FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > First time covider

First time covider

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orMatureWomenAndCouples OP   Man 38 weeks ago

Ipswich

Well bollocks, I’ve got bloody Covid for the first time. I was only thinking yesterday that it was odd that there’s no talk of boosters anymore. Maybe there should be.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nleashedCrakenMan 38 weeks ago

Widnes

"Well bollocks, I’ve got bloody Covid for the first time. I was only thinking yesterday that it was odd that there’s no talk of boosters anymore. Maybe there should be. "

I'm sure, with 99.99% certainty, you'll live.

By *lik and PaulCouple 38 weeks ago

Flagrante

Boosters are still happening

By *melie LALWoman 38 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Well bollocks, I’ve got bloody Covid for the first time. I was only thinking yesterday that it was odd that there’s no talk of boosters anymore. Maybe there should be. "

They don't stop you getting it.

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

"Boosters are still happening "

Only for the over 65's on the NHS.

There's talk of boosters being available privately like the flu jab, but not until next year.

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

It’s a cold. Don’t even know why people bother testing any more, especially as we now know that LFTs are over-sensitive.

By *iss DevilWoman 38 weeks ago

Bedford

"Boosters are still happening

There's talk of boosters being available privately like the flu jab, but not until next year. "

It is NOT just over 65, if you look properly. The info below I found on Gov website:

Residents in care homes for older adults

All adults aged 65 years and over

People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as defined in tables 3 and 4 of the Covid-19 chapter of the UKHSA Green Book on Immunisation

frontline health and social care workers.

People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression, as defined in the UKHSA Green Book

People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, as defined in the UKHSA Green Book, and staff working in care homes for older adults

By *illynillyCouple 38 weeks ago

Wiltshire

I still haven't had it yet despite the house being full of it twice...that said,it's in the house again and I m pretty sure I won't dodge it this time

Wiltshire

"It’s a cold. Don’t even know why people bother testing any more, especially as we now know that LFTs are over-sensitive. "

I still have to lft for work

By *yndrwg5Man 38 weeks ago

Carmarthen

It's not a criticism but how the hell have you avoided not having it!

By *ophieslutTV/TS 38 weeks ago

Central

"It’s a cold. Don’t even know why people bother testing any more, especially as we now know that LFTs are over-sensitive. "

Except it's not! . Covid is completely different to a cold, including the array of persistent disability that it can cause. Current dominant variants are fortunately milder than the earlier ones. It mutates constantly, so our future dominant variants will be different. Try telling those of us who lost loved ones or who have ongoing long Covid that it's just 'a cold' in person

By *arry and MegsCouple 38 weeks ago

Ipswich

"Yet having bareback sex with strangers/dogging etc and risking all sorts of STD's (and helping spread them) which kill millions more doesn't phase some folk.

"

Ah ... They'll be COVID deniers too

Wiltshire

"It's not a criticism but how the hell have you avoided not having it! "

Absolutely no idea...worked throughout it, patient facing, whole family had it, lft all the time

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan 38 weeks ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

I’ve never had it either.

Been mixing like a Kenwood Chef.

By *ools and the brainCouple 38 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Is that in your professional opinion?

By *ryagain500Man 38 weeks ago

southend

I only got it for the first time in July too...was in a crowded train in wat back from holiday..no one wearing masks anymore. Was just like a bad cold.

Peterborough

"It’s a cold. Don’t even know why people bother testing any more, especially as we now know that LFTs are over-sensitive.

Is that in your professional opinion?"

Implying false positives maybe. Not my experience.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan 38 weeks ago

"I only got it for the first time in July too...was in a crowded train in wat back from holiday..no one wearing masks anymore. Was just like a bad cold."

Masks - you still believe these work nearly 3.5 years later

C’mon man, wake up. Deary me.

Peterborough

"I only got it for the first time in July too...was in a crowded train in wat back from holiday..no one wearing masks anymore. Was just like a bad cold.

C’mon man, wake up. Deary me."

somebody jumping on the wake up bandwagon?

My experience - patient facing (a covid ward), wearing masks, no covid. Stop wearing masks, covid.

By *teveuk77Man 37 weeks ago

uk

"I only got it for the first time in July too...was in a crowded train in wat back from holiday..no one wearing masks anymore. Was just like a bad cold.

Define 'work'?

