FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Chinese PCR procurement in MAY 2019

Chinese PCR procurement in MAY 2019

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well well well.

China reported its first Wuhan virus cases in December 2019. But a study has found that the PLA, China's Centre for Disease Control & Chinese universities were buying PCR tests in Hubei in May 2019. Palki Sharma tells you about the explosive revelations:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PS41mreWkA0

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

PCR is used in universities and hospitals for a multitude of different reasons. It's a completely bog standard technique taught in first year undergraduate labs and used in pretty much all biological research. There's no such thing as a PCR "test". PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction and it is a biochemical technique to amplify nucleic acids in samples (DNA or RNA). The reagents required to assess whether a sample contains SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA are exactly the same as the reagents required to assess samples for various different reasons. The only difference would be the primers used.

There's no conspiracy here. I was doing PCR in May to December 2019 in teaching labs in Manchester.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not really a big deal. PCR tests are used for much more than just COVID.

Are you missing the bulk buying? Did you watch the whole thing?…

"Are you missing the bulk buying? Did you watch the whole thing?…"

I didn’t need to watch it because I read it in the news days ago. Bulk buying is always done - especially when it’s cheaper and if it’s something that can be stored or distributed to multiple places.

Btw I fully believe China covered up and that it leaked accidentally from a lab, but I don’t believe the PCR order is a part of that puzzle.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Good grief

Manchester (she/her)

" I was doing PCR in May to December 2019 in teaching labs in Manchester."

You monster

(Joking, joking!)

"Are you missing the bulk buying? Did you watch the whole thing?…

I didn’t need to watch it because I read it in the news days ago. Bulk buying is always done - especially when it’s cheaper and if it’s something that can be stored or distributed to multiple places.

Btw I fully believe China covered up and that it leaked accidentally from a lab, but I don’t believe the PCR order is a part of that puzzle. "

Watch it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This is why most of the relevant research is published via credible outlets and is peer-reviewed.

By *rShadowBHMan  over a year ago

Nowhere/everywhere

We've had multiple posts from conspiracy lunatics stating PCR isn't a valid method for detecting viruses. Now it's become part of your conspiracy? Make your mind up.

Also, I bulk-buy PCR mastermixes all the time.

North West

"We've had multiple posts from conspiracy lunatics stating PCR isn't a valid method for detecting viruses. Now it's become part of your conspiracy? Make your mind up.

Also, I bulk-buy PCR mastermixes all the time."

Obviously, you are part of the conspiracy! Damn your master mix, primers and taq-polymerase!

"We've had multiple posts from conspiracy lunatics stating PCR isn't a valid method for detecting viruses. Now it's become part of your conspiracy? Make your mind up.

Also, I bulk-buy PCR mastermixes all the time."

Think you need to take a breath, I have not been involved in any of those conspiracy theories.

Manchester (she/her)

Obviously, you are part of the conspiracy! Damn your master mix, primers and taq-polymerase! "

Monsters! Pandemic causing monsters everywhere!

Agreed was disappointed seeing the racist comment, I know people are angry with China over Covid and their territorial aggressions to multiple countries, but it does not represent all Chinese people.

Back to the link, it seems a bit of coincidence they suddenly stockpiled PCR tests 6 months before the out break announced compared to prior years, including military, research labs etc.

Interesting how that has not been addressed on here, just the usual crew I suspect with vested interests defending China and the miraculous vaccines….

Manchester (she/her)

Uh, PCR isn't just for Covid...

For example, it was used in the Human Genome Project (a handy US government link that falls into Fab rules, lol)

https://www.genome.gov/about-genomics/fact-sheets/Polymerase-Chain-Reaction-Fact-Sheet

Oh noes, the Americans were brewing up Covid in the 1990s

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"PCR is used in universities and hospitals for a multitude of different reasons. It's a completely bog standard technique taught in first year undergraduate labs and used in pretty much all biological research. There's no such thing as a PCR "test". PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction and it is a biochemical technique to amplify nucleic acids in samples (DNA or RNA). The reagents required to assess whether a sample contains SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA are exactly the same as the reagents required to assess samples for various different reasons. The only difference would be the primers used.

There's no conspiracy here. I was doing PCR in May to December 2019 in teaching labs in Manchester."

That teld him!

Glasgow

"Agreed was disappointed seeing the racist comment, I know people are angry with China over Covid and their territorial aggressions to multiple countries, but it does not represent all Chinese people.

