FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > COVID 19 - Not getting the jab.

COVID 19 - Not getting the jab.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just out of curiosity is there anyone else who's not getting the covid jab??

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Just out of curiosity is there anyone else who's not getting the covid jab??"

So, I assume from your wording you not getting the vaccinations. Can I be rude and ask your reasons?

Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it and I don't feel the vaccines have been properly tested from what research I have done. We won't see the real results (or possibly consequences) until 5-10 years from now, all seems a bit much imo.

Lanarkshire

"Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it and I don't feel the vaccines have been properly tested from what research I have done. We won't see the real results (or possibly consequences) until 5-10 years from now, all seems a bit much imo."

I can absolutely see your point. If I had been 25/30 years younger I possibly wouldn’t be keen to take it up. Elderly parents and my occupation were contributing factors as to why I took the jags without hesitation.

I do wonder though, if it becomes imperative for forgein, will your stance alter?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some selfish 'it's all about me' people on here

By *omfilthMan  over a year ago

brockworth

I’m not planning to have it

I didn't plan on having it but the fact my parents have made me see it in a different light, if we all turn into mutants or whatever then who are we left with, I'm taking my chances and getting it done

I sense that a lot of younger people don't want vaccinated. I myself am double jabbed now simply because I want to keep myself and family safe. My parents are in their 80's and were one of the first to be vaccinated. Plus if people want to go abroad and are asked for ID of their vaccination but you can't give it then the likelihood is that you may not be allowed into the country x

"Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it and I don't feel the vaccines have been properly tested from what research I have done. We won't see the real results (or possibly consequences) until 5-10 years from now, all seems a bit much imo.

I can absolutely see your point. If I had been 25/30 years younger I possibly wouldn’t be keen to take it up. Elderly parents and my occupation were contributing factors as to why I took the jags without hesitation.

I do wonder though, if it becomes imperative for forgein, will your stance alter? "

Aye it depends on one's circumstances I guess. Such a huge variation in peoples day to day lives.

Im no sure what's meant by imperative for forgein? I'm no the brightest with fancy words sometimes haha

"Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it and I don't feel the vaccines have been properly tested from what research I have done. We won't see the real results (or possibly consequences) until 5-10 years from now, all seems a bit much imo.

I do wonder though, if it becomes imperative for forgein, will your stance alter?

Aye it depends on one's circumstances I guess. Such a huge variation in peoples day to day lives.

Im no sure what's meant by imperative for forgein? I'm no the brightest with fancy words sometimes haha"

If you want to be jetting off to shagaloof you're probably gonna need to roll up your sleeve

"I sense that a lot of younger people don't want vaccinated. I myself am double jabbed now simply because I want to keep myself and family safe. My parents are in their 80's and were one of the first to be vaccinated. Plus if people want to go abroad and are asked for ID of their vaccination but you can't give it then the likelihood is that you may not be allowed into the country x "

The thought of cov.id passports makes me more sceptical of it all if I'm honest. With the survival rate as high as it is and the vaccine roll-out basically being a global clinical trial given the speed they were rushed out at it does make one ponder.

Lanarkshire

Im no sure what's meant by imperative for forgein? I'm no the brightest with fancy words sometimes haha"

Fuck I missed the word travel….my cat interrupted my train of thought around then!

If you need it for foreign travel…….?

"I sense that a lot of younger people don't want vaccinated. I myself am double jabbed now simply because I want to keep myself and family safe. My parents are in their 80's and were one of the first to be vaccinated. Plus if people want to go abroad and are asked for ID of their vaccination but you can't give it then the likelihood is that you may not be allowed into the country x

The thought of cov.id passports makes me more sceptical of it all if I'm honest. With the survival rate as high as it is and the vaccine roll-out basically being a global clinical trial given the speed they were rushed out at it does make one ponder. "

Thousands of people have had it but ultimately it is your choice x

No chance, too much hype & not a lot of risk from Covid, and who knows what the risk is from the jabs. 71 deaths from thrombosis so far, not that I think that’s a big risk. But why take that risk. There will be other unknown effects. As for others, .002% chance of death from covid - take precautions be sensible but remember life is not a dress rehearsal and 18 months have been significantly diminished by this. Then there’s the £ cost. Completely unknown!

Im no sure what's meant by imperative for forgein? I'm no the brightest with fancy words sometimes haha

Fuck I missed the word travel….my cat interrupted my train of thought around then!

If you need it for foreign travel…….?"

Haha, cats are always causing trouble! I'd probably retreat to the highlands and keep a low profile if I'm honest. Bad days ahead if governments start dabbling in those kind of powers.

I personally want a normal life, if getting to go to a beach with a pina colada in hand means being stuck twice with a slight hint of mutation, I'm all aboard

By *anderMan  over a year ago

Perth

The survival rate is not 99.5%

The current fatalities in the UK is 0.2% of the total population, and that’s with strict intervention, ergo for your statistic of “99.5%” to be true you would also have to suggest that nearly every single person has been infected.

For 99.5% to be true you would be increasing the current infected cases from 5.2 million to 66.3 million. Which would make us the most infected country in the world… by nearly double.

A more accurate way to find the statistic you want would be to compare infections with recovery, which is 82.9%, and that’s with our current developments of vaccinations and treatments.

82.9% is not a good number.

As for the vaccine, it uses mRNA technologies, mRNA cannot combine with DNA so it is physically impossible for mRNA to alter DNA, think of it like sticking a DVD into a tumble-dryer, it an’t gona play the movie.

The vaccine simply triggers a cell to produce a harmless protein unique to Coronavirus, which leads to antibodies, that’s it.

By *cottish gentMan  over a year ago

Dumbarton

I work in an industry where I can see it (covid vaccine) being mandatory in the next year or so. My view is its like the Yellow fever vaccine for Africa.

I don't have an issue getting it.

By *cottish gentMan  over a year ago

Dumbarton

I work in an industry where I can see it (covid vaccine) being mandatory in the next year or so. My view is its like the Yellow fever vaccine for Africa.

I don't have an issue getting it.

"The survival rate is not 99.5%

The current fatalities in the UK is 0.2% of the total population, and that’s with strict intervention, ergo for your statistic of “99.5%” to be true you would also have to suggest that nearly every single person has been infected.

For 99.5% to be true you would be increasing the current infected cases from 5.2 million to 66.3 million. Which would make us the most infected country in the world… by nearly double.

A more accurate way to find the statistic you want would be to compare infections with recovery, which is 82.9%, and that’s with our current developments of vaccinations and treatments.

As for the vaccine, it uses mRNA technologies, mRNA cannot combine with DNA so it is physically impossible for mRNA to alter DNA, think of it like sticking a DVD into a tumble-dryer, it an’t gona play the movie.

The vaccine simply triggers a cell to produce a harmless protein unique to Coronavirus, which leads to antibodies, that’s it."

Only went with this, not my own personal calculation.

https://fullfact.org/online/covid-19-survival-rate-less-998/

Most deaths have been people with pre existing health conditions. Still wouldn't convince me to risk the jab I'm afraid.

The vaccine simply triggers a cell to produce a harmless protein unique to Coronavirus, which leads to antibodies, that’s it."

WHAT WAS CLAIMED

Covid-19 has a survival rate of 99.8%.

OUR VERDICT

The survival rate varies by country but this estimate is too high for the UK. Estimates of the survival rate range from around 99% to 99.5%.

