FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Caught covid

Caught covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkxRabbit OP   Woman  over a year ago

Wokingish

Relaxed, met a friend on Wednesday, tested positive today. And I've managed to avoid it for two years! It's a case of lust getting the better of us!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Get well soon x

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

So covid gets through two jabs and a boost?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So covid gets through two jabs and a boost? "

It sure does. I am a front line worker and never caught covid until 2weeks after my booster. Alot of my colleagues have had it twice.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

no one ever said it wouldn't

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

The virus changes all the time and it would be difficult for the vaccine to keep up with it.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"So covid gets through two jabs and a boost?

It sure does. I am a front line worker and never caught covid until 2weeks after my booster. Alot of my colleagues have had it twice."

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Feel better

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

no one ever said it wouldn't"

erm thats how it was sold to the general public get jabbed to stop covid, was a little bit down the line that we started getting told it would just make the symptoms less yet here we are with both the jabbed and unjabbed still ending up in hospital, although i have noticed they have stopped giving out daily deaths on the news is that because the numbers aint enough to scare people any longer

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

no one ever said it wouldn'term thats how it was sold to the general public get jabbed to stop covid, was a little bit down the line that we started getting told it would just make the symptoms less yet here we are with both the jabbed and unjabbed still ending up in hospital, although i have noticed they have stopped giving out daily deaths on the news is that because the numbers aint enough to scare people any longer"

Actually it wasn't sold to us like that. It was never claimed that it would prevent anyone getting the virus or passing it on. Yes reduces the symptoms but everything else was the same. So when everyone was shouting to get the vaccine to help others, they were only helping themselves so not having the vaccine wasn't selfish.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

no one ever said it wouldn'term thats how it was sold to the general public get jabbed to stop covid, was a little bit down the line that we started getting told it would just make the symptoms less yet here we are with both the jabbed and unjabbed still ending up in hospital, although i have noticed they have stopped giving out daily deaths on the news is that because the numbers aint enough to scare people any longer

Actually it wasn't sold to us like that. It was never claimed that it would prevent anyone getting the virus or passing it on. Yes reduces the symptoms but everything else was the same. So when everyone was shouting to get the vaccine to help others, they were only helping themselves so not having the vaccine wasn't selfish. "

yet there are still people who think ya a granny killer or are the worst human ever if you refused the jab, i got mine so i could go abroad no other noble reason, if i hadnt wanted to do that i would of just taken my chances and not got it

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

------

erm thats how it was sold to the general public get jabbed to stop covid, was a little bit down the line that we started getting told it would just make the symptoms less yet here we are with both the jabbed and unjabbed still ending up in hospital, although i have noticed they have stopped giving out daily deaths on the news is that because the numbers aint enough to scare people any longer"

It's a vaccine, not a forcefield. A vaccine teaches your body how to "deal with" a virus, it doesn't repel the virus... it's not rocket science.

I hope you are better quickly OP

Cal x

By *ideaswingersCouple  over a year ago

Ponteland

Yes they absolutely did at first. Tons of videos and press conferences showing it

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Yes they absolutely did at first. Tons of videos and press conferences showing it "

They really really did!

Farnworth

no one ever said it wouldn'term thats how it was sold to the general public get jabbed to stop covid, was a little bit down the line that we started getting told it would just make the symptoms less yet here we are with both the jabbed and unjabbed still ending up in hospital, although i have noticed they have stopped giving out daily deaths on the news is that because the numbers aint enough to scare people any longer

Actually it wasn't sold to us like that. It was never claimed that it would prevent anyone getting the virus or passing it on. Yes reduces the symptoms but everything else was the same. So when everyone was shouting to get the vaccine to help others, they were only helping themselves so not having the vaccine wasn't selfish. yet there are still people who think ya a granny killer or are the worst human ever if you refused the jab, i got mine so i could go abroad no other noble reason, if i hadnt wanted to do that i would of just taken my chances and not got it"

So you're making wild assumptions. I have had my jabs, all 3 if you'd like to be accurate so I ain't any type of killer plus didn't you actually understand what I said? I'll say it again just for you

The vaccine does NOT prevent anyone getting the virus or it's variants and it does NOT prevent anyone passing it on to anyone else.

So do you understand that? You had your vaccine for your reasons. I had mine for my reasons which is to protect MYSELF and my unborn baby and NOT to protect other people because it can't.

That's like saying I'll take a paracetamol because my neighbour has a headache. Doesn't work

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Yep.

Does tend to take the death element out of the equation but sadly, not for everyone.

Stay safe, stay happy.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

"Relaxed, met a friend on Wednesday, tested positive today. And I've managed to avoid it for two years! It's a case of lust getting the better of us!

"

Speedy recovery. I just been getting over covid for last couple of weeks myself

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

no one ever said it wouldn'term thats how it was sold to the general public get jabbed to stop covid, was a little bit down the line that we started getting told it would just make the symptoms less yet here we are with both the jabbed and unjabbed still ending up in hospital, although i have noticed they have stopped giving out daily deaths on the news is that because the numbers aint enough to scare people any longer"

No, the jab was sold to general public as "get vaccinated to get back to things you love". Nobody was promising you're not going to catch it, but your chances of needing hospitalisation with the jabs were slim.

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

I'm like the OP, I managed to avoid Covid for 2 years to finally test positive last Tuesday.

One crucial difference, though- as soon as we were allowed to, I started live my life to as full as possible. I'm regretting nothing and I knew that, sooner or later, I would have caught it.

Luckily for me, I have barely any symptoms - did lose my sense of smell for a couple of days and was coughing quite a bit at the beginning.

Day 5 today, still tested positive this morning and the boredom and lack of human contact are getting to me (I live on my own), but at least my place might be sparkly clean by the time I'm out of Covid jail

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Always travelling

[Removed by poster at 27/03/22 11:21:31]

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Always travelling

NEWSFLASH - Efficacy

NEWSFLASH - How vaccines work

Google will probably help you understand these two things lol

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Yes they fucking did

Wokingish

It sure did!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yes, as all of the research evidence and PR has informed us. But, the overall symptoms are better for us and society has gained so much, from people who have had the vaccines. New variants also have become much, much more infectious.

By *9 kisses.Man  over a year ago

clacton on sea

I've just got over having it a second time,

This time round I've Been double jabbed and I've had a booster,

This time round I wasn't so il, did loose my taste, still had a crap sleep pattern,

Those jabs work well then?

Farnworth

Yes they fucking did

"

Profanity doesn't strengthen your opinion

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes they absolutely did at first. Tons of videos and press conferences showing it

They really really did!"

Yes, it is well documented and will continue to do so as well.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Relaxed, met a friend on Wednesday, tested positive today. And I've managed to avoid it for two years! It's a case of lust getting the better of us!

"

Get well soon

Yes they fucking did

"

Then you either weren't listening properly or you didn't understand things like efficacy and variation.

We’ve been cautious from the start . Not overly cautious but enough that we hadn’t caught it . That is hadn’t caught it until this last week when our gremlins very kindly shared their school friends germs with us. Day 5 still testing positive and feel shocking!

