FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Don't rule out a lab leak

Don't rule out a lab leak

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 47 weeks ago

Peterborough

Don't rule out a lab leak says top Chinese scientist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65708746

Don't worry it's not a conspiracy theory. Simply a scientist saying keep an open mind.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etro1940sCouple 47 weeks ago

Kingston upon Thames

When totalitarian governments act as they do there is no surprise. A lab leak is a viable set of reasoning ... it was the conduct of the PRC and its reckless repressive attitude to freedom, liberties and the individual that makes us more anti the regime than ever.

By *ox1 red leaderMan 47 weeks ago

farnham

"When totalitarian governments act as they do there is no surprise. A lab leak is a viable set of reasoning ... it was the conduct of the PRC and its reckless repressive attitude to freedom, liberties and the individual that makes us more anti the regime than ever. "

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

"

Don't worry it's not a conspiracy theory. Simply a scientist saying keep an open mind."

I heard this yesterday and thought the same.

Does anyone else remember the good old days when people were able to say "I'm not 100% certain yet so I need to find out more before giving my opinion"

By *hagTonightMan 47 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It was said that it was a lab leak along time ago and I thought at the same time that it most likely was that too.

By *irldnCouple 47 weeks ago

Brighton

Go back to 2020 and whenever anyone posited a potential lab leak theory they were jumped on and branded a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. A lab leak was always getting conflated with bio weapon or deliberate lab leak and all rational thought fell out of the window.

There were too many coincidences to rule out an accidental lab leak due to poor bio-hazard protocols. Even the WHO investigation, which was very highly compromised by the actions of the Chinese Govt, did not rule out a lab leak. Instead they very carefully worded their findings.

I maintain it was an accidental lab leak.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Central

Keep an open mind. Though we should expect that there's a very high potential for infections to spillover from the natural world to us, partly due to our disrespect for it and aggressive intrusion into it.

By *zael ElohimMan 47 weeks ago

Scarborough

Accidental lab leaks happen all the time. Normally they don't cause a global pandemic but anyone who lives near Porton Down can remember the odd break out here and there.

The conspiracy is not the theory it is the cover up.

By *orset.JMan 47 weeks ago

Weymouth

Wouldn’t rule in or out a lab leak but most sources of pandemics take 5-10 years to validate- even the source of Mers is still debated.

It’s a distraction - finding new therapeutics against it is more important

Weymouth

"Keep an open mind. Though we should expect that there's a very high potential for infections to spillover from the natural world to us, partly due to our disrespect for it and aggressive intrusion into it. "

Estimated 50K coronavirus ( like Covid) zoonotic events in China every year - it’s when not if the next pandemic occurs

By *ools and the brainCouple 47 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"When totalitarian governments act as they do there is no surprise. A lab leak is a viable set of reasoning ... it was the conduct of the PRC and its reckless repressive attitude to freedom, liberties and the individual that makes us more anti the regime than ever. "

You sound like citizen Smith.

Playing devil’s advocate here…does it matter that it’s anyone fault? Doesn’t change what’s happened. Doesn’t prevent it happening again. Humans make mistakes and the planet is good at protecting itself by any means possible when human population gets too much. Ask yourself why have there been pandemics roughly every 100 years?

"Keep an open mind. Though we should expect that there's a very high potential for infections to spillover from the natural world to us, partly due to our disrespect for it and aggressive intrusion into it. "

Yes I think of it as the planet’s own immune system working x

By *irldnCouple 47 weeks ago

Brighton

"Playing devil’s advocate here…does it matter that it’s anyone fault? Doesn’t change what’s happened. Doesn’t prevent it happening again. Humans make mistakes and the planet is good at protecting itself by any means possible when human population gets too much. Ask yourself why have there been pandemics roughly every 100 years?"

Actually it did matter but is academic now as it is in the past. If China had been more open and shared knowledge/data it could have prevented a lot of death and suffering. But that would have required the Chinese govt losing face which is culturally very difficult.

Peterborough

Peterborough

"Playing devil’s advocate here…does it matter that it’s anyone fault? Doesn’t change what’s happened. Doesn’t prevent it happening again. Humans make mistakes and the planet is good at protecting itself by any means possible when human population gets too much. Ask yourself why have there been pandemics roughly every 100 years?"

Yeah, if you discount the ones in between

By *oungpainterMan 47 weeks ago

sudbury

You know corona virus was first discovered in 1965, and was deemed to not be treated by a vaccine because it was to fast mutating that it escapes the vaccine impulse, because it modifys to quickly for vaccines to be effective that was the published science in 1990

We engineered Covid, just like we engineered sars, why I don’t know, but they made a lot of money

sudbury

They also experimented with it in the 70s I believe and the two problem areas they had was in dogs and pigs it created gastro issues it too phizer till 1990 to discover the first spike proteins the same spike proteins hey knew nothing about this time lol, it’s all a money thing it’s not Jesus or the earth fightihh my back it’s just humans, greed and control

By *inkyguyUKMan 47 weeks ago

paphos

[Removed by poster at 31/05/23 21:49:41]

