FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Uk gov investigation

Uk gov investigation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyold man OP   Man  over a year ago

barnsley

The uk gov have anounced the findings of the investigation into covid

They say that boris and chums were negligent and contributed to the deaths of thousands by not taking covid seriously and not listening to the experts

As some of you know the morons will still say boris is a verry nice chap.

Eaven though hes contributed to the death of thousands.

Time to change whos in charge

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

I understood it as that they took too much sway from the experts and allowed them to emphasise a "herd immunity" strategy when they should have locked down at the beginning.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Still don’t know anyone to die from this deadly virus

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Still don’t know anyone to die from this deadly virus "

You're very lucky. I know 7.

Cal

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Lost 5 former work colleagues that I know of

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You're very fortunate.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

You obviously don't know many people or you are being intentionally provocative. I know of at least 3 deaths, another 3 who were taken to hospital and at least 1 with long covid.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I know three plus others that are suffering with long covid.

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Same here met literally thousands of customers suppliers etc through work in last 18 months both got large families and not one person dead

A few have tested positive myself included and most of them didn’t even know they had it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The people you know are lucky. You too . I take it that you realise how many have died.

Many of us are still grieving for loved ones that we lost.

The report isn't hard hitting enough for some to grasp the reality that tens of thousands avoidably lost their lives. Herd immunity strategy; releasing infected people into care homes that caused tens of thousands of deaths - but not testing them . That alone should be cause for punishments of the highest order.

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

"The uk gov have anounced the findings of the investigation into covid

They say that boris and chums were negligent and contributed to the deaths of thousands by not taking covid seriously and not listening to the experts

Time to change whos in charge"

To be replaced by...?

"Still don’t know anyone to die from this deadly virus

You obviously don't know many people or you are being intentionally provocative. I know of at least 3 deaths, another 3 who were taken to hospital and at least 1 with long covid."

Not necessarily. I know plenty of people and yet don't know a single person even hospitalsed.

Know plenty who've had it without too much issue.

That said, I certainly don't disbelieve those that have lost people.

The people you know are lucky. You too . I take it that you realise how many have died.

The report isn't hard hitting enough for some to grasp the reality that tens of thousands avoidably lost their lives. Herd immunity strategy; releasing infected people into care homes that caused tens of thousands of deaths - but not testing them . That alone should be cause for punishments of the highest order. "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I know of at least 7 or 8, included my aunt…. And I could point to again another half dozen suffering from long covid and haven’t been the same since they got it……

The report isn't hard hitting enough for some to grasp the reality that tens of thousands avoidably lost their lives. Herd immunity strategy; releasing infected people into care homes that caused tens of thousands of deaths - but not testing them . That alone should be cause for punishments of the highest order. "

Hindsight is wonderful re herd immunity. (The advisors seem to have got that one wrong).

Agree that Discharging into care homes without tests (or known to be +ve) is the biggest disgrace.

Hancock should be prosecuted for manslaughter, not starting a cushy new job at the UN

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

To be replaced by...?"

My vote is to do a Jurassic Park job on Oliver Cromwell. I have a feeling he would be a little bit disappointed with Parliament if he could see what is going on.

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

How lucky are you then.

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

Lucky you I lost an ex gf and few close friends count yourself fortunate.

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

I shouted from rooftops at beginning when folk were released from hospitals without proof those sent to care homes with no proof covid free.

As result 35,000 deaths later. The buck starts and stops with Boris.

Intention being oh they are old they dont matter in essence this is genocide.

Only difference with him and Saddam Hussain is the delivery system of death of own people

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Consider yourself lucky.

I know one person who lost 14 family members, another who lost 6 and we came close to losing someone as well.

Central

"I shouted from rooftops at beginning when folk were released from hospitals without proof those sent to care homes with no proof covid free.

As result 35,000 deaths later. The buck starts and stops with Boris.

Intention being oh they are old they dont matter in essence this is genocide.

Only difference with him and Saddam Hussain is the delivery system of death of own people"

It was the equivalent of a crime against humanity. There was no uncertainty that filling care homes that housed vulnerable people, with people who were infected ir that couldn't even care to ensure were healthy, would lead to rapid infection, as well as to the staff, who were often working at multiple sites - taking it with them.

There was no hindsight needed for this to be known. The government just didn't care to bother at all about it and it was a clear, grave danger at the time

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

"I understood it as that they took too much sway from the experts and allowed them to emphasise a "herd immunity" strategy when they should have locked down at the beginning."

The herd immunity wasn't from the experts, that was from the government.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"I understood it as that they took too much sway from the experts and allowed them to emphasise a "herd immunity" strategy when they should have locked down at the beginning.

The herd immunity wasn't from the experts, that was from the government. "

All the reputable experts said that herd immunity was another name for mass deaths. The government sidelined anyone that they didn't want the message from. They got "herd immunity" from experts only because they chose specifically the experts that they wanted to listen to.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

I’ve read the report and as we all know the government ‘followed the science’ and as the report states the science from SAGE was pretty much a load of bollox all the way through, from herd immunity, not wearing masks to circuit breakers and number of deaths every time the schools opened up !

As for care home deaths, absolute disgrace, but this needs to be put back on the shoulders of the Chief Medical Officer - Whitty !

I’m no fan of Boris, I think his wetting his pants approach to pushing electric cars when there are so many other things in this country that needs sorting out first is a joke, but he has been guided by the likes of Vallance, Whitty and Ferguson throughout this pandemic and to date their expert advice has been proved to be incompetent at best !

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Wasn't it the experts too ? Or do they get a free pass?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"I’ve read the report and as we all know the government ‘followed the science’ and as the report states the science from SAGE was pretty much a load of bollox all the way through, from herd immunity, not wearing masks to circuit breakers and number of deaths every time the schools opened up !

As for care home deaths, absolute disgrace, but this needs to be put back on the shoulders of the Chief Medical Officer - Whitty !

I’m no fan of Boris, I think his wetting his pants approach to pushing electric cars when there are so many other things in this country that needs sorting out first is a joke, but he has been guided by the likes of Vallance, Whitty and Ferguson throughout this pandemic and to date their expert advice has been proved to be incompetent at best ! "

They were led by science instead of being informed by it , big failure of leadership / decision making

Tin town

"I understood it as that they took too much sway from the experts and allowed them to emphasise a "herd immunity" strategy when they should have locked down at the beginning.

The herd immunity wasn't from the experts, that was from the government.

All the reputable experts said that herd immunity was another name for mass deaths. The government sidelined anyone that they didn't want the message from. They got "herd immunity" from experts only because they chose specifically the experts that they wanted to listen to."

Isnt that the case with all experts? Not defending the govt who have been pretty much awful all the way through but some of the "science" opinions have been proven wrong too. There are many players in this and we need to learn how to select better quality advisors. Equally a lot of it didn't require science. Simply common sense around infection control. Don't go to work when you're ill... Cover your mouth when you cough... Wash your hands... Don't put sick people together with well people... Or in other words... Listen to your mum.

Come on then.. Who would you change it to then? Because from where I am looking there’s no one else good enough for the job.

The report isn't hard hitting enough for some to grasp the reality that tens of thousands avoidably lost their lives. Herd immunity strategy; releasing infected people into care homes that caused tens of thousands of deaths - but not testing them . That alone should be cause for punishments of the highest order.

Hindsight is wonderful re herd immunity. (The advisors seem to have got that one wrong).

