FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Those who have had Covid

Those who have had Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Weather full on or mild cases, did it leave you muscular pain?

Covid got me last Wednesday. Had the itchy red eyes, and muscle pain all over my body, and the baddest headache ever, even worse than my worst ever migraine. Since it’s all died down, I’m coughing for “England” or should that be Scotland? It’s also triggered my asthma. But I’ve got very bad back pain at the back of my pelvis, hips & thighs.

Anyone else had similar

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iv had it twice 1st December 2020 lost my dad with it to, and may this year

"Iv had it twice 1st December 2020 lost my dad with it to, and may this year "

Sorry to hear that, but it doesn’t answer my question

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Weather full on or mild cases, did it leave you muscular pain?

Covid got me last Wednesday. Had the itchy red eyes, and muscle pain all over my body, and the baddest headache ever, even worse than my worst ever migraine. Since it’s all died down, I’m coughing for “England” or should that be Scotland? It’s also triggered my asthma. But I’ve got very bad back pain at the back of my pelvis, hips & thighs.

Anyone else had similar "

Nothing like that for me.

Cal

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Yes. I have had it. Two years ago and a second bout about a month back. Both times aching muscles and limbs. Shoulders, lower back, thighs and neck glands also affected. Nasal congestion, earache and sore throat. Just like a regular beefy Flu.

The last of my symptoms from a month back are disappearing (morning sore throat and 'blocked' ears are the last). Just like a regular Flu, takes a wee while to get flushed outta the system.

Tips. Keep drinking loads of fluids. Keep taking Paracetemol and Sudafed for the aches and congestion. Hot showers help upon rising and before bed also help enormously. Try to cut out as much alcohol as possible. Eat plenty of fruit and veg. Get loads of sleep.

By *wesomeLolaCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Had it in January. It was like a minor cold, felt a bit off-colour for about three days, fine after that. Annoyingly I continued testing positive for the entire 11 day isolation period.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Not similar to you OP but a few symptoms took around 10/12 weeks to fully go!

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Had it twice, mild fever for 48 hours, dry cough and a fair bit of fatigue/exhaustion but no sore muscles or anything. Anosmia the first time for about three months with Delta, and Parosmia for over six with Omicron. Otherwise, was fairly mild both times

By *ohnThomas1Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I am recovering from it, initially went from boiling to freezing and back again , soaked my sheets, head aches and muscle pains, sore throat but the worst of it subsided after the first night. I have just been chilling since as I am told long covid comes when you try to over do things too early. X

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Long covid usually appears a few weeks/months after. Between 1-3months. It looks like i have long covid, my symptoms are anxiety, dodgy tummy and back ache. Not everyone gets breathlessness.

My sister had covid in April 2020 and is still suffering

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 17/06/22 18:44:36]

Anyone else had similar

I am recovering from it, initially went from boiling to freezing and back again , soaked my sheets, head aches and muscle pains, sore throat but the worst of it subsided after the first night. I have just been chilling since as I am told long covid comes when you try to over do things too early. X "

The very first day from testing I had a banging headache, muscle pain from neck, shoulders, top of arms, back, pelvis, hips, thighs and ankles, could literally feel it working it’s way down, when I went to bed I was frozen, couldn’t get warm, so put on my winter blanket. Slowly the pain went but the pelvis, hips & front of thighs have remained. I also have asthma so that’s been triggered again. But weirdly I haven’t actually felt ill.

Long Covid is when the symptoms last longer than they should, but doing too much too soon never helps. I’m on regular painkillers anyway so I’ve had to double them, as can’t take likes of paracetamol

"Long covid usually appears a few weeks/months after. Between 1-3months. It looks like i have long covid, my symptoms are anxiety, dodgy tummy and back ache. Not everyone gets breathlessness.

My sister had covid in April 2020 and is still suffering "

I have a friend who has long Covid, she manages with a nap mid afternoon sometimes starting at 11am.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Yes to muscle aches sadly

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I have had hip pain since I had it but I wasn’t sure if it was menopause related.

It did leave me with water work problems though, for many weeks after, and then a water infection and I am also breathless A lot easier than I was before Covid.

My eldest (12) has also been left more breathless since having Covid (he already had asthma).

