FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > COVID LFT Tests £5.99 each!!

COVID LFT Tests £5.99 each!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

Seems that part of the being a responsible UK Citizen is being ripped off for COVID Lateral Flow Tests.

Boots have started selling them:

£5.99 for a single test

£17.00 for a pack of four tests

£12.00 for 5 tests 'in store'.

So, given the choice, feed the family or do the right thing, which is it?

Spain has capped prices to £2.45 each, France at £1.00, yet rip off Britain pays much higher to protect family, friends and colleagues.

Suggest you get your Free Collection codes from the .gov website and start picking 2x boxes up every two days before they need to be paid for in April.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We just won't test.

Longridge

Just what I thought..

So much for handing down responsibility..

A child in my daughters class is isolating this week, 8 others over past few weeks.

As of Thursday, an infected child can legally go in, pass round and bring it home to other kids families.

Great..

"Just what I thought..

So much for handing down responsibility..

A child in my daughters class is isolating this week, 8 others over past few weeks.

As of Thursday, an infected child can legally go in, pass round and bring it home to other kids families.

Great.."

Children can legally go in to school with lots of bugs and pass it round. I used to work in a school pre covid and for the first year never been so ill in my life so this makes no difference what so ever to be honest. We have got levels of hospitalizations and serious illness down to a manageable level with vaccines and that's all any of us can hope for without further disrupting daily life, Social interactions and the economy.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Chelsea

I'm now feeling smug that I stockpiled a couple of hundred kits!

Use by date is march 2023 tho so I'll have to test regularly to get through them!

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

So.... how much was it that the torykipper government gave their cronies for a test and trace that didn't do any such thing? Enough to fund any number of LFT tests for those that need them. Crooks. How long will the gullible Brits put up with this?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

You can still order free test kits online and they are free till at least April

Longridge

"I'm now feeling smug that I stockpiled a couple of hundred kits!

Use by date is march 2023 tho so I'll have to test regularly to get through them!"

I've been busy too

If people are unwell they should not go into work, However if your employer says you have to come into work even if you have tested positive but are well enough to work then what's the point in testing.

Longridge

"If people are unwell they should not go into work, However if your employer says you have to come into work even if you have tested positive but are well enough to work then what's the point in testing. "

Absolutely non, go forth n spread it far n wide..

"If people are unwell they should not go into work, However if your employer says you have to come into work even if you have tested positive but are well enough to work then what's the point in testing.

Absolutely non, go forth n spread it far n wide.."

So you want people to test which is going to cost them a significant amount of money and then potentially lose more money because unless they have an employer but looks after them they won't be paid to self isolate. The parents who have to stay home with the children will also not be paid to self isolate. If you are a family with 2 adults and 2 children and you test once a week that is going to cost you nearly £50 a month and Because there is no legal requirement to self isolate your employer has no legal requirement to pay you or even to get statutory sick pay if you are not actually sick.

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

"Seems that part of the being a responsible UK Citizen is being ripped off for COVID Lateral Flow Tests.

£5.99 for a single test

Spain has capped prices to £2.45 each, France at £1.00, yet rip off Britain pays much higher to protect family, friends and colleagues.

Suggest you get your Free Collection codes from the .gov website and start picking 2x boxes up every two days before they need to be paid for in April."

they have been free for a long time, i aprove of people having to pay for them, have you any idea how much covid has cost the contry, so pay your way , its not alot of money, and most people who have covid have been diagnosed already, we have to pay for lots of health tests now, why should this be different, take responsability for your own health and dont expect others to foot the bill, covid is all but passed its peek now, its just one of those things we have to live with much like flue

"Seems that part of the being a responsible UK Citizen is being ripped off for COVID Lateral Flow Tests.

£5.99 for a single test

Suggest you get your Free Collection codes from the .gov website and start picking 2x boxes up every two days before they need to be paid for in April.

they have been free for a long time, i aprove of people having to pay for them, have you any idea how much covid has cost the contry, so pay your way , its not alot of money, and most people who have covid have been diagnosed already, we have to pay for lots of health tests now, why should this be different, take responsability for your own health and dont expect others to foot the bill, covid is all but passed its peek now, its just one of those things we have to live with much like flue"

How one Earth is testing with a lateral flow test which you are only meant to do if you don't have symptoms taking care of your own health? Many people will not be able to afford or justify the cost of lateral flow tests so if society is expecting people to still test they should also expect to pay for that especially for those who can not afford to pay for it themselves.

By *inkyPixelMan  over a year ago

Cranford

The argument I am seeing here is the assumption that we would have to continuously have to legally test ourselves even if we are not isolating.

The assumption seems flawed because why would they force people to take a £6 to prevent them from spending £50 on a night out whilst trying to recover the economy.

Similarly businesses wouldn't want to enforce a LFT condition whilst taking on losses of potential revenue

Longridge

Capped at £2.45 in Spain, £1.00 in France.

£5.99 each here?

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Capped at £2.45 in Spain, £1.00 in France.

£5.99 each here?"

The price is high because it will achieve

1. Test suppression and discouragement

2. Greater spread of the virus

3. Increased chance of variant emergence

As a strategy to increase viral penetration in the populace and increase herd immunity, it will achieve that.

The downside is a resistant mutation that emerges along the way, and the increased harm to public health.

It somehow feels were are in a giant laboratory in some science experiment, and we are all petri dishes with the lids removed. And fingers are everywhere.

£5.99 each here?"

They are not currently capped in Spain and are roughly €10 each. The Spanish government are looking at a price cap. And there is currently no price cap in France, some France supermarkets are charging around €1.25 per test but prices on average are around €6

I’m not saying this to come across a certain way. It’s a rip-off, sure. But do people who aren’t destitute have that little that it would mean a sacrifice? I feel awful if that’s true. Obviously I already should for the destitute.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

£5.99 each here?

