FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > France on the red

France on the red

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andare63 OP   Man  over a year ago

oldham

I'm off to Greece next Friday. This hasn't instilled me with confidence. Has anyone else took the plunge and booked a foreign holiday?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm off to Greece next Friday. This hasn't instilled me with confidence. Has anyone else took the plunge and booked a foreign holiday? "

France isn't on the Red list, though.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I'm off to Greece next Friday. This hasn't instilled me with confidence. Has anyone else took the plunge and booked a foreign holiday? "

No France isn't on the red list, but it goes to show how quickly things can change and travellers have to be prepared for that. Good luck

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Makes no difference if you’re getting a one-way ticket.

Can go crimson or scarlet for all I care.

chelmsford

"Makes no difference if you’re getting a one-way ticket.

Can go crimson or scarlet for all I care. "

Haha!

Isn’t Greece on Green? I mean it could go amber at any time but at least it’s unlikely to go red (which is the most annoying cos the hotel quarantine is expensive)

chelmsford

"I'm off to Greece next Friday. This hasn't instilled me with confidence. Has anyone else took the plunge and booked a foreign holiday?

Isn’t Greece on Green? I mean it could go amber at any time but at least it’s unlikely to go red (which is the most annoying cos the hotel quarantine is expensive)"

No Greece is on the amber list..

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Going to Greece?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/no-vaccines-no-dinner-indoor-greek-restaurants-accept-only-inoculated-customers-2021-07-16/

chelmsford

"Going to Greece?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/no-vaccines-no-dinner-indoor-greek-restaurants-accept-only-inoculated-customers-2021-07-16/

"

Not great is it?

Who would want to go France anyway, they treat us with contempt

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"Who would want to go France anyway, they treat us with contempt "

Really? Not in my experience.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Anyone booking a trip abroad should be prepared for sudden changes we are in a world wide pandemic

here

"Going to Greece?

Not great is it? "

Especially if unaware of this regulation.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not got anything booked until the end of the year, which could still have problems. I hope everyone manages to keep healthy and that changes aren't too disruptive to your plans.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Who would want to go France anyway, they treat us with contempt

Really? Not in my experience. "

Same here. Extraordinarily helpful and friendly on my regular trips there (pre-covid).

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

"Going to Greece?

"

Who Eats indoor in Greece anyway!

I have a booking for August in Greece as well and praying I will be able to travel, enjoy your holiday X

In 40 years of holidaying in France I tend to find they reciprocate the way you treat them.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We love France and have pretty much covered the whole country...plus of course there's Cap D'agde

With that sort of attitude, it's no wonder you get treated with contempt!

By *ustustwo.1965Couple  over a year ago

Definitely not the case.

The French are very friendly and accepting of others. In fact, far more than we find here.

Mind, we always say if you are a guest in another country, how you are treated normal reflects how you behave.

We flew yesterday to Mexico with BA. Heathrow T5 had 17,000 people through it (think before COVID numbers were around 60,000). Flight was great, wasn’t asked to wear a mask once. Mexico entry was fine

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I'm off to Greece next Friday. This hasn't instilled me with confidence. Has anyone else took the plunge and booked a foreign holiday?

We flew yesterday to Mexico with BA. Heathrow T5 had 17,000 people through it (think before COVID numbers were around 60,000). Flight was great, wasn’t asked to wear a mask once. Mexico entry was fine"

not even on the flight?

here

"Going to Greece?

Who Eats indoor in Greece anyway! "

People who want a break from the sun and the heat

We flew yesterday to Mexico with BA. Heathrow T5 had 17,000 people through it (think before COVID numbers were around 60,000). Flight was great, wasn’t asked to wear a mask once. Mexico entry was fine not even on the flight? "

Wore it in the terminal when shopping. But not in lounge cos was eating/drinking. But yeah didn’t wear it on flight. Two of the pilots sat behind us and at the end when they got up and changed into their shirts and ties they didn’t even have on

Greece as well in 3 weeks. We will all be OK.

"Going to Greece?

Not great is it? "

It is OK if you have been double jabbed and have the NHS app to prove it which we both have so no problems at all. Really looking forward to. It.

chelmsford

"Going to Greece?

