FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > NHS vs Carers

NHS vs Carers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *imjohn OP   Couple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

NHS have won a battle to stop mandatory vaccinations but as yet still haven't decided on carers.

The main industry that endorses and tells the UK how important vaccinations are have a large proportion internally who think different, as the government was unfair in forcing care homes to sack their workers who wasn't given the same privileges as the NHS will these people now be compensated for unfair dismissal.

Me and John have been vaccinated before anyone says anything but this rash decision by the government to protect its NHS workers has made a lot of people rethink their choices for the vaccinations...if its not safe for the NHS endorsing it giving their workers leeway then is it safe for the rest of us who had it.

It's like the Boris parties do as we say not as we do.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

The NHS lost the battle to protect the service from idiotic employees. Hopefully the carers who care arent as stupifyingly ignorant and don't exploit the political convenience of placating the cult of the anti vax plebicites

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I believe its about 5% of NHS workers who aren't vaccinated so it's not an endorsement by the NHS to be unvaccinated.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"The NHS lost the battle to protect the service from idiotic employees. Hopefully the carers who care arent as stupifyingly ignorant and don't exploit the political convenience of placating the cult of the anti vax plebicites"

Yes but giving in to the main organisation who endorsed it as crippled any belief or confidence people had in it.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"I believe its about 5% of NHS workers who aren't vaccinated so it's not an endorsement by the NHS to be unvaccinated. "

The figures were more like 24%

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"NHS have won a battle to stop mandatory vaccinations but as yet still haven't decided on carers.

The main industry that endorses and tells the UK how important vaccinations are have a large proportion internally who think different, as the government was unfair in forcing care homes to sack their workers who wasn't given the same privileges as the NHS will these people now be compensated for unfair dismissal.

Me and John have been vaccinated before anyone says anything but this rash decision by the government to protect its NHS workers has made a lot of people rethink their choices for the vaccinations...if its not safe for the NHS endorsing it giving their workers leeway then is it safe for the rest of us who had it.

It's like the Boris parties do as we say not as we do."

I left my job due to this jab or no job crap, as soon as the government uturned, I was invited back to a discussion with management, will be going back soon, and yeh im thinking in the times to come there could be compensation as they tried to threaten me and others.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"NHS have won a battle to stop mandatory vaccinations but as yet still haven't decided on carers.

I left my job due to this jab or no job crap, as soon as the government uturned, I was invited back to a discussion with management, will be going back soon, and yeh im thinking in the times to come there could be compensation as they tried to threaten me and others."

Yes too many people have been treated unfairly whilst others do as they wish,

People should have the right of choice and if things are mandatory then them levels should be set across the board with no exceptions.

The government and now the NHS have made a mockery of the system rules we all are supposed to follow.

I left my job due to this jab or no job crap, as soon as the government uturned, I was invited back to a discussion with management, will be going back soon, and yeh im thinking in the times to come there could be compensation as they tried to threaten me and others.

People should have the right of choice and if things are mandatory then them levels should be set across the board with no exceptions.

The government and now the NHS have made a mockery of the system rules we all are supposed to follow."

Being on the front line was a p.//take, my managers were at their homes zooming me from their gardens ha I laugh now but it has shown me how wide the divide is and how they will run to save their skins by trampling over us.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I left my job due to this jab or no job crap, as soon as the government uturned, I was invited back to a discussion with management, will be going back soon, and yeh im thinking in the times to come there could be compensation as they tried to threaten me and others."

Oh yea compensation more money that will be taken out of the nhs

The question remains why there's such a high percentage of front line workers who refuse the jab. Maybe things weren't what they were made out to be in the first place.

Oh yea compensation more money that will be taken out of the nhs "

yes along with the billions for wasted ppe, and private concerns, so I will have my bit and I hope all the other workers who felt afraid of their jobs, had to work whilst others shielded etc have there day as well it is the least we deserve from a caring public.

"The question remains why there's such a high percentage of front line workers who refuse the jab. Maybe things weren't what they were made out to be in the first place. "

maybe you have a point.

from my view I don't like bullies so I would never do what one would want me to do.

plus I wish I had held a party.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"The question remains why there's such a high percentage of front line workers who refuse the jab. Maybe things weren't what they were made out to be in the first place. "

This was our main argument "do" NHS staff know something we don't and because they do have somehow to everyone's astonishment been given special rights when other workers have been sacked.

"The question remains why there's such a high percentage of front line workers who refuse the jab. Maybe things weren't what they were made out to be in the first place.

maybe you have a point.

from my view I don't like bullies so I would never do what one would want me to do.

plus I wish I had held a party."

I'm doubtful the truth will ever come out tbh. But I'm fully aware things aren't what they seem. It's absolutely amazing the game that's been played.

I do not work for the Nhs im one of the people who was all of a sudden considered a key worker.