They are not currently capped in Spain and are roughly €10 each. The Spanish government are looking at a price cap. And there is currently no price cap in France, some France supermarkets are charging around €1.25 per test but prices on average are around €6"

You're mistaken. They are capped in Spain at 2.94 Euros but are only avaialable via pharmacies. The law came in last month. In Portugal theyre available in supermarkets at 2.10Euros.

Longridge

Anyway..

Middle finger to Boris, I've got 45 packs of seven and a 36 pack in the cupboard and another 2x packs here tomorrow.. don't forget 1 collect code entitlement to two boxes..

The main point, we're going to get shafted again, so get some stashed while they're free..

It will be a while before I need to buy any..

Longridge

"I’m not saying this to come across a certain way. It’s a rip-off, sure. But do people who aren’t destitute have that little that it would mean a sacrifice? I feel awful if that’s true. Obviously I already should for the destitute. "

Do you not see people in food banks in the news?

"I’m not saying this to come across a certain way. It’s a rip-off, sure. But do people who aren’t destitute have that little that it would mean a sacrifice? I feel awful if that’s true. Obviously I already should for the destitute.

Do you not see people in food banks in the news?"

But for maybe £10 of kits? With food banks if you’re on benefits, and I’m not undermining it at all, then you can afford to eat. You could eat on a few pounds a day. But that’s not really fair because people want to spend money like everyone else, so I think the very small amount of disposable income surely must get saturated quickly. In which case it’s not like you’d go hungry for £10 if you happen to get covid once a year.

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

If you do NOT need to isolate if positive then what's the point in testing? + or - unless you are incapable of working then you are still expected to go to work. Therefore knowing either way is pointless.

On the BIG downside we will no longer have data on the spread of the virus or IF new variants arise.

Hopefully covid will follow the path if all previous Corona viruses, follow Darwin's rules and become less and less virulent. It's a big gamble though.....

If only they had put the charge on in March 2020... wouldn't have been the huge case-demic that the news loved showing us every day with big frightening graphs and numbers.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

seems the chumocracy is making a tidy profit

£5.99 for a single test

Suggest you get your Free Collection codes from the .gov website and start picking 2x boxes up every two days before they need to be paid for in April."

lol I’ve never had one or would like to have a test

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Add paying for tests to the other major contributing factor stopping people sensibly isolating...pathetic statutory sick pay (and loads of self employed or zero hour contract folks).

The policy makers in Govt are out of touch on SSP as the Civil Service will pay up to 6mths full pay if you are off sick. It then reduces but still not down to zero!

By *ustbrowsing 999Man  over a year ago

colchester

That's a pisstake

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"So.... how much was it that the torykipper government gave their cronies for a test and trace that didn't do any such thing? Enough to fund any number of LFT tests for those that need them. Crooks. How long will the gullible Brits put up with this?"

Too many seem to be happy to stay permanently bent over for them, to get shafted forever

"Add paying for tests to the other major contributing factor stopping people sensibly isolating...pathetic statutory sick pay (and loads of self employed or zero hour contract folks).

The policy makers in Govt are out of touch on SSP as the Civil Service will pay up to 6mths full pay if you are off sick. It then reduces but still not down to zero!"

By *urious couple22Couple  over a year ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 23/02/22 07:51:13]

By *urious couple22Couple  over a year ago

Derby

The tests where only 30% effective I remember when I caught covid the test didn't show positive for around 4 days even though I got one at a test site.. got to admit I love how anal people are over a cold that let's face it has killed as many or less people as the common cold. The most responsible thing to do is get on with it wash your hands wear a face mask if you want too.. most people won't pay for the tests due to the fact there pointless

"If you do NOT need to isolate if positive then what's the point in testing? + or - unless you are incapable of working then you are still expected to go to work. Therefore knowing either way is pointless.

On the BIG downside we will no longer have data on the spread of the virus or IF new variants arise.

Hopefully covid will follow the path if all previous Corona viruses, follow Darwin's rules and become less and less virulent. It's a big gamble though....."

for me it's more to limit the risk to others.

I'm still required to test before any shift and all visitors into work are required to test. That apparently isn't changing any time soon.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

If I’m Ill I’ll know because I’m Ill…. Then I’ll take time off sick till I’m better! Been doing this for years without testing.

Pretty simple solution to it all, dont test. Some people still left petrified by the fearmongering is sad to see. You dont test for other illness if you have no symptoms and if you feel ill stay off work or dont your choice. Lets be honest theres people out there who kind of like the security blanket covid has put around their life, time off work, furlough etc. Just get on with things now for christ sake.

I have 2 packs in the house and about 10 packs at work. Should I start selling them too? Lol

"Pretty simple solution to it all, dont test. Some people still left petrified by the fearmongering is sad to see. You dont test for other illness if you have no symptoms and if you feel ill stay off work or dont your choice. Lets be honest theres people out there who kind of like the security blanket covid has put around their life, time off work, furlough etc. Just get on with things now for christ sake. "
this is okay if you don't live with a person who is extremely clinically vulnerable.... I've only had time off when my other daughter tested positive and I has to stay home.

I've been abroad last year when we could. I've been to clubs but... I test on a regular basis as I've seen how easy asymptomatic cases can slip up... and then be dangerous to others.

I think a good thing to come from this is no more people going to work/ school coughing and sneezing. As people now seem to stay home

By *pottydog46Man  over a year ago

rainham

Yes it’s a rip off, but we (and our children and our grandchildren) are all going to be paying many times that in our taxes for the next few decades to pay for the over the top Covid response from western governments.

If you feel unwell, and have a cold don’t go out, nothing has changed from normal common sense.

The positivity rate from testing is less than 1% so the chances are you haven’t got Covid or if you have you are vaccinated and or have natural immunity so wouldn’t be able to spread it? Isn’t that what the vaccine pushers told us?

I feel for the clinically vulnerable, but Covid is now only slightly worse than a cold or flu, and we all used to wander around spreading germs like that before.