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

I got it after 2 jabs and the booster. Very mild symptoms, thankfully. As a 66 yr old with Asthma, I'm glad I had them.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

Yes. You know how it works, don’t you? And that the main aim of the jabs is to reduce severity rather than eliminate contagion?

henley on thames

Yes they fucking did

"

No they didn’t. And no need for being so abusive.

henley on thames

No, the jab was sold to general public as "get vaccinated to get back to things you love". Nobody was promising you're not going to catch it, but your chances of needing hospitalisation with the jabs were slim. "

Exactly. Reduces contagion, but the main benefit is that they significant you reduced severity / hospitalisation / deaths. A simple look at the death rates vs infections backs that up.

It was not sold to the public as it would get rid of covid.

All along it has been made clear it will not stop you getting covert it will however limit hospital admissions and it has done.

BRIDGEND

Yes they fucking did

No they didn’t. And no need for being so abusive. "

During a July 2021 CNN town hall, U.S. President Joe Biden falsely stated that "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," and "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

So yes they fucking did

BRIDGEND

Yes they fucking did

During a July 2021 CNN town hall, U.S. President Joe Biden falsely stated that "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," and "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

So yes they fucking did"

And before you try and squirm your way out with 'well I meant doctor's etc' you said 'no one'

BRIDGEND

Stop gaslighting

Stop lying

By *aulj69Man  over a year ago

dunstable

"Stop gaslighting

Stop lying

"

Gas lighting? I love Peaky Blinders. Lol

henley on thames

Yes they fucking did

So yes they fucking did"

That’s not “they”.

And again, why be so abusive? Really damages any credibility you might have when you feel the need to be so obnoxious. Tone it down, pal.

henley on thames

"Stop gaslighting

Stop lying

"

Stop being so obnoxious and aggressive.

henley on thames

Yes they fucking did

So yes they fucking did"

I was taking my advice from Whitty. He’s a doctor. And i read up on the vaccines at the time so I knew what they did and didn’t do.

Now calm down and be respectful to other posters

Manchester (she/her)

I hope you're feeling better, OP

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Yes they fucking did

So yes they fucking did"

but we live in the UK...so listen to UK doctors... and they said that they hoped it would reduce transmission( and for a while it was) but the main thing was it would reduce the severity of the Illness. Which it has x

By *ev_1Couple  over a year ago

Bickliegh

Really we still going on about this

By *oson-BlueCouple  over a year ago

North Kent

OP I avoided for the 2 years too I work in healthcare and managed to dodge it.

My brother lives with me and tests positive last week so inevitable that I would catch it and boy do I feel like utter crap it’s more than a bad cold but not quite the flu, it’s somewhere in between but everyone is different. I would hate to know how it feels without being triple jabbed!! Get well soon

Ms

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Is it the case that those who have forgotten all the different messages that were put out over 2020 2021 are literally only able to keep the most recent messaging in their head at any one time?

One that is often forgotten is the very early observation that covid caused mild symptoms in the MAJORITY of infected people. Yet since early 2021, the vaccine is responsible for these mild symptoms.

Go figure.

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"OP I avoided for the 2 years too I work in healthcare and managed to dodge it.

My brother lives with me and tests positive last week so inevitable that I would catch it and boy do I feel like utter crap it’s more than a bad cold but not quite the flu, it’s somewhere in between but everyone is different. I would hate to know how it feels without being triple jabbed!! Get well soon

Ms "

How it feels varies from person to person irrespective of vaccination status. I got covid at new year. Headache chills and sore throat and was actually feeling better when the positive LFT result showed up two days late. Unvaccinated. Granted it was probably the original omicron strain but still. I caught it off my sister who was fully vaccinated but was really unwell with it for 2 weeks. Post covid recovery was slower. Probably many factors there.

henley on thames

"Is it the case that those who have forgotten all the different messages that were put out over 2020 2021 are literally only able to keep the most recent messaging in their head at any one time?

One that is often forgotten is the very early observation that covid caused mild symptoms in the MAJORITY of infected people. Yet since early 2021, the vaccine is responsible for these mild symptoms.

Go figure. "

Are too forgetting the mortality rates at the start? And the full icu’s? And they was when the number of infected people was way lower than it is today.

The virus has weakened and the vaccines have helped to protect people from severe symptoms.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"

Very similar here lol, and I’m currently on Day 8. My friend is now showing negative lft’s, but I’m still showing positive. Feeling much better though

It sure does. I am a front line worker and never caught covid until 2weeks after my booster. Alot of my colleagues have had it twice."

Maybe if you look at Pfizer and profits you will understand why you are given false promises, luckily iv`e never been jabbed, tested or worn a mask thanks x

Wokingish

Well, I’m triple vaccinated, diabetic, overweight and asthmatic so I count myself lucky to have got off so lightly. Those vaccinations have made a massive difference. If you remember, back in 2020 it was people just like me who were dying in ICU.

It sure does. I am a front line worker and never caught covid until 2weeks after my booster. Alot of my colleagues have had it twice.

Maybe if you look at Pfizer and profits you will understand why you are given false promises, luckily iv`e never been jabbed, tested or worn a mask thanks x"

A very responsible person well done. You should be really proud of yourself. Family and friends must have welcomed you with open arms

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Day 10 and got my first negative back!

For the record; I’m triple vaccinated, followed all the guidelines (but no wine and cheese work seminars), and this was my first bout

I'm in a household where 2 have tested positive for the last 8 days. I test daily and keep testing negative (have both plus boast).

Its seems no body wants me, even the bloody virus!

Just back from Spain and me and some of my friends have tested positive

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

Yes it always has been the case and they were very clear about it

Jabs are generally the difference between being ill and being seriously ill or dead

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 02/04/22 08:10:22]

Longridge

Yes it always has been the case and they were very clear about it

Jabs are generally the difference between being ill and being seriously ill or dead "

It just gets boring.. if people don't by now understand the benefits of vaccination, then I doubt they ever will.

It's not worth wasting time on them. One thing I've learnt very string the last 2 n half years, there are those that deny, those that listen and those that want to learn.

Blankface has started to become a very useful state of emotion. Met a guy last yesterday in regards to Solar batteries, his wife refuses to change the washing/drying routine to aim for midday and avoid cloudy days then wonders why, even with Solar they pay £190 per month.

"I'll run the washer when I want"

In the end, I walked out saying there is no hope.. The psychology is the same..

Bit like trying to warn someone on a beach watching crabs and fish flapping on the sand, that a tsunami is coming.. but they don't listen..

Struth.. here's lyrics from favourite Pink Floyd track..

All alone or in twos

The ones who really love you

Walk up and down outside the wall

Some hand in hand

And some gather together in bands

The bleeding hearts and the artists

Make their stand

And when they've given you their all

Some stagger and fall after all it's not easy

Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall

Maybe if you look at Pfizer and profits you will understand why you are given false promises, luckily iv`e never been jabbed, tested or worn a mask thanks x

A very responsible person well done. You should be really proud of yourself. Family and friends must have welcomed you with open arms"

i am proud, the fact i worked in funeral industry and seen first hand the reality thanks, maybe one day you will question what you are being injected with and why? maybe you won`t, we all have freedom of choice and not to be insulted here x

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

A very responsible person well done. You should be really proud of yourself. Family and friends must have welcomed you with open arms

i am proud, the fact i worked in funeral industry and seen first hand the reality thanks, maybe one day you will question what you are being injected with and why? maybe you won`t, we all have freedom of choice and not to be insulted here x"

I'm not sure how working in a customer facing business you would not have been wearing masks, however we know exactly what we have been injected with. It is literally on the leaflet they give you.