Do masks stop the spread of the virus? No.

Do masks reduce the spread of the virus? Yes.

So, if the objective is to stop the spread then no, they don't work.

If the objective is to reduce the spread the yes, they very much do work.

There is absolutely no evidence that wearing a mask makes zero difference. I bet you can't find a single article that says it does make zero difference.

uk

"I only got it for the first time in July too...was in a crowded train in wat back from holiday..no one wearing masks anymore. Was just like a bad cold."

I only got covid for the first time 2 weeks ago. For me, it was the mildest cold I have ever had. However, I am not stupid enough to think that everyone has the same symptoms.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

By the same logic, you dont cover your mouth when you cough? Or sneeze?

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan 37 weeks ago

Wow…

Some real lost causes on here. No wonder they got away with it all.

They should be facing criminal trials for what they did to people.

uk

"Wow…

"

What exactly did they get away with? ??

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"Wow…

"

Who? Who are these people that should face criminal charges. Just curious?

By *anddXXXCouple 36 weeks ago

London

There's talk of boosters being available privately like the flu jab, but not until next year.

It is NOT just over 65, if you look properly. The info below I found on Gov website:

People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as defined in tables 3 and 4 of the Covid-19 chapter of the UKHSA Green Book on Immunisation

People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression, as defined in the UKHSA Green Book

People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, as defined in the UKHSA Green Book, and staff working in care homes for older adults"

You are correct.

They are starting to juggle teams from other parts of trusts, as we speak, to up their capacity. A precautionary measure.

By *eliusMan 36 weeks ago

Henlow

"I still haven't had it yet despite the house being full of it twice...that said,it's in the house again and I m pretty sure I won't dodge it this time "

I’ve had it 3 times (first was really bad) my partner’s daughters twice and three times, my partner zero! All of us boosted. Still a mystery as to how she has escaped .. so no guarantees you will succumb.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

May I ask your expertise on the subject?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 36 weeks ago

Reading

"It’s a cold. Don’t even know why people bother testing any more, especially as we now know that LFTs are over-sensitive.

May I ask your expertise on the subject?"

Probably YouTube……

By *allguynowMan 36 weeks ago

durham

a cold..........I don't know anybody who has had their lives severely effected but a cold. I know plenty whose lives and health has been effected in a negative way by covid.

By *orayFWoman 36 weeks ago

Moray

Except it's not! . Covid is completely different to a cold, including the array of persistent disability that it can cause. Current dominant variants are fortunately milder than the earlier ones. It mutates constantly, so our future dominant variants will be different. Try telling those of us who lost loved ones or who have ongoing long Covid that it's just 'a cold' in person "

This.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 36 weeks ago

North West

Except it's not! . Covid is completely different to a cold, including the array of persistent disability that it can cause. Current dominant variants are fortunately milder than the earlier ones. It mutates constantly, so our future dominant variants will be different. Try telling those of us who lost loved ones or who have ongoing long Covid that it's just 'a cold' in person

This."

Aye. The "bad cold" killed my Grandad.

Three colleagues have had it in the past week, one substantially younger than me but sick enough to be off work. We know this is genuine because one of her parents also had it and was off sick, who just happens to be someone very senior. The third colleague is about my age, no other health issues but off sick sick, not working from home with a "bad cold".

By *irty_DeedsMan 36 weeks ago

Teesside

This.

Three colleagues have had it in the past week, one substantially younger than me but sick enough to be off work. We know this is genuine because one of her parents also had it and was off sick, who just happens to be someone very senior. The third colleague is about my age, no other health issues but off sick sick, not working from home with a "bad cold". "

Does your bad experience with family dying change anyone else who breezed through its experience

To the majority, it's no worse than a cold. I don't get why people's negative experiences seem to carry more weight than people getting over it with no issues when it comes to covid. It's always the same story "tell that to (insert name here)". Yet you are waved off as some conspiracy theorist with snarky "got your info from youtube" comments if you reverse it on them.

Everyone I know who has had covid survived with no issues, ranging from 2 year old to 97, various stages of vaccinations from zero to about 5. That will get waved off as anecdotal however so what's the point

As for whoever said tell them in person, I'd happily oblige. There's not a view I hold I wouldn't repeat face to face with anyone.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 36 weeks ago

Reading

This.

