FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it reasonable to expect someone to be vaccinated before you meet?

Is it reasonable to expect someone to be vaccinated before you meet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Very pro-vaccination, double jabbed, and very low risk. Would not meet anti-vaxxers but I have noticed a lot of young people just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated yet. Does that bother vaccinated people? I do think it’s selfish, but also feel like maybe it’s not my business?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *olourpurpleMan  over a year ago

Waterford

"Very pro-vaccination, double jabbed, and very low risk. Would not meet anti-vaxxers but I have noticed a lot of young people just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated yet. Does that bother vaccinated people? I do think it’s selfish, but also feel like maybe it’s not my business? "

It wouldn’t bother me. Whatever choices people make is up to them

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Very pro-vaccination, double jabbed, and very low risk. Would not meet anti-vaxxers but I have noticed a lot of young people just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated yet. Does that bother vaccinated people? I do think it’s selfish, but also feel like maybe it’s not my business?

It wouldn’t bother me. Whatever choices people make is up to them"

So you don't care if people are jabbed - but you do expect Safe Sex...

Being jabbed and safe sex are a way to reduce risk to you and other people's health...

I'm now boostered and flu jabbed...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

If that's what you want to do for your personal safety then of course it's reasonable. Just don't be offended if some feel otherwise

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Very pro-vaccination, double jabbed, and very low risk. Would not meet anti-vaxxers but I have noticed a lot of young people just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated yet. Does that bother vaccinated people? I do think it’s selfish, but also feel like maybe it’s not my business? "

Also vaccinated. But will fight to the death for the rights of everyone to make their own choice without comment from others.

I would never dream of asking anyone else under any circumstances if they were.

I regard it as rude, devisive and unnecessary

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

You do understand that the vaccine only protects you , can still pass it on ,you can still catch even you vaccinated

By *orders-cplCouple  over a year ago

middx cpl

so i have been double jabbed and i meet a guy who has had no jab who is most in danger as i hear it double jabbed can still carry the virus.so is it him in most danger ? I totaly respect his right to not be jabbed and hope he respects my right to have all the jabs

Herne Bay

"so i have been double jabbed and i meet a guy who has had no jab who is most in danger as i hear it double jabbed can still carry the virus.so is it him in most danger ? I totaly respect his right to not be jabbed and hope he respects my right to have all the jabs"
That’s it the Vaccine protects the person who’s had it , you might well give Covid to the unvaccinated

middx cpl

that is what i thought so why the big fuss about the un vaxed there the ones taking the risk let them have there choice and take the risk

"You do understand that the vaccine only protects you , can still pass it on ,you can still catch even you vaccinated "

Less likely to catch it and pass it on if you’re vaccinated though.

Herne Bay

"that is what i thought so why the big fuss about the un vaxed there the ones taking the risk let them have there choice and take the risk"
Because a lot of people don’t get it , you are right it’s the unvaccinated that are at risk not the vaccinated

middx cpl

but thats not what they are telling us they saying you still catch it and pass it on by your breath but it wont take hold as much to the vaxed .

It’s not selfish to not get vaccinated, especially if you’re young. That’s propaganda that makes no sense.

I am pro vaccine and vaccinated myself. But I really dislike the idea of calling others selfish or other negative names just because they personally don’t want the vaccine. They don’t have to have it if they don’t want it. That’s everyone’s right. If anything it’s selfish to try and force it on someone to make yourself feel better.

in terms of meeting - that’s up to you and your preferences really.

middx cpl

we must never loose our right to choice no matter what its what makes us free.

Waterford

"Very pro-vaccination, double jabbed, and very low risk. Would not meet anti-vaxxers but I have noticed a lot of young people just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated yet. Does that bother vaccinated people? I do think it’s selfish, but also feel like maybe it’s not my business?

Being jabbed and safe sex are a way to reduce risk to you and other people's health...

I'm now boostered and flu jabbed..."

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

[Removed by poster at 08/11/21 14:11:18]

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

There seems to be a contradiction in your statement.

If its not your business..how would you know who has or hasn't been jabbed ?

if you did ask made it your business its the internet people tell fibbs

Have fun

I've had 8 covid vax jabs and sti test 10 minutes ago ... all clear and ready to fuck.

Waterford

"I've had 8 covid vax jabs and sti test 10 minutes ago ... all clear and ready to fuck. "

Sorry we only accept 9 now.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"we must never loose our right to choice no matter what its what makes us free."

Nobody is being grabbed off the streets and forcibly vaccinated.

People criticising or objecting to your choices is not the same as not having those choices.

It’s not selfish to not get vaccinated, especially if you’re young. That’s propaganda that makes no sense.

I am pro vaccine and vaccinated myself. But I really dislike the idea of calling others selfish or other negative names just because they personally don’t want the vaccine. They don’t have to have it if they don’t want it. That’s everyone’s right. If anything it’s selfish to try and force it on someone to make yourself feel better.

in terms of meeting - that’s up to you and your preferences really. "

I disagree. There are people who can’t get vaccinated and are at risk. If you’re choosing to not get vaccinated just because you can’t be bothered then you’re putting other people at risk for no good reason.

middx cpl

but the vaxed still spread it so that dont make sence

You shouldn't expect anyone to be vax but I'm sure it's OK to ask although how can they completly prove it? Is the covid passport still a thing? Would people really show you it?

I'm not vax and won't be. Mr is. We would only meet with people that weren't bothered on vax status but we wouldn't ask their stance on it. If it gets brought up then fine, if it doesn't get brought up then again that's fine.