By *hors fantasyCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Motion sick for a 48 hours a headache that lasted a few days then been fine since tested lung capacity with 31 days in a row of 4 mile runs, being fit and healthy works wonders for the immune system

"Motion sick for a 48 hours a headache that lasted a few days then been fine since tested lung capacity with 31 days in a row of 4 mile runs, being fit and healthy works wonders for the immune system "

I used to be fit and healthy - not any more though

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I only suffered a bit of a snotty nose and a cough, no real issues.

My husband the same during positive testing.

A week or so later terrible joint pains especially in neck, hip, pelvic region and fingers.

Pain killers, trips to physio and loads of exercise.

Took about 2 - 3 months to ease, not fully better but, for him, exercise and getting back to work is the key to relief.

Hope you get better.

By *p4funWellyMan  over a year ago

K' town

"Iv had it twice 1st December 2020 lost my dad with it to, and may this year

Sorry to hear that, but it doesn’t answer my question "

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

What a disgusting reply.

Sorry to hear of your loss that must of been awful

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Never got it. The only one that's never got it.

By *inballs99Man  over a year ago

Blackheath

Yes was similar with me all the mentioned and turned my tummy inside out big time all better now but my joints still ache a lot !

Nope. I've had worse colds than when I had covid. I'm unvaccinated so don't know if that had an impact.

By *r-8-BBCMan  over a year ago

LONDON

I caught covid February of this year and had the worst cough for 3 months after the initialsymptomshad eased! Even now I still get a slight pain in my lower rib.

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

The worst thing for me was the cough. It hurt so bad.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I had muscle fatigue and pain; which I suffer with anyone, but it was much worse.

I also got a terrible cold and sore skin from sweating in a balled up position on the sofa.

The heavy cough took ages to go.

I have muscle pain anyway and it's not been worse since covid. The fatigue was the worst for me.

By *anilla switchWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

Speechless……

So sorry for you loss, thinking of you x

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Nope. I've had worse colds than when I had covid. I'm unvaccinated so don't know if that had an impact. "
your own immune system must have handled it better

I had it the October before the vaccine’s came out and I still suffer…I don’t take normal headaches anymore it’s still the sharp/jaggy type, I have eye sight problems, bowel problems, I can ache from head to toe, I get very tired and I still get the burning smell every now and again.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

Had the old 19 got slightly warm for an hour slight headache (gone after 2 neurofen) spent 9days and 23 hours under house arrest for nothing unvaxxed, jabbed up friend who gave it to me still suffering a month later

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

Normal influenza and COVID type symptoms so it'll pass.

C

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

We both had it Jan 2021. Janine was rough for good week with it I, Sean suffered for a month with it including a week in hospital on oxygen. Since having it I have developed hay fever and not so much pains but pins and needles in my feet and hands. Pretty sure it’s impacted on by blood circulation

Sorry to hear that, but it doesn’t answer my question

What a disgusting reply.

Sorry to hear of your loss that must of been awful "

Why is it a ‘disgusting’ reply? I did say I was sorry hear about his family & no it didn’t answer my question

[Removed by poster at 19/06/22 23:57:57]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Covid causes inflammation, so there's a mechanism that could influence the development of back pain.

I recollect that omicron has been locked to people reporting lower back pain, so it seems feasible that new pain, or resurgence of earlier problems, could follow a covid infection.

It's worth digging further into new research evidence. Hope you get to feel some relief soon OP.

"Covid causes inflammation, so there's a mechanism that could influence the development of back pain.

I recollect that omicron has been locked to people reporting lower back pain, so it seems feasible that new pain, or resurgence of earlier problems, could follow a covid infection.

It's worth digging further into new research evidence. Hope you get to feel some relief soon OP. "

Thanks. I did mention to dr, she says she’s never heard of anyone being affected by muscular pain with Covid (I don’t believe her) oh well double painkillers it is since I can’t take anything else

"I had it the October before the vaccine’s came out and I still suffer…I don’t take normal headaches anymore it’s still the sharp/jaggy type, I have eye sight problems, bowel problems, I can ache from head to toe, I get very tired and I still get the burning smell every now and again. "

That sounds awful, sorry to hear that. Do you take extra Vitamin D capsules? They might help with the fatigue

Yep have had muscle pain, breathing difficulties and general tiredness since had it. Wouldnt mind but have ti stop half way through now to take ae a breather lol

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

I'm still in pain 18 months later

By *ULL IN A CHINA SHOPMan  over a year ago

south coast

lol

By *mwirralMan  over a year ago

wirral

To be fair I hardly noticed i had it, very different experience for different people

By *aiseaneyebrowMan  over a year ago

fylde

Can’t say I experienced muscular pain.

