FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > A positive from the last couple of years

A positive from the last couple of years

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igNick1381 OP   Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

On this forum it's easy to focus on the negatives, but can anyone look back and think of something you've done that you may not have been able to during normal times

For instance, because I was working from home and a planned holiday was cancelled, I rescued an elderly husky with terminal cancer. I likely couldn't have done it in normal time's as I'd be out most of the day with work etc

He had a good 15 month's and passed peacefully and I like to think he knew he was loved in his final year

Anyone else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Well done OP for giving him a home and looking after him in his last days, two rescue dogs ourselves and know it hurts when we have lost others..

Probably for us would be the volunteering to do our bit in this time, not done it before and it might be something to stay involved in with in some capacity..

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Volunteering has been very rewarding.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

[Removed by poster at 10/01/22 22:47:49]

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

FAB was operating throughout, thanks to the dedication of this sites staff. Was that enough brown nosing to get a reduction on our renewal subscription

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Volunteering.

Finding out just how much I can do.

Mr KC and I working together together. We've worked for the same organisation since before COVID but working from the same room was actually really nice

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"On this forum it's easy to focus on the negatives, but can anyone look back and think of something you've done that you may not have been able to during normal times

For instance, because I was working from home and a planned holiday was cancelled, I rescued an elderly husky with terminal cancer. I likely couldn't have done it in normal time's as I'd be out most of the day with work etc

He had a good 15 month's and passed peacefully and I like to think he knew he was loved in his final year

Anyone else?"

Some people have done amazing things, taken the opportunity and made a silver lining from this fucking cloud.. And I'm truly in awe of them. Some people have really struggled and Continue to struggle. Im really struggling to think of something positive from the last 2 years.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Isolation, lack of distraction and lots of time to think made me finally come to terms with my identity and begin transitioning.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Volunteering, evolving business opportunities

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

Great post OP.

I've managed to do loads of positives including being involved in helping set up sustainable alternatives, I've made good life long friends with several different groups. Folk can spend their time fuelling division, or can come together and doing marvelous things. Best thing I did though was turning off the news lol

» Add a new message to this topic