By *inkyguyUKMan 47 weeks ago

paphos

The same can be said for aids, every country is seeking both ways to harbour germs in a war and also locate possible germs to come up with medication incase it entered the general populus. So could have jumped from a bird to a human or geneticly modified in a lab. But remember making viruses for the purpose of using them in a weapon is only useful if: a the people releasing it has a vaccine or b: it's not transmittable person to person. Now remember even to today China does not have its own COVID vaccine so if it was purposeful it is a huge shot in the foot. My humble opinion it probably a lab leak, but it has affected the country that had the accident far more than the rest of us

By *mp411Man 47 weeks ago

chester

What if it was released intentionally? Made in a lab to be very transmissible but just deadly enough to kill some of the most vulnerable (elderly,co morbidity’s) hyped up by a paid for press ,complicit governments all working in lockstep (strange how most threw away their own pandemic preparedness response) and crashed their economies….sounds far fetched I know but you have to admit it’s possible who knows what is planned behind closed doors

Weymouth

"They also experimented with it in the 70s I believe and the two problem areas they had was in dogs and pigs it created gastro issues it too phizer till 1990 to discover the first spike proteins the same spike proteins hey knew nothing about this time lol, it’s all a money thing it’s not Jesus or the earth fightihh my back it’s just humans, greed and control "

Every mammalian species has had coronavirus strains for literally hundreds of years. The common cold most likely came from Bovine coronavirus in the late19th century.

Coronavirus’s are not a sudden thing and we are finding out more every day such as the horse shoe bats in this country have Coronaviruses which have zoonotic potential.

By *idnight RamblerMan 47 weeks ago

Pershore

I listened to the interview, and all he seemed to say was "never rule out anything in science". No more, no less. This story has been wilfully misrepresented by our media (again).

Peterborough

"I listened to the interview, and all he seemed to say was "never rule out anything in science". No more, no less. This story has been wilfully misrepresented by our media (again)."

Hence my OP last sentence.

By *otsossieMan 47 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

Lab leak has always seemed more plausible than jumping from bats to pangolins to people all of a sudden.

I’m not a huge fan of coincidence, and the presence of a lab studying covid in the town where the outbreak seemingly started does not sit well with me.

By *irty_DeedsMan 47 weeks ago

Teesside

Lab leak was always a valid theory despite anyone touting it being labelled a tin foil hat wearing loon.

A lab in the area with a history of safety concerns that works with coronaviruses. Nah, it was the bats, clearly.

It only becomes tinfoil when it ventures into the it was a weapon, purposely released etc

Weymouth

"Lab leak has always seemed more plausible than jumping from bats to pangolins to people all of a sudden.

I’m not a huge fan of coincidence, and the presence of a lab studying covid in the town where the outbreak seemingly started does not sit well with me. "

SARS 1 had an intermediate host( civets) between bat and humans. There was illegal wildlife trading in the market where potential intermediate hosts such as raccoon dogs were present.

It took over 10 years to find the link between Civets and SARS 1.

Unfortunately because of the illegal trade and obfuscation by the Chinese government- there has been barely any testing of these potential intermediate hosts.

Illegal wildlife trading is worth £20 Bn a year in China and about one million people are reportedly involved.

Not ruling out a lab leak but illegal trading is equally a very dangerous risk for future outbreaks

By *iss SinWoman 47 weeks ago

portchester

I think it was a lab leak but as part of a weird experiment

sudbury

"Lab leak has always seemed more plausible than jumping from bats to pangolins to people all of a sudden.

I’m not a huge fan of coincidence, and the presence of a lab studying covid in the town where the outbreak seemingly started does not sit well with me.

SARS 1 had an intermediate host( civets) between bat and humans. There was illegal wildlife trading in the market where potential intermediate hosts such as raccoon dogs were present.

Unfortunately because of the illegal trade and obfuscation by the Chinese government- there has been barely any testing of these potential intermediate hosts.

Illegal wildlife trading is worth £20 Bn a year in China and about one million people are reportedly involved.

Not ruling out a lab leak but illegal trading is equally a very dangerous risk for future outbreaks "

SARS was manufactured in a lab there is no SARS in the natural world just the common cold, we engineered it

Peterborough

Not ruling out a lab leak but illegal trading is equally a very dangerous risk for future outbreaks

SARS was manufactured in a lab there is no SARS in the natural world just the common cold, we engineered it "

Do tell.

By *irty_DeedsMan 47 weeks ago

Teesside

SARS was manufactured in a lab there is no SARS in the natural world just the common cold, we engineered it "

There is no "common cold" it's a collection of different viruses that cause similar symptoms. So please tell me how it was created?

Peterborough

SARS was manufactured in a lab there is no SARS in the natural world just the common cold, we engineered it There is no "common cold" it's a collection of different viruses that cause similar symptoms. So please tell me how it was created?"

I was asking how SARS was engineered. So are you saying the "common cold" is engineered?

The "common cold" isn't a collection of viruses but caused by a variety of viruses. To elaborate one cold will be caused by a Corona virus, another by rhinoviruses and so on.