Can't wait to start paying for these with my central bank digital currency card.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Use by date is march 2023 tho so I'll have to test regularly to get through them!"

That is a wonderful use of resources. So proud of you.

"Anyway..

Middle finger to Boris, I've got 45 packs of seven and a 36 pack in the cupboard and another 2x packs here tomorrow.. don't forget 1 collect code entitlement to two boxes..

The main point, we're going to get shafted again, so get some stashed while they're free..

It will be a while before I need to buy any.."

Your original post talks about being a responsible citizen yet you are stockpiling. I do hope it’s with the view you will supply to family and friends when needed.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Someone asked in another thread about the 2 billion a month testing bill so all of the stockpilers should be so proud

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

£5.99 for a single test

They have to be paid for anyway we are all paying in our taxes nothing is free in this life.

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

First it was toilet rolls now test kits people do love stockpiling

near ipswich

"First it was toilet rolls now test kits people do love stockpiling "
Yes it seems there are lots of greedy people out there.

And thats why there is a shortage ??

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Pretty simple solution to it all, dont test. Some people still left petrified by the fearmongering is sad to see. You dont test for other illness if you have no symptoms and if you feel ill stay off work or dont your choice. Lets be honest theres people out there who kind of like the security blanket covid has put around their life, time off work, furlough etc. Just get on with things now for christ sake. "

This

By *rivateyesCouple  over a year ago

Leighton Buzzard

It won’t affect me at all, I’ve done 1 test in 2 years and that was to get a COVID pass for an event.

I have no intention of taking another thanks!

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

"We just won't test. "

This! Never been tested once in 2 years.

Longridge

"Anyway..

Your original post talks about being a responsible citizen yet you are stockpiling. I do hope it’s with the view you will supply to family and friends when needed. "

Absolutely.. and for family that work in health care, to ensure we always have access to tests and don't put others at risk from this "terrible common cold", and before visiting vulnerable family members

I am more than happy to pay cost price for tests, but I am fucked if anyone is going to make profit out of me.

You see as stockpiling, I see as two years testing to ensure others are safe! Something, unfortunately, that is not a priority of thus government.

From what I read further up, they ain't accurate, so should be thrown away anyway, if that's the case. Strangely, fir something so inaccurate, I am aware of numerous +ve tests using them, confirmed by PCR.

100 boxes by the end of March is the target...

THEN AGAIN, WAS COVID REAL?

Bet you're still getting through the toilet roll you stock piled too eh? People like you disgust me. Why would you need a couple of hundred kits and then feel the need to boast about it?

near ipswich

"Anyway..

Your original post talks about being a responsible citizen yet you are stockpiling. I do hope it’s with the view you will supply to family and friends when needed.

Absolutely.. and for family that work in health care, to ensure we always have access to tests and don't put others at risk from this "terrible common cold", and before visiting vulnerable family members

I am more than happy to pay cost price for tests, but I am fucked if anyone is going to make profit out of me.

You see as stockpiling, I see as two years testing to ensure others are safe! Something, unfortunately, that is not a priority of thus government.

From what I read further up, they ain't accurate, so should be thrown away anyway, if that's the case. Strangely, fir something so inaccurate, I am aware of numerous +ve tests using them, confirmed by PCR.

THEN AGAIN, WAS COVID REAL?"

I think you have shown your true colours sponging off other tax payers for you own greed.

"If you do NOT need to isolate if positive then what's the point in testing? + or - unless you are incapable of working then you are still expected to go to work. Therefore knowing either way is pointless.

Hopefully covid will follow the path if all previous Corona viruses, follow Darwin's rules and become less and less virulent. It's a big gamble though..... for me it's more to limit the risk to others.

I'm still required to test before any shift and all visitors into work are required to test. That apparently isn't changing any time soon. "

and are you and the visitors expected to pay for them?

Longridge

Dont know about Well Hung's roll status.

My stockpiled bog rolls are safely hidden in the attack with other collected items. Not running my stocks down like the NHS did prior to the pandemic.

It's about preparedness, petrol stockpiled this week as have 7p litre vouchers and when the gas goes off, might need to run a Generator!

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Use by date is march 2023 tho so I'll have to test regularly to get through them!

Bet you're still getting through the toilet roll you stock piled too eh? People like you disgust me. Why would you need a couple of hundred kits and then feel the need to boast about it? "

I couldn’t agree more - disgusting … sadly there are many people like this around who are very selfish, and to top it all have no EQ at all!

R x

Longridge

Boris had no qualms about letting £18billion slip through his fingers into fake PPE and Corporate theft of loan money and test/trace app that didn't work.

Now, suddenly, cash is an issue..

weston

"Boris had no qualms about letting £18billion slip through his fingers into fake PPE and Corporate theft of loan money and test/trace app that didn't work.

Now, suddenly, cash is an issue.."

don't think he's charging because of the money, be to stop people testing and get back to normal

Longridge

And kill off a few more vulnerable people at the same time.. I suppose that reduces social care demand long term too.

weston

"And kill off a few more vulnerable people at the same time.. I suppose that reduces social care demand long term too."
they are doing that anyway most care homes have a DNR policy in place

By *ewbieglasgowCouple  over a year ago

East Dumbartonshire

Shouldnt be allowed.

Bet you're still getting through the toilet roll you stock piled too eh? People like you disgust me. Why would you need a couple of hundred kits and then feel the need to boast about it? "

By *iggstimpyCouple  over a year ago

South East

Am I missing something – unless you have people you are visiting in a care home. Why are people testing anyway? I think I’ve taken three test the entire time. And one was because it was new and exciting and one was because I couldn’t believe that the four minute long sore throat I had could possibly be Covid (it was!)

Hopefully covid will follow the path if all previous Corona viruses, follow Darwin's rules and become less and less virulent. It's a big gamble though..... for me it's more to limit the risk to others.

I'm still required to test before any shift and all visitors into work are required to test. That apparently isn't changing any time soon. and are you and the visitors expected to pay for them?"