"but the vaxed still spread it so that dont make sence "

Yes, but they are less likely to spread it.

By *jfrenchMan  over a year ago

Stockport

"Is it reasonable to expect someone to be vaccinated before you meet?"

The main 'issue' with such an expectation is that not all people can choose to be vaccinated.

Of course its up to you who you meet and that will always and should always be the case. But while some people choose to be vaxxed and some choose not to be please don't forget there is a third group (often ignored in the main) that cannot choose for numerous reasons.

"You shouldn't expect anyone to be vax but I'm sure it's OK to ask although how can they completly prove it? Is the covid passport still a thing? Would people really show you it?

I'm not vax and won't be. Mr is. We would only meet with people that weren't bothered on vax status but we wouldn't ask their stance on it. If it gets brought up then fine, if it doesn't get brought up then again that's fine. "

I wouldn’t ask someone to prove it. If I’m meeting them there’s some trust involved so I would take their word for it.

""Is it reasonable to expect someone to be vaccinated before you meet?"

The main 'issue' with such an expectation is that not all people can choose to be vaccinated.

Of course its up to you who you meet and that will always and should always be the case. But while some people choose to be vaxxed and some choose not to be please don't forget there is a third group (often ignored in the main) that cannot choose for numerous reasons. "

I am very aware of this which is why I’ve mentioned that I’m talking about people who just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated.

Also vaccinated. But will fight to the death for the rights of everyone to make their own choice without comment from others.

I regard it as rude, devisive and unnecessary"

thank you for being sane, logical and compassionate. need more people like you

agreed, its just getting silly now isnt it.

"we must never loose our right to choice no matter what its what makes us free."

exactly. Some people dont see this unfortunately. apparently being threatened with losing your job, freedom to travel and freedom to shop for food (vaccine pass) is not coercion or not a freedom grab.

Of course its up to you who you meet and that will always and should always be the case. But while some people choose to be vaxxed and some choose not to be please don't forget there is a third group (often ignored in the main) that cannot choose for numerous reasons.

I am very aware of this which is why I’ve mentioned that I’m talking about people who just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated. "

dont meet unvaccinated people then, simple.

end thread/

Herne Bay

"but the vaxed still spread it so that dont make sence

Yes, but they are less likely to spread it. "

Are they ?

By *lutForYou69Woman  over a year ago

Bristol

I am one of those young person’s who “hasn’t bothered”

I have my reasons for not wanting to yet

Hardly selfish for being worried about the side affects of the vaccine...

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Yes, but they are less likely to spread it. Are they ? "

Yes. That is a known fact.

Vaccinated people are less likely to get covid, less severe symptoms, less viral load so less likely to pass it on.

There is medical and scientific data to back this up.

By *antona33Man  over a year ago

collon

Yes, but they are less likely to spread it. "

This is wrong …

By *antona33Man  over a year ago

collon

Yes, but they are less likely to spread it. Are they ?

Vaccinated people are less likely to get covid, less severe symptoms, less viral load so less likely to pass it on.

There is medical and scientific data to back this up. "

Well it seems to me that all I’m hearing is vaccinated people who are catching the virus and spreading it to there partners etc …

By *jfrenchMan  over a year ago

Stockport

I am very aware of this which is why I’ve mentioned that I’m talking about people who just haven’t bothered to get vaccinated. "

Oh that's ok then. Its great that you are. Sadly a LOT of people: the media and 'expert' scientific advisers in particular don't seem to be.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Very much pro vaccine, but more so pro choice.

If the person doesn’t want the vax for a logical reason, I’m fine with that and they don’t have fo explain that to me.

I wouldn’t meet the “anti vax” brigade type as we’d literally probably have absolutely nothing in common.

The only personal thing that is important to me is that they aren’t cheating. Anything else isn’t really my business.

There is medical and scientific data to back this up.

Well it seems to me that all I’m hearing is vaccinated people who are catching the virus and spreading it to there partners etc … "

That’s because the majority of the population is vaccinated now

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I think the question of vaccine status in such an intimate setting as a meet is not the right question if you are worried about catching or spreading covid.

Would a covid test before a meet be more appropriate?

Meet whoever you like. If you only want to meet vaccinated people, that’s your call. If you aren’t asking for proof, I’m sure lots will lie anyway so you’ll likely end up meeting unvaccinated anyway. People lie about being married to get a fuck, they’ll sure as hell lie about this to get one I’m sure.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's a Fab norm that anyone can ask for anything they want in their meets.

Others can say no.

I see no reason why this is any different. You set your boundaries as you see fit, others will do likewise.

Is it reasonable to expect it: No

It is reasonable to ask it, and then make your own judgment on the basis of the answer: Yes

Simple

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

I think it’s only reasonable to expect they have been jabbed, if you’ve asked the question and they said yes!! For us personally, we wouldn’t presume, or expect they had, and we certainly wouldn’t ask either, it’s a personal choice and we respect that! Do you mean when you say you’re ‘very low risk’ it’s in regards to you catching it?

Miss pc

i the male, is very likley to catch it due to a poor imune system, have had four, yes four jabs as my doctor thought 2 wouldnt be enough, waithing for my booster, and no wouldnt meet an un vaccinated person as it does reduce the risk, so in my case its a no brainer, im also very careful when in public, wich i avoid where possable.

It’s absolutely your business!!! Why would you meet anyone who’s likely to pose you more of a risk? Double vaccinated doesn’t mean you won’t catch covid… it does mean you’re less likely to carry/ pass it on. Why go to all that trouble if you’re happy to let someone else put you at risk?!