By *illDoXXXMan 47 weeks ago

Preston

Ok, a long shot but I wonder if it was confirmed to be a lab leak and this was proven to be because of something the government controlled lab was doing incorrect ie, not following guidelines, if a nation, or individual, could sue China for damages?? That would be the court case to end all court cases!

By *ophieslutTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Central

"Ok, a long shot but I wonder if it was confirmed to be a lab leak and this was proven to be because of something the government controlled lab was doing incorrect ie, not following guidelines, if a nation, or individual, could sue China for damages?? That would be the court case to end all court cases! "

I'm guessing that a state apparatus such as China has, won't ever provide the details to prove such a thing. And the best of luck, if you were to try to take them to court

It's better to use energy to move on and to better prepare for the next risks and pandemics.

By *omoxfordMan 47 weeks ago

leeds

I can't remember exactly what is called but there's a video on you tube called something like inside covid death labs

The bat that supposedly carried covid lives miles away an they go to their caves capture them an bring them to the lab to do experiments on them

I shared it on fb an it got removed instantly last time I looked it was still on you tube

By *irldnCouple 45 weeks ago

Brighton

Nobody talking about the article in The Sunday Times that is also extracted in The Sun Online?

By *entleman kinksterMan 45 weeks ago

london

"Nobody talking about the article in The Sunday Times that is also extracted in The Sun Online?"

read the article. never believed the wet market story. the epicentre was a town with a lab conducting experiments with sars virus.

bio chemical weapons/ chinese military special ops. far more plausible

By *ifeforelivingMan 45 weeks ago

teesside

Jesus christ have you lot ever thought about getting out an living a little instead of thinking up bullshit to why the world is so bad and how its someone's fault in the words of someone life finds a way might be jurassic park lol

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 45 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Nobody talking about the article in The Sunday Times that is also extracted in The Sun Online?"

Title of article?

By *orset.JMan 45 weeks ago

Weymouth

It’s generally accepted SARS(1) came from bats through an intermediate host- civets. There are literally hundreds of Coronaviruses in bats with pandemic potential- even the horse shoe bats in the UK have coronavirus with pandemic potential

By *apybarasCouple 45 weeks ago

Harwich

The US intelligence community released a statement along the lines of "on balance it was probably zoonotic, but we can't find enough evidence either way".

By *hironMan 43 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

About sums it up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJoi4hGpqa8

By *ewhere202230Man 43 weeks ago

H Town

The MOD has labs in England that still have smallpox and the plague virus, it’s possible that the Chinese are just not as. Cautious about these things as we are lol

By *woinoneMan 43 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Within months of the emergence of covid19 it was known that the WIV, (which holds the world's largest coronavirus collection) was conducting 'risky' coronavirus experiments on mice with humanised lung tissue.

As part of the experiements, mice were purposely infected with coronaviruses that had novel, artificially inserted furin cleavage sites. Making novel viruses that were highly pathogenic in humans.

As soon as all this was confirmed (early 2020), if you still thought the virus spilt over naturally in a city 1000's of miles away from bats you just might be wrong.

The vaccines are ineffective partly because they are built on a lie (ie that the virus is just another naturally occurring virus). You can't solve a problem if you don't know or won't admit what the source of the problem is.

That the psyop to get the masses to believe that this was something that came from a wet market (there are tens of thousands of these in China, yet it just so happens to emerge in Wuhan) was truly impressive. The psyop was conducted for many reasons, 2 of which are 1. because the US government was part funding the research and US academics were heavily involved. 2. Modern western capitalism is built on a foundation of Chinese labour/productivity. Without China there's basically nothing in the shops and no profit for corporations.

I say all this knowing I could be wrong. But I would bet my house on it. I lived in China for 3 years, and strangely there's not a single person from my time there that believes it came from a bat or a racoon dog from a wet market in Wuhan.

My 2 cents.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 43 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Within months of the emergence of covid19 it was known that the WIV, (which holds the world's largest coronavirus collection) was conducting 'risky' coronavirus experiments on mice with humanised lung tissue.

As part of the experiements, mice were purposely infected with coronaviruses that had novel, artificially inserted furin cleavage sites. Making novel viruses that were highly pathogenic in humans.

As soon as all this was confirmed (early 2020), if you still thought the virus spilt over naturally in a city 1000's of miles away from bats you just might be wrong.

The vaccines are ineffective partly because they are built on a lie (ie that the virus is just another naturally occurring virus). You can't solve a problem if you don't know or won't admit what the source of the problem is.

That the psyop to get the masses to believe that this was something that came from a wet market (there are tens of thousands of these in China, yet it just so happens to emerge in Wuhan) was truly impressive. The psyop was conducted for many reasons, 2 of which are 1. because the US government was part funding the research and US academics were heavily involved. 2. Modern western capitalism is built on a foundation of Chinese labour/productivity. Without China there's basically nothing in the shops and no profit for corporations.

I say all this knowing I could be wrong. But I would bet my house on it. I lived in China for 3 years, and strangely there's not a single person from my time there that believes it came from a bat or a racoon dog from a wet market in Wuhan.

My 2 cents.

"

If the virus had been manipulated, it was still discovered as a Corona virus that found its way into the population and, as you stated, pathogenic (disease causing). On the basis of this discovery the vaccines were formulated.

