FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Odd Covid symptoms

Odd Covid symptoms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layPrincessDaddyBear OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bracknell

So I’m currently suffering from Covid, but none of the symptoms are what I was expecting, no cough no temp no runny nose, however my body is in pain, the deep aching in my muscles and bones is not nice, the lower back pain is hard to deal with and even my eyes ache, apparently these are symptoms of the new variant, it’s nothing I can’t handle with out the help of some decent painkillers but just wondering is this something that anyone else has experienced xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had those symptoms. I had whatever variant it was before Delta (probably).

I don't think the government symptoms have ever been that accurate.

You can have Covid without any symptoms at all. My sister had it all she experienced was fatigue but she had two positive tests, LFT & PCR. she did go into hospital for a week as her oxygen level dropped drastically so needed oxygen therapy but other than that, there was no symptoms

Hope you feel better soon

By *ittleMissFozzieWoman  over a year ago

Plymouth

The muscle aches were the worst part for me, just couldn't get comfortable any way. Hope it passes soon!

I had runny nose, sneezing, coughing,headaches and fatigue for a week before testing positive on Xmas day. Today my lft says negative just 5 days later.(yesterday's lft positive line was so feint I had to use a torch to see it)

The other person who had it also had an awful sore throat and a temperature which I didn't. (I'm boosted, they aren't at the moment)

I've read that some people are having symptoms before testing positive.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We had it ages ago (2020). I had no temp, no cough but did lose taste/smell. I had a headache and was super tired but otherwise nothing else.

Mr KC had a cough, fever, very tired and achy and headachy. Taste/smell fine.

Our 18yo had it in July this year and had sneezing (like hayfever), lost hearing in one ear (still not normal), headache and very tired/achy. None of the classic "triad" of symptoms.

I'm suffering currently and had all the aches and pains for the first 48 hours ish. They've mostly gone now and it just feels like a head cold. Hope you feel better soon x

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I had it back in October, no fever for me but I also had muscle pain like I’ve never felt before. I could be lying perfectly still and comfortable and suddenly I’d get these awful pains. They carried on for a few weeks after but I haven’t felt them for a while now. I hope you’re feeling better soon x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

More people seem to be having cold like symptoms, which could vary in severity. As others state, it is variable and the government are too slow to update guidelines

Yes. My main symptoms were internal aches and pains and muscle aches. I've had no cold like symptoms at all. Day 9 now so I'll be free soon! Thank fuck.

By *arbellsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

I've got it at the moment but absolutely no symptoms at all. I honestly have so much energy etc very weird. I'm thankful but it's strange. Many of my friends who are very fit/healthy are really suffering from the muscle/joint aches and other symptoms that weren't listed as 'symptons'

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Members of my family who haven't had any vaccinations had the same symptoms as you.

I have had 3 jabs and had a headache and a bit of body pain for a couple of days, and now feel sick, with a cough and snotty nose.

I read that the Omicron variant has some genetic code as the common cold; which makes sense.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm on day 6. I didn't know I had it until I done an lft 2 days ago but got the result from a pcr we sent off on Boxing Day after my son tested positive on Christmas Eve.

I did have a few aches and felt tired, then a cough, sore throat, feel very nauseous, weird sensitive skin and today I can't smell or taste anything.

Unvaccinated btw.

North West

"I've got it at the moment but absolutely no symptoms at all. I honestly have so much energy etc very weird. I'm thankful but it's strange. Many of my friends who are very fit/healthy are really suffering from the muscle/joint aches and other symptoms that weren't listed as 'symptons'"

My brother has it, absolutely no symptoms. His wife had a brief spell of fatigue, headache and general feeling of being under the weather but it lasted only 2-3 days. No other symptoms. His 7yo daughter tested positive but no symptoms. The nearly-9yo seems to have avoided it somehow.

Bro and wife had 3 vaccines...

By *arbellsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

"I've got it at the moment but absolutely no symptoms at all. I honestly have so much energy etc very weird. I'm thankful but it's strange. Many of my friends who are very fit/healthy are really suffering from the muscle/joint aches and other symptoms that weren't listed as 'symptons'

My brother has it, absolutely no symptoms. His wife had a brief spell of fatigue, headache and general feeling of being under the weather but it lasted only 2-3 days. No other symptoms. His 7yo daughter tested positive but no symptoms. The nearly-9yo seems to have avoided it somehow.

Bro and wife had 3 vaccines..."

