FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 21st june will it b over lmao

21st june will it b over lmao

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *jj 69 OP   Man  over a year ago

old trafford

Do people think boris will lift lockdown or nothing will change . I think stay the same tbf for another month i am missin the club scene thou

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Depending on how the Indian variant goes. Although I suspect it’ll stay as it is for a while longer. Which is fine by me

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I think it's going to stay the same all year

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Reintroduce local rules so some places can come out more

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It will remain the same for at least another two weeks

With the problems in the Northwest, I would say it is unlikely.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Most people seem to be acting as if it's been lifted anyway, so I don't it will make much difference.

I thought (though may be wrong) infection and admission rates were lower than what they said they would need to be to enter the next stage anyway, so why would he backtrack?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Even I’m confused, what lockdown rules have not yet been relaxed?

I’m still mask wearing, not flying abroad and not clubbing but what else should I not do?

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Highly unlikely.

Doubt it .. an initial 2 week extension which will be subsequently further extended I reckon.

Only thing I want is for capacities to be increased at Wembley in the later stages of Euro20 all going well (and even better if England progress..)

All I know is that I’ll be another year older then as it’s my birthday. The best gift would be not having to wear masks anywhere. I miss seeing people’s faces.

By *orace pinkerMan  over a year ago

North west

It will stay the same, it will be to late to totally lift everything back to normal as winter will be here, back to lockdown

North west

"It will stay the same, it will be to late to totally lift everything back to normal as winter will be here, back to lockdown"

Even with a vaccine I may add

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Even I’m confused, what lockdown rules have not yet been relaxed?

I’m still mask wearing, not flying abroad and not clubbing but what else should I not do?"

No dancing. No more than 30 at weddings. Pubs and restaurants indoors no more than 70% capacity. Socially distanced cinemas and theatres. No adult education classes. No indoor choirs. Only one visitor for a hospital patient. I'm sure there are more

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No. I don’t think so.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Depending on how the Indian variant goes. Although I suspect it’ll stay as it is for a while longer. Which is fine by me "

Ahem..... Delta variant that originated in India

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Depending on how the Indian variant goes. Although I suspect it’ll stay as it is for a while longer. Which is fine by me

Ahem..... Delta variant that originated in India "

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

I don't think it will end on the 21st June, the numbers of positive cases are rising at a fast pace here in the North West, not sure about any where else.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I’m still mask wearing, not flying abroad and not clubbing but what else should I not do?

No dancing. No more than 30 at weddings. Pubs and restaurants indoors no more than 70% capacity. Socially distanced cinemas and theatres. No adult education classes. No indoor choirs. Only one visitor for a hospital patient. I'm sure there are more "

Well that’s ok. None of those affect me so I’m not breaking law in error

Manchester (she/her)

No, definitely not over, if it indeed happens.

Won't be over until everyone eligible to be vaccinated has been offered both doses.

"I think it's going to stay the same all year"

Lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's hard to know, without having my hands on the data and being fully aware of all that's being done in the worst hit areas. It could go for a short delay, possibly not.

"It will stay the same, it will be to late to totally lift everything back to normal as winter will be here, back to lockdown"

How ridiculous.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Whilst current new cases are low at around 6k a day, they have been rising and are over 3X what they were on 5 May (1800).

I think it will depend on where it goes over the next 10 days. If over 10K a day then poss they will defer the end for a while.

North west

"It will stay the same, it will be to late to totally lift everything back to normal as winter will be here, back to lockdown

How ridiculous."

I'll remember this comment

By *quirtyndirty!Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Surely cases are totally irrelevant if the vaccines work? If not then what was the point of the vaccinations? The sooner people realise this will only be over when the general population says it is, and totally ignores the government and their crazy power trip, the better .

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I suspect the narrative will be thus

"Matt Hancock announces that the planned June 21st reopening and removal of English Covid restrictions has been deferred for 2 additional weeks until 5th July, to allow the NHS and other Public Protection bodies a chance to get more accurate oversight on the trending rise in the Delta variant.

Mr Hancock said that he and the Government were as deeply disappointed as any other citizens in pushing back the June 21st date, however he stressed that with falling hospital cases requiring Covid treatment, other emergency treatments which had been put on hold and had backlogged due to Covid could resume.

Mr Hancock said, "A short delay to our long term plans is not the outcome the Government or the people of England were expecting, but the Delta variant and enhanced transmissibility in cases is giving our public health experts cause for increased concern. We are listening to their advice and pausing the removal of all restrictions on June 21st. However with Covid patient hospitalisations at a record low, critical NHS resources can be realigned to make a real impact on other critical illness treatments, which have been deferred during the pandemic."

I reckon that's what's going to happen, and the July 5th deferral date will not be "set in stone". I will be an "advisory date, subject to change".

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I doubt restrictions will lift, many of the scientists advising the govt seem to have been against it from the start.

By *pforfun49Man  over a year ago

essex

Should cancel and ban all foreign holidays abroad this year and concentrate on keeping this country covid free instead of people bringing back different variants from other countries, then we will be ok

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Sounds good but really

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"No, definitely not over, if it indeed happens.

Won't be over until everyone eligible to be vaccinated has been offered both doses."

They need to be considering 3rd doses soon for the 80-90 age group who need their immune responses checking

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Surely cases are totally irrelevant if the vaccines work? If not then what was the point of the vaccinations? The sooner people realise this will only be over when the general population says it is, and totally ignores the government and their crazy power trip, the better ."

Yes the vaccine is the controlling factor but we are still some way off the number we need to be vaccinated. Currently I believe around 50% of uk adults are "double jabbed" 95% of those being hospitalised by the virus have not had two doses of the vaccine.

As for the bit about "the sooner the people realise"... this is just bollocks. There is nobody on the planet who doesn't want to see this thing finished.

Cal

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"I suspect the narrative will be thus

"Matt Hancock announces that the planned June 21st reopening and removal of English Covid restrictions has been deferred for 2 additional weeks until 5th July, to allow the NHS and other Public Protection bodies a chance to get more accurate oversight on the trending rise in the Delta variant.

Mr Hancock said that he and the Government were as deeply disappointed as any other citizens in pushing back the June 21st date, however he stressed that with falling hospital cases requiring Covid treatment, other emergency treatments which had been put on hold and had backlogged due to Covid could resume.

Mr Hancock said, "A short delay to our long term plans is not the outcome the Government or the people of England were expecting, but the Delta variant and enhanced transmissibility in cases is giving our public health experts cause for increased concern. We are listening to their advice and pausing the removal of all restrictions on June 21st. However with Covid patient hospitalisations at a record low, critical NHS resources can be realigned to make a real impact on other critical illness treatments, which have been deferred during the pandemic."

I reckon that's what's going to happen, and the July 5th deferral date will not be "set in stone". I will be an "advisory date, subject to change"."