So I raise your two cents worth to my two pence worth

Leamington Spa

"If the virus had been manipulated, it was still discovered as a Corona virus that found its way into the population and, as you stated, pathogenic (disease causing). On the basis of this discovery the vaccines were formulated.So I raise your two cents worth to my two pence worth "

There's no "If the virus had been manipulated....." The virus WAS manipulated. Did you see the video on my previous post?

Labelling the poison that was injected in to so many a vaccine, is wholly inaccurate. The stuff barely had any vaccine properties if you go by the dictionary term.

The crap wasn't supposed to work.

Classic example of problem, reaction, solution. A highly effective coercive psychological technique where the majority of the target demographic will take the bait hook, line and sinker. In this case, they lapped it up and begged for more, many still are.

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ? Michael Ellner

By *mp411Man 43 weeks ago

chester

Not ruling out a lab leak but illegal trading is equally a very dangerous risk for future outbreaks "

China and many other countries have had wet markets for thousands of years with the same animals but no viruses before?

By *ophieslutTV/TS 43 weeks ago

Central

China and many other countries have had wet markets for thousands of years with the same animals but no viruses before? "

There have of course been many jumps of viruses from animals to humans, throughout our history, likely including in China.

Lifestyles have changed significantly over our few hundred thousand years of existence. Small nomadic tribes could have been wiped out and not infected others, amongst the possibilities that arose.

Our population levels were significantly smaller in the past. Whilst we travelled, it wasn't to the extent that modern humans do.

It's also not that simple for us to acquire cross-over infections. There are perhaps towards a million viruses existing in animals that could yet infect us. We'd have to be exposed to sufficient volumes of virus material and it would need to be able to infect us, evading our immune responses. Then it would have to be able to replicate inside of our cells, leading us to go on and infect others.

It's probable that we've had contact with them, they've perhaps not really made us very ill or weren't very infectious, so reached a dead end.

Many of our Illnesses have come via animals though.

What makes things potentially much worse today, is the greater extent of our intrusion into populations of animals that harbour large quantities of viruses etc, that gain higher levels of contact with humans, than at any point in our species' history, at great volume and frequency.

We're likely to get many more zoonotic infections hitting us, as our population and behaviours are now markedly different from the past and we appear somewhat stupid and reluctant to learn.

By *apybarasCouple 43 weeks ago

Harwich

China and many other countries have had wet markets for thousands of years with the same animals but no viruses before?

"

There have been plenty of viruses before, including corona viruses. They've been around for centuries.

The problem with our modern world is that our populate is much bigger, and we all live closer together. Travel between countries is constant meaning any virus that gets a foothold can spread rapidly.

Fortunately, it takes a few rare things to happen together for this to turn into a pandemic.

Leamington Spa

"Fortunately, it takes a few rare things to happen together for this to turn into a pandemic."

American funded gain of function research in labs in other countries where someone dropped a test tube and left the door open...very rare indeed!

The have been at least 68 known lab leaks since 1903. Combined death toll unknown.

How many leaks have been covered up?

Don't forget, an epidemic or pandemic is not limited to humans.

There have been plenty of viruses that have either directly killed animals or lead to culls to prevent spread of infection.

But while we have people in labs messing around with stuff they shouldn't, history will repeat itself with even more devastating effect.

Gates warned us five years ago this pandemic was coming.

And worryingly, Gates, Faucci, the WHO et al are telling us with such surety another pandemic is coming.

This time a virus ridden Unicorn will be the source...definitely not a human engineered virus unleashed on humanity for control and profit.

By *lym4realCouple 43 weeks ago

plymouth

Sadly for us all icluding the chinese people we'll probaly never know ?? and just look how our own Governments in the free west lie/cover up stuff aswell ?? but least now the lot in charge here don't even bother lying/covering anything up they don't it in front of our face ?? xx

By *otsossieMan 43 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

"China and many other countries have had wet markets for thousands of years with the same animals but no viruses before? "

They haven’t had large scale global travel for thousands of years, though.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 43 weeks ago

Peterborough

"If the virus had been manipulated, it was still discovered as a Corona virus that found its way into the population and, as you stated, pathogenic (disease causing). On the basis of this discovery the vaccines were formulated.So I raise your two cents worth to my two pence worth

There's no "If the virus had been manipulated....." The virus WAS manipulated. Did you see the video on my previous post?

Labelling the poison that was injected in to so many a vaccine, is wholly inaccurate. The stuff barely had any vaccine properties if you go by the dictionary term.

The crap wasn't supposed to work.

Classic example of problem, reaction, solution. A highly effective coercive psychological technique where the majority of the target demographic will take the bait hook, line and sinker. In this case, they lapped it up and begged for more, many still are.

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ? Michael Ellner "

If!

By *ust RachelTV/TS 38 weeks ago

Eastbourne

"Keep an open mind. Though we should expect that there's a very high potential for infections to spillover from the natural world to us, partly due to our disrespect for it and aggressive intrusion into it.