We aren't. Visitors are expected to do them before gaining entry or can come early and do one on arrival.

People coming to my house i still expect to have tested recently though.

By *pottydog46Man  over a year ago

rainham

I think the opening poster has clearly shown the hypocrisy of the virtue signalling left leaning people of this country.

Moaning about everything and saying how amazing I am and how horrible any conservative person is, whilst doing the complete opposite of what is normal rational and nice behaviour.

This virus has continued to divide us, just as brexit has.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Dont know about Well Hung's roll status.

My stockpiled bog rolls are safely hidden in the attack with other collected items. Not running my stocks down like the NHS did prior to the pandemic.

It's about preparedness, petrol stockpiled this week as have 7p litre vouchers and when the gas goes off, might need to run a Generator!"

I was being sarcastic.

"I think the opening poster has clearly shown the hypocrisy of the virtue signalling left leaning people of this country.

Moaning about everything and saying how amazing I am and how horrible any conservative person is, whilst doing the complete opposite of what is normal rational and nice behaviour.

This virus has continued to divide us, just as brexit has. "

Normal, rational and nice behaviour would surely be to take precautions to ensure the safety of the most vulnerable in society.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"seems the chumocracy is making a tidy profit "
Yes they are, follow the money.

Longridge

"I think the opening poster has clearly shown the hypocrisy of the virtue signalling left leaning people of this country.

Normal, rational and nice behaviour would surely be to take precautions to ensure the safety of the most vulnerable in society. "

Exactly..

Before the numpties started throwing politics into a post intended to pre-warn others of impending costs for test kits whose basic function is to protect vulnerable people around. The suggestion was to get a few kits to one side to save some hard earned money in doing so.

Becomes nothing less than a 'flaming' from those know it alls and virus deniers with a guilty conscience.

Longridge

"Dont know about Well Hung's roll status.

It's about preparedness, petrol stockpiled this week as have 7p litre vouchers and when the gas goes off, might need to run a Generator!

I was being sarcastic. "

So was I, although I have purchased 100 litres petrol today.

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

halifax

But there not free ever, the tax payer is footing the cost now

Longridge

And should continue to do so until a time that is more reasonable for those still in need of knowing.

As for don't need to isolate although no longer legally enforced, advice from our Glorious law abiding leader is 'to isolate' if infected to stop spread.

But, as usual, those that don't understand common sense have taken it as it is ok to continue as normal, infected or not - hence the reason for enforcement from the outset. Shall I mention those that refused to wear "face nappies"?

I'm still required to test before any shift and all visitors into work are required to test. That apparently isn't changing any time soon. and are you and the visitors expected to pay for them? We aren't. Visitors are expected to do them before gaining entry or can come early and do one on arrival.

People coming to my house i still expect to have tested recently though.

"

And are you going to pay for those because what about people that can't afford to do so? So if care homes are not going to pay for them for visitors only those fortunate enough to be able to cover the cost I gonna be able to visit their relatives.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"We just won't test. "

We never did to start with lol

Bet you're still getting through the toilet roll you stock piled too eh? People like you disgust me. Why would you need a couple of hundred kits and then feel the need to boast about it?

I couldn’t agree more - disgusting … sadly there are many people like this around who are very selfish, and to top it all have no EQ at all!

R x"

Me too. Luckily I’ve just read the government have but a limit on supplies to the same household and that there will still be free tests available for vulnerable groups. No details on that yet beyond NHS and care homes.

R x

Me too. Luckily I’ve just read the government have but a limit on supplies to the same household and that there will still be free tests available for vulnerable groups. No details on that yet beyond NHS and care homes. "

And over 75's.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

£5.99 for a single test

As an aside, it doesn’t in the least bit suprise me what Boots are one of the first to try to capitalise upon this. I have previously worked for Boots and they have little concern for their staff, their customers or suppliers, and treat all with contempt! … they are owned by venture capitalists!

Jesse Boot was a great philanthropic pioneer in Nottingham. He would be ashamed if he could see what his company had become and its business ethics!

R x

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"We just won't test.

We never did to start with lol"

"lol"? What is funny about never testing?

"We just won't test.

We never did to start with lol

"lol"? What is funny about never testing? "

. I’ve tested three times and got one positive out of that so a pretty good strike rate.

Selfish! Bet you were one of the ones running out and stockpiling toilet roll too

By *uperjackMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Anyway..

Middle finger to Boris, or tax payers? I think an IQ test should be on your list as well.

Thank god. What an absolute waste of tax payers money the whole thing is and not to mention the impact it's had on the economy in general. I'm so glad the government is letting things return to a semblance of normality.

"Thank god. What an absolute waste of tax payers money the whole thing is and not to mention the impact it's had on the economy in general. I'm so glad the government is letting things return to a semblance of normality. "

I actually can't believe some people are stock piling this shit. Get a grip!!

"Anyway..

Middle finger to Boris, or tax payers? I think an IQ test should be on your list as well. "

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Health or wealth?

Don't you just admire how the US health system only works for the rich, just like dentistry over here. (he said sarcastically)

Peterborough

"Selfish! Bet you were one of the ones running out and stockpiling toilet roll too "

I did by a 27 pack. IBS is like that.

Oh and in answer to the OP. Doing the right thing is feeding my family. I haven't tested since I had to because I had covid and I wanted my freedom back. With no requirement to do that anymore, how do you think testing is doing the right thing? I worry about some people. I really do.

"Selfish! Bet you were one of the ones running out and stockpiling toilet roll too

I did by a 27 pack. IBS is like that."

Yeah I recognise that your irritable bullshit syndrome must be hard to live with but it still doesn't justify being selfish

Normal, rational and nice behaviour would surely be to take precautions to ensure the safety of the most vulnerable in society. "

. I’m sure we all would if we knew we we’re visiting vulnerable people. Otherwise it’s completely pointless and just something that the virtue signalling, look at me brigade claim to do.