Agree that Discharging into care homes without tests (or known to be +ve) is the biggest disgrace.

Hancock should be prosecuted for manslaughter, not starting a cushy new job at the UN"

At the UN.....

Good grief

By *alfordLad77Man  over a year ago

Southport

Come on then.. Who would you change it to then? Because from where I am looking there’s no one else good enough for the job. "

Are you looking through blue tinted spectacle by any chance?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Are you a hermit?

teleford

I think the report has all the benefits of hindsight!! You lots of errors were made but I don’t believe any other British government receiving the guidance that was provided would have done very much very differently

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Come on then.. Who would you change it to then? Because from where I am looking there’s no one else good enough for the job.

"

So then it's OK to let 10s of thousands, of people die unnecessarily

If he's all we got then maybe we should close the country...

It's a disgrace.

So why even after vaccination have the highest death rate, at present in Western Europe

Get a grip this is, absolute disgrace how you can try and defend him.

Fireman Sam could do a better job.

Worries me you believe this is ok

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Are you a hermit?"

No he’s ignorant… probably a denier and think the whole thing is a conspiracy by the Illuminati.

I’m into double figures of people I know who have died and if it wasn’t for forum rules I’d be very specific in my response to him… probably resulting in a lifetime ban

By *alfordLad77Man  over a year ago

Southport

So then it's OK to let 10s of thousands, of people die unnecessarily

If he's all we got then maybe we should close the country...

It's a disgrace.

So why even after vaccination have the highest death rate, at present in Western Europe

Get a grip this is, absolute disgrace how you can try and defend him.

Fireman Sam could do a better job.

Worries me you believe this is ok"

I think you've quoted the wrong guy mate.

Not sure that should be aimed at me.....

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

You think it would of been different if somebody else was in charge? They would still have been taking advice from the same scientists and advisors?

From what I have been reading this report indicates that the govt followed scientific advice from SAGE maybe too reverentially in the beginning?

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Are you a hermit?

No he’s ignorant… probably a denier and think the whole thing is a conspiracy by the Illuminati.

I’m into double figures of people I know who have died and if it wasn’t for forum rules I’d be very specific in my response to him… probably resulting in a lifetime ban"

Why would he be ignorant and a denier?

I don't know of anyone around me who has passed from covid.

Is this the new form of shaming?

If you don't know anyone who has personally passed from covid, that automatically makes you a denier and conspirasist.

Are you a hermit?

I’m into double figures of people I know who have died and if it wasn’t for forum rules I’d be very specific in my response to him… probably resulting in a lifetime ban

If you don't know anyone who has personally passed from covid, that automatically makes you a denier and conspirasist.

"

Spot on, it's ridiculous.

138,000 out of a population of 67 million have died in the UK.

That's just over one death for every 500 people so it's kind of obvious that many people will not know anyone that's died.

I'm one of them. I'm not trying to wind anyone up, neither am I denying the figures.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Are you a hermit?"

We don't know anyone who has died from it either. I have known people to have it but not died from it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Are you a hermit?

I’m into double figures of people I know who have died and if it wasn’t for forum rules I’d be very specific in my response to him… probably resulting in a lifetime ban"

Wise not to

For info, we don't know anyone personally who has died from it either

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can I remind people that you shouldn't attack people on the forum. If you can't keep calm when replying or have to attack people please don't post at all

I dont know anyone either...

Not sure why this post has wound some up, but it's taken the shine off the OPs post.

Which technically was about the choices the Government made about covid

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I wonder how long a period has to have passed before we are allowed to start using the “hindsight” thing as a whataboutery excuse?

I mean at frequent stages throughout this pandemic since March 2020 there have been significant warnings about a course of action the Govt was set on that the Govt chose to ignore.

Even a layperson could see that discharging untested ill people into care homes was going to end in disaster.

This is incompetence and negligence on an unprecedented scale.

The ONLY reason we have this bunch of self serving criminals in Govt with an unassailable 80 seat majority (ergo lack of proper oversight and deterrent) is due to Brexit. Many people voted this bunch of crooks in on a single issue without any consideration to what else they would do (and that was before we knew about Covid). Well you got the govt you deserve and these are the consequences.

Manchester (she/her)

"I wonder how long a period has to have passed before we are allowed to start using the “hindsight” thing as a whataboutery excuse?

I mean at frequent stages throughout this pandemic since March 2020 there have been significant warnings about a course of action the Govt was set on that the Govt chose to ignore.

Even a layperson could see that discharging untested ill people into care homes was going to end in disaster.

The ONLY reason we have this bunch of self serving criminals in Govt with an unassailable 80 seat majority (ergo lack of proper oversight and deterrent) is due to Brexit. Many people voted this bunch of crooks in on a single issue without any consideration to what else they would do (and that was before we knew about Covid). Well you got the govt you deserve and these are the consequences."

"I wonder how long a period has to have passed before we are allowed to start using the “hindsight” thing as a whataboutery excuse?

The ONLY reason we have this bunch of self serving criminals in Govt with an unassailable 80 seat majority (ergo lack of proper oversight and deterrent) is due to Brexit. Many people voted this bunch of crooks in on a single issue without any consideration to what else they would do (and that was before we knew about Covid). Well you got the govt you deserve and these are the consequences."

Mr Cock stood in parliament January and expressed 'sincerely' there was no need to worry, they had everything they needed, PPE etc. If covid came our way, we would be able to manage it.

Saw that particular quote taken from parliament on the telly yesterday.

Central

"I’ve read the report and as we all know the government ‘followed the science’ and as the report states the science from SAGE was pretty much a load of bollox all the way through, from herd immunity, not wearing masks to circuit breakers and number of deaths every time the schools opened up !

I’m no fan of Boris, I think his wetting his pants approach to pushing electric cars when there are so many other things in this country that needs sorting out first is a joke, but he has been guided by the likes of Vallance, Whitty and Ferguson throughout this pandemic and to date their expert advice has been proved to be incompetent at best !

They were led by science instead of being informed by it , big failure of leadership / decision making "

They have said that they were led by science but that's not the case. They received impartial data from science and did what they wanted.

The 'led by science' was a useful scapegoating tactic. Politicians used science to try to get off the hook. More fool any of us that try to buy into that nonsense. The scientific data providers were like the dietary data on foods - it has never caused us to buy and scoff it.

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Are you a hermit?

"

It’s not not knowing anyone. It’s the wording. The use of the words “deadly virus” seem to imply to me he doesn’t quite believe it’s a serious issue… which, if that was his intention, I find ignorant. If it wasn’t then I’d urge him to word it differently. I’m sure lots of people are lucky enough to not know people who had died from it. I wouldn’t have called them out on being lucky

Sorry you dnt know anyone who died from this deadly virus. Do you mean personally know? Please clarify. Because I definitely do

Manchester (she/her)

They were led by science instead of being informed by it , big failure of leadership / decision making

They have said that they were led by science but that's not the case. They received impartial data from science and did what they wanted.

The 'led by science' was a useful scapegoating tactic. Politicians used science to try to get off the hook. More fool any of us that try to buy into that nonsense. The scientific data providers were like the dietary data on foods - it has never caused us to buy and scoff it. "

The only ones they'll allow to escape "personal responsibility" is themselves

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

That's not surprising considering its killed 130k which is 0.12% of the population, considering the bias towards the elderly (they make up 82% of deaths) if you don't know many elderly you'd be extremely lucky or unlucky depending on how you view it to know anybody.

