FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it half term?

Is it half term?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

Such jubilation on the news channels interviewing all the Brit families jetting off to the sun ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wondered that too! Saw them on the news last night. Parents being interviewed. The kids looked fed up.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

In the midst of an ongoing global pandemic these poor people ‘need’ a holiday.

Who doesn’t want and love a holiday? Nobody needs one. Get real!

I guess people need some fun back in their lives after essentially being locked up for 14 months.

Let's not judge, everyone's circumstances are different.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 09:13:27]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Most kids were home schooled for months. They will have had varying standards of teaching depending on their home life and their school's provision. A couple of weeks on holiday won't hurt them, it might do them good.

"In the midst of an ongoing global pandemic these poor people ‘need’ a holiday.

Who doesn’t want and love a holiday? Nobody needs one. Get real! "

There’s lots of thing we don’t ‘need’ but we do them anyway. Because we can. And because it’s how we live our lives.

Not sure why the hysteria on here about people going abroad. Everyone has to test before they board the flight home, anyone testing positive won’t be able to board. And upon returning they will be tested multiple times again regardless of if they have symptoms.

Perhaps there’s a case for saying that these people, actually, will be more aware of whether they have the virus present than people who aren’t having to do mandatory tests. I can’t wait for the comments .....

Who doesn’t want and love a holiday? Nobody needs one. Get real! "

The bloody fun sponge is here.

Bet there is loads of things you don’t need but still do too.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

" I wondered that too! Saw them on the news last night. Parents being interviewed. The kids looked fed up. "

Will be Interesting to see how many schools will actually fine them

Bet there is loads of things you don’t need but still do too. "

I’m so stealing that term

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I can't see a problem, if that's what they want to do.

the same folk would have been crying out a few months ago about how the poor kids had suffered so much by missing face to face teaching for so long

"Most kids were home schooled for months. They will have had varying standards of teaching depending on their home life and their school's provision. A couple of weeks on holiday won't hurt them, it might do them good."

I can see your point. But surely they need to try and get as much school time as possible while it's available.

I'm a fun sponge.

" I wondered that too! Saw them on the news last night. Parents being interviewed. The kids looked fed up.

Will be Interesting to see how many schools will actually fine them"

Hopefully they won't get fined.

I think schools should have abolished school uniform the last 2 years too.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Most kids were home schooled for months. They will have had varying standards of teaching depending on their home life and their school's provision. A couple of weeks on holiday won't hurt them, it might do them good.

I can see your point. But surely they need to try and get as much school time as possible while it's available.

I'm a fun sponge. "

I honestly don't think it will make much difference overall. I wouldn't take pupils out in an important exam year but otherwise given the current circumstances I wouldn't be too concerned. My parents used to take me out of school to look after my brother's ...that should be earning enough

"Most kids were home schooled for months. They will have had varying standards of teaching depending on their home life and their school's provision. A couple of weeks on holiday won't hurt them, it might do them good.

I'm a fun sponge. "

Honestly I don’t think a week or 2 extra is going to make much difference overall considering they have hardly been in for a year.

It was fine for them to just stay home and do some crap work sheets in lockdown 1.

Kids have lost a lot too and been through the pandemic. They deserve a break and maybe if holiday companies didn’t triple some prices in school

Holidays the parents wouldn’t need to take them in school time.

I’m so stealing that term "

It’s one of my favourite terms

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm a fun sponge.

I honestly don't think it will make much difference overall. I wouldn't take pupils out in an important exam year but otherwise given the current circumstances I wouldn't be too concerned. My parents used to take me out of school to look after my brother's ...that should be earning enough "

*warning

I'm a fun sponge.

I honestly don't think it will make much difference overall. I wouldn't take pupils out in an important exam year but otherwise given the current circumstances I wouldn't be too concerned. My parents used to take me out of school to look after my brother's ...that should be earning enough

*warning"

Aha I thought you meant it was worth the money

I'm a fun sponge.

Honestly I don’t think a week or 2 extra is going to make much difference overall considering they have hardly been in for a year.

It was fine for them to just stay home and do some crap work sheets in lockdown 1.

Kids have lost a lot too and been through the pandemic. They deserve a break and maybe if holiday companies didn’t triple some prices in school

Holidays the parents wouldn’t need to take them in school time. "

Yeah good point about the price of holidays especially after covid lockdowns.

My icy heart is melting.

I'm a fun sponge.

My icy heart is melting. "

Ha ha

I went to book a trip away for this school holiday coming up. I accidentally put in the week before as I got the dates mixed up to begin with. When I realised and changed the date the place I was looking at was 3.5x the price for the same thing.

Some families can afford the increase but a lot can’t with the year we have all had.

I also might be Bias as my family took me out of school for two weeks every year to go abroad with my nan and grandad and it’s some of the best childhood memories I have and both me and my brother did just fine at school.

here

" I wondered that too! Saw them on the news last night. Parents being interviewed. The kids looked fed up.

"

I'm sure the possibility of a fine will be factored into the cost of the trip...

#fun sponges can be fun.

Maldon

Not in times of a global health emergency no.