Glad they aren't too bad. X

By *uscious_lips30Woman  over a year ago

gloucestershire

When I had covid October 2020 my muscles ached mainly across my shoulders, tops of my arms and the top of my legs. I lost my taste and smell though my sense of smell has never been right since

I've had it this past week, felt like a cold but tonight my sinuses really hurt, I put some Vicks on my nose to try and unblock it and it was like a door was open, I thought my smell and taste was off a bit but not fully but tonight, I can smell everything and taste everything!

Danish x

By *herry OnatopWoman  over a year ago

Just over there

I've got it now and the all over body pains are awful! My eyeballs have gone from feeling on fire to now aching! I also had itching over my face and neck as well as fever, horrendous sore throat and banging headache. Day 2 and its not good

"So I’m currently suffering from Covid, but none of the symptoms are what I was expecting, no cough no temp no runny nose, however my body is in pain, the deep aching in my muscles and bones is not nice, the lower back pain is hard to deal with and even my eyes ache, apparently these are symptoms of the new variant, it’s nothing I can’t handle with out the help of some decent painkillers but just wondering is this something that anyone else has experienced xx"

Sounds very similar to what I felt. Thise symptoms cleared up in five day but once my body recovered and test were showing negative I didnt have a real shortness of breath for a week.

Hang in there and mega doesnt on vit d, c and zink

By *iss InnocenceWoman  over a year ago

Coventry/Bristol

I had a cough and cold for 2 and half wks but test negative on 9 LFT and a PCR

Yesterday morning b4 wrk I tested positive

Have a cough now and then full of Phlegm and a blocked nose and a slight temp last night but feeling fine this morning

Coventry/Bristol

Plus a very dry mouth no matter how much I drink

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

I had covid in June, it was the fatigue for a few weeks after that effected me more. No body aches or cold like symptoms, at the time just very low O2%

I've had flu twice in my life, first time absolutely floored me, body ached so badly I could have cried.

Second time wasn't as bad.

North West

"Plus a very dry mouth no matter how much I drink "

I have this too, on a very long waiting list to see MaxFac to investigate, query Sjögrens syndrome.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

I had those exact symptoms. Not pleasant but I've had much worse colds

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

People close to me who have it at the moment - sore throat, temperature, fatigue, congestion, body pain, difficulty sleeping, a little coughing.

By *riendlyStarMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"So I’m currently suffering from Covid, but none of the symptoms are what I was expecting, no cough no temp no runny nose, however my body is in pain, the deep aching in my muscles and bones is not nice, the lower back pain is hard to deal with and even my eyes ache, apparently these are symptoms of the new variant, it’s nothing I can’t handle with out the help of some decent painkillers but just wondering is this something that anyone else has experienced xx"

I too have covid. Hot and cold temp sore throat. Chesty cough. Ache all over and barley sleep at night and can't stay awake that long to do anything haha. No tablets seem to do much either.... Hope you get well soon!!!

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I am currently on day 2 of isolation. I can taste and smell, and have no cough.

However I have the most painful sore throat, earache and headache, and am just exhausted.

It all kicked off with a sudden spike to a 38.1 temperature, sweats and shivers which fortunately subsided after about 6 hours.

North West

"People close to me who have it at the moment - sore throat, temperature, fatigue, congestion, body pain, difficulty sleeping, a little coughing."

How are they getting on?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"People close to me who have it at the moment - sore throat, temperature, fatigue, congestion, body pain, difficulty sleeping, a little coughing.

How are they getting on?"

One recovering and out of legal isolation, three waiting for tests (one asymptomatic but just in case).

North West

"People close to me who have it at the moment - sore throat, temperature, fatigue, congestion, body pain, difficulty sleeping, a little coughing.

How are they getting on?

One recovering and out of legal isolation, three waiting for tests (one asymptomatic but just in case). "

That sounds promising

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

What you describe, op are the symptoms I had with covid 21 months ago although a high temperature was there too. Totally exhausted when moving short distances.

Northampton Somewhere

It's so odd not being able to taste anything. Just had a mouthful of Jelly Beans and they had no flavour whatsoever

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"It's so odd not being able to taste anything. Just had a mouthful of Jelly Beans and they had no flavour whatsoever "

Do you feel the heat from spicy food?

Cal

Northampton Somewhere

"It's so odd not being able to taste anything. Just had a mouthful of Jelly Beans and they had no flavour whatsoever

Do you feel the heat from spicy food?