Leeds

160k dead on death cert.

130 was stat fiddle within 28 days,

Leeds

Do you think 160k and climbing by 3k a month good outcome

They were led by science instead of being informed by it , big failure of leadership / decision making "

Wasn’t it “the science” like it can’t be argued with although many professionals in respective areas were coming out stating otherwise. When this happens and people of science or certain people of science then it’s nothing short of scientism.

Let’s not forget Matty boys massive link to midozolam and it’s use to the old and infirm. But hey none of these people have an interest in euthanasia, honest guv.

Leeds

Mizolam what is, itt

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I understood it as that they took too much sway from the experts and allowed them to emphasise a "herd immunity" strategy when they should have locked down at the beginning."

Hang on. Didn't a lot, I mean a lot, wanted to go down the herd immunity way. So now we find out herd immunity didn't work, all those said people who wanted herd immunity are blaming borris because that didn't work. Thank goodness for the vaccine as so many people just wouldn't social distance when needed to and went about their daily life like covid was just flu. We lost family members to covid,just like thousands around the world not just Britain.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Wasn’t it “the science” like it can’t be argued with although many professionals in respective areas were coming out stating otherwise. When this happens and people of science or certain people of science then it’s nothing short of scientism.

Let’s not forget Matty boys massive link to midozolam and it’s use to the old and infirm. But hey none of these people have an interest in euthanasia, honest guv. "

Exactly. There is a respective report on the usage and side effects. I will see if I can dig up the link.

Central

Let’s not forget Matty boys massive link to midozolam and it’s use to the old and infirm. But hey none of these people have an interest in euthanasia, honest guv. "

The problem for some of those people who don't work within scientific research, they don't have the fuller understanding of the scientific method. They often assume that there will be complete facts known and they don't grasp the uncertainty that exists or understand probability very much, if at all.

The science will 'say' many things, with a growing evidence base over time. It's data and has no opinion in and of itself.

The politicians job is to understand the evidence and to interpret it and form pilicy based on the essential need to protect and serve the public.

Don't be fooled by those who will eagerly pass the buck, especially under the smokescreen of things being too complicated for us to understand.

Cal"

You know 7 people that have died from underlying health issues, coupled with a mixture of covid

Disastrous for the care homes and the families of the people in there, not so disastrous for Hancock’s Pharma company, and the mates he handed PPE contracts out to..worked out decent for them

Manchester (she/her)

Cal

You know 7 people that have died from underlying health issues, coupled with a mixture of covid"

I find it pretty rude to tell someone about the way in which people they know died. Please have some respect.

Stockport

Cal

You know 7 people that have died from underlying health issues, coupled with a mixture of covid"

That would be 7 people that are only dead now because of the SARS-CoV-2 virus being rampant in this country, who might well have had many years of life left otherwise.

It is really fucking annoying to keep reading this victim blaming shit. "They only died because they had inferior health". That's what you are actually saying. Just fucking stop it. Millions of people have died across the world, well over 130 thousand in this country alone, people who leave behind devasted relatives and friends, people who might well have still been alive if it wasn't for the assholes that don't give a shit because "it only kills people that are unhealthy".

Just please stop fucking disrespecting everyone that have died because of this horrible disease, stop disrespecting all the mourning families and friends. Just stop.

crewe

"160k dead on death cert.

130 was stat fiddle within 28 days, "

I think it's all dubious seen as less than 0.01% have been autopsied for cause of death.

It's 112k if you go off the above average figure, media loved that figure when it was the highest.

Cal

You know 7 people that have died from underlying health issues, coupled with a mixture of covid

I find it pretty rude to tell someone about the way in which people they know died. Please have some respect."

The truth often hurts

Manchester (she/her)

Cal

I find it pretty rude to tell someone about the way in which people they know died. Please have some respect.

The truth often hurts"

Oh? How do you know how these people died?

Are you a) spewing a line fed to you by the sources you read, because you know nothing about these people, or b) in contravention of patient privacy in revealing their medical information?

Cal

The truth often hurts"

What do you mean by coupled ?

Cal

That would be 7 people that are only dead now because of the SARS-CoV-2 virus being rampant in this country, who might well have had many years of life left otherwise.

It is really fucking annoying to keep reading this victim blaming shit. "They only died because they had inferior health". That's what you are actually saying. Just fucking stop it. Millions of people have died across the world, well over 130 thousand in this country alone, people who leave behind devasted relatives and friends, people who might well have still been alive if it wasn't for the assholes that don't give a shit because "it only kills people that are unhealthy".

Just please stop fucking disrespecting everyone that have died because of this horrible disease, stop disrespecting all the mourning families and friends. Just stop."

I am allowed my opinion, and mine is based on what I have seen with my own eyes

Cal

The truth often hurts

What do you mean by coupled ? "

Well these people were able to live with their underlying condition, but when covid is added to the mix the immune system fails. With no underlying issue you have a 0.005% chance of death….you have more chance of being killed by a rouge kipper basically

Cal

The truth often hurts

Are you a) spewing a line fed to you by the sources you read, because you know nothing about these people, or b) in contravention of patient privacy in revealing their medical information?"

Are you a) spewing a line fed to you by the sources you read, because you know nothing about these people…..I DO NOT WORK FOR THE BBC lol

Manchester (she/her)

Cal

The truth often hurts

Are you a) spewing a line fed to you by the sources you read, because you know nothing about these people, or b) in contravention of patient privacy in revealing their medical information?

Are you a) spewing a line fed to you by the sources you read, because you know nothing about these people…..I DO NOT WORK FOR THE BBC lol"

A source is any place from which you get information. It's not exclusive to journalism or the BBC. For example, when I found out that South Australia was a province before the federation of Australia, my source was Wikipedia. (It wasn't for anything important)

Cal

The truth often hurts

Are you a) spewing a line fed to you by the sources you read, because you know nothing about these people…..I DO NOT WORK FOR THE BBC lol

A source is any place from which you get information. It's not exclusive to journalism or the BBC. For example, when I found out that South Australia was a province before the federation of Australia, my source was Wikipedia. (It wasn't for anything important)"

There are so many ways to find information, but it boils down to what you believe. From my experience I believe that covid has been blown out of proportion in order to make us acquiesce to the mainstream media’s narrative to suit the new world orders of vaccination programming, taking away our rights and divide the people so they are easier to control. But that’s just me

Central

[Removed by poster at 13/10/21 16:48:46]

Central

Cal

What an unfounded statement to pass to someone is grieving for such loss

Manchester (she/her)

Cal

The truth often hurts

A source is any place from which you get information. It's not exclusive to journalism or the BBC. For example, when I found out that South Australia was a province before the federation of Australia, my source was Wikipedia. (It wasn't for anything important)

There are so many ways to find information, but it boils down to what you believe. From my experience I believe that covid has been blown out of proportion in order to make us acquiesce to the mainstream media’s narrative to suit the new world orders of vaccination programming, taking away our rights and divide the people so they are easier to control. But that’s just me "

So you believe that and are therefore willing to minimise the loss of seven people? You're willing to declare that you know how these people died?

I think that's quite gauche. But that's just me.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Cal

The truth often hurts

Well these people were able to live with their underlying condition, but when covid is added to the mix the immune system fails. With no underlying issue you have a 0.005% chance of death….you have more chance of being killed by a rouge kipper basically "

A rouge kipper? Ah, a red herring, how appropriate.