Back to the link, it seems a bit of coincidence they suddenly stockpiled PCR tests 6 months before the out break announced compared to prior years, including military, research labs etc.

Interesting how that has not been addressed on here, just the usual crew I suspect with vested interests defending China and the miraculous vaccines…. "

I'd have been more interested if they'd secretly developed a vaccine to protect their own people prior to exposing mankind to a deadly virus and stockpiling a test kit to detect it.

"Agreed was disappointed seeing the racist comment, I know people are angry with China over Covid and their territorial aggressions to multiple countries, but it does not represent all Chinese people.

Interesting how that has not been addressed on here, just the usual crew I suspect with vested interests defending China and the miraculous vaccines…. "

You forgot that the USA NIH had invested several million $ in the Wuhan lab....

Manchester (she/her)

Interesting how that has not been addressed on here, just the usual crew I suspect with vested interests defending China and the miraculous vaccines….

I'd have been more interested if they'd secretly developed a vaccine to protect their own people prior to exposing mankind to a deadly virus and stockpiling a test kit to detect it."

Yes, if they'd rolled out a fully tested vaccine in February or March 2020, I'd have found that suspicious.

North West

I'd have been more interested if they'd secretly developed a vaccine to protect their own people prior to exposing mankind to a deadly virus and stockpiling a test kit to detect it.

Yes, if they'd rolled out a fully tested vaccine in February or March 2020, I'd have found that suspicious."

And the vaccines they have invented are pretty shit. Not a patch on the Bio-N-Tech or Moderna vaccines at all.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, if they'd rolled out a fully tested vaccine in February or March 2020, I'd have found that suspicious.

And the vaccines they have invented are pretty shit. Not a patch on the Bio-N-Tech or Moderna vaccines at all."

Indeed. But a vaccine that early - even with reduced standards and regards for human rights - would have been an indication that they knew about SARS-COV-2 months and months before December 2019. (Which, if that Italian antibody study is correct, could be possible, but I believe that's been cast into doubt. If they did know, though, definitely a sign of being a bad actor - apart from the secretive nature of China which everyone knows about)

"

Indeed. But a vaccine that early - even with reduced standards and regards for human rights - would have been an indication that they knew about SARS-COV-2 months and months before December 2019. (Which, if that Italian antibody study is correct, could be possible, but I believe that's been cast into doubt. If they did know, though, definitely a sign of being a bad actor - apart from the secretive nature of China which everyone knows about)"

I think China definitely knew something was up a lot earlier. I went there twice in 2019, and this is purely anecdotal and of course it could be coincidental but here’s what makes me suspicious.

- July 2019, spent a lot of time in Shanghai visiting friends who were teachers. They said several teaching staff were recently hospitalised with pneumonia, the rest off sick with bad flu - about a dozen in total. It could be coincidence but it seems odd in retrospect.

- First week of December 2019 - Hong Kong - I met up with a Hong Kong protestor who was running a tour group. As we’re doing the tour an American guy started coughing. The tour guide stopped talking, looked worried and asked “are you sick?”. I can’t remember what the American guy answered, but the tour guides next question was “have you been to the mainland? My cousin says a lot of people are getting very sick”…

The July thing is questionable, but it seems that by early December covid was already in full swing, enough for word of mouth to have spread as far as Hong Kong.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Indeed. But a vaccine that early - even with reduced standards and regards for human rights - would have been an indication that they knew about SARS-COV-2 months and months before December 2019. (Which, if that Italian antibody study is correct, could be possible, but I believe that's been cast into doubt. If they did know, though, definitely a sign of being a bad actor - apart from the secretive nature of China which everyone knows about)

I think China definitely knew something was up a lot earlier. I went there twice in 2019, and this is purely anecdotal and of course it could be coincidental but here’s what makes me suspicious.

- July 2019, spent a lot of time in Shanghai visiting friends who were teachers. They said several teaching staff were recently hospitalised with pneumonia, the rest off sick with bad flu - about a dozen in total. It could be coincidence but it seems odd in retrospect.

- First week of December 2019 - Hong Kong - I met up with a Hong Kong protestor who was running a tour group. As we’re doing the tour an American guy started coughing. The tour guide stopped talking, looked worried and asked “are you sick?”. I can’t remember what the American guy answered, but the tour guides next question was “have you been to the mainland? My cousin says a lot of people are getting very sick”…

The July thing is questionable, but it seems that by early December covid was already in full swing, enough for word of mouth to have spread as far as Hong Kong."