Cal"

Yes we had a medium hot Nandos wrap thing last night. I could tell it was hot but that was it.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

The eye ache is very odd isn’t it, I’m out of isolation and testing negative again but my eye socket is still hurting

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

Muscle aches, general fatigue and really bad migraines\headaches...

It does pass...

North West

"The eye ache is very odd isn’t it, I’m out of isolation and testing negative again but my eye socket is still hurting "

It seems to have a fair impact on nerves. My son lost hearing in one ear during his bout of COVID in July and hasn't fully reacquired it. My tinnitus is a hundred times worse since I had it back in mid 2020. The ongoing lost of or changes to taste/smell will also be due to the impact on nerves.

By *ocGMan  over a year ago

Leicesters

3x vaxxed, +-ve LFT this evening First one in a week of symptoms including joint pain and muscle stiffness. No temp, no hypoxia, just rather heavy cold symptoms.

Everyday day, try living with rheumatoid arthritis

But I do hope you feel better soon try and keep warm as this helps with muscle pain,

Coventry/Bristol

"Plus a very dry mouth no matter how much I drink

I have this too, on a very long waiting list to see MaxFac to investigate, query Sjögrens syndrome. "

that’s interesting after I looked it up

I hope you find answers soon xx

By *astesLikeMagicWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've had lower back ache with it from early on too

North West

I have this too, on a very long waiting list to see MaxFac to investigate, query Sjögrens syndrome.

"

Thank you. The appointment has been cancelled multiple times, so just waiting for another new date....

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

I have it at the moment. Headache so far for 3 days and mild like flu.

Had all 3 jabs

By *xfordshirecouple300Couple  over a year ago

Oxfordshire.

We had it in December 2020 and had the same sort of symptoms. Bad aches and pains plus loss is smell and taste. Everyday felt different as well.

All Mr could smell was smoke for months.

Now over a year on I think we still have issues with fatigue and random bad headaches that I am sure are associated with it all.

"

I have Sjogrens Syndrome, my G.P. and dentist thought i had mouth cancer !!

Our 12 year old daughter tested positive yesterday, she has exactly all those symptoms. It's so difficult to watch

Coventry/Bristol

I have Sjogrens Syndrome, my G.P. and dentist thought i had mouth cancer !!"

Was this after covid too?

How scary for u x

By *abcouple87Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Hi there, Mr here, I've tested positive on Monday , no fever, no runny nose , not a single cough, but I knew something was wrong when I stepped out of bed and felt every single bone aching. I'm now ok almost back to normal with just small brain fog and sinusitis left

Body aches and fatigue are totally normal during any type of infection. It's how the body forces you to rest and stay in bed so it just focus on fighting the virus . You will be fine

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'm still getting over my Mine. Two weeks after ending quarantine

Had all the usual flu-like symptoms. Plus painfully sensitive skin, aching eyeballs and kidneys, and a wierd kind of fever were you sweat buckets without feeling particularlyhot. . One just starting to get my tastebuds back now, and still physically week and easily tired.

Good luck to anyone suffering at the moment!

ETXXX

Day 4 after positive lateral flow - temp sore throat on fire, coughing all painful full of cold I sound voice on and off can smell taste still resting as advised and painkillers.

Im fully vaccinated and boostered

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

No but a friend of mine has it and she said she had quite bad pains in her eyes also and said flu like symptoms.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

I had the back pain, it moved around from my hips to lower back, then my side. My eyes were dry and I was exhausted, breathless as well for a long time. No cold symptoms or cough at all, just knackered and was for about a month. This was back in June last year, my taste and smell are still not back in full. All I smell is burnt chocolate and vegetable curry. I would think I had Delta as Omicron hadn't surfaced back then. Get well soon, sleep lots and get plenty fresh air x

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Nearly 2 years of nothing working throughout it all and now had 3 vaccinations..

Had head cold symptoms on Monday, have only been testing because of work, Monday to Friday all LFT were negative now that I'm feeling better I test positive on Saturday x Storm x

[Removed by poster at 09/01/22 19:15:33]

"Nearly 2 years of nothing working throughout it all and now had 3 vaccinations..

Had head cold symptoms on Monday, have only been testing because of work, Monday to Friday all LFT were negative now that I'm feeling better I test positive on Saturday x Storm x "

same here. tested positive last Saturday but feel better than I did all week. still waiting for pcr confirmation though.

» Add a new message to this topic