I'd say that if you get covid your chance of death is rather higher than what you mention.

Stockport

Cal

Just please stop fucking disrespecting everyone that have died because of this horrible disease, stop disrespecting all the mourning families and friends. Just stop.

I am allowed my opinion, and mine is based on what I have seen with my own eyes "

You base your opinion on what you have closed your eyes against. It's an opinion that is disrespectful to the dead. You are allowed to hold that opinion. I am allowed to think that I'm glad that I avoid people who hold opinions such as that.

Cal

What an unfounded statement to pass to someone is grieving for such loss "

Care to elaborate?

Cal

The truth often hurts

There are so many ways to find information, but it boils down to what you believe. From my experience I believe that covid has been blown out of proportion in order to make us acquiesce to the mainstream media’s narrative to suit the new world orders of vaccination programming, taking away our rights and divide the people so they are easier to control. But that’s just me

So you believe that and are therefore willing to minimise the loss of seven people? You're willing to declare that you know how these people died?

I think that's quite gauche. But that's just me. "

Other people are allowed to have an opinion and guess what, it is allowed to be different from your own

Cal

The truth often hurts

Well these people were able to live with their underlying condition, but when covid is added to the mix the immune system fails. With no underlying issue you have a 0.005% chance of death….you have more chance of being killed by a rouge kipper basically

A rouge kipper? Ah, a red herring, how appropriate.

I'd say that if you get covid your chance of death is rather higher than what you mention."

Based on what exactly?

Cal

The truth often hurts

Well these people were able to live with their underlying condition, but when covid is added to the mix the immune system fails. With no underlying issue you have a 0.005% chance of death….you have more chance of being killed by a rouge kipper basically "

thanks. So covid was kinda like the gasoline on a small flame. I suspect many people also agree that covid and coexisting morbidities are the perfect storm. I'm not sure what that adds to this conversation tho.

I'm lucky, I have very little ancedotal evidence, but those I have seen hospitalised were fairly fit guys. Apparently one long term resident in the covid department was an ultra runner....

And thats my concern. On balance I have a good chance of survival. But the idea of losing some fitness / breathing ability would be life changing for me. So I will seek to minimise this as much as dying.

Stockport

Cal

The truth often hurts

Well these people were able to live with their underlying condition, but when covid is added to the mix the immune system fails. With no underlying issue you have a 0.005% chance of death….you have more chance of being killed by a rouge kipper basically thanks. So covid was kinda like the gasoline on a small flame. I suspect many people also agree that covid and coexisting morbidities are the perfect storm. I'm not sure what that adds to this conversation tho.

I'm lucky, I have very little ancedotal evidence, but those I have seen hospitalised were fairly fit guys. Apparently one long term resident in the covid department was an ultra runner....

And thats my concern. On balance I have a good chance of survival. But the idea of losing some fitness / breathing ability would be life changing for me. So I will seek to minimise this as much as dying.

"

I reckon that the main thing he needs to worry about is the 130,000 families that would be liable to stop him breathing if he spoke that bullshit to their faces...

Manchester (she/her)

Cal

The truth often hurts

Other people are allowed to have an opinion and guess what, it is allowed to be different from your own"

Please point to where I said you couldn't have an opinion.

I am merely expressing an opinion about your opinion.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cal

The truth often hurts"

Do you know the people they are talking about ?

crewe

"160k dead on death cert.

130 was stat fiddle within 28 days, .

I think it's all dubious seen as less than 0.01% have been autopsied for cause of death.

It's 112k if you go off the above average figure, media loved that figure when it was the highest."

Even if we take your 160k as gospel it still remains 1 in every what... 450 people and as I stated 84% of deaths are in the 80+ category meaning if you don't know many elderly your chance of knowing somebody who's died of it is around 1 in 9000!.

So my point to the chap who said he doesn't know anybody was that's not that surprising given his age.

Cal

The truth often hurts

Well these people were able to live with their underlying condition, but when covid is added to the mix the immune system fails. With no underlying issue you have a 0.005% chance of death….you have more chance of being killed by a rouge kipper basically thanks. So covid was kinda like the gasoline on a small flame. I suspect many people also agree that covid and coexisting morbidities are the perfect storm. I'm not sure what that adds to this conversation tho.

"

Good for you

Cal

The truth often hurts

I reckon that the main thing he needs to worry about is the 130,000 families that would be liable to stop him breathing if he spoke that bullshit to their faces..."

Because I have an opinion different to yours I deserve to die?

Cal

The truth often hurts

Other people are allowed to have an opinion and guess what, it is allowed to be different from your own

Please point to where I said you couldn't have an opinion.

I am merely expressing an opinion about your opinion."

Noted

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you know the people they are talking about ?"

No I don’t actually, but covid infection has a super high survival rate…..drum roll please…unless you have underlying health issues. Phew, this is hard work

"Doh, done it again. Visited the virus section to see people disrespecting folk like us who have lost loved ones. What is it with these deeply disrespecting people who seem to know it all and are blind to the world around us of all the people who have died. Just unbelievable. We have spent years avoiding folk like this and removing them from our life when we hear the shite that comes out of their mouths, we say again, unbelievable"

I’m sorry for your loss

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cal

The truth often hurts

No I don’t actually, but covid infection has a super high survival rate…..drum roll please…unless you have underlying health issues. Phew, this is hard work

"

Then your comment of " the truth often hurts" is not true at all. For info there are lots of people who died of covid without any previous health conditions

Cal

The truth often hurts

Then your comment of " the truth often hurts" is not true at all. For info there are lots of people who died of covid without any previous health conditions

"

Do you have numbers?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?"

Do you?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?"

To be fair though, just because someone has a pre existing condition doesn't mean they were going to fall down dead any time soon, passing off deaths as well "they were sick anyway" is not really a good look

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Nice (ie not nice) to see the Virus threads as full of vitriol and bollocks as usual.

While everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, common decency and courtesy would dictate being a little more considerate in how you explain yourself.

All Lives Matter

That includes the 90yr old great grandparent who may only have had another 6mths but I am sure the entire family and themselves would have cherished that 6mths!

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?"

It’s around the 800 mark, so that’s around 0.6%. So as I have said, if you have NO underlying health issues you are quite safe. If not, it is risky.

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

To be fair though, just because someone has a pre existing condition doesn't mean they were going to fall down dead any time soon, passing off deaths as well "they were sick anyway" is not really a good look "

100% agreed, but the gov and WHO are the ones doing this, and you have to ask why? Or am I being disrespectful for that too?

"Nice (ie not nice) to see the Virus threads as full of vitriol and bollocks as usual.

While everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, common decency and courtesy would dictate being a little more considerate in how you explain yourself.

All Lives Matter

That includes the 90yr old great grandparent who may only have had another 6mths but I am sure the entire family and themselves would have cherished that 6mths!"

Nobody has said that it’s not a sad loss of life, precious memories and love. I’m just clearly highlighting that for people with no underlying health issues that if you caught covid, your survival rate is up in the 97/98/99% chance. Correct me if I’m wrong

By *ocGMan  over a year ago

Leicesters

seen far too many die, particularly in the first wave when the pathology was so unpredictable

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Nice (ie not nice) to see the Virus threads as full of vitriol and bollocks as usual.

All Lives Matter

That includes the 90yr old great grandparent who may only have had another 6mths but I am sure the entire family and themselves would have cherished that 6mths!