"The question remains why there's such a high percentage of front line workers who refuse the jab. Maybe things weren't what they were made out to be in the first place.

This was our main argument "do" NHS staff know something we don't and because they do have somehow to everyone's astonishment been given special rights when other workers have been sacked.

"

I asked that question when I discovered party gate what do they know, where is the fear from them, why are they laughing?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The vaccines are incredibly safe. Let's put that one to bed.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

why shouldnt they be compensated if they lost there jobs for not being vaxxed when its now looking like its not going to be mandatory and sems most care homes are private concerns why will it cost the nhs money?

Central

maybe you have a point.

I'm doubtful the truth will ever come out tbh. But I'm fully aware things aren't what they seem. It's absolutely amazing the game that's been played. "

It's worth pulling apart your points -

I think it's entirely reasonable that a party run by a lifelong liar, who has filled government roles with similarly incompeteny, fawning near sociopaths, has formed the culture that will prevent the full truth from being disclosed.

The scientific medical literature has very open records upon the virus and medical interventions, which are divorced from 1 solitary government. There's no universal conspiracy, which others have mentioned, that appears to have any grounding.

As for government messages, they have often been atrocious.

Central

"

If a specific type of NHS employee, such as epidemiologists, were refusing the vaccines, it may highlight that their expertise suggests something.

It's typically not those, but a diverse spread of staff, especially lower income levels and amongst BAME etc

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Well just because its the sacred cow we call the NHS does not abrogate their obligations to employment law. If employees have been treated unfairly then they should be held to account.

Well just because its the sacred cow we call the NHS does not abrogate their obligations to employment law. If employees have been treated unfairly then they should be held to account. "

have I already said that I do not work for the Nhs,

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"I believe its about 5% of NHS workers who aren't vaccinated so it's not an endorsement by the NHS to be unvaccinated.

The figures were more like 24%"

The number is 77,000 although it's believed it could be lower as the stats catch up so its actually 5.5%

Tin town

I asked that question when I discovered party gate what do they know, where is the fear from them, why are they laughing?"

It's a fair question. How did they have the confidence to hold parties and mingle and not be fearful for their lives and their grandmother's while at the same time the messages were... Stay home stop the spread save the nhs? Did they have access to other science that showed other facts? Or did they choose to ignore the science that was used to lock us all down?

A corollary question... How many of them caught covid or were hospitalised because of it?

"I believe its about 5% of NHS workers who aren't vaccinated so it's not an endorsement by the NHS to be unvaccinated.

The number is 77,000 although it's believed it could be lower as the stats catch up so its actually 5.5% "

So patients are statistically more likely to catch Covid from vaccinated staff.

I asked that question when I discovered party gate what do they know, where is the fear from them, why are they laughing?

It's a fair question. How did they have the confidence to hold parties and mingle and not be fearful for their lives and their grandmother's while at the same time the messages were... Stay home stop the spread save the nhs? Did they have access to other science that showed other facts? Or did they choose to ignore the science that was used to lock us all down?

A corollary question... How many of them caught covid or were hospitalised because of it? "

the more we question the more murky it gets

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

The fact is nobody WON anything

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

The government and now the NHS have made a mockery of the system rules we all are supposed to follow.

Being on the front line was a p.//take, my managers were at their homes zooming me from their gardens ha I laugh now but it has shown me how wide the divide is and how they will run to save their skins by trampling over us."

Totally agree...the higher paid managers were at home, GP'S were in hiding whilst practice nurses still saw people.

The number is 77,000 although it's believed it could be lower as the stats catch up so its actually 5.5%

So patients are statistically more likely to catch Covid from vaccinated staff."

that's all well and good but im afraid I do not work for the Nhs, some may not be aware but social care is a massive endeavour which only the Nhs is a part of.

you are pretty much guaranteed to meet some sort of social care worker but because we lost our key worker status under Cameron only for it to be reinstated without the pay due to the pandemic.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

The RCN have recommended vaccination for their members.

It's nothing like the Boris party's. That's quite a stretch to suggest.

Winston

Clacton on sea, Essex

So patients are statistically more likely to catch Covid from vaccinated staff."

NHS not sticking to their guns have ruined any credibility they had in telling people vaccinations were important and crucial, they aren't important enough for their own staff so why others...you need to set an example if others are to follow.

The decision to make a strange and surprising u-turn made anything they first endorsed a complete farce

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The intended mandation wasn't stopped because the NHS suddenly decided it wasn't safe, it still is deemed safe by the scientific community and the NHS..

It was more about a PM looking to deflect, more bad political headlines on top of rising energy and food prices etc at the same time and a shortage of workers in an already understaffed public service..

Tin town

"The fact is nobody WON anything"
not sure anybody has suggested anybody won. However most people had weddings funerals anniversaries celebrations freshers et al events cancelled and curtailed for fear... And it seems a secret cabale knew different facts and behaved differently. Its reasonable to question why.

in Lancashire

Look at the actual uptake in the NHS opposed to those who have not had it, in no way can anyone make such a claim as you have based upon the reality..