I’d say for me it was like flu with a strange shortness or shallowness of breathing and crippling headaches

By *atesey68Man  over a year ago

audley

I had the booster on 10th December and tested positive on 17th December. Felt like shit ever since really. Fatigue, sore eyes and aches and pains. Had it again 2 weeks ago. Was worse 2nd time round. Affected my asthma much more. Really had problems breathing for a few days. Still coughing but no longer positive.

Constantly tired. Getting through the work day is tough

Had it twice, left me with nothing, and, so far as i’m aware, no one i know has had any lasting ill effects from it either.

I am negative now but I had all those

By *verAverageLaxedMaverickMan  over a year ago

London

Eat well sleep well keep hydrated and get the body working Ideally swimming when you feel capable to do so also get some moringa powder from Holland and Barrett’s the stuff works miracles hence why it’s dubbed the miracle tree don’t believe me.... do some research, once you start these things you’ll feel an improvement trust me .

I was one of the lucky ones. My case was mild enough. Coughing, snotty nose, tiredness and muscle pain all over. Wasn't right up to three weeks after. Still get chest pains four months later.

"Covid causes inflammation, so there's a mechanism that could influence the development of back pain.

It's worth digging further into new research evidence. Hope you get to feel some relief soon OP.

Thanks. I did mention to dr, she says she’s never heard of anyone being affected by muscular pain with Covid (I don’t believe her) oh well double painkillers it is since I can’t take anything else "

I hope you mean different analgesia than double dosing on one type.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Has left me with deep pain in my thighs .....

I had it last week muscle pains headache and scratchy throat.

By *ltel247Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I suffered with muscle pain for a couple of days (aches all over) but that subsided. Guess I was one of the lucky ones. Hope you feel better soon.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Had Covid last July. Have had joint pain ever since. Is only just starting to wear off.

By *ay-89Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

I had pain in my hips, lower back and my sciatica flared up. I put it down to basically spending all my time in bed or on the sofa for the almost 2 weeks and the positions I was sitting or sleeping in.

Hopefully your pain goes swiftly.

This symptom is often a feature of long covid.

Best to make an appointment with your Gp and ask them to refer you to the long covid clinic.

Thanks. I did mention to dr, she says she’s never heard of anyone being affected by muscular pain with Covid (I don’t believe her) oh well double painkillers it is since I can’t take anything else "

Sorry to say your GP is talking out of his/ her arse. I’ve seen patients in a long covid clinic who have exactly those symptoms. I’d urge you to make an appointment with a different doctor.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

I had pain in my hips, back, side, shoulder blades. It moved around, it was a pain that was sore to touch even. It gradually faded away. I was unwell for about two weeks, knackered for a few months and still can't taste or smell like I did previously and I'm a year down the line. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

Thanks. I did mention to dr, she says she’s never heard of anyone being affected by muscular pain with Covid (I don’t believe her) oh well double painkillers it is since I can’t take anything else

Sorry to say your GP is talking out of his/ her arse. I’ve seen patients in a long covid clinic who have exactly those symptoms. I’d urge you to make an appointment with a different doctor.

"

Are you a dr? Or clinician? (Am not doubting what you’re saying)

By *irtycjMan  over a year ago

weston village

Yeah had it not good when I've had a transplant but lasted a week

By *appytochatMan  over a year ago

Deep in the New Forest

Had it 2 weeks ago. No real sign of anything apart from a tickle in the throat late one night... Woke the next day with hot and cold sweats which lasted 24hrs. The rest of the week everything just felt a real effort. Wouldnt say I had any new achs or pains. But the bad back I suffer with and the bicep tendon I ruptured last year felt worse than normal.

By *asygoing65321Man  over a year ago

Derby

I felt like crap for ages. Hot and cold sweats, like flu on steroids. I had aches but they passed. The cough lasted for months though. And my sense of smell and taste are still not 100% nearly 10 months later.

By *ustauseerTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

This time 0/10. I rebuke it.

I’ve extreme photosensitivity, and there’s a burning sensation inside my nose. I have lost all of taste and smell.

