FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Care home staff vaccinations made mandatory

Care home staff vaccinations made mandatory

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

from the commons today ...the nhs next

Mr Hancock confirms the government will be taking forward measures to make it mandatory for care home staff to have vaccinations in order to save lives and protect patients.

The health secretary says the government will consult on doing the same with the NHS.

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"from the commons today ...the nhs next

Mr Hancock confirms the government will be taking forward measures to make it mandatory for care home staff to have vaccinations in order to save lives and protect patients.

The health secretary says the government will consult on doing the same with the NHS.

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings."

to be fair I fully agree

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings. to be fair I fully agree "

Next headline crisis in care homes as staff leave .

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings. to be fair I fully agree

Next headline crisis in care homes as staff leave . "

There’s a tiny minority of care home staff who have opted not to have the vaccine, so I doubt it.

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings. to be fair I fully agree

There’s a tiny minority of care home staff who have opted not to have the vaccine, so I doubt it."

this. In fact at ours everyone is fully vaccinated

this is already being dealt with as in bringing in workers from other country's who will fill the gaps as care work has always been difficult to fill job spaces

we have a new team of 50 coming in to spread over 5 care homes but to be fair every single worker in our homes are all vaccinated..

There’s a tiny minority of care home staff who have opted not to have the vaccine, so I doubt it."

Wait and see , nurses have turned it down too! Are they going to be made to have it? The nhs is on its knees already so I very much doubt it , just the government trying to cover up their fuck Up from at the start of the convids

If they have a sound medical reason then it’s fair enough for them not to be vaccinated, otherwise, it should be, have the vaccine or leave. If they want to continue to work in that environment it’s a reasonable requirement. If they make themselves unemployed by leaving they should not be supported by the state financially.

All barristers and judges sit back rubbing their hands ??????

There’s a tiny minority of care home staff who have opted not to have the vaccine, so I doubt it.

Wait and see , nurses have turned it down too! Are they going to be made to have it? The nhs is on its knees already so I very much doubt it , just the government trying to cover up their fuck Up from at the start of the convids "

its going to be a requirement of the job no one is forcing anyone just have to make a different job choice

[Removed by poster at 16/06/21 16:32:31]

Wait and see , nurses have turned it down too! Are they going to be made to have it? The nhs is on its knees already so I very much doubt it , just the government trying to cover up their fuck Up from at the start of the convids "

Indeed wait and see. I may be wrong (it does happen lol) but of all the NHS businesses I’ve spoke to it really isn’t a major issue.

Won’t happen in the nhs , wait and see

Wait and see , nurses have turned it down too! Are they going to be made to have it? The nhs is on its knees already so I very much doubt it , just the government trying to cover up their fuck Up from at the start of the convids

its going to be a requirement of the job no one is forcing anyone just have to make a different job choice"

its going to be a requirement of the job no one is forcing anyone just have to make a different job choice"

Well you can't get worse pay than a care worker.

So it might be good for some of them to change jobs.

"All barristers and judges sit back rubbing their hands ??????"

but if it becomes law they have no grounds ?? if medically proven to benefit the employee and patient then i can see no problems ...

Won’t happen in the nhs , wait and see it will get forgotten about

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings. to be fair I fully agree "

its going to be a requirement of the job no one is forcing anyone just have to make a different job choice

Well you can't get worse pay than a care worker.

So it might be good for some of them to change jobs."

well not sure thats true any longer all our care staff are on above minimum wage and i can only see it increasing

Oh it's true .

Well up here In the north east anyway.

If it wasn't true they wouldn't have any problems filling post would they ?

"Oh it's true .

If it wasn't true they wouldn't have any problems filling post would they ?"

the main problem with filling post is not money its the job ...pee poo sick and with covid on top its the work and alot of people are very shy of work .. brexit was our biggest downfall with workers going home ....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Won’t happen in the nhs , wait and see it will get forgotten about "

Certain vaccinations are already custom and practice in nursing, surgery etc..

This will be the same, with the necessary opt out for those on medical grounds who can't..

the media did not paint a very clear picture of a care workers job all you saw on the news was cups of tea chatting to residents and entertainment we had loads of young women applying for jobs after seeing this all over the news but when you explained the real job they were just not interested

"Oh it's true .

the main problem with filling post is not money its the job ...pee poo sick and with covid on top its the work and alot of people are very shy of work .. brexit was our biggest downfall with workers going home .... "

The Mrs has been a carer for 25 year its the money.

Calling people lazy and shipping in 50 people from overseas like you posted before.

Does not help one little bit.

Let's bring other people in because the brits are lazy.

Is a fucking insult to my wife.

"Oh it's true .

the main problem with filling post is not money its the job ...pee poo sick and with covid on top its the work and alot of people are very shy of work .. brexit was our biggest downfall with workers going home ....

Calling people lazy and shipping in 50 people from overseas like you posted before.

Is a fucking insult to my wife."

how did i insult your wife ?? i was just saying how its being handled in reality ?? we have to bring workers in or the homes shut i dont know what the wages are like up in your area but down here or our homes at least its not the money ??

im sorry if you felt that as an insult its not intended

As a care worker of more years than I like to remember I back this 100%.

We have a duty of care to protect those we look after.

I saw firsthand the devastation Covid caused as it brought our care home to its knees. The fallout was horrendous and the long term effect on our residents continues to this day.

Ask yourselves this; if you were placing your loved ones into care wouldn’t you prefer the reassurance of knowing the staff looking after them had taken every precaution possible to keep them safe?

V

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's fairly standard that in some jobs that you do have to accept medical treatments and conditions. Care staff deserve to be paid at higher levels and I'd hope that they are given a choice of other work types, not sacked.

"Won’t happen in the nhs , wait and see it will get forgotten about

This will be the same, with the necessary opt out for those on medical grounds who can't..

"

Or don’t want it ,

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings."

Anybody know if this is just England, or does it apply across the entire UK? What about places like Isle of Man, the outer isles of Scotland, Channel Islands and such like - I'm not sure which of these come under the UK government and which are technically foreign places that just happen to speak English and be close to the UK?

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings.

