FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Time to remove this Virus forum?

Time to remove this Virus forum?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know I can simply ignore this particular forum topic, and for the most part I do even though it's impossible not to see the different post titles anytime I come to the forum for all the other infinitely more fun, entertaining topics. This continued virus talk definitely isn't a fun topic although, many do still desperately try to find humour in it.

Fablluminati, the powers that be, can we please get rid of it and get back to being Fabulous?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't think many topics that come up on the forum are fun, but it's an outlet for people.

Who determines what is and is not fabulous as a topic?

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

It'll just move to the lounge if this forum is closed.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

If you want fun, the virus forum is not for you.

But it is funny watching the posts go down a rabbit hole of vitriol, bitching and pure nastiness.

Its a dip in, can't take any more, move to the more pleasant topics like meets and holidays.

If you closed it, like a virus it will spread and infect other more light hearted topics.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Look at the - repetitive - posts suggesting this OP and the reasons given for keeping it. It's separate for fairly good reasons and helps everyone.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I know I can simply ignore this particular forum topic, "

Then why not just simply ignore it?

"If you want fun, the virus forum is not for you.

But it is funny watching the posts go down a rabbit hole of vitriol, bitching and pure nastiness.

Its a dip in, can't take any more, move to the more pleasant topics like meets and holidays.

If you closed it, like a virus it will spread and infect other more light hearted topics. "

That's an interesting take on it, I never thought of it like that, well worded.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I know I can simply ignore this particular forum topic"

This is true

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Simple reason the virus isn't completely over.

And China cases seem to be rising again

Folk in UK still in hospital or not but have symptoms....

It's so easily to ignore any post by anyone

By *queakyclean69erCouple  over a year ago

Torquay / Fleet

"I know I can simply ignore this particular forum topic, and for the most part I do even though it's impossible not to see the different post titles anytime I come to the forum for all the other infinitely more fun, entertaining topics. This continued virus talk definitely isn't a fun topic although, many do still desperately try to find humour in it.

Fablluminati, the powers that be, can we please get rid of it and get back to being Fabulous?"

In all honesty the political forum isn’t that sexy either

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

In all honesty the political forum isn’t that sexy either "

Sometimes it is scary too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

YES PLEASE!

Enough misery for one lifetime, thanks.

It basically an offshoot of the politics forum, where everyone has a fixed position and if you don’t share their position then you’re an idiot. It’s not terribly friendly or fab-esque, IMHO.

By *litlicker77Man  over a year ago

Dirty old town

If not removed I think it should be moved further down the listings

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

At least it’s more relevant than the endless “fab the person above” “what’s your favourite day of the week” “say hi if you like custard and know someone called Trevor” type posts.

Manchester (she/her)

"At least it’s more relevant than the endless “fab the person above” “what’s your favourite day of the week” “say hi if you like custard and know someone called Trevor” type posts. "

But what if I do like custard, someone called Trevor, and maybe even custard on Trevor?

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

"At least it’s more relevant than the endless “fab the person above” “what’s your favourite day of the week” “say hi if you like custard and know someone called Trevor” type posts.

But what if I do like custard, someone called Trevor, and maybe even custard on Trevor? "

Then you need to say 10 hail Mary’s and wink at the person 3 places above

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

BIDEFORD

Yes remove it, if anyone wants info on this they just need to watch the bbc or look on the gov website. No need to think for yourselves anymore.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"I know I can simply ignore this particular forum topic, and for the most part I do even though it's impossible not to see the different post titles anytime I come to the forum for all the other infinitely more fun, entertaining topics. This continued virus talk definitely isn't a fun topic although, many do still desperately try to find humour in it.

Fablluminati, the powers that be, can we please get rid of it and get back to being Fabulous?"

Do what I do with forums that I'm not interested in reading.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"At least it’s more relevant than the endless “fab the person above” “what’s your favourite day of the week” “say hi if you like custard and know someone called Trevor” type posts.