Currently on day 5 of being with this thing, but I didn’t test positive until yesterday

The fever is the worst imo, but that’s because I’m burning like a plasma reactor at the best of times. Much more and I feel like I’m gonna go ’nova.

"This time 0/10. I rebuke it.

I’ve extreme photosensitivity, and there’s a burning sensation inside my nose. I have lost all of taste and smell.

Currently on day 5 of being with this thing, but I didn’t test positive until yesterday

The fever is the worst imo, but that’s because I’m burning like a plasma reactor at the best of times. Much more and I feel like I’m gonna go ’nova. "

Paracetamol for the fever (this is what paracetamol is designed to do, reduce fever, pain relief is a bonus).

The fever is the worst imo, but that’s because I’m burning like a plasma reactor at the best of times. Much more and I feel like I’m gonna go ’nova.

Paracetamol for the fever (this is what paracetamol is designed to do, reduce fever, pain relief is a bonus)."

Paracetamol is no good if you can’t take it

By *idewillyMan  over a year ago

jersey

I got covid right at the beginning took me out for four months and another 12 before i could work again it attacked my central-nervous system and muscles especially the ankles legs joints who knows when if i will ever conquer the full effect of long covid but i did get covid again not long ago and wasnt as bad as the first time so my own immune system has worked you have to fight the bugger and beat it and ride any hurdles that long covid may bring every person is different loss of appetite taste cold hot fevers dry throat the repeat cough fever can play games with you mind at beginning you can get brain fog after ive had all off this went fir a bike ride after first time to test my lungs. Went around the block Came back coughing said sod that tried again 2 months later i was no where near as bad and for a guy who rode major hundreds of miles a week for years i found out how covid had effected me it slows you down

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Yes. I got Covid for the 2nd time in Feb 2022. I have never recovered. My muscle pain is mostly in my legs. I have lots of other symptoms as well.

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

Düsseldorf Germany

I still have tinnitus and digestion issues almlost 6 months on

Paracetamol for the fever (this is what paracetamol is designed to do, reduce fever, pain relief is a bonus).

Paracetamol is no good if you can’t take it "

Talk to your pharmacist about alternative antipyretics. Ibuprofen is one but has contraindications therefore paramount you discuss with a healthcare professional.

Me and my miss had covid. I had temperature for 3 days she had for 7days thats about it

By *ocGMan  over a year ago

Leicesters

Muscle pain and weakness, stamina poor, poor sleep, occasional brain fog although that is starting to resolve after 6 months

Paracetamol is no good if you can’t take it

Talk to your pharmacist about alternative antipyretics. Ibuprofen is one but has contraindications therefore paramount you discuss with a healthcare professional. "

The only other pain relief I can take outside of my normal ones is Aspirin which does nothing for fevers

jersey

Same as me legs muscles joints from over 2 years ago arnt what they were strength

By *onandCouple  over a year ago

Cheadle

Never actually got Covid but since the third vaccine….. poorly…. Dreadful nose bleeds and then a blood clot which caused a heart attack! Doing fine now……….

"Never actually got Covid but since the third vaccine….. poorly…. Dreadful nose bleeds and then a blood clot which caused a heart attack! Doing fine now………."

Yep me too prior to Covid, actually started in Sept with CMV ill for 6 weeks, then had Covid booster in November, bronchitis in dec and feb/March, and chest infection in April/May, then Covid in June, couldn’t make it up. Swithering weather I want another booster or not?

By *ustauseerTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Paracetamol for the fever (this is what paracetamol is designed to do, reduce fever, pain relief is a bonus)."

I’m doing what needs to be done i’m just not happy about it. I loathe being ill.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I had it just over two weeks ago...sense of smell and taste still not rightand still very tired but it's been a hard few weeks so thinking it that as well

By *igBrianSWMan  over a year ago

Near WSM

Sounds very similar to my experience. I’m still finding I tire easily weeks later.

"Sounds very similar to my experience. I’m still finding I tire easily weeks later. "

Have you tried taking vitamin D?

By *ingerie whoreTV/TS  over a year ago

kirk hammerton

I had it in Oct 2020 and iv suffering with long covid fatigue joint pain and tooth loss believe it or not

By *ave4funreturnsMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Had it Jan 21, one day fine doing everything normal next day ICU and given 20% chance of making the next day.

Had a CPAP Mask strapped to me left bruises for 2 months after it was off.