Anybody know if this is just England, or does it apply across the entire UK? What about places like Isle of Man, the outer isles of Scotland, Channel Islands and such like - I'm not sure which of these come under the UK government and which are technically foreign places that just happen to speak English and be close to the UK?"

i assume its uk wide but thats not to say it is

"Won’t happen in the nhs , wait and see it will get forgotten about

Or don’t want it , "

they will have to change jobs if it becomes mandatory if no medical reason to refuse

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Think it's clear changes are coming once everyone gets double jabbed.

It is a simple case of something you have to have to be able to do a job..whether that be qualifications , skills, medical health suitability or vaccinations.. sensibly and on a practical level. it's a tough blow for people already in the NHS so they have some wiggle room. Though Inthink won't have much choice once safeguarding becomes an issue .

However, that being said I do strongly believe that new people into any public service , military, police , nanny ,tradesmen, bar staff , teachers , prison service etc etc role from now on should have needing double jabs with regular testing written into the contract..

That way people can chose to work in a particular profession fully informed of the criteria for selection and employment.Or pursue another career

and yes before anyone asks that will include people who are currently allergic etc..they simply won't be able to do that job role until a strain of vaccine they don't react to is discovered ..a little like an electrician can not be colourblind for example..its not their fault but those are the rules and you can't cure colour blindness that well I believe .

jury is out on those continuing to refuse the jab currently . However, I do think they are going to be on very thin ice once everyone else has had the jab and popular opinion kind if turns against them..which it undoubtedly will once everyone has been jabbed and schools restart with winter coming in and people needing to socialise and work indoors again

let's see

"

Anybody know if this is just England, or does it apply across the entire UK? What about places like Isle of Man, the outer isles of Scotland, Channel Islands and such like - I'm not sure which of these come under the UK government and which are technically foreign places that just happen to speak English and be close to the UK?"

Hi Polly, the Channel Islands are not part of the Uk so don’t come under your Government. I can say though that over 90% of care workers in Jersey (possibly higher at this stage) have received both vaccinations X

stafford

They are ready for it Furlough ends soon and lots will be looking for work.Unlikely to make a huge difference and they are aware of it..Hence this decision .

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

No idea if UK wide but for the record Crown Dependencies (IoM snd Channel Islands) are not part of the UK and not subject to laws/rules from Westminster. Doesn’t mean they won’t follow suit.

The care home I work in is already struggling to fill vacancies of people who left during the pandemic. If they sack the unvaccinated staff members we are going to have a real struggle on our hands which is going to leave vulnerable people at risk

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Be careful what you wish for people. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'm a little uneasy about this. I understand people see good reasons in this but it seems a step closer to the State having more control over peoples lives and basic rights.

Be careful what you wish for....

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings. Be careful what you wish for people. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. "

Indeed, all that is required for the evil of tens of thousands of deaths to happen is for good *people* to do nothing, ie not get vaccinated...

"The care home I work in is already struggling to fill vacancies of people who left during the pandemic. If they sack the unvaccinated staff members we are going to have a real struggle on our hands which is going to leave vulnerable people at risk "
I'm surprised your home has not already made it compulsory as the one I work for have made it clear that all staff must be vaccinated... and did so when I applied earlier in the year.

I had actually thought it was already how it is x

i think this will spread further afield than health and care jobs i can see 1,000 of companys following suit

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I don’t see it as an issue. It makes sense. If you work in a care home you’re in contact with the most vulnerable people we have.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"i think this will spread further afield than health and care jobs i can see 1,000 of companys following suit"

I think Pimlico Plumbers have introduced a no jab no job for new starters.

Interesting to see if this is challenged in court and how that goes.

Anything being made mandatory is bad in my book.

"The care home I work in is already struggling to fill vacancies of people who left during the pandemic. If they sack the unvaccinated staff members we are going to have a real struggle on our hands which is going to leave vulnerable people at risk I'm surprised your home has not already made it compulsory as the one I work for have made it clear that all staff must be vaccinated... and did so when I applied earlier in the year.

I had actually thought it was already how it is x "

all new staff at the moment are asked if they are or willing to be vaccinated or we are not interested in taking on this is the same all around us with other homes

And where will it stop o your a front line you after have it o you serve the public you need one also someone as said there bringing in extra staff from abroad that will be interesting as I understand they must earn over 30 grand to be able to come over as most on minimum wage and get ready for a massive pay increase on home fees.

Have the jab or don't it's up to the indidual however, if family members of mine were in a care home i would want staff caring for them to be vacinated.This is no different to surgeons having a mandatory hep b vaccine..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

He says "these are reasonable circumstances" to make it mandatory in such settings. Be careful what you wish for people. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. "

What is evil about protecting some of the most vulnerable members of society?

Tbh had we done more to protect them 15 months ago in excess of 20,000 might not have lost their lives then ..

"Oh it's true .

Is a fucking insult to my wife.

how did i insult your wife ?? i was just saying how its being handled in reality ?? we have to bring workers in or the homes shut i dont know what the wages are like up in your area but down here or our homes at least its not the money ??

im sorry if you felt that as an insult its not intended "

Definitely the funniest piece of this thread like here. Amazing.

But my father has had double vaccine. Does that mean he isn't protected? I don't get it? Either it works or it doesn't?

"But my father has had double vaccine. Does that mean he isn't protected? I don't get it? Either it works or it doesn't? "

It works. It’s fine. It really is.

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Slippery slope I reckon. . . .

"But my father has had double vaccine. Does that mean he isn't protected? I don't get it? Either it works or it doesn't?

It works. It’s fine. It really is."

So it doesn't matter whether care staff have been vaccinated? After all they all get tested right? So how much risk is there really,

"The care home I work in is already struggling to fill vacancies of people who left during the pandemic. If they sack the unvaccinated staff members we are going to have a real struggle on our hands which is going to leave vulnerable people at risk I'm surprised your home has not already made it compulsory as the one I work for have made it clear that all staff must be vaccinated... and did so when I applied earlier in the year.