In other words we will never get our Freedoms back , they just love the control too much

Leeds

"Should cancel and ban all foreign holidays abroad this year and concentrate on keeping this country covid free instead of people bringing back different variants from other countries, then we will be ok "

Out of over 100,000 Covid tests at Faro airport only six were positive.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"Reintroduce local rules so some places can come out more"

The Canterbury constituency has a yo-yo infection rate that changes week by week.

It is apparently centred around the University and the comings and goings of students who have been either home abroad (there is a very large foreign student base at Canterbury) or have visited parts of the UK where cases are high.

The rest and the main bulk of the Canterbury constituency is relatively Covid low, I don’t know of anyone, family, friends, work colleagues or wider acquaintances who has had symptoms or tested positive.

I am also within throwing distance of the next Constituency where cases are as low as they have ever been.

It’s a bit simplistic to try and lockdown locally if its only one small confined area loclally that has just about all the cases.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

No dancing. No more than 30 at weddings. Pubs and restaurants indoors no more than 70% capacity. Socially distanced cinemas and theatres. No adult education classes. No indoor choirs. Only one visitor for a hospital patient. I'm sure there are more

Well that’s ok. None of those affect me so I’m not breaking law in error"

Snap... But the point is... You can go to cinema... You can get married... You can go to the pub and restaurant and you shouldn't be visiting more than one at a time in hospital anyway... So... Yes there are plenty of restrictions... Some should stay forever in my opinion.... Adult Ed classes are a big one to be missing. The rest....?

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Surely cases are totally irrelevant if the vaccines work? If not then what was the point of the vaccinations? The sooner people realise this will only be over when the general population says it is, and totally ignores the government and their crazy power trip, the better ."

Exactly!! X

Leeds

"

Snap... But the point is... You can go to cinema... You can get married... You can go to the pub and restaurant and you shouldn't be visiting more than one at a time in hospital anyway... So... Yes there are plenty of restrictions... Some should stay forever in my opinion.... Adult Ed classes are a big one to be missing. The rest....? "

Dancing (except first dance for a bride and groom)

Theatres can't afford to put on shows with large casts (eg musicals) until social distancing is removed

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Exactly they are on a power control trip and it intoxicating for them they can’t let it end

I think they will extend by 2 weeks maybe 4

Tin town

"Reintroduce local rules so some places can come out more

The Canterbury constituency has a yo-yo infection rate that changes week by week.

It is apparently centred around the University and the comings and goings of students who have been either home abroad (there is a very large foreign student base at Canterbury) or have visited parts of the UK where cases are high.

The rest and the main bulk of the Canterbury constituency is relatively Covid low, I don’t know of anyone, family, friends, work colleagues or wider acquaintances who has had symptoms or tested positive.

I am also within throwing distance of the next Constituency where cases are as low as they have ever been.

It’s a bit simplistic to try and lockdown locally if its only one small confined area loclally that has just about all the cases."

I suppose if you if ignore and don't vaccinate the most mobile of demographics.... Then remove lockdown measures, and encourage them to go out and hug and be mobile .... Its like night follows day. Who'd have thought.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

We need to learn to live with this, it's a virus and will go mutating.

We can be restricted but, G7 is going ahead - the rest if us are Zooming.

They are allowing flights.

They continue to move the goal posts and distort the information.

By *r-OreoMan  over a year ago

Telford Wellington

"I think they will extend by 2 weeks maybe 4"

2 max. Boris is a capitalist

He cares about money

"Do people think boris will lift lockdown or nothing will change . I think stay the same tbf for another month i am missin the club scene thou "
it will never lift completly NWO look at things we lost in freedom no mate this is the new tomorrow unfortunatly

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 09/06/21 09:52:30]

Newcastle

Given whether you have been vaccinated and have an illness you can still become unwell due to the illness but the vaccine works as those could've been dead. The number of cases now which is high is from the unvaccinated and whilst there is a huge amount of people who aren't I can see a further delay because of this as I heard this morning on the news I'm not judging those who haven't been vaccinated but common sense at this moment by number of deaths is an example the vaccine helps.

NW London

"I think they will extend by 2 weeks maybe 4

2 max. Boris is a capitalist

He cares about money "

Any country has to care about finances. What else pays for stuff like vaccine rollouts, furlough, welfare payments etc etc

Tin town

"Given whether you have been vaccinated and have an illness you can still become unwell due to the illness but the vaccine works as those could've been dead. The number of cases now which is high is from the unvaccinated and whilst there is a huge amount of people who aren't I can see a further delay because of this as I heard this morning on the news I'm not judging those who haven't been vaccinated but common sense at this moment by number of deaths is an example the vaccine helps."

It's not even been offered to more than 15m of us... So a bit hard to judge anyone for not having had it just yet.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

lol..so you think everyone abiding by the rules because the government advises it? I'd say it's because the people have the common sense and respect for each other to want to do it.

It has nothing to do with any wishes deep down for a fists in the air public defiance..its just being respectful..so Join in with everyone else! therse a love

Manchester (she/her)

"Given whether you have been vaccinated and have an illness you can still become unwell due to the illness but the vaccine works as those could've been dead. The number of cases now which is high is from the unvaccinated and whilst there is a huge amount of people who aren't I can see a further delay because of this as I heard this morning on the news I'm not judging those who haven't been vaccinated but common sense at this moment by number of deaths is an example the vaccine helps.

It's not even been offered to more than 15m of us... So a bit hard to judge anyone for not having had it just yet. "

And one dose is not enough

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"All I know is that I’ll be another year older then as it’s my birthday. The best gift would be not having to wear masks anywhere. I miss seeing people’s faces. "

Even when restrictions are lifted you will probably still have to wear a mask for a while Annie

With the Indian variant, they will keep lockdowns going on for as long as possible

By *quirtyndirty!Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

The public are ,on the whole, ignorant of the facts and are being deliberately misled by the media and government. The vaccines have been a success and very few people are dying from covid now.

Unlike cancer, sepsis, suicide and mental health caused by unnecessary lockdowns. The more people comply with these unnecessary rules the longer it will go on for.

"Surely cases are totally irrelevant if the vaccines work? If not then what was the point of the vaccinations? The sooner people realise this will only be over when the general population says it is, and totally ignores the government and their crazy power trip, the better .

lol..so you think everyone abiding by the rules because the government advises it? I'd say it's because the people have the common sense and respect for each other to want to do it.

It has nothing to do with any wishes deep down for a fists in the air public defiance..its just being respectful..so Join in with everyone else! therse a love"

Tin town

"The public are ,on the whole, ignorant of the facts and are being deliberately misled by the media and government. The vaccines have been a success and very few people are dying from covid now.

Unlike cancer, sepsis, suicide and mental health caused by unnecessary lockdowns. The more people comply with these unnecessary rules the longer it will go on for.

Surely cases are totally irrelevant if the vaccines work? If not then what was the point of the vaccinations? The sooner people realise this will only be over when the general population says it is, and totally ignores the government and their crazy power trip, the better .