"Selfish! Bet you were one of the ones running out and stockpiling toilet roll too

Yeah I recognise that your irritable bullshit syndrome must be hard to live with but it still doesn't justify being selfish "

WOW! Let's not ridicule a condition that can be debilitating for many just to try and prove a point.

Normal, rational and nice behaviour would surely be to take precautions to ensure the safety of the most vulnerable in society. . I’m sure we all would if we knew we we’re visiting vulnerable people. Otherwise it’s completely pointless and just something that the virtue signalling, look at me brigade claim to do."

I agree. I don't have a problem with testing if I feel it's in the best interest of myself or the person I am visiting I am not however just going to test regularly for the sake of it.

A bit misleading, They’re £2.50 if you pick one up from the shop. The £5.99 price is an online price which includes delivery.

£5.99 for a single test

Won't the £350,000,000 a week we gave to the EU now be able to fund free kits through the NHS then?

Max

When I have to pay for a lft test , I just won’t be testing anymore

I take every precaution I can, but within my situation it’s not a cost I can add to my budget

By *LZZMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I won't be testing then, What do they expect people to do!

Was offered free kits in the street the other day turned the offer down as haven’t used the lot the chemist gave me months ago. Def won’t ever be paying for kits that I would never use.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

The issue is that pharmacies etc have jumped the gun reference pricing LTF Test Kits, before any announcement details due from the Govt regarding a capped price per kit.

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

because unfortunately there are people out there who think its their right. Selfish in my eyes..

Put it this way. Going on hols to France. Had booked an antigen test. No longer a requirement. So cancelled (credit note). Onky requirement now it to be fully vaxxed and have the digital certs.

So why test? Everyone should be vaxxed. It is past peak. Hospitalisations are low and mostly non vacced muppets. Everybody’s out in the oubs with no mask.

So why would anyone pay for test kits? And why would the taxpayer need to continue funding kits - when the poor get so little benefits?

Seems logical to me that now that the legal requirement is over and the need to isolate is gone. Then just treat it like the cold, flu or the clap. If you feel ill stay at home. If you’re fine. Live life (and keep spending!)

"Won't the £350,000,000 a week we gave to the EU now be able to fund free kits through the NHS then?

Max"

That bus unfortunately sank along with the non existent container ships that the tories commissioned to help dover…. The port that Rabb did nit realise was important.

Magic!

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Considering that we pay for the NHS and the scumbag tories are raising NI this is another example of these pugs creating a profit for their rich mates

By *ricoupleCouple  over a year ago

Derby

£5.99 each here?

They are not currently capped in Spain and are roughly €10 each. The Spanish government are looking at a price cap. And there is currently no price cap in France, some France supermarkets are charging around €1.25 per test but prices on average are around €6"

We’re currently in Gran Canaria and just bought some Lateral flow test kits for less than 3€ a pack

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"Yes it’s a rip off, but we (and our children and our grandchildren) are all going to be paying many times that in our taxes for the next few decades to pay for the over the top Covid response from western governments.

If you feel unwell, and have a cold don’t go out, nothing has changed from normal common sense.

The positivity rate from testing is less than 1% so the chances are you haven’t got Covid or if you have you are vaccinated and or have natural immunity so wouldn’t be able to spread it? Isn’t that what the vaccine pushers told us?

I feel for the clinically vulnerable, but Covid is now only slightly worse than a cold or flu, and we all used to wander around spreading germs like that before."

100% with this. Far too often these days, common sense fails to prevail. If people would just vaccinate, not just against covid, but MMR and so on, there's actually never been a better time to be alive from an infectious diseases point of view. If you're unfortunately vulnerable to these, you have to take extra care, but then you have to anyway to a degree? For some people, it's a life with no furlough, no free tests, unchallenged sick days, and without the protective arms of the nanny state that they're more fearful of!

Time to move on, Boris has called this right

By *appychickadeeWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 02:37:50]

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Considering that we pay for the NHS and the scumbag tories are raising NI this is another example of these pugs creating a profit for their rich mates "

You're gonna kick yourself when you see the typo

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Blimey I ran out of popcorn by the time I got to the bottom. People do love an argument don’t they (yep I have fallen down that rabbit hole a few times too!)

By *obby476Man  over a year ago

newcastle

I wont be testing.. if im ill and im not bad then ill work if im literally dying i may put in a sick day

Terra Firma

"I wont be testing.. if im ill and im not bad then ill work if im literally dying i may put in a sick day"

I'm glad you are not my work colleague. It is obvious you don't care what you pass on to others, but why is that?

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

And they wonder why positive tests are down yet everyone seems to have covid.

This government are idiots and I hope they get strung up by the eventual public enquiry.

"I wont be testing.. if im ill and im not bad then ill work if im literally dying i may put in a sick day

I'm glad you are not my work colleague. It is obvious you don't care what you pass on to others, but why is that?"

It's not obvious they don't care about others at all though is it! Lots of work places will not pay people who are not sick but have tested positive so what are those people meant to do just lose money?

Terra Firma

"I wont be testing.. if im ill and im not bad then ill work if im literally dying i may put in a sick day

I'm glad you are not my work colleague. It is obvious you don't care what you pass on to others, but why is that?

It's not obvious they don't care about others at all though is it! Lots of work places will not pay people who are not sick but have tested positive so what are those people meant to do just lose money?"

By saying he will go to work ill, indicates clearly he doesn't care about the people he works or comes into contact with.

Having a job that does not pay sick pay, is not a reason to pass on an illness to people who themselves will now be in the same boat. Taking responsibility is something that is lacking here, SSP is not great but for the sake of 4 or 5 days max it should help cover the cost of living. As I mentioned above, not taking responsibility, potentially puts all of your colleagues in the same dilemma as you are complaining about, that is throwing them under the bus.....

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

Smug? For stockpiling test kits?

Are they with your toilet rolls and pasta?

