who are saying "it is OK to get go out more", despite the scientists advice.

Ultimately, every place "we" visit presents a risk, and each time we visit a place then that risk is multiplied...

Cal

» Add a new message to this topic