It has nothing to do with any wishes deep down for a fists in the air public defiance..its just being respectful..so Join in with everyone else! therse a love"

What's stopping the nhs from addressing those issues right now? It's really lazy and blunt to say the nhs is unable to perform its obligations but why? What's stopping it?

Newcastle

"Given whether you have been vaccinated and have an illness you can still become unwell due to the illness but the vaccine works as those could've been dead. The number of cases now which is high is from the unvaccinated and whilst there is a huge amount of people who aren't I can see a further delay because of this as I heard this morning on the news I'm not judging those who haven't been vaccinated but common sense at this moment by number of deaths is an example the vaccine helps.

It's not even been offered to more than 15m of us... So a bit hard to judge anyone for not having had it just yet. "

But it's been offered (announced) to the age groups each time to contact and get themselves booked in for the vaccine

"With the Indian variant, they will keep lockdowns going on for as long as possible "

Just like they did by scaring everyone over the Kent strain ! Oh and let’s not forget the South African strain that was a real bad one like the Kent variant. Lol what a load of tosh , now it’s the Indian strain lol what next the Isle of Man strain or the French strain , you couldn’t make it up

Tin town

It's not even been offered to more than 15m of us... So a bit hard to judge anyone for not having had it just yet.

But it's been offered (announced) to the age groups each time to contact and get themselves booked in for the vaccine"

Only for those over 25 now.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Surely cases are totally irrelevant if the vaccines work? If not then what was the point of the vaccinations? The sooner people realise this will only be over when the general population says it is, and totally ignores the government and their crazy power trip, the better . Exactly they are on a power control trip and it intoxicating for them they can’t let it end "
sorry but why on earth would it be a power trip... the country has been on its knees and they certainly dont want it to go on any longer than necessary

Tin town

"With the Indian variant, they will keep lockdowns going on for as long as possible

Just like they did by scaring everyone over the Kent strain ! Oh and let’s not forget the South African strain that was a real bad one like the Kent variant. Lol what a load of tosh , now it’s the Indian strain lol what next the Isle of Man strain or the French strain , you couldn’t make it up "

I respect your choice to do as you see fit. But if anyone is making stuff up... Its some your words on here. Viruses mutate. I'm sceptical of lots of stuff. But can you explain who they are and why you think they will keep lockdowns going for as long as possible?

"With the Indian variant, they will keep lockdowns going on for as long as possible

Just like they did by scaring everyone over the Kent strain ! Oh and let’s not forget the South African strain that was a real bad one like the Kent variant. Lol what a load of tosh , now it’s the Indian strain lol what next the Isle of Man strain or the French strain , you couldn’t make it up

I respect your choice to do as you see fit. But if anyone is making stuff up... Its some your words on here. Viruses mutate. I'm sceptical of lots of stuff. But can you explain who they are and why you think they will keep lockdowns going for as long as possible? "

The government are telling lies have been from the start , all taking back handers , making sure their mates pockets get full too , enough is enough

Tin town

I respect your choice to do as you see fit. But if anyone is making stuff up... Its some your words on here. Viruses mutate. I'm sceptical of lots of stuff. But can you explain who they are and why you think they will keep lockdowns going for as long as possible?

The government are telling lies have been from the start , all taking back handers , making sure their mates pockets get full too , enough is enough "

Perhaps, I certainly agree there has been abuse of process for benefit of some, but you haven't answered the question as to why "they" want to keep lockdowns going for as long as possible?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Don't think it should be a fanfare unlocking day.

More a gradual opening of the gates.

It's been a long haul, let's not cock it up at the final corner.

The government are telling lies have been from the start , all taking back handers , making sure their mates pockets get full too , enough is enough

Perhaps, I certainly agree there has been abuse of process for benefit of some, but you haven't answered the question as to why "they" want to keep lockdowns going for as long as possible? "

To get richer simples , as these clowns know there on thin ice as there is not a chance they will win another election, so let’s keep the masses locked down get paid for being share holders in the 2 vaccine company’s , get more vaccinated. More money for Boris the clown and his band of Merry fuckwits

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"All I know is that I’ll be another year older then as it’s my birthday. The best gift would be not having to wear masks anywhere. I miss seeing people’s faces. "

Don’t bother wearing one. I don’t. Nobody challenges you and if they did I’d just say I’m exempt.

Tin town

Perhaps, I certainly agree there has been abuse of process for benefit of some, but you haven't answered the question as to why "they" want to keep lockdowns going for as long as possible?

To get richer simples , as these clowns know there on thin ice as there is not a chance they will win another election, so let’s keep the masses locked down get paid for being share holders in the 2 vaccine company’s , get more vaccinated. More money for Boris the clown and his band of Merry fuckwits "

What does being locked down have to do with vaccines?

By *orny andy yorkMan  over a year ago

york

"Depending on how the Indian variant goes. Although I suspect it’ll stay as it is for a while longer. Which is fine by me "
WHY ?

york

"No, definitely not over, if it indeed happens.

Won't be over until everyone eligible to be vaccinated has been offered both doses."

we don’t need everyone to be vaccinated we should be open now

york

Time people just said NO

28.5 million have had 2 doses

47 million have had 1 dose.

The vulnerable of all age groups are included in those numbers.

Just like they did by scaring everyone over the Kent strain ! Oh and let’s not forget the South African strain that was a real bad one like the Kent variant. Lol what a load of tosh , now it’s the Indian strain lol what next the Isle of Man strain or the French strain , you couldn’t make it up "

How many variants are there now?

Kent variant

South Africa variant

Indian variant

Any others?

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

How many variants are there now?

Kent variant

South Africa variant

Indian variant

Any others?"

The way viruses work, there will be thousands. These are just ones that stand out.

It's normal for all viruses to mutate in this way.

Tin town

The vulnerable of all age groups are included in those numbers."

Correct. Not sure what your point is though? It's not the ones who have been offered it. It's about the under 25s who have not been offered it yet. You know... The ones who are more likely to hit the pubs and socialise in larger groups

The vulnerable of all age groups are included in those numbers.

Correct. Not sure what your point is though? It's not the ones who have been offered it. It's about the under 25s who have not been offered it yet. You know... The ones who are more likely to hit the pubs and socialise in larger groups"

So when you said it’s not been offered to us, you didn’t mean you, you meant them.

Gotcha.

Newcastle

But it's been offered (announced) to the age groups each time to contact and get themselves booked in for the vaccine

Only for those over 25 now. "

That's what I'm talking about pal it's worked it's way through each age but in those have been those who declined as well but those who have been vaccinated and have an illness are still vulnerable to the virus more than those who don't have a illness and vaccinated. from the age group 50 they have quickly run down to lower age groups which is a great result, even better if those who were offered didn't decline for everyone sake.

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Reading BBC news tonight, there is no chance in hell that we are moving to the next stage on 21st, but to be honest - does it really matter?