I did serious research as I had to make the decision for my daughter as it was me they ask not her.

I am so glad I chose to get her vaccinated. It was the safe, responsible option.

By *uv2kissMan  over a year ago

fenland

i am proud, the fact i worked in funeral industry and seen first hand the reality thanks, maybe one day you will question what you are being injected with and why? maybe you won`t, we all have freedom of choice and not to be insulted here x I'm not sure how working in a customer facing business you would not have been wearing masks, however we know exactly what we have been injected with. It is literally on the leaflet they give you.

I did serious research as I had to make the decision for my daughter as it was me they ask not her.

I am so glad I chose to get her vaccinated. It was the safe, responsible option. "

i am proud, the fact i worked in funeral industry and seen first hand the reality thanks, maybe one day you will question what you are being injected with and why? maybe you won`t, we all have freedom of choice and not to be insulted here x I'm not sure how working in a customer facing business you would not have been wearing masks, however we know exactly what we have been injected with. It is literally on the leaflet they give you.

I am so glad I chose to get her vaccinated. It was the safe, responsible option. "

And i`m glad you chose that option for your family, i hope your daughter had a say, as a leaflet as you put it explains what?, i have my choices and respect yours, forums seem to generate a lot of hatred, i welcome that as a free person x

By *ammisuxTV/TS  over a year ago

Uxbridge

Joe Biden said if you get the jab you won't get covid.

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

##

Yes it can but the vaccine is about building up the bodes capability to deal with it and minimise risk of hospitalisation...

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

[Removed by poster at 02/04/22 22:47:43]

merseyside

Maybe if you look at Pfizer and profits you will understand why you are given false promises, luckily iv`e never been jabbed, tested or worn a mask thanks x"

I sincerely hope that all the major companies involved in keeping medicines of all flavours at the cutting edge continue to make profits so that extensive R&D in all fields can continue at pace.

There is only one other thing more helpful than vaccine to global healthcare and that's clean water.

May vaccines continue to advance and thrive.

Longridge

"Joe Biden said if you get the jab you won't get covid. "

Maybe next time, the best advice is take it from a medical expert, not a politician.

"So covid gets through two jabs and a boost? ##

Yes it can but the vaccine is about building up the bodes capability to deal with it and minimise risk of hospitalisation... "

Haha, and over dosing the immune system has a side effect, as do all medications, not my words, experts, but tbh pretty obvious jabbed are more risky as immune system is so suppressed to the one variant x you will be jabbed every 3 months way it`s going, but then i see some here are club goers and do it for alternative reasons.

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"

Whoopy doo

BRIDGEND

"Joe Biden said if you get the jab you won't get covid.

Maybe next time, the best advice is take it from a medical expert, not a politician.

"

That was just one example to disprove the moronic comment put forward that 'NO ONE SAID IT WOULD STOP YOU CATCHING IT'. If you still say that you're either stupid or a liar

And as politicians, especially political leaders, have further reach that scientists, and represent the scientific community in spreading the message, you're attempt to deflect is petty

Rochelle Walensky, head of the CDC and someone who more than meets your definition of medical expert also said the same, but I'm sure you'll attempt to weasel out of that too by claiming you were only listening to British scientists

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Maybe next time, the best advice is take it from a medical expert, not a politician

That was just one example to disprove the moronic comment put forward that 'NO ONE SAID IT WOULD STOP YOU CATCHING IT'. If you still say that you're either stupid or a liar

And as politicians, especially political leaders, have further reach that scientists, and represent the scientific community in spreading the message, you're attempt to deflect is petty

Rochelle Walensky, head of the CDC and someone who more than meets your definition of medical expert also said the same, but I'm sure you'll attempt to weasel out of that too by claiming you were only listening to British scientists

"

Can't find any reference to Biden saying anything even remotely like this. Walensky didn't say anything like it either and is widely fact checked as false too.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes it can but the vaccine is about building up the bodes capability to deal with it and minimise risk of hospitalisation...

Haha, and over dosing the immune system has a side effect, as do all medications, not my words, experts, but tbh pretty obvious jabbed are more risky as immune system is so suppressed to the one variant x you will be jabbed every 3 months way it`s going, but then i see some here are club goers and do it for alternative reasons."

In this instance it's a testable hypothesis. What are the clinical outcomes of those who have had 0-5 Covid vaccinations to date? (5 will be Novavax and Valneva trial participants whose non placebo vaccinations were not validated by the NHS and needed to have the NHS jabs as well).

While the 5 arm is going to be uncommon, it's still thousands of people in the UK alone, and much more than that for the other numbers.

We should expect, if insults to the immune system via vaccination are harmful, that the 5 arm will suffer a lot of illness, yes? That's a reasonable hypothesis?

What's the time frame this should be studied under?

Testable hypotheses are the best way to study such questions, rather than blindly swallowing the pronouncements of individuals, be they experts or raving lunnatics.

As someone who's had 5 Covid jabs, I'd be delighted to sign up for such an experiment.

Haha, and over dosing the immune system has a side effect, as do all medications, not my words, experts, but tbh pretty obvious jabbed are more risky as immune system is so suppressed to the one variant x you will be jabbed every 3 months way it`s going, but then i see some here are club goers and do it for alternative reasons.

In this instance it's a testable hypothesis. What are the clinical outcomes of those who have had 0-5 Covid vaccinations to date? (5 will be Novavax and Valneva trial participants whose non placebo vaccinations were not validated by the NHS and needed to have the NHS jabs as well).

While the 5 arm is going to be uncommon, it's still thousands of people in the UK alone, and much more than that for the other numbers.

We should expect, if insults to the immune system via vaccination are harmful, that the 5 arm will suffer a lot of illness, yes? That's a reasonable hypothesis?

Testable hypotheses are the best way to study such questions, rather than blindly swallowing the pronouncements of individuals, be they experts or raving lunnatics.

As someone who's had 5 Covid jabs, I'd be delighted to sign up for such an experiment. "

I have said it before, and I say it again .... Swing knows her shit

BRIDGEND

Maybe next time, the best advice is take it from a medical expert, not a politician

Can't find any reference to Biden saying anything even remotely like this. Walensky didn't say anything like it either and is widely fact checked as false too."

It was in July 2021 for Biden, as confirmed by Snopes / politifact etc

Walensky said it on April 2021

Both their statements were corrected

It's not difficult to find this information

Your attempt to spread misinformation is weird

Are you doing on purpose or because you're incapable of research?

BRIDGEND

I'd post links but then I'll be banned so go to Google. Do you neee to explain how to use Google?

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

As someone who's had 5 Covid jabs, I'd be delighted to sign up for such an experiment. "

Overdosing the immune system by covid vaccine, I'm more scared of bloody pollen to be honest

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The way that vaccines work:

1. They prime your immune system by letting it know what the virus looks like. Eg. Give the bouncer on the pub door photos of known troublemakers.