"The fact is nobody WON anything"

Apart from the heads of multimillion dollar industries which have gotten even wealthier while the rest of us were left to rot in all sorts of hell! It seems they (including politicians and the like) didn't give a shit, partying away while the rest of us were expected to isolate, to rot in loneliness, not being permitted to work, thereby losing income and/or savings

So your "fact" is definitely not a fact - plenty of people winning here, just not the average Joe Blogg - but we don't matter in the grand scheme, we're dispensable

By *BBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in suffolk

I think the carers who had the vax because they couldn't afford to lose there job......

Oh i just think Boris an his cronies walked all over us carers,i have no words as to how it makes me feel!!

in Lancashire

At the start the care sector was treated disgustingly by this government in sending home residents who they knew were positive with covid, into homes with elderly and vulnerable occupants and staff under equipped and ill prepared for what came..

Estimated that 45,000 care home residents have died of covid in the last two years, how many staff too?

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

NHS not sticking to their guns have ruined any credibility they had in telling people vaccinations were important and crucial, they aren't important enough for their own staff so why others...you need to set an example if others are to follow.

The decision to make a strange and surprising u-turn made anything they first endorsed a complete farce"

No-one with any intelligence will have changed their opinion on the vaccine’s safety and efficacy because of the minority of NHS staff who are ignorant.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"At the start the care sector was treated disgustingly by this government in sending home residents who they knew were positive with covid, into homes with elderly and vulnerable occupants and staff under equipped and ill prepared for what came..

Estimated that 45,000 care home residents have died of covid in the last two years, how many staff too?"

The government now claim to have a massive stock of PPE gear not quite up to standards yet none of this even if sub standard was even passed over to to carers who unlike their counterparts in the NHS had the luxury of PPE.

To now tell the carers who were sacked for also being on the frontline like their counterparts risking their lives too that they lost their jobs for nothing is an insult allowing a rule for one profession and not another.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"

Yes. I wonder the same thing too and also a doctor said that the science isnt strong enought to support the vaccine mandates, which I agree with.

Oh yea compensation more money that will be taken out of the nhs why shouldnt they be compensated if they lost there jobs for not being vaxxed when its now looking like its not going to be mandatory and sems most care homes are private concerns why will it cost the nhs money?"

Good luck in an employment tribunal

Judge: So MR X you are claiming unfair dismissal from your role in a care home due to being unvaxinated.

Mr X: Yup

Judge: You agree that at that time it was the Law in England that you had to be vaccinated in a care setting?.

Mr X: Yes but it wasnt necessary and that law isnt being enforced now.

Judge: wether you feel it necessary or otherwise and that it isnt being enforced now is under law irrelevant (still not been repealed, just under review) it remains the case that it WAS the law when you were dimissed. No case to answer. Legally dismissal. Claimant to lose deposit and pay other side costs.

That may well seem harsh but employment tribunals will not overule Parlimentary Legislated Law.

Yes. I wonder the same thing too and also a doctor said that the science isnt strong enought to support the vaccine mandates, which I agree with."

Is it such a high percentage? really? what like 60, 70, 80 or even 90% or do you mean a small minority? Might still number 10's of thousands but with an employer of 1.6 million a big mumber does not make a big percentage.

And how many of these are cleaners, porters, receptionists, maintainence staff etc? .. you know these NHS workers who know something we dont?

If we are using that 'what do they know' argument then what about the majority who have been vaccinated, what do they know?

What about ALL the professional bodies that recomend vacination. What do they know?

What about the worldwide medical organisations and countries recomending vaccinations? what do they know?

Oh yeah a doctor questioned it and some people dont want a vaccination so something must be afoot ..... ill ignore everything else

Yes. I wonder the same thing too and also a doctor said that the science isnt strong enought to support the vaccine mandates, which I agree with.

Is it such a high percentage? really? what like 60, 70, 80 or even 90% or do you mean a small minority? Might still number 10's of thousands but with an employer of 1.6 million a big mumber does not make a big percentage.

And how many of these are cleaners, porters, receptionists, maintainence staff etc? .. you know these NHS workers who know something we dont?

If we are using that 'what do they know' argument then what about the majority who have been vaccinated, what do they know?

What about ALL the professional bodies that recomend vacination. What do they know?

What about the worldwide medical organisations and countries recomending vaccinations? what do they know?

Oh yeah a doctor questioned it and some people dont want a vaccination so something must be afoot ..... ill ignore everything else

"

Plenty out there questioning it, plenty being silenced and censored too. But, hey - what do they know. In fact, what does anyone really know?

I know for a fact, that I have bodily autonomy. I know for a fact that everybody has bodily autonomy and has the right to refuse anything being mandated into their bodies.