Three colleagues have had it in the past week, one substantially younger than me but sick enough to be off work. We know this is genuine because one of her parents also had it and was off sick, who just happens to be someone very senior. The third colleague is about my age, no other health issues but off sick sick, not working from home with a "bad cold". Does your bad experience with family dying change anyone else who breezed through its experience

To the majority, it's no worse than a cold. I don't get why people's negative experiences seem to carry more weight than people getting over it with no issues when it comes to covid. It's always the same story "tell that to (insert name here)". Yet you are waved off as some conspiracy theorist with snarky "got your info from youtube" comments if you reverse it on them.

Everyone I know who has had covid survived with no issues, ranging from 2 year old to 97, various stages of vaccinations from zero to about 5. That will get waved off as anecdotal however so what's the point

As for whoever said tell them in person, I'd happily oblige. There's not a view I hold I wouldn't repeat face to face with anyone. "

So much empathy in one post…….

Teesside

This.

Three colleagues have had it in the past week, one substantially younger than me but sick enough to be off work. We know this is genuine because one of her parents also had it and was off sick, who just happens to be someone very senior. The third colleague is about my age, no other health issues but off sick sick, not working from home with a "bad cold". Does your bad experience with family dying change anyone else who breezed through its experience

As for whoever said tell them in person, I'd happily oblige. There's not a view I hold I wouldn't repeat face to face with anyone.

So much empathy in one post……. "

If you're going to use a dead relative as a crutch to drive your point across in an argument you're past the point of needing my empathy or deserving of it.

Judge all you want though, you don't know me, what my experience throughout covid was, so I honestly have zero fucks to give about your opinion of me or my opinions

You have successfully proved my point however, it's like covid top trumps on here and "my relative/friend/dog died of covid" is an argument ender.

By *aneAndTarzanCouple 36 weeks ago

Manchester

Hope you are well now OP?

North West

This.

As for whoever said tell them in person, I'd happily oblige. There's not a view I hold I wouldn't repeat face to face with anyone. "

You'll note that my 3 colleagues appear to have survived, but were sick enough to be off work, which is perhaps interesting when they are aged 20-something; 39 and 55?

For balance, my father survived having COVID, age 83. He was actually almost asymptomatic. However he'd also had 4 vaccines, with the 4th only a few weeks before he caught it in hospital. Having 4 vaccines is the difference between survival and not, in my view. My Grandad sadly hadn't had the chance for 1.

And thank you so much for your concern

Teesside

This.

You'll note that my 3 colleagues appear to have survived, but were sick enough to be off work, which is perhaps interesting when they are aged 20-something; 39 and 55?

For balance, my father survived having COVID, age 83. He was actually almost asymptomatic. However he'd also had 4 vaccines, with the 4th only a few weeks before he caught it in hospital. Having 4 vaccines is the difference between survival and not, in my view. My Grandad sadly hadn't had the chance for 1.

And thank you so much for your concern "

I have staff members off all the time with illnesses that aren't covid, doesn't mean the sky is falling. Much like covid, what people will work through varies wildly. I've had to send people home a few times because they clearly weren't fit to be at work yet turned in and the opposite, I've had people ring in for the most mundane reasons.

I'm in no way trying to downplay anyone's experience and truly feel sorry for your loss(and anyone elses) and thankful your dad made it through okay.

All my elderly relatives got through covid fine with and without vaccinations thankfully.

My point isn't trying to diminish what you or anyone has experienced. Just pointing out the fact that anyone who has the opinion that covid wasn't too bad in their experience is waved off like some nut job, when in fact the vast majority had that same experience. Myself included.

North West

This.

And thank you so much for your concern I have staff members off all the time with illnesses that aren't covid, doesn't mean the sky is falling. Much like covid, what people will work through varies wildly. I've had to send people home a few times because they clearly weren't fit to be at work yet turned in and the opposite, I've had people ring in for the most mundane reasons.

I'm in no way trying to downplay anyone's experience and truly feel sorry for your loss(and anyone elses) and thankful your dad made it through okay.

All my elderly relatives got through covid fine with and without vaccinations thankfully.

My point isn't trying to diminish what you or anyone has experienced. Just pointing out the fact that anyone who has the opinion that covid wasn't too bad in their experience is waved off like some nut job, when in fact the vast majority had that same experience. Myself included.