I'm a fun sponge.

My icy heart is melting.

Ha ha

I went to book a trip away for this school holiday coming up. I accidentally put in the week before as I got the dates mixed up to begin with. When I realised and changed the date the place I was looking at was 3.5x the price for the same thing.

Some families can afford the increase but a lot can’t with the year we have all had.

I also might be Bias as my family took me out of school for two weeks every year to go abroad with my nan and grandad and it’s some of the best childhood memories I have and both me and my brother did just fine at school.

"

But what if teachers wanted to go on holiday when its cheaper? How would you respond if your kids couldn't go to school this week because mr bloggs has gone to Portugal??? Just asking...

I'm sure the possibility of a fine will be factored into the cost of the trip...

#fun sponges can be fun.

"

My sons school have already said they won’t fine for anything this school year and even if they did it would still be a ton cheaper.

Ha ha Fun sponges suck the fun out of the room

I'm a fun sponge.

My icy heart is melting.

Ha ha

But what if teachers wanted to go on holiday when its cheaper? How would you respond if your kids couldn't go to school this week because mr bloggs has gone to Portugal??? Just asking..."

It’s the teachers job. It’s in their contracts they can’t. It’s standard practice all the time for them and if they don’t like those terms then they shouldn’t of took a job that doesn’t allow holiday in school time.

It’s not like the parents are asking for the teacher to work a weeks school holiday to make up for them going on holiday.

Not in times of a global health emergency no."

Of course you don’t.

Maldon

Not in times of a global health emergency no.

Of course you don’t. "

We are in agreement then.

By *orneytwoCouple  over a year ago

Not far from lichfield

"Such jubilation on the news channels interviewing all the Brit families jetting off to the sun ..."

We will not be flying soon maybe never.BUT if you think of STD'S and swinging. Not really a good idea but we still do it.people like to live.

PS we was been shelding for over a year time to live

God forbid a family have a little fun after 14 months of misery. I saw lots of families flying out to see loved ones living overseas, quick someone call the fun police along with the miserable judgemental police

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

It is unfortunate that most of the parents won't get fined for taking their children out of school in term time.

Fines should be high enough to wipe out any savings in holiday price. There are over 13 weeks in a year of school holidays and that is when families should go on holiday.

As for those who bleat about crowds and high prices in the school holidays, that is what you sign up for when you have kids.

"It is unfortunate that most of the parents won't get fined for taking their children out of school in term time.

Fines should be high enough to wipe out any savings in holiday price. There are over 13 weeks in a year of school holidays and that is when families should go on holiday.

As for those who bleat about crowds and high prices in the school holidays, that is what you sign up for when you have kids."

have looked at prices for a holiday well outside school holiday times and they were a fortune, so i think its safe to say the families that can afford to go now at those prices plus covid test, no matter what the school fine is set at its going to be a drop in the ocean to them - these people arent scrimping by to get away thats for sure

"It is unfortunate that most of the parents won't get fined for taking their children out of school in term time.

"

This quote just highlights everything wrong with society today.

If a family want to spend time together after a torrid 12 months and submerse themselves in another culture let them crack on.

If a family want to spend time together after a torrid 12 months and submerse themselves in another culture let them crack on."

Completely agree. It’s sad really.

If a family want to spend time together after a torrid 12 months and submerse themselves in another culture, let them crack on.

Completely agree. It’s sad really. "

People love to be offended these days.

If a family want to spend time together after a torrid 12 months and submerse themselves in another culture, let them crack on.

People love to be offended these days. "

Misery breeds misery. People need to mind their own business

Misery breeds misery. People need to mind their own business "

Couldn't agree more

Misery breeds misery. People need to mind their own business

Couldn't agree more "

Probably the same kind of people that begrudge a child a free meal in the school

Holidays when their parents are struggling.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's not half term here until next week.

here

"Parents being interviewed. The kids looked fed up. "

Maybe the kids looked fed up as they have just spent a torturous 12 months with their parents and now find themselves doing another 2 weeks of bird instead of having some time back in the classroom with their mates and learning from professional teachers

#funspongesarefun

" having some time back in the classroom

"

Thought no young person ever

"Parents being interviewed. The kids looked fed up.

Maybe the kids looked fed up as they have just spent a torturous 12 months with their parents and now find themselves doing another 2 weeks of bird instead of having some time back in the classroom with their mates and learning from professional teachers

#funspongesarefun

"

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Fun sponge

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

This week and next week at school for us but then half term

For the first time in 21 years, my youngest will actually miss a few days of school because we're abroad. Turns out shoving our Xmas holiday back a year, well it didn't align with the next school Xmas end. He'll miss 3 days as they are in until 22nd dec

Changing flights and holiday is + £1459

Potential fine from council £40.

If we have to quarantine 5 days on return, with my dates he'll be back for start of term. If I change dates he won't start back on time in Jan.

Not even sorry he's going to miss 3 days. Lets me honest we won't learn anything in the last 3 days but he'll learn lots with me If he was in a crucial school year it might concern me more.

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

» Add a new message to this topic