The question is - are people practicing that bodily autonomy? And those who don't - do they feel they have been coerced and manipulated into taking something they didn't want or believe in AND have they had the integrity to stand up for their bodily autonomy?

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

R. I. P. All the NHS staff who died of COVID

By *nsatiable NurseWoman  over a year ago

Brighton

Still plenty of vacancies in the NHS for non-idiotic employees. Don't diss it until you've tried it

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

"The fact is nobody WON anything not sure anybody has suggested anybody won. However most people had weddings funerals anniversaries celebrations freshers et al events cancelled and curtailed for fear... And it seems a secret cabale knew different facts and behaved differently. Its reasonable to question why. "

They knew the risks but humans do as humans want. Just because they are in power doesn’t make them suddenly become saints. They presumed nobody would find out just like the majority of the population who did take risks.

And just because we have idiots in charge doesn’t mean we should all do as we please , it means we should always do what’s right for your close family and friends. Having been in Italy when it first started opened my eyes to the carnage it can cause

Oh yea compensation more money that will be taken out of the nhs why shouldnt they be compensated if they lost there jobs for not being vaxxed when its now looking like its not going to be mandatory and sems most care homes are private concerns why will it cost the nhs money?

Judge: So MR X you are claiming unfair dismissal from your role in a care home due to being unvaxinated.

Judge: You agree that at that time it was the Law in England that you had to be vaccinated in a care setting?.

Judge: wether you feel it necessary or otherwise and that it isnt being enforced now is under law irrelevant (still not been repealed, just under review) it remains the case that it WAS the law when you were dimissed. No case to answer. Legally dismissal. Claimant to lose deposit and pay other side costs.

That may well seem harsh but employment tribunals will not overule Parlimentary Legislated Law.

"

When one follows their own narrative, the ability to read is lost, I think now it is the 3rd occasion that I need to say 'I do not work for the Nhs'.

I may be forced to start my own 'I do not work for the Nhs thread, but I fear it would be ignored.

market rasen

Yes. I wonder the same thing too and also a doctor said that the science isnt strong enought to support the vaccine mandates, which I agree with."

So only 5/6% of 1.4million workers would make you think the vaccine isn’t safe ?? Meaning you would rather trust the 77,000 than the other 1.4 million. Ok that makes sense !! If you ever get on who wants to be a millionaire and ask the audience comes up I hope you go for the lowest amount on there as well for your million pound question

Clacton on sea, Essex

So only 5/6% of 1.4million workers would make you think the vaccine isn’t safe ?? Meaning you would rather trust the 77,000 than the other 1.4 million. Ok that makes sense !! If you ever get on who wants to be a millionaire and ask the audience comes up I hope you go for the lowest amount on there as well for your million pound question "

So what makes NHS exempt to carers who were forced to have it, the government making drastic u turns have caused a shit storm putting one group above all others without thinking about the consequences.

So only 5/6% of 1.4million workers would make you think the vaccine isn’t safe ?? Meaning you would rather trust the 77,000 than the other 1.4 million. Ok that makes sense !! If you ever get on who wants to be a millionaire and ask the audience comes up I hope you go for the lowest amount on there as well for your million pound question

So what makes NHS exempt to carers who were forced to have it, the government making drastic u turns have caused a shit storm putting one group above all others without thinking about the consequences. "

Could it be because many care homes are private? (Thats a genuine question btw.)

market rasen

So what makes NHS exempt to carers who were forced to have it, the government making drastic u turns have caused a shit storm putting one group above all others without thinking about the consequences. "

That’s a different question to the one I’ve answered. I don’t know the ins and outs of the care system.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

There is no comparison.

Care Workers needed to be and should have been jabbed to protect themselves and others around them as should the NHS have been but delayed.

If Omicron hadn't had taken over the bulk of the UK population in Dec and Jan, then these measures would have still been enforced.

Delta had been quickly outpaced by Omicron which was a far less pathogenic variant, therefore changing the game globally. It was simply bad timing that Care was put in first then Omicron came as a blessing.

As for compensation, no way, as they left voluntary and had not got to the point of dismissal.

If, by remote chance another variant arrives that is as bad or worse than Delta, then compulsory vaccine is back on the table.

There us no rules to management of a pandemic and changes dynamically with response to suit.

"There is no comparison.

Care Workers needed to be and should have been jabbed to protect themselves and others around them as should the NHS have been but delayed.

If Omicron hadn't had taken over the bulk of the UK population in Dec and Jan, then these measures would have still been enforced.

Delta had been quickly outpaced by Omicron which was a far less pathogenic variant, therefore changing the game globally. It was simply bad timing that Care was put in first then Omicron came as a blessing.

As for compensation, no way, as they left voluntary and had not got to the point of dismissal.

If, by remote chance another variant arrives that is as bad or worse than Delta, then compulsory vaccine is back on the table.