I had actually thought it was already how it is x "

I wouldn't be surprised

The Welsh government are not following suit on this. It isn't being made compulsory here

"But my father has had double vaccine. Does that mean he isn't protected? I don't get it? Either it works or it doesn't?

It works. It’s fine. It really is.

So it doesn't matter whether care staff have been vaccinated? After all they all get tested right? So how much risk is there really,"

Fuck all if you’ve been vaccinated. Your all good.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Some big care home companies have already made it mandatory for staff to have the jab, a mate works for a national care home provider has seen several people get the sack over it.

stafford

"But my father has had double vaccine. Does that mean he isn't protected? I don't get it? Either it works or it doesn't? "

It works...more for other people than your father. That's the important bit !

stafford

"And where will it stop o your a front line you after have it o you serve the public you need one also someone as said there bringing in extra staff from abroad that will be interesting as I understand they must earn over 30 grand to be able to come over as most on minimum wage and get ready for a massive pay increase on home fees."

that's unlikely to need to happen. Furlough us due to end soon and the available jobs will be picked up by those people who have been made redundant..thevextreme case would be to bring in care workers from other countries I'd say .

The thin edge of the wedge. If Employers are going to force this nonesense on people they should be made to sign a liability document to compensate the employee and their families if they become ill or die from these experimental jabs, like so many others have.

Another great divide and conquer tactic in this ever laughable plandemic story.

The psychology being employed here by the hypocritical elite is classic textbook stuff and it's working a treat.

Monthly new variant booster jib jabs anyone?

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Me too

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

The Hep jab has been part and parcel in the hospitals, so this is a rare sensible precaution, from our beloved leaders.

We were all inoculated without our consent, when we were a hell of a lot younger and for that we, in a majority should be grateful for being here today and not 6ft under.

TB, polio and smallpox are no longer common diseases that kill small children in developed countries.

Long live the vaccine producers and those who take their work seriously.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"And where will it stop o your a front line you after have it o you serve the public you need one also someone as said there bringing in extra staff from abroad that will be interesting as I understand they must earn over 30 grand to be able to come over as most on minimum wage and get ready for a massive pay increase on home fees.

that's unlikely to need to happen. Furlough us due to end soon and the available jobs will be picked up by those people who have been made redundant..thevextreme case would be to bring in care workers from other countries I'd say ."

There are more countries than the ones in the EU, so this will be The Great Reset part II: the recovery and job shift. Remember those jobs that women did in WWWII, but stopped afterwards, when that war ended? Similar things might happen here, who knows? Only time will tell.

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

Wasn't it this time last year he was the 'Death Secretary'? Can't see anything since to change that of his action. Also, the Arts. Ascot, Wimbledon, Department and Shopping my Mall Retail. Euro football..,. All ok but you cannot go see a gig, concert, theatre play, or dance - that's my livelihood, nil respect or further support having failed to stop varient D.

They can't run a bath or even lie straight in bed. Who else is having sleepless nights being banned from earning a living with zero support given the powers that be, incompetence? I love in London, when BJ was mayor everyone he touched dissolved to nothing under his vacuous bluster. We still suffer his failure - though media blame anyone but him.......

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Your dad being double jabbed means he's about 80% protected. The actual amount of protection varies from person to person, and generally it seems that the older you are, the less effective it might be. It's like, if it only halves the chance of your dad getting covid, then it's better than nothing. But if everyone around your dad is also double jabbed, then that means that they're less likely to pick up covid, and thus less likely to pass it on to your dad.

This is the herd immunity effect. If EVERYBODY is vaccinated, and on average EVERYBODY has 80% protection - some maybe 95% protected, some maybe only 40% protected, but everyone at least a little bit of protection - it means that everyone is less likely to catch covid, and the ones who do catch it are likely to be less ill, for less time, so less infectious. So pass it on to fewer people. Who are less likely to catch it. So pass it on to fewer people. Etc. Before long it gets so that there's only a handful of infected people in your town, so that chance of you bumping into one of them on the street or in the supermarket or wherever is tiny. Eventually it gets so that there's only a 1 in a million chance of catching covid, because there just isn't that many people around who have got covid. So the vaccine that only gives you 80% protection, or maybe only 50% protection, ends up giving everyone 99.9999% protection, just because it's reduced the cases to the point that there's no-one infected to catch it from.

In the short term though, if your dad is jabbed but still around people carrying covid, then he's only got 80% protection. If your dad is jabbed, and the people that come into immediate contact with him are also jabbed, that means those people have 80% protection = only 20% chance of catching it, and your dad has only 20% chance of catching it off them = your dad now has only a 4% chance of catching it.

Your dad protected, plus those around him protected = 96% protection all together.

Which is why it is so essential for EVERYONE working at places like care homes to be vaccinated.

One person vaccinated on their own = that person gets a bit of protection.

All the people in a group vaccinated = all those protections working together to give everyone a lot of protection.

"Won’t happen in the nhs , wait and see it will get forgotten about "

No?

Have you not heard about those roles that require a Heo B vaccination?

*Hep B - bloody fat fingers

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

"Wasn't it this time last year he was the 'Death Secretary'? Can't see anything since to change that of his action. Also, the Arts. Ascot, Wimbledon, Department Stores and Shopping Mall Retail. That's all ok. Euro football..,. Again ok but you cannot go see a gig, concert, theatre play, or dance with your bride and certainly not with all you want there to celebrate - live events : that's my livelihood, nil respect or further support having failed to stop varient D.. E, F, G-Z. ?

I say it again, I normally work 24/7 making events happen.

I am not allowed to do my job.

All financial support is vanised.

HMG:

They can't run a bath or even lie straight in bed. Who else is having sleepless nights being banned from earning a living with zero support given the powers that be, incompetence? I love in London, when BJ was mayor everyone he touched dissolved to nothing under his vacuous bluster. We still suffer his failure - though media blame anyone but him....... "

Typo central here as well...sorry everyone. As intended, above ..

Making it mandatory means everything stays exactly as it is now, you are at liberty to refuse any medical treatment you like. there are no laws in place that can force anyone to take any jab. It’s just another Form of coercion From the Twat withonehandonbillscock

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Fully agree with it.