Estimated 50K coronavirus ( like Covid) zoonotic events in China every year - it’s when not if the next pandemic occurs"

African countries keep throwing out the odd vurus like Ebola and more recently Marburg, only lets hope those ones don't become a global pandemic.

By *ickD80Man 38 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

One of my mates works in a lab and has told me that they can create any sort of virus they want to, said they could create one that would wipe out all life within weeks. However it would require a whole team of scientists to be involved so never happens because you don’t get a team of scientists who are all evil. He said that the only place it could happen is in a country that is totally controlled by the government where people have little to no free choice

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

"Keep an open mind. Though we should expect that there's a very high potential for infections to spillover from the natural world to us, partly due to our disrespect for it and aggressive intrusion into it.

Estimated 50K coronavirus ( like Covid) zoonotic events in China every year - it’s when not if the next pandemic occurs

African countries keep throwing out the odd vurus like Ebola and more recently Marburg, only lets hope those ones don't become a global pandemic."

The pretence of the war in Sudan a few weeks ago was a ruse to blow up a bio lab x

By *hironMan 38 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

"One of my mates works in a lab and has told me that they can create any sort of virus they want to, said they could create one that would wipe out all life within weeks. However it would require a whole team of scientists to be involved so never happens because you don’t get a team of scientists who are all evil. He said that the only place it could happen is in a country that is totally controlled by the government where people have little to no free choice "

The Manhattan Project employed 130000 people.

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

"One of my mates works in a lab and has told me that they can create any sort of virus they want to, said they could create one that would wipe out all life within weeks. However it would require a whole team of scientists to be involved so never happens because you don’t get a team of scientists who are all evil. He said that the only place it could happen is in a country that is totally controlled by the government where people have little to no free choice

The Manhattan Project employed 130000 people."

It did great book and series x

By *lym4realCouple 38 weeks ago

plymouth

Even if it was a Lab leak ( and good chance it might well be) ?? what exactly are our Dearest Leaders going to do about it ?? answers on a postcard to ..oh look nice shiny stuff made cheap so our paymasters can continue to make massive profits.....

By *anttobewatchedCouple 38 weeks ago

Glasgow

Isn’t this a swinging site omg

By *irty_DeedsMan 38 weeks ago

Teesside

" Even if it was a Lab leak ( and good chance it might well be) ?? what exactly are our Dearest Leaders going to do about it ?? answers on a postcard to ..oh look nice shiny stuff made cheap so our paymasters can continue to make massive profits..... "
Well given that the US were likely funding the research that led to covid, we likely had our fingers in the pie right alongside them as the good little lapdog we are.

By *nowknightMan 37 weeks ago

BRADFORD

Why would some one modify a virus ? It is called biological warfare.

Let us take a small country middle of Europe start 1980's the biggest buyers on the black market for Soviet armour and gas masks.

What was developed was an agent that dissolved the synthetic Soviet rubber used at the time together with a chemical which 'liquidised' the lungs. So one 'drown' in your own fluids.

The compound was to be sprayed over an area near the borders of course resulting into civilian deaths but that was a war 'risk assessment'.

That was 1980's now more and more natural illnesses are being modified for military use and some times accidents happen where there is a leak and the 'product' escapes its' confined research area.

It is not only military researching such but big pharma as well, modification of existing viruses and others to 'fight' illnesses.

If China had warned all that such an accident might have happened and provided insight to their research many would not gave unnecessary died and lockdowns would not have happened.

To set this line of thought aside is not correct but out of Mr Biden's thinking it was a must not to offend China.

By *I TwoCouple 37 weeks ago

Cookstown

"Isn’t this a swinging site omg"

Sometimes you wonder

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"Why would some one modify a virus ? It is called biological warfare.

Let us take a small country middle of Europe start 1980's the biggest buyers on the black market for Soviet armour and gas masks.

What was developed was an agent that dissolved the synthetic Soviet rubber used at the time together with a chemical which 'liquidised' the lungs. So one 'drown' in your own fluids.

The compound was to be sprayed over an area near the borders of course resulting into civilian deaths but that was a war 'risk assessment'.

That was 1980's now more and more natural illnesses are being modified for military use and some times accidents happen where there is a leak and the 'product' escapes its' confined research area.

It is not only military researching such but big pharma as well, modification of existing viruses and others to 'fight' illnesses.

If China had warned all that such an accident might have happened and provided insight to their research many would not gave unnecessary died and lockdowns would not have happened.

To set this line of thought aside is not correct but out of Mr Biden's thinking it was a must not to offend China."

Sometimes viruses are modified to attack cells from other illnesses. You can create a virus that hunts other pathogens, it's still very theoretical but it is something that is researched. The theory is if you create a virus that can enter a host and break down HIV cells or cancer cells then you have a treatment. Also most labs have coronavirus stores, it's a type of virus, the common cold is a type of coronavirus or rhinovirus.

I have been to Chinese laboratories in Shanghai, if it was a containment leak it will be due to negligence or inadequate equipment quality, not malicious intent.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 37 weeks ago

Central

To set this line of thought aside is not correct but out of Mr Biden's thinking it was a must not to offend China."

