FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Swing Clubs after covid

Swing Clubs after covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *p4funCpl2020 OP   Couple  over a year ago

LEEDS

So we really miss swinging, but think Covid will be here yet for a long time.

In reality either clubs won't be fully safe as vaccines don't stop the spread just serious illness, or we will all have to do Tests before going into clubs and after (like the various event trials currently).

So we are wondering and of course its personal taste, but will you go back to clubs, will you do a small network of friends to swing with, will you not play until its 100% safe, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Worked out the risk to us of dying after two jabs is 00.3 so back to normal soon as

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I will look to return when I'm fully vaccinated, when everyone over 18 has been offered both vaccines, and when community prevalence is extremely low.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"So we really miss swinging, but think Covid will be here yet for a long time.

In reality either clubs won't be fully safe as vaccines don't stop the spread just serious illness, or we will all have to do Tests before going into clubs and after (like the various event trials currently).

So we are wondering and of course its personal taste, but will you go back to clubs, will you do a small network of friends to swing with, will you not play until its 100% safe, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are."

In the news today, "One Jab reduces the risk of infection by 65%". Although this isn't yet Peer Reviewed, it is very positive.

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

So we are wondering and of course its personal taste, but will you go back to clubs, will you do a small network of friends to swing with, will you not play until its 100% safe, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.

In the news today, "One Jab reduces the risk of infection by 65%". Although this isn't yet Peer Reviewed, it is very positive.

Cal"

Yes, I suspect that wide vaccination will mean that Covid becomes a tiny threat to the vaccinated, eventually. (If herd immunity is reached and if immunity evading variants don't develop)

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The restrictions we've had have known benefits. Good ventilation, tests to restrict risks out, vaccination and others make for good, healthier measures.

I'd have vax passports and pre-testing, due to caution. Lower density levels of people and good hygienic helps too.

People can go and enjoy the vibe, without needing to have skin contact etc. I wish more of them could afford to operate profitably as largely social venues, with lower limitations on membership requirements, so people could afford to visit more frequently this year.

I'm not sure when the risk levels will seem right to me to go back. Outdoors events are more ideal, similar to bars, for socials.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

So we are wondering and of course its personal taste, but will you go back to clubs, will you do a small network of friends to swing with, will you not play until its 100% safe, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are."

I will definitely be going back when they open.

For me, clubs is swinging as I don’t enjoy parties.

I’m fully vaccinated, and think once restrictions lift and most adults have had the chance to get their vaccine if they chose to, I’ll be fine about going back

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Well clubs wont open till it is reasonably safe so I'm happy to go once they do

And in the news today about the vaccine offering a good deal of protection against catching it too.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

If we are to believe the news this week about how effective the AZ is particularly then there's a possibility of something happening..

People also need to realise its not just about their health but also people they mix with.. 00.03 means nothing if you are a carrier of it to someone else right?

Which changes the %ages margin for potential to infect others a bit more?

Clubs may open or try to after May /June/August though without a vaccine passport and lateral flow tests etc they won't I think get much interest for a while from many people ..those who are still worried about those who currently don't seem to give a shit will keep the numbers of club goers very low.

Its probably not going to change much till much later in the year even next year I would say.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

So some are worried about a tiny risk of catching a bug that vaccines have been shown to stop serious illness with almost 100% certainty yet were happy 18 months ago to go swinging and have sex with total strangers that could mean catching any number of nasty little bugs some of which you might never get rid of. Strange world.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"So some are worried about a tiny risk of catching a bug that vaccines have been shown to stop serious illness with almost 100% certainty yet were happy 18 months ago to go swinging and have sex with total strangers that could mean catching any number of nasty little bugs some of which you might never get rid of. Strange world. "

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!

Manchester (she/her)

"So some are worried about a tiny risk of catching a bug that vaccines have been shown to stop serious illness with almost 100% certainty yet were happy 18 months ago to go swinging and have sex with total strangers that could mean catching any number of nasty little bugs some of which you might never get rid of. Strange world. "

Imagine comparing diseases we've been able to treat or manage for years, to a novel virus which has set the world on fire

By *lub playCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool, At The Crack Of Dawn!!