There us no rules to management of a pandemic and changes dynamically with response to suit."

they didn't seem to care about this whilst continually holding parties in most government offices, no fear, no vax, these are the people who control this data you advise us about.

I do hope they did the figures before bring your own wine time.

these people can no longer advise me on anything

market rasen

"There is no comparison.

There us no rules to management of a pandemic and changes dynamically with response to suit.

they didn't seem to care about this whilst continually holding parties in most government offices, no fear, no vax, these are the people who control this data you advise us about.

these people can no longer advise me on anything"

So them drinking wine meant that the hundred odd thousand people didn’t die from covid ? Get real. They had parties coz they are idiots not because there was no danger .

all around

" not sure anybody has suggested anybody won. "

Maybe you should read the first Post ?

Anyway, the fact is that the understanding of the virus, the vaccination program and the mutation of the virus has changed the whole ballgame ... For now

The deadline for getting nhs staff vaccinated has changed that doesn't mean that the original decision, made in a different circumstance was incorrect or that it won't become a requirement in the future, it simply means that at the present moment in time it's not the same priority.

Nobody "won", nobody "lost" but people are still dying from Covid and the sad fact is the majority are unvaccinated.

" not sure anybody has suggested anybody won.

Anyway, the fact is that the understanding of the virus, the vaccination program and the mutation of the virus has changed the whole ballgame ... For now

The deadline for getting nhs staff vaccinated has changed that doesn't mean that the original decision, made in a different circumstance was incorrect or that it won't become a requirement in the future, it simply means that at the present moment in time it's not the same priority.

Nobody "won", nobody "lost" but people are still dying from Covid and the sad fact is the majority are unvaccinated.

"

Sounds like you endorse COVID vaccines for health workers irrespective of the variant

Longridge

Any IDIOT can throw a party..

The Downing St parties are irrelevant to what was happening in the field. It was illegal for them to be held and rightly so.

Once proven beyond any doubt, they should be punished appropriately as would anyone else.

Omicron is the end game hopefully, the NHS have dodged a bullet in compulsory jabs, but this can change if another variant arrives that's as deadly as the first ones.

Just lucky for NHS staff it arrived when it did, bad timing for care workers although considerable protection would be gained for anyone taking a jab and not relying on live virus inoculation.

Longridge

As for endorsement.

I know many NHS workers who have taken vaccines and are more than happy to continue doing so, for the greater good.

What's the issue?

"There is no comparison.

these people can no longer advise me on anything

So them drinking wine meant that the hundred odd thousand people didn’t die from covid ? Get real. They had parties coz they are idiots not because there was no danger . "

Did say that its all on you.

"Any IDIOT can throw a party..

The Downing St parties are irrelevant to what was happening in the field. It was illegal for them to be held and rightly so.

Once proven beyond any doubt, they should be punished appropriately as would anyone else.

Omicron is the end game hopefully, the NHS have dodged a bullet in compulsory jabs, but this can change if another variant arrives that's as deadly as the first ones.

Just lucky for NHS staff it arrived when it did, bad timing for care workers although considerable protection would be gained for anyone taking a jab and not relying on live virus inoculation."

not can...did

"As for endorsement.

I know many NHS workers who have taken vaccines and are more than happy to continue doing so, for the greater good.

What's the issue?"

Some have taken issue with those nhs staff who didnt want the c-19 jab. No one seems to commend the many people who have had the jab. Those that are jabbed are in the majority, but people focus on those, that have not had it and want to pick on them.

I'm thinking maybe in the height of this trickery they knew the hospitals weren't overloaded. Maybe knew covid wasn't the real cause of most of the deaths and maybe even knew there was no difference to any other year. I don't think we'll ever find out but I know for all the people fearing for their lives they haven't been. And that speaks volumes to me.

"

I'm going to get shot to pieces for this but what if there wasn't a covid 19 to start with? I mean, yes we have flu and colds which people especially vulnerable but also healthy do die from these and always have. The media has the power to spread and convince we all know that and people in trust open there mouths and people believe. It's not daft, doesn't make people foolish it's purely an amazing game. Very very clever. As to why, who knows but that is definitely a realm that could be viable.

Oh yea compensation more money that will be taken out of the nhs why shouldnt they be compensated if they lost there jobs for not being vaxxed when its now looking like its not going to be mandatory and sems most care homes are private concerns why will it cost the nhs money?

When one follows their own narrative, the ability to read is lost, I think now it is the 3rd occasion that I need to say 'I do not work for the Nhs'.

I may be forced to start my own 'I do not work for the Nhs thread, but I fear it would be ignored."

When one follows their own narrative, the ability to read and understand is lost and wrong conclusions are reached.

Why would I be refering to you or the NHS? No NHS staff have been compulsary dismissed for not having a vaccine. Private care home staff have and that was to whom I was refering. They wont be compensated as they were lawfully dismissed.