Whatever the origin, once COVID was out, the key important factor was how governments then responded. Those decisions were then life or death ones, affecting millions of lives. At least the genome sequencing of this virus was provided to the world by China, in the 1st couple of weeks of January 2020.

From that point, only China was in an unequal position.

By *irty_DeedsMan 37 weeks ago

Teesside

To set this line of thought aside is not correct but out of Mr Biden's thinking it was a must not to offend China.

Sometimes viruses are modified to attack cells from other illnesses. You can create a virus that hunts other pathogens, it's still very theoretical but it is something that is researched. The theory is if you create a virus that can enter a host and break down HIV cells or cancer cells then you have a treatment. Also most labs have coronavirus stores, it's a type of virus, the common cold is a type of coronavirus or rhinovirus.

I have been to Chinese laboratories in Shanghai, if it was a containment leak it will be due to negligence or inadequate equipment quality, not malicious intent. "

Well the Wuhan lab had already had safety concerns leading up to covid. I also don't believe it was malicious.

I have been to Chinese laboratories in Shanghai, if it was a containment leak it will be due to negligence or inadequate equipment quality, not malicious intent. Well the Wuhan lab had already had safety concerns leading up to covid. I also don't believe it was malicious."

Why make super viruses in a lab if not to use as a bio weapon.

Whatever the origin, once COVID was out, the key important factor was how governments then responded. Those decisions were then life or death ones, affecting millions of lives. At least the genome sequencing of this virus was provided to the world by China, in the 1st couple of weeks of January 2020.

From that point, only China was in an unequal position. "

As in China holds all the power and until people realise that we are all screwed.

By *irty_DeedsMan 37 weeks ago

Teesside

I have been to Chinese laboratories in Shanghai, if it was a containment leak it will be due to negligence or inadequate equipment quality, not malicious intent. Well the Wuhan lab had already had safety concerns leading up to covid. I also don't believe it was malicious.

Why make super viruses in a lab if not to use as a bio weapon."

It being a weapon or not is irrelevant to whether it was released maliciously or through some sort of fuck up. Do you honestly believe Britain doesn't have its own bio weapons sat in labs somewhere?

It's also a fairly shit strategy to release your so called "super virus" on your own population and hope it manages to spread to the rest of the world.

By *oghicksMan 37 weeks ago

Brackley

"Lab leak was always a valid theory despite anyone touting it being labelled a tin foil hat wearing loon.

A lab in the area with a history of safety concerns that works with coronaviruses. Nah, it was the bats, clearly.

It only becomes tinfoil when it ventures into the it was a weapon, purposely released etc

"

The timing was very convenient for some and the fear was used to promote voting by post in a rather important election.

By *ldgeezermeMan 37 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Lab leak was always a valid theory despite anyone touting it being labelled a tin foil hat wearing loon.

The timing was very convenient for some and the fear was used to promote voting by post in a rather important election. "

Is there any conspiracy you don't subscribe to

The timing was very convenient for some and the fear was used to promote voting by post in a rather important election.

Is there any conspiracy you don't subscribe to"

They all have David Icke on speed dial

By *arriorstrongMan 36 weeks ago

Preston

"Go back to 2020 and whenever anyone posited a potential lab leak theory they were jumped on and branded a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. A lab leak was always getting conflated with bio weapon or deliberate lab leak and all rational thought fell out of the window.

There were too many coincidences to rule out an accidental lab leak due to poor bio-hazard protocols. Even the WHO investigation, which was very highly compromised by the actions of the Chinese Govt, did not rule out a lab leak. Instead they very carefully worded their findings.

I maintain it was an accidental lab leak. "

You can't see into the minds of those who leaked it, so why speculate on the intention? The key thing, it was a leak, just as foot and mouth was 20 years ago... and much much more.

The significance of the gain in function work that these labs do, should not be lost on anyone. We now have a virus designed to kill and maim...

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"Go back to 2020 and whenever anyone posited a potential lab leak theory they were jumped on and branded a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. A lab leak was always getting conflated with bio weapon or deliberate lab leak and all rational thought fell out of the window.

You can't see into the minds of those who leaked it, so why speculate on the intention? The key thing, it was a leak, just as foot and mouth was 20 years ago... and much much more.

The significance of the gain in function work that these labs do, should not be lost on anyone. We now have a virus designed to kill and maim..."

Maybe a leak to begin with but enough to be abused by the government's worldwide to use to their own advantages. Nothing is a coincidence.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 36 weeks ago

Peterborough

The significance of the gain in function work that these labs do, should not be lost on anyone. We now have a virus designed to kill and maim..."

There are plenty of fatal pathogens. The degree of fatality matters.

It's not lost on me you stated designed.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 36 weeks ago

Peterborough

The significance of the gain in function work that these labs do, should not be lost on anyone. We now have a virus designed to kill and maim...

Maybe a leak to begin with but enough to be abused by the government's worldwide to use to their own advantages. Nothing is a coincidence."

If the pandemic was a design by global govts to fracture economy, it worked. If it was designed to reduce population by a large percentage, it failed. What advantage do you think the global govts have gained?

By * pervert in a PeartreeMan 36 weeks ago

city of Lodon

The first 3 cases were doctors working at the lab.