Everything is speculation at the minute and no definite date or rules to open fully have been advised meaning the best our club can do is be ready for after June 21st and adapt to any rules or date changes from the government.

It's very frustrating as a club and the reason many _estivals have decided not to go ahead this year with lack of clarity on the situation from local council authorities & government.

We suspect there is an political issue for the government with the local elections in May and think we will find out more after they are over or at least we are hoping xxx

bournemouth

"So some are worried about a tiny risk of catching a bug that vaccines have been shown to stop serious illness with almost 100% certainty yet were happy 18 months ago to go swinging and have sex with total strangers that could mean catching any number of nasty little bugs some of which you might never get rid of. Strange world.

Imagine comparing diseases we've been able to treat or manage for years, to a novel virus which has set the world on fire "

Yes at the start, that's why lockdown happened,we now have vaccines that virtually make death from covid zero according to the experts yet several sexually transmitted diseases are still either difficult to treat, resistance to treatment or there arent any, I know which I would sooner catch.

Manchester (she/her)

"So some are worried about a tiny risk of catching a bug that vaccines have been shown to stop serious illness with almost 100% certainty yet were happy 18 months ago to go swinging and have sex with total strangers that could mean catching any number of nasty little bugs some of which you might never get rid of. Strange world.

Imagine comparing diseases we've been able to treat or manage for years, to a novel virus which has set the world on fire

Yes at the start, that's why lockdown happened,we now have vaccines that virtually make death from covid zero according to the experts yet several sexually transmitted diseases are still either difficult to treat, resistance to treatment or there arent any, I know which I would sooner catch. "

I'd rather take my chances with diseases I know how to mitigate the risk of and where effective treatment exists. But hey, you do you.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We will be back to clubs just as soon as they are open.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We will be back to clubs just as soon as they are open.

"

Yep and us. I also predict they will be busy. We can’t wait to get busy living again. There’s plenty of things in this world that can kill you. We are still gonna try and live our life to its fullest. Hopefully all the doom & gloom merchants will stay at home posting on the internet worrying about what might happen if they leave the house.

By *S_CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Near Leeds

We will be returning ASAP once vaccinated to be honest.

I’m looking forward to club’s opening again, but I’m going to wait until the mad rush is over and things get back to normal. That said; there’s a chance I may go earlier as it will be 18 months since I last had sex

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Have yet to experiance a club! So as soon as albe to will do x

Probably more chance of catching it in a packed tube on the London underground than a sex club.

Most of us will probably go back to the office before going to sex clubs

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Yep and us. I also predict they will be busy. We can’t wait to get busy living again. There’s plenty of things in this world that can kill you. We are still gonna try and live our life to its fullest. Hopefully all the doom & gloom merchants will stay at home posting on the internet worrying about what might happen if they leave the house."

Imagine comparing diseases we've been able to treat or manage for years, to a novel virus which has set the world on fire "

Exactly

I can’t see how someone could make such an analogy

I think the first four letters of that last word are very ironic

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Yep and us. I also predict they will be busy. We can’t wait to get busy living again. There’s plenty of things in this world that can kill you. We are still gonna try and live our life to its fullest. Hopefully all the doom & gloom merchants will stay at home posting on the internet worrying about what might happen if they leave the house."

By *andb13Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

So will clubs ask for people to be vaccinated before allowing people to attend?

Covid is never going to fully go away.

We personally will be back at clubs once we are allowed to. We miss the social side as well as the sexual side.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

After my experiences at LB I am very wary of clubs tbh.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"So will clubs ask for people to be vaccinated before allowing people to attend?

Covid is never going to fully go away.

We personally will be back at clubs once we are allowed to. We miss the social side as well as the sexual side."

It will probably depend on the level of infection and business, I'd guess. They could use the 30 minutes lateral flow tests, as a quick check for possible infections, which gives a bit of inconvenience, keeping people waiting as well as staff time. Possibly they'd be able to check the vaccine passport.

If infection levels stay low over a long period, it's possible that ever more people will return to clubs, like the other parts of life getting open.

By autumn, most people will be vaccinated, giving society greater protection. That alone may be enough to boost the confidence of many, if infection levels stay low.

There's a bit of a wait and see, finding out how summer opens up.