Stay careful xxx

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Slough

It's pretty reasonable to meet people you think you're going to get along with! Some people feel strongly about the vaccine, for others it's being a vegan or voting preferences. Whatever it is, we always want social interaction on a meet and don't want to socialise with those kind of militant people - in that sense we'd be grateful if they put it on their profile or told us how strongly they felt early on. We put on our profile that we expect all meets to show proof of STD tests...

This is why the UK is such a state as it is covid island we're been called by the rest of Europe because of the...I'm all right jack attitude...

"I've had 8 covid vax jabs and sti test 10 minutes ago ... all clear and ready to fuck.

Sorry we only accept 9 now. "

Had another 2 this aft.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's absolutely right to determine the right criteria others must have, for you to want to meet them and have sex with them, if matched.

People can decline to agree to share their details but there's a big pool of people who have been vaccinated, whilst continuing to wear masks, keep social distancing etc. A test at the meet is a further option.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Double jabbed here but wont be asking potential meets if they are or not.none of my buisness.my self i wont be meeting those who think the jab is a way for the gov to control people and also wont be meeting those who think unjabbed are granny killers

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Why do you think a vaccinated person is less of a risk on a meet than an unvaccinated.

Both can get covid both can pass covid on to you yes there may be a lower dose passed on with a vaccinated person but that is not 100% sure.

We have to trust those we meet to not meet if they have been in contact with someone who has covid and not to meet if the do not feel well.

By the way we have been tripple jabbed not just double jabbed and that still does not make us imune.

Why do you think a vaccinated person is less of a risk on a meet than an unvaccinated.

Both can get covid both can pass covid on to you yes there may be a lower dose passed on with a vaccinated person but that is not 100% sure.

We have to trust those we meet to not meet if they have been in contact with someone who has covid and not to meet if the do not feel well.

By the way we have been tripple jabbed not just double jabbed and that still does not make us imune. "

Vaccinated people are less likely to pass COVID on if they do have it, so they are less of a risk.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

The fact is more people who have been vaccinated die than unvaccinated not made up check out Gov web page..

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

You are perfectly entitled to ask for people you meet to be vaccinated. Everybody harps on about freedom of choice and you sound like you have made your choice.

Obviously if you are vaccinated, you are helping to protect yourself and others despite the drivel.

Good luck.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

It's no one else's business to pry in to another person's choices.

Not directed at anyone in particular:

From the very limited information I have, it seems vaccination doesn't do a great deal to lower chances of infection, only severe illness and death.

So if one expects a potential partner to be vaccinated, my question would be; for what purpose?

If you answer something along the lines of "civic duty", then I'll expect you to not be overweight. Obesity puts a strain on the NHS and, strangely, you're more likely to get fat if you interact with fat people. Not to mention the increased risk of compounding serious illness - and not just from covid.

So I'll be double jabbed and topped up if you sort your diet out and exercise regularly. Fair?

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

[Removed by poster at 08/11/21 18:54:38]

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

in terms of meeting - that’s up to you and your preferences really.

I disagree. There are people who can’t get vaccinated and are at risk. If you’re choosing to not get vaccinated just because you can’t be bothered then you’re putting other people at risk for no good reason. "

Who said the people aren’t getting vaccinated because they can’t be bothered? I’ve heard nobody say that.

Most people that are not getting the vaccine now are doing so because they’re scared of the risks (however small), or because they’re young and low risk, or because they’ve already had COVID and don’t feel they need it. Then there’s the very tiny minority that are weirdo conspiracy theorists.

The vaccine doesn’t prevent you from spreading it to others, even if you have zero symptoms. So the whole selfish thing makes no sense.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Nobody is vaxxed against the Common cold: it's doing the rounds at work as we speak (if only there was a jab).

Whereas the select few have had their flu jabs and the majority have had the covid ones. Yet there's no sign of those at the moment.

Vaccines, all the way for me. Don't give the virus a chance.

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

99% is people who get hurt in road accidents were wearing their seat belt therefore seat belts don't help.

Same goes for the majority of those who catch covid are vaccinated...

See the logic, so many people are now vaccinated that you are now going to get a lot of those who catch covid are vaccinated, that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

The vaccination reduces the chances of catching it, reduces the chances of you passing it on and reduces the effects of you do catch it.

Nothing is 100%.

Meet who you choose and choose not to meet. Your choice.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Not directed at anyone in particular:

From the very limited information I have, it seems vaccination doesn't do a great deal to lower chances of infection, only severe illness and death.

So if one expects a potential partner to be vaccinated, my question would be; for what purpose?

If you answer something along the lines of "civic duty", then I'll expect you to not be overweight. Obesity puts a strain on the NHS and, strangely, you're more likely to get fat if you interact with fat people. Not to mention the increased risk of compounding serious illness - and not just from covid.

So I'll be double jabbed and topped up if you sort your diet out and exercise regularly. Fair?

"

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"

My understanding and I might be wrong but as I said, my understanding is that right from the trials, it was shown that vaccination does inhibit but doesn't stop.

The OP has every right for whatever reason she wants - just as others have the right to avoid vaccination. It most definitely is her business.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Not bothered whatsoever! X

You know, not all the unjabbed are anti vaxxers, right?!

I’m pro choice - including vaccination !

I have no issues with vaccinated or unvaccinated - I wouldn’t even ask …….