I thought that would have been obvious but clearly the individuals narrative sometimes clouds the understanding. With a leap to the wrong conclusions, sadly a common occurance for some during this pandemic

Maybe I should start my own thread ' read, digest and understand' but I fear it wouldnt be read.

I may be forced to start my own 'I do not work for the Nhs thread, but I fear it would be ignored.

When one follows their own narrative, the ability to read and understand is lost and wrong conclusions are reached.

Why would I be refering to you or the NHS? No NHS staff have been compulsary dismissed for not having a vaccine. Private care home staff have and that was to whom I was refering. They wont be compensated as they were lawfully dismissed.

I thought that would have been obvious but clearly the individuals narrative sometimes clouds the understanding. With a leap to the wrong conclusions, sadly a common occurance for some during this pandemic

Maybe I should start my own thread ' read, digest and understand' but I fear it wouldnt be read."

Touchè

By *ookie.starrMan  over a year ago

Wirral/Liverpool

"The government now claim to have a massive stock of PPE gear not quite up to standards yet none of this even if sub standard was even passed over to to carers who unlike their counterparts in the NHS had the luxury of PPE.

To now tell the carers who were sacked for also being on the frontline like their counterparts risking their lives too that they lost their jobs for nothing is an insult allowing a rule for one profession and not another."

I worked through the first and second wave of the pandemic in COVID wards, I wish we had the luxury of PPE that actually we're fit for purpose! It's not and should never be us versus them between carers and NHS staff, we are all in this together, always have and always will. It's just unfortunate that the government doesn't see it that way and unfortunately, some proportion of the general public like to cause tension between social care and NHS staff.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

The figures were more like 24%"

Where did you get 24% unvaccinated from? As of Jan 19th the figure of unvaccinated nhs workers stood at 3.5%. No way is it 24% when the general population has a figure 8.8% of over 12s unvaccinated.

all around

"I'm going to get shot to pieces for this but what if there wasn't a covid 19 to start with? I mean, yes we have flu and colds which people especially vulnerable but also healthy do die from these and always have. The media has the power to spread and convince we all know that and people in trust open there mouths and people believe. It's not daft, doesn't make people foolish it's purely an amazing game. Very very clever. As to why, who knows but that is definitely a realm that could be viable. "

No, your absolutely correct it's February and the sun is shining but it's not abnormal it happens twice a year.

all around

Sounds like you endorse COVID vaccines for health workers irrespective of the variant "

You didn't hear me speak and I certainly didn't type what you think you read but feel free to draw your own conclusions.

Longridge

Without getting too far into it as I can't be bothered arguing.

Those that refused the vaccines should be grateful to the vast numbers willing have taken a chance on science and helped bring this under control.

Even Omicron would have become a beast not for underlying immunity vaccines provided. I didn't really want any of them, but I allowed it in the hope it would contribute.

I may regret it in 5 to 10 years but the reality is, more than likely everything will be OK. I like many others were willing to accept those odds and risks.

Nothing to do with tracking chips, DNA modification or any other false conspiracies given as a reason to refuse.

I accepted it in the belief it would make a difference to myself and a difference to people I know and those I'll never meet.

A number of years ago, I paid £350 for Meningitis jabs for my daughter as I had seen the results of this version that wasn't part of routine jabs.

Was I cruel to put her through the jab and inflicted 3 days after effects or right to help her prevent an infection taking hold where she could loose limbs or leave her drain damaged?

in Lancashire

Omicron is currently about 200,000 cases per day, according to the covid Zoe app..

It's likely to be a couple of months more before they drop to pre Omicron days..

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Plenty out there questioning it, plenty being silenced and censored too. But, hey - what do they know. In fact, what does anyone really know?

I know for a fact, that I have bodily autonomy. I know for a fact that everybody has bodily autonomy and has the right to refuse anything being mandated into their bodies.

The question is - are people practicing that bodily autonomy? And those who don't - do they feel they have been coerced and manipulated into taking something they didn't want or believe in AND have they had the integrity to stand up for their bodily autonomy?"

Covid doesn't care about your body autonomy.

Just sayin......

Winston

"Without getting too far into it as I can't be bothered arguing.

Those that refused the vaccines should be grateful to the vast numbers willing have taken a chance on science and helped bring this under control.

Even Omicron would have become a beast not for underlying immunity vaccines provided. I didn't really want any of them, but I allowed it in the hope it would contribute.

I may regret it in 5 to 10 years but the reality is, more than likely everything will be OK. I like many others were willing to accept those odds and risks.

Nothing to do with tracking chips, DNA modification or any other false conspiracies given as a reason to refuse.

I accepted it in the belief it would make a difference to myself and a difference to people I know and those I'll never meet.

A number of years ago, I paid £350 for Meningitis jabs for my daughter as I had seen the results of this version that wasn't part of routine jabs.