Occam's razor.

They had a virus named RaTG13 that was the closest to the SARs-COV2.

city of Lodon

1) The economy is based on debt and after the 2008 banking crisis the debts have risen. Interest rates were negative. The big difference between before 2008 and after was that the financial institutions did not trust each other, so they would only loan money against collateral. The most liquid collateral was government bonds.

Bonds are backed by the governments' ability to tax its citizens.

Government had used all its tools to control the economy, and it was not working and the private and public debts were getting worse and taxes were already very high.

I'm not sure if the lab leak was an accident or on purpose, but I do think politicians sore an opportunity to use it to consolidate power and accelerate agendas they already had in planning.

Peter Turchins book End Times: Elites, Counter-Elites and the Path of Political Disintegration explains what is happening at the moment.

Elite overproduction.

By *ldgeezermeMan 36 weeks ago

Newcastle

"1) The economy is based on debt and after the 2008 banking crisis the debts have risen. Interest rates were negative. The big difference between before 2008 and after was that the financial institutions did not trust each other, so they would only loan money against collateral. The most liquid collateral was government bonds.

Bonds are backed by the governments' ability to tax its citizens.

Government had used all its tools to control the economy, and it was not working and the private and public debts were getting worse and taxes were already very high.

I'm not sure if the lab leak was an accident or on purpose, but I do think politicians sore an opportunity to use it to consolidate power and accelerate agendas they already had in planning.

Peter Turchins book End Times: Elites, Counter-Elites and the Path of Political Disintegration explains what is happening at the moment.

Elite overproduction."

So public debt was out of control so they shut down the country, so no more tax income, and shelled out furlough cash by the billion

Seems plausible

city of Lodon

I didn't mention income tax, although Taxes in the UK are at the highest level since the 60's.

Most of the furlough cash was a small proportion of the money that was "printed" most of the money went to the top ten percent.

They were not trying to deliberately crash the economy, they were using the crisis to get more money, which the data shows they have done.

They also paid people for their gas, so people can heat their homes. That money has to be paid back by the taxpayer and the gas companies have made record profits because the internation gas price have gone down, but consumer gas prices have not.

Some of the furlough cash has already been paid back and some will never be paid back because of fraud.

By *lirtyfortiesCouple 35 weeks ago

Horndean

The virus absolutely did not get intentionally released from the Wuhan virology lab that was funded by CDC to research mutating novel Corona viruses. If you think that you are a horrible anti vaxxer and I won't be told otherwise

By *irty_DeedsMan 35 weeks ago

Teesside

"The virus absolutely did not get intentionally released from the Wuhan virology lab that was funded by CDC to research mutating novel Corona viruses. If you think that you are a horrible anti vaxxer and I won't be told otherwise "
How does believing the virus was man made have any correlation to being an anti vaxxer?

Lab with safety concerns in the area, lab also works on coronaviruses, outbreak starts in that exact same place and then throw in the links to NiH/Gain of function research. It's not a stretch to imagine this escaped from that lab somehow. That has no bearing on anyone's views on vaccines.

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

"The virus absolutely did not get intentionally released from the Wuhan virology lab that was funded by CDC to research mutating novel Corona viruses. If you think that you are a horrible anti vaxxer and I won't be told otherwise "

This is the kind of fake argument that people keep putting forward to try and shutter any discussion.

Just because a person believes it leaked from a lab does not mean that:

1. They believe it was intentional.

2. They’re anti vaccine.

It’s reminding me of 2020 all over again when people used that argument repeatedly again and again to try and ridicule anyone that said it could have come from a lab.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 35 weeks ago

Peterborough

"The virus absolutely did not get intentionally released from the Wuhan virology lab that was funded by CDC to research mutating novel Corona viruses. If you think that you are a horrible anti vaxxer and I won't be told otherwise How does believing the virus was man made have any correlation to being an anti vaxxer?

Lab with safety concerns in the area, lab also works on coronaviruses, outbreak starts in that exact same place and then throw in the links to NiH/Gain of function research. It's not a stretch to imagine this escaped from that lab somehow. That has no bearing on anyone's views on vaccines."

Who said it was man made?

"The virus absolutely did not get intentionally released from the Wuhan virology lab that was funded by CDC to research mutating novel Corona viruses. If you think that you are a horrible anti vaxxer and I won't be told otherwise How does believing the virus was man made have any correlation to being an anti vaxxer?

Lab with safety concerns in the area, lab also works on coronaviruses, outbreak starts in that exact same place and then throw in the links to NiH/Gain of function research. It's not a stretch to imagine this escaped from that lab somehow. That has no bearing on anyone's views on vaccines."

The lab also had a high level safety breach in mid November 2019. Then someone was sent from the Chinese government to help the rapidly deteriorating situation a week later, under special order from Xi Jinping.

The meeting notes mention something that “came without a shadow and left without a trace”. There’s also mention of once viruses escape they cannot be contained. Suddenly there are big orders for disinfectants that don’t corrode metal. There’s the suggestion of using an “air incinerator” to try and fix whatever has happened…

It doesn’t take a genius to put the pieces together

"The virus absolutely did not get intentionally released from the Wuhan virology lab that was funded by CDC to research mutating novel Corona viruses. If you think that you are a horrible anti vaxxer and I won't be told otherwise

This is the kind of fake argument that people keep putting forward to try and shutter any discussion.