"

I've had it twice myself. Once I was mildly unwell with no smell or taste, the second it was like I had pepper up my nose and nothing more. Mr is "healthier" on paper, no regular meds but COVID Mk1 had him in bed for a week and this is someone who is very rarely unwell and usually pretty indestructible. It's definitely more than a "bad cold".

I find it unusual that a "cold" means three otherwise fit and healthy colleagues need time off sick too. It's patently much more than a "cold".

And at no point have we used the term "conspiracy theorist" on this thread and it was us you chose to reply to.

By *empoproMan 36 weeks ago

Blarney

Makes me laugh all the BS on here about Covid.

Peeps here gladly & frequently swop bodily fluids but don't sneeze on them ffs

Teesside

This.

And thank you so much for your concern I have staff members off all the time with illnesses that aren't covid, doesn't mean the sky is falling. Much like covid, what people will work through varies wildly. I've had to send people home a few times because they clearly weren't fit to be at work yet turned in and the opposite, I've had people ring in for the most mundane reasons.

I've had it twice myself. Once I was mildly unwell with no smell or taste, the second it was like I had pepper up my nose and nothing more. Mr is "healthier" on paper, no regular meds but COVID Mk1 had him in bed for a week and this is someone who is very rarely unwell and usually pretty indestructible. It's definitely more than a "bad cold".

I find it unusual that a "cold" means three otherwise fit and healthy colleagues need time off sick too. It's patently much more than a "cold".

And at no point have we used the term "conspiracy theorist" on this thread and it was us you chose to reply to. "

You do realise that the cold is just a collection of viruses don't you? That range massively in severity? Like I've been told often by the covid zealots on here, being fit and healthy has no bearing on catching a virus or your outcome, supposedly. So why would it matter in this case? Or do these things only get dismissed when you are arguing against covid?

I've had covid 3 times now.

1st wasn't too bad, probably felt under the weather for a week at most, didn't stop me doing anything, zero vaccines.

2nd was not long after my second vaccine so should have been protected, it was arguably worse than 1st time. Mainly the cough and felt tired prob due to the cough keeping me awake.

3rd time I wouldn't have guessed it was covid. I felt a bit off but just thought I had a slight head cold or something coming on. Lasted a day, tops.

Not once in any of my covid infections would I have stayed off work if I could have went without giving it to someone else, however I don't believe anyone should be at work if the have a cold/flu/covid/anything else infectious. It's something from this pandemic I wish had carried on into other infectious ailments.

I've had worse colds by far though, flu also floored me for 2 weeks. My yearly spring chest infection knocks me off my feet more also.

As for the conspiracy theorist comment, wasn't aimed at you per se. Your post was just the lastbone I read in the thread. Meant more in general when you don't agree that covid is this terrifying thing to live in fear of.

Is there a clown emoji..

By *csheffMan 36 weeks ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 02/09/23 00:42:00]

Sheffield

This.

And thank you so much for your concern "

Your point about all your colleagues being to ill to work is just anecdotal I'm not sure what point you think that proves. Rates of long covid in civil servants for example was being reported at DOUBLE that of the general population. Your colleagues may well have been very ill, They might also have no integrity like members of the civil service..

By *ldgeezermeMan 36 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

This.

And at no point have we used the term "conspiracy theorist" on this thread and it was us you chose to reply to. You do realise that the cold is just a collection of viruses don't you? That range massively in severity? Like I've been told often by the covid zealots on here, being fit and healthy has no bearing on catching a virus or your outcome, supposedly. So why would it matter in this case? Or do these things only get dismissed when you are arguing against covid?

1st wasn't too bad, probably felt under the weather for a week at most, didn't stop me doing anything, zero vaccines.

2nd was not long after my second vaccine so should have been protected, it was arguably worse than 1st time. Mainly the cough and felt tired prob due to the cough keeping me awake.

3rd time I wouldn't have guessed it was covid. I felt a bit off but just thought I had a slight head cold or something coming on. Lasted a day, tops.

Not once in any of my covid infections would I have stayed off work if I could have went without giving it to someone else, however I don't believe anyone should be at work if the have a cold/flu/covid/anything else infectious. It's something from this pandemic I wish had carried on into other infectious ailments.

I've had worse colds by far though, flu also floored me for 2 weeks. My yearly spring chest infection knocks me off my feet more also.