Norfolk/Suffolk

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 12:12:40]

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Just to give an idea of the real market price.

We run a test centre in Germany and in bulk we are paying between 1.60€ and 2.40€ depending on type and maker.

£5.99 equates to about 6.20€

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Anyway..

Crikey, what a balloon.

The reason they are no longer free is because you no longer need to isolate so you no longer need to test!

You've got hundreds of things that are now pointless. Congrats

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Just to give an idea of the real market price.

We run a test centre in Germany and in bulk we are paying between 1.60€ and 2.40€ depending on type and maker.

£5.99 equates to about 6.20€"

But does include postage, packaging etc . . . .

It's not obvious they don't care about others at all though is it! Lots of work places will not pay people who are not sick but have tested positive so what are those people meant to do just lose money?

By saying he will go to work ill, indicates clearly he doesn't care about the people he works or comes into contact with.

Having a job that does not pay sick pay, is not a reason to pass on an illness to people who themselves will now be in the same boat. Taking responsibility is something that is lacking here, SSP is not great but for the sake of 4 or 5 days max it should help cover the cost of living. As I mentioned above, not taking responsibility, potentially puts all of your colleagues in the same dilemma as you are complaining about, that is throwing them under the bus..... "

What a load of nonsense!

You won't get Statutory pay if you are not sick.

Having a job that does not pay sick pay, is not a reason to pass on an illness to people who themselves will now be in the same boat. Taking responsibility is something that is lacking here, SSP is not great but for the sake of 4 or 5 days max it should help cover the cost of living. As I mentioned above, not taking responsibility, potentially puts all of your colleagues in the same dilemma as you are complaining about, that is throwing them under the bus.....

What a load of nonsense!

You won't get Statutory pay if you are not sick. "

What people like yourself are not understanding is because it is no longer a legal requirement to self isolate there is no financial support.

What a load of nonsense!

What people like yourself are not understanding is because it is no longer a legal requirement to self isolate there is no financial support. "

. The level of sanctimonious condemnation of people on here by the woke do-gooders is off the scale.

Costa Blanca Spain...

But does include postage, packaging etc . . . ."

They come in boxes of 300. We order 20 boxes at a time and they are delivered to our door.

I did say "in bulk"

What a load of nonsense!

What people like yourself are not understanding is because it is no longer a legal requirement to self isolate there is no financial support. . The level of sanctimonious condemnation of people on here by the woke do-gooders is off the scale. "

Totally agree it's not a case of if you don't test regularly you are somehow as selfish person. For many if they phoned their employer and say I have tested positive for covid but I'm not sick the employer will tell them come in or lose your job or don't get paid.

Norfolk/Suffolk

They come in boxes of 300. We order 20 boxes at a time and they are delivered to our door.

I did say "in bulk""

No, not yours. The £5.99 one, is delivered

Costa Blanca Spain...

I did say "in bulk"

No, not yours. The £5.99 one, is delivered "

To be honest £5.99 including delivery isn't that bad.

I'm sure Boots will be buying more and getting a better price than we are. But by the time you've taken out the VAT (assuming they are liable to VAT) and delivery costs they won't be making that much per test. Then add in staff costs (they have to be paid from somewhere) and other overheads they are starting to look quite cheap.

I did say "in bulk"

I'm sure Boots will be buying more and getting a better price than we are. But by the time you've taken out the VAT (assuming they are liable to VAT) and delivery costs they won't be making that much per test. Then add in staff costs (they have to be paid from somewhere) and other overheads they are starting to look quite cheap."

It doesn't seem expensive unless you havea family because that 6 pounds isn't per Box it's per test.

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

I bet you were one of those responsible for stock pilling bog rolls at the start of the pandemic ????

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

Those stockpiling … shameful

Costa Blanca Spain...

I did say "in bulk"

I'm sure Boots will be buying more and getting a better price than we are. But by the time you've taken out the VAT (assuming they are liable to VAT) and delivery costs they won't be making that much per test. Then add in staff costs (they have to be paid from somewhere) and other overheads they are starting to look quite cheap.

It doesn't seem expensive unless you havea family because that 6 pounds isn't per Box it's per test. "

Of course with a family it is expensive, especially if you have to do a test every day.

The government has to make a choice to either relax the rules or pay for the tests,

At the moment here in Germany the government will pay until the end of March and the rules will be relaxed between now and then.

As it stands we expect to close our test centre then. But the situation is fluid and that could quite easily change.

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Those stockpiling … shameful "

Idiotic even

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 13:17:23]

I did say "in bulk"

It doesn't seem expensive unless you havea family because that 6 pounds isn't per Box it's per test.

Of course with a family it is expensive, especially if you have to do a test every day.

The government has to make a choice to either relax the rules or pay for the tests,

At the moment here in Germany the government will pay until the end of March and the rules will be relaxed between now and then.

As it stands we expect to close our test centre then. But the situation is fluid and that could quite easily change."

But that's the point as of today in England you don't have to test at all. Lots of people in this thread seem to think anybody but doesn't pay for a test and take one regularly is somehow selfish and doesn't care about others. For many

Costa Blanca Spain...

I did say "in bulk"

As it stands we expect to close our test centre then. But the situation is fluid and that could quite easily change.

But that's the point as of today in England you don't have to test at all. Lots of people in this thread seem to think anybody but doesn't pay for a test and take one regularly is somehow selfish and doesn't care about others. For many"

On those rules I wouldn't test either.

If a few virtue signallers want to call me selfish then they can carry on.

I did say "in bulk"

But that's the point as of today in England you don't have to test at all. Lots of people in this thread seem to think anybody but doesn't pay for a test and take one regularly is somehow selfish and doesn't care about others. For many

On those rules I wouldn't test either.

If a few virtue signallers want to call me selfish then they can carry on."