Who Eats indoor in Greece anyway! "

It is nice to eat out, I agree, but some tavernas, in San Stefanos only have indoor eating, what I've been reading is that if they have a roof and open sides, they are still classing it as indoor..

"Going to Greece?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/no-vaccines-no-dinner-indoor-greek-restaurants-accept-only-inoculated-customers-2021-07-1

You should not be going on holiday unless you have been double jabbed.

Not great is it?

Especially if unaware of this regulation.

"

chelmsford

"Going to Greece?

Not great is it?

It is OK if you have been double jabbed and have the NHS app to prove it which we both have so no problems at all. Really looking forward to. It. "

Quite right, but not everyone has been double jabbed, especially younger people.

With that sort of attitude, it's no wonder you get treated with contempt!"

I am surprised that you have not mentioned that they have always been our sworn enemy up until modern times.

With that sort of attitude, it's no wonder you get treated with contempt!"

Also it depends what part. They still love the brits on the North Coast due to the war days. We have had some amazing times with them in that part. Can't do enough for us. Free accomadation. Food and wine etc.

"Going to Greece?

Then they don't go. Simple as that. It's not rocket science.

Not great is it?

It is OK if you have been double jabbed and have the NHS app to prove it which we both have so no problems at all. Really looking forward to. It.

Quite right, but not everyone has been double jabbed, especially younger people."

oldham

If there's one thing all this has taught me. It's to seize the day if allowed. I definately heard it on the Radio this morning that France was going back to Red

oldham

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 14:12:05]

chelmsford

Quote:-

Then they don't go. Simple as that. It's not rocket science

That's a little unfair on young families..and there are some people who can't be vaccinated. I would agree if people refuse to be vaccinated, there should be restrictions for them.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

You just have to hope Greece doesn’t turn red whilst you are there!

chelmsford

You just have to hope Greece doesn’t turn red whilst you are there! "

Hmmm....let's hope it doesn't..I only follow Corfu, that's where we go..last week their isolation hotel was full with tourists, who tested positive and their contacts.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We booked to go to Mallorca last minute, travelled on 2nd July and came back on 10th. I'm a wheelchair user and require assistance to board and disembark and we were astonished at how smoothly both flights were. We deliberately went to the back end of beyond, away from civilisation and the tourist hoardes and had an absolute blast. Was very unhappy to return last Saturday.

Currently trying to replicate it in the Costa del Back Garden but it's just not the same

chelmsford

We booked to go to Mallorca last minute, travelled on 2nd July and came back on 10th. I'm a wheelchair user and require assistance to board and disembark and we were astonished at how smoothly both flights were. We deliberately went to the back end of beyond, away from civilisation and the tourist hoardes and had an absolute blast. Was very unhappy to return last Saturday.

Currently trying to replicate it in the Costa del Back Garden but it's just not the same "

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 17:04:48]

North West

Currently trying to replicate it in the Costa del Back Garden but it's just not the same

"

I'm in my swimsuit, loads of factor 50 on, Mr KC sprayed me with the hosepipe, but it's just not quite right

chelmsford

I'm in my swimsuit, loads of factor 50 on, Mr KC sprayed me with the hosepipe, but it's just not quite right "

Haha! not quite the same, lovely, but the weather is beautiful x

France on the red....Do you think they are especially grumpy and have mood swings.

oldham

Currently trying to replicate it in the Costa del Back Garden but it's just not the same "

I know exactly what you mean

North West

I know exactly what you mean "

We were the only people in our (very small) hotel for the majority of the stay, it was in a tiny village on a hill; we only ate out once (on the last lunchtime), instead taking packed lunches to the beach/adventures and we only visited quiet sites of interest etc. Basically, our chances of coming into contact with Covid were restricted to two trips to the supermarket and the airport/flights. Honestly, I felt much safer in Covid terms over there than in the very urban environment I live in here.

I think it's worth the 10 day isolation if you are able to do that.

"Anyone booking a trip abroad should be prepared for sudden changes we are in a world wide pandemic "

I agree with this.

We flew yesterday to Mexico with BA. Heathrow T5 had 17,000 people through it (think before COVID numbers were around 60,000). Flight was great, wasn’t asked to wear a mask once. Mexico entry was fine"

It is mandatory on every BA flight to wear a face covering.