2. This allows your immune system to mount a response quicker when the virus enters your body. Eg. The bouncer can try to throw the troublemaker out before they start smashing the place up.

What the vaccines don't do:

1. Strengthen your immune system if it is already weak. Eg. If your bouncer already has a broken arm, or isn't such a big guy, it doesn't make him into superman.

2. Give your immune system a magic way of identifying the virus if the virus changes. Eg. If the troublemaker gets plastic surgery, or maybe just changes their hairstyle and grows a beard, your bouncer might not recognise him.

3. Provide infinite resources for your immune system to keep fighting if exposed to the virus again and again and again. Eg. If the troublemaker keeps coming back, and brings his twin/triplet/quadruple/100-times-twin brother along, your bouncer isn't going to be able to keep them out forever.

4. Magically keep you perfectly healthy while actively fighting off the virus. Eg. You can have a big bouncer, and he might be able to keep kicking the crap out of the troublemaker, but there's going to be bottles broken and furniture smashed in the process.

Stockport

Vaccines aren't magic. For most people they help catch the incursion of the virus quicker and help start fighting it sooner. Leading to reducing the time it takes to overcome it, and reducing the amount of damage done during the fight. Thus reducing the length of time that you are carrying the virus, reducing the period where you can pass it onto someone else. And reducing the amount of virus you could be spreading onto others, because it hasn't been allowed to multiply as quickly or for so long.

If you are the only person that takes the vaccine, and you are surrounded by unvaccinated people, then although you have some protection you are still being continually exposed to quantities of the virus coming off the others. So it's more likely that your immune system will get overwhelmed even though it does know how to recognise the virus. There's just too much of the virus around to be able to defend yourself forever.

But if everyone is vaccinated, then everyone is actively fighting off the virus. There are less people ill, for less time. So any one of you is exposed to less of the virus and less likely to get ill. So there are less people ill... Etc.

Vaccination is a team game. To work best, it needs everyone to all work together.

By *he FAB Social - MCRCouple (FF)  over a year ago

manchester

Actually it wasn't sold to us like that. It was never claimed that it would prevent anyone getting the virus or passing it on. Yes reduces the symptoms but everything else was the same. So when everyone was shouting to get the vaccine to help others, they were only helping themselves so not having the vaccine wasn't selfish. "

Actually BoJo said in an early press conference that the vaccine would give everyone immunity so when it was available we should all rush out to have it!!

Just a shame the science didn’t follow his ideas

Pixie

I still don’t know if I have ever had covid. Had all my jabs and always had negative tests. Known over a dozen people close to me who have had covid.

Durham

Can't find any reference to Biden saying anything even remotely like this. Walensky didn't say anything like it either and is widely fact checked as false too.

Are you doing on purpose or because you're incapable of research?"

Walensky was 2 merged videos spliced together with no context and lots of fact check site flag it up misleading. I stand corrected on biden but he did say correctly in the same town hall meeting that vaccinated people are less likely to catch covid and a lot less likely to be seriously ill and end up in hospital.

BRIDGEND

Walensky was 2 merged videos spliced together with no context and lots of fact check site flag it up misleading. I stand corrected on biden but he did say correctly in the same town hall meeting that vaccinated people are less likely to catch covid and a lot less likely to be seriously ill and end up in hospital."

There was a video of walensky which had been cut to be misleading, but that was about the vaccines not working

Her stating that you couldn't pass the virus on if you were vaccinated was just her stating erroneous factsi don't blame them, that's what they were sold by pharmaceutical companies, which are first and foremost businesses driven by profit

What baffles me is people flat out lying as if to protect these immoral companies

Whatever, as one member said above, I take a blankface approach to it. I don't, and I've never, cared if people do or do not take the vaccines

I've survived w other winter of severe illness and death (a direct warning from the white house that made me laugh) and I've yet to see a reason to change my stance. I'm no more worried about Covid than I am about the flu

As I age I'll consider a shot but I'm not worried at the moment

Durham

Walensky was 2 merged videos spliced together with no context and lots of fact check site flag it up misleading. I stand corrected on biden but he did say correctly in the same town hall meeting that vaccinated people are less likely to catch covid and a lot less likely to be seriously ill and end up in hospital.

There was a video of walensky which had been cut to be misleading, but that was about the vaccines not working

Her stating that you couldn't pass the virus on if you were vaccinated was just her stating erroneous factsi don't blame them, that's what they were sold by pharmaceutical companies, which are first and foremost businesses driven by profit

What baffles me is people flat out lying as if to protect these immoral companies

Whatever, as one member said above, I take a blankface approach to it. I don't, and I've never, cared if people do or do not take the vaccines

I've survived w other winter of severe illness and death (a direct warning from the white house that made me laugh) and I've yet to see a reason to change my stance. I'm no more worried about Covid than I am about the flu

As I age I'll consider a shot but I'm not worried at the moment"

None of the vaccine manufacturers said it would totally prevent getting covid. The fact that they make it less likely to catch it was part of any of the development , prevention of death and serious illness was the primary design of all the current vaccines. The slight prevention of catching covid was a lucky accident.

merseyside

Yes

So yes they fucking did

And before you try and squirm your way out with 'well I meant doctor's etc' you said 'no one'

"

Oh dear, you are such a pedantic child.

As my dear old nan used to say, act your age, not your shoe size.

The bad language is a bit of a give away.

Like world-leading, Dr Fauci (USA) leading the vaccines said few times now natural immunity is 2x better then a vaccine, even though these new technology covid vaccines are brand new and data is coming in all the time (live data) on human health with theses new covid mRnA we don't have any data to compare mRnA on humans.

It seems more people getting covid now last count 4.3 million with vaccines than previous without vaccines (data)

Little is known about the Spanish flu pandemic 2018 but US soldiers were indeed injected with a test vaccine before any Spanish flu was sent to war but came back with type of flu? Vaccine/virus or a virus attacking the new untested vaccine or shredding a vaccine?

We will probably never ever know any truth and as for covid vaccine we are trying out well who will know the difference between a new vaccine or a new virus.

We just or won't ever know will we?

Longridge

It is not the vaccine that gives immunity, it is what the vaccine does to trigger an immune 'memory'.

May well be that catching live virus might be 2x more effective but that means actually catching a virus that you would never have known the outcome.

Take my chances with a live virus or a controlled dose to help me fight the real one - I know which I'd prefer.

Lolly lickin party anyone?

merseyside

"The way that vaccines work:

1. They prime your immune system by letting it know what the virus looks like. Eg. Give the bouncer on the pub door photos of known troublemakers.

2. This allows your immune system to mount a response quicker when the virus enters your body. Eg. The bouncer can try to throw the troublemaker out before they start smashing the place up.

1. Strengthen your immune system if it is already weak. Eg. If your bouncer already has a broken arm, or isn't such a big guy, it doesn't make him into superman.

2. Give your immune system a magic way of identifying the virus if the virus changes. Eg. If the troublemaker gets plastic surgery, or maybe just changes their hairstyle and grows a beard, your bouncer might not recognise him.