What I should have actually said is it's no longer a legal requirement to self isolate so there is no point in testing regularly, That is why the tests are no longer free and I just don't see the point in testing if you are well anymore. Obviously we will use our personal judgement and if I was going to see somebody who was particularly vulnerable and they asked me to test I probably would but I am not going to test just for the sake of it.

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

It's been free for many months,with rules all changing we won't need them regularly

All we will need is an emergency supply of tests for our families,as will only need to test when have symptoms

So it's not as though we will need to buy four tests for £17 very often

People with no symptoms will never know,I work in a care setting last month a regular pcr test picked up I had covid,before the results came 2 shifts 2 lft's negative,so I don't trust the lft's anyway

Terra Firma

What a load of nonsense!

What people like yourself are not understanding is because it is no longer a legal requirement to self isolate there is no financial support. "

Refrain from telling me what I understand and don't understand. It is clear you have not properly read what I have typed. I am saying going to work ill is not a good idea, that is it, nothing more nothing less and certainly nothing about the cost of a test or actually taking one!

Sometimes people need to take breathe and stop being so reactive.

Norfolk/Suffolk

" last month a regular pcr test picked up I had covid,before the results came 2 shifts 2 lft's negative,so I don't trust the lft's anyway

"

They work in exactly the same way, pick up the exact same viral load. That viral load takes 3 to 5 days to be detectable by a test. Your results are perfectly normal.

incognito mode ;-)

" last month a regular pcr test picked up I had covid,before the results came 2 shifts 2 lft's negative,so I don't trust the lft's anyway

They work in exactly the same way, pick up the exact same viral load. That viral load takes 3 to 5 days to be detectable by a test. Your results are perfectly normal."

They were slow to pick it up as I did the

Pcr Tuesday

Lft negative Wednesday

Lft negative Thursday

Pcr result friday positive at 6.15am I got kicked out of work

The lft didn't say positive till day 6 of the 5+6 day testing

By *idnight_Express69Man  over a year ago

Rochdale

£5.99 for a single test

£1.99 at Superdrug in the UK

near ipswich

£5.99 for a single test

£1.99 at Superdrug in the UK"

It seems some spongers are still prepared to stockpile at great expense to the NHS.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The never-ending quest to see if you might have a mild respiratory virus.

This kind of test will tell you if you 'might' have a virus.

It will also 'maybe' tell you if you have already had a virus at 'some point' in the past.

This kind of "test" cannot tell you if you have a 'live virus' or if you are infectious.

"Live Virus" can only be detected by viral culture in a laboratory with samples taken under laboratory conditions.

Ignore the sales pitch by Pharmaceutical Companies. This is the new farcical "Now".

Norfolk/Suffolk

They work in exactly the same way, pick up the exact same viral load. That viral load takes 3 to 5 days to be detectable by a test. Your results are perfectly normal.

Pcr Tuesday

Lft negative Wednesday

Lft negative Thursday

"

Then more than likely you were doing the LFT incorrectly, hence they have such a low accuracy level

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Go to NHS app and order a pack of 7 online for free.

Takes about 48 hours to arrive, easy.

"The never-ending quest to see if you might have a mild respiratory virus.

This kind of test will tell you if you 'might' have a virus.

It will also 'maybe' tell you if you have already had a virus at 'some point' in the past.

This kind of "test" cannot tell you if you have a 'live virus' or if you are infectious.

"Live Virus" can only be detected by viral culture in a laboratory with samples taken under laboratory conditions.

Ignore the sales pitch by Pharmaceutical Companies. This is the new farcical "Now"."

With no due respect, I don't think you're qualified to say what is and what isn't a valid clinical diagnostic method.

incognito mode ;-)

Pcr Tuesday

Lft negative Wednesday

Lft negative Thursday

Then more than likely you were doing the LFT incorrectly, hence they have such a low accuracy level"

Don't even go there,I've been testing pcr and lft for months fully trained,via covid co-ordinator who showed me/watched me do it etc and online tutorials etc

Our training was so full on I would have got an nvq if it was available

What a load of nonsense!

What people like yourself are not understanding is because it is no longer a legal requirement to self isolate there is no financial support.

Refrain from telling me what I understand and don't understand. It is clear you have not properly read what I have typed. I am saying going to work ill is not a good idea, that is it, nothing more nothing less and certainly nothing about the cost of a test or actually taking one!

Sometimes people need to take breathe and stop being so reactive."

Completely agree I wouldn’t go into work ill and potentially pass on to others. I’m not limiting this to Covid. I like to think my colleagues would also act responsibly too.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I will not test if I have to pay. Had covid now so not too bothered . Not sure if they still have them at work though.

Peterborough

Yeah I recognise that your irritable bullshit syndrome must be hard to live with but it still doesn't justify being selfish

WOW! Let's not ridicule a condition that can be debilitating for many just to try and prove a point. "

Thanks for the support.

I've finally nailed down the culprit, not the poster, the trigger. It's oats, porridge, cereals, certain breads and sadly Hobnobs. I can suffer within the hour of eating oat based cereals, so I have to read the labels carefully. Pity that all the other allergens (milk, eggs, wheat) are printed in BOLD any easy to spot.

No oats equals, no cramps, no funny walking or internal aches, south of the gullet.

Avoidance is quick, simple and effective, best of all it's free.

I can take trench humour, so I'm not offended.

What a load of nonsense!

Sometimes people need to take breathe and stop being so reactive."

You are missing the point and I did read what you said. Sometimes people need to stop and breathe and stop being so reactive you should take your own advice.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

This covid virus will become like the flue, we need to learn accept it and learn to live with it. It’s not going anywhere and will be come part of our everyday lives.

Eating is more important, having a strong healthy immune system is better at fighting viruses.

By *unnybunny1000Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

£5.99 for a single test

they have been free for a long time, i aprove of people having to pay for them, have you any idea how much covid has cost the contry, so pay your way , its not alot of money, and most people who have covid have been diagnosed already, we have to pay for lots of health tests now, why should this be different, take responsability for your own health and dont expect others to foot the bill, covid is all but passed its peek now, its just one of those things we have to live with much like flue"

I'm expected by my employer to test before I step into work every shift, that would cost me at least £12 a week, £50 a month, is that fair?