Face masks are under a separate legislation and will be staying for the rest of the year no doubt anyway, so I’m trying to see through the smoke and mirrors myself and getting on with it the best I can.

We can see our parents, our family, our mates and even legally meet up with people we don’t know within the rule of 6 (so if people want to meet up off here they can). It’s a damn sight better than a few months ago and realistically I’m sure we can all cope with it for a bit longer if it means we don’t go backwards.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate being told what to do and apparently have an issue with authority, but I know I can influence FFA in this situation so I’m trying to go with the flow the best I can (assisted with the flow of cold San Miguel).

We’ll get there eventually, but for now I’m practicing “fuck it therapy”

york

"Reading BBC news tonight, there is no chance in hell that we are moving to the next stage on 21st, but to be honest - does it really matter?

Face masks are under a separate legislation and will be staying for the rest of the year no doubt anyway, so I’m trying to see through the smoke and mirrors myself and getting on with it the best I can.

We can see our parents, our family, our mates and even legally meet up with people we don’t know within the rule of 6 (so if people want to meet up off here they can). It’s a damn sight better than a few months ago and realistically I’m sure we can all cope with it for a bit longer if it means we don’t go backwards.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate being told what to do and apparently have an issue with authority, but I know I can influence FFA in this situation so I’m trying to go with the flow the best I can (assisted with the flow of cold San Miguel).

"

let’s face it most of us are back to normal now and these restrictions will only stop when we say no more

Manchester (she/her)

"Reading BBC news tonight, there is no chance in hell that we are moving to the next stage on 21st, but to be honest - does it really matter?

let’s face it most of us are back to normal now and these restrictions will only stop when we say no more "

Yes. The disease will disappear when we all tell the government to get bent. That's logical.

Not a chance they will let this go, they are enjoying the control,-and the money, and once restrictions are eased the "emergency" is over and the "vaccine" psychological coercion has to stop!

Somebody ought to tell Bunter, Handcock, and their merry scientists, and the main stream media, they are just background noise now.

By *r-OreoMan  over a year ago

Telford Wellington

"

But the night clubs aren't open for us and no play in swinger clubs

Tin town

let’s face it most of us are back to normal now and these restrictions will only stop when we say no more

Yes. The disease will disappear when we all tell the government to get bent. That's logical."

Isn't that how diseases work? Ignoring them and pretending they don't exist?

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. The disease will disappear when we all tell the government to get bent. That's logical.

Isn't that how diseases work? Ignoring them and pretending they don't exist? "

Funny how none of the people who feel this way about Covid feel that way about cancer.

It's almost like they haven't thought it through.

york

Funny how none of the people who feel this way about Covid feel that way about cancer.

It's almost like they haven't thought it through."

cancers more deadly than covid

york

It's almost like they haven't thought it through. cancers more deadly than covid "

the virus will not disappear in our lifetime and the restrictions are out of all proportion to the risk

"Do people think boris will lift lockdown or nothing will change . I think stay the same tbf for another month i am missin the club scene thou "

Think it’s not gonna happen especially now that they got the Indian variant mixed in the media… perfect timing I must say….

Shut the border early wouldn't have bin a problem

"Shut the border early wouldn't have bin a problem"
to be fair I think we are more than capable of having our own mutations... but yes.. look at Australia.... my brothers been enjoying normality for quite a while now x

" But the night clubs aren't open for us and no play in swinger clubs "

there are bigger things in life than casual sex and a dancefloor and i pity anyone that can’t see that

its the folk whos livelihood depends on these venues reopening that i feel for

york

"Shut the border early wouldn't have bin a problem to be fair I think we are more than capable of having our own mutations... but yes.. look at Australia.... my brothers been enjoying normality for quite a while now x "
Can not compare Australia to the uk

nearby

If all the G7 hangers on can go to Cornwall for a weeks jolly along with 5000 extra cops from all over the UK then 21st June should be on.

"Shut the border early wouldn't have bin a problem to be fair I think we are more than capable of having our own mutations... but yes.. look at Australia.... my brothers been enjoying normality for quite a while now x Can not compare Australia to the uk "

Why not.... they have many areas we could have learnt from.... as they have managed it exceptionally well.

Tin town

It's almost like they haven't thought it through. cancers more deadly than covid "

Disease top trumps anyone ...?

Tin town

"If all the G7 hangers on can go to Cornwall for a weeks jolly along with 5000 extra cops from all over the UK then 21st June should be on. "

Because one hotel in Cornwall with leaders under 24 hour surveillance by the press is exactly the same as your local spoons on a busy Friday night?

Manchester (she/her)

"Shut the border early wouldn't have bin a problem to be fair I think we are more than capable of having our own mutations... but yes.. look at Australia.... my brothers been enjoying normality for quite a while now x Can not compare Australia to the uk

Why not.... they have many areas we could have learnt from.... as they have managed it exceptionally well."

Any comparison that makes the UK look bad is automatically invalid because reasons

york

"Shut the border early wouldn't have bin a problem to be fair I think we are more than capable of having our own mutations... but yes.. look at Australia.... my brothers been enjoying normality for quite a while now x Can not compare Australia to the uk

Why not.... they have many areas we could have learnt from.... as they have managed it exceptionally well.

Any comparison that makes the UK look bad is automatically invalid because reasons"

if you think you can compare to islands in the middle of the pacific which have lower populations are not transport hubs etc you really are deluded

Manchester (she/her)

Any comparison that makes the UK look bad is automatically invalid because reasons if you think you can compare to islands in the middle of the pacific which have lower populations are not transport hubs etc you really are deluded"

The equal or higher population density of Australian cities counts less than British population density because the outback exists!

Damn you, Skippy!

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Why not.... they have many areas we could have learnt from.... as they have managed it exceptionally well."

Because we are 2 islands..we are about as different as its possible to be

liverpool

Any comparison that makes the UK look bad is automatically invalid because reasons if you think you can compare to islands in the middle of the pacific which have lower populations are not transport hubs etc you really are deluded

The equal or higher population density of Australian cities counts less than British population density because the outback exists!

Damn you, Skippy!

"

I always remember fondly the poster who suggested we had a unique weather system which accounted for the high death rate..utter genius

Manchester (she/her)

Any comparison that makes the UK look bad is automatically invalid because reasons if you think you can compare to islands in the middle of the pacific which have lower populations are not transport hubs etc you really are deluded

Damn you, Skippy!

I always remember fondly the poster who suggested we had a unique weather system which accounted for the high death rate..utter genius"

Any excuse really. It'd be funny under any other circumstance. Given the last year or so, it's sad and a bit scary that people still cling to this nonsense.

liverpool

Damn you, Skippy!

I always remember fondly the poster who suggested we had a unique weather system which accounted for the high death rate..utter genius

Any excuse really. It'd be funny under any other circumstance. Given the last year or so, it's sad and a bit scary that people still cling to this nonsense."