3. Provide infinite resources for your immune system to keep fighting if exposed to the virus again and again and again. Eg. If the troublemaker keeps coming back, and brings his twin/triplet/quadruple/100-times-twin brother along, your bouncer isn't going to be able to keep them out forever.

4. Magically keep you perfectly healthy while actively fighting off the virus. Eg. You can have a big bouncer, and he might be able to keep kicking the crap out of the troublemaker, but there's going to be bottles broken and furniture smashed in the process.

"

Love it.

Are you happy for me to copy to show a friend, a non FAB friend

Stockport

Love it.

Are you happy for me to copy to show a friend, a non FAB friend "

Yes no problem.

merseyside

Love it.

Are you happy for me to copy to show a friend, a non FAB friend

Yes no problem."

Thanks.

BRIDGEND

Nice weaseling by the way

By *omer47Man  over a year ago

leigh

Kept free of covid for over 2yrs. Now the restrictions were eased by the government, the mrs went out in mcr on a hen night and now we both have covid. To say that I was not happy was an understatement.....more like furious.

By *ntenceMan  over a year ago

Greater London

Hope you get well soon

merseyside

"Nice weaseling by the way"

Sorry, don't understand?

Finally caught covid earlier this week even though I'm triple vaccinated.

Lucky I got this variant as a bad cold with a chesty cough

By *ocketrocketsukCouple  over a year ago

West Bridgford

WOW!

So many armchair experts on both sides completely getting this wrong!

Why don't you just let people get the vaccine if they want to or not get it if they don't want to then that's fine too.

None of you know how to read a scientific paper or interpret statistics. So don't start spreading false facts in a public forum.

merseyside

"WOW!

Why don't you just let people get the vaccine if they want to or not get it if they don't want to then that's fine too.

None of you know how to read a scientific paper or interpret statistics. So don't start spreading false facts in a public forum."

Can I ask how you can possibly know that nobody on FAB can read a scientific paper or interpret stats.

There could be many people on here who can do either or both and have no inclination to discuss their skills or interpretations.

Bit of a sweeping comment.

I take it you can do both..

Longridge

"WOW!

None of you know how to read a scientific paper or interpret statistics. So don't start spreading false facts in a public forum."

Well, that's my degree ripped up!!

I think it’s very easy to have your own views until it happens to you ..

caught covid March 2020 .. the virus attacked my heart leaving me with stage 4 heart disease.. my life has been turned up side down ..

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"Kept free of covid for over 2yrs. Now the restrictions were eased by the government, the mrs went out in mcr on a hen night and now we both have covid. To say that I was not happy was an understatement.....more like furious. "

Who are you most furious with? The Government, for easing restrictions rather than plunging us into even more debt through Chinese-style lockdowns, the organiser of the hen party, your wife, all 3 or yourself? Because who's to say that you didn't pick it up, cleared it asymptomatically, but in the process gave it to your wife? You're sure of the route of infection are you? This is a virus someone picked up, not a bright red handbag.

You seem to be the sort who's happy to point the finger at everyone else as long as you are in the clear. How can you be sure with a virus?

All these answers crack me up, don`t forget UK tax payers paid universities to invent the vaccine, sadly Pfizer took hold and registered it to themselves, it was purely profit driven as they sold the vaccine to wealthy countries first, made over 33 billion profit, it doesn`t need a degree to work out, the wealthy have always had control in what the government should tell you to do worldwide, easy to find that information. but enjoy the clubs and meets cause i see them veri`s during a ummm "lock down" loons lol xx

By *ocketrocketsukCouple  over a year ago

West Bridgford

"WOW!

None of you know how to read a scientific paper or interpret statistics. So don't start spreading false facts in a public forum.

Can I ask how you can possibly know that nobody on FAB can read a scientific paper or interpret stats.

There could be many people on here who can do either or both and have no inclination to discuss their skills or interpretations.

I take it you can do both.. "

Well using those contributing to this post as a sample (much like what we do with a suevey) it is very clear that none of you do.

So is it just too hard for you to stay I your lanes and just accept an individuals decision to vaccinate or not?

merseyside

"WOW!

I take it you can do both..

Well using those contributing to this post as a sample (much like what we do with a suevey) it is very clear that none of you do.

So is it just too hard for you to stay I your lanes and just accept an individuals decision to vaccinate or not?"

Err, got me on that one.

Yes they absolutely did at first. Tons of videos and press conferences showing it "

I remember it too,they said it would stop covid.

Anyways,the ONS released the real facts about the deaths via a freedom of information request that a certain media station applied for back in December or January.

When the covid deaths reached 150,000,the media station requested the facts.

The ONS confirmedthat 133,000 of those 150,000 had 3 to 4 health issues,no matter what virus got them it was extremly likely they were going to pass away.

The remaining 17,000 who died solely from covid,the average age was 75 and over,now that's 8,500 each year,this creates a very different story if these facts were released via the mainstream media,that amount of deaths probably doesn't even get in the top 20 deaths per year in the UK,especially when flu deaths totalled 400,000 to 500,000 in the years 2018 and 2019.

The government pushed the fear via the mainstream media,they had parties and weren't afraid of catching the virus.....why?,they weren't scared because they were closer to the real truth than anyone else...they weren't afraid because they knew it wasn't what they made it out to be.

Funny when they talk about spreading misinformation....from the ONS facts,it seems like the government and media were spreading misinformation.

You can't argue with the ONS,they a neutral body,no agenda...they deal merely with facts.

Anyways,the ONS released the real facts about the deaths via a freedom of information request that a certain media station applied for back in December or January.

The ONS confirmedthat 133,000 of those 150,000 had 3 to 4 health issues,no matter what virus got them it was extremly likely they were going to pass away.

The remaining 17,000 who died solely from covid,the average age was 75 and over,now that's 8,500 each year,this creates a very different story if these facts were released via the mainstream media,that amount of deaths probably doesn't even get in the top 20 deaths per year in the UK,especially when flu deaths totalled 400,000 to 500,000 in the years 2018 and 2019.

The government pushed the fear via the mainstream media,they had parties and weren't afraid of catching the virus.....why?,they weren't scared because they were closer to the real truth than anyone else...they weren't afraid because they knew it wasn't what they made it out to be.

Funny when they talk about spreading misinformation....from the ONS facts,it seems like the government and media were spreading misinformation.

You can't argue with the ONS,they a neutral body,no agenda...they deal merely with facts.

"

Biggest way to highlight the way figures are skewed is from a news story out of Australia end of last year.

Guy robbed a shop at gun point, shots were fired, there was a police chase, robber was shot dead by police.

Official cause if death...Covid because autopsy showed he had virus.

So the bullets in him didn't kill him (they did) it was the virus.

Extreme case to highlight but it shows how the figures have been inaccurate.

If you notice reporting now says "death within 28 days of a positive test". 28 days is a long time after a positive result to still use Covid as the reason for death.

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

Biggest way to highlight the way figures are skewed is from a news story out of Australia end of last year.

Guy robbed a shop at gun point, shots were fired, there was a police chase, robber was shot dead by police.

If you notice reporting now says "death within 28 days of a positive test". 28 days is a long time after a positive result to still use Covid as the reason for death."

Correct. Covid is often the straw that breaks the camel's back. Same as flu, mrsa etc. Thousands of people die with the flu, not totally because of it.