Covid will be around and resurface the same as flu..both have the ability to kill...yet before covid clubs where open and people didn't panic it will probably be the same after they re-open. Initially there will be people who are cautious but the majority will return in our opinion..

By *weetMelanieTV/TS  over a year ago

London

My friends and people that I know are really desperate to go back to the clubs as soon as allowed, I think there is a lot of pent up demand!

tbh once vaccinated we are more at risk from the usual STDs than covid..

xx

By *ewfie02Couple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Well said.

By *ewfie02Couple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Well said

"My friends and people that I know are really desperate to go back to the clubs as soon as allowed, I think there is a lot of pent up demand!

tbh once vaccinated we are more at risk from the usual STDs than covid..

xx"

i think the point some are making is , yes you are at risk of stds but you know that condoms are available to mitigate that risk and so most opt to use them

so the OP is raising the parallel with covid that the risk won’t be fully gone so what are people thinking in terms of their mitigation strategy or at what point will they be comfortable with no additional mitigation and not worry any more

What I don't see agree with or understand how any club can open right now considering nightclubs aren't allowed to open, which is the case in Scotland as well. Yet CJ's is opening next week. I don't know how she's managed to do that

bournemouth

"What I don't see agree with or understand how any club can open right now considering nightclubs aren't allowed to open, which is the case in Scotland as well. Yet CJ's is opening next week. I don't know how she's managed to do that "

Any hospitality business can open as long as they are "outside" and maintain social distances, I'm sure that could be done by a club that has outside facilities, stopping people breaking the distance rules will be hard.

"What I don't see agree with or understand how any club can open right now considering nightclubs aren't allowed to open, which is the case in Scotland as well. Yet CJ's is opening next week. I don't know how she's managed to do that

Any hospitality business can open as long as they are "outside" and maintain social distances, I'm sure that could be done by a club that has outside facilities, stopping people breaking the distance rules will be hard."

CJ's doesn't have outside facilities though for obvious reasons of course x

bournemouth

"What I don't see agree with or understand how any club can open right now considering nightclubs aren't allowed to open, which is the case in Scotland as well. Yet CJ's is opening next week. I don't know how she's managed to do that

Any hospitality business can open as long as they are "outside" and maintain social distances, I'm sure that could be done by a club that has outside facilities, stopping people breaking the distance rules will be hard.

CJ's doesn't have outside facilities though for obvious reasons of course x"

Well they cant open till the 17th May then according to current rules.

Well they cant open till the 17th May then according to current rules."

So that makes me wonder how she's got round the rules by opening so soon

Well they cant open till the 17th May then according to current rules.

So that makes me wonder how she's got round the rules by opening so soon "

If you go back to March 2020 and the start of the pandemic CJ’s hit the news by refusing to stop their sex parties, their covid provision was to limit revellers to 100 and asked people to wash their hands before and after play...

In short, they where pretty militant and fkn irresponsible then so why presume they are any different now?

I am going back to clubs when they open, I get my second vaccine before then.

It is here to stay sadly and I won't put anymore of my life on hold.

My loved ones who needed it (out of those who would take it) have had both jabs already too.

Aside from the shops and 1 meal at the pubs I havnt really been anywhere since october. This is effecting me mentally and emotionally and I cannot take much more.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I shall be chewing the door of my favourite club off it's hinges once it reopens. Brace yourself menfolk!

best comment ever lol

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"best comment ever lol"

It's been a slow year

Good post... My view is that they'd be better forcing the whole country to have chlamydia, hep and STD tests.. Inc HIV so that we can all have safer fun... Its all about reducing risk I guess. Covid has been here forever in some form or another and always will be! Going to clubs.. Any clubs for that matter always carries a risk to your health; emotional and physical but its fun and risky maybe lol... Just accept covid as part of life.. Enjoy x

Finally someone with sense x

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Would be a problem for someone meeting not vaccinated people?

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Op...you say clubs won't be fully safe because vaccines don't stop you getting covid. No they dont, they do make it less serious tho, so meeting at a club will only pose the same risk as getting a cold from someone in a club.

Lots of illnesses can be picked up, not just covid...if you waited until you were safe from every illness.. you'd never go

» Add a new message to this topic