Perth

The vaccine simply triggers a cell to produce a harmless protein unique to Coronavirus, which leads to antibodies, that’s it.

Most deaths have been people with pre existing health conditions. Still wouldn't convince me to risk the jab I'm afraid."

Have you read the webpage you linked? I just did, and it’s completely aligned with my point of 99.5% not being a true number for survival, because it would rely on nearly the entire country being infected.

And the very same webpage clearly lays out why this particular vaccine is safe.

you sir, have confused me.

Perth

WHAT WAS CLAIMED

Covid-19 has a survival rate of 99.8%.

OUR VERDICT

The survival rate varies by country but this estimate is too high for the UK. Estimates of the survival rate range from around 99% to 99.5%."

That’s the survival rate of the population as a whole, not the survival rate of infected persons.

So, the average life expectancy in the UK is 81, the average age of death of covid is 82.

We've both been double jabbed, because, it's the responsible thing to do, however can totally understand why especially the younger generation are against it.

Even if you have both vaccinations, you still need to self isolate if you get a call, you need to spent money on tests if you go abroad, you still can't go talk to your friends at another table in a bar or restaurant, and unless you're really lucky, can't go to a football match. Not saying we agree, but totally understand why younger people think "what's the point, I'll survive it, so what's the point".

By *eardedInkMan  over a year ago

Cumbernauld

Got vaccinated against all sorts before deploying to Iraq so no hesitation in getting the 2 jabs, all done now and hopefully it makes travelling for work easier

Most deaths have been people with pre existing health conditions. Still wouldn't convince me to risk the jab I'm afraid.

Have you read the webpage you linked? I just did, and it’s completely aligned with my point of 99.5% not being a true number for survival, because it would rely on nearly the entire country being infected.

you sir, have confused me."

Yes they have mentioned the same calculation you did but it was to disapprove 99.8%. Their final verdict for the UK was still 99.5% in the summary. Most other fact checker websites seem to be aligned with this. Even if it's a calculation of the overall population over infected I'd still say the odds are very much in my favour. So therefore I don't need the vaccine.

I don't believe the jabs are unsafe in the short-term but could be in the long-term (5-10 years from now) we don't know the effects yet they were only tested briefly before release, fact checker also did state:

'Covid-19 is not just dangerous because it kills people. The effects of “long Covid” are not well understood, but it is expected that Covid-19 will reduce the quality of life for some people who contract and survive the disease.'

The vaccine doesn't make you immune to covid you can still catch it post-jab. You're literally jabbing yourself with the virus that will permanently be in you thereafter.

Had both my jabs months ago as did my eldest son, lost a few healthy friends to covid and know a lot of people who had underlying conditions and know an even larger number of people who before covid didn’t understand fibromyalgia and just how debilitating an illness it is, now they’re suffering from long term covid which symptoms are identical to fibro !! So the way I see it society was messing with our genes be in environmental or through ingestion long before the covid jag came along just some folks bodies aren’t coping with it as well as others, it’s all a toss off the dice you win some you lose some ! So far I’ve won against covid but lost the cancer lottery there’s always something out there doesn’t stop me doing what i can to protect the wider community as best I can but also my own health and sanity

Yes they have mentioned the same calculation you did but it was to disapprove 99.8%. Their final verdict for the UK was still 99.5% in the summary. Most other fact checker websites seem to be aligned with this. Even if it's a calculation of the overall population over infected I'd still say the odds are very much in my favour. So therefore I don't need the vaccine.

I don't believe the jabs are unsafe in the short-term but could be in the long-term (5-10 years from now) we don't know the effects yet they were only tested briefly before release, fact checker also did state:

'Covid-19 is not just dangerous because it kills people. The effects of “long Covid” are not well understood, but it is expected that Covid-19 will reduce the quality of life for some people who contract and survive the disease.'

The vaccine doesn't make you immune to covid you can still catch it post-jab. You're literally jabbing yourself with the virus that will permanently be in you thereafter. "

Your jabbing yourself with a unique protein that’s found within the covid virus that triggers a unique immune suppress marker within the body actually

There’s a great site for children’s education that explains viruses, pretty sure it’s on cbbc

The vaccine doesn't make you immune to covid you can still catch it post-jab. You're literally jabbing yourself with the virus that will permanently be in you thereafter.

Your jabbing yourself with a unique protein that’s found within the covid virus that triggers a unique immune suppress marker within the body actually

There’s a great site for children’s education that explains viruses, pretty sure it’s on cbbc "

But I still don't need it that's my original point.

Perth

The vaccine doesn't make you immune to covid you can still catch it post-jab. You're literally jabbing yourself with the virus that will permanently be in you thereafter. "

Oh my… that is not how vaccines work, yes they do contain an innate sample of material taken from the virus in order to teach the cell to develop the (harmless) protein, but a further feature of mRNA technology is that the cell immediately destroys the genetic material from the vaccine, it’s impossible for it not to. And, the sample used is taken from a version that is impossible to infect humans, that’s exactly why a vaccine does not stop you catching the infection, it simply gives your body all the information it needs to to deal with it.

Oh my… that is not how vaccines work, yes they do contain an innate sample of material taken from the virus in order to teach the cell to develop the (harmless) protein, but a further feature of mRNA technology is that the cell immediately destroys the genetic material from the vaccine, it’s impossible for it not to. And, the sample used is taken from a version that is impossible to infect humans, that’s exactly why a vaccine does not stop you catching the infection, it simply gives your body all the information it needs to to deal with it."

But I still don't need it lol.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/safety-and-side-effects/

I'll take my chances.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

How can anyone be so blind, I'm mega confused.

Both of us are 1 vax through with Mr having a date for his second. We do it for the good of our community, my friend got covid and subsequently long covid. I've had perfectly healthy people in hospital because of it. Us young people work a good portion of public facing jobs, we are very much part of society. Its our responsibility to protect ourselves, our loved ones and wider community, some of who may not be able to get the vaccine for medical reasons

Get it, don't get it. This thread isn't changing your mind but it is making you look immature as you keep replying with the same thing over and over.

All the young people I know are jumping to get in the queue, we would rather get on with our lives than be going to funerals.

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 06:27:57]

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 06:28:57]

So do we believe all of what we are told by Scientists and Governments; do we think that there is a degree of selling here?

Contradiction after contradiction; hypocrisy in spades!

So part of the issue is credibility….. v’s risk v’s common sense…. Look around …. Each to their own opinion and actually choice matters. I skipped the BCG as a 14 yr old too btw

By *dlilbumCouple  over a year ago

Aviemore and regularly visit Glasgow

A large proportion of us would be dead without vaccination. Trust science, not you tube.

It has to be personal choice but for a meet we ask the others if they have had both jags.

If they have not then we are not interested.

It is a personal choice but if they are not bothered about looking after their health and that of others they meet they are not for us.

By *ye rolls matter!!Man  over a year ago

Glasgow area

I've had Covid - didn't die.

Had first vaccine - also didn't die.

Personal choice if you get a vaccine or not. I'm not attempting to influence anyone one way or the other.

"How can anyone be so blind, I'm mega confused.

Both of us are 1 vax through with Mr having a date for his second. We do it for the good of our community, my friend got covid and subsequently long covid. I've had perfectly healthy people in hospital because of it. Us young people work a good portion of public facing jobs, we are very much part of society. Its our responsibility to protect ourselves, our loved ones and wider community, some of who may not be able to get the vaccine for medical reasons

Get it, don't get it. This thread isn't changing your mind but it is making you look immature as you keep replying with the same thing over and over.