Just because a person believes it leaked from a lab does not mean that:

1. They believe it was intentional.

2. They’re anti vaccine.

It’s reminding me of 2020 all over again when people used that argument repeatedly again and again to try and ridicule anyone that said it could have come from a lab."

Sorry I just realised you’re actually replying to a person that believes those things. My mistake

By *ucka39Man 35 weeks ago

Newcastle

It was brought to land by sea hence what were later found dead that came to shore

By *irty_DeedsMan 35 weeks ago

Teesside

Lab with safety concerns in the area, lab also works on coronaviruses, outbreak starts in that exact same place and then throw in the links to NiH/Gain of function research. It's not a stretch to imagine this escaped from that lab somehow. That has no bearing on anyone's views on vaccines.

Who said it was man made?"

If it came from that lab there's no doubt in my mind they were altering it, so it could be argued it isn't the original virus anymore, hence man made.

That still doesn't make me or anyone else willing to entertain that idea an anti vaxxer based on that alone.

Horndean

I was, you'll be shocked to hear, being sarcastic.

Peterborough

"I was, you'll be shocked to hear, being sarcastic. "

That was my impression. I'm guessing, with zero emoticons, you weren't fussed about clarity

Horndean

Faucci was hauled in front of a senate committee to explain why the CDC were funding research into mutating Corona viruses at the Wuhan lab. You know the same Wuhan where the guy ate a bat and started covid 19 (little bit more sarcasm there). The video is easy to find online. He practically wets himself because the committee can't directly link him to it

Horndean

"I was, you'll be shocked to hear, being sarcastic.

That was my impression. I'm guessing, with zero emoticons, you weren't fussed about clarity "

As we've all learnt from our illustrious leaders, clarity is not allowed

Peterborough

"Faucci was hauled in front of a senate committee to explain why the CDC were funding research into mutating Corona viruses at the Wuhan lab. You know the same Wuhan where the guy ate a bat and started covid 19 (little bit more sarcasm there). The video is easy to find online. He practically wets himself because the committee can't directly link him to it"

Ozzy Osbourne?

Horndean

That's him, lol.

I think it's great. "A deadly virus has surfaced in Wuhan, China"

Oh dear, that's awful news. Hang on, isn't there a virology lab there specialising in Corona viruses?

"Yeah, so what. Stop being a conspiracy theorist nut case!"

By *agneto.Man 35 weeks ago

Bham

I think most rational people knew at the time a lab leak was a more plausible explanation than bill gates implanting nanobots in vaccines or 5g.

What did worry me was that the rest of the world just got on with it pretty rapidly whilst China were still trying to maintain a zero COVID strategy.

If it was a lab leak they would have potentially knew more about the long term implications of COVID which may have been a possible reason for not wanting to allow it to circulate.

"I think most rational people knew at the time a lab leak was a more plausible explanation than bill gates implanting nanobots in vaccines or 5g.

What did worry me was that the rest of the world just got on with it pretty rapidly whilst China were still trying to maintain a zero COVID strategy.

If it was a lab leak they would have potentially knew more about the long term implications of COVID which may have been a possible reason for not wanting to allow it to circulate. "

The zero covid policy was more of a happy accident for them. The Chinese government were, and currently are, trying to prevent citizens from leaving, whilst at the same time trying cleanse itself of expats and reduce outside influence that was starting to rise around their policies on Hong Kong, Taiwan, Uighur population, the property crisis and various other internal issues.

By making China more insular and less prone to other influences it allowed them to have more control of their citizens.

So the zero covid strategy worked in their favour and they tried to keep it as long as they could. I don’t think it’s so much to do with dangers of the virus.

And nope I’m not a conspiracy nut - I was in China and Hong Kong for a lot of 2019 and several of my friends got deported, with the gov using WeChat to spy and then raid expat parties.

"I think most rational people knew at the time a lab leak was a more plausible explanation than bill gates implanting nanobots in vaccines or 5g.

If it was a lab leak they would have potentially knew more about the long term implications of COVID which may have been a possible reason for not wanting to allow it to circulate.

The zero covid policy was more of a happy accident for them. The Chinese government were, and currently are, trying to prevent citizens from leaving, whilst at the same time trying cleanse itself of expats and reduce outside influence that was starting to rise around their policies on Hong Kong, Taiwan, Uighur population, the property crisis and various other internal issues.

By making China more insular and less prone to other influences it allowed them to have more control of their citizens.

So the zero covid strategy worked in their favour and they tried to keep it as long as they could. I don’t think it’s so much to do with dangers of the virus.

And nope I’m not a conspiracy nut - I was in China and Hong Kong for a lot of 2019 and several of my friends got deported, with the gov using WeChat to spy and then raid expat parties."

It's really sad that people can't have any have any views that oppose mainstream without having to say "I'm not a conspiracy theorist/nut"

» Add a new message to this topic