We also have an apparently unique disobedient population and the only country in the world where we have a dense and bame population.

Tbf it was quite amusing watching them devise the most colourful explanation.

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Any excuse really. It'd be funny under any other circumstance. Given the last year or so, it's sad and a bit scary that people still cling to this nonsense.

We also have an apparently unique disobedient population and the only country in the world where we have a dense and bame population.

Tbf it was quite amusing watching them devise the most colourful explanation."

But also kangaroos.

liverpool

Damn you, Skippy!

Tbf it was quite amusing watching them devise the most colourful explanation.

But also kangaroos."

york

Places with harder or stricter lockdowns have done no better than places with little or no restrictions

york

Damn you, Skippy!

"

Your talking rubbish

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish "

No, I'm not. Over 90% of Australia's population lives on 5% of the land mass. Look it up, do your research.

The fact there are bits where no fucker lives is utterly irrelevant.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

No, I'm not. Over 90% of Australia's population lives on 5% of the land mass. Look it up, do your research.

The fact there are bits where no fucker lives is utterly irrelevant."

it’s not just about population destiny your deluded if you think you can compare us to Australia and New Zealand but then you just like to push the lockdown narrative and also that 5 % of land mass is quite a big area . I suspect you wear a mask outside and do what ever the government tell you too

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

The fact there are bits where no fucker lives is utterly irrelevant. it’s not just about population destiny your deluded if you think you can compare us to Australia and New Zealand but then you just like to push the lockdown narrative and also that 5 % of land mass is quite a big area . I suspect you wear a mask outside and do what ever the government tell you too "

I'm sorry you think this is personal. It isn't. I feel no need to insult you.

I know there are multiple facets to your argument, I was only responding to one.

I follow the evidence as best as I understand it. I comply with the law - it is the law, I don't fancy legal trouble - and I take precautionary measures that I think are appropriate given the situation. I'm sorry you have a problem with that. I'm merely pointing out a flaw in your argument.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

The fact there are bits where no fucker lives is utterly irrelevant. it’s not just about population destiny your deluded if you think you can compare us to Australia and New Zealand but then you just like to push the lockdown narrative and also that 5 % of land mass is quite a big area . I suspect you wear a mask outside and do what ever the government tell you too

I know there are multiple facets to your argument, I was only responding to one.

I follow the evidence as best as I understand it. I comply with the law - it is the law, I don't fancy legal trouble - and I take precautionary measures that I think are appropriate given the situation. I'm sorry you have a problem with that. I'm merely pointing out a flaw in your argument."

most of it is not law and following thing that don’t make sense is ridiculous and as for all this scaremongering about the Indian variant is just total bullshit

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

The fact there are bits where no fucker lives is utterly irrelevant. it’s not just about population destiny your deluded if you think you can compare us to Australia and New Zealand but then you just like to push the lockdown narrative and also that 5 % of land mass is quite a big area . I suspect you wear a mask outside and do what ever the government tell you too

I follow the evidence as best as I understand it. I comply with the law - it is the law, I don't fancy legal trouble - and I take precautionary measures that I think are appropriate given the situation. I'm sorry you have a problem with that. I'm merely pointing out a flaw in your argument. most of it is not law and following thing that don’t make sense is ridiculous and as for all this scaremongering about the Indian variant is just total bullshit "

If you have any evidence for that I'd be delighted to see it.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

I follow the evidence as best as I understand it. I comply with the law - it is the law, I don't fancy legal trouble - and I take precautionary measures that I think are appropriate given the situation. I'm sorry you have a problem with that. I'm merely pointing out a flaw in your argument. most of it is not law and following thing that don’t make sense is ridiculous and as for all this scaremongering about the Indian variant is just total bullshit

If you have any evidence for that I'd be delighted to see it."

Evidence of what

2 weeks to flatten the curve

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

I follow the evidence as best as I understand it. I comply with the law - it is the law, I don't fancy legal trouble - and I take precautionary measures that I think are appropriate given the situation. I'm sorry you have a problem with that. I'm merely pointing out a flaw in your argument. most of it is not law and following thing that don’t make sense is ridiculous and as for all this scaremongering about the Indian variant is just total bullshit

If you have any evidence for that I'd be delighted to see it. Evidence of what "

Evidence that worrying about the increase in cases is bullshit, evidence that the Delta variant isn't worth worrying about, etc. You're saying a lot of things that fly in the face of the evidence as I understand it.

Please provide evidence for your position.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

If you have any evidence for that I'd be delighted to see it. Evidence of what

Evidence that worrying about the increase in cases is bullshit, evidence that the Delta variant isn't worth worrying about, etc. You're saying a lot of things that fly in the face of the evidence as I understand it.

Please provide evidence for your position."

the Indian variant is no more dangerous and is obvious a rise in cases is not a problem . Viruses mutate all the time is does not make them more dangerous. Maybe try listening to some experts who are not paid by the government. The evidence is in plane sight but the government has got you that scared about a virus with over a 99% survival rate that you refuse to see it .

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

Please provide evidence for your position. the Indian variant is no more dangerous and is obvious a rise in cases is not a problem . Viruses mutate all the time is does not make them more dangerous. Maybe try listening to some experts who are not paid by the government. The evidence is in plane sight but the government has got you that scared about a virus with over a 99% survival rate that you refuse to see it . "

Assertions and conjecture are not evidence, I'm afraid.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

Please provide evidence for your position. the Indian variant is no more dangerous and is obvious a rise in cases is not a problem . Viruses mutate all the time is does not make them more dangerous. Maybe try listening to some experts who are not paid by the government. The evidence is in plane sight but the government has got you that scared about a virus with over a 99% survival rate that you refuse to see it .

Assertions and conjecture are not evidence, I'm afraid."

There’s plenty of evidence or there but you don’t to hear it so keep wearing the mask and put your life on hold . Maybe have a listen to talk radio they have some good experts on who give a good insight to it all because if you are following the science you wouldent be so scared

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

Please provide evidence for your position. the Indian variant is no more dangerous and is obvious a rise in cases is not a problem . Viruses mutate all the time is does not make them more dangerous. Maybe try listening to some experts who are not paid by the government. The evidence is in plane sight but the government has got you that scared about a virus with over a 99% survival rate that you refuse to see it .

Assertions and conjecture are not evidence, I'm afraid. There’s plenty of evidence or there but you don’t to hear it so keep wearing the mask and put your life on hold . Maybe have a listen to talk radio they have some good experts on who give a good insight to it all because if you are following the science you wouldent be so scared "

I asked you to provide evidence, not make more assertions and insult me. Papers? Modelling? The media are desperately unreliable, so everyone says, I'd rather go directly to the source. While you can't link, you can cite.

I'm sorry you believe I'm scared, and I'm grateful that you're showing concern for my emotional well-being, but it's misfounded.

And unfortunately I may do as I like with my face, and so the mask will stay.

