FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will social distancing be end by June 21st

Will social distancing be end by June 21st

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r-Oreo OP   Man  over a year ago

Telford Wellington

I have a feeling that sage members are mostly pessimistic old men..The Indian variant is not resistant to the vaccine, yet they say they might delay the opening of the country..

I have been following the data everyday for 2 months and I wonder, WHY.

Why do they need to delay the country over a variant that "most likely" will not lead to an increase in hospitalisation?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ewfie02Couple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Bloody hope so!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not sure they're decision making is anything to do with their age etc, tbh they have by and large been accurate in their predictions and had they been listened to more last September we might not have had the numbers hospitalised and sadly dead in the horrendous second wave..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Generally speaking the default with this kind of thing is a cautious approach. Because making people wait is a better option than letting people die.

I'm not saying in this specific instance. Here, I don't know. But I'd rather be the person keeping businesses closed an extra week than assuming it'll be fine and allowing another wave.

By *r-Oreo OP   Man  over a year ago

Telford Wellington

I didnt mean to offend anyone.

99% of people over 70 have recieved at least 1 dose of the vaccine and it is working.

The most important thing is hospitalisation.

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Not sure they're decision making is anything to do with their age etc, tbh they have by and large been accurate in their predictions and had they been listened to more last September we might not have had the numbers hospitalised and sadly dead in the horrendous second wave.."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I didnt mean to offend anyone.

99% of people over 70 have recieved at least 1 dose of the vaccine and it is working.

The most important thing is hospitalisation. "

Don't think you have mate, and yes agree on the rest..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Generally speaking the default with this kind of thing is a cautious approach. Because making people wait is a better option than letting people die.

I'm not saying in this specific instance. Here, I don't know. But I'd rather be the person keeping businesses closed an extra week than assuming it'll be fine and allowing another wave. "

this

plus even if it doesn’t lead to hospitalisation, increased transmission is increased possibilities for a mutation that does - why after all this hardship risk it for the sake of a few weeks?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

That is crystal ball talk, sage are making best guesses and that's all they can do, we are on a wait and see ride with these variants and I'd be happy to stop after mondays restrictions lifting tbh

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I'm ruling nothing out. I seem to remember last summer and we all thought it was over, cases and hospitalisations were down drasticly, then came more lockdowns and restrictions with rising cases. This pandemic has taught me one thing, its to expect the unexpected, nothing is certain anymore. Hopefully this time the vaccine efforts will hold us in good stead for any future out breaks leaving us to get back to some kind of normality.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I think they are covering their own backs, just in case.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's reasonable to be uncertain when you have limited data. I prefer to be this way than pretend otherwise.

Whilst we have restrictions, it's easier to contain this new variant - it will be much, much harder from Monday. We should act quickly, to control and reduce it here.

And not pretend that we know a lot about it, when we do not

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i think we have to be carefull to not relax things to quickly, we need to be sure first, nomatter how much we are all sick of the rules, they are working

» Add a new message to this topic