As a nurse.. I have to have hep b/tetanus/mmr/ had chicken pox(varicella)/ ... just so I can work... this is no different.

Some travel vaccines are mandatory to get in certain countries.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Totally agree with it and hope similar professions have the same requirements.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

When these people who work in the care field it should be because they are looking after people's loved ones and should be acting responsibly as a carer obviously if they decline it just shows that they lacked in the Morales to provide duty of care and we're never suitable for the occupation

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Making it mandatory means everything stays exactly as it is now, you are at liberty to refuse any medical treatment you like. there are no laws in place that can force anyone to take any jab. It’s just another Form of coercion From the Twat withonehandonbillscock "

But don't people who have loved ones in care have a say in the matter that a duty of care is taken for the safety and well-being or would the person be held responsible for the death of someone and Made to serve the penalty for manslaughter or even murder for acting careless ( negligent)

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

I agree on both counts

This is where it becomes a legal nightmare. There are thousands of things to take into account, I’m

just stating what a barrister said, an American lawyer ( so maybe not applicable here ) states it’s be very difficult to make it law for a jab that only has temporary authorisation, which could be withdrawn at any time. So maybe that would apply here. Does everyone in the care home want the jab. Do families with loved ones in the carehome want them to have the jab. Do the staff want the jab. Doris and co have done this to divide the population even more. That’s my opinion anyway

Not rocket science really is it . Don't want the vaccine then that's your choice but quit your job and close the door on the way out . Unfair, selfish and dangerous to put care home residents and patients at risk

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

"

This is for England only. Other countries of the UK have devolved powers.

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"It will be forgotten.

This is scare tactic 101 to coerce those on the fence."

Totally agree

"

Anybody know if this is just England, or does it apply across the entire UK? What about places like Isle of Man, the outer isles of Scotland, Channel Islands and such like - I'm not sure which of these come under the UK government and which are technically foreign places that just happen to speak English and be close to the UK?

This is for England only. Other countries of the UK have devolved powers. "

The Welsh Government is not making this mandatory for care home staff in Wales

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

"Oh it's true .

Surely your Mrs doesn't represent all the brits out here. If she's a hard worker no one can take that away from her. I don't think the issue is Brits being lazy,it the fact that some people don't want to do care work for the amount of money they would get paid and what comes with the job. So I don't think anyone was insulting your wonderful Mrs.

bristol

If it becomes a requirement for the job them I don't see why it will be a problem . Like others have said ,in nursing we have to take certain jabs so we can work. The frail and elderly are at high risk of dying if they catch covid so as a carer or nurse its our job to protect them from what ever we can where possible. We know some people will just cause unnecessary havoc just because can but if you're in the care sector then your duty is to CARE for those you look after.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

All over the news and all over here

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

If they have a sound medical reason then it’s fair enough for them not to be vaccinated, otherwise, it should be, have the vaccine or leave. If they want to continue to work in that environment it’s a reasonable requirement. If they make themselves unemployed by leaving they should not be supported by the state financially. "

So you agree that they should be forced to take an experimental vaccine or thrown out of work?

The industry is 140k staff short and it'll make it worse.

There's no requirement for the residents family and friends to be forced to be vaccinated.

Don't get me wrong. I've had my jabs but I don't think it should be mandatory. It's the individuals choice.

Sounding like a history lesson I had about experiments that the Germans did.

The vaccine is approved but it's still experimental.

Well when there's 30/40% less care workers in the industry, perhaps some will shout that the companies should recruit more. Good luck with that

"If it becomes a requirement for the job them I don't see why it will be a problem . Like others have said ,in nursing we have to take certain jabs so we can work. The frail and elderly are at high risk of dying if they catch covid so as a carer or nurse its our job to protect them from what ever we can where possible. We know some people will just cause unnecessary havoc just because can but if you're in the care sector then your duty is to CARE for those you look after."

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"This is where it becomes a legal nightmare. There are thousands of things to take into account, I’m

just stating what a barrister said, an American lawyer ( so maybe not applicable here ) states it’s be very difficult to make it law for a jab that only has temporary authorisation, which could be withdrawn at any time. So maybe that would apply here. Does everyone in the care home want the jab. Do families with loved ones in the carehome want them to have the jab. Do the staff want the jab. Doris and co have done this to divide the population even more. That’s my opinion anyway "

It seems reasonable for anyone who chooses to work in a care or healthcare role (ie one that has repeated extreme close proximity to patients and the vulnerable) to have to have the vaccine(s).

But short term at least this point above is interesting. The vaccines are currently only approved for use in the UK under emergency powers/for emergency use. This is still clearly stated on Gov.uk.

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

If they have a sound medical reason then it’s fair enough for them not to be vaccinated, otherwise, it should be, have the vaccine or leave. If they want to continue to work in that environment it’s a reasonable requirement. If they make themselves unemployed by leaving they should not be supported by the state financially.

So you agree that they should be forced to take an experimental vaccine or thrown out of work?

There's no requirement for the residents family and friends to be forced to be vaccinated.

Don't get me wrong. I've had my jabs but I don't think it should be mandatory. It's the individuals choice.

Well when there's 30/40% less care workers in the industry, perhaps some will shout that the companies should recruit more. Good luck with that "

Agree with that. Vaccination is important. However the answer is not to ram it down our throats.

No vaccine no job... And let us remember the job market is fragile and the majority of care staff get paid min wage or just above the natural answer seems to be work in tesco. Retail is struggling and as is hospitality. We are effectively saying you cannot work.

Therefore these people will fall into universal credit (it will be interesting to see if they are paid off as their contracts will not cover enforced vaccinations as all vaccinations are recommended not compulsory) can care homes afford to paid off staff and replace them with staff that may settle or not.

Scarily, could this legal requirement be rolled out to all?