£5.99 for a single test

they have been free for a long time, i aprove of people having to pay for them, have you any idea how much covid has cost the contry, so pay your way , its not alot of money, and most people who have covid have been diagnosed already, we have to pay for lots of health tests now, why should this be different, take responsability for your own health and dont expect others to foot the bill, covid is all but passed its peek now, its just one of those things we have to live with much like flue

I'm expected by my employer to test before I step into work every shift, that would cost me at least £12 a week, £50 a month, is that fair? "

If you test positive but don't have symptoms I'm assuming may are expecting you to self isolate? are they going to pay you for that?

By *unnybunny1000Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

£5.99 for a single test

I'm expected by my employer to test before I step into work every shift, that would cost me at least £12 a week, £50 a month, is that fair?

If you test positive but don't have symptoms I'm assuming may are expecting you to self isolate? are they going to pay you for that?"

they are doing up to now

£5.99 for a single test

If you test positive but don't have symptoms I'm assuming may are expecting you to self isolate? are they going to pay you for that?they are doing up to now "

That's kind of my worry though because up until now financial help was available to help people self isole but now that is no longer a legal requirement, is there going to be financial help from the employers because they want to be from the government. I personally feel if a employer demands it staff test regularly they have to cover them financially if they can't go into work because they test positive. Not talking about people physically not being well enough or having visible symptoms.

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

"Anyway..

THEN AGAIN, WAS COVID REAL?"

people who stock pile disgust me, me me me me and fuck every one else, you are lower than the lowest person

Norfolk/Suffolk

£5.99 for a single test

I'm expected by my employer to test before I step into work every shift, that would cost me at least £12 a week, £50 a month, is that fair? "

Your employer cannot legally expect you to do that. They do not have the right to dictate that

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

Why would u test it’s got to the point of it’s comparable to a bad case of flu

By *immerman100Man  over a year ago

Never never land

"You can still order free test kits online and they are free till at least April "
from 1st April you have to pay

"Why would u test it’s got to the point of it’s comparable to a bad case of flu"

I'm sure the hundreds who die with Covid each week in our country will be happy to hear that.

Longridge

"Anyway..

people who stock pile disgust me, me me me me and fuck every one else, you are lower than the lowest person"

Aww.. a government that is withdrawing tools to deal with a pandemic disgusts me also.

Also that I have to pay for tests to continue working also disgusts me.

Another 4x kits picked up today, 4x more on Saturday..

I don't really give two monkeys as to how you feel...

"Anyway..

people who stock pile disgust me, me me me me and fuck every one else, you are lower than the lowest person

Aww.. a government that is withdrawing tools to deal with a pandemic disgusts me also.

I don't really give two monkeys as to how you feel..."

If your employer requires them your employer should pay for them.

"Anyway..

I don't really give two monkeys as to how you feel...

If your employer requires them your employer should pay for them. "

They should. Otherwise it's effectively a paycut.

Longridge

And I ain't taking a cut, employer says there is no need to test, nor isolate...

I am NOT taking moral responsibility for avoidable death of someone I work with for sake of a test..

"And I ain't taking a cut, employer says there is no need to test, nor isolate...

I am NOT taking moral responsibility for avoidable death of someone I work with for sake of a test.."

But you said you had to continue taking tests to continue working so that's not true then?

Longridge

Depends how you see it..

Don't test, risk making someone seriously ill, or test at my own cost?

Having complained about situation of contact with others and no need to test, had duties changed..

Still leaves the issue of colleague who could become seriously ill. As for the role change, its best that I continue due to regular testing, therefore protecting both colleague and others at the same time.

I could suggest my colleague is sacked then I have nothing to be concerned about?

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Didn’t think you had to take tests any more??

Mugs will buy them along with anti vac wipes and toilet roll

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Mugs will buy them along with anti vac wipes and toilet roll "

You don't buy toilet roll

Terra Firma

What a load of nonsense!

Sometimes people need to take breathe and stop being so reactive.

You are missing the point and I did read what you said. Sometimes people need to stop and breathe and stop being so reactive you should take your own advice. "

oh dear! I'm not spending any further time to trying to rationalise with you, you seem hell bent on interacting with every post made and you don't make sense

"Why would u test it’s got to the point of it’s comparable to a bad case of flu

I'm sure the hundreds who die with Covid each week in our country will be happy to hear that."

. As i’ve mentioned before, over 1,000 people die every day in the U.K, each one a tragedy to those who loved them. But that doesn’t mean that rational discussion on such subjects can’t be engaged in just because some people want to bring up the childish “tell that to” nonsense.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Saw this coming months back … got ‘em while they were free ! Now … to eBay !

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

You can still order free ones from government site as far as I can see. A pack every 3 days and a pack contains 7 tests.

"Saw this coming months back … got ‘em while they were free ! Now … to eBay ! "

You do know they've never actually never been free? it is taxpayers money that is used.

"Saw this coming months back … got ‘em while they were free ! Now … to eBay ! "

Well done you. Should ask Boris for a job!

I wouldn't be buying them.

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

I'm sure the hundreds who die with Covid each week in our country will be happy to hear that."

The vast vast majority die with Covid not because of it

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I'm sure the hundreds who die with Covid each week in our country will be happy to hear that.

The vast vast majority die with Covid not because of it "

True exactly the same as cancer.

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Ack. We have free prescriptions up here in Scotland. Lateral tests will most likely still be free too.

Ye all voted for Boris the bumbling baffone!!

Live by yer sword,

die by yer sword!!!!!

Have fun....

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I need a fit to fly LFT- it's a minimum of £13!!

By *un300CoolMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

That’s all well and said but with everything that is going on right now between fuel , gas and electricity rocketing up etc there is a lot of households now struggling .