FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So many years of lost human life

So many years of lost human life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Johnson's dialogue as well as comments here have outlined their misunderstanding of life expectancy and the enormous numbers of years of lost life from Covid.

For a number of reasons, many of the most vulnerable people initially were elderly. Men who died lost an average of 10.4 years, women averaged 10 years. From our high fatalities, it's approaching 2 million years of human life in the UK.

1 of the inaccuracies was the assumption that because many people were close to the average life expectancy age, they were perhaps just losing a tiny fraction of their lives. The average losses were c. 10 years, as mentioned. This is due to the projected remaining lifespan of someone getting into their 80s, still having a decent few years left, even though the mean average lifespan is lower, from having taken into account all of the people who had already passed away, at a younger age.

Perhaps you've felt uncomfortable when you've read comments that suggested these older people barely had any life left to be enjoyed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's made me incredibly uncomfortable.

Along with the idea that those who are younger who have died or are suffering long term effects have underlying conditions, therefore it matters less.

The minimisation of this breaks my heart.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

The ONS life expectancy thingy says a man who is currently 89 has a life expectancy of 93 (on average). So, my Grandad might have been around another 3-4yrs, years he could actually spend with his family etc. Yeah, it just makes me very, very angry again. I've been quite tearful the last few days, which isn't like me at all.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I always felt uncomfortable for two reasons.

Firstly because my parents are both well beyond average life expectancy.

Secondly because when the chips are really down and I mean *really* the old, infirm and vulnerable will always be sacrificed. Unless it's war then youth is required to do it's duty for the greater good

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

My parents are in their late 70's and given their current activity I can't see why they could not enjoy another 20years of decent health.

Some on here would have thrown everyone over pension age under the bus 18 months ago.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

The uk lives lost to covid are a fraction of those killed by uk wars and selling weapons to the Middle East. Iraq, wars crimes in Yemen by the RAF, creating orphans and homelessness, while most of uk are oblivious and just see their pension funds increase in value as weapons manufactures share prices inflate

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The uk lives lost to covid are a fraction of those killed by uk wars and selling weapons to the Middle East. Iraq, wars crimes in Yemen by the RAF, creating orphans and homelessness, while most of uk are oblivious and just see their pension funds increase in value as weapons manufactures share prices inflate "

Threads always go off track, but that’s a doozy.

Well unfortunately if folk keep voting the Tory fools in, were only going to see more of this. Also the elderly and I firm have always been viewed this way, long before the pandemic.

By *isoCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

"The uk lives lost to covid are a fraction of those killed by uk wars and selling weapons to the Middle East. Iraq, wars crimes in Yemen by the RAF, creating orphans and homelessness, while most of uk are oblivious and just see their pension funds increase in value as weapons manufactures share prices inflate "

Manchester (she/her)

"The ONS life expectancy thingy says a man who is currently 89 has a life expectancy of 93 (on average). So, my Grandad might have been around another 3-4yrs, years he could actually spend with his family etc. Yeah, it just makes me very, very angry again. I've been quite tearful the last few days, which isn't like me at all. "

Xx

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Well unfortunately if folk keep voting the Tory fools in, were only going to see more of this. Also the elderly and I firm have always been viewed this way, long before the pandemic."
Do you believe this has only happened in the uk then?

"Well unfortunately if folk keep voting the Tory fools in, were only going to see more of this. Also the elderly and I firm have always been viewed this way, long before the pandemic.Do you believe this has only happened in the uk then?"

I believe that any incompetent government anywhere is capable of the same.

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They may be but it doesn't stop us from appreciating that more than 1 thing is wrong - I notice there were several on your list and scant mention of how the unfortunate elderly have had their remaining lives discounted to naught.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Well unfortunately if folk keep voting the Tory fools in, were only going to see more of this. Also the elderly and I firm have always been viewed this way, long before the pandemic.Do you believe this has only happened in the uk then?

I believe that any incompetent government anywhere is capable of the same."

There you go why not say incompetent governments ? after all Scottish care homes have a higher mortality rate due to covid for a start.

By *lexeatonMan  over a year ago

Cannock Chase Area

All depends on how you look at it. Every death is a death too many, and so very sad.

However with advances in medicine and our ability to understand what is best for the human body i.e. diet, lifestyle etc then we should celebrate the fact that living to beyond 60 is normal and living beyond 80 is common.

So, rather than get depresesed by Covid figures why not celebrate all those years we've added to the average life through our own making as a human race.

"Well unfortunately if folk keep voting the Tory fools in, were only going to see more of this. Also the elderly and I firm have always been viewed this way, long before the pandemic.Do you believe this has only happened in the uk then?