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Only meeting people we know

"You know, not all the unjabbed are anti vaxxers, right?! "

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

If I was young with my prime years and family/children to have ahead of me, I very much doubt I’d be vaccinated

My understanding and I might be wrong but as I said, my understanding is that right from the trials, it was shown that vaccination does inhibit but doesn't stop.

The OP has every right for whatever reason she wants - just as others have the right to avoid vaccination. It most definitely is her business."

Either way, I won't allow a fat chick to demand I'm vaccinated before she'll touch my dick. The hypocrisy, even in this hypothetical scenario, is staggering.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"It's pretty reasonable to meet people you think you're going to get along with! Some people feel strongly about the vaccine, for others it's being a vegan or voting preferences. Whatever it is, we always want social interaction on a meet and don't want to socialise with those kind of militant people - in that sense we'd be grateful if they put it on their profile or told us how strongly they felt early on. We put on our profile that we expect all meets to show proof of STD tests..."

"99% is people who get hurt in road accidents were wearing their seat belt therefore seat belts don't help.

"

A seat belt never killed anyone though did it

"99% is people who get hurt in road accidents were wearing their seat belt therefore seat belts don't help.

A seat belt never killed anyone though did it "

"It seems that, compression of neck critical elements such as carotid sinus by a three-point safety belt could be a rare potential cause of instant death following car accidents." - a case study from the National Centre for Biotechnology Information.

Just saying

"It seems that, compression of neck critical elements such as carotid sinus by a three-point safety belt could be a rare potential cause of instant death following car accidents." - a case study from the National Centre for Biotechnology Information.

Just saying "

"Following car accidents" are you really saying it was the belt that killed them and not the car accident!?

Just saying

"Following car accidents" are you really saying it was the belt that killed them and not the car accident!? "

Well I suppose it's the floor that usually kills you, not the fall. You may have a point there, good sir.

Though the full case details that the chap would likely have survived with the airbags alone. So in this case, the belt really did kill him.

So before I meet with someone, I need to make sure their car doesn't have seat belts. I need their seat belt status.... and their BMI.

Just saying

"Following car accidents" are you really saying it was the belt that killed them and not the car accident!?

Well I suppose it's the floor that usually kills you, not the fall. You may have a point there, good sir.

Though the full case details that the chap would likely have survived with the airbags alone. So in this case, the belt really did kill him.

So before I meet with someone, I need to make sure their car doesn't have seat belts. I need their seat belt status.... and their BMI. "

Are you one of those people who says that you can get pregnant from anal sex because the jizz can run down the crack of her ass and a really strong swimmer can still make it up her foof?

Someone's vaccination status isn't something I'd even think about if I was looking to meet them

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

'Is it reasonable to expect someone to be vaccinated before you meet?'

No!!! A text should suffice if you're that worried imo.

"Are you one of those people who says that you can get pregnant from anal sex because the jizz can run down the crack of her ass and a really strong swimmer can still make it up her foof? "

Are you ok?

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

west midlands

If you're vaccinated why would it bother you whether someone else was,? Obviously don't meet unvaccinated people if it worries you

west midlands

"Someone's vaccination status isn't something I'd even think about if I was looking to meet them "
glad to hear this

There is medical and scientific data to back this up. "

Or, at least this is what the TV says. And of course, the TV never lies.

Cannot see any ques at the funeral services.

That is another known fact. Not from the TV.

By *avana8817Man  over a year ago

Consett

If you are double/triple jabbed and if the vaccine works. It should make no difference to your health if others are not vaccinated.

Plus, what if someone has not been jabbed, but has had Covid and has natural antibodies? Would you take that into consideration?

You should just do what you think is best for your health and not get hung up on others

By *h86Man  over a year ago

Glos

Dont think its unreasonable to expect it at all. If its important to you then you make it clear and choose those that are jabbed. Your body, your rules, your choice

"Are you one of those people who says that you can get pregnant from anal sex because the jizz can run down the crack of her ass and a really strong swimmer can still make it up her foof?

Are you ok? "

Could do with a hug if you're offering?

west midlands

I've had covid twice and not vaccinated and it was like a mild cold both times. I've definitely had worse flu/cold symptoms before

"I've had covid twice and not vaccinated and it was like a mild cold both times. I've definitely had worse flu/cold symptoms before"

Do you think you had different variants each time?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

It's reasonable to expect whoever you're meeting doesn't have any diseases they will give you. Beyond that not sure medical details need sharing... Them being Vaxed doesn't protect you. Them testing negative does.

Then there's the fact they could lie about it anyway, same as people lie about regular sti testing, age, height, smoking etc...

west midlands

"I've had covid twice and not vaccinated and it was like a mild cold both times. I've definitely had worse flu/cold symptoms before

Do you think you had different variants each time? "

not sure but both times were about the same although the second time it seemed to last a bit longer

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’m only getting vaccinated so I can go to the theatre. I have one adult child who has had both jags and two who have not been vaccinated. Neither of them like needles and one of them has had covid and can’t get vaccinated until December as they have to wait 90 days from testing positive.

Personally I don’t mind what a person’s vaccination status is as it’s none of my business.

I feel I don’t have a choice but to get the jag. I work from home and my kids are rarely out.

I have a friend who is double jabbed and who has tested positive on a PCR but had two negative LFTs. GP said her symptoms were unlikely to be covid. There’s definitely a new strain about.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Not being vaccinated in itself wouldn't be a major concern a

The mental attitude of anti vaxers would make us avoid them though.

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Simply say you will only meet vaccinated people before agreeing a meet. Solved !

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

This .

