FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Long term variants??

Long term variants??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iss pleasuring OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere near

Just having a over think, if that's what to call it

As the omicron variant spreads vastly and as we are told symptoms are cold n flu like, I wonder what next, will WHO state we are all mostly vaxed and or immune to any further variants thus closing down covid 19 eventually. It can't go on indefinitely surely !!?

Could just be my over tired brain after a long busy night shift . Am I making sense

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We can't easily tell what's next, as there is an element of complete randomness in the equation, from the random mutations that can occur. With very high infection levels, we provide the opportunity for new mutations each time somebody gets infected and replicates the virus. Most of them come to nothing but probability increases that more of them have evolutionary advantages over others. And this could include not being countered by prior immunity, gained from other variants or vaccines.

When there's nobody to be infected, it dies out. It could die out in some areas and be reintroduced at a later stage of course, if travellers bring it in, or a different variant is brought in, that escapes immunity

Somewhere near

Yeah there could be a few avenues for the such variant to turn.

Like other viruses back decade's ago, they eventually fizzled out due to one reason or another .

I do have this feeling that,well maybe not this month or this year. That either WHO and or government will state that we as a nation can relax dunno been vaxed or immune, or of words similar. Frensham there will be a means to an end

Somewhere near

"Yeah there could be a few avenues for the such variant to turn.

Like other viruses back decade's ago, they eventually fizzled out due to one reason or another .

I do have this feeling that,well maybe not this month or this year. That either WHO and or government will state that we as a nation can relax dunno been vaxed or immune, or of words similar. Frensham there will be a means to an end "

Slight typo

For them .... not frensham

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's a virus, without sounding patronising it will do what it will as viruses always have done and we largely will react to it..

Thus far science is doing well given the time period, literally all we can do is live with it..

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Just having a over think, if that's what to call it

As the omicron variant spreads vastly and as we are told symptoms are cold n flu like, I wonder what next, will WHO state we are all mostly vaxed and or immune to any further variants thus closing down covid 19 eventually. It can't go on indefinitely surely !!?

Could just be my over tired brain after a long busy night shift . Am I making sense

"

Don't ask on here would be my first piece of advice. You get opinion.

You should grit your teeth and search the WHO website for what you are looking for. It is quite comprehensive.

Please be careful and avoid the videos of "some guy" on YouTube!

A mutation can be more or less transmissible and more or less deadly. It's luck.

Globally we are not all vaxed so there are still large populations where mutations can occur.

Omicron, specifically, is milder but more transmissible. You can still get seriously ill or die and also more people could get ill at the same time.

There is a WHO video on this:

Episode #63 - Omicron variant

17 December 2021 | Science conversation

Somewhere near

You should grit your teeth and search the WHO website for what you are looking for. It is quite comprehensive.

A mutation can be more or less transmissible and more or less deadly. It's luck.

Globally we are not all vaxed so there are still large populations where mutations can occur.

Omicron, specifically, is milder but more transmissible. You can still get seriously ill or die and also more people could get ill at the same time.

17 December 2021 | Science conversation"

I don't wanna grit my teeth, what's wrong with a bit of a chat in a chat group.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

17 December 2021 | Science conversation"

Or maybe the OP is looking for opinion. She posted her opinion and seems to be asking others what they think?

Not every post has to be driven by reams of data.

Sometimes we can just say ‘I think this is shit what do you lot think?’

Bournemouh

I don't wanna grit my teeth, what's wrong with a bit of a chat in a chat group.

"

West London

Or maybe the OP is looking for opinion. She posted her opinion and seems to be asking others what they think?

"

I gave an opinion too. It was a direct reply to the OP. Apologies if my opinion is not acceptable.

I also pointed to a short video from someone who knows what they are talking about. That is not reams of data.

Bournemouh

I gave an opinion too. It was a direct reply to the OP. Apologies if my opinion is not acceptable.

I also pointed to a short video from someone who knows what they are talking about. That is not reams of data."

Your opinion is of course acceptable. Don’t take it personally if someone disagrees with it though. That’s the whole point…

Although you did advise her to search the ‘comprehensive WHO website’ and while I haven’t visited it myself so couldn’t say for certain I assume there is reams of data available there?

Bournemouh

I also pointed to a short video from someone who knows what they are talking about. That is not reams of data."

Apologies are also not necessary. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Somewhere near

"

Yes that's kinda what I'm trying to say

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

At the moment I have covid and so does my son who lives with me. I am vaccinated and he isn't. I always said to him God help you if you catch covid as really wanted him to accept the vaccine. Anyway he now has a slight cough and I am really quite ill with all the horrible flu symptoms and headaches. It really makes me wonder now about these vaccines we are urged to get. Was he wise or just lucky?.