I believe that any incompetent government anywhere is capable of the same.There you go why not say incompetent governments ? after all Scottish care homes have a higher mortality rate due to covid for a start. "

I assumed the reader would have understood that there is incompetence at play and applied that forward to wherever the same standards are being played out!

By *arklong88Man  over a year ago

portslade

I wonder how many millions of years of life have been lost with traffic accidents in 2020.

Figures can get so confusing...I saw on ons that between 1990 and 2020, 1993 was the worst year for mortality per100k...God knows what happened that year.

Covid deaths for June.. 26th most common cause of death. Yes 26th less than 1%.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Covid deaths for June.. 26th most common cause of death. Yes 26th less than 1%."

Huh?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Well unfortunately if folk keep voting the Tory fools in, were only going to see more of this. Also the elderly and I firm have always been viewed this way, long before the pandemic."

Problem is the alternative offering is worse. I mean just look at them! Anyone with the skills and intelligence needed to run a country rarely go into politics

This makes me feel very uncomfortable and doesn’t make for good reading. Angry and full of despair.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Yes, effectively considering someones life to be less important because they're older, made me uncomfortable.

All life is valuable.

My parents are in their 70s and doing great. My gran is 95 and still fit and healthy.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes, effectively considering someones life to be less important because they're older, made me uncomfortable.

All life is valuable.

My parents are in their 70s and doing great. My gran is 95 and still fit and healthy. "

I know some extraordinary people who are older. They are bright lights in sometimes a dark world. And they've felt pretty disposable through this

couple, us we him her.

Some people are old at 60 others young at 90.

couple, us we him her.

My great nan god rest her sole up until a few months before she dropped dead at 99 used to get up a ladder and clean the first floor windows, tend her allotment and drank a bottle of Guinness everynight before going to bed.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"It's made me incredibly uncomfortable.

Along with the idea that those who are younger who have died or are suffering long term effects have underlying conditions, therefore it matters less.

The minimisation of this breaks my heart."

England currently has just over 700 (seven hundred) people who have tested positive for Covid in hospital Out of 56 Million people. Scotland has nearly 60 (sixty) people in hospital who have tested positive for Covid. Out of nearly 6 Million people.

Before Covid the entire UK had a total of 1400 (one thousandf four hundred) people waiting more than a year for NHS treatment. We currently have over 12, 000, 000 (twelve million).

Dying of Cancer, Heart Disease, Kidney Failure, Stroke, Heart Attack, Suicide is perfectly acceptable apparently - but woe betide us all if anyone dies of Covid. An average of 1,400 people die every day in an average week in any given month, in any given year. We all have to die of something and that is normal. That still continues with Covid deaths now replacing Flu, Athsma, Pneumonia etc which are now counted as Covid deaths (since Oct 8th 2020). 'Covid Deaths' account for around only 3% of deaths in the UK currently. This is slightly less than normal for respiratory virus deaths.

There are 12 Million people waiting for NHS treatment currently. The minimisation of this travesty blisters my rear end.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's made me incredibly uncomfortable.

The minimisation of this breaks my heart.

England currently has just over 700 (seven hundred) people who have tested positive for Covid in hospital Out of 56 Million people. Scotland has nearly 60 (sixty) people in hospital who have tested positive for Covid. Out of nearly 6 Million people.

Before Covid the entire UK had a total of 1400 (one thousandf four hundred) people waiting more than a year for NHS treatment. We currently have over 12, 000, 000 (twelve million).

Dying of Cancer, Heart Disease, Kidney Failure, Stroke, Heart Attack, Suicide is perfectly acceptable apparently - but woe betide us all if anyone dies of Covid. An average of 1,400 people die every day in an average week in any given month, in any given year. We all have to die of something and that is normal. That still continues with Covid deaths now replacing Flu, Athsma, Pneumonia etc which are now counted as Covid deaths (since Oct 8th 2020). 'Covid Deaths' account for around only 3% of deaths in the UK currently. This is slightly less than normal for respiratory virus deaths.

There are 12 Million people waiting for NHS treatment currently. The minimisation of this travesty blisters my rear end."

Why do you think that the NHS has been a little bit busy the last year or so?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Whilst I agree..thats about as irrelevant as you can get.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

Manchester (she/her)

"The uk lives lost to covid are a fraction of those killed by uk wars and selling weapons to the Middle East. Iraq, wars crimes in Yemen by the RAF, creating orphans and homelessness, while most of uk are oblivious and just see their pension funds increase in value as weapons manufactures share prices inflate

Whilst I agree..thats about as irrelevant as you can get."

Yes. It's a bit like coming to a breast cancer fundraiser and objecting because ovarian cancer matters too

liverpool

I believe that any incompetent government anywhere is capable of the same.There you go why not say incompetent governments ? after all Scottish care homes have a higher mortality rate due to covid for a start.