All the young people I know are jumping to get in the queue, we would rather get on with our lives than be going to funerals. "

You can't call it personal choice then call me immature for expressing my opinion. I've only quoted statistics provided by fact checker websites, the survival rate is way too high for me to be jaggimg myself with 3 poorly trialed jabs with possibly a 4th on the way now. As I said I'll take my chances.

"So do we believe all of what we are told by Scientists and Governments; do we think that there is a degree of selling here?

So part of the issue is credibility….. v’s risk v’s common sense…. Look around …. Each to their own opinion and actually choice matters. I skipped the BCG as a 14 yr old too btw

"

Thank you!

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Can I ask why you list safe sex amongst your interests when you clearly have such little regard for yours and others health?

By *hoswhoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 08:24:35]

Edinburgh

Yeah same here, we aren't taking up the vaccine...

By *ally dugsCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

"It has to be personal choice but for a meet we ask the others if they have had both jags.

If they have not then we are not interested.

It is a personal choice but if they are not bothered about looking after their health and that of others they meet they are not for us.

"

you can still catch covid and spread it with or without both jabs some people are forgetting this these. jabs only stop you in most cases form getting very ill it don't stop you getting covid

"Just out of curiosity is there anyone else who's not getting the covid jab??

Can I ask why you list safe sex amongst your interests when you clearly have such little regard for yours and others health?"

Are you actually for real...

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Can I ask why you list safe sex amongst your interests when you clearly have such little regard for yours and others health?

Are you actually for real... "

Yes I am. It's a pretty straight forward question. Are you going to answer it or are you going to spout statistics from websites that suit your agenda instead?

As a healthcare professional who has worked with covid patients throughout I'm extremely interested to know what you know that folk likeyself who have witnessed countless folk dying don't.

Or are you just a selfish idiot who knows nothing?

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 08:56:33]

Are you actually for real...

Yes I am. It's a pretty straight forward question. Are you going to answer it or are you going to spout statistics from websites that suit your agenda instead?

As a healthcare professional who has worked with covid patients throughout I'm extremely interested to know what you know that folk likeyself who have witnessed countless folk dying don't.

Or are you just a selfish idiot who knows nothing?"

My agenda?.. (As previously expressed it's freedom of choice).

I don't see how it's related to using condoms but you're free to go and bitch to the admin to add unvaxed as an interest.

Not bothering to respond to the rest of that drivel.

I , for one will never criticise anyone who refuses the jab , I just think if their point of reference was a fraction out with their own selfishness , they may consider otherwise , I don’t care about myself am 58 , as at my age I’m past my prime but I don’t want to infect the general public unnecessarily , if I can do anything that vastly reduces the likelihood of me infecting family or friends , not being an arsehole ( some opinions may differ ) then I will do so…salient point earlier , why meet someone who has no regard as to whether they pass on viruses ….of any kind

"I , for one will never criticise anyone who refuses the jab , I just think if their point of reference was a fraction out with their own selfishness , they may consider otherwise , I don’t care about myself am 58 , as at my age I’m past my prime but I don’t want to infect the general public unnecessarily , if I can do anything that vastly reduces the likelihood of me infecting family or friends , not being an arsehole ( some opinions may differ ) then I will do so…salient point earlier , why meet someone who has no regard as to whether they pass on viruses ….of any kind "

If someone doesn't want to meet me because I haven't been jabbed that's fair enough. I'm very open about my decision but the earlier post only accussed me of not using condoms because of the jab basically which is a bit odd to say the least.

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Reading through the varied opinions regarding the vaccine, statistics, and the pros and cons has just highlighted even more the misinformation, confusion myth and devide it is creating in society and it all stems back to how much we trust official sources of information from the government and NHS. People will believe what they want unfortunately and why would you believe the NHS when we have such great resources for information such a Facebook........we have unfortunately been lied to at every turn by the so called 'experts' in suits that sit in offices trying to avoid being caught on camera shagging their staff. I personally listen to the real experts at the coal face who are dealing with the effects on an hourly basis, if they say its safe and we need it then I'll get it. I've had my first and due my second soon. My advice to you if you read my post is remember it's not just about you, yea you may be healthy (and long may that continue) but being vaccinated helps stop the spread to those who aren't so lucky. So consider doing something for others at this time as a society we have become more selfish and only think of ourselves.

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Threads like this are excellent filters I find.

"Threads like this are excellent filters I find. "

Most informative point so far to the thread

I'm fully vaccinated and I'm glad for it

"Threads like this are excellent filters I find. "

By all means. I'm done with this holier than thou thread.

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

"

It lessens symptoms if you unfortunately catch it again and doesn't prevent further spread undoubtedly would it then be fair to ask if you have a lighter infection you may have less of a chance to be transmittable"

That is a very good point and one I have never seen answered

By *unkydunkyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"A large proportion of us would be dead without vaccination. Trust science, not you tube. "

Well said

"

It lessens symptoms if you unfortunately catch it again and doesn't prevent further spread undoubtedly would it then be fair to ask if you have a lighter infection you may have less of a chance to be transmittable

That is a very good point and one I have never seen answered"

You're about half as likely to transmit the virus if upholding the 2m distance rule although it hasn't been conclusively proven yet, the vaccines haven't been out long enough and each one has different rates of effectiveness. They're produced by different private companies who are all competing with one another (money/shares).

If you're in close contact (under two metres) or most likely immediate physical contact in regards to the nature of this site you're still highly likely to spread it to whomever you're with vaccine or not.

And now there's the reportedly worse delta variant that's on it's way... which the current vaccines are useless against

I'm heading to the hills.

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Wow this post made for interesting reading.... I'm double vaccinated have been for a while, mainly due to my job! But previous to vaccination I did the blood test for antibodies that was to show if you've had covid previously I did this twice and both times it came back positive yet I had no symptoms at all. The vaccine only helps protect against the affect if you catch covid not the spread of it and tbh if it wasn't for work I would have possibly not taken it. X

By *reg1812Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's amazing how often I see this 99.5% survival rate used to justify not taking the vaccine. Consider this, would you do any of the following if you knew your chances of survival were 99.5% -

Cross the road

Go on a plane

Drive a car

99.5% may sound like good odds but when it come to life and death, it really isn't.

"Wow this post made for interesting reading.... I'm double vaccinated have been for a while, mainly due to my job! But previous to vaccination I did the blood test for antibodies that was to show if you've had covid previously I did this twice and both times it came back positive yet I had no symptoms at all. The vaccine only helps protect against the affect if you catch covid not the spread of it and tbh if it wasn't for work I would have possibly not taken it. X"
I think in an ideal world we all would have avoided it . I think the conversation morphed into lifestyle and the moral issue of limiting the likelihood of passing onto those more vulnerable ….hence the reason you are double jabbed

By *inky_cpl_777Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It's amazing how often I see this 99.5% survival rate used to justify not taking the vaccine. Consider this, would you do any of the following if you knew your chances of survival were 99.5% -

Cross the road

Go on a plane

Drive a car

99.5% may sound like good odds but when it come to life and death, it really isn't."

to add to that .. if the water in our taps was safe to drink 99.5% of the time then that would mean over 7 mins everyday you could be drinking contaminated water... hmmm

We’ve both had our first jab, with the second set for the end of the month. We also won’t even consider meeting anyone not double vaccinated.