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I’m only getting vaccinated so I can go to the theatre. I have one adult child who has had both jags and two who have not been vaccinated. Neither of them like needles and one of them has had covid and can’t get vaccinated until December as they have to wait 90 days from testing positive.

Personally I don’t mind what a person’s vaccination status is as it’s none of my business.

I feel I don’t have a choice but to get the jag. I work from home and my kids are rarely out.

I have a friend who is double jabbed and who has tested positive on a PCR but had two negative LFTs. GP said her symptoms were unlikely to be covid. There’s definitely a new strain about. "

The LFTs are not as accurate as the PCR tests, so the positive PCR is the definitive result.

There are other infections around, with many similar symptoms.

The UK does genetic testing on a high volume of UK infections, so new mutations that gain hold are surveilled and closely monitored.

The very high infection levels are certainly giving the opportunity for more mutations to happen, so our leaders are doing no favours to us by not having restrictions to reduce infection numbers

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

If someone has covid on their hands vaccinated or not they can still pass it on if they touch you. If you're vaccinated hopefully it says what's on the packet and you only get mild symptoms but if you're not then you could get hit hard.

Vaccination gives a false sense of security and therefore has the potential to increase the spread.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"The fact is more people who have been vaccinated die than unvaccinated not made up check out Gov web page.."

What matters here is proportionality not absolute numbers.

If the vast majority of adults are vaccinated then more people will be ill/die but the percentage of that group is what determines likelihood and risk level.

The percentages in unvaccinated are higher.

However, statistically the level of infections we are now seeing means it IS the vaccinated that are primarily responsible for spreading the virus.

IMO the main driver for that is complacency with many double vaxxed walking around like they are suddenly invincible and dropping all other risk mitigations.

By *uy4swingingMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Absolutely. Thankfully I am double vaxed plus a booster.

"

Vaccination gives a false sense of security and therefore has the potential to increase the spread.

"

Definitely! I’m unvaccinated so I’m extra careful. I wear a mask, wash my hands/sanitise really regularly and I test weekly. My vaccinated mates say “fuck that, we don’t need to do any of that now, we’re vaccinated!” They’ve NEVER tested and have thrown their masks in the bin.

I signed up on this site to find great sexual experiences!

Not judging folk about non sexual activity!

I think the virus thread discussions will str*ngle this site and folk will end up not meeting anyone, just because of a difference of opinion......

Sex we're here for (some of us) another type of jab!

Herne Bay

I think the virus thread discussions will str*ngle this site and folk will end up not meeting anyone, just because of a difference of opinion......

"

Think you have made a good point ,this virus section definitely is divisive for a site where hopefully we want to meet fellow swingers

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I'd meet vaxxed or non vaxxed

However there's definitely plenty (mostly on the pro Vax, pro mandate and restriction side) I wouldn't give the time of day too

Brighton

"

As I type this there are 26,942 people online on Fab (apparently). A tiny fraction use the forums and an even smaller fraction use the non-swinging forums like this virus section.

The vast majority are pretty oblivious to the tribalist vitriol that has been thrown around in here. Plenty of pervs for fun!

I drifted in here during lockdown one out of boredom. Dip in and out still as it can sometimes be fairly amusing.

Brighton

OP do whatever you want and makes you comfortable. It is your prerogative to behave as you see fit with regards to your own health, body and sexual preferences. It matters not if someone has a different view or parameters to you, just don’t meet them!

The fact that you are a swinger means you already have a higher risk threshold than the majority of vanilla people. But there are still levels of risk and you can draw your line wherever you see fit.

At the end of the day, sex is more fun with likeminded people anyway!

Have fun

Tin town

As I type this there are 26,942 people online on Fab (apparently). A tiny fraction use the forums and an even smaller fraction use the non-swinging forums like this virus section.

The vast majority are pretty oblivious to the tribalist vitriol that has been thrown around in here. Plenty of pervs for fun!

I drifted in here during lockdown one out of boredom. Dip in and out still as it can sometimes be fairly amusing."

That and you can't stop... Admit it! I can give up anytime i want... Honest.

Brighton

I drifted in here during lockdown one out of boredom. Dip in and out still as it can sometimes be fairly amusing.

That and you can't stop... Admit it! I can give up anytime i want... Honest. "

Ha ha. Sometimes there is comedy gold in here. Other times people are spouting utter nonsense. A lot of the time keyboard warriors are just having a pop at each other in a way they’d never dream of face-to-face.

I lurk way more than I post, but sometimes I just cannot resist. I try to post a balanced bit of common sense but have to admit to also sometimes being deliberately provocative because, well why not?

"If that's what you want to do for your personal safety then of course it's reasonable. Just don't be offended if some feel otherwise "

Absolutely agree with this well said!

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Do you ask for a full medical history and proof of every other vaccine too?

I think my tetanus is due a booster

True and person who caught that virus and was sick doesnt need to be vaxed

"I've had covid twice and not vaccinated and it was like a mild cold both times. I've definitely had worse flu/cold symptoms before

Do you think you had different variants each time? "

Have you had vaccines against different variants?

By *ickleOurFancyCouple  over a year ago

Reading

Not sure how people are selfish for being unvaccinated — a vaccination is only supposed to protect themselves, not all the people they come into contact with.

We could argue that vaccinated people are selfish as they could be going around spreading viruses seeing as they think they are all safe and protected, when in reality they are not.

Also your comment about the vaccinated being less likely to get it and spread it - where do you get this false information from? With so many people vaccinated, why are the cases still apparently so high?

Do you plan to ask potential meets for their medical records to ensure they have had flu jabs, smear test, free from HIV and all other infections and viruses?