Hope this helps.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

Assertions and conjecture are not evidence, I'm afraid. There’s plenty of evidence or there but you don’t to hear it so keep wearing the mask and put your life on hold . Maybe have a listen to talk radio they have some good experts on who give a good insight to it all because if you are following the science you wouldent be so scared

I asked you to provide evidence, not make more assertions and insult me. Papers? Modelling? The media are desperately unreliable, so everyone says, I'd rather go directly to the source. While you can't link, you can cite.

I'm sorry you believe I'm scared, and I'm grateful that you're showing concern for my emotional well-being, but it's misfounded.

Hope this helps."

the evidence is in plain site read about virus mutation and if your still wearing a face mask well that shows how little research you’ve done in the matter

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

Assertions and conjecture are not evidence, I'm afraid. There’s plenty of evidence or there but you don’t to hear it so keep wearing the mask and put your life on hold . Maybe have a listen to talk radio they have some good experts on who give a good insight to it all because if you are following the science you wouldent be so scared

Hope this helps. the evidence is in plain site read about virus mutation and if your still wearing a face mask well that shows how little research you’ve done in the matter "

And yet, I've asked you to enlighten me and you've provided exactly zero evidence. Obviously my research skills are not as great as yours. Please do help us to gain your considerable wisdom.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

Hope this helps. the evidence is in plain site read about virus mutation and if your still wearing a face mask well that shows how little research you’ve done in the matter

And yet, I've asked you to enlighten me and you've provided exactly zero evidence. Obviously my research skills are not as great as yours. Please do help us to gain your considerable wisdom."

what ever evidence you get your still just going to take the government narrative that’s the reason you still wear your face nappy and that’s your choice but don’t expect the rest of us to put our lives on hold and let the world crash around us

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

Hope this helps. the evidence is in plain site read about virus mutation and if your still wearing a face mask well that shows how little research you’ve done in the matter

And yet, I've asked you to enlighten me and you've provided exactly zero evidence. Obviously my research skills are not as great as yours. Please do help us to gain your considerable wisdom. what ever evidence you get your still just going to take the government narrative that’s the reason you still wear your face nappy and that’s your choice but don’t expect the rest of us to put our lives on hold and let the world crash around us "

If you believe that then ok.

You still haven't provided a shred of evidence.

And you'll note that I've not once insulted you. I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

And yet, I've asked you to enlighten me and you've provided exactly zero evidence. Obviously my research skills are not as great as yours. Please do help us to gain your considerable wisdom. what ever evidence you get your still just going to take the government narrative that’s the reason you still wear your face nappy and that’s your choice but don’t expect the rest of us to put our lives on hold and let the world crash around us

And you'll note that I've not once insulted you. I'd appreciate the same courtesy."

I’ve not insulted you and you provided no evidence . Try some critical thinking and maybe stop just listening to witty and vallance

Manchester (she/her)

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

And yet, I've asked you to enlighten me and you've provided exactly zero evidence. Obviously my research skills are not as great as yours. Please do help us to gain your considerable wisdom. what ever evidence you get your still just going to take the government narrative that’s the reason you still wear your face nappy and that’s your choice but don’t expect the rest of us to put our lives on hold and let the world crash around us

And you'll note that I've not once insulted you. I'd appreciate the same courtesy. I’ve not insulted you and you provided no evidence . Try some critical thinking and maybe stop just listening to witty and vallance "

I listen to neither, but thank you.

You've told me I'm scared and that I'm unable to see the obvious. You've resorted to "face nappy", as though you believe that controlling respiratory droplets during a pandemic is a sign of incontinence.

I'm just asking for evidence. And you have provided absolutely zero evidence.

I will draw inference from your inability to provide any evidence, I'm afraid.

By *eedslad69Man  over a year ago

leeds

Haha, you can't make it up. People have forgot they're a living soul and they need to take their sovereignty back and think for themselves instead of letting the government think for them. You may as well be a robot. For many, there's no hope and the penny will never drop, they'll just keep doing as they're told and then getting pissed off after doing it. Even if the governement said, 'the next restriciton is, you can't go for a poo' .....people would hold it in !

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Haha, you can't make it up. People have forgot they're a living soul and they need to take their sovereignty back and think for themselves instead of letting the government think for them. You may as well be a robot. For many, there's no hope and the penny will never drop, they'll just keep doing as they're told and then getting pissed off after doing it. Even if the governement said, 'the next restriciton is, you can't go for a poo' .....people would hold it in ! "

Brilliant post

By *eedslad69Man  over a year ago

leeds

Haha, you can't make it up. People have forgot they're a living soul and they need to take their sovereignty back and think for themselves instead of letting the government think for them. You may as well be a robot. For many, there's no hope and the penny will never drop, they'll just keep doing as they're told and then getting pissed off after doing it. Even if the governement said, 'the next restriciton is, you can't go for a poo' .....people would hold it in ! Brilliant post "

Cheers pal. It's so true though. Thiis is how people have become. You csnt wake up a sheep that's in the queue to the slaughter !

york

Damn you, Skippy!

Your talking rubbish

And you'll note that I've not once insulted you. I'd appreciate the same courtesy. I’ve not insulted you and you provided no evidence . Try some critical thinking and maybe stop just listening to witty and vallance

You've told me I'm scared and that I'm unable to see the obvious. You've resorted to "face nappy", as though you believe that controlling respiratory droplets during a pandemic is a sign of incontinence.

I will draw inference from your inability to provide any evidence, I'm afraid."

mask make no difference look at the Denmark study and fuchi Vallence witty have all said that at times .

Manchester (she/her)

"

I will draw inference from your inability to provide any evidence, I'm afraid. mask make no difference look at the Denmark study and fuchi Vallence witty have all said that at times . "

Oh, some evidence, that's good.

The Danish study (DANMASK-19) showed that in an area with low transmission and where compliance with masks was partial, a small difference was made.

Given my compliance with masks is absolute, it doesn't really apply to me.

Further, the statistical power of the study meant that small differences were missed, and thus its explanatory power has been blown out of all proportion.

Further, if you must rely on authority figures etc, all have changed their mind on the subject.

Hope this helps.

By *etro manMan  over a year ago

manchester

What lock down just passed a pub car park full one has even parked on the pavement garden standing room only and only seen door man with a mask on sunny manchester

By *harlotteBigBoobsWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I think things will stay the same, personally not bothered about it hell of a lot better off then we were. Would hate to go into full lockdown again. I think they should ban all holidays abroad for rest of year , concentrate on this country first.

Manchester (she/her)

"I think things will stay the same, personally not bothered about it hell of a lot better off then we were. Would hate to go into full lockdown again. I think they should ban all holidays abroad for rest of year , concentrate on this country first."

Yup. Ground all the planes. It'll help.

york

"

I will draw inference from your inability to provide any evidence, I'm afraid. mask make no difference look at the Denmark study and fuchi Vallence witty have all said that at times .

