FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid in the young ones

Covid in the young ones

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Our 12 year old tested positive on 1st January. She woke with a very painful throat & back pain.

I thought she would be well after a few days. She has improved vastly, but her symptoms change almost daily, the cough started on day 7, shes currently in bed with a bad headache & aches.

Originally she had a fever, now shes got cold shivers. Has anyone else nursed a young family member with covid?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry, I hope she feels better soon.

"I'm sorry, I hope she feels better soon."

Thank you

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

Has she had a PCR to confirm? Actually sounds more like flu. Either way hope she is feeling better soon.

"Has she had a PCR to confirm? Actually sounds more like flu. Either way hope she is feeling better soon."

She tested positive on PCR on 1st January after she tested positive on a LF at home. I took her straight to the testing centre

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Our little grandson had covid our daughter was advised all she could give was calpol or if old enough paracetamol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Would 111 be able to help?

Having shivers suggests to me that she's still got a temperature. It sounds horrible for the poor thing. Paracetamol, plenty of fluids and daytime telly are my usual prescription for I'll kids.

Hope she feels better soon

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

*ill kids

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Recent experience in people close to me (vaccinated adults, sorry) - the advice they got was to seek medical attention if temperature rises above 40 after paracetamol is used to suppress, otherwise comfort care. (That's just fever specific advice - also watch out for signs of breathlessness or low oxygen, including confusion. If those show up, seek medical attention)

You are all very kind, Thank you. I've been checking her oxygen levels (her sister is a chronic asthmatic so I have those kind of things) paracetamol does seem to keep her reasonably comfortable thank goodness. Her breathing is good. Shes had 1 jab, I naively assumed she would be fine after 3/4 days. Wrong

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Our 12 year old tested positive on 1st January. She woke with a very painful throat & back pain.

I thought she would be well after a few days. She has improved vastly, but her symptoms change almost daily, the cough started on day 7, shes currently in bed with a bad headache & aches.

Originally she had a fever, now shes got cold shivers. Has anyone else nursed a young family member with covid?"

Don't listen to us!

111 and check the NHS site, also your GP.

Hope they do get better soon and you are obviously doing the best that you can.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My 3 had it back in October, ages 15 14 and 10. Eldest and youngest were rough as in shivery/ flu like for 3/4 days, middle child only had mild cold symptoms accompanied by a dry cough. He still has an occasional cough nearly 3 months later from it. Hope your daughter is better soon

Just want to make it clear, we have no medical emergency. I'm asking for others experiences

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"Our 12 year old tested positive on 1st January. She woke with a very painful throat & back pain.

Originally she had a fever, now shes got cold shivers. Has anyone else nursed a young family member with covid?"

My youngest tested positive a few days after Christmas. He's 15 years old and has reduced lung function due to having been born 15 weeks premature and multiple pneumonias. I was so worried for him but day 1 was actually the worst for him. He had a temp up to 40 deg, headache and sore throat. He perked up massively by the next day. Temp went back to normal after a few days and he just has a cough now. Oxygen sats stayed normal but heart rate was quite elevated in the first few days.

I think like me he just has some light headedness now. Im keeping an eye on the cough.

(He was unvaxxed)

Originally she had a fever, now shes got cold shivers. Has anyone else nursed a young family member with covid?

My youngest tested positive a few days after Christmas. He's 15 years old and has reduced lung function due to having been born 15 weeks premature and multiple pneumonias. I was so worried for him but day 1 was actually the worst for him. He had a temp up to 40 deg, headache and sore throat. He perked up massively by the next day. Temp went back to normal after a few days and he just has a cough now. Oxygen sats stayed normal but heart rate was quite elevated in the first few days.

I think like me he just has some light headedness now. Im keeping an eye on the cough.

(He was unvaxxed)"

Prems are mega strong. We have a 24 weeker here (not the daughter who has covid)

But shes strong as a ox now

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

(He was unvaxxed)

Prems are mega strong. We have a 24 weeker here (not the daughter who has covid)

But shes strong as a ox now"

Aww deffo stronger than we think!

It was a mission doing an lft on him tho..i think it brought back too many bad memories of the NG tube!

Hope your 12 yr old gets better soon

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Same as me then, plenty fluids and paracetimol and let her sleep.

Starts to ease of day 6 though still feel a bit sicky 9 days later.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

My 10 yr old had it just before xmas.luckily she only felt rough for cpl af days and calpol seemed to do the trick,her biggest moan is that she was bored

"My 10 yr old had it just before xmas.luckily she only felt rough for cpl af days and calpol seemed to do the trick,her biggest moan is that she was bored"

Very lucky indeed

» Add a new message to this topic