Somewhere near

"At the moment I have covid and so does my son who lives with me. I am vaccinated and he isn't. I always said to him God help you if you catch covid as really wanted him to accept the vaccine. Anyway he now has a slight cough and I am really quite ill with all the horrible flu symptoms and headaches. It really makes me wonder now about these vaccines we are urged to get. Was he wise or just lucky?."

That I think is a big question,

Is it a question that can be answered out right same as my over thinking in my start of post. It does get the brain working over time.

I've come to my conclusion it's ifs, buts and maybes . Ultimately " it is what it is, be it I do what is necessary to protect myself and other .. triple jabbed and mask

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"At the moment I have covid and so does my son who lives with me. I am vaccinated and he isn't. I always said to him God help you if you catch covid as really wanted him to accept the vaccine. Anyway he now has a slight cough and I am really quite ill with all the horrible flu symptoms and headaches. It really makes me wonder now about these vaccines we are urged to get. Was he wise or just lucky?."

My son and his partner caught it and Christmas and were quite poorly but both triple vaxxed, and they were in my house the day before, no one in my house tested positive and none of us are vaxxed. Go figure.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"At the moment I have covid and so does my son who lives with me. I am vaccinated and he isn't. I always said to him God help you if you catch covid as really wanted him to accept the vaccine. Anyway he now has a slight cough and I am really quite ill with all the horrible flu symptoms and headaches. It really makes me wonder now about these vaccines we are urged to get. Was he wise or just lucky?.

My son and his partner caught it and Christmas and were quite poorly but both triple vaxxed, and they were in my house the day before, no one in my house tested positive and none of us are vaxxed. Go figure. "

I believe it's because vaccinated people have a lower viral load so less likely to pass it on.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"At the moment I have covid and so does my son who lives with me. I am vaccinated and he isn't. I always said to him God help you if you catch covid as really wanted him to accept the vaccine. Anyway he now has a slight cough and I am really quite ill with all the horrible flu symptoms and headaches. It really makes me wonder now about these vaccines we are urged to get. Was he wise or just lucky?.

My son and his partner caught it and Christmas and were quite poorly but both triple vaxxed, and they were in my house the day before, no one in my house tested positive and none of us are vaxxed. Go figure.

I believe it's because vaccinated people have a lower viral load so less likely to pass it on."

Same viral load but for less time I believe.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"

Considering the vaccine antibodies only lasts a few months i doubt it. A doctor was asked by the health secretary what his opinion on making health workers vaccines compulsory and his answer was very interesting regarding immunity from the vaccine.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think humans are impatient and the virus doesn't care. It'll mutate given the opportunity, and at the moment it has lots of opportunity.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

He's younger.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

He's younger."

Sone lucky people have been asymptomatic since the start.

Russian roulette though.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I believe it's because vaccinated people have a lower viral load so less likely to pass it on.Same viral load but for less time I believe. "

Correct - viral load in breakthrougb infections are similar in vaccinated and unvaccinated, but vaccinations clear viral load more quickly.

Lancet - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext

"

Makes sense to me.

I'm sure I read of another variant being found somewhere that they are concerned about.

I don't think it will end.

Somewhere near

Kinda what I was thinking

"Omicron could be ‘first ray of light’ towards living with Covid | Coronavirus | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/08/omicron-shows-covid-may-become-more-like-common-cold-says-uk-expert

West London

That I think is a big question,

Is it a question that can be answered out right same as my over thinking in my start of post. It does get the brain working over time.

I've come to my conclusion it's ifs, buts and maybes . Ultimately " it is what it is, be it I do what is necessary to protect myself and other .. triple jabbed and mask"

People react differently to Covid. There are trends which mean the elderly or those with other illnessees are more vulnerable, but fit young people can too.

Those vaccinated could catch it but are much less likely to than those who aren't.

Vaccines are part of the solution, together with masks and space and hand washing. They all add up to improve your odds, but you could still unlucky.

Everyone is an expert on the matter either from what they're told by the government's or said people on YouTube. Just go off personal experiences, it's the only way. Make your own decisions and never be coerced either way. Hopefully will end soon with things never actually being as bad as stated. Stay safe peeps.

West London

"Everyone is an expert on the matter either from what they're told by the government's or said people on YouTube. Just go off personal experiences, it's the only way. Make your own decisions and never be coerced either way. Hopefully will end soon with things never actually being as bad as stated. Stay safe peeps. "

Actually, the experts are experts in the matter.

If you think that you know better or that your personal experience of a few dozen people provides more information than a population of over 67 million or the global population then so be it.