I (male half) had Covid last year. Primary symptoms persisted from the end of April until early June. I could barely leave bed for over five weeks, and had real trouble breathing. And that was a mild case of the disease.

Since then, there are days, and sometimes whole weeks, where I wake up feeling almost as bad as I did at that time. No energy, coughing, difficulty breathing. It always passes, but it’s an ongoing effect. My doctor thinks it might just be a permanent part of my life now.

If us vaccinating can help prevent even one other person having to experience something like I did, we’re more than happy to do it. It’s not about the person being vaccinated, it’s for everyone.

"We’ve both had our first jab, with the second set for the end of the month. We also won’t even consider meeting anyone not double vaccinated.

I (male half) had Covid last year. Primary symptoms persisted from the end of April until early June. I could barely leave bed for over five weeks, and had real trouble breathing. And that was a mild case of the disease.

Since then, there are days, and sometimes whole weeks, where I wake up feeling almost as bad as I did at that time. No energy, coughing, difficulty breathing. It always passes, but it’s an ongoing effect. My doctor thinks it might just be a permanent part of my life now.

If us vaccinating can help prevent even one other person having to experience something like I did, we’re more than happy to do it. It’s not about the person being vaccinated, it’s for everyone. "

Keep well and safe. Hope it isn’t long lasting for you. Glad you got through it. Sadly know a few who didn’t

"We’ve both had our first jab, with the second set for the end of the month. We also won’t even consider meeting anyone not double vaccinated.

If us vaccinating can help prevent even one other person having to experience something like I did, we’re more than happy to do it. It’s not about the person being vaccinated, it’s for everyone.

Keep well and safe. Hope it isn’t long lasting for you. Glad you got through it. Sadly know a few who didn’t "

Thanks, man, that’s appreciated. You stay safe and well too.

Glasgow

"Wow this post made for interesting reading.... I'm double vaccinated have been for a while, mainly due to my job! But previous to vaccination I did the blood test for antibodies that was to show if you've had covid previously I did this twice and both times it came back positive yet I had no symptoms at all. The vaccine only helps protect against the affect if you catch covid not the spread of it and tbh if it wasn't for work I would have possibly not taken it. X I think in an ideal world we all would have avoided it . I think the conversation morphed into lifestyle and the moral issue of limiting the likelihood of passing onto those more vulnerable ….hence the reason you are double jabbed "

But you can still catch and pass it on even if you are double jagged. My gran caught it and was doubled jagged its not a full proof way of stopping it. Especially when we are getting all these different strains there is no way we are covered for these new strains we knew nothing about x

Glasgow

If us vaccinating can help prevent even one other person having to experience something like I did, we’re more than happy to do it. It’s not about the person being vaccinated, it’s for everyone. "

Can I ask you, your saying that you would meet anyone who hadnt been vaccinated... how are you checking this? X

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Wow this post made for interesting reading.... I'm double vaccinated have been for a while, mainly due to my job! But previous to vaccination I did the blood test for antibodies that was to show if you've had covid previously I did this twice and both times it came back positive yet I had no symptoms at all. The vaccine only helps protect against the affect if you catch covid not the spread of it and tbh if it wasn't for work I would have possibly not taken it. X I think in an ideal world we all would have avoided it . I think the conversation morphed into lifestyle and the moral issue of limiting the likelihood of passing onto those more vulnerable ….hence the reason you are double jabbed

But you can still catch and pass it on even if you are double jagged. My gran caught it and was doubled jagged its not a full proof way of stopping it. Especially when we are getting all these different strains there is no way we are covered for these new strains we knew nothing about x"

This is true but if by being vaccinated stops people from becoming really sick if they then catch it then that takes the strain of the NHS as less people will need to be hospitalise

Can I ask you, your saying that you would meet anyone who hadnt been vaccinated... how are you checking this? X"

We’re willing to share our vaccination confirmations with people we’re looking at meeting. We’d hope they’ll do the same. If not, then fair play, but we’ll politely decline any meets. We’d rather massively shrink the pool of people we might meet with than risk the health of ourselves and others.

Edinburgh

Can I ask you, your saying that you would meet anyone who hadnt been vaccinated... how are you checking this? X

We’re willing to share our vaccination confirmations with people we’re looking at meeting. We’d hope they’ll do the same. If not, then fair play, but we’ll politely decline any meets. We’d rather massively shrink the pool of people we might meet with than risk the health of ourselves and others. "

We would be more inclined to be asking them for proof of no sti's / std's

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

"

It lessens symptoms if you unfortunately catch it again and doesn't prevent further spread undoubtedly would it then be fair to ask if you have a lighter infection you may have less of a chance to be transmittable

That is a very good point and one I have never seen answered

You're about half as likely to transmit the virus if upholding the 2m distance rule although it hasn't been conclusively proven yet, the vaccines haven't been out long enough and each one has different rates of effectiveness. They're produced by different private companies who are all competing with one another (money/shares).

If you're in close contact (under two metres) or most likely immediate physical contact in regards to the nature of this site you're still highly likely to spread it to whomever you're with vaccine or not.

And now there's the reportedly worse delta variant that's on it's way... which the current vaccines are useless against

I'm heading to the hills."

In your opinion.

Glasgow

We’re willing to share our vaccination confirmations with people we’re looking at meeting. We’d hope they’ll do the same. If not, then fair play, but we’ll politely decline any meets. We’d rather massively shrink the pool of people we might meet with than risk the health of ourselves and others. "

I was just curious no judgement here as its each to their own x

We’re willing to share our vaccination confirmations with people we’re looking at meeting. We’d hope they’ll do the same. If not, then fair play, but we’ll politely decline any meets. We’d rather massively shrink the pool of people we might meet with than risk the health of ourselves and others.

We would be more inclined to be asking them for proof of no sti's / std's "

Which we’re also happy to share.

Glasgow

"Wow this post made for interesting reading.... I'm double vaccinated have been for a while, mainly due to my job! But previous to vaccination I did the blood test for antibodies that was to show if you've had covid previously I did this twice and both times it came back positive yet I had no symptoms at all. The vaccine only helps protect against the affect if you catch covid not the spread of it and tbh if it wasn't for work I would have possibly not taken it. X I think in an ideal world we all would have avoided it . I think the conversation morphed into lifestyle and the moral issue of limiting the likelihood of passing onto those more vulnerable ….hence the reason you are double jabbed

But you can still catch and pass it on even if you are double jagged. My gran caught it and was doubled jagged its not a full proof way of stopping it. Especially when we are getting all these different strains there is no way we are covered for these new strains we knew nothing about xThis is true but if by being vaccinated stops people from becoming really sick if they then catch it then that takes the strain of the NHS as less people will need to be hospitalise "

This is true. Unless like my gran you catch it in the hospital when you were in for an op x

But you can still catch and pass it on even if you are double jagged. My gran caught it and was doubled jagged its not a full proof way of stopping it. Especially when we are getting all these different strains there is no way we are covered for these new strains we knew nothing about xThis is true but if by being vaccinated stops people from becoming really sick if they then catch it then that takes the strain of the NHS as less people will need to be hospitalise

This is true. Unless like my gran you catch it in the hospital when you were in for an op x"

Yeah this is true and heard this too

Edinburgh

We would be more inclined to be asking them for proof of no sti's / std's

Which we’re also happy to share. "

Surely we are responsible for our own health firstly...

