FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Back Pain

Back Pain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uxomBoobs195 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Rotherham

I got my positive result this morning. Yesterday was terrible, I had a migrain and all my body just hurt, felt like my skin hurt to touch it etc. And last night in bed I felt like I'd got restless legs but everywhere and I got lower back ache. I just couldn't get comfortable.

Today I've felt slightly better-just a norm headache and things. But my back tonight is so painful. I've been in bed since 9.30pm trying to sleep. I think I'm managing to nod off but then waking up uncomfortable.

Is back pain common with covid? How long does it tend to last?

Any tips and advice is more than welcome.

I'm off to put a Hugh grant film on to try take my mind of the pain!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Back pain

No but it does differ from person to person

Rest up

You will feel lousy but will get better x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes, it's a thing. Musculoskeletal and joint pain is very common. This is the NHS guide on recovery from that portion of the illness: https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/managing-the-effects/effects-on-your-body/musculoskeletal-shoulder-and-back-pain/

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Have had back pain for 30 years, well before covid

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Have had back pain for 30 years, well before covid"

Some symptoms are shared by different conditions. At least you don't have Covid causing yours

By *alfordLad77Man  over a year ago

Southport

Congratulations on your well thought out post.

Have a chufty badge.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"I got my positive result this morning. Yesterday was terrible, I had a migrain and all my body just hurt, felt like my skin hurt to touch it etc. And last night in bed I felt like I'd got restless legs but everywhere and I got lower back ache. I just couldn't get comfortable.

Today I've felt slightly better-just a norm headache and things. But my back tonight is so painful. I've been in bed since 9.30pm trying to sleep. I think I'm managing to nod off but then waking up uncomfortable.

I'm off to put a Hugh grant film on to try take my mind of the pain!"

I had body aches and back pain from day 4 till day 7, and it oddly always started dead on 7 pm, fine throughout the day time though.

By *rs BxxWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

"I got my positive result this morning. Yesterday was terrible, I had a migrain and all my body just hurt, felt like my skin hurt to touch it etc. And last night in bed I felt like I'd got restless legs but everywhere and I got lower back ache. I just couldn't get comfortable.

I had dreadful aches and pains in my legs. They were hot but hot under the skin and hurt to touch, my ankles ached rather than my back. I slept with a pillow between my knees and that helped a little as then they didn't touch. All you can do is rest and keep dosed up.

I felt better after a week and couldn't wait to get out after the 10 days.

Hope you feel better soon OP.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Never had COVID, but I get malaria occasionally which is very similar symptoms to flu, and back and joint pain is very common for me when I get the fever.

I just dose up paracetamol and ibuprofen ( max dose every 2 hrs, alternating them so each is taken every 4 hours) , continually drink and graze on fruit and stay in bed for a few days. Stay warm but window open. All the best x

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

It's possible your lower back pain could be coming from lying down to much.

Try resting in an upright chair.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Never had COVID, but I get malaria occasionally which is very similar symptoms to flu, and back and joint pain is very common for me when I get the fever.

I just dose up paracetamol and ibuprofen ( max dose every 2 hrs, alternating them so each is taken every 4 hours) , continually drink and graze on fruit and stay in bed for a few days. Stay warm but window open. All the best x"

My husband's work colleague has reoccurring malaria flare ups and he does the same as you.

Was first treated working in Nigeria.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"Never had COVID, but I get malaria occasionally which is very similar symptoms to flu, and back and joint pain is very common for me when I get the fever.

I just dose up paracetamol and ibuprofen ( max dose every 2 hrs, alternating them so each is taken every 4 hours) , continually drink and graze on fruit and stay in bed for a few days. Stay warm but window open. All the best x

My husband's work colleague has reoccurring malaria flare ups and he does the same as you.

Was first treated working in Nigeria. "

Same , I did 160 nights in Lagos in 2017 and have had it since then about 2-3 times a year.

merseyside

Was first treated working in Nigeria.

Same , I did 160 nights in Lagos in 2017 and have had it since then about 2-3 times a year. "

The added joys of working in exotic

locations, well maybe not quite exotic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not wanting to be a scaremonger, but please be careful.

My wife developed flu-like symptoms with severe lower back pain early last month. She was dead in less than 24 hours from acute pancreatitis.

It's a very rare thing, but...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Not wanting to be a scaremonger, but please be careful.

My wife developed flu-like symptoms with severe lower back pain early last month. She was dead in less than 24 hours from acute pancreatitis.

It's a very rare thing, but..."

Oh, that's so sad to hear. I hope you're coping well - though looks like your timing of joining fab may be to help you to get by a little better.

By *ilks123Man  over a year ago

wf1

Hot water bottle will ease the pain

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

Lower back pain is common with alot of infections, viral and bacterial. It can be because your kidneys are working overtime and inflamed trying to fight the infection.

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

Visit www.PDFdrive where you can download freebooks

TREAT YOUR OWN BACK by ROBIN McKENZIE which provides info on emergency exercises for relief of backpain.

Hope this helps as it has worked many times for me.

By *essiejamesABCCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery OP

merseyside

It's a very rare thing, but..."

Sadly, it's not at all rare.

Recently changed my mattress and has made a huge difference to my lower back, just thought I’d mention that

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yes bad back pain is a symptom quite a few people get with covid. I had severe back pain pain as did some others I know when they had it also. Try lying more on your side than on your back. It lessens as you begin to recover from it.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Get a foam roller and use it to do two exercises. One to remove tension in your neck and the other to remove or lessen the pain in the rest of your back.

As for migraines, they can be stopped without meds.

the is a indentation on the side of your head just past the edge of your eye sockets, typically where your glasses' arms go. Press the pit and squash the pressure point as hard as you can, for as long as you can: a couple of minutes should do it.