Do stay safe, and please don't endanger others.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Everyone is an expert on the matter either from what they're told by the government's or said people on YouTube. Just go off personal experiences, it's the only way. Make your own decisions and never be coerced either way. Hopefully will end soon with things never actually being as bad as stated. Stay safe peeps. "

My personal experience is that relying on experts (actual experts, working within the consensus) saves money, time, health, possibly life. So I'll keep doing that.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

For the 1.3 million people estimated to have long covid and the families of the 150,000 plus fatalities this far I don't think it can ever be stated just how bad it actually is ..

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"Kinda what I was thinking

"Omicron could be ‘first ray of light’ towards living with Covid | Coronavirus | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/08/omicron-shows-covid-may-become-more-like-common-cold-says-uk-expert"

Good evening OP, sorry to dampen the mood but omicron , unlike previous variants, has the ability to mice, turkey, chicken and other animals ACE2 receptors. Does this matter you may ask, well it does a lot.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.31.474653v1

Covid is starting to spread from humans into other species and Omicron may very well be as a result of reverse zoonosis +\- passage through an immmumocompromised person.

Bottom line- we might think we can ‘live with Covid’ but Covid does’nt need us to survive. Mutations that occur within a species are general less virulent and more transmissible, however what’s less virulent for one species could be high pathogenic for another.

In fairness SAGE pointed this out over a year ago- letting the UK and areas of the world with high levels of cases is very very risky if reverse zoonosis or recombination is possible eg( Mers in camels).

Let’s see what the next variant brings…. But letting the virus loose at high levels without suppression is not a sustainable plan long term.

"Everyone is an expert on the matter either from what they're told by the government's or said people on YouTube. Just go off personal experiences, it's the only way. Make your own decisions and never be coerced either way. Hopefully will end soon with things never actually being as bad as stated. Stay safe peeps.

For the 1.3 million people estimated to have long covid and the families of the 150,000 plus fatalities this far I don't think it can ever be stated just how bad it actually is .."

But that's just what you've been told . By the same people stating people were dropping dead on the streets. Remember the news, hazmat suits and people dead. Bet you've never seen that in real life. Just a thought.

West London

"Everyone is an expert on the matter either from what they're told by the government's or said people on YouTube. Just go off personal experiences, it's the only way. Make your own decisions and never be coerced either way. Hopefully will end soon with things never actually being as bad as stated. Stay safe peeps.

For the 1.3 million people estimated to have long covid and the families of the 150,000 plus fatalities this far I don't think it can ever be stated just how bad it actually is ..

But that's just what you've been told . By the same people stating people were dropping dead on the streets. Remember the news, hazmat suits and people dead. Bet you've never seen that in real life. Just a thought. "

Oh, none of this has actually happened? People have imagined being in hospital or their friends and relations dying? Medical staff are hallucinating?

Righto

But that's just what you've been told . By the same people stating people were dropping dead on the streets. Remember the news, hazmat suits and people dead. Bet you've never seen that in real life. Just a thought.

Oh, none of this has actually happened? People have imagined being in hospital or their friends and relations dying? Medical staff are hallucinating?

Righto "

mad how the so called death rates are lower than before the plandemic. How does that figure?

By *ikerguylondonMan  over a year ago

NW Kent

Currently be it by vacinattion or infection it's thought that 98% of the UK have some degree of aquired immunity to covid which is why our hospital numbers aren't going crazy in keeping with case numbers.

In terms of the unvaccinated son who wasn't impacted, I didn't read the paper myself but so this is 3rd hand knowledge but the younger someome is the less developed their cells and the harder it is for Covid to attach. As you mature your cells present a larger surface to attack and the larger target improves the chance of a bad infection. As people get older cells become more prone to damage and this increases the ease of attacking them by the virus with the elderly being especially at risk.

There are some people where taking the vaccine is a significant risk compared to getting the virus. If you have had covid inside the last 4 weeks you shoulf hold off on getting the vaccine as it increases the risk of a negative outcome. For everyone else you're more liely to get negative effects from Covid than the vaccine so with how fast it is spreading it makes more sense to get vaxed in my opinion.

Every case could result in a mutation that starts the whole process a new but for the moment the Omicron varient seems less agressive and easier to spread so may be doing a lot towards moving this from pendemic to endemic. Only time will tell though.