I mean sure, a disease hadn't been discovered yet but something bad was going around.

There's a bad cold going around the UK at the moment. It's being discussed, even on Fab. Maybe it's the next pandemic disease and the British government don't want you to know!

I swear to god, YouTube scaremongering completely dwarfs the mainstream stuff.

What makes me laugh is when YouTube shouty guys explain how the news is just their to make you live in fear, while also telling you what you should fear.

It's like high level satire.

Manchester (she/her)

"I swear to god, YouTube scaremongering completely dwarfs the mainstream stuff.

What makes me laugh is when YouTube shouty guys explain how the news is just their to make you live in fear, while also telling you what you should fear.

It's like high level satire."

So much

Central

As PCR testing supplies are used for a huge range of things, how does their stock ordering differ over time? What were their volumes like in previous years? Without data showing a bigger picture, there's insufficient data that provides any context. Business as usual?

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"PCR is used in universities and hospitals for a multitude of different reasons. It's a completely bog standard technique taught in first year undergraduate labs and used in pretty much all biological research. There's no such thing as a PCR "test". PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction and it is a biochemical technique to amplify nucleic acids in samples (DNA or RNA). The reagents required to assess whether a sample contains SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA are exactly the same as the reagents required to assess samples for various different reasons. The only difference would be the primers used.

There's no conspiracy here. I was doing PCR in May to December 2019 in teaching labs in Manchester."

Damn it was doing them back in the early 2000's in waterbaths. I'm now posh and have a machine do the manual bit last week. I'm cooking up a brand new virus to take over the world (I blinking wish, was verifying my siRNA, but taking over the world sounds lots more fun

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

So much"

Gotta get those clicks.

Manchester (she/her)

So much

Gotta get those clicks. "

One weird trick those Chinese scientists don't want you to know to blast belly fat and collapse economies

"

I mean sure, a disease hadn't been discovered yet but something bad was going around.

There's a bad cold going around the UK at the moment. It's being discussed, even on Fab. Maybe it's the next pandemic disease and the British government don't want you to know!"

What? The Chinese know the difference between someone getting a cold, and a scary illness that’s causing a lot of people to get “very sick” on the mainland.

Anyone with any direct experience of non-tourist life in China knows how secretive and controlling the state is.

Dr Li Wienlang was silenced for going public with his discovery in December 2019, after weeks of hearing rumours of a new virus. After he confirmed his suspicions in his own WeChat group amongst fellow doctors, someone wrote “be careful what you say or our group might get dismissed”. He was then arrested and everything he went public with was deleted from Chinese owned state media, and he subsequently died in questionable circumstances.

Over there, there is an innate understanding that everything is monitored and suppressed by the those in power.

I think most people in the west are very naive and don’t like to believe it - so resort to implying that people who speak about these things are conspiracy theorists.

There’s no comparison between our lives and theirs, it’s hard to understand without living it, and it’s very patronising to make a joke comparison of “maybe the cold is a new pandemic and our government are hiding it” as a way to ridicule a legitimate thing that happens and happened in China.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

So much

Gotta get those clicks.

One weird trick those Chinese scientists don't want you to know to blast belly fat and collapse economies"

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Think you need to take a breath, I have not been involved in any of those conspiracy theories. "

However it is notable that you actively repeat and encourage these conspiracy theories. For example, this very thread.

This particular garbage about any purchase of PCR equipment or reagent supplies prior to December 2019 being evidence that SARS-CoV-2 was some kind of plot, has been thoroughly debunked previously in the virus forum.

You repeat conspiracy theories, you encourage people to watch youtube articles about conspiracy theories, you claim that real scientific and medical experts who post in person on this forum are lying. In what way are you not involved in conspiracy theories when you deny real science and actively promote fantasy?

People across the world are dying of a real disease, the spread of which has been made far worse by the type of nonsense that you are promoting IN THIS VERY THREAD, so please don't then say that you are "not involved". You are involved, you are part of the problem, you bear some part of the responsibility for 4 million, 550 thousand deaths worldwide and probably ten times that who will have serious health problems for the rest of their lives.

Talking nonsense about covid equals helping spread covid.