Nobody has said that it’s not a sad loss of life, precious memories and love. I’m just clearly highlighting that for people with no underlying health issues that if you caught covid, your survival rate is up in the 97/98/99% chance. Correct me if I’m wrong"

But what about undiagnosed issues that you may not know about ?

Just throwing it out there

By *ocGMan  over a year ago

Leicesters

Interesting take, based on the evidence the scientific community were in favour of locking down earlier by raising the threat level attending cobra meetings etc. It was a political decision to delay isolation/lockdown

All Lives Matter

Nobody has said that it’s not a sad loss of life, precious memories and love. I’m just clearly highlighting that for people with no underlying health issues that if you caught covid, your survival rate is up in the 97/98/99% chance. Correct me if I’m wrong

But what about undiagnosed issues that you may not know about ?

Just throwing it out there "

That would have to be factored in, I’m really not a numbers person but can’t help but feel the gov inflated numbers to increase fear. Again just my opinion

By *lackbill2Man  over a year ago

London

Estimates vary slightly but the overall covid survival rate is around 99.7%. Within this the risk of dying 'with' covid is highly stratified according to age and underlying medical conditions. I suspect there's going to be hell to pay when the dust settles and people pick over the bones of what's happened (and not happened).

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

It’s around the 800 mark, so that’s around 0.6%. So as I have said, if you have NO underlying health issues you are quite safe. If not, it is risky. "

I think you will find it is more than that

Just from March to June 2020 alone there was 4,476 which was 8.9%

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

To be fair though, just because someone has a pre existing condition doesn't mean they were going to fall down dead any time soon, passing off deaths as well "they were sick anyway" is not really a good look

100% agreed, but the gov and WHO are the ones doing this, and you have to ask why? Or am I being disrespectful for that too?"

I didn't say you were being disrespectful.

I said your statement of "The truth often hurts" wasn't the truth as you claimed. You couldn't possibly know either way.

I think there are a lot of people including you who sound like they are saying "it's ok, they had conditions before"

Stockport

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

100% agreed, but the gov and WHO are the ones doing this, and you have to ask why? Or am I being disrespectful for that too?"

You are being disrespectful for your original statement, direct quote "You know 7 people that have died from underlying health issues, coupled with a mixture of covid", when you know absolutely nothing about the people who have died. Your whole tone and intent is to trivialise the impact that covid has had upon many thousands of families.

All the 130 thousand that have been killed by covid in this country over the last 20 months would have enjoyed a longer lifespan, regardless of whether they had any underlying conditions or not. Not one of them would have died at the time they did if they had not contracted covid. Some might have had as little as a few days longer, some would still be alive and potentially have years left. All would have a better death than drowning slowly in their own bodily fluids, unable to touch their loved ones.

The entire and total reason why covid has spread so much in this country is because of the number of people (at all levels from the Prime Minister Boris Johnson down to the general public) who have throughout minimised the danger of the SARS-Cov-2 virus, most often by saying things such as "it only kills old people" or "it only kills people with existing conditions", thus encouraging a general attitude of uncaring and disregard for preventative measures.

There are people reading this very thread who have lost loved ones to covid, you are being disrespectful to them.

There were members of fab who are no longer with us, you are being disrespectful to them.

If you are unable to show respect to the dead, please do not say anything at all.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

100% agreed, but the gov and WHO are the ones doing this, and you have to ask why? Or am I being disrespectful for that too?

You are being disrespectful for your original statement, direct quote "You know 7 people that have died from underlying health issues, coupled with a mixture of covid", when you know absolutely nothing about the people who have died. Your whole tone and intent is to trivialise the impact that covid has had upon many thousands of families.

All the 130 thousand that have been killed by covid in this country over the last 20 months would have enjoyed a longer lifespan, regardless of whether they had any underlying conditions or not. Not one of them would have died at the time they did if they had not contracted covid. Some might have had as little as a few days longer, some would still be alive and potentially have years left. All would have a better death than drowning slowly in their own bodily fluids, unable to touch their loved ones.

The entire and total reason why covid has spread so much in this country is because of the number of people (at all levels from the Prime Minister Boris Johnson down to the general public) who have throughout minimised the danger of the SARS-Cov-2 virus, most often by saying things such as "it only kills old people" or "it only kills people with existing conditions", thus encouraging a general attitude of uncaring and disregard for preventative measures.

There are people reading this very thread who have lost loved ones to covid, you are being disrespectful to them.

There were members of fab who are no longer with us, you are being disrespectful to them.

If you are unable to show respect to the dead, please do not say anything at all."

"Estimates vary slightly but the overall covid survival rate is around 99.7%. Within this the risk of dying 'with' covid is highly stratified according to age and underlying medical conditions. I suspect there's going to be hell to pay when the dust settles and people pick over the bones of what's happened (and not happened). "

This guy gets it

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

It’s around the 800 mark, so that’s around 0.6%. So as I have said, if you have NO underlying health issues you are quite safe. If not, it is risky.

Just from March to June 2020 alone there was 4,476 which was 8.9%"

4476 people with no underlying health issues in those months? What source was used for that?

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

4476 people with no underlying health issues in those months? What source was used for that?"

I've found "deaths involving covid-19, England and Wales" on ONS and tied it up. (Table 6a). Tho make it 10pc of deaths.

But that is skewed. If you are below 50 it's c 30pc of deaths have no pre existing conditions.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cal

The truth often hurts

Do you have numbers?

Do you?

4476 people with no underlying health issues in those months? What source was used for that?"

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/ukcovid19deathsbyagewithnounderlyingconditions

By *rShadowBHMan  over a year ago

Nowhere/everywhere

"

There are so many ways to find information, but it boils down to what you believe. From my experience I believe that covid has been blown out of proportion in order to make us acquiesce to the mainstream media’s narrative to suit the new world orders of vaccination programming, taking away our rights and divide the people so they are easier to control. But that’s just me "

And this tells us all we need to know about this poster.

"

And this tells us all we need to know about this poster. "

I’d agree, they have evidently looked outside of the mainstream narrative and can see what is blatantly clear. The naysayers will only admit the shit they cling to was possibly wrong when the time comes to pass. By that time it will be too late if the questioners were correct.

Leeds

One death is to many.

To a family its devastating

These are, additional deaths

People have died who are not classed as vulnerable

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Come on then.. Who would you change it to then? Because from where I am looking there’s no one else good enough for the job. "

And Boris is?

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

Hindsight is easy Anyone remember Cheltenham and Madrid and recall saying AT THE TIME it shouldn’t happen

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Hindsight is easy Anyone remember Cheltenham and Madrid and recall saying AT THE TIME it shouldn’t happen "

Yup I could not believe that they were still going to do Cheltenham or the football

The organisers were just as guilty of negligence

Tin town

"Hindsight is easy Anyone remember Cheltenham and Madrid and recall saying AT THE TIME it shouldn’t happen

Yup I could not believe that they were still going to do Cheltenham or the football

The organisers were just as guilty of negligence "

Weren't people also flying out to Italy for their skiing in Feb and March... And back in April may etc...

"

I’d agree, they have evidently looked outside of the mainstream narrative and can see what is blatantly clear. The naysayers will only admit the shit they cling to was possibly wrong when the time comes to pass. By that time it will be too late if the questioners were correct. "

What do you mean by blown up out of proportion? Are you saying there aren't the deaths etc? Or the response to this number of deaths was disproportionate.