We flew yesterday to Mexico with BA. Heathrow T5 had 17,000 people through it (think before COVID numbers were around 60,000). Flight was great, wasn’t asked to wear a mask once. Mexico entry was fine

It is mandatory on every BA flight to wear a face covering. "

What the rules say and what is enforced are not always the same thing though.

I guess the person who has just flown is probably best placed to post about their experience.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I wouldn't criticise anyone who chooses to go abroad for a holiday.

Though they also won't get sympathy, if the rules change while away or they catch covid and can't return home.

The risks are too high for me, we're staying in the UK.

What, all of them?

North West

It is mandatory on every BA flight to wear a face covering. "

Our recent Ryanair flight had everyone wearing a mask and staff instructing anyone who removed it (who wasn't eating) to put it back on again. I didn't hear anyone arguing back.

"I wouldn't criticise anyone who chooses to go abroad for a holiday.

Though they also won't get sympathy, if the rules change while away or they catch covid and can't return home.

The risks are too high for me, we're staying in the UK. "

How do you work that out. Risks just as great in the UK as they are in certain places abroad.

"Quote:-

Then they don't go. Simple as that. It's not rocket science

That's a little unfair on young families..and there are some people who can't be vaccinated. I would agree if people refuse to be vaccinated, there should be restrictions for them."

There will allways be casualties so to speak. Businesses have to protect themselves as best they can. Young famalies can travel out once had both jabs. Fof those who can't be vaccinated no easy answers I am afraid.

I guess the person who has just flown is probably best placed to post about their experience."

Yep, the reality as opposed to what u read is perhaps it’s different rules for different classes onboard. 11 hour flight no mask and no one up there seemed bothered. I’m currently on an internal Mexico flight and everyone is having to mask up

North West

"I wouldn't criticise anyone who chooses to go abroad for a holiday.

The risks are too high for me, we're staying in the UK. "

We travelled a) prepared for 10 days isolation even though we went to a green list place; b) with insurance that covered extra accommodation and medical treatment if someone tested positive in our family group (3 of us) and c) chose accommodation and activities far from the madding crowd. We felt very safe throughout our holiday and came into contact with few other people.

I guess the person who has just flown is probably best placed to post about their experience.

Yep, the reality as opposed to what u read is perhaps it’s different rules for different classes onboard. 11 hour flight no mask and no one up there seemed bothered. I’m currently on an internal Mexico flight and everyone is having to mask up "

Its not what iv read. My future brother-in-law in a BA pilot and said this would not have happened.

There is no no way 2 pilots would have sat without face coverings on as they would lose their job.

I was there. What I stated was the truth. The last part of the flight before we descended I saw him standing at the front wearing no mask. I was in seat number 1 I had a clear view.

I’ve flown BA 1st class for three trips so far this year and I’m telling u now they don’t ask u to put your mask on. Not during any point even when sleeping.

Your brother in law can tell u whatever he wants but he wasn’t on that flight and we were. Why would I fabricate it ?

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

"I was there. What I stated was the truth. The last part of the flight before we descended I saw him standing at the front wearing no mask. I was in seat number 1 I had a clear view.

I’ve flown BA 1st class for three trips so far this year and I’m telling u now they don’t ask u to put your mask on. Not during any point even when sleeping.

Your brother in law can tell u whatever he wants but he wasn’t on that flight and we were. Why would I fabricate it ? "

This is really bad and irresponsible

"I was there. What I stated was the truth. The last part of the flight before we descended I saw him standing at the front wearing no mask. I was in seat number 1 I had a clear view.

Your brother in law can tell u whatever he wants but he wasn’t on that flight and we were. Why would I fabricate it ?

This is really bad and irresponsible "

Its horrific but I doubt its true.

It feels like these people are saying because they travel 1st class they are above the rules.

I believe a professional pilot who says this would not have happened.

I’m not saying I’m above the rules. I’m staying the reality of a situation I have experienced as opposed to someone saying what should have happened from what someone else told them. I wore a mask through the airport got on the plane sat down, removed my mask to drink my water and was never asked to replace it. Period. And it isn’t the first time this year the exact same scenario has played out.