But what if I do like custard, someone called Trevor, and maybe even custard on Trevor?

Then you need to say 10 hail Mary’s and wink at the person 3 places above "

Kinky

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I find this sub-forum really useful. It's a fascinating window into the world of a type of person that just doesn't exist in my real life.

People's attitudes to the pandemic are informative, to say the least.

"It basically an offshoot of the politics forum, where everyone has a fixed position and if you don’t share their position then you’re an idiot. It’s not terribly friendly or fab-esque, IMHO. "

I absolutely agree although not many agree with us, it seems we are in the minority on this one.

"I know I can simply ignore this particular forum topic,

Then why not just simply ignore it?"

Believe me I try and mostly succeed but every time I open the forum I do see another polarising Virus post, there's no way to completely block It out.

Given that there's no current pandemic but, there are plenty of other things to be aware of in the world, is fab the place to discuss them or is it a possible escape from the mundanity of life?

What next a topic on veganism or global warming?

So many of you are resistant though, it seems misery loves company.

Manchester (she/her)

Believe me I try and mostly succeed but every time I open the forum I do see another polarising Virus post, there's no way to completely block It out.

Given that there's no current pandemic but, there are plenty of other things to be aware of in the world, is fab the place to discuss them or is it a possible escape from the mundanity of life?

So many of you are resistant though, it seems misery loves company."

There are two ongoing pandemics, if I'm not mistaken.

HIV and Covid.

The fact that neither are supposed to be important to hoi polloi doesn't change the facts

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Fab has many rooms, some appeal to some and others don't..

And vice versa etc..

Whenever such threads as this come along I do wonder if the proposers of such silliness actually give thought before they press post ..

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Do you go into the camping forum OP?

By *queakyclean69erCouple  over a year ago

Torquay / Fleet

"

In all honesty the political forum isn’t that sexy either

Sometimes it is scary too "

Completely agree

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

So many of you are resistant though, it seems misery loves company."

But veganism and global warming are discussed on here, I'm not sure the point you are making

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Fablluminati, the powers that be, can we please get rid of it and get back to being Fabulous?

Do you go into the camping forum OP?"

Ooooh, proper Carry On in there......

Winston

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Does the same apply to the politics section? That topic is most definitely deemed divisive and not what anyone I know could feel was funny or light-hearted

Manchester (she/her)

So many of you are resistant though, it seems misery loves company.

But veganism and global warming are discussed on here, I'm not sure the point you are making "

Often get the same calibre of commentary too

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

This section should stay for all the many reasons stated in this and the countless other threads on this topic.

However. I would suggest renaming it now to “Health and Wellbeing” to encourage discussion around a wide range of topics, including Covid.

[Removed by poster at 26/01/23 08:19:55]

"This section should stay for all the many reasons stated in this and the countless other threads on this topic.

However. I would suggest renaming it now to “Health and Wellbeing” to encourage discussion around a wide range of topics, including Covid."

With some consideration I tend to agree, that's a good suggestion too, Health and Wellbeing could be an even more useful thread, as someone else suggested too, this topic could be pushed further down where politics is for example. I'm not against debate, I just find this one a little intrusive and polarising when I come to the forum.

Thank you for being thoughtful and not dismissive, some of the replies on here have been extremely condescending and patronising.

ETA of the next pandemic is circa 2025 so no point packing the virus forum away.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I'm not against debate, I just find this one a little intrusive and polarising when I come to the forum.

"

Any forum section is easily avoided. Even if it wasn't here Covid would still be discussed but it will fall into other sections. ( it isn't over yet, 824 people died of Covid last week )

Some subjects you have discussed might not be everyones cup of tea but people can just ignore if it doesn't suit them

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok can people stop attacking others for talking in this section. If you don't want to read peoples comments then don't enter the section and find something you are interested in on the many other sections.

( posts removed )