What is your view of how many deaths there would be in a world without lockdown and vaccines ?

Central

[Removed by poster at 14/10/21 12:24:34]

Central

[Removed by poster at 14/10/21 12:24:13]

Central

"

I’d agree, they have evidently looked outside of the mainstream narrative and can see what is blatantly clear. The naysayers will only admit the shit they cling to was possibly wrong when the time comes to pass. By that time it will be too late if the questioners were correct.

What do you mean by blown up out of proportion? Are you saying there aren't the deaths etc? Or the response to this number of deaths was disproportionate.

What is your view of how many deaths there would be in a world without lockdown and vaccines ?"

There are a minority of people who appear uncaring of the harms and distress that others have faced, seemingly somewhat devoid of empathy, having a pathological grandiose ego and dismissive of the importance of us all vaccinating or taking collective actions to dominish the spread of this virus. They seem intent on pushing an ethos that holds them as superior, with their sheep knowing the 'truth' and willingly being dismissive of intelligent debate of the people who aren't sheep like them.

During the first few months of the pandemic, people lost an average of 10 years of life. Such an atrocious lack of a substantial portion of life, which was caused for many by being in the wrong place at the wrong time - people being untested but infectious, when placed in care homes etc. Some are too eager to dismiss such monumental losses, c. 10 years of life per person, by their insistence on sidetracking towards talk of the like of less than 1% fatalities etc, speaks volumes of their sheep's plan. Such outlooks are scary, often promulgated via their social media group think.

By *rShadowBHMan  over a year ago

Nowhere/everywhere

"

I’d agree, they have evidently looked outside of the mainstream narrative and can see what is blatantly clear. The naysayers will only admit the shit they cling to was possibly wrong when the time comes to pass. By that time it will be too late if the questioners were correct. "

Nonsense, they've parroted some conspiracy junk from dubious sources without the ability to appraise the material. Their experience of epidemiology seems to be limited to dividing one number by another and multiplying by 100.

You're not the free-thinkers you'd like to think you are. You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

If it's "blatantly clear" then please submit your manuscript to Nature.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Nonsense, they've parroted some conspiracy junk from dubious sources without the ability to appraise the material. Their experience of epidemiology seems to be limited to dividing one number by another and multiplying by 100.

You're not the free-thinkers you'd like to think you are. You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

If it's "blatantly clear" then please submit your manuscript to Nature."

The idea that beliefs trump quality of evidence and sources blows my mind.

I'd like to believe that Pericles fought Julius Caesar with friggin' light sabers.

The fact that that's cool and I really believe - that trumps the huge amounts of evidence that they lived hundreds of years apart, right? Thucydides and Cicero just ruin my fun. Fake news

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Me neither. I know only 4 people that have had it.

Of that 4, only 2 had symptoms. The other 2 had simply failed a coronavirus test but displayed no symptoms whatsoever and suspected that the test was faulty

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Of that 4, only 2 had symptoms. The other 2 had simply failed a coronavirus test but displayed no symptoms whatsoever and suspected that the test was faulty"

You’re very lucky then

Spain, Lancs

There has been incompetence from beginning to end from almost the entire political, media and bureaucratic class

Central

Of that 4, only 2 had symptoms. The other 2 had simply failed a coronavirus test but displayed no symptoms whatsoever and suspected that the test was faulty"

At least you know that this is a deadly disease and that you've gained so much freedom and improved health by the highly effective vaccines. So lucky to be alive

Central

"There has been incompetence from beginning to end from almost the entire political, media and bureaucratic class"

Not to forget the atrocious social media and other sources pushing an agenda against vaccines and intelligent measures to reduce the deadly impact on us all, with the antivax etc lot who have caused immeasurable catastrophic harm and loss

Manchester (she/her)

Of that 4, only 2 had symptoms. The other 2 had simply failed a coronavirus test but displayed no symptoms whatsoever and suspected that the test was faulty

At least you know that this is a deadly disease and that you've gained so much freedom and improved health by the highly effective vaccines. So lucky to be alive "

Absolutely. The vaccines have returned our quality of life without utter carnage in our health systems

Spain, Lancs

At least you know that this is a deadly disease and that you've gained so much freedom and improved health by the highly effective vaccines. So lucky to be alive "

I don't know that. Flu is also deadly as are other ailments

One good friend died from it, and I had it. Six weeks of misery and fatigue.

Spain, Lancs

"There has been incompetence from beginning to end from almost the entire political, media and bureaucratic class

Not to forget the atrocious social media and other sources pushing an agenda against vaccines and intelligent measures to reduce the deadly impact on us all, with the antivax etc lot who have caused immeasurable catastrophic harm and loss "

No-one is 'antivax'. Lots of people think there are many questions that remain to be asked about these vaccines and about the official 'line' being propagated by government and media

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

"There has been incompetence from beginning to end from almost the entire political, media and bureaucratic class

Not to forget the atrocious social media and other sources pushing an agenda against vaccines and intelligent measures to reduce the deadly impact on us all, with the antivax etc lot who have caused immeasurable catastrophic harm and loss "

“Immeasurable catastrophic harm and loss”

And it’s all the fault of a small handful of people not keen on getting a jab eh?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Boris is an idiot but he's an elected idiot.

Therefore it's down to the voters to replace him at the next election.

Last time it was a free hit for him as the opposition was so poor that even an idiot could win.

The great thing about democracy is that the people decide, the bad thing is that the people decide and it might not be who you would like.

Central

At least you know that this is a deadly disease and that you've gained so much freedom and improved health by the highly effective vaccines. So lucky to be alive

I don't know that. Flu is also deadly as are other ailments"

Unless you are still under lockdown, you do know that. You also have full access to the results of Stage 3 Trials at the vaccines as well as the serious illness and death levels, which have been reduced because of the vaccines. You can try to play Let's Pretend, feigning ignorance of the real world, or come into it, out of the sheep

Central

Not to forget the atrocious social media and other sources pushing an agenda against vaccines and intelligent measures to reduce the deadly impact on us all, with the antivax etc lot who have caused immeasurable catastrophic harm and loss

And it’s all the fault of a small handful of people not keen on getting a jab eh? "

A strange conclusion that ignores the harm the antivax lot have done

Central

No-one is 'antivax'. Lots of people think there are many questions that remain to be asked about these vaccines and about the official 'line' being propagated by government and media"

There are antivax pushers, irrespective of some who may have some questions.

People may also have questions but instead decided to choose against keeping restrictions for even longer and to use the only other intelligent tool that we have, the highly effective vaccines

Some hide away and pretend behind strawman arguments of 'questions', the likes of which are impossible to answer, which is why they have chosen their pretend questions. You’ll find these people are not involved, or interested in, scientific research and unsurprisingly have had no other questions whatsoever. There's no track record of scientific discourse and the so-called questions are pulled from the antivax social media and sites and don't differ. It's no surprise when the sheep are in that flock.