Without that pure O2 pumping into me I would be dead. It cleared my lungs and that saved me from any long covid effects thankfully

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Took a year to get taste back for Beer, everything else was fine just Beer, but now I can drink Whiskey without getting d*unk, mad side affect costly too LOL

All good had 3 jabs going to get 4th, and enjoying life

Deep Breathing exercises cleaning out lungs is key to recovery.

Dave

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"Had it Jan 21, one day fine doing everything normal next day ICU and given 20% chance of making the next day.

Without that pure O2 pumping into me I would be dead. It cleared my lungs and that saved me from any long covid effects thankfully

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Took a year to get taste back for Beer, everything else was fine just Beer, but now I can drink Whiskey without getting d*unk, mad side affect costly too LOL

Dave"

Jabbed before or after the hospital visit?

"Had it Jan 21, one day fine doing everything normal next day ICU and given 20% chance of making the next day.

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Dave"

By *rijj73Man  over a year ago

croydon

Ached all over

I had it. Very mild symptoms. Sightly sore throat for 1 day and a phlegmy cough for 2 weeks. Im not vaccinated. By all accounts I should be dead. Yet here I am.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’m having more issues with knees, hips and shoulders since having covid.

"I had it. Very mild symptoms. Sightly sore throat for 1 day and a phlegmy cough for 2 weeks. Im not vaccinated. By all accounts I should be dead. Yet here I am. "

Why should you be dead? You got a virus with a low fatality rating and your immune system fought it off.

I had it and nearly died…still suffering 10 months on. I was vaccinated twice when I had it but I’m also incredibly vulnerable hence why I ended up like that

By *ave4funreturnsMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Dave

Jabbed before or after the hospital visit? "

After hospital and I have No Underlying conditions and saw people suffering that still haunt me including a 35 year old who didn't make it.

Those that think it's cold, well it is now, but first year it was stronger and killed people

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Had it twice; most recently three weeks ago.

Thankfully, my ability to taste my food is gradually returning!

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Dave

After hospital and I have No Underlying conditions and saw people suffering that still haunt me including a 35 year old who didn't make it.

Those that think it's cold, well it is now, but first year it was stronger and killed people "

That’s such a shame, seeing all that suffering, people dying, that’ll never leave you, must be hard to see that all while trying to fight for your own life. I know there’s ‘naysayers’ out there, I ‘knew’ one guy who refused to believe the hype, he has COPD himself, never wore any masks, refused to believe it was anything more than just another strain of flu, (maybe it effectively is, buts it’s a very new strain that even now no one knows exactly how it’s going to go in the future) I reckon if I’d had it in the beginning it could have taken me down quite seriously, may not have killed me, but I believe I’d be a lot worse than I am now because I managed to avoid it.

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Dave

Those that think it's cold, well it is now, but first year it was stronger and killed people

That’s such a shame, seeing all that suffering, people dying, that’ll never leave you, must be hard to see that all while trying to fight for your own life. I know there’s ‘naysayers’ out there, I ‘knew’ one guy who refused to believe the hype, he has COPD himself, never wore any masks, refused to believe it was anything more than just another strain of flu, (maybe it effectively is, buts it’s a very new strain that even now no one knows exactly how it’s going to go in the future) I reckon if I’d had it in the beginning it could have taken me down quite seriously, may not have killed me, but I believe I’d be a lot worse than I am now because I managed to avoid it. "

It's likened to the flu (as are colds) but isn't a flu virus. Corona viruses do cause colds and it appears this virus is heading that way since mutations are causing increased transmissibility and decreased severity. This was foretold by virologists in the early days. That doesn't mean it won't cause future fatalities just much fewer.

[Removed by poster at 26/06/22 01:40:59]

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Yes aching bones and body unable to sleep some nights

jersey

I have it at moment 10 days inn 2nd time around its bad every symptom from the list near enough as long as im not back to square one again with long covid ill cope and no im not jabbed my own defence thought off the first time i caught it and is doing the same this time...just wish people would stop Being so complacent about covid and the simple things like use hand sanitiser its going to kick off big time again and faster glastonbury and the festivals

"I have it at moment 10 days inn 2nd time around its bad every symptom from the list near enough as long as im not back to square one again with long covid ill cope and no im not jabbed my own defence thought off the first time i caught it and is doing the same this time...just wish people would stop Being so complacent about covid and the simple things like use hand sanitiser its going to kick off big time again and faster glastonbury and the festivals "

You have it a second time and you’re 10 days in? I had it as it says at the top, that was 2weeks ago now, I was better after 5 days, you’re on day 10… I’d say your immune system isn’t coping that well if you’re still ill. If you have already had long Covid, I’d reckon there’s a good chance you’ll get long Covid again. Be a better idea to have the vaccines than trust your weakened immune system unless you’re taking supplements to back up your immune system?