It makes me laugh, being in this lifestyle - I would have thought there were more important things to worry about than people being vaccinated.

I am pro-choice - I wish everyone would make an informed decision and do what's right for them.

Years ago, many people fought and died for our freedom - and here we are, just giving it away .... for what?

Herne Bay

Not sure how people are selfish for being unvaccinated — a vaccination is only supposed to protect themselves, not all the people they come into contact with.

We could argue that vaccinated people are selfish as they could be going around spreading viruses seeing as they think they are all safe and protected, when in reality they are not.

Also your comment about the vaccinated being less likely to get it and spread it - where do you get this false information from? With so many people vaccinated, why are the cases still apparently so high?

Do you plan to ask potential meets for their medical records to ensure they have had flu jabs, smear test, free from HIV and all other infections and viruses?

It makes me laugh, being in this lifestyle - I would have thought there were more important things to worry about than people being vaccinated.

I am pro-choice - I wish everyone would make an informed decision and do what's right for them.

Years ago, many people fought and died for our freedom - and here we are, just giving it away .... for what? "

Totally agree with you, seems like some are not bothered about freedom that was so hard one

I think any of us can have any requirements we want. If you want somebody to be vaccinated then that's your preference and absolutely fine.

Years ago, many people fought and died for our freedom - and here we are, just giving it away .... for what? Totally agree with you, seems like some are not bothered about freedom that was so hard one "

"The sooner we all follow the rules, the sooner it'll go back to normal"

"Let's lockdown to save Christmas"

"It's 15m jabs to freedom"

"The government has no plans to introduce vaccine passports"

"Cases could reach 100,000 a day, we need new restrictions"

A group gathered to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to 20 grams a week, but Winston swore only last week the ration had been reduced to 20 grams a week.

Tin town

"I think any of us can have any requirements we want. If you want somebody to be vaccinated then that's your preference and absolutely fine. "

Of course and as fab is renowned for its scrupulous honesty I'm sure when they are asked the answer will be an honest one.

I drifted in here during lockdown one out of boredom. Dip in and out still as it can sometimes be fairly amusing."

Yeah that's a good point.

I hope you're right

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

"You do understand that the vaccine only protects you , can still pass it on ,you can still catch even you vaccinated

Less likely to catch it and pass it on if you’re vaccinated though. "

No it potentially lessens the effect.

You can still catch it as it’s easily transmissible & still pass it if your totally kissable!

The best protection is natural immunity. So if you've had it your antibodies are up to 3 to 16x more effective against re-infection. So basically you need to stick to Covid survivers... luckily there's plenty of them.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

So you are vaccinated, why you worry? Oh yeah because obviously vaccine doesn't work

Is it reasonable? No.

It's not the responsibility of the unvaccinated to protect the vaccinated, that's the vaccines job.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

How do you know if the other person is vaccinated. I wouldn't even dream of asking. People's health, meds, well being is nobody else's business anyway.

Would you not meet someone who hasn't had the flu vaccine?? The vaccine isn't protecting anyone! You can still catch and transmit it even though you're double jabbed!! Before anyone says it, we're not anti-vaxxers!!

bravo well said

By *aughty Wigan CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Wigan

"The best protection is natural immunity. So if you've had it your antibodies are up to 3 to 16x more effective against re-infection. So basically you need to stick to Covid survivers... luckily there's plenty of them. "

Actually, that isn't quite accurate, you have different antibodies from infection than you get from a vaccine but both are antibodies and both do the same thing.

"The best protection is natural immunity. So if you've had it your antibodies are up to 3 to 16x more effective against re-infection. So basically you need to stick to Covid survivers... luckily there's plenty of them.

Actually, that isn't quite accurate, you have different antibodies from infection than you get from a vaccine but both are antibodies and both do the same thing. "

Not equally well, hence the booster shots.

Remember when we started on this journey ? It was all about protecting the nhs from overload and breakdown . The vax protected you from more serious symptoms and hopefully prevented you from entering hospital. You could still catch and transmit it.

Fast forward and today we are faced with heavy polarisation and state bullying and oppression .

This is totally wrong .

Would you also ask for tests for hep/ hiv/ h pylori and many others ? It has become a nonsense that is spreading misery and mental illness and worse, it has become a virus itself ! And it is worse than covid.

In the end it’s Prrsonal choice not bullying .plenty of people have died from the vax - fact.

In Manchester only last week a man in his 30s died as a result of the AZ vax he received two weeks prior. Cause of death on his cert was stated as the AZ VAX

Is it reasonable? No.

It's not the responsibility of the unvaccinated to protect the vaccinated, that's the vaccines job."

the fact that it needs to be said overtly sums up the shitshow we are living in.

Cognitive dissonance is strong in many people.

" the vac isnt working because you didnt take it, means mine wont wont work till you get yours " LMFAO.

The delusions are astonishing

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Can I play devils advocate here…. Asking you all a serious question

Let’s flip it a little….

If you knew someone was immunocompromised… would you tell them you were unvaccinated?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I thought vaccines protected the person who got them ??? So why do I have to get one to protect you ???

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"I thought vaccines protected the person who got them ??? So why do I have to get one to protect you ???"

You thought wrong but that's understandable considering after 10 months of data everywhere you have remained anti vax

Flintshire

"I thought vaccines protected the person who got them ??? So why do I have to get one to protect you ???

You thought wrong but that's understandable considering after 10 months of data everywhere you have remained anti vax"

So how does this one work then?? Oh and I’m currently in bed with Covid or more like a cold to be honest so I guess I will end up with anti bodies now ….