As for the conspiracy theorist comment, wasn't aimed at you per se. Your post was just the lastbone I read in the thread. Meant more in general when you don't agree that covid is this terrifying thing to live in fear of.

"

Getting in a strop about conspiracy theory comments then spouting covid zealots

Bless

Newcastle, Throckley

This.

Your point about all your colleagues being to ill to work is just anecdotal I'm not sure what point you think that proves. Rates of long covid in civil servants for example was being reported at DOUBLE that of the general population. Your colleagues may well have been very ill, They might also have no integrity like members of the civil service.."

And of course the anecdotes about everyone I've ever known from two year olds to nonagenarians never having a vaccination and never as much as a sniffle are all beyond doubt

Sheffield

Where did I say or imply that?

Stop projecting

Teesside

This.

And at no point have we used the term "conspiracy theorist" on this thread and it was us you chose to reply to. You do realise that the cold is just a collection of viruses don't you? That range massively in severity? Like I've been told often by the covid zealots on here, being fit and healthy has no bearing on catching a virus or your outcome, supposedly. So why would it matter in this case? Or do these things only get dismissed when you are arguing against covid?

Bless"

Strop, sure

Glad I wasted a small part of your day however

Newcastle, Throckley

This.

BlessStrop, sure

Glad I wasted a small part of your day however "

Glad to reciprocate

This.

Your point about all your colleagues being to ill to work is just anecdotal I'm not sure what point you think that proves. Rates of long covid in civil servants for example was being reported at DOUBLE that of the general population. Your colleagues may well have been very ill, They might also have no integrity like members of the civil service.."

Not to mention full salary sick pay

Sheffield

Exactly...

By *melie LALWoman 36 weeks ago

Peterborough

This.

Your point about all your colleagues being to ill to work is just anecdotal I'm not sure what point you think that proves. Rates of long covid in civil servants for example was being reported at DOUBLE that of the general population. Your colleagues may well have been very ill, They might also have no integrity like members of the civil service..

Not to mention full salary sick pay "

I was asked to work from home, I refused, I was off SICK!

Teesside

Yup. While in full swing of covid when the company was paying people to be off sick, we had a metric fuckton of absences. As soon as it was SSP only for covid absences like any other sickness, that number reduced to practically zero covid related absences.

It's almost as if people love a day off work, especially if they will be paid and not going to go down any absence management route either.

By *hironMan 36 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

[Removed by poster at 02/09/23 17:23:31]

By *hironMan 36 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

Except it's not! . Covid is completely different to a cold, including the array of persistent disability that it can cause. Current dominant variants are fortunately milder than the earlier ones. It mutates constantly, so our future dominant variants will be different. Try telling those of us who lost loved ones or who have ongoing long Covid that it's just 'a cold' in person "

https://www.multicare.org/vitals/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2020/11/covid-flu-cold-comparison-chart-1024x791.jpeg

By *omguy4subgirlMan 36 weeks ago

canterbury

"Well bollocks, I’ve got bloody Covid for the first time. I was only thinking yesterday that it was odd that there’s no talk of boosters anymore. Maybe there should be.

They don't stop you getting it. "

Er... not 100% true

This.

I was asked to work from home, I refused, I was off SICK!"

On full pay ?

if you having issues with covid I don't know if paxlovid is available there. It works.

Peterborough

This.

I was asked to work from home, I refused, I was off SICK!

On full pay ?"

Yes. I still couldn't work if it wasn't. Why do you ask?

Peterborough

"Well bollocks, I’ve got bloody Covid for the first time. I was only thinking yesterday that it was odd that there’s no talk of boosters anymore. Maybe there should be. if you having issues with covid I don't know if paxlovid is available there. It works."

It is available on prescription for the highest risk groups (see NHS website).

By *ervent_fervourMan 36 weeks ago

Halifax

This.

How did I miss this nugget of wisdom' s wise words?

Please come back..

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

For what it's worth. The 'cold' kept me in hospital for 4 months. Has left my lungs battered now to extent of a 40 fags a day smoker.

But it's just a cold..

I caught it before vaccines..

Now awaiting my 8th JAB (booster) along with flu jab..

Love listening to those who know better...