Manchester (she/her)

"

There's a bad cold going around the UK at the moment. It's being discussed, even on Fab. Maybe it's the next pandemic disease and the British government don't want you to know!

What? The Chinese know the difference between someone getting a cold, and a scary illness that’s causing a lot of people to get “very sick” on the mainland.

Anyone with any direct experience of non-tourist life in China knows how secretive and controlling the state is.

Dr Li Wienlang was silenced for going public with his discovery in December 2019, after weeks of hearing rumours of a new virus. After he confirmed his suspicions in his own WeChat group amongst fellow doctors, someone wrote “be careful what you say or our group might get dismissed”. He was then arrested and everything he went public with was deleted from Chinese owned state media, and he subsequently died in questionable circumstances.

Over there, there is an innate understanding that everything is monitored and suppressed by the those in power.

I think most people in the west are very naive and don’t like to believe it - so resort to implying that people who speak about these things are conspiracy theorists.

There’s no comparison between our lives and theirs, it’s hard to understand without living it, and it’s very patronising to make a joke comparison of “maybe the cold is a new pandemic and our government are hiding it” as a way to ridicule a legitimate thing that happens and happened in China.

"

I mean, my point stands. How would they know to do genetic sequencing on a cold/pneumonia/illness?

I'm aware that the Chinese government operates in different ways. I'm not sure that goes to "sequence all the bugs, just in case". Because - this cold going around could be a novel human virus. We don't know, because it's probably not been sequenced. (Like we might not have known about Covid until later if not for the surveillance program in Wuhan)

But yes, Chinese government sucks therefore argle bargle they caused the pandemic. Makes total sense.

The conspiracy nonsense in this forum is dumber than the bullshit on Facebook

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Well well well.

China reported its first Wuhan virus cases in December 2019. But a study has found that the PLA, China's Centre for Disease Control & Chinese universities were buying PCR tests in Hubei in May 2019. Palki Sharma tells you about the explosive revelations:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PS41mreWkA0"

Quite apart from the other points raised by posters, you realise that anyone can sit behind a desk and make claims?

This is the problem with conspiracy theorists - endless scepticism and questioning of the 'official' version of events, absolutely zero scepticism of the version of events that they're emotionally invested in.

"Quite apart from the other points raised by posters, you realise that anyone can sit behind a desk and make claims?

This is the problem with conspiracy theorists - endless scepticism and questioning of the 'official' version of events, absolutely zero scepticism of the version of events that they're emotionally invested in. "

Yup, the hypocrisy is mind numbing.

The amount of videos telling people that covid is scaremongering from the mainstream media, than the same video will scaremonger about "the great reset" or some other absolute drivel.

How do people not see the irony and the hypocrisy?!

I don't get it!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"Quite apart from the other points raised by posters, you realise that anyone can sit behind a desk and make claims?

This is the problem with conspiracy theorists - endless scepticism and questioning of the 'official' version of events, absolutely zero scepticism of the version of events that they're emotionally invested in.

Yup, the hypocrisy is mind numbing.

The amount of videos telling people that covid is scaremongering from the mainstream media, than the same video will scaremonger about "the great reset" or some other absolute drivel.

How do people not see the irony and the hypocrisy?!

I don't get it!!!"

"You people are so scared... You should work on that, it's not healthy. Meanwhile, China has released a bioweapon, Big Pharma are poisoning us all to destroy society, science is corrupt, and democracy and freedom is coming to an end.

You sheeple who don't know the truth are so frightened!"

"

I mean, my point stands. How would they know to do genetic sequencing on a cold/pneumonia/illness?

I'm aware that the Chinese government operates in different ways. I'm not sure that goes to "sequence all the bugs, just in case". Because - this cold going around could be a novel human virus. We don't know, because it's probably not been sequenced. (Like we might not have known about Covid until later if not for the surveillance program in Wuhan)

But yes, Chinese government sucks therefore argle bargle they caused the pandemic. Makes total sense."

And as I said, there’s a big difference between a cold and covid. People who get ill enough to be hospitalised have the same symptoms as SARS. It’s easy to then tell that you need to be concerned. There were researchers informed of possible SARS cases in November (ill have to dig out the paper that states it). Even in Wuhan a doctor finally got suspicious enough to declare a sars outbreak by December 23rd and that’s official record too. A doctor was forced to apologise on national television and was made to say he lied about a new SARS outbreak, more than 3 weeks after it was already confirmed. That’s proven.