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Dave

That’s such a shame, seeing all that suffering, people dying, that’ll never leave you, must be hard to see that all while trying to fight for your own life. I know there’s ‘naysayers’ out there, I ‘knew’ one guy who refused to believe the hype, he has COPD himself, never wore any masks, refused to believe it was anything more than just another strain of flu, (maybe it effectively is, buts it’s a very new strain that even now no one knows exactly how it’s going to go in the future) I reckon if I’d had it in the beginning it could have taken me down quite seriously, may not have killed me, but I believe I’d be a lot worse than I am now because I managed to avoid it.

It's likened to the flu (as are colds) but isn't a flu virus. Corona viruses do cause colds and it appears this virus is heading that way since mutations are causing increased transmissibility and decreased severity. This was foretold by virologists in the early days. That doesn't mean it won't cause future fatalities just much fewer. "

No it’s not a “flu virus” it’s a brand new virus hence no one knows how it’s going to play out

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Dave

It's likened to the flu (as are colds) but isn't a flu virus. Corona viruses do cause colds and it appears this virus is heading that way since mutations are causing increased transmissibility and decreased severity. This was foretold by virologists in the early days. That doesn't mean it won't cause future fatalities just much fewer.

No it’s not a “flu virus” it’s a brand new virus hence no one knows how it’s going to play out"

I'll trust the virologists in this.

By *oobaaMan  over a year ago

South Shields

Had covid 3 times, and have the symptoms of long covid.

had some tests done and i was told the virus hits any weak spots in the body like organs or muscular.

i find that iam knackered most of the time. sometimes have headaches, struggle to sleep.Have a really bad stomach for a day then flu symptoms for a couple of days after.

My lung capacity has dropped and walking is ok at short distances...thank god for Gin

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I had different symptoms prominently on different days.

First day was high temperature with slight aches, second day was quite bad joint aches and fatigue but no temperature, third day the cough kicked in but zero aches. Since then (just over a week) I’ve had a phlegmy cough but hayfever won’t have helped that.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

All had it twice here.

First time was between jabs 2 and 3 and the last time was when fully vaccinated.

Second time was worse than the first and still haven't fully recovered sense of taste or smell and various other issues.

One strange thing is at each time the injection jab site seemed to flair up as if being attacked?

Had it once recently. No aching muscles. High temperature and headache for a couple of days were my symptoms.

Lost 3 stone in 10 days,

Dave

No it’s not a “flu virus” it’s a brand new virus hence no one knows how it’s going to play out

I'll trust the virologists in this. "

I was agreeing with you! FFS!

"All had it twice here.

First time was between jabs 2 and 3 and the last time was when fully vaccinated.

Second time was worse than the first and still haven't fully recovered sense of taste or smell and various other issues.

One strange thing is at each time the injection jab site seemed to flair up as if being attacked?"

Probably just a mild reaction for the jab. I didn’t have any reactions to the first two vaccines (both AZ) the booster was Pfizer and had a reaction that went down my arm, over my shoulder and half my chest! All very red and itchy, I’ll no be having Pfizer again!

Symptoms of Covid, I had the headache, aching muscles, cough, but kept my sense of smell & taste. But it was a mild dose, maybe that makes a difference?

jersey

Nope ill-stick with my own body system jabs dont work i know people jabbed so many time and still get it....so that says a lot...10 years go by thats probably 50 jabs a person by then

"Had covid 3 times, and have the symptoms of long covid.

had some tests done and i was told the virus hits any weak spots in the body like organs or muscular.

i find that iam knackered most of the time. sometimes have headaches, struggle to sleep.Have a really bad stomach for a day then flu symptoms for a couple of days after.