Don't remember folk in the past having undue care and attention for others when they had the cold or flu...passing it on... jeez folk used to have parties for chicken pox.

Smokers in pubs and clubs, in cars with children? We could go on and on at the hypocrasy lol

The testimonies of those double jabbed patients who Contracted CoVid is generally they’d have been dead without it , if it saves a small percentage of families being devestated it’ll be fine in my book. I lost an aquaintance who’s oldest kid passed it into him. That boy has borderline PTSD of “killing” his dad. Basically it’s a choice yeah. But your choice doesn’t just affect you

Had both jabs 0 side effects what so ever

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 15:42:13]

"The testimonies of those double jabbed patients who Contracted CoVid is generally they’d have been dead without it , if it saves a small percentage of families being devestated it’ll be fine in my book. I lost an aquaintance who’s oldest kid passed it into him. That boy has borderline PTSD of “killing” his dad. Basically it’s a choice yeah. But your choice doesn’t just affect you "
Poor lad !

By *inkycarolineTV/TS  over a year ago

Kilwinning

Had both jabs now, no brainer really.

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 15:53:33]

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

As you've proven in the rest of the thread, you have very limited understand of vaccines, what they do and how they work.

Death is not the only bad outcome from covid, you can be left with long term, possibly permanent disabilities, this has been proven, there is no indication that the vaccines will cause any long term issues, yet you'll take a risk on something (long covid) that's been proven, over something that's just a 'might happen'?

Logic.

yes me not cos im anti vax but don't feel its been tested enough and safe do not for me

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it ."

You can survive but get long covid and problems with liver/ kidneys and lungs so it seems

so how do you know you a scientist doctor or psychic zzzzzzz

"The testimonies of those double jabbed patients who Contracted CoVid is generally they’d have been dead without it , if it saves a small percentage of families being devestated it’ll be fine in my book. I lost an aquaintance who’s oldest kid passed it into him. That boy has borderline PTSD of “killing” his dad. Basically it’s a choice yeah. But your choice doesn’t just affect you "

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"Just out of curiosity is there anyone else who's not getting the covid jab?? yes me not cos im anti vax but don't feel its been tested enough and safe do not for me"

There are plenty of stories of unvaccinated patients ending up in ICU and all wished they had taken the vaccine. It is your choice.

There is a huge difference between being a scientist or a doctor and being someone who has become an expert by watching You Tube in their pants.

I have had both doses and feel protected ish. The ish is because so many people still can’t be bothered to protect me.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can I remind people that you can't attack other users when posting.

By *aximumperversionMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

Definitely not having it.Call me stupid,cold,selfish etc.Let’s see how this thread ages in 2-3 years.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it .

You can survive but get long covid and problems with liver/ kidneys and lungs so it seems"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57840825

Nationwide

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 17:27:21]

"There is a huge difference between being a scientist or a doctor and being someone who has become an expert by watching You Tube in their pants.

I have had both doses and feel protected ish. The ish is because so many people still can’t be bothered to protect me. "

The "experts" are never wrong? Never biased or bribed?

Even after both jabs you feel protected-ish? I'm vaccinated now and don't feel any less safe than I did before but I don't believe the lies and fear mongering of governments, experts and MSM.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yeah same here, we aren't taking up the vaccine..."

Same here. I wont have it

It's depressing knowing most of fab didn't pay attention in Maths and Biology classes

Nationwide

"There is a huge difference between being a scientist or a doctor and being someone who has become an expert by watching You Tube in their pants.

I have had both doses and feel protected ish. The ish is because so many people still can’t be bothered to protect me.

Even after both jabs you feel protected-ish? I'm vaccinated now and don't feel any less safe than I did before but I don't believe the lies and fear mongering of governments, experts and MSM. "

Well said,it should be personal choice whether you have it or not.the media is the virus

The vaccine simply triggers a cell to produce a harmless protein unique to Coronavirus, which leads to antibodies, that’s it. so how do you know you a scientist doctor or psychic zzzzzzz"

Funny how the goalposts are moved when people are presented with factual information.

Don't need to be a scientist to believe anti vaxers tho right

Even after both jabs you feel protected-ish? I'm vaccinated now and don't feel any less safe than I did before but I don't believe the lies and fear mongering of governments, experts and MSM. "

Why would they be bribed? What do they have to gain other than losing their reputation?

Do you really think that 100s of 1000s of members of the medical profession around the world have colluded perfectly to decieve the entire planet?

By *ystic DWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Had both my jabs in Jan and Feb.

Caught covid 4 weeks ago. Still poorly but jabs prevented me from being in hospital so happy with my decision

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

No vaccine no meets or clubs or going abroad on holiday, your life but the fittest of people can get it and die ,in the end your life ..but don't moan on here if you do get ..

Nationwide

Even after both jabs you feel protected-ish? I'm vaccinated now and don't feel any less safe than I did before but I don't believe the lies and fear mongering of governments, experts and MSM.

Why would they be bribed? What do they have to gain other than losing their reputation?

Do you really think that 100s of 1000s of members of the medical profession around the world have colluded perfectly to decieve the entire planet?"

Yes

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"It's depressing knowing most of fab didn't pay attention in Maths and Biology classes "

To be fair, as long as you can add, subtract and have a rough idea about the birds and bees, what else is there to know about...

Do you really think that 100s of 1000s of members of the medical profession around the world have colluded perfectly to decieve the entire planet?"

There is monetary gain, influence and fame. If you don't know, there have been many corporations and individuals that have profited massively from the covid lockdowns and the fear that has been generated in the masses.

If you can't see that then I suggest you and many others of fab broaden their view of the world. The government don't care about your wellbeing beyond their ability to tax you. The MSM care even less. To them you are just a click on a website or a vessel to carry their malignant propaganda.

I have no issue with people not having the jab. I know lots of people that haven't. But I need it for my job.

But I won't meet anyone that hasn't been jabbed.

Do you really think that 100s of 1000s of members of the medical profession around the world have colluded perfectly to decieve the entire planet?

Yes"

Absolutely the corruption and the lies and wide-spread. What benefits the 1% isn't going to benefit the average individual.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it and I don't feel the vaccines have been properly tested from what research I have done. We won't see the real results (or possibly consequences) until 5-10 years from now, all seems a bit much imo."

Not properly tested? I assume that you're not experienced in scientific and health research, as you can't identify any research that's not been thoroughly researched. With hundreds of thousands of research participants around the world, these vaccines are perhaps the most extensively researched in world history. With billions of vaccinations given, to the most diverse range of people ever, nothing has been under such intensive detailed scrutiny.

It's largely an individual choice but stating research without having given anything but not waiting for years, when the actual research evidence has acquired more thorough evidence than those projects that crawled at snails pace, that you would have presumably taken without thought, suggests deficits in thinking. You're presumably happy to gain any and all benefits from society recovering, whilst others take the risks that you might guess at but do nothing yourself

Not properly tested? I assume that you're not experienced in scientific and health research, as you can't identify any research that's not been thoroughly researched. With hundreds of thousands of research participants around the world, these vaccines are perhaps the most extensively researched in world history. With billions of vaccinations given, to the most diverse range of people ever, nothing has been under such intensive detailed scrutiny.

It's largely an individual choice but stating research without having given anything but not waiting for years, when the actual research evidence has acquired more thorough evidence than those projects that crawled at snails pace, that you would have presumably taken without thought, suggests deficits in thinking. You're presumably happy to gain any and all benefits from society recovering, whilst others take the risks that you might guess at but do nothing yourself"

You have a deficit of critical thought. Blindly believe everything they tell you and be a good citizen while they strip away your rights.