Of course then there’s also the whole controlling of the WHO and proven spreading of misinformation about the disease, which prevented the world from getting a grip on the pandemic.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/china-the-who-and-the-power-grab-that-fuelled-a-pandemic-3mt05m06n

None of this is theory. It’s all proven. But sure let’s smugly mock and make fun of people that have real concerns about china’s role in intentionally hiding information about a deadly virus.

Let’s say that anyone who is suspicious is a conspiracy theorist. Let’s throw in stupid comments about “bioweapons” to make them look crazy.

""You people are so scared... You should work on that, it's not healthy. Meanwhile, China has released a bioweapon, Big Pharma are poisoning us all to destroy society, science is corrupt, and democracy and freedom is coming to an end.

You sheeple who don't know the truth are so frightened!""

Yup, it's absolute insanity. I think the biggest threat to western society isn't communism, socialism, brown people or sexuality. It's people's inability to self regulate bullshit. Flat earth theory growing in numbers should terrify people.

It's like all the conversation around BLM and people saying white lives matter.

I've had conversations with people who explain why "racism isn't that bad" or "why don't people believe in sticks and stones?"

And then the very same people go into rants about how it's "hard to be white or straight now", and when you ask "why?" There is nothing, no threat, no examples, no real problems just "it could be harder in the future", the usual regurgitated scaremongering from YouTube, white genocide stuff.

Worrying times in many way, but tbh, I just get on with it. Life's too short.

Manchester (she/her)

""You people are so scared... You should work on that, it's not healthy. Meanwhile, China has released a bioweapon, Big Pharma are poisoning us all to destroy society, science is corrupt, and democracy and freedom is coming to an end.

Yup, it's absolute insanity. I think the biggest threat to western society isn't communism, socialism, brown people or sexuality. It's people's inability to self regulate bullshit. Flat earth theory growing in numbers should terrify people.

I've had conversations with people who explain why "racism isn't that bad" or "why don't people believe in sticks and stones?"

And then the very same people go into rants about how it's "hard to be white or straight now", and when you ask "why?" There is nothing, no threat, no examples, no real problems just "it could be harder in the future", the usual regurgitated scaremongering from YouTube, white genocide stuff.

Worrying times in many way, but tbh, I just get on with it. Life's too short."

Content creators have found a goldmine to stoke insecurity, I think.

Worrying times in many way, but tbh, I just get on with it. Life's too short."

What does this even have to do with the topic? Are you okay?

"What does this even have to do with the topic? Are you okay?"

What is "this"?

Why would I not be okay? Are you okay?

"Content creators have found a goldmine to stoke insecurity, I think."

Absolutely 100% on the money.

It's about getting people to "like and subscribe", while convincing the viewers that everybody else is living in fear and cannot see the truth.

It's cult stuff, I've seen many people in my circle of friends get trapped in it. it's scary when you see somebody you respect, genuinely terrified about something you know is ridiculous.

I had an older family member absolutely certain 5G was dangerous. He's since moved on to vaccines now he has a 5G phone himself. Not once said anything about the ridiculous nonsense he was spreading previously.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

This.

It's also sometimes taught and given as a class practical activity in BTEC L3 applied science in sixth form.

Oh shit. I bought equipment for PCR runs in 2007. Did my school invent the novel coronavirus and unleash it?

Hint....no...

Manchester (she/her)

There's no conspiracy here. I was doing PCR in May to December 2019 in teaching labs in Manchester.

This.

It's also sometimes taught and given as a class practical activity in BTEC L3 applied science in sixth form.

Oh shit. I bought equipment for PCR runs in 2007. Did my school invent the novel coronavirus and unleash it?

Hint....no..."

You monster

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

"

You monster

"

I'm awful....

But threads like this are why I literally shake my head. We teach this stuff, and I know because I'm in secondary education. We teach it and yet people still don't understand the basics.

No wonder we had to teach allegedly functional adults how to wash their hands and cannot persuade some of the long proven benefits of face masks. Yet these same people will presumably permit themselves to be locked in a capsule containing 14,000 parts and travelling at 500mph at 36,000 feet...on the understanding that they trust the scientists and engineers who designed and built it .....