Yep, the reality as opposed to what u read is perhaps it’s different rules for different classes onboard. 11 hour flight no mask and no one up there seemed bothered. I’m currently on an internal Mexico flight and everyone is having to mask up

Its not what iv read. My future brother-in-law in a BA pilot and said this would not have happened.

There is no no way 2 pilots would have sat without face coverings on as they would lose their job. "

I didn’t say they sat without face coverings, I didn’t notice they were pilots until I saw them stood at front of plane getting changed. I walked past to go to the toilet and they didn’t have masks on whilst they were stood there. And then they Milled about a lot in front of me once I was sat down and didn’t wear a mask. Were they exempt ? Who knows. But they didn’t have one on

"I’m not saying I’m above the rules. I’m staying the reality of a situation I have experienced as opposed to someone saying what should have happened from what someone else told them. I wore a mask through the airport got on the plane sat down, removed my mask to drink my water and was never asked to replace it. Period. And it isn’t the first time this year the exact same scenario has played out.

"

OK because it very much seemed you were trying to suggest in fact you said it depends which class you are in and also you made out earlier that you didn't wear it at all the plane.

North West

There is no no way 2 pilots would have sat without face coverings on as they would lose their job.

I didn’t say they sat without face coverings, I didn’t notice they were pilots until I saw them stood at front of plane getting changed. I walked past to go to the toilet and they didn’t have masks on whilst they were stood there. And then they Milled about a lot in front of me once I was sat down and didn’t wear a mask. Were they exempt ? Who knows. But they didn’t have one on "

But you shouldn't have to be asked to put it back on after eating/drinking. You should just put it back on because that's what has been mandated. That's exactly what we did on a recent flight (took off briefly to eat/drink; replaced on face immediately after).

I can only comment on the class I was sat in. And have sat in on all my long haul trips this year. I was suggesting perhaps in other classes people are being asked to wear masks but from where I was sat I certainly was not asked to do so. I didn’t look behind the curtain to inspect anyone else.

I’m posting about actual real life experiences out in the real world living it. As opposed to what’s being stated is mandatory and what someone who wasn’t there said would or wouldn’t have happened.

I didn’t say they sat without face coverings, I didn’t notice they were pilots until I saw them stood at front of plane getting changed. I walked past to go to the toilet and they didn’t have masks on whilst they were stood there. And then they Milled about a lot in front of me once I was sat down and didn’t wear a mask. Were they exempt ? Who knows. But they didn’t have one on

But you shouldn't have to be asked to put it back on after eating/drinking. You should just put it back on because that's what has been mandated. That's exactly what we did on a recent flight (took off briefly to eat/drink; replaced on face immediately after)."

That’s irrelevant if I chose not to do so unless asked. I was staying a fact about not being asked to wear one. And I wasn’t the only person in that cabin doing the same. I had a drink on my table the whole flight other than when I was lay down sleeping

chelmsford

"I can only comment on the class I was sat in. And have sat in on all my long haul trips this year. I was suggesting perhaps in other classes people are being asked to wear masks but from where I was sat I certainly was not asked to do so. I didn’t look behind the curtain to inspect anyone else.

I’m posting about actual real life experiences out in the real world living it. As opposed to what’s being stated is mandatory and what someone who wasn’t there said would or wouldn’t have happened. "

The same rules should apply, regardless of what class one sits in, Covid doesn't discriminate..it's obviously a failing on the air crew if they aren't following the rules that protect all passengers on their flight.

chelmsford

Looks like most airlines are insisting on still wearing masks.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"Looks like most airlines are insisting on still wearing masks."

I think that is the right decision

chelmsford

"Looks like most airlines are insisting on still wearing masks.

I think that is the right decision "

I do Babs x

oldham

I'll be wearing a mask on the flight regardless. Its all about edging your bets

chelmsford

"I'll be wearing a mask on the flight regardless. Its all about edging your bets "

I’m going to Greece on 8th September and will follow the rules of their country. If a mask is mandatory then I will wear it, if not, I won’t

"I'll be wearing a mask on the flight regardless. Its all about edging your bets "

Hedging them.

Pedantic Max

» Add a new message to this topic