Central

"Sure, I just don't feel I need it tbh, there's a 99.5% survival rate if you catch it .

You can survive but get long covid and problems with liver/ kidneys and lungs so it seems"

The virus can cause organ damage and failure to our hearts, lungs, kidneys and more, as well as to our brains. Those affected with such damage will then not be as fortunate, when future problems attack their vital systems - but covid could have been the original cause of damage that ultimately led to a tjem being unable to live.

Long Covid has over 200 symptoms, which may continue for years, perhaps for life. Those wanting to opt for such an existence and to feel successful for it, winning against the MSM or other bogeymen, perhaps could contemplate how living like that might feel.

Central

It's largely an individual choice but stating research without having given anything but not waiting for years, when the actual research evidence has acquired more thorough evidence than those projects that crawled at snails pace, that you would have presumably taken without thought, suggests deficits in thinking. You're presumably happy to gain any and all benefits from society recovering, whilst others take the risks that you might guess at but do nothing yourself

You have a deficit of critical thought. Blindly believe everything they tell you and be a good citizen while they strip away your rights. "

Except I work in health research and use critical thinking quite extensively. We don't need to criticise each other to explain our thoughts, it's unwelcome

"

You have a deficit of critical thought. Blindly believe everything they tell you and be a good citizen while they strip away your rights. "

Your "prove me wrong" posts indicate that perhaps you're not capable of evaluating data, and watching videos on YouTube doesn't make you a free thinker. You've gone full Dunning-Kruger.

"

You have a deficit of critical thought. Blindly believe everything they tell you and be a good citizen while they strip away your rights.

Your "prove me wrong" posts indicate that perhaps you're not capable of evaluating data, and watching videos on YouTube doesn't make you a free thinker. You've gone full Dunning-Kruger. "

Thank you for assuming your are more intelligent than me. It seems like you are the example of the Dunning-Krueger effect.

"

Your "prove me wrong" posts indicate that perhaps you're not capable of evaluating data, and watching videos on YouTube doesn't make you a free thinker. You've gone full Dunning-Kruger.

Thank you for assuming your are more intelligent than me. It seems like you are the example of the Dunning-Krueger effect. "

My main point is to get people to question the narrative. It seems lost on most but it's worth a try.

"I sense that a lot of younger people don't want vaccinated. I myself am double jabbed now simply because I want to keep myself and family safe. My parents are in their 80's and were one of the first to be vaccinated. Plus if people want to go abroad and are asked for ID of their vaccination but you can't give it then the likelihood is that you may not be allowed into the country x

The thought of cov.id passports makes me more sceptical of it all if I'm honest. With the survival rate as high as it is and the vaccine roll-out basically being a global clinical trial given the speed they were rushed out at it does make one ponder. "

It wasn’t rushed. It went through all the normal tests vaccine go through, but it was fully funded so it was quicker, compared to others which have funding delays etc

By *aughty k1ttenTV/TS  over a year ago

Coventry

Come the 19th we will see the selfish without their masks to hide behind

By *omfilthMan  over a year ago

brockworth

"Come the 19th we will see the selfish without their masks to hide behind "

Won’t have to wait till the 19th, mines gone

By *eet The FlintstonesCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Maybe if all you people got the virus, spent 4 months feeling like crap and feeling some days you were gonna die. Hell if there was a jab to stop you dying from cancer, I just wondered how many people would take that.

"Maybe if all you people got the virus, spent 4 months feeling like crap and feeling some days you were gonna die. Hell if there was a jab to stop you dying from cancer, I just wondered how many people would take that. "

Stop living in a fantasy world. That's not how covid works and people will still have free will. The government is the most culpable in all of this but if we elect the other guys it changes nothing. It's a genetically engineered virus that we don't have the will to just lockdown and wait for it to disappear. Look how well that worked for Australia. They still have cases at a minimum yet their fucked up government is bleeding them dry with lockdowns. Stop being so scared of this virus and stand up for yourselves for fucks sake.

Southampton

Just get it and see

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"A large proportion of us would be dead without vaccination. Trust science, not you tube. "

Keep it to the thread!

"Just get it and see "

I've had it. Most of my family have had it and the only one of us to die was already in the hospital dying of cancer. Sanctimonious comments like that mean nothing to me. I understand what it's like to lose family before their time but life must go on.

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 19:12:12]

"Maybe if all you people got the virus, spent 4 months feeling like crap and feeling some days you were gonna die. Hell if there was a jab to stop you dying from cancer, I just wondered how many people would take that.

Stop living in a fantasy world. That's not how covid works and people will still have free will. The government is the most culpable in all of this but if we elect the other guys it changes nothing. It's a genetically engineered virus that we don't have the will to just lockdown and wait for it to disappear. Look how well that worked for Australia. They still have cases at a minimum yet their fucked up government is bleeding them dry with lockdowns. Stop being so scared of this virus and stand up for yourselves for fucks sake. "

Absutely

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Just get it and see

I've had it. Most of my family have had it and the only one of us to die was already in the hospital dying of cancer. Sanctimonious comments like that mean nothing to me. I understand what it's like to lose family before their time but life must go on. "

Death isn't the only negative outcome from contracting Covid.

Regardless of whether you've suffered loss or not, your comment was incredibly insensitive.

E

Southampton

That's great that you survived it and good that your family survived but there are families out there that this virus destroyed. As of next week what you want will happen, life will go back to normal but we all know people will die of this but yep freedom

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I wonder just how many of these I’m not getting the jab threads do we have to suffer

The thought of cov.id passports makes me more sceptical of it all if I'm honest. With the survival rate as high as it is and the vaccine roll-out basically being a global clinical trial given the speed they were rushed out at it does make one ponder.

It wasn’t rushed. It went through all the normal tests vaccine go through, but it was fully funded so it was quicker, compared to others which have funding delays etc"

Is that why they have been made exempt from all liabilities?

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 19:20:21]

The South

It wasn’t rushed. It went through all the normal tests vaccine go through, but it was fully funded so it was quicker, compared to others which have funding delays etc

Is that why they have been made exempt from all liabilities? "

All pharmaceutical companies are exempt from liability.

Including the ones who make every off the shelf medicine and every prescription medicine.

That's been pointed out every single time someone makes that claim.

E

Coventry

"Come the 19th we will see the selfish without their masks to hide behind

Won’t have to wait till the 19th, mines gone"

. Prepere to be the smoker on the non smoking bus

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

When I see posts like this it gets me really frustrated for 2 reasons….

1) it shows a lack of understanding of the purpose of what the vaccine was designed to do… it’s not to prevent deaths (although that just happens to be a secondary conclusion) it is to mitigate the seriousness of the illness you get from getting covid bad enough to put you in hospital … so a better way of looking at it would be to look at the hospitalisation figures and see how many of those have been jabbed as opposed to not jabbed!

2) survival rate does NOT mean full recovery… the amount of stories I have heard from people now having long covid issues both personally and from people on here have been jarring…..

The South

When I see posts like this it gets me really frustrated for 2 reasons….

1) it shows a lack of understanding of the purpose of what the vaccine was designed to do… it’s not to prevent deaths (although that just happens to be a secondary conclusion) it is to mitigate the seriousness of the illness you get from getting covid bad enough to put you in hospital … so a better way of looking at it would be to look at the hospitalisation figures and see how many of those have been jabbed as opposed to not jabbed!