So many scary thoughts and questions on the back of this

Stay safe.

liverpool

Well when there's 30/40% less care workers in the industry, perhaps some will shout that the companies should recruit more. Good luck with that "

Correct me if I'm wrong but the residents family and friends dont live there

Well when there's 30/40% less care workers in the industry, perhaps some will shout that the companies should recruit more. Good luck with that

Correct me if I'm wrong but the residents family and friends dont live there "

No but under normal circumstances families and friends visit care homes several times a day and have close direct contact with the same vulnerable residents that the staff do

So if vaccination is being made mandatory for staff on the grounds of protecting the residents, it definitely makes sense for the same to apply for anyone wishing to visit too

No but under normal circumstances families and friends visit care homes several times a day and have close direct contact with the same vulnerable residents that the staff do

So if vaccination is being made mandatory for staff on the grounds of protecting the residents, it definitely makes sense for the same to apply for anyone wishing to visit too

bristol

Human beings can be very selfish. If the restrictions were to be lifted today and all travel was allowed then a country like Spain says you can't come in if you haven't had both jabs ,I guarantee you that the same people who will make noise about not wanting to get a jab fir work will be first in line to get one just to go on holiday coz it's for their personal enjoyment yet they can't do it to protect people who at high risk right here at home.

liverpool

So if vaccination is being made mandatory for staff on the grounds of protecting the residents, it definitely makes sense for the same to apply for anyone wishing to visit too "

But surely the care staff have much more contact with all the residents?

If I had a relative there,I'd want the staff to be vaccinated.

Farnworth

Correct me if I'm wrong but they visit and the majority of care assistants don't live there hun

Farnworth

So if vaccination is being made mandatory for staff on the grounds of protecting the residents, it definitely makes sense for the same to apply for anyone wishing to visit too "

Absolutely

Farnworth

If I had a relative there,I'd want the staff to be vaccinated."

Go and work on one and be forced to take an experimental vaccine..

liverpool

Correct me if I'm wrong but they visit and the majority of care assistants don't live there hun "

Do the care staff spend more time there than a family member?

Sutely the family member only gets to see their relative?

liverpool

Go and work on one and be forced to take an experimental vaccine.. "

The same experimental vaccine that millions of people have took?

"Human beings can be very selfish. If the restrictions were to be lifted today and all travel was allowed then a country like Spain says you can't come in if you haven't had both jabs ,I guarantee you that the same people who will make noise about not wanting to get a jab fir work will be first in line to get one just to go on holiday coz it's for their personal enjoyment yet they can't do it to protect people who at high risk right here at home. "

It does seem that way.

And I don’t know where the 30% figures that someone quoted have come from. It’s more likely to strengthen care teams (enforcing vaccinations) because you’ll have fewer staff taking time off for sickness absence if they get the virus.

Also I’d much rather work in a team that has been vaccinated, than not. And selfishly I’d much rather my loved ones who have no choice but to live in a care home, we’re fully protected from the people who are supposed to be ‘caring’ for them.

people saying that many will leave are wrong because out side of London its not a major issue most care staff have had there jabs and as said care has alway been slow to fill job vacancies the solution was being sorted before covid and that is just like in the early 2000's many companies went over seas to get willing staff same as the nhs ...

brexit has caused the biggest staff shortages for now as they went home just as covid was taking its hold..

+ as someone else has said once the furlong scheme has ended there will be lots more added to the dole queue.

staff has to be found and quick because inquiries for incoming resident have gone through the roof there is going to be a need for 100s more care homes as one thing this pandemic has proven is homecare is not enough for many

liverpool

"Human beings can be very selfish. If the restrictions were to be lifted today and all travel was allowed then a country like Spain says you can't come in if you haven't had both jabs ,I guarantee you that the same people who will make noise about not wanting to get a jab fir work will be first in line to get one just to go on holiday coz it's for their personal enjoyment yet they can't do it to protect people who at high risk right here at home.

It does seem that way.

And I don’t know where the 30% figures that someone quoted have come from. It’s more likely to strengthen care teams (enforcing vaccinations) because you’ll have fewer staff taking time off for sickness absence if they get the virus.

Also I’d much rather work in a team that has been vaccinated, than not. And selfishly I’d much rather my loved ones who have no choice but to live in a care home, we’re fully protected from the people who are supposed to be ‘caring’ for them."

"Human beings can be very selfish. If the restrictions were to be lifted today and all travel was allowed then a country like Spain says you can't come in if you haven't had both jabs ,I guarantee you that the same people who will make noise about not wanting to get a jab fir work will be first in line to get one just to go on holiday coz it's for their personal enjoyment yet they can't do it to protect people who at high risk right here at home.

It does seem that way.

Also I’d much rather work in a team that has been vaccinated, than not. And selfishly I’d much rather my loved ones who have no choice but to live in a care home, we’re fully protected from the people who are supposed to be ‘caring’ for them."

Correct me if I'm wrong but they visit and the majority of care assistants don't live there hun

Sutely the family member only gets to see their relative?"

Family members will hug and kiss their relatives, often several visitors attend together and all hug and kiss said relative.

Care staff don't

Care staff are there longer but when visiting returns to normal you can have 10s of different people through the doors each day touching, hugging kissing their loved ones and having close contact with other residents also, due to space etc.

If it is to be compulsory for staff then to allow visiting to return to how it was it must also be compulsory for visitors. Unless they want to continue outside, or distanced indoors with full ppe.

Otherwise its pointless

It was inevitable really.

Think about it.

You're looking for a residential care home for your vulnerable, elderly relative.

You want them to be safe.

Would YOU be comfortable placing them in a home where they may be cared for by someone who refuses to have the vaccine?

It's a job requirement.

Just like a HGV license is a requirement if you want to drive a lorry for a living.

stafford

"

The Welsh Government is not making this mandatory for care home staff in Wales "

I can't see that lasting..bound to follow suit with England in a few weeks as will Scotland and NI

"

The Welsh Government is not making this mandatory for care home staff in Wales

I can't see that lasting..bound to follow suit with England in a few weeks as will Scotland and NI

"

Welsh Government confirmed yesterday they would not be following suit on this and would not be making jabs compulsory for care home staff, as the vaccination figures in care staff and residents in Wales are high enough that mandating the vaccine is not necessary

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

Just to make it clear whilst staff have to be vacinated.

Those that are doing repairs or main works to a care home dont have to be vacinated.

Farnworth

Sutely the family member only gets to see their relative?"

So you're actually saying that a family member or friends can't possibly have Covid. Interesting.