Spain, Lancs

I don't know that. Flu is also deadly as are other ailments

Unless you are still under lockdown, you do know that. You also have full access to the results of Stage 3 Trials at the vaccines as well as the serious illness and death levels, which have been reduced because of the vaccines. You can try to play Let's Pretend, feigning ignorance of the real world, or come into it, out of the sheep "

Please try to stop personal abuse. It doesn't add to the argument

Spain, Lancs

No-one is 'antivax'. Lots of people think there are many questions that remain to be asked about these vaccines and about the official 'line' being propagated by government and media

People may also have questions but instead decided to choose against keeping restrictions for even longer and to use the only other intelligent tool that we have, the highly effective vaccines

Some hide away and pretend behind strawman arguments of 'questions', the likes of which are impossible to answer, which is why they have chosen their pretend questions. You’ll find these people are not involved, or interested in, scientific research and unsurprisingly have had no other questions whatsoever. There's no track record of scientific discourse and the so-called questions are pulled from the antivax social media and sites and don't differ. It's no surprise when the sheep are in that flock. "

To question the official approach is the sign of an intelligent person. To repeat, sheep like, what you have been told to believe, isn't.

What even is an 'anti-vax pusher'?

The questions have been asked many times. There have been few, if any, answers.

They are not 'pretend questions' and it is a lowdown tactic to imply they are.

You need to stop abusing people you disagree with. No-one has abused you

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

And it’s all the fault of a small handful of people not keen on getting a jab eh?

A strange conclusion that ignores the harm the antivax lot have done "

What’s even stranger is you seem so insistent that any and all Covid related damage is the fault of people who do not wish to be jabbed. My workplace has had more vaccine related absences in the last 6 months than covid related absences since March 2020. But I guess that’s alright though because “it means the jab is working” or something like that.

"

What is your view of how many deaths there would be in a world without lockdown and vaccines ?

There are a minority of people who appear uncaring of the harms and distress that others have faced, seemingly somewhat devoid of empathy, having a pathological grandiose ego and dismissive of the importance of us all vaccinating or taking collective actions to dominish the spread of this virus. They seem intent on pushing an ethos that holds them as superior, with their sheep knowing the 'truth' and willingly being dismissive of intelligent debate of the people who aren't sheep like them.

During the first few months of the pandemic, people lost an average of 10 years of life. Such an atrocious lack of a substantial portion of life, which was caused for many by being in the wrong place at the wrong time - people being untested but infectious, when placed in care homes etc. Some are too eager to dismiss such monumental losses, c. 10 years of life per person, by their insistence on sidetracking towards talk of the like of less than 1% fatalities etc, speaks volumes of their sheep's plan. Such outlooks are scary, often promulgated via their social media group think. "

Baa Baa

Manchester (she/her)

"

During the first few months of the pandemic, people lost an average of 10 years of life. Such an atrocious lack of a substantial portion of life, which was caused for many by being in the wrong place at the wrong time - people being untested but infectious, when placed in care homes etc. Some are too eager to dismiss such monumental losses, c. 10 years of life per person, by their insistence on sidetracking towards talk of the like of less than 1% fatalities etc, speaks volumes of their sheep's plan. Such outlooks are scary, often promulgated via their social media group think.

Baa Baa"

Is that a substantive comment, or are you name calling because you disagree with someone?

"

During the first few months of the pandemic, people lost an average of 10 years of life. Such an atrocious lack of a substantial portion of life, which was caused for many by being in the wrong place at the wrong time - people being untested but infectious, when placed in care homes etc. Some are too eager to dismiss such monumental losses, c. 10 years of life per person, by their insistence on sidetracking towards talk of the like of less than 1% fatalities etc, speaks volumes of their sheep's plan. Such outlooks are scary, often promulgated via their social media group think. "

Lost 10 years of life? And I’m the one making things up? How have you reached that assumption?

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

And watch the new government gain as much hate for as many mistakes!

"

Lost 10 years of life? And I’m the one making things up? How have you reached that assumption?"

Google the health Foundation three myths about covid that the data proved wrong.

By *mjustmeMan  over a year ago

East Cornwall

This comment isn't meant to belittle the risks, so please don't take it that way, but there is a huge disparity between 'no underlying health conditions' and 'no KNOWN underlying health conditions'. This will also skew the results to show higher death rates without known underlying issues for younger people purely because the longer one lives the more likely it is that an existing underlying health condition will be discovered.

Viruses kill by accident, they are intentionally designed in nature to be virulent but non-leathal, that's how the virus itself survives, if it kills its host then it shortens its own chances of survival.

There was a strong economic argument for allowing herd immunity to take place (otherwise known as letting the virus get on with it.) and a strong moral argument for saving as many people as possible for as long as possible. My issue with the government handling of the pandemic is that they managed to take neither approach; their dithering and half arsed measures were never going to be enough to make a substantial difference to the number of deaths, but were enough to cripple the economy. I could have forgiven either approach because, after all, they were stuck between a rock and a hard place, but they managed to get everything just about as wrong as they possibly could.

By *essysteveCouple  over a year ago

ALICANTE AREA SPAIN

We could let Labour have a go ......... the leader of this working class political power whose is a Lord is the guy responsible for Jimmy Saville never being prosecuted ........... can he do a better job than Boris?

Central

Some hide away and pretend behind strawman arguments of 'questions', the likes of which are impossible to answer, which is why they have chosen their pretend questions. You’ll find these people are not involved, or interested in, scientific research and unsurprisingly have had no other questions whatsoever. There's no track record of scientific discourse and the so-called questions are pulled from the antivax social media and sites and don't differ. It's no surprise when the sheep are in that flock.

To question the official approach is the sign of an intelligent person. To repeat, sheep like, what you have been told to believe, isn't.

You need to stop abusing people you disagree with. No-one has abused you"

I haven't abused people and the points stand. Others' posts won't always relate to or be in any way connected to you. There has been significant antivax activity that has been flagged as of significant concern by governments around the world. That has been a major barrier, as populations have wanted to gain release from restrictions and to secure freedoms again, where vaccinations have been the major route for these to be attained.

Central

"

Lost 10 years of life? And I’m the one making things up? How have you reached that assumption?"

The data has been freely available for some time, as Hovis5050 indicates.

During the 1st wave, the average loss of life was over 10 years. In the most deprived areas, it was 11 years of life lost. This should alarm and distress us all, especially if so many of these deaths were avoidable. Men lost a greater amount of life than women.

Rather than accuse me of 'making things up' , when the data is freely available, I do suggest that you make use of the data instead.

By *irtyold man OP   Man  over a year ago

barnsley

Forget youre opinions when the house of comons investigate and say boris is resposible for thousands of deaths listen up.this is an investigation by youre own gov folks

Spain, Lancs

I haven't abused people and the points stand. Others' posts won't always relate to or be in any way connected to you. There has been significant antivax activity that has been flagged as of significant concern by governments around the world. That has been a major barrier, as populations have wanted to gain release from restrictions and to secure freedoms again, where vaccinations have been the major route for these to be attained. "

There has been very little, if any, anti-vax activity.

There have been very many people questioning these particular vaccines.

You shouldn't smear these people. It doesn't reflect well on you

Central

I haven't abused people and the points stand. Others' posts won't always relate to or be in any way connected to you. There has been significant antivax activity that has been flagged as of significant concern by governments around the world. That has been a major barrier, as populations have wanted to gain release from restrictions and to secure freedoms again, where vaccinations have been the major route for these to be attained.

You shouldn't smear these people. It doesn't reflect well on you"

People like Andrew Wakefield, the disgraced former medic struck off in the UK, as well as other antivax proponents have been very active during this pandemic, outside of those who are vaccine hesitant. Therw has been a proliferation of disinformation and lies too, hence the posts you've likely seen here, except if new today, about social media banning so many posts and users. Many of these people profit from the spreading of their lies, using anyone as their pawn for their own ends.