Was I cruel to put her through the jab and inflicted 3 days after effects or right to help her prevent an infection taking hold where she could loose limbs or leave her drain damaged?"

Immunity that wanes and lasts for a shorter amount of time with successive vaccines.

all around

You couldn't make it up lol

Or could you

Clacton on sea, Essex

With the Government now thinking that its not important enough for NHS workers to have vaccination jabs due to a changes in the variant it just leaves speculation to the importance of anyone having future jabs.

They give the message to the public jabs are no longer important like they were when 1000's of carers got sacked.

"The NHS lost the battle to protect the service from idiotic employees. Hopefully the carers who care arent as stupifyingly ignorant and don't exploit the political convenience of placating the cult of the anti vax plebicites"

So sorry you are so lost, you do not have a clue what any of these nhs workers are going through you show no empathy so I'm guessing you are fully vaxxd and blind to what is happening in the world around you but not blind through looking blind by ignorance for not thinking about others or more blind by the fear of dying of covid which has left you feeling poorly/selfish/arrogant inside so sorry no one can help you but yourself and please don't even go there with the carer's if this is your outlook on nhs workers!

The front line workers have seen what has happened with this vaccine roll out from start to finish and have first hand evidence why they don't want to be involved with it. Ask any of them they will say!

"

The vaccines are incredibly safe. Let's put that one to bed. "

oh dear so sorry you are so lost aswell but keep thinking this if it makes you feel safe

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

With the Government now thinking that its not important enough for NHS workers to have vaccination jabs due to a changes in the variant it just leaves speculation to the importance of anyone having future jabs.

They give the message to the public jabs are no longer important like they were when 1000's of carers got sacked."

The government haven't decided that it's not important to be vaccinated, they've decided that they can't afford to lose even a small percentage of the staff from the already understaffed NHS.

The 65 thousand or so who are still unvaccinated only account for under 5% of the 1.5 million NHS staff, but still a significant quantity of people.

I personally am a big supporter of vaccines, but also believe that making it mandatory was never the "right" thing to do. Luckily, 95% of NHS staff seemed confident that getting their jabs was the sensible thing to do before the mandate was suggested.

Cal

Durham

The front line workers have seen what has happened with this vaccine roll out from start to finish and have first hand evidence why they don't want to be involved with it. Ask any of them they will say!"

That is why more than 99% of nhs doctors are vaccinated and nearly 97% of nhs workers are. Ask any of those not the tiny fraction.

"

No-one with any intelligence will have changed their opinion on the vaccine’s safety and efficacy because of the minority of NHS staff who are ignorant."

This is ignorance at its best! How arrogant

in Lancashire

The front line workers have seen what has happened with this vaccine roll out from start to finish and have first hand evidence why they don't want to be involved with it. Ask any of them they will say!"

The ones in my direct family who are all front line in different areas of specialization who are all fully vaccinated have indeed seen that the vaccine roll out has saved lives by reducing severity of the disease across the board..

They have all said, 9 of them that the vaccine has worked and gotten us to where we are now which not at the end but a damn site better than this time twelve months ago..

By *ubguy12345Man  over a year ago

Stanhope

The government and now the NHS have made a mockery of the system rules we all are supposed to follow."

Well said.

all around

Where's the laugh out loud emoji when you need it lol

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Been no victory long term as the Human Rights Act is going to be amended … so that individuals will no longer have their rights come first … the good of the state will be what comes first … therefore NHs will enforce through the back door mandatory vaccinations

Scary times all rights are being undermined and removed for us

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Been no victory long term as the Human Rights Act is going to be amended … so that individuals will no longer have their rights come first … the good of the state will be what comes first … therefore NHs will enforce through the back door mandatory vaccinations

Scary times all rights are being undermined and removed for us "

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

The NHS has only paused it (probably because the deadline for getting your first vaccination was this week and they couldn't afford to lose any staff). We've just been told there's going to be "further consultation". So who knows what they're going to decide.

Durham

"The NHS has only paused it (probably because the deadline for getting your first vaccination was this week and they couldn't afford to lose any staff). We've just been told there's going to be "further consultation". So who knows what they're going to decide. "

I don't see how they can bring it in now the horse has bolted. I presume they will write into new contracts, existing staff can't easily have it inserted into their contracts. Quite a few companies are doing it. Some Football teams are not signing players unless vaccinated, can't do anything about the existing ones.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"The NHS has only paused it (probably because the deadline for getting your first vaccination was this week and they couldn't afford to lose any staff). We've just been told there's going to be "further consultation". So who knows what they're going to decide.

I don't see how they can bring it in now the horse has bolted. I presume they will write into new contracts, existing staff can't easily have it inserted into their contracts. Quite a few companies are doing it. Some Football teams are not signing players unless vaccinated, can't do anything about the existing ones."