But surely the Chinese were buying PCR so that their untold legions could check they were ok before they entered their secret tunnel that runs below the earth, emerging in America to sweep away the helpless population that had been turned into infertile zombies by sinister vaccinations developed by the lizard men who would then join forces with the Illuminati to create a New World Order ready for the arrival of their Alien overlords from planet Xarnod Xxv-I.

It must be true, it was on Facebook and everything.

Manchester (she/her)

"But surely the Chinese were buying PCR so that their untold legions could check they were ok before they entered their secret tunnel that runs below the earth, emerging in America to sweep away the helpless population that had been turned into infertile zombies by sinister vaccinations developed by the lizard men who would then join forces with the Illuminati to create a New World Order ready for the arrival of their Alien overlords from planet Xarnod Xxv-I.

It must be true, it was on Facebook and everything."

And as Abraham Lincoln said, everything on the internet is true.

Abraham was silenced because he knew what was going on.

Manchester (she/her)

"Abraham was silenced because he knew what was going on."

Forget being shot, they took down his YouTube channel!

And banned him from Tik Tok

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"But surely the Chinese were buying PCR so that their untold legions could check they were ok before they entered their secret tunnel that runs below the earth, emerging in America to sweep away the helpless population that had been turned into infertile zombies by sinister vaccinations developed by the lizard men who would then join forces with the Illuminati to create a New World Order ready for the arrival of their Alien overlords from planet Xarnod Xxv-I.

It must be true, it was on Facebook and everything."

Utter bollocks! The alien overlords come from planet Xarnod Xxv-II.

Manchester (she/her)

Utter bollocks! The alien overlords come from planet Xarnod Xxv-II. "

You're such a sheep, believing nonsense like that

"PCR is used in universities and hospitals for a multitude of different reasons. It's a completely bog standard technique taught in first year undergraduate labs and used in pretty much all biological research.

There's no such thing as a PCR "test". PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction and it is a biochemical technique to amplify nucleic acids in samples (DNA or RNA). The reagents required to assess whether a sample contains SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA are exactly the same as the reagents required to assess samples for various different reasons. The only difference would be the primers used.

I agree, no conspiracy. I was doing PCR in 1986 as one of the first people in the UK. Not so bog standard then lol!

You're such a sheep, believing nonsense like that"

Funny how the only conspiracy sounding stuff has come from those making fun of it.

I’m wondering do these people who believe in bioweapons, and an intentional creation of the virus etc even exist? Because I never see anyone say it, other than those making fun of imaginary claims that nobody has made

Yes just dodge the fact they stockpiled tests 6 months before the official announcement of the outbreak, a huge increase of PCR orders compared to previous years and tendered by the Chinese military and research labs. Can dome of you get your head out of your own backside to consider this is a little odd under the circumstances….

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"Yes just dodge the fact they stockpiled tests 6 months before the official announcement of the outbreak, a huge increase of PCR orders compared to previous years and tendered by the Chinese military and research labs. Can dome of you get your head out of your own backside to consider this is a little odd under the circumstances…."

How do you know for sure it was stockpiled and not actually used though? I've dealt with procurement in research for years now. And I can assure you when we get a multi million pound grant it would look like to outsiders that we were stockpiling, but it's just getting used within the lab as we have tight timeframes to use the money we have and we need to get the work done quickly.

So you're telling me I have my head up my own arse because I'd rather believe my 2 decades worth of experience working in research over someone on YouTube?

Glasgow

"Yes just dodge the fact they stockpiled tests 6 months before the official announcement of the outbreak, a huge increase of PCR orders compared to previous years and tendered by the Chinese military and research labs. Can dome of you get your head out of your own backside to consider this is a little odd under the circumstances…."

Do you know what the PCR purchasing pattern was more than six months prior to the covid outbreak?

What does stockpiling PCR tests (if they were) actually prove?

By *rShadowBHMan  over a year ago

Nowhere/everywhere

It's only odd to conspiracy fantasists like you. As many people have tried to tell you, PCR is a technique not a test. Buying reagents for the most widely used technique in molecular biology isn't suspicious to rational people.

Manchester (she/her)

Funny how the only conspiracy sounding stuff has come from those making fun of it.

I’m wondering do these people who believe in bioweapons, and an intentional creation of the virus etc even exist? Because I never see anyone say it, other than those making fun of imaginary claims that nobody has made "

So the people who believe that China created the virus through gain of function - I'm not saying that's you, but I am saying those people exist - what are they claiming China did, if not create a bioweapon?