Spain, Lancs

People like Andrew Wakefield, the disgraced former medic struck off in the UK, as well as other antivax proponents have been very active during this pandemic, outside of those who are vaccine hesitant. Therw has been a proliferation of disinformation and lies too, hence the posts you've likely seen here, except if new today, about social media banning so many posts and users. Many of these people profit from the spreading of their lies, using anyone as their pawn for their own ends. "

There you go again with your 'anti-vax' smear

teleford

People like Andrew Wakefield, the disgraced former medic struck off in the UK, as well as other antivax proponents have been very active during this pandemic, outside of those who are vaccine hesitant. Therw has been a proliferation of disinformation and lies too, hence the posts you've likely seen here, except if new today, about social media banning so many posts and users. Many of these people profit from the spreading of their lies, using anyone as their pawn for their own ends.

There you go again with your 'anti-vax' smear"

Lifting the rocks on those with grand delusion or ulterior motives isn’t smearing, it’s light shining.

Spain, Lancs

What 'ulterior motive' do sceptics have?

Money? From where?

What will we find when we 'lift the rocks' of the government and pharmaceutical companies?

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

That prick has not been forgotten about, along with many others.

Hancock should be prosecuted for manslaughter, not starting a cushy new job at the UN

At the UN.....

Good grief "

Central

There you go again with your 'anti-vax' smear"

If you are to label any explannation of those such as the disgraced Wakefield, as 'smears', you are just going to be unable to have an adult discussion here. It may differ to your own position but Wakefield et al have been central players for their own gain, in the antivax movement and especially active during the pandemic.

teleford

"What 'ulterior motive' do sceptics have?

Money? From where?

What will we find when we 'lift the rocks' of the government and pharmaceutical companies?"

Those peddling anti vax and anti facts have their motives, some genuinely believe their fantasies but dig into them and few have any more credibility than those clowns who would have you believe the earth is flat. That’s not to say gov and pharma don’t have stuff hidden under rocks but those spouting complete and easily discredited bollox make the uncovering of genuine concerns far harder.

Manchester (she/her)

Money? From where?

What will we find when we 'lift the rocks' of the government and pharmaceutical companies?

Those peddling anti vax and anti facts have their motives, some genuinely believe their fantasies but dig into them and few have any more credibility than those clowns who would have you believe the earth is flat. That’s not to say gov and pharma don’t have stuff hidden under rocks but those spouting complete and easily discredited bollox make the uncovering of genuine concerns far harder. "

And many bollocks spouters do make a good living off it.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

This story just lays the groundwork for the next lockdowns - if in doubt lockdown will be the policy.

Tin town

That prick has not been forgotten about, along with many others.

At the UN.....

Good grief "

I'm interested what makes you think it's a cushy new job at the UN? (aside from the fact he's unable to take it up while serving as an mp?)

By *hangerMan  over a year ago

brighton

Lucky you! Many others know people or have close family, that have died due to Covid.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Lucky you! Many others know people or have close family, that have died due to Covid."

And right on queue yesterday I find out that my next door neighbour just passed away from covid….

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Nhs is at fault as well sending old people to homes with out testing so it spread and many died ,they wanted to make room for the high number of covid expected,when i was nursing we tested patients for mrsa on arrival and before they left as that was the big then ,...

Spain, Lancs

Money? From where?

Those peddling anti vax and anti facts have their motives, some genuinely believe their fantasies but dig into them and few have any more credibility than those clowns who would have you believe the earth is flat. That’s not to say gov and pharma don’t have stuff hidden under rocks but those spouting complete and easily discredited bollox make the uncovering of genuine concerns far harder. "

How much money have the sceptics made?

From where?

I have been asking this for many months and no-one ever answers...but it doesn't stop them repeating the claim!

Spain, Lancs

Money? From where?

Those peddling anti vax and anti facts have their motives, some genuinely believe their fantasies but dig into them and few have any more credibility than those clowns who would have you believe the earth is flat. That’s not to say gov and pharma don’t have stuff hidden under rocks but those spouting complete and easily discredited bollox make the uncovering of genuine concerns far harder.

And many bollocks spouters do make a good living off it. "

Can you name any?

Manchester (she/her)

Money? From where?

Can you name any?"

Joseph Mercola, approx $100 million income

Andrew Wakefield, net worth approx $2 million

Juli Mazi, convicted of issuing fake naturopathic vaccines with Moderna batch numbers

There's three

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Money? From where?

Can you name any?"

Off the top of my head. Andrew Wakefield, Vernon Coleman, Alex jones, David icke, piers corbyn, Mike yeadon. All making money by spreading BS. Loads more out there.

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

No flu deaths in 18 months !

Spain, Lancs

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

Juli Mazi, convicted of issuing fake naturopathic vaccines with Moderna batch numbers

There's three "

I don't accept those. How much have they made by their opposition to the official narrative?

Manchester (she/her)

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

There's three

I don't accept those. How much have they made by their opposition to the official narrative?"

Ok, you don't accept those. Good for you. My points stand.

Spain, Lancs

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

Off the top of my head. Andrew Wakefield, Vernon Coleman, Alex jones, David icke, piers corbyn, Mike yeadon. All making money by spreading BS. Loads more out there."

Vernon Coleman has had publishers cancel his contracts. He is no longer called by the BBC etc. I believe ( have to check) that he has been cancelled by YouTube.

Piers Corbyn has suffered huge fines.

How has Icke made money by such opposition?

Same with Mike Yeadon.

You seem to be confusing the act of raising a public profile with the fact of making money.

How do these 'gains'...if any ..compare to the gains made by those mouthing the official narrative?

Spain, Lancs

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

There's three

I don't accept those. How much have they made by their opposition to the official narrative?

Ok, you don't accept those. Good for you. My points stand."

Your points don't stand if you can't substantiate them

Manchester (she/her)

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

There's three

Your points don't stand if you can't substantiate them"

Given your history of cognitive pretzeling and immunity to evidence, my point is clearly not being made for you.

Spain, Lancs

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

There's three

Given your history of cognitive pretzeling and immunity to evidence, my point is clearly not being made for you. "

Cognitive pretzelling.. what in earth are you on about? I haven't insulted you...

Manchester (she/her)

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

There's three

Given your history of cognitive pretzeling and immunity to evidence, my point is clearly not being made for you.

Cognitive pretzelling.. what in earth are you on about? I haven't insulted you..."

Ok

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"No flu deaths in 18 months ! "

Nearly true of the nearly 600 thousand random samples tested in 2020 by PHE none came back with influenza. Not surprising with social distancing mask wearing and increased flu vaccine roll out. There have been some in 2021. There were about 500 reported flu deaths in england for the first half of 2020. Since they have been collecting records uk flu deaths have varied between 27000 and 1500. A "typical" year would be 5 or 6 thousand.

Spain, Lancs

Money? From where?

Can you name any?

There's three

Cognitive pretzelling.. what in earth are you on about? I haven't insulted you...

Ok "

You also get abusive by saying I am 'immune to evidence'. I am asking you for evidence of your claim...but you just insult

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Two of my oldest and best friends ! So I do, whether anything done differently by the Government would have prevented it we will never know but Boris has to go and so do the Tory government. Although who would get voted in, probably the Tories again ! Labour cant even agree between themselves never mind get elected.