Farnworth

Go and work on one and be forced to take an experimental vaccine..

The same experimental vaccine that millions of people have took?"

Yes as I have but it's still experimental

Farnworth

It does seem that way.

The only problem is that if the 30% lose their jobs, there'll be less places staffed and probably more care done at relatives homes.. Then the relatives will be forced to be vaccinated.

Farnworth

"It was inevitable really.

Think about it.

You're looking for a residential care home for your vulnerable, elderly relative.

You want them to be safe.

Would YOU be comfortable placing them in a home where they may be cared for by someone who refuses to have the vaccine?

It's a job requirement.

Just like a HGV license is a requirement if you want to drive a lorry for a living."

Nothing like that. You're looking for a residential home to care for your elderly loved ones but there could be 30% less care homes because of staff shortages so you have to look after them yourself and a hgv license is no good for that.

liverpool

So you're actually saying that a family member or friends can't possibly have Covid. Interesting. "

I'd ask you where I actually said that but we both know it would be a waste of time.

liverpool

"Just to make it clear whilst staff have to be vacinated.

Those that are doing repairs or main works to a care home dont have to be vacinated. "

Probally because they are not looking after vulnerable residents.?

"Just to make it clear whilst staff have to be vacinated.

Those that are doing repairs or main works to a care home dont have to be vacinated. "

they have to be tested before entry though and they are not having direct contact with residents. Will have to wear a mask at all times and normally gloves too

Farnworth

So you're actually saying that a family member or friends can't possibly have Covid. Interesting.

I'd ask you where I actually said that but we both know it would be a waste of time."

You actually said

"Sutely the family member only gets to see their relative"

As a previous member said, but the care staff don't get to hug and kiss their relatives. The relatives probably get closer contact with the residents. So surely Covid knows they're related and they can't get it from them.

The relatives could bring Covid into the care home so therefore any relatives that want to visit should also be vaccinated

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 17/06/21 17:53:36]

Dudley

"

I'd ask you where I actually said that but we both know it would be a waste of time.

You actually said

As a previous member said, but the care staff don't get to hug and kiss their relatives. The relatives probably get closer contact with the residents. So surely Covid knows they're related and they can't get it from them.

The relatives could bring Covid into the care home so therefore any relatives that want to visit should also be vaccinated

"

The care staff have prolonged contact with multiple residents each day. They are also very close with the residents, maybe not kissing and hugging but certainly close enough to catch and pass on covid.

Relatives don't tend to go around getting close to all the other residents.

By *eedslad69Man  over a year ago

leeds

"Oh it's true .

There's many brits that are hard working. But there's nothing getting away from the fact that there's many jobs out there that the brits just won't do which are done by many Europeans. The same Europeans have now gone home because businesses have closed due to lockdown, especially in the hospitality sector and these people have not returned. Many of these vacancies have still not been filled.

By *orny andy yorkMan  over a year ago

york

"

You actually said

The care staff have prolonged contact with multiple residents each day. They are also very close with the residents, maybe not kissing and hugging but certainly close enough to catch and pass on covid.

Relatives don't tend to go around getting close to all the other residents."

do you don’t believe in freedom over your body so people can have a vax that does not stop you getting it or passing it on and not even stop you dying of it and where no one knows the long term effect

Dudley

"

You actually said

Relatives don't tend to go around getting close to all the other residents. do you don’t believe in freedom over your body so people can have a vax that does not stop you getting it or passing it on and not even stop you dying of it and where no one knows the long term effect "

You mean like every other vaccine? None of them are 100% certain at preventing death etc.

The very miniscule chance that there will be long term effects are something that we have had to weigh up in our minds. I think that for the sake of lives now, having the vaccine is the wisest choice. You might not think that, but if you look at the bigger picture, the entire world is in crisis, people need to make a choice, be part of the problem or be part of the solution.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think this is the right way to go, and expect it will be the same for all nhs staff.

It's quite common for specific vaccinations to be required for certain jobs.

Dudley

I think this is the right way to go, and expect it will be the same for all nhs staff.

It's quite common for specific vaccinations to be required for certain jobs. "

You'd think that it was a new thing the way people are kicking off.

"

You actually said

Under normal circumstances, visitors have close enough and long enough contact with their own relatives and other residents to pose a very real risk of passing them the virus.

If, going forward, staff have to be vaccinated, then visitors who are wishing to partake in indoor, close contact visits really should be too otherwise they are putting their relatives and others at risk. If they don't wish to be vaccinated then they should continue to visit as they do currently, either outdoor or at a 2 metre distance wearing ppe following a lateral flow. Otherwise' what is the point in insisting staff are vaccinated due to close contact but that visitors are not? Makes no sense

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

"

There's many brits that are hard working. But there's nothing getting away from the fact that there's many jobs out there that the brits just won't do which are done by many Europeans. The same Europeans have now gone home because businesses have closed due to lockdown, especially in the hospitality sector and these people have not returned. Many of these vacancies have still not been filled. "

Well maybe but EU migrants aren’t in uk because uk nationals don’t want jobs. They are here because there is work here. For example 50% youth unemployment in Italy, and the huge disparity of wages over Europe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage

Dudley

"

You actually said

Under normal circumstances, visitors have close enough and long enough contact with their own relatives and other residents to pose a very real risk of passing them the virus.

If, going forward, staff have to be vaccinated, then visitors who are wishing to partake in indoor, close contact visits really should be too otherwise they are putting their relatives and others at risk. If they don't wish to be vaccinated then they should continue to visit as they do currently, either outdoor or at a 2 metre distance wearing ppe following a lateral flow. Otherwise' what is the point in insisting staff are vaccinated due to close contact but that visitors are not? Makes no sense"

I personally think everyone (except those unable due to health issues) should have to have the vaccine. I was trying to say to the lady that posted, that the reason care workers need to get vaccinated is that they are in close contact with many of the residents.