(And yes I'm making fun of it. It's utter horseshit)

I’m wondering do these people who believe in bioweapons, and an intentional creation of the virus etc even exist? Because I never see anyone say it, other than those making fun of imaginary claims that nobody has made

So the people who believe that China created the virus through gain of function - I'm not saying that's you, but I am saying those people exist - what are they claiming China did, if not create a bioweapon?

(And yes I'm making fun of it. It's utter horseshit)"

Gain of function experiments are a real thing, they aren’t “utter bullshit”. They are not intended to create weapons. They’re intended to help scientists understand the mechanisms and potential future evolutionary steps of common viruses. That then allows the update of vaccines, medicines and even pandemic preparedness plans.

If you think those experiments exist to create bioweapons then maybe it’s your understanding that’s wrong. Peter Daszak (researcher, zoologist, president of the eco alliance, and key financier of the Wuhan institute) is on record himself stating that they do conduct gain of function experiments at the Wuhan institute of virology. There are official public records showing the applications for funding for these types of experiments. It’s not conspiracy, it’s just plain boring fact. America pulled funding because of it (and then reinstated it again). This was years before covid btw.

Lab leaks aren’t unusual. SARS escaped from a lab twice in 2003 and 2004. It doesn’t have to be some sinister evil plot. It’s just an experiment, a mistake and a cover up.

It’s totally ignorant and arrogant to dismiss something that’s a very valid point of enquiry and has much more evidence pointing toward it than “it came from a food market”. I don’t know how you have the confidence to mock people because it’s becoming clear that you don’t really have much knowledge on the subject.

Or were you intentionally creating a straw man with the bio weapon nonsense?

Things should be investigated and considered, and not arrogantly dismissed.

Manchester (she/her)

Gain of function experiments are a real thing, they aren’t “utter bullshit”. They are not intended to create weapons. They’re intended to help scientists understand the mechanisms and potential future evolutionary steps of common viruses. That then allows the update of vaccines, medicines and even pandemic preparedness plans.

If you think those experiments exist to create bioweapons then maybe it’s your understanding that’s wrong. Peter Daszak (researcher, zoologist, president of the eco alliance, and key financier of the Wuhan institute) is on record himself stating that they do conduct gain of function experiments at the Wuhan institute of virology. There are official public records showing the applications for funding for these types of experiments. It’s not conspiracy, it’s just plain boring fact. America pulled funding because of it (and then reinstated it again). This was years before covid btw.

Lab leaks aren’t unusual. SARS escaped from a lab twice in 2003 and 2004. It doesn’t have to be some sinister evil plot. It’s just an experiment, a mistake and a cover up.

It’s totally ignorant and arrogant to dismiss something that’s a very valid point of enquiry and has much more evidence pointing toward it than “it came from a food market”. I don’t know how you have the confidence to mock people because it’s becoming clear that you don’t really have much knowledge on the subject.

Things should be investigated and considered, and not arrogantly dismissed."

I'm aware what gain of function is, how it's been politicised, etc. I've even heard Daszak discuss it in a long form interview. Maybe two - there's been a lot of things I've looked into.

In a situation where I'm powerless to change anything, and ridiculous discourse stands to limit scientific and and cooperation as well as harm human health - I choose to take the piss on a swinging forum. I'm dreadfully sorry if you find that distasteful.

Central

Things should be investigated and considered, and not arrogantly dismissed.

I'm aware what gain of function is, how it's been politicised, etc. I've even heard Daszak discuss it in a long form interview. Maybe two - there's been a lot of things I've looked into.

In a situation where I'm powerless to change anything, and ridiculous discourse stands to limit scientific and and cooperation as well as harm human health - I choose to take the piss on a swinging forum. I'm dreadfully sorry if you find that distasteful. "

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

[Removed by poster at 13/10/21 16:16:03]

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Well well well.

Isn't that like saying everyone who owns a firearm is a murderer ?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Well well well.

For clarity, The PLA have been buying and using PCR tests since 1992. Do you honestly expect me to believe they've been planning this pandemic for 28 years?

Manchester (she/her)

"Well well well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PS41mreWkA0

For clarity, The PLA have been buying and using PCR tests since 1992. Do you honestly expect me to believe they've been planning this pandemic for 28 years?"

Monsters

» Add a new message to this topic