If you notice reporting now says "death within 28 days of a positive test". 28 days is a long time after a positive result to still use Covid as the reason for death."

I wander why Pfizer is the main Sponsor of most American media? hmm answers on a postcard peeps, just put twat as the address it will reach me

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Same here 1st time with covid cought it friday at work just have to get used it it now feel like shit but at least it not as bad now than it was

Durham

"

You know sprinkled in with some real facts are a lot of bs. The flu numbers for a start. Same as the average of the 17000 is not 75 . Age is a commorbidity so anyone over 75 wouldn't be counted in the 17000

You know sprinkled in with some real facts are a lot of bs. The flu numbers for a start. Same as the average of the 17000 is not 75 . Age is a commorbidity so anyone over 75 wouldn't be counted in the 17000 "

OK,so the ONS are lying about that.

Durham

You know sprinkled in with some real facts are a lot of bs. The flu numbers for a start. Same as the average of the 17000 is not 75 . Age is a commorbidity so anyone over 75 wouldn't be counted in the 17000

OK,so the ONS are lying about that."

No At the time ONS said 17000 people out of near 150000 died solely of covid. i.e With no comorbidities. That is true pretty everything elsewhere you have written simply isn't true.

By *ayboyMan  over a year ago

leitrim

Keep well and mind yourself

No At the time ONS said 17000 people out of near 150000 died solely of covid. i.e With no comorbidities. That is true pretty everything elsewhere you have written simply isn't true."

OK,so the media didn't push the fear on false numbers....was that not misinformation?

Durham

No At the time ONS said 17000 people out of near 150000 died solely of covid. i.e With no comorbidities. That is true pretty everything elsewhere you have written simply isn't true.

OK,so the media didn't push the fear on false numbers....was that not misinformation?"

The media reported the figures. Don't just read the headlines.There are different ways of measuring and reporting covid deaths not just the deaths 28 after a positive test, as it missed a lot of deaths at the beginning of the pandemic. I would argue that the mentioned on death certificate is probably more accurate.

"

I’ve got it now, after avoiding it all this time, and so have both my kids.

By *he FAB Social - MCRCouple (FF)  over a year ago

manchester

I’ve got it now, after avoiding it all this time, and so have both my kids. "

Same... just in time for the school holidays

Pixie

Pixie "

Yep, we’re a feeble household, but at least we can loll around

Pixie

Yep, we’re a feeble household, but at least we can loll around "

every human will get a cold, enjoy your weekend with lemsip lol, sure thats why they invented paracetamol and lemons xx

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

can you test negative on an antigen 4 days after testing positive. is that normal?

Manchester (she/her)

Pixie

Yep, we’re a feeble household, but at least we can loll around "

Feel better

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"can you test negative on an antigen 4 days after testing positive. is that normal?"
test negative on antigen 4 days after testing pos on one?

Pixie

Yep, we’re a feeble household, but at least we can loll around

Feel better"

Thank you

Humans crack me up here, very amusing! one side they meet n fuck, other side they are scared to leave the house, that`s where i love to find out about control and telling other humans you are vaccinated so can meet, vs not vaccinated frowned upon? answers on a postcard but don`t fkn lick it

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

People obviously have forgotten how many people pre vaccines

By *la87Man  over a year ago

acton

No, the jab was sold to general public as "get vaccinated to get back to things you love". Nobody was promising you're not going to catch it, but your chances of needing hospitalisation with the jabs were slim. "

Hospitalisations didn't go down following the vaccine. They definitely lied about it's efficacy. You can satisfy yourself by reading news and public statements on the vaccine prior to say May 2021 (you can restrict your Google search results to this) and read what was promised. It failed to deliver.

Finally your chances of needing hospitalisation with the vaccine are also slim.

By *la87Man  over a year ago

acton

Just remembered one more thing, do you recall the term "rare breakthrough cases" why would it exist if "nobody promised it would prevent infection"

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

They were helping others because Covid was pushing the NHS to breaking point.

The greater the proportion of people who, because of their vaccination, can sit in bed at home and drink hot lemon rather than lie in a hospital bed on a ventilator, the better it is. Least we forget, cancer, car accidents, pneumonia, etc etc did not stop because of Covid.

Lest we forget the billions Pfizer have made in profits and those Uk PPE side companies that have pocketed millions, a few surfacing from the elite government for contracts but tbh, two things make money, war and illness, if you disagree i welcome comments but only after you research this thankyou x

I’ve had covid twice last time I had a headache took two paracetamols and didn’t have any more symptoms, it’s become just like the flu now

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Joe Biden said if you get the jab you won't get covid. "

Question -

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer –

He/she speaks.

By *elshie69Man  over a year ago

Feltham

"Lest we forget the billions Pfizer have made in profits and those Uk PPE side companies that have pocketed millions, a few surfacing from the elite government for contracts but tbh, two things make money, war and illness, if you disagree i welcome comments but only after you research this thankyou x

"

Wasn’t it something like TWENTY SIX BILLION DOLLARS in profits just for the first quarter of this year alone..?!

Little wonder they want to keep stringing it out for as long as possible

Manchester (she/her)

"Lest we forget the billions Pfizer have made in profits and those Uk PPE side companies that have pocketed millions, a few surfacing from the elite government for contracts but tbh, two things make money, war and illness, if you disagree i welcome comments but only after you research this thankyou x

"

What, that the government is corrupt and that pharmaceuticals and wars make money?

Entirely agree. What exactly does that have to do with anything?

You're not suggesting we should let Putin get on with genocide or leave disease untreated because war and pharmaceuticals are profitable, are you? Because that'd be both absurd and monstrous. Food is also profitable. Should we boycott eating?

Stockport

"I’ve had covid twice last time I had a headache took two paracetamols and didn’t have any more symptoms, it’s become just like the flu now "

In other news, some people die of the flu, some people don't. Being vaccinated against flu helps put you in the "don't die of flu" group. Being "just like the flu" is pretty fucking horrific for a disease that is about a thousand times more infectious than the flu.

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve had covid twice last time I had a headache took two paracetamols and didn’t have any more symptoms, it’s become just like the flu now

In other news, some people die of the flu, some people don't. Being vaccinated against flu helps put you in the "don't die of flu" group. Being "just like the flu" is pretty fucking horrific for a disease that is about a thousand times more infectious than the flu."

I think some people mistake hayfever for the flu, a moderate cold for dying, and are probably in for a rude shock if anything serious comes to get them.

What, that the government is corrupt and that pharmaceuticals and wars make money?

You're not suggesting we should let Putin get on with genocide or leave disease untreated because war and pharmaceuticals are profitable, are you? Because that'd be both absurd and monstrous. Food is also profitable. Should we boycott eating?"

there is one reason you are here, tax, pretty simple, doesn`t need n argument, but i hope one day you will look at what your tax funds, UK and America has bought this shit show onto Ukraine, i`m disgusted to be British tbh

Manchester (she/her)

You're not suggesting we should let Putin get on with genocide or leave disease untreated because war and pharmaceuticals are profitable, are you? Because that'd be both absurd and monstrous. Food is also profitable. Should we boycott eating?

there is one reason you are here, tax, pretty simple, doesn`t need n argument, but i hope one day you will look at what your tax funds, UK and America has bought this shit show onto Ukraine, i`m disgusted to be British tbh

"

I'm pretty sure I'm here because my parents decided to start a family. *Shrug*

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"

It's impossible to disagree with you

chester

Why is it all other vaccines stop contraction polio, yellow fever, measles, rubella,ect.. but convid and the flu don't? Mmmmm makes you think eh and also the "mystery heart conditions" sweeping every nation with a high jabby jab rate....