"

You actually said

If, going forward, staff have to be vaccinated, then visitors who are wishing to partake in indoor, close contact visits really should be too otherwise they are putting their relatives and others at risk. If they don't wish to be vaccinated then they should continue to visit as they do currently, either outdoor or at a 2 metre distance wearing ppe following a lateral flow. Otherwise' what is the point in insisting staff are vaccinated due to close contact but that visitors are not? Makes no sense

I personally think everyone (except those unable due to health issues) should have to have the vaccine. I was trying to say to the lady that posted, that the reason care workers need to get vaccinated is that they are in close contact with many of the residents. "

So are visitors, under normal circumstances

You can have several visitirs per resident through the doors each day

Each one may hug and kiss their relative and due to the nature of care homes, have close contact with other residents, due to the layout of the premises

They pose as much of a risk as staff

It isn't worth risking allowing them to visit unrestricted if they are not vaccinated if we are insisting staff are vaccinated

They should either be vaccinated or be prepared to only be allowed visits with restrictions

liverpool

You actually said

"

So where again did I say a family member camt possibly have covid?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"All barristers and judges sit back rubbing their hands ??????

but if it becomes law they have no grounds ?? if medically proven to benefit the employee and patient then i can see no problems ..."

This is a problem though

liverpool

"

You actually said

You really wouldnt think that wouod need spelling out

"

You actually said

You really wouldnt think that wouod need spelling out "

You'd be surprised

Many will sit and talk to others, hold hands, provide comfort, especially with residents with dementia

Especially when their relative has been at a home for several years,many see the other residents almost like family too

Close contact of some kind with residents other than their own relatives is inevitable in a lot of circumstances

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

There is a petition against this

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

This should have been the case for nhs workers too - and nhs and care staff should have been priority vaccinated alongside the elderly.

barnstaple

"There is a petition against this "

Good

Farnworth

"

You actually said

True but most relatives get friends and family so each carry their own risks. Best to vaccinated any person that has any intention of visiting a relative or friend in a care home, oh and their friends and families too. Can't be too safe, can we.

Let's all forget about personal choice etc and insist that everyone gets the jabs in case they've got someone who might have a relative in a care home or expecting to visit someone who has one.

As I said, I've had both mine and I still say that people should have their own choice. Sorry if you don't agree but that's my opinion

I work in a School..i helped look after other peoples children when they returned. If i had been given the jabs then, maybe i wouldn't have given my dad Covid. I was his only carer and we took all precautions but i unknowingly passed it to him and he died.

I would have gladly had any jab going that would have helped protect us or anyone else's family. So to read the crap that anti vaxers spout is so bloody insulting.

liverpool

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Many will sit and talk to others, hold hands, provide comfort, especially with residents with dementia

Especially when their relative has been at a home for several years,many see the other residents almost like family too

Close contact of some kind with residents other than their own relatives is inevitable in a lot of circumstances "

Fair enough

I thought people would have just been there to see their own relatives.

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Close contact of some kind with residents other than their own relatives is inevitable in a lot of circumstances

Fair enough

I thought people would have just been there to see their own relatives."

It usually starts off that way

But over months and years many get close to others and they end up like one big family in a way

Dudley

"

Fair enough

I never thought I'd see the day, but I agree

barnstaple

I'm more concerned about people laying in their own urine and worse until lunchtime, due to greedy owners having minimal staffing.

"

Fair enough

I never thought I'd see the day, but I agree "

Many people think that and often it starts off like that

But many become familiar with other residents over time, especially in smaller unit based care homes, and end up like family

"

Fair enough

But many become familiar with other residents over time, especially in smaller unit based care homes, and end up like family "

Yes a lady i know started visiting her friend in a care home but ended up befriending several of the other residents too.

"

Fair enough

But many become familiar with other residents over time, especially in smaller unit based care homes, and end up like family

Yes a lady i know started visiting her friend in a care home but ended up befriending several of the other residents too. "

It's human nature

"

Fair enough

Yes a lady i know started visiting her friend in a care home but ended up befriending several of the other residents too.

It's human nature "

It was lovely actually as a couple of them never had any visitors.

Dudley

"

Fair enough

It's human nature "

Oh I agree, it's especially lovely for the residents that don't have family.

"I'm more concerned about people laying in their own urine and worse until lunchtime, due to greedy owners having minimal staffing."

if your that concerned then use the proper channels to complain as that is not acceptable at all ... its the reason why the cqc are there if the home does nothing ...

liverpool

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

It usually starts off that way

But over months and years many get close to others and they end up like one big family in a way"

Heart warming to hear that goes on

Farnworth

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

Not at all. Perhaps a day or even an understanding about care homes would help instead of just shouting that vaccination must be mandatory for the staff. If that's mandatory then anyone who comes in, whether it's relatives, friends, maintainance, all ambulance personnel, all doctors (not all have the jab), NHS staff, all agency staff, families if those visitors must also be injected and a test prior to entry must happen to so that the care home staff are protected from outsiders who may have the virus

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

Not at all. Perhaps a day or even an understanding about care homes would help instead of just shouting that vaccination must be mandatory for the staff. If that's mandatory then anyone who comes in, whether it's relatives, friends, maintainance, all ambulance personnel, all doctors (not all have the jab), NHS staff, all agency staff, families if those visitors must also be injected and a test prior to entry must happen to so that the care home staff are protected from outsiders who may have the virus "

You are aware this is the case with visitors to care homes right?

You have provided a negative test and in some care homes they are only allowing vaccinated people in.

liverpool

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

Not at all. Perhaps a day or even an understanding about care homes would help instead of just shouting that vaccination must be mandatory for the staff. If that's mandatory then anyone who comes in, whether it's relatives, friends, maintainance, all ambulance personnel, all doctors (not all have the jab), NHS staff, all agency staff, families if those visitors must also be injected and a test prior to entry must happen to so that the care home staff are protected from outsiders who may have the virus "

I do apologise.

I thought it was an open forum where people were allowed to Express an opinion.

I was obviously mistaken

Dudley

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

Great idea, let's get everyone vaccinated, I'm suprised we agree on this tbh.