The Danish study (DANMASK-19) showed that in an area with low transmission and where compliance with masks was partial, a small difference was made.

Further, the statistical power of the study meant that small differences were missed, and thus its explanatory power has been blown out of all proportion.

Further, if you must rely on authority figures etc, all have changed their mind on the subject.

Hope this helps."

plenty of study over the years say masks make no difference and the only reason they changed their minds is goverment pressure . I can tell your just someone who does what they are told and just comply without question .

york

"What lock down just passed a pub car park full one has even parked on the pavement garden standing room only and only seen door man with a mask on sunny manchester "
good to see people getting on with life

Manchester (she/her)

"

I will draw inference from your inability to provide any evidence, I'm afraid. mask make no difference look at the Denmark study and fuchi Vallence witty have all said that at times .

Hope this helps. plenty of study over the years say masks make no difference and the only reason they changed their minds is goverment pressure . I can tell your just someone who does what they are told and just comply without question . "

If you say so. I'm quite happy with my ability to find and analyse evidence.

york

"

Hope this helps. plenty of study over the years say masks make no difference and the only reason they changed their minds is goverment pressure . I can tell your just someone who does what they are told and just comply without question .

If you say so. I'm quite happy with my ability to find and analyse evidence."

so am I and I’ve stopped wearing a mask long ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Hope this helps. plenty of study over the years say masks make no difference and the only reason they changed their minds is goverment pressure . I can tell your just someone who does what they are told and just comply without question .

If you say so. I'm quite happy with my ability to find and analyse evidence. so am I and I’ve stopped wearing a mask long ago "

Good for you, I guess? I consider it good manners during a pandemic of a respiratory illness, but hey.

york

"

If you say so. I'm quite happy with my ability to find and analyse evidence. so am I and I’ve stopped wearing a mask long ago

Good for you, I guess? I consider it good manners during a pandemic of a respiratory illness, but hey."

the pandemic is over

Manchester (she/her)

"

If you say so. I'm quite happy with my ability to find and analyse evidence. so am I and I’ve stopped wearing a mask long ago

Good for you, I guess? I consider it good manners during a pandemic of a respiratory illness, but hey. the pandemic is over "

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense

york

"

Good for you, I guess? I consider it good manners during a pandemic of a respiratory illness, but hey. the pandemic is over

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense "

it is and that’s even if it was a pandemic in the first place

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 11/06/21 20:40:09]

Manchester (she/her)

"

Good for you, I guess? I consider it good manners during a pandemic of a respiratory illness, but hey. the pandemic is over

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense it is and that’s even if it was a pandemic in the first place "

Umm.

So... You think all these governments came together and made shit up, trashed their economies, screwed up their healthcare systems for... no reason?

You and I clearly don't have a shared reality.

I quite like my reality. With, like, real things in it

york

"

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense it is and that’s even if it was a pandemic in the first place

Umm.

So... You think all these governments came together and made shit up, trashed their economies, screwed up their healthcare systems for... no reason?

I quite like my reality. With, like, real things in it "

no I don’t think that but I believe this new virus has been used the people who rule this planet

Manchester (she/her)

"

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense it is and that’s even if it was a pandemic in the first place

Umm.

I quite like my reality. With, like, real things in it no I don’t think that but I believe this new virus has been used the people who rule this planet "

I think that the number of people who'd have to be murdered to cover up a conspiracy of that magnitude is so unlikely to make it not even worth considering.

It's a dangerous virus. Not to everyone, but to enough people that it's a threat. So we've treated it accordingly.

And we're all fed up but we all need to do what we must to protect each other and minimise the risk.

That's my reality.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense it is and that’s even if it was a pandemic in the first place "

….. because nothing screams “pandemic” quite like 125,000 dead people in the uk alone…

Okay then……..

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

If had acted earlier with the flights from India but oh no they let loads of flights in before they decided to take action. Think we would have be fine for the 21st.

The most incompetent bunch of ministers going.

"

….. because nothing screams “pandemic” quite like 125,000 dead people in the uk alone…

Okay then…….. "

And yet everyone here in the US are voting to limit government overreach. Voices matter not government. Strange how our societies are so so different. One says enough the other says trust in the data. Guess we see who was right in the future.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

July 19th

Colchester

"

Strange how our societies are so so different."

Most definitely.

We travelled on the Mississippi Queen out of New Orleans in the late 1990's.

At 6pm, we went for dinner on the boat.

I wore a suit, shirt, tie, jacket. Mrs DS wore an evening gown. We were in our mid 20's I think.

We were the only ones dressed up. Even older folks in their 50's or so, who we would have expected to know better, were in t-shirts & jeans. Not even causal wear.

Our 2 other dining companions/strangers asked us why were were dressed for dinner.

"We're English", we replied.

We're in our 50's / late 40's now and we still dress up for dinner if going out

That was one of my cultural shocks in the US. There were many more. I expect it went both ways of course.

We took a trip to a plantation down south and the guide was telling us tourists the age of the mansion.

1850 something.

There were shocks and gasps from the crowd. Mouths agape. Folks were making a lot of noise. We could not understand why folks were so amazed.

I turned to Mrs. DS and whispered "I wonder what they would make of my house which was built in approx the 1500's." She laughed.

You are right though. Very different societies, and both fascinating in their own novel ways.

"

Strange how our societies are so so different.

Most definitely.

We travelled on the Mississippi Queen out of New Orleans in the late 1990's.

At 6pm, we went for dinner on the boat.

I wore a suit, shirt, tie, jacket. Mrs DS wore an evening gown. We were in our mid 20's I think.

We were the only ones dressed up. Even older folks in their 50's or so, who we would have expected to know better, were in t-shirts & jeans. Not even causal wear.

Our 2 other dining companions/strangers asked us why were were dressed for dinner.

"We're English", we replied.

We're in our 50's / late 40's now and we still dress up for dinner if going out

That was one of my cultural shocks in the US. There were many more. I expect it went both ways of course.

We took a trip to a plantation down south and the guide was telling us tourists the age of the mansion.

1850 something.

There were shocks and gasps from the crowd. Mouths agape. Folks were making a lot of noise. We could not understand why folks were so amazed.

I turned to Mrs. DS and whispered "I wonder what they would make of my house which was built in approx the 1500's." She laughed.

You are right though. Very different societies, and both fascinating in their own novel ways.

"

We are not that old we are young we look at the past to justify a future. It's our destiny. I wish people understand that.

Colchester

"

We are not that old we are young we look at the past to justify a future. It's our destiny. I wish people understand that. "

What does that mean exactly ? I don't follow the words and their meaning in that context, sorry.

"

We are not that old we are young we look at the past to justify a future. It's our destiny. I wish people understand that.

What does that mean exactly ? I don't follow the words and their meaning in that context, sorry."

You are old school fancy dress for dinner proper attire as you can witness we just do what is necessary.