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

If I was meeting at the moment I wouldn’t meet an unvaccinated person. The way I see it is they are more likely to have covid than a vaccinated person. I’ve caught covid once from a non vaccinated friend and I was really poorly, I don’t want it again. So I’d ask, I wouldn’t get into a wrangle about my thoughts on unvaccinated people, I’d just not meet them.

Flintshire

"If I was meeting at the moment I wouldn’t meet an unvaccinated person. The way I see it is they are more likely to have covid than a vaccinated person. I’ve caught covid once from a non vaccinated friend and I was really poorly, I don’t want it again. So I’d ask, I wouldn’t get into a wrangle about my thoughts on unvaccinated people, I’d just not meet them. "

Ooooooooo but me having it at the moment will result in me having anti bodies best down

Of defence ever

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I thought vaccines protected the person who got them ??? So why do I have to get one to protect you ???"

The vaccine as an offshoot of its primary purpose which is to keep you out of the hospital by mitigating the seriousness of the effects of the virus has been found to also have the secondary effects of both lowering the chances of catching the virus and lowering the following transmission rates to others

Newcastle and Gateshead

"If I was meeting at the moment I wouldn’t meet an unvaccinated person. The way I see it is they are more likely to have covid than a vaccinated person. I’ve caught covid once from a non vaccinated friend and I was really poorly, I don’t want it again. So I’d ask, I wouldn’t get into a wrangle about my thoughts on unvaccinated people, I’d just not meet them.

Ooooooooo but me having it at the moment will result in me having anti bodies best down

Of defence ever "

For you… but in the meantime you were shedding it like a mother till you shut it down…

But like you said… it’s all about you… go you!!!

"Can I play devils advocate here…. Asking you all a serious question

Let’s flip it a little….

If you knew someone was immunocompromised… would you tell them you were unvaccinated?

"

Absolutely. i'd say, risk at your own peril.

just like when im eating nuts and my maye with a nut allergy walks in, i kindly tell him im eating peanuts, stay the fuck away.

By *onksoozeCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

What about people who have had covid like me ? I have natural immunity so why should I have a trial drug that ain't fairing too well if you need 3 in less than a yr ?? And if your protected why are you worried and if your worried you know it don't work ?

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

"If I was meeting at the moment I wouldn’t meet an unvaccinated person. The way I see it is they are more likely to have covid than a vaccinated person. I’ve caught covid once from a non vaccinated friend and I was really poorly, I don’t want it again. So I’d ask, I wouldn’t get into a wrangle about my thoughts on unvaccinated people, I’d just not meet them.

Of defence ever "

Congratulations

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

a vaccinated person has almost 40% chance of transmitting it so you work it out for yourself on what you think is reasonable or not.

Would you rather meet sun unvaccinated person with proven natural immunity via antibodies or a vaccinated person?

Would you rather meet an unvaccinated person with a negative PCR or a vaccinated person without?

Surely testing is the way as both can give you Covid?

I couldn’t give a fuck if you’re vaccinated or not - I’m more concerned if you’ve got Covid or not!

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Personal preference no body else’s business so if you only want vaccinated people no problem

By *lubCouple555Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

"

This is exactly our view

"is it reasonalbe to meet..."

The bottom line, the choice is yours.

We would never meet unvacinated people

AND

A word of warning don't take their word for it check they have a letter from the nhs i think - not to clever oabout apps and may access via app.

"I thought vaccines protected the person who got them ??? So why do I have to get one to protect you ???

You thought wrong but that's understandable considering after 10 months of data everywhere you have remained anti vax"

Don’t think people understand how vaccines work.

I'm now boostered and flu jabbed..."

Out of curiosity are you checking the vaccination status for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Meningitis, TB, Polio, Flu, Or just Covid-19?

By *yclindaveMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Out of curiosity are you checking the vaccination status for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Meningitis, TB, Polio, Flu, Or just Covid-19? "

This a million times this

[Removed by poster at 14/11/21 18:52:10]

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Out of curiosity are you checking the vaccination status for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Meningitis, TB, Polio, Flu, Or just Covid-19?

This a million times this "

Vaccines irradicated polio and MMR gives lifelong immunity

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

Low risk, please explain? 2 friends both double vaccinated 1 it lasted a few days mild symptoms other very ill and wiped out. Why do u think u are low risk as I don't understand how u can predict yr reaction?

This a million times this

Vaccines irradicated polio and MMR gives lifelong immunity"

Only two of the three serotypes of wild poliovirus have been eradicated. Two polio-endemic countries remain (Afghanistan and Pakistan).

And during a mumps outbreak, public health authorities recommend an additional dose of MMR vaccine for people who belong to groups at increased risk for getting mumps.

Just ensuring the thread has correct information, no matter what people's opinions are the facts should be correct

By *onksoozeCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

I'd prefer unjabbed. The jabbed are getting sick and it's not working

By *elaxedcplCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

If someone had syphilis would you have unprotected sex with them? Get vaccinated, make the world safer.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"If someone had syphilis would you have unprotected sex with them? Get vaccinated, make the world safer."

Hardly comparable? x

[Removed by poster at 09/01/22 06:51:16]

Thats the trouble in this country now lot of people have been borisized he doesnt give a fuck so people are getting the same has gone to the dogs

Brighton

"If someone had syphilis would you have unprotected sex with them? Get vaccinated, make the world safer."

If someone actually had Covid, vaccinated or not, would you meet them?

Being unvaccinated does not = got Covid.