My lung capacity has dropped and walking is ok at short distances...thank god for Gin

"

Do you take vitamin D? That will help with fatigue & sleep

"Nope ill-stick with my own body system jabs dont work i know people jabbed so many time and still get it....so that says a lot...10 years go by thats probably 50 jabs a person by then"

You do realise that no body ever said that having the vaccines won’t stop anyone from getting Covid? The vaccines stop you from getting it so badly that you’d possibly end up in hospital on machines & oxygen. My sister had Covid last year, no vaccines she ended up in hospital on oxygen for a week. I had it 2 weeks ago, I’ve been jabbed, I have asthma, yes it triggered my asthma, but I still didn’t have to go into hospital. That, says a lot.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Had ot twice now. 1st time was a head cold and flu like symptoms lasted about 3 days then was back to normal.

Second time around I had no symptoms but had a positive antigen test followed by positive PCR test.

By *-spotterMan  over a year ago

London

Caught Covid 19, in hospital, before the first lockdown in March 2020.

I still have muscle pain, breathlessness, regular severe backache.

Have recently been diagnosed with Myositis (Progressive muscle weakness), not yet sure if due to Covid.

Defientely don't want to catch it again.

By *oobaaMan  over a year ago

South Shields

"Had covid 3 times, and have the symptoms of long covid.

Do you take vitamin D? That will help with fatigue & sleep "

I take vit D but so far havent felt any benefit from it...a friend has made up some oils to help sleep and they work quite well at the moment

By *ralbiswMan  over a year ago

Farnborough

Yep. Both times, everything ached. Just like really bad flu!!

Joints, muscles were really bad and this last time, really intense headache above left ear!

I do suffer with arthritis though so maybe that exacerbated the aches and pains. Just not a nice experience and left me bedded down for a week both times.

Learned first time round not to overdo it too early once negative.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Yeah it causes inflammation so all my little injuries played merry hell for a while.

By *lim runnerMan  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

Just having covid for the 3rd time …. If only the lottery were this easy to win

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Not had any of the symptoms that others have posted here. Caught it earlier this year and was very tired, but not what I would call fatigued. Just like I needed a good nights sleep. But I did have a violent sore throat! It may have been where the tiredness came from for not being able to sleep properly.

My son has had it four times, worse than me. I say four, but that makes the government timeline a lie! He had something that produced the same symptoms as when he was tested for Covid in May 2020, but it was in Early December 2019. He has suffered the same symptoms all four times. Even hospital for breathing problems on the first one!

The lovely Innuendo had it just after me and just had a bit of a cough, slight sore throat, but otherwise OK. We are all now triple jabbed. Anyone whi isn't, in my opinion is playing with fire.

By *llan55Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Caught it in March but just felt like I had a heavy cold , think it was the Omicron variant I had so might have been reason it was mild

jersey

Day 11 and im testing negative at last Whey still got a tickle throat and fatigue And lack of taste smell but my immune system has worked again and sorted it....one thing i did different this time was i took no paracetamol to see if it made any difference but then last time i had it months so cant say

By *omcumdumperMan  over a year ago

Chippenham

Have covid for the first time, caught at Glastonbury Festival this weekend. Kind of inevitable I guess.

Triple jabbed. Symptoms like a flu: sore throat, aching joints, fatigue, etc.

Been improving the last 2 days so I'm now looking after the rest of the family who also caught it. Lucky me

"Day 11 and im testing negative at last Whey still got a tickle throat and fatigue And lack of taste smell but my immune system has worked again and sorted it....one thing i did different this time was i took no paracetamol to see if it made any difference but then last time i had it months so cant say "

You know it’s entirely your choice if you want the vaccine or not, and you’ve chosen not too, but the fact you’re finally testing negative at day 11, says a lot. I was testing negative on day 7. At 2 weeks I felt loads better - aside from the back pain, but double painkillers are helping that. 4 weeks on I’m feel fine. Cough is going, breathing is back to normal (asthma) as for lack of taste, that didn’t happen with me.

Also you have to remember not everyone’s immune system is healthy, and it’s these people who need the vaccines, even if they don’t last as long as was first thought, any protection for these people is a life saver, but that doesn’t mean these people won’t get Covid, or even die from it. But every time you have Covid, it’s weakening your immune system not strengthening it.

jersey

Everyone is different there are no set rules id say first time 4 months second time Maybe 3rd lasted less than two weeks so no its not worst.....iim not anti vax i just choose not to and let by body sort it which it has done not some lab chemicals that you need to keep taking for rest of your life thats anyone else's choice Which i respect

» Add a new message to this topic