Hi new years eve I finished work, came home and felt terrible I had all symptoms of covid, lateral flow negative pcr negative spent4 days in bed still not right a virus not covid

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

My son and his partner caught it and Christmas and were quite poorly but both triple vaxxed, and they were in my house the day before, no one in my house tested positive and none of us are vaxxed. Go figure. "

Nobody was vaxxed in the first year of covid yet a hell of a lot of people caught it and died. People seem to forget the fear and panic that closed down the whole of the world. The vaccines have meant life is pretty much normal now. And the unvaccinated should appreciate those that have received their vaccines as if no one had taken them we would all still be stuck indoors watching some hairy guy do aerobics and relying on Asda to not bring squashed bread

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Righto

mad how the so called death rates are lower than before the plandemic. How does that figure? "

Two things in particular...

Because people followed the expert advice.

Because people got vaccinated.

It's that simple.

Winston

Righto

mad how the so called death rates are lower than before the plandemic. How does that figure?

It's that simple.

Winston"

But isn't it funny how the hospitals were soo busy, like over run with not enough ventilators or staff. Yet tik toks were practiced filmed on a daily basis in empty hospitals. Just makes no sense to meat all

Nobody was vaxxed in the first year of covid yet a hell of a lot of people caught it and died. People seem to forget the fear and panic that closed down the whole of the world. The vaccines have meant life is pretty much normal now. And the unvaccinated should appreciate those that have received their vaccines as if no one had taken them we would all still be stuck indoors watching some hairy guy do aerobics and relying on Asda to not bring squashed bread "

But now all you heroic people are vaxed and not suffering adverse reactions, or death we're still in this shit show. When civil liberties are completely taken away you should appreciate the people who stood up and tried to protect them for all. Nothings ever changed out there in the real world. Nothing at all, people die, that's nature. How can a pandemic be that deadly and severe when less people died in 2019 than 2020 . Crazy

Righto

It's that simple.

Winston

But isn't it funny how the hospitals were soo busy, like over run with not enough ventilators or staff. Yet tik toks were practiced filmed on a daily basis in empty hospitals. Just makes no sense to meat all "

You visited every hospital to confirm there actually were enough ventilators and that the hospitals were empty?

Winston

Nobody was vaxxed in the first year of covid yet a hell of a lot of people caught it and died. People seem to forget the fear and panic that closed down the whole of the world. The vaccines have meant life is pretty much normal now. And the unvaccinated should appreciate those that have received their vaccines as if no one had taken them we would all still be stuck indoors watching some hairy guy do aerobics and relying on Asda to not bring squashed bread

But now all you heroic people are vaxed and not suffering adverse reactions, or death we're still in this shit show. When civil liberties are completely taken away you should appreciate the people who stood up and tried to protect them for all. Nothings ever changed out there in the real world. Nothing at all, people die, that's nature. How can a pandemic be that deadly and severe when less people died in 2019 than 2020 . Crazy "

Surely you can work out why less people died before the pandemic hit and spread than after......

Winston

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Nobody was vaxxed in the first year of covid yet a hell of a lot of people caught it and died. People seem to forget the fear and panic that closed down the whole of the world. The vaccines have meant life is pretty much normal now. And the unvaccinated should appreciate those that have received their vaccines as if no one had taken them we would all still be stuck indoors watching some hairy guy do aerobics and relying on Asda to not bring squashed bread "

Amongst all the seriousness and angst (understandable) the great British humour shines through.

“stuck indoors watching some hairy guy do aerobics and relying on Asda to not bring squashed bread“

Made me actually LOL

West London

Righto

It's that simple.

Winston

But isn't it funny how the hospitals were soo busy, like over run with not enough ventilators or staff. Yet tik toks were practiced filmed on a daily basis in empty hospitals. Just makes no sense to meat all "

Again, are you saying that all medical staff everywhere on the planet are taking part in a global deception?

Is it funny that normal wards were empty because non-emergency treatment was cancelled.

Just for clarity, because I find it interesting, are you saying that a video on TikTok is reliable because it cannot be faked whereas the news is completely unreliable?

West London

But now all you heroic people are vaxed and not suffering adverse reactions, or death we're still in this shit show. When civil liberties are completely taken away you should appreciate the people who stood up and tried to protect them for all. Nothings ever changed out there in the real world. Nothing at all, people die, that's nature. How can a pandemic be that deadly and severe when less people died in 2019 than 2020 . Crazy "

If you only believe what you see then does that mean that almost nobody dies or is born?

I mean, how many deaths and births have you witnessed in person?

What is the information that you use and trust to tell you how many people were I'll and died before 2020 and how many since?

Again good to get a more reliable source than the data collected by the ONS.

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

https://www.statista.com/statistics/281488/number-of-deaths-in-the-united-kingdom-uk/

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

That's not a very well thought out post, it doesn't fit your agenda at all and you really need to keep up with unfolding events and statistics.

Sounds like a drowning man's last gasp for recognition to be honest.

» Add a new message to this topic