I assumed the reader would have understood that there is incompetence at play and applied that forward to wherever the same standards are being played out! "

Nah you see what happens when Johnson makes these callous remarks, the national instinct is point the finger somewhere else,most notably Scotland, in an attempt to divert attention from the utter car crash he has presided over.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Wonder how many on here saying about the old being disposable were just over a couple of years ago saying all the old voting for brexit will be dead soon and we could have another vote.moral outrage when it suits

liverpool

"Johnson's dialogue as well as comments here have outlined their misunderstanding of life expectancy and the enormous numbers of years of lost life from Covid.

For a number of reasons, many of the most vulnerable people initially were elderly. Men who died lost an average of 10.4 years, women averaged 10 years. From our high fatalities, it's approaching 2 million years of human life in the UK.

1 of the inaccuracies was the assumption that because many people were close to the average life expectancy age, they were perhaps just losing a tiny fraction of their lives. The average losses were c. 10 years, as mentioned. This is due to the projected remaining lifespan of someone getting into their 80s, still having a decent few years left, even though the mean average lifespan is lower, from having taken into account all of the people who had already passed away, at a younger age.

Perhaps you've felt uncomfortable when you've read comments that suggested these older people barely had any life left to be enjoyed. "

Along with his bodies piled high in the street comment it shows he doesnt know the meaning of the word empathy.

The fact that the majority of people chose not to believe his words,despite evidence and a refusal to deny them,is depressing and predictable in equal measure.

liverpool

"Wonder how many on here saying about the old being disposable were just over a couple of years ago saying all the old voting for brexit will be dead soon and we could have another vote.moral outrage when it suits"

Who said that exactly?

Manchester (she/her)

"Wonder how many on here saying about the old being disposable were just over a couple of years ago saying all the old voting for brexit will be dead soon and we could have another vote.moral outrage when it suits"

Nope. Wouldn't say it, didn't say it.

And imagine seeing the generational differences in voting habits without saying that premature death and disability could be an outcome. Shocking.

I vote we start a new movement called ELM (elderly lives matter)... instead of taking the knee the movement shall wave walking sticks in the air...

Manchester (she/her)

"I vote we start a new movement called ELM (elderly lives matter)... instead of taking the knee the movement shall wave walking sticks in the air..."

I show my support for the elderly through my volunteering, training, by wearing my mask, keeping my distance, being vaccinated, and doing LFTs regularly.

borehamwood

"Wonder how many on here saying about the old being disposable were just over a couple of years ago saying all the old voting for brexit will be dead soon and we could have another vote.moral outrage when it suits

Who said that exactly?"

really lionel there were plenty on here saying the old had ryined it for the young and they would all be dead in a cpl of years so they dont have to worry aboyt the consequences,or you gona deny anyone on here who voted remain said such a thing?make me laugh some on here make out they give a shit,but the reality is only when it suits them,get down of your moral high horses

Manchester (she/her)

"Wonder how many on here saying about the old being disposable were just over a couple of years ago saying all the old voting for brexit will be dead soon and we could have another vote.moral outrage when it suits

Who said that exactly?really lionel there were plenty on here saying the old had ryined it for the young and they would all be dead in a cpl of years so they dont have to worry aboyt the consequences,or you gona deny anyone on here who voted remain said such a thing?make me laugh some on here make out they give a shit,but the reality is only when it suits them,get down of your moral high horses"

Goodness, imagine being upset by Brexit and the pandemic. Shocking.

liverpool

Who said that exactly?really lionel there were plenty on here saying the old had ryined it for the young and they would all be dead in a cpl of years so they dont have to worry aboyt the consequences,or you gona deny anyone on here who voted remain said such a thing?make me laugh some on here make out they give a shit,but the reality is only when it suits them,get down of your moral high horses"

So just to clarify

You are comparing one person saying it's only 80 year olds dying from covid with people who you cant name, who may or may not have said something completely different,that the political environment will be different in a few years time?

Even if that is comparable, its not btw,does that make johnsons comments ok?

borehamwood

Who said that exactly?really lionel there were plenty on here saying the old had ryined it for the young and they would all be dead in a cpl of years so they dont have to worry aboyt the consequences,or you gona deny anyone on here who voted remain said such a thing?make me laugh some on here make out they give a shit,but the reality is only when it suits them,get down of your moral high horses

Goodness, imagine being upset by Brexit and the pandemic. Shocking."

goodness me fancy being on a swingers site day in day out telling anyone who will lisyen how great you are and anyone who thinks differently is selfish,get on and do good if thats what you want to do,no need to advertise the fact daily

borehamwood

Who said that exactly?really lionel there were plenty on here saying the old had ryined it for the young and they would all be dead in a cpl of years so they dont have to worry aboyt the consequences,or you gona deny anyone on here who voted remain said such a thing?make me laugh some on here make out they give a shit,but the reality is only when it suits them,get down of your moral high horses

So just to clarify

You are comparing one person saying it's only 80 year olds dying from covid with people who you cant name, who may or may not have said something completely different,that the political environment will be different in a few years time?