Colchester

"

You are old school fancy dress for dinner proper attire as you can witness we just do what is necessary."

Evidently.

By *eet The FlintstonesCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Who ever goes out of business in the next month should put a claim in to HMG. It is completely down to them. 90 per cent Indian variant now. Who's idea not to put India on the Red list and I bet this shower will still get away with it.

"

You are old school fancy dress for dinner proper attire as you can witness we just do what is necessary.

Evidently."

Extravagant not in our lifestyle I would rather wear a T shirt and tight fitting jeans .

Colchester

"

Extravagant not in our lifestyle I would rather wear a T shirt and tight fitting jeans ."

I feel I do need to explain that there is nothing extravagant about wearing a suit/tie/jacket or evening dress for dinner.

Just a normal dinner in a formal restaurant (which are getting increasingly harder to find these days).

"Extravagant" ? Hardly.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"

Evidently.

Extravagant not in our lifestyle I would rather wear a T shirt and tight fitting jeans ."

I'd rather go full blast burlesque

"

Evidently.

Extravagant not in our lifestyle I would rather wear a T shirt and tight fitting jeans .I'd rather go full blast burlesque "

me too

Colchester

"

I'd rather go full blast burlesque "

Absolutely ! Now that is outré !

Granted, a little too outré for afternoon tea at The Ritz of course !

"

Evidently.

Extravagant not in our lifestyle I would rather wear a T shirt and tight fitting jeans .I'd rather go full blast burlesque "

You know I do too

york

"

Okay then…….. "

but it’s died of any cause within 28 days of a positive test

Manchester (she/her)

"Who ever goes out of business in the next month should put a claim in to HMG. It is completely down to them. 90 per cent Indian variant now. Who's idea not to put India on the Red list and I bet this shower will still get away with it. "

york

"

Umm.

I quite like my reality. With, like, real things in it no I don’t think that but I believe this new virus has been used the people who rule this planet

I think that the number of people who'd have to be murdered to cover up a conspiracy of that magnitude is so unlikely to make it not even worth considering.

It's a dangerous virus. Not to everyone, but to enough people that it's a threat. So we've treated it accordingly.

And we're all fed up but we all need to do what we must to protect each other and minimise the risk.

That's my reality. "

who said anything about murder is the way the figures are recorded. We’ve had more death per year in the last 39 years with a lower population

Manchester (she/her)

"

Umm.

I quite like my reality. With, like, real things in it no I don’t think that but I believe this new virus has been used the people who rule this planet

That's my reality. who said anything about murder is the way the figures are recorded. We’ve had more death per year in the last 39 years with a lower population "

Keeping secrets is hard. Keeping secrets on this scale is impossible. Unless people get murdered.

The ONS have figures both for 28 days and the standard way of recording deaths.

But then, I follow the evidence. Believe what you like, doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me.

york

"

Umm.

That's my reality. who said anything about murder is the way the figures are recorded. We’ve had more death per year in the last 39 years with a lower population

Keeping secrets is hard. Keeping secrets on this scale is impossible. Unless people get murdered.

But then, I follow the evidence. Believe what you like, doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me."

covid is threat they’ve made it out to be and what you going on about people keeping secrets the truth is in plane sight but a lot of people have been scared to death by the government they refuse to see it and yes it’s up to you if you want follow guidelines that make no sense and wear a mask that makes no difference x

Manchester (she/her)

"

Umm.

That's my reality. who said anything about murder is the way the figures are recorded. We’ve had more death per year in the last 39 years with a lower population

But then, I follow the evidence. Believe what you like, doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me. covid is threat they’ve made it out to be and what you going on about people keeping secrets the truth is in plane sight but a lot of people have been scared to death by the government they refuse to see it and yes it’s up to you if you want follow guidelines that make no sense and wear a mask that makes no difference x"

Ok. You do you

It will never be over.

So enjoy your life.

What you have left of it

Something else will be next.

You wait and see.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"Something else will be next.

You wait and see.

"

Guaranteed. For as long as we allow them to use this playbook history will keep repeating itself.

NW London

"Something else will be next.

You wait and see.

"

Of course, we've known all along that this virus will always mutate and have seasonal/yearly variants. Just like the flu does.

nearby

"

"

31000 die every year from obesity linked heart disease, 78000 from smoking, 8000 alcohol poisoning, 4,000 drugs - 123,000 combined but no lockdowns for these pandemics.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"

Okay then……..

And yet everyone here in the US are voting to limit government overreach. Voices matter not government. Strange how our societies are so so different. One says enough the other says trust in the data. Guess we see who was right in the future."

Texas and Florida are at the forefront of limiting overreach and they're doing just fine. Despite all the hysterical accusations of irresponsibility and prophecies of impending doom.

"

Okay then……..

And yet everyone here in the US are voting to limit government overreach. Voices matter not government. Strange how our societies are so so different. One says enough the other says trust in the data. Guess we see who was right in the future.

Texas and Florida are at the forefront of limiting overreach and they're doing just fine. Despite all the hysterical accusations of irresponsibility and prophecies of impending doom."

Perogie festival going on here where I live no one wearing masks enjoying things.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"

Okay then……..

Texas and Florida are at the forefront of limiting overreach and they're doing just fine. Despite all the hysterical accusations of irresponsibility and prophecies of impending doom.

Perogie festival going on here where I live no one wearing masks enjoying things."

And why would they? Masks are useless and just for show. A CDC funded review on masking from May 2020 showed no statistically meaningful reduction in transmission of disease.

I say good on them

"

31000 die every year from obesity linked heart disease, 78000 from smoking, 8000 alcohol poisoning, 4,000 drugs - 123,000 combined but no lockdowns for these pandemics. "

None of which are transmissible.

york

"

Okay then…….. :

Perogie festival going on here where I live no one wearing masks enjoying things.

And why would they? Masks are useless and just for show. A CDC funded review on masking from May 2020 showed no statistically meaningful reduction in transmission of disease.

I say good on them "

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"

31000 die every year from obesity linked heart disease, 78000 from smoking, 8000 alcohol poisoning, 4,000 drugs - 123,000 combined but no lockdowns for these pandemics. "

could if be because they are generally self inflicted?

or is alcoholism , smoking and drug addition a pandemic airborne virus too?

I think not!

"

31000 die every year from obesity linked heart disease, 78000 from smoking, 8000 alcohol poisoning, 4,000 drugs - 123,000 combined but no lockdowns for these pandemics.

could if be because they are generally self inflicted?

or is alcoholism , smoking and drug addition a pandemic airborne virus too?

I think not!"

Trust the science so I guess the vaccines are pointless.

Manchester (she/her)

I hope, given the huge number of unknowns, the fact we're almost reopen, the Delta variant, etc, that the UK proceeds with caution. Long Covid looms - and the unvaccinated are still at just as much risk, if not more.

I'm just about done doing more than my part - I'm looking forward to obeying the guidelines and no more.