This is the NHS, we regularly have our contracts and job descriptions ripped up and rewritten . They just have a consultantion period and basically tell us if we don't agree to the new terms, we're out of a job. They regularly do it with things like introducing Saturday working for jobs that were originally Monday-Friday. I had my hours cut, location and management changed and in the middle of the pandemic. The job is very different now to the one I applied for.

Tin town

"

Just want to check.. Youre saying the majority of deaths from covid are unvaccinated? Where are you getting that information from?

Because from the weekly covid surveillance report the deaths in table 12a on page 45 says...

Total deaths in the last 4 weeks...approx 5500

Of which unvaccinated are..approx 1000...

Durham

Just want to check.. Youre saying the majority of deaths from covid are unvaccinated? Where are you getting that information from?

Because from the weekly covid surveillance report the deaths in table 12a on page 45 says...

Total deaths in the last 4 weeks...approx 5500

Of which unvaccinated are..approx 1000...

"

In numerical terms you are correct but not statistically. So by your figures about 20% of deaths are unvaccinated. Unvaccinated people make up 8.8% of people over 12. A better comparison would be over 50s who are the vast majority of people who sadly die and around 98% of people are vaccinated.

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

It's a small minority that haven't accepted that they will have an experimental vaccine in their body. Surely that's their choice as is now agreed by the government. Maybe they've also seen the results of vaccine on some people which isn't nice. Remember, the vaccine doesn't stop them contracting covid or passing it on. The only person that is POSSIBLY protected is the person receiving the vaccine. It doesn't protect anyone else

Farnworth

Ate these the same idiotic employees that people were clapping every Thursday at 8.00 pm? Wow, hero to zero in days.

Farnworth

yes along with the billions for wasted ppe, and private concerns, so I will have my bit and I hope all the other workers who felt afraid of their jobs, had to work whilst others shielded etc have there day as well it is the least we deserve from a caring public."

And who were the one shouting for ppe in 2020?

Farnworth

The vaccines are incredibly safe. Let's put that one to bed. "

Would you like to tell that to my sister in law who's husband died from the vaccination? Listed on death certificate. So NOT incredibly safe at all

Farnworth

maybe you have a point.

I'm doubtful the truth will ever come out tbh. But I'm fully aware things aren't what they seem. It's absolutely amazing the game that's been played.

It's worth pulling apart your points -

I think it's entirely reasonable that a party run by a lifelong liar, who has filled government roles with similarly incompeteny, fawning near sociopaths, has formed the culture that will prevent the full truth from being disclosed.

The scientific medical literature has very open records upon the virus and medical interventions, which are divorced from 1 solitary government. There's no universal conspiracy, which others have mentioned, that appears to have any grounding.

As for government messages, they have often been atrocious. "

Guess you're a Corbyn or Mr Hindsight supporter

Farnworth

Strange question

Farnworth

The decision to make a strange and surprising u-turn made anything they first endorsed a complete farce"

It wasn't the NHS sticking to it's guns. Chinese whispers

The front line workers have seen what has happened with this vaccine roll out from start to finish and have first hand evidence why they don't want to be involved with it. Ask any of them they will say!

That is why more than 99% of nhs doctors are vaccinated and nearly 97% of nhs workers are. Ask any of those not the tiny fraction."

I am a NHS front liner and I’ve had all the vaccines when they started to roll them out for the NHS and booster….my choice no one else’s….and I’ve stood by my colleagues who chose not to have the vaccine, everyone of them have their own views to why they won’t have it and I’ll always stick by them. I’ve had them for myself, family and my patients !

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

It's the carers who were forced out of their jobs i feel for. No one stood up for them. The press and media vilified them are diseased and unclean. This despite the fact they worked through the pandemic with limited knowledge, limited ppe under harsh conditions on miminiun pay.

Never mind the NHS. What about these people? Their rights? They had families to feed bills to pay? This reversal in gov policy must open the avenues up for compensation.... But nobody stands up for carers.

The hard fact is that the vaccines were patches. We need two jabs, now a third now a fourth... Being double jabbed is not vaccinated, the booster only lasts weeks... Ultimately you can never be fully vaxed.... Therefore testing is more important than vaccines. They always have been. They prove you do not have it. They prove you cannot pass it one. They ultimately give you and everyone around you confidence.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

The carers were not listened to and the CQC and government were out of their depth. One care home close by has residents that can go home at weekends to their parents, who might not be vaccinated, likewise those coming to visit. This illustrates that for the staff, vaccination is truly pointless.

What they have found in the last weeks that despite most of the young staff who have been vaccinated it had been the unvaccinated staff who have not had repeat covid infections. This came about by those unvaccinated failing lft, but testing negative at pcr. One member failed daily lft tests for over 3 weeks. The clinicians did not have much in the way of answer other than the constant exposure to other staff members with covid may have elevated the bodies defence response and thus the failed lft.

» Add a new message to this topic