I'm pretty sure I'm here because my parents decided to start a family. *Shrug*"

I hope one day you will wake up! no need for silly comments like this when people are dying, i lost all my family to ww2, Falklands and the shit i watch the cunt Russians do just breaks me, thats footage not shown on media btw, educate yourself x

Manchester (she/her)

I'm pretty sure I'm here because my parents decided to start a family. *Shrug*

I hope one day you will wake up! no need for silly comments like this when people are dying, i lost all my family to ww2, Falklands and the shit i watch the cunt Russians do just breaks me, thats footage not shown on media btw, educate yourself x"

You say I'm here because of taxes. That comment makes no sense at all to me.

I'm not in support of what the Russians are doing. But to jump from that to "therefore vaccines or any industry where money is made are evil" is a bit... nonsensical.

I'm wide awake, thank you, but thank you for your condescension that I don't belong to your club.

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

The fourth wave is with us.

Last week the number of deaths above the five-year average (from all causes in England and Wales), was the highest since February 2021.

The NHS is going to be busy again for the next six months!

Fingers crossed for holiday destination lock-downs.

Stockport

"The fourth wave is with us.

Last week the number of deaths above the five-year average (from all causes in England and Wales), was the highest since February 2021.

"

The NHS is going to be utterly swamped while ever we are governed by narcissistic psychopaths who gaslight the entire country into believing that a killer disease has miraculously vanished. The rate of death, life changing chronic illness, and even just work time lost to illness is at the highest it has been through the entire pandemic. And our wonderful government's response? To pretend that it's not happening anymore. To halt all measures towards reducing the spread of the disease. To refuse to even count the fatalities any more.

They have successfully convinced everybody that covid is now trivial - meanwhile it is utterly impossible to get any non-critical care in a hospital. Waiting lists for simple operations - the sort that are easy to do, but have enormous impact upon quality of life, such as hip replacements - are the longest they have ever been, and getting longer every day. There are over six million people on the waiting lists for treatment (that's about every tenth person in the UK), more than two million have been waiting longer than the statutory period of 18 weeks where they are supposed to be seen, nearly twenty thousand have been waiting longer than two years. The numbers are still going up, and unless covid just vanishes on its own, could be double these by the end of the year.

These delays have not been caused by lockdowns. Hospitals never stopped working during lockdowns. The delays have been caused by hospitals being unable to cope with the number of people falling ill because of covid, the people having their normally harmless background conditions becoming deadly after contracting covid. The delays have been caused by the numbers of doctors and other medical staff that have been unable to work while they themselves are infected with this deadly virus. The delays have been caused by the removal of measures that at least slowed down the infection rates a little.

Don't blame the NHS, they are doing everything they can.

Blame the government that are pretending that covid is over, is trivial.

Blame the government who are well happy that lots of elderly and at risk people are dying, who are rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of saving all that money that people paid into pensions that they won't be drawing any more.

Blame the government who don't care that you can't get hospital treatment, because they all have private medical care, they can get their mole removals and penis extensions done, while you are suffering agony for another two years because you cannot get your hip replacement.

Blame the selfish people that are delighted that they are allowed to cough all over you again, spit globs of phlegm on the floors of buses, and generally act like animals, and can then attack YOU if you dare suggest that they might be spreading diseases.

Blame the stupid people who prefer to believe a government who are happy to see them die, rather than the evidence of their own eyes.

Blame all who have chosen to fuck over the future and the present because it is easier than having integrity and taking responsibility.

chester

"

All cause mortality nothing to do with the ?? then? 40,000 new "mystery heart conditions" or the 60+,000 stroke victims After the clot shot?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

All cause mortality nothing to do with the ?? then? 40,000 new "mystery heart conditions" or the 60+,000 stroke victims After the clot shot? "

Ahemcoughthatsbollocks.

Winston

chester

Ah ostrich syndrome just Bury your head back in the sand pal

By *otshot14Woman  over a year ago

nuneaton

I've done well not to get it until now,the backache I had since last Thursday.that was the only symptom I've had.thought I would do a test this morning was fine,backache get wost and tested positive.

Everyone is different.

Think it maybe a long night.lol

Manchester (she/her)

"I've done well not to get it until now,the backache I had since last Thursday.that was the only symptom I've had.thought I would do a test this morning was fine,backache get wost and tested positive.

Everyone is different.

Think it maybe a long night.lol"

Feel better soon

"Ah ostrich syndrome just Bury your head back in the sand pal"

Ahhhh yes, the mRNA expert. I remember you.

Winston

Stockport

All cause mortality nothing to do with the ?? then? 40,000 new "mystery heart conditions" or the 60+,000 stroke victims After the clot shot? "

You mean after catching the clot virus? The virus that infects blood and from there gets to all organs. The virus that can leave micro and not-so-micro clots anywhere in your system?

Manchester (she/her)

All cause mortality nothing to do with the ?? then? 40,000 new "mystery heart conditions" or the 60+,000 stroke victims After the clot shot?

You mean after catching the clot virus? The virus that infects blood and from there gets to all organs. The virus that can leave micro and not-so-micro clots anywhere in your system?"

Silly Polly. You'll never find the Truthiness if you look at actual statistics from reliable sources. Wake up sheeple etc

Ffs are we still going on about this

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid"

Blimey. Over 2 years now and still some people don’t understand what a HCID is and the required procedures for such a disease.

OMFG, try educating yourself.

Jabs / boosters do not stop you catching COVID-19. It educates your immune system so that when you do catch it, you will be less ill and less likely to die!

By *anddXXXCouple  over a year ago

London

Keep up Trigger.

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

"

I was not aware Joe Biden was the only person to encourage people to get the vaccination.

I am sure there was another one?

Keep up Trigger."

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

I was not aware Joe Biden was the only person to encourage people to get the vaccination.

I am sure there was another one? "

To me, the really ridiculous thing is not that politicians said something that turned out not to be true - it's that some people haven't accepted that science changes as we learn more.

It looked like the vaccines might block infection. And then we found out that wasn't true.

And here we are, back to the vaccines still doing what they were studied to do, reducing the risk of hospitalisation and death.

Which is somehow a failure because reasons *shrug*

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

To me, the really ridiculous thing is not that politicians said something that turned out not to be true - it's that some people haven't accepted that science changes as we learn more.

It looked like the vaccines might block infection. And then we found out that wasn't true.

And here we are, back to the vaccines still doing what they were studied to do, reducing the risk of hospitalisation and death.

Which is somehow a failure because reasons *shrug*"

Indeed. It makes no sense. Especially when you consider that the vaccines were pretty effective with the original strain.