Even if that is comparable, its not btw,does that make johnsons comments ok?"

watever lionel not really intrested what a man in a towel has to say xx

liverpool

So just to clarify

Even if that is comparable, its not btw,does that make johnsons comments ok?watever lionel not really intrested what a man in a towel has to say xx"

Epic

borehamwood

So just to clarify

Even if that is comparable, its not btw,does that make johnsons comments ok?watever lionel not really intrested what a man in a towel has to say xx

Epic"

u need a new catchphrase mate that one is old now

liverpool

Maybe the thread should stay on topic and the fan club can start other threads on Scotland brexit,if they so wish?

liverpool

So just to clarify

Even if that is comparable, its not btw,does that make johnsons comments ok?watever lionel not really intrested what a man in a towel has to say xx

Epicu need a new catchphrase mate that one is old now"

Well it bears repeating for your side splitting response.

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

"Johnson's dialogue as well as comments here have outlined their misunderstanding of life expectancy and the enormous numbers of years of lost life from Covid.

Perhaps you've felt uncomfortable when you've read comments that suggested these older people barely had any life left to be enjoyed. "

did this take in to account all the lives lost who all had underlining health conditions so would not have lived to the projected life expectancy?

Manchester (she/her)

Perhaps you've felt uncomfortable when you've read comments that suggested these older people barely had any life left to be enjoyed. did this take in to account all the lives lost who all had underlining health conditions so would not have lived to the projected life expectancy? "

I feel just as uncomfortable with throwing people with underlying conditions under the bus as I do about the elderly.

What might be blistering your rear end is your lack of compassion, in a thread where that seems to be the aim. Y'know, people sharing stories of lost loved ones etc..

So Covid Deaths are (apparently) around 3% of death currently... that's with restrictions still partially in place and the vaccine having being rolled out. Yet you seem to be against COVID having being treated as serious. Do you really think that % would have been as low as 3% without lockdowns last year?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I vote we start a new movement called ELM (elderly lives matter)... instead of taking the knee the movement shall wave walking sticks in the air..."

I'm doing a wheelie in my chair in solidarity.

And to whoever suggested that having underlying health conditions would mean people wouldn't hit the average life expectancy - my Grandad had heart failure but lived to 89. Covid was what finished him off, but before he caught Covid, despite his heart failure, he was active and nowhere like on death's door. He was completely mentally sharp and very keen for life to get back to normal and for him to do all his social activities again. As far as I'm concerned, Covid shortened his life. And he need not have caught it, that's what really pisses me off.

borehamwood

So just to clarify

Epicu need a new catchphrase mate that one is old now

"

i would paugh linus but you really aint that funny,

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I feel it is a terrible waste of so many years of human life, but I feel so similar about war, famine water problems, drought, malaria etc if the world really clubbed together I believe we could ease or solve so many of these situations and save so many years of life.

It just seems that life is not as important to those who have the power to make decisions or make money from the situations.

Manchester (she/her)

"

It just seems that life is not as important to those who have the power to make decisions or make money from the situations."

No, indeed not.

In your bed

"

It just seems that life is not as important to those who have the power to make decisions or make money from the situations.

No, indeed not."

Or indeed to those who order bat soup.

liverpool

So just to clarify

i would paugh linus but you really aint that funny,"

Good point

liverpool

"

No, indeed not.

"

Is that like chicken noodle?

In your bed

"

No, indeed not.

Is that like chicken noodle?"

Similar but the after taste is not as pleasant.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

So just to clarify

i would paugh linus but you really aint that funny,"

Sometimes it is best to step away for fear of looking childish. Please just ignore each other as your spats are spoiling debates

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

I dont wish to spoil your understanding but there were certainly a few people who died in the early stages who would have died anyway for a variety of reasons... This can be evidenced by the fact that the death rate for 2020 dropped at times below the average death rate for the past 5 years. With this in mind then did people stop dying or were some of the people who had died already going to die within 2020? We cannot prove it either way.

We must remember that every life lost is a loss to their family. But we should also remember most of those who died also had co-morbidities which meant death was more likely. A large number of the dead were obese for instance from the pics I saw. Many were most likely predisposed to CVAs and MIs and diabets etc...

» Add a new message to this topic