Actually there is a distinctly higher chance that the vaccinated person could have Covid and not even be aware due to no symptoms and walking around asymptomatically spreading it vs the unvaccinated person feeling unwell and not meeting up because of it.

"Thats the trouble in this country now lot of people have been borisized he doesnt give a fuck so people are getting the same has gone to the dogs"

If you’ve made up your mind Boris and his ilk “don’t ‘give a fuck” are you sure you’ve chosen the correct thing to believe? Considering these people have the most to loose, you know power wealth and control then if they truly believed the shit they spout I can tell you they would not risk it. These people will happily take risks that concern other people and their money etc.

"Thats the trouble in this country now lot of people have been borisized he doesnt give a fuck so people are getting the same has gone to the dogs"

I don't understand this, what does your contribution actually mean.

I'd love a bold straight to the point answer please, thank you!

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

It is reasonable if it makes you feel better.

However, I'd be more inclined to ask them and yourself to take a LFT as even vaccinated they can still carry virus and more chance they'll not have symptoms.

Jabbed is no guarantee you won't have and spread it.

Longridge

Out of curiosity are you checking the vaccination status for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Meningitis, TB, Polio, Flu, Or just Covid-19? "

You missed HPV and Hepatitis too..

Longridge

"Simply say you will only meet vaccinated people before agreeing a meet. Solved !"

There are people on here claiming in their profiles that they are fully vaccinated, yet come onto the forum spouting off how they've only had one to get on holiday, or two and not having more. Some are paying others to take the jab for them or buying fake certificates.

You take your chances..

Manchester (she/her)

"Simply say you will only meet vaccinated people before agreeing a meet. Solved !

There are people on here claiming in their profiles that they are fully vaccinated, yet come onto the forum spouting off how they've only had one to get on holiday, or two and not having more. Some are paying others to take the jab for them or buying fake certificates.

You take your chances..

"

Yeah. I don't think asking about vaccination is the way forward, and I have no plans to do so

Omg I would never ever ask someones vaccine status,I've been asked and I tell the truth,I haven't had them

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

It's perfectly acceptable to demand condoms during sex. So in my opinion health of both parties is paramount, so I see it as an extension of safe sex.

Covid, I don't want to share it.

Longridge

And -ve LFT tests prior to meeting would be more useful than vaccine status..

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I believe if anyone has the right not to get vaccinated then someone they are coming into close contact with has the right to ask if they were vaccinated. It is not rude or devisive and is certainly necessary.

Glasgow

"And -ve LFT tests prior to meeting would be more useful than vaccine status.."

I agree and do that without being asked.

I don’t really care tbh. If someone asked me, I probs wouldn’t meet them.

Doesn’t bother me whether people are vaccinated or not! I chose to get vaxxed but I won’t force my choices on others!

I regard it as rude, devisive and unnecessary

I believe if anyone has the right not to get vaccinated then someone they are coming into close contact with has the right to ask if they were vaccinated. It is not rude or devisive and is certainly necessary. "

Why though? Surely taking a photo of a negative test would be much better! Being vaxxed doesn’t mean you can’t transmit it!

Glasgow

"If someone had syphilis would you have unprotected sex with them? Get vaccinated, make the world safer.

If someone actually had Covid, vaccinated or not, would you meet them?

Being unvaccinated does not = got Covid.

Actually there is a distinctly higher chance that the vaccinated person could have Covid and not even be aware due to no symptoms and walking around asymptomatically spreading it vs the unvaccinated person feeling unwell and not meeting up because of it."

My point of view is perhaps the reverse. I am triple jabbed and had covid. So I feel quite confident I am ok.

If I get it again without symptoms I can however give it to an unvaccinated sexual partner and, if they are of the vulnerable type, they could die or suffer serious organ damage.

I don't want that on my concience even if "It's their own fault" can be used as an excuse, because whilst they are hospitalised they are bed blocking those other innocents who have other issues like heart attack, cancer, liver failure etc.

Makes no difference, does nothing to stop you catching it again, or again , or again .

"It's perfectly acceptable to demand condoms during sex. So in my opinion health of both parties is paramount, so I see it as an extension of safe sex.

Covid, I don't want to share it."

Maybe you used the wrong phrase but I'll comment on the words that you used.

It's not perfectly acceptable to demand anything in my view, you can ask and we can all agree or not, but if you demand then I won't even converse with them, instant block

By *onythebrickMan  over a year ago

London

Hi All

.. what is safe sex?

social distance is impossible; shal we wear masks and gloves and no skin-2-skin contacts without any protections??

So, shall we put sex encounters on ice for the foreseeable future, then?

this is honest question.

Longridge

Safe sex is having sex without overtly risking your health.

Taking right precautions such as wearing wellies and as currently there is significant risk of catching a severe respiratory disease that can risk yourself or others around you, then either tell the person's your meeting you'll be taking a LFT and if they are happy to do the same.

Otherwise you have to decide what's most important to you. If they've refused, you can make a choice, are they hiding something or simply arrogant and not worthy of your company.

Manchester (she/her)

"Safe sex is having sex without overtly risking your health.

Taking right precautions such as wearing wellies and as currently there is significant risk of catching a severe respiratory disease that can risk yourself or others around you, then either tell the person's your meeting you'll be taking a LFT and if they are happy to do the same.

Otherwise you have to decide what's most important to you. If they've refused, you can make a choice, are they hiding something or simply arrogant and not worthy of your company."

I think it's about compatibility in this instance, most of all. There's no limit to how you seek that.