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

Definitely

A lot of people seem to think it's only care staff that have close contact with residents in a care home

They'd be surprised, as you say, GPs, District Nurses, Social Workers, Inspectors, Chiropodists, Opticians, Social Workers, Visitors, Plumbers, Electrician, Paramedics, Fire service, etc etc

All these people have close contact purely due to the nature and layout of care homes

Insist all entering carr home in any capacity are vaccinated if the care staff are too be, otherwise the residents aren't protected from the risk they pose, defeats the point then.

Farnworth

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

Not at all. Perhaps a day or even an understanding about care homes would help instead of just shouting that vaccination must be mandatory for the staff. If that's mandatory then anyone who comes in, whether it's relatives, friends, maintainance, all ambulance personnel, all doctors (not all have the jab), NHS staff, all agency staff, families if those visitors must also be injected and a test prior to entry must happen to so that the care home staff are protected from outsiders who may have the virus

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

"

Now is there any need whatsoever to be so sarcastic. Yes it's an open forum and you expressed your opinion based on your thoughts and not reality.

I thought people might have a bit of an idea by now but obviously I'm mistaken.

Dudley

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

Now is there any need whatsoever to be so sarcastic. Yes it's an open forum and you expressed your opinion based on your thoughts and not reality.

I thought people might have a bit of an idea by now but obviously I'm mistaken. "

We do have an idea, an idea that a vaccine will protect people more than nothing having the vaccine, it's really not rocket science

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

arnold, Nottingham

but if it becomes law they have no grounds ?? if medically proven to benefit the employee and patient then i can see no problems ..."

I say ban smoking and drinking as that will save over 100 000 patients being in hospital in the first place

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

No mention of the agency carers who visit people in their own homes ?

barnstaple

"I'm more concerned about people laying in their own urine and worse until lunchtime, due to greedy owners having minimal staffing.

if your that concerned then use the proper channels to complain as that is not acceptable at all ... its the reason why the cqc are there if the home does nothing ... "

I have thanks, I've been involved in more safegaurding incidents in care homes than I care to remember.

liverpool

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

I thought people might have a bit of an idea by now but obviously I'm mistaken. "

If I had an elderly relative in a care home,I'd not want the people looking after them to pass covid onto them.

My mind wont change on that.

I disagree with this, I'm not antivax (had number 1 myself) but, people should have the freedom of choice.

Flu also kills thousands each year in care homes but the flu jab was never mandatory...

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

There are no mandatory vaccinations in the UK. They are all just recommended.

This is a dangerous precedent.

Think about it..... Care workers, NHS, then where? Supermarket workers, oh then the shoppers. Then where?

I read someone said no jab no job no social benefit. Where are we going here? This is disgusting.

I'm not anti vax. I am pro choice and protecting our liberty. I am anti bull shit. There are people here that should be ashamed of themselves.

People are quite happy stating that people should be held down against their will to receive chemicals in their body. If they don't the state will disown them.

You could actually argue that being here on fab looking to enjoy the lifestyle is flying in the face of government guidance. Do we therefore state anyone here if they catch covid from a meet then gets removed from social benefit? Or are we all on here for the online chat?

Sounds cruel... But what I have read is equally cruel and nasty.

By *orny andy yorkMan  over a year ago

york

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

If I had an elderly relative in a care home,I'd not want the people looking after them to pass covid onto them.

My mind wont change on that."

then your ignorant then

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

My mind wont change on that. then your ignorant then "

how does that make him ignorant

barnstaple

Says the man who ordered people to be discharged from hospitals with covid to care homes !

Says the man who sat by while care staff used whatever they could for PPE.

Says the man who has allowed people to die alone.

liverpool

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

My mind wont change on that. then your ignorant then "

Ooh please do tell me why

Farnworth

but if it becomes law they have no grounds ?? if medically proven to benefit the employee and patient then i can see no problems ...

I say ban smoking and drinking as that will save over 100 000 patients being in hospital in the first place "

And where do you think the funding will come from?

Ban smoking and drinking then your income tax will rocket. Good idea.

Hey, Mr Chancellor, this person wants to pay more tax

Farnworth

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

So you must have the jabs and your relatives abd their friends because it's not only care staff that can carry the virus. Chances are relatives and friends are more likely to be complacent about the virus.

Dudley

"

My mind wont change on that. then your ignorant then

Ooh please do tell me why"

How dare you want your relative to be safe! Shame on you!

Dudley

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

So you must have the jabs and your relatives abd their friends because it's not only care staff that can carry the virus. Chances are relatives and friends are more likely to be complacent about the virus. "

Yes, everyone that is able should be vaccinated, you keep agreeing with me, it's remarkable.

Farnworth

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

I don't want you to change your mind. It's closed anyway.

Obviously you haven't got an elderly relative in care

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think professional duty of care may require Covid vaccination, ultimately. I do not think that this necessarily extends to family and friends - who do not have a professional duty. Even if they are a bigger risk.

liverpool

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

Obviously you haven't got an elderly relative in care"

You know fuck all about me

Farnworth

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

You know fuck all about me"

That's very true. Phew and the same is very true. You know nothing about me. Tah dah

liverpool

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

That's very true. Phew and the same is very true. You know nothing about me. Tah dah "

I'm sorry.

I missed your point.

Too right...it should be madatory...we cant be putting others at risk

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sometimes it is best just to agree to disagree rather than keep labouring a point or getting annoyed

Farnworth

"

You actually said

You'd be surprised

Fair enough

I do apologise.

I was obviously mistaken

That's very true. Phew and the same is very true. You know nothing about me. Tah dah

I'm sorry.

I missed your point."

Same as yours but without the need for swearing

Farnworth

If they have a sound medical reason then it’s fair enough for them not to be vaccinated, otherwise, it should be, have the vaccine or leave. If they want to continue to work in that environment it’s a reasonable requirement. If they make themselves unemployed by leaving they should not be supported by the state financially. "

They won't be leaving per se. They'll be sacked or have their contracts terminated. Fair enough. More on the dole to pay out of workers taxes

Farnworth

How is it not forcing them?

Jab or no job?

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

How is it not forcing them?

Jab or no job?"

That's the choice - and a fair one. If you want to be involved in care work but are not vaccinated against this disease then unless you are medically exempt you are simply choosing to be a liability and that is something we cannot abide.