This sounds counterintuitive, but it turns the internal pain from the back of the eye into an external pain. Which speeds up recovery. This should stop the aurora, blurred vision eye pain and hopefully the urge to throw up.

Hope this helps and get well soon.

Peterborough

It's a very rare thing, but...

Oh, that's so sad to hear. I hope you're coping well - though looks like your timing of joining fab may be to help you to get by a little better. "

Wise words indeed. Any questions call 111 they should be able to decide whether or not to call 999.

By *orny-chubbyMan  over a year ago

East London

"Recently changed my mattress and has made a huge difference to my lower back, just thought I’d mention that "

Good idea ??

By *anda and CatCouple  over a year ago

2 ibrufen then 2 hours later 2 paracetamol, and repeat. Plenty of fluids.

East London

"2 ibrufen then 2 hours later 2 paracetamol, and repeat. Plenty of fluids."

Is that safe ? I have heard this before

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I got terrible back pain with covid, and oddly enough it started every night about 7pm, sometimes I just sat there and cried.

It did ease off after about day 5, let's hope it goes away quickly for you op

Never had Covid bit I've suffered with crippling back pain for years now. Unfortunately it's on my mother's side of the family, she suffers with it and so does my sister. There are days I can barely move and hunched over. Sorry you're going through this OP x

Peterborough

"2 ibrufen then 2 hours later 2 paracetamol, and repeat. Plenty of fluids.

Is that safe ? I have heard this before "

to those of us with GERD ibuprofen is not recommended, as it causes inflammation. Morphine is very itchy. Lidocaine is lovely and does the trick, but not available to the public. Shame.

Peterborough

"Never had Covid bit I've suffered with crippling back pain for years now. Unfortunately it's on my mother's side of the family, she suffers with it and so does my sister. There are days I can barely move and hunched over. Sorry you're going through this OP x"

Yoga stretches are really good, have you tried any?

"Never had Covid bit I've suffered with crippling back pain for years now. Unfortunately it's on my mother's side of the family, she suffers with it and so does my sister. There are days I can barely move and hunched over. Sorry you're going through this OP x

Yoga stretches are really good, have you tried any?"

Not really, I know some yoga moves but not sure if they'd help x

merseyside

"Never had Covid bit I've suffered with crippling back pain for years now. Unfortunately it's on my mother's side of the family, she suffers with it and so does my sister. There are days I can barely move and hunched over. Sorry you're going through this OP x

Not really, I know some yoga moves but not sure if they'd help x"

Been doing exercises from physio and taken up yoga, well at least trying, it's had a great effect, so easy to see your stretches get more by the week.

By *anda and CatCouple  over a year ago

"2 ibrufen then 2 hours later 2 paracetamol, and repeat. Plenty of fluids.

Is that safe ? I have heard this before "

Perfectly safe and creates a released dose of analgesics. Unless of course as has been said you have a medical condition that may prevent you from taking either.

East London

Turmeric (one with pepper) has helped reduce the inflammation immensely. Take two capsules a day plus ginger capsules

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I'm off to put a Hugh grant film on to try take my mind of the pain!

Lower back pain is common with alot of infections, viral and bacterial. It can be because your kidneys are working overtime and inflamed trying to fight the infection. "

Your kidneys are much higher up tho

merseyside

My husband had Covid about 2 months ago, not too bad during his 11 days of testing positive, usual symptoms.

About 4 days after testing negative he started to suffer from joint pain especially around hip and thigh area.

Gradually became more severe and to a point were he couldn't go to work.

GP advised rest, stretching exercise and anti inflammatory medication, took the edge off the pain but still very painful.

He has never suffered any joint pain and is on no medication so came as a surprise.

He went back abroad to work last week, mainly through boredom and is still suffering but just taking paracetamol and paying for a physio to help with exercise.

How long does the pain last, it's been over 2 months for him but starting to ease.

It seems to be quite common and a post viral syndrome.

Exercise and keeping busy seems to help him and generic pain relief.

Hope you are on the mend soon.

Peterborough

Not really, I know some yoga moves but not sure if they'd help x"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSjsIv5RoM

She knows!

Peterborough

Yoga sessions should take about 45 seconds to do and kick in. Just like cracking the knuckles in each hand and foot and just as effective. It really is that simple and powerful.

Peterborough

I just dose up paracetamol and ibuprofen ( max dose every 2 hrs, alternating them so each is taken every 4 hours) , continually drink and graze on fruit and stay in bed for a few days. Stay warm but window open. All the best x"

does tonic water help: quinine is why I am asking?

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I get it too every so often; maybe covid has been around longer than we were told. One time I had a stiff shoulder ; was bad for weeks - you think that could have been long covid ?

merseyside

Not really, I know some yoga moves but not sure if they'd help x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSjsIv5RoM

She knows!"

Yoga exercises are wonderful, don't worry if you can't manage them like you see experts on videos, just try to get into the initial position.

NHS site has good stretching exercises for back pain.

See if there is a local yoga class and give it a whirl, remember everyone had to start at the beginning, explain your symptoms to them.

YouTube has loads of yoga / stretching exercises for specific or general areas of the body, take a peek.

Good luck and have fun.

East London

After four weeks of lower back pain, I was introduced to turmeric with pepper and ginger capsules. I noticed the inflammation go and my back is slowly on the mend . I find when I overdo it with gluten my joints get inflamed

Wishing you all a speedy recovery

Thank you for for sharing your tips

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

It may be your kidneys working hard.

Consider Chiropractic! Works wonders for me

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

Is back pain common with Covid?

Naaaah! SARS-CoV2 is a severe acute respiratory syndrome (hence the acronym) unless you already have muscoskeletal or muscular back pain then your back pain will be exacerbated by your coughing fits.

» Add a new message to this topic