2) survival rate does NOT mean full recovery… the amount of stories I have heard from people now having long covid issues both personally and from people on here have been jarring….."

This. ^^^^

E

But the Government also said that a negative test or proof that you have recovered from Covid would also be acceptable as part of your Covid passport... have we all forgotten about these other 2 important factors ?

My mentality has been if you’ve been offered an option to defend yourself and you haven’t took it and something happens in winter and you end up seriously ill in hospital and you’ve refused any vaccinations, then whose fault is it for the predicament you’re in, yours. It’s more about protecting others, not your own well being.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I wonder just how many of these I’m not getting the jab threads do we have to suffer

"

You don't. To avoid the thread you just don't open the ones that the title is self explanatory

That’s what we thought until my father got his second AZ jab took a reaction and died 3 days later.., my Mum also took Covid but hadn’t yet been vaccinated and is still with us thankfully..., everyone’s scenario and appreciation of this is completely different, we now believe that a lot more caution should be taken around the safety of these vaccines!!

Yip let’s watch the science over the next 5 -20 years to see the real safety data being produced in the future...

By *opperman666Man  over a year ago

east grinstead

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 19:42:37]

By *opperman666Man  over a year ago

east grinstead

Completely agree with this.

Imagine being at a wedding, 100 people. All get infected. Only 83% get to go home in one piece. 17 of them are picked out not to recover.

If you can have an affect on the 17 surviving, I'd like to think we'd do it.

Two jabs, thoroughly researched (based on the SARS virus thats been around for decades, of which Covid 19 is a variant of), to protect from the worst of the symptoms, to stop people dying I'm already double jabbed.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's amazing how often I see this 99.5% survival rate used to justify not taking the vaccine. Consider this, would you do any of the following if you knew your chances of survival were 99.5% -

Cross the road

Go on a plane

Drive a car

99.5% may sound like good odds but when it come to life and death, it really isn't."

Actually that’s a fair point…. If you got on a plane knowing the 1 in every 200 would crash… would you???

I was recently in hospital and my consultant confirmed that as after having covid many people were suffering from breathing difficulties and blood clots on the lungs.

I believe I had covid not last Nov but the November before. I am unable to smell certain aromas.

I had heart failure af and 6 blood clots on my lungs but no markers for covid in my blood but no one knows how long they stay in your blood.

I've seen some friends have negative reactions to the jabs including a coma for 3 months.

So my stance is if you want the jab go ahead and have it if you don't then don't.

There's enough hate in the world turning on each other it is not the answer.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It is not true that the vaccines have not been properly tested.

What's your 'research', conspiracy theory YouTube videos, by any chance?

Meanwhile, long covid is a thing. Even if the survival rate was 100%, I'd take a vaccine to avoid the awful long term effects some people are having.

By *xploring123Couple  over a year ago

Maidstone

Just a thought. Covid seems to be very ‘hit and miss’ depending on age, fitness etc… but, if you were locked in a room with 99 other people and the odds were 1 in 100 will suffer serious long term health problems, would you chance it?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Just a thought. Covid seems to be very ‘hit and miss’ depending on age, fitness etc… but, if you were locked in a room with 99 other people and the odds were 1 in 100 will suffer serious long term health problems, would you chance it? "

What is the benefit from getting locked in the room ?

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

I’ve had both of mine and happy to do my bit to help

By *hestyDrawWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

…or in general, apparently.

What..?

Logic?

In the virus forums?!

Never

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Cheerfully vaccinating folk at the Golf Open today, so many more coming forward than we expected, the news about the effects on the young and unvaccinated and the want for holidays, we don't care what the motivation, have it for the protection it affords

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

Good luck. You will probably need it.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Have had both jabs so come monday the mask is history,time to take the leap and see if it does what it says,as for all those trying to bully people into taking the jab your just as bad as the anti vaxxers trying to make people not take it in my opinion,if i was younger im not sure id be rushing to get it either

By *xploring123Couple  over a year ago

Maidstone

I guess it depends on the venue ?? on a serious note, it’s still a free Country (just, whoever thought a few months ago we would live through lockdown rules like this) and I’m not here to judge. But, I am double vaccinated- one less thing….

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Have had both jabs so come monday the mask is history,time to take the leap and see if it does what it says,as for all those trying to bully people into taking the jab your just as bad as the anti vaxxers trying to make people not take it in my opinion,if i was younger im not sure id be rushing to get it either"

I don’t see how using and disputing fact is seen as bullying… I think if people are using sources in their argument people are allowed to correct them

Dudley

"Have had both jabs so come monday the mask is history,time to take the leap and see if it does what it says,as for all those trying to bully people into taking the jab your just as bad as the anti vaxxers trying to make people not take it in my opinion,if i was younger im not sure id be rushing to get it either

I don’t see how using and disputing fact is seen as bullying… I think if people are using sources in their argument people are allowed to correct them "

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

We aren’t currently planning on getting it.

"I sense that a lot of younger people don't want vaccinated. I myself am double jabbed now simply because I want to keep myself and family safe. My parents are in their 80's and were one of the first to be vaccinated. Plus if people want to go abroad and are asked for ID of their vaccination but you can't give it then the likelihood is that you may not be allowed into the country x "

The uptake rate for the under 30's is actually quite high.

Thousands of people have had it but ultimately it is your choice x"

I'm fact 3.6 billion doses have been administered globally.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"So do we believe all of what we are told by Scientists and Governments; do we think that there is a degree of selling here?

"

Just hope you don't ever pick up TB then, it has been making a comeback over the last 20 years or so, versions that are now resistant to the antibiotics.

My dad got TB in his early 20's, and was within a couple of days of dying when the doctors asked if he would take part in a trial. "We've got this new thing called an antibiotic, it might help or it might just kill you. But if you don't take the chance you'll be dead in a day or two anyway". Luckily he took the chance on it, otherwise I'd never have been born a few years later... And nearly 70 years after taking those experimental pills, dad is still okay as well.

I'm not sure I'd fancy being the first guinea-pig for a brand new treatment, but when it's been given to a few hundred million before me, with fewer complications than something like viagra, I was happy to take the covid jab. Especially if it reduces any chance of me taking covid into dad's house. He took experimental stuff so I could be born, so I'd feel fucking awful if I ended up killing him because I wouldn't take a tiny chance with something that millions had done before me.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

I've not had any. Not particularly interested if I'm honest

Oh my… that is not how vaccines work, yes they do contain an innate sample of material taken from the virus in order to teach the cell to develop the (harmless) protein, but a further feature of mRNA technology is that the cell immediately destroys the genetic material from the vaccine, it’s impossible for it not to. And, the sample used is taken from a version that is impossible to infect humans, that’s exactly why a vaccine does not stop you catching the infection, it simply gives your body all the information it needs to to deal with it.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/safety-and-side-effects/

I'll take my chances. "

In that case please sign a disclosure form stating if and when you do catch it heavens forbid you will not require any medical aid because as you say you don't need it.

Just get a vaccine. It protects you and others.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

"Just get a vaccine. It protects you and others.

"

no

Dudley

"Just get a vaccine. It protects you and others.

no "

Don't then

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

I have taken part in clinical trails . Some may say very different from covid etc. I suffer from acute hay fever from age 5 . When in my teens and with parents consent . First had vaccinations for three years . From around February until September. Year four was told no more . This due to bad side effects . So trail stopped . I had none and no hay fever those years. Second was tablets . Which I am still taking. But now have to buy as doctors will not prescribe. Due to cost.