Anyone know if the original strain is being found in the wild still? Or has it been eliminated? If it has been eliminated, then we can probably say that is because the measures that were taken (incl vaccines).

-Matt

Caught if for the second time at the weekend. Ultra careful but just shows you

Stockport

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

Indeed. It makes no sense. Especially when you consider that the vaccines were pretty effective with the original strain.

Anyone know if the original strain is being found in the wild still? Or has it been eliminated? If it has been eliminated, then we can probably say that is because the measures that were taken (incl vaccines).

-Matt"

It's probably gone now. But not because of our protective measures. It's gone because of our _lack_ of protective measures. We let enough people catch covid that a faster, nastier strain evolved. Then that faster, nastier strain snapped up all the food (us) leaving the slowpoke original to starve.

If we just continue to let enough people catch covid that it can evolve faster than we can make vaccines, we are going to be fucked as a species.

Manchester (she/her)

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

-Matt"

The original strain started to be crowded out in early 2020. I don't know why, but the first known variant D614G never made a public splash like Alpha et Al did.

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

"If we just continue to let enough people catch Covid that it can evolve faster than we can make vaccines, we are going to be fucked as a species."

And about time too (from the point of view of all life on this planet).

Unfortunately, Covid is unlikely to cause the much-overdue human extinction event. The smallpox viruses managed to exterminate whole populations on Caribbean islands, but the over-populated continents probably have too any naturally immune people for Covid to achieve this.

So far, each wave has killed fewer than the previous one. The passing of the most vulnerable will have been a factor in this. It seems likely, on the scant evidence available so far, that Covid will carry on mutating very like the 'flu viruses, with similar fatality rates.

Time will tell.

End of the day humans will be humans, some love gossip and rules, others don`t! some will just fold like a wet mars bars and say yes please jab me others will question it, no right no wrong but let`s never ignore the millions that died to get us freedom of speach, sadly that is ignored as many laws passed during ummm that virus! due to clauses. i only wish for a happy future, stone me for looking into my past x

chester

"Ah ostrich syndrome just Bury your head back in the sand pal

Winston "

Funny I don't remember you obviously your quite forgettable bland perhaps like cous cous

chester

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

-Matt

It's probably gone now. But not because of our protective measures. It's gone because of our _lack_ of protective measures. We let enough people catch covid that a faster, nastier strain evolved. Then that faster, nastier strain snapped up all the food (us) leaving the slowpoke original to starve.

If we just continue to let enough people catch covid that it can evolve faster than we can make vaccines, we are going to be fucked as a species."

Viruses weaken with each mutation more transmissible yes but always less lethal and with the "wild" strain having a 99.98%survival rate (with no comorbiditys) the rest of the scaryiants are weaker

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

"End of the day humans will be humans, some love gossip and rules, others don`t! some will just fold like a wet mars bars and say yes please jab me others will question it, no right no wrong but let`s never ignore the millions that died to get us freedom of speach, sadly that is ignored as many laws passed during ummm that virus! due to clauses. i only wish for a happy future, stone me for looking into my past x"

Let’s also not ignore the millions that have died from Covid.

Free speech hasn’t been ignored. You’re free to say whatever you like, but you’ll find that others (who are also free to say what they like) will correct and challenge you when what you say is factually wrong or doesn’t make any sense.

"Ah ostrich syndrome just Bury your head back in the sand pal

Winston

Funny I don't remember you obviously your quite forgettable bland perhaps like cous cous "

Better bland than undercooked.

Winston

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

-Matt

If we just continue to let enough people catch covid that it can evolve faster than we can make vaccines, we are going to be fucked as a species."

But that is what I’m wondering… does one variant “starve” the other of food? I guess the more virulent one reaches more people first and maybe gives them enough immunity to not then get infected with the original?

-Matt

Stockport

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

-Matt

If we just continue to let enough people catch covid that it can evolve faster than we can make vaccines, we are going to be fucked as a species.

Viruses weaken with each mutation more transmissible yes but always less lethal and with the "wild" strain having a 99.98%survival rate (with no comorbiditys) the rest of the scaryiants are weaker "

Approximately zero of what you say is correct. However I don't have enough time or energy to teach you science from the very beginning. A very good start would be for you to forget every single thing you have every watched on facetube, stop listening to russian bot farms that are trying to make you kill yourself by ignoring common sense during a pandemic, and buy a few basic science texts. Maybe start with "The Labybird Book Of Simple Biology".

Question -

Answer –

He/she speaks.

-Matt

Viruses weaken with each mutation more transmissible yes but always less lethal and with the "wild" strain having a 99.98%survival rate (with no comorbiditys) the rest of the scaryiants are weaker

Approximately zero of what you say is correct. However I don't have enough time or energy to teach you science from the very beginning. A very good start would be for you to forget every single thing you have every watched on facetube, stop listening to russian bot farms that are trying to make you kill yourself by ignoring common sense during a pandemic, and buy a few basic science texts. Maybe start with "The Labybird Book Of Simple Biology"."

You'd think someone with 3 PHD's in Epidemiology, Physics and Biology would have a better understanding of the subject wouldn't you.....

Winston

"End of the day humans will be humans, some love gossip and rules, others don`t! some will just fold like a wet mars bars and say yes please jab me others will question it, no right no wrong but let`s never ignore the millions that died to get us freedom of speach, sadly that is ignored as many laws passed during ummm that virus! due to clauses. i only wish for a happy future, stone me for looking into my past x

Free speech hasn’t been ignored. You’re free to say whatever you like, but you’ll find that others (who are also free to say what they like) will correct and challenge you when what you say is factually wrong or doesn’t make any sense. "

Let us get the true figures, i have worked in funeral industry, i can say there was no influx or panic, if you rely on what your told then maybe step back and research, if you ignore the fact the people die every day, even the young/old then there is a personal issue, trust me i have lost many, but i know they have passed because they where old n frail/expected, no need to use the ummm virus here thx x

Manchester (she/her)

"End of the day humans will be humans, some love gossip and rules, others don`t! some will just fold like a wet mars bars and say yes please jab me others will question it, no right no wrong but let`s never ignore the millions that died to get us freedom of speach, sadly that is ignored as many laws passed during ummm that virus! due to clauses. i only wish for a happy future, stone me for looking into my past x

Free speech hasn’t been ignored. You’re free to say whatever you like, but you’ll find that others (who are also free to say what they like) will correct and challenge you when what you say is factually wrong or doesn’t make any sense.

Let us get the true figures, i have worked in funeral industry, i can say there was no influx or panic, if you rely on what your told then maybe step back and research, if you ignore the fact the people die every day, even the young/old then there is a personal issue, trust me i have lost many, but i know they have passed because they where old n frail/expected, no need to use the ummm virus here thx x"

That's what the ONS does, and has continued to do throughout the pandemic.

It was never really doubted by anyone, just as PPE or germ theory was never doubted by anyone. Until it became profitable for umm fraudsters and those who believe them

Covid gets through 3 jabs, it made me weak, bad headache and very bad head cold, I got it in march and still feel weak and tired out

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid gets through 3 jabs, it made me weak, bad headache and very bad head cold, I got it in march and still feel weak and tired out "

I'm sorry you're suffering and hope you feel better soon