I did try other tablets for a time. Yet I had very bad allergic reaction with brand. They gave me a muscle spasm ? Which in turn I “passed “ out. Once “awake”

Had severe chest pains. Ambulance called and taken to hospital. “ blue lights”

Informed either had angina attack or heart attack.

Released from hospital as neither . Tablets had caused “ muscle spasm “ across chest . Heart stopped for split second in time . Thus looked like angina or heart attack. Doctors at surgery said could give another type tablet , yet may cause same reaction. Yet due to cost would not give me one which had been taken in clinical trails for years with no side effects. So now buy clinical trail tablets .

By *issusWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

I'll take my chances.

In that case please sign a disclosure form stating if and when you do catch it heavens forbid you will not require any medical aid because as you say you don't need it. "

In that case as a smoker you should also sign a disclosure that if you ever get a lung cancer heavens forbid you will not require any medical aid because you choose to smoke.

Or do you?

Belfast

I'll take my chances.

In that case please sign a disclosure form stating if and when you do catch it heavens forbid you will not require any medical aid because as you say you don't need it.

In that case as a smoker you should also sign a disclosure that if you ever get a lung cancer heavens forbid you will not require any medical aid because you choose to smoke.

Or do you? "

Or you should maybe stop telling people online what to do with their own bodies and everyone will be happy

There's a real problem with the whole "it's my body" argument when it comes to vaccines.

For other things, absolutely it should be entirely a personal choice what anybody does with their own body.

But when it comes to vaccines, by getting one you actually protect others in addition to yourself. So you're not just getting a vaccine for you. You're also getting it for your friends, for your family and for anybody you bump into when out and about.

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit.

Belfast

"There's a real problem with the whole "it's my body" argument when it comes to vaccines.

For other things, absolutely it should be entirely a personal choice what anybody does with their own body.

But when it comes to vaccines, by getting one you actually protect others in addition to yourself. So you're not just getting a vaccine for you. You're also getting it for your friends, for your family and for anybody you bump into when out and about.

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit."

If my granny is double vaxxed, my other family who have any health issues are double vaxed, strangers in the street who are vulnerable or obese are double vaxed - all of those people are protected from developing any strong adverse reactions from a virus that I most likely don't even have.

Responsible thing to do is make your own choices about what you put in to your body and stay home when you're sick.

Irresponsible thing to do is guilt trip strangers online into potential depression/overdose/suicide.

Being vaxxed doesn't stop you from getting nor spreading it. In many cases it's giving people false security and makes them feel invincible, so your argument is invalid on that point.

"There's a real problem with the whole "it's my body" argument when it comes to vaccines.

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit.

If my granny is double vaxxed, my other family who have any health issues are double vaxed, strangers in the street who are vulnerable or obese are double vaxed - all of those people are protected from developing any strong adverse reactions from a virus that I most likely don't even have.

Responsible thing to do is make your own choices about what you put in to your body and stay home when you're sick.

Irresponsible thing to do is guilt trip strangers online into potential depression/overdose/suicide.

Being vaxxed doesn't stop you from getting nor spreading it. In many cases it's giving people false security and makes them feel invincible, so your argument is invalid on that point.

"

The responsible thing is for everybody who can get a vaccine to get a vaccine. It's really that simple.

If you have any concerns, simply read up about vaccines on the NHS. There's no need to be stressed out about this.

Belfast

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit."

Also you're forgetting this is global. Every single country in this world has it. Bullying some Susan who lives 30 miles away will not stop any variants occurring globally. Even if every single adult and a child and a baby and their cats and dogs will get six jabs there's no guarantee that they won't bring another sixteen variants which vaccines won't tackle from their holidays abroad.

Bigger picture man. Just look at the bigger picture. Me, you, Susan, nhs, UK - aren't the centre of the world.

Good night

Belfast

The responsible thing is for everybody who can get a vaccine to get a vaccine. It's really that simple.

If you have any concerns, simply read up about vaccines on the NHS. There's no need to be stressed out about this.

"

Responsible thing to do is be kind to everyone and learn to live with it.

Dudley

"

You're forgetting the kids that are suffering with long covid, the unvaccinated are far more likely to pass it onto their children, I would hate myself if I refused the vaccines based on shitty excuses and gave my child covid.

You might think having a vaccine isn't right for you personally, but what about the people your choice might affect?

It's all well and good having free choice, but sometimes free choice has a cost.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"

Irresponsible thing to do is guilt trip strangers online into potential depression/overdose/suicide. "

I don't think that anyone is trying to guilt trip anyone into those potential outcomes by stating the benefits of vaccination, personaly I think they are the more likely outcomes of some of the misinformation and scaremongering that has been spread through social media by anti vaccine groups with their own agenders, I can tell you from the point of view of someone that suffers with depression that the main thing that is making mine worse is the fact that the longer these groups feed their crap that the vaccines are bad and dangerous to those that will believe it the longer we are going to be stuck in this shitty cycle of virus outbreaks and restrictions that stop me from seeing the people I love and care about. All of the people crying that their freedom to choose to do this that and the other is being suppressed can have all the freedom they want once we all work together as best we can to get this world wide virus pandemic under control and to manageable levels of infection.

"

I don't think that anyone is trying to guilt trip anyone into those potential outcomes by stating the benefits of vaccination, personaly I think they are the more likely outcomes of some of the misinformation and scaremongering that has been spread through social media by anti vaccine groups with their own agenders, I can tell you from the point of view of someone that suffers with depression that the main thing that is making mine worse is the fact that the longer these groups feed their crap that the vaccines are bad and dangerous to those that will believe it the longer we are going to be stuck in this shitty cycle of virus outbreaks and restrictions that stop me from seeing the people I love and care about. All of the people crying that their freedom to choose to do this that and the other is being suppressed can have all the freedom they want once we all work together as best we can to get this world wide virus pandemic under control and to manageable levels of infection."

Yup. This.

Vaccines benefit us all. They benefit society. They benefit the whole world.

Certain social media misinformation and confusion is incredibly damaging to the large scale vaccination we all need now more than ever in our lifetimes.

If anybody is uncertain about vaccination after readin so many contradictory things, please read up on why vaccinations are so important and how they work from a trusted source. Not social media.

Everyone has gone mental!! People have the choice to exercise their personal rights. If you want to have the vaccine...great! If you don't, and you understand that you're a normal, healthy individual that can easily deal with this pesky virus, don't have it!!!

Why do I need the vaccine?

Do I get a flu vaccine every year?

People need to "Calm down Winston" FFS!

The real issue people should be discussing is as follows.

Everyone is desperate to get back to "pre-covid" life which is flipping mental!

No one wants to look at the lessons learned from how well we coped with it. All the measures, the changes to how life and businesses have continued! It has proven, without question the reduction in travel has shown how much it has reduced our carbon footprints and global warming!!

Stop thinking about ourselves, and look to the future and our children!!!

Absolutely bores me to tears listening to the same old complaints....OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE FFS!!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Also you're forgetting this is global. Every single country in this world has it. Bullying some Susan who lives 30 miles away will not stop any variants occurring globally.

"

If everyone in the globe are doing what they can to help each other out to get out of this mess ,it will hopefully help all the Susans here and globally though.