By *enelope2UWoman 35 weeks ago

Fife

I only got it this past April manager internationally came in with it... I lost over 25 family friends relatives to it so I was beyond traumatized getting it I was bed ridden 3 days couldn't taste or smell for a week. Then 2nd weeK i was ok still couldn't drink juice or fizzy drinks and liquids tasted sweet.

By *hironMan 35 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

I do not know precisely what was meant by the poster who said "Its a cold" but i read in to that statement an inference that holds some weight.

With free tests a little harder to come by for some, anyone who feels unwell, absent of a positive test, are likely to assume and say they have COVID.

In an earlier post, i provided a link to a symptoms chart for COVID, Cold, Flu and Seasonal allergies.

COVID and the common cold share many symptoms.

So, it is quite possible, that some claiming they have COVID may only have a cold.

If i am to understand the earlier posters statement in the same way as many in this thread have, i actually agree with his statement.

I understand that some have had a difficult experience or tragic loss of loved ones to the virus, and they have my deepest sympathies, but in the wider view, the vast majority experience was just a cold.

By *londebiguyMan 35 weeks ago

Southport

But, it is Not a cold...

By *eventhheaven2022Couple 35 weeks ago

accrington

Day 6 for us and both finally tested negative after what we can only describe as the cold of colds!! It wiped us out !. Its still out there,doing the rounds so take care and look after yourselves if you get it xxx

By *unnybunsWoman 35 weeks ago

Between here and over there

I had it in June- wiped me out for 4 days. Was in bed. It was like the proper flu….. which I’ve only had once before.

Guess it affects people in different ways

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

I know a few people who haven’t had it yet, me being one of them. Although the others I know haven’t done as many LFTs as I have over the last few years, so they may have had symptomless Covid. As may I, of course.

By *scobar67Man 31 weeks ago

glasgow

Another booster??

What number are ppl on now for them??..

glasgow

"Well bollocks, I’ve got bloody Covid for the first time. I was only thinking yesterday that it was odd that there’s no talk of boosters anymore. Maybe there should be.

They don't stop you getting it. "

Don't stop you passing it either

Still wondering what the point of them is if they don't do anything

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 31 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Still wondering what the point of them is if they don't do anything "

it helps you actually survive it. Those that are offered the booster are in the at risk category... so that's the point. My daughters and I have all just had ours.... 6th vaccine for me, 7th for my immune compromised special needs daughter. I am also not so sure it doesn't help you with not catching it. Till recently I was working where I often had to deal with covid positive people.... I was one of only 3 staff members that kept having my vaccines after they stopped being mandated... I was also one of the same 3 staff who didn't catch it the last 4 times it was rife where I worked.

Could be coincidence but all 3 of us carried on getting them due to vulnerable people at home. We did also contuine ppe use more than our colleagues.. so maybe a mix or factors

By *uliette500Woman 31 weeks ago

Hull

C’mon man, wake up. Deary me.

Define 'work'?

Do masks stop the spread of the virus? No.

Do masks reduce the spread of the virus? Yes.

So, if the objective is to stop the spread then no, they don't work.

If the objective is to reduce the spread the yes, they very much do work.

There is absolutely no evidence that wearing a mask makes zero difference. I bet you can't find a single article that says it does make zero difference."

No point in trying to talk sense into these people it never works.

By *uliette500Woman 31 weeks ago

Hull

Just a cold is it? Can I see some medical proof of that? Can you quote your source of information? Or is it just your own opinion?

I've had it twice and after the first time, my breathing has never been the same.

I can't walk as fast as I used to because I get too short of breath and climbing stairs is a nightmare where I used to just run up them.

I've seen numerous patients left with various health problems since having covid. Never seen a cold do this to people before.

Just a cold is it? Can I see some medical proof of that? Can you quote your source of information? Or is it just your own opinion?

I've had it twice and after the first time, my breathing has never been the same.

I can't walk as fast as I used to because I get too short of breath and climbing stairs is a nightmare where I used to just run up them.

I've seen numerous patients left with various health problems since having covid. Never seen a cold do this to people before. "

You used to run up stairs ?

By *rindnbumpCouple 31 weeks ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, as defined in the UKHSA Green Book, and staff working in care homes for older adults

You are correct.

They are starting to juggle teams from other parts of trusts, as we speak, to up their capacity. A precautionary measure."

Myself and our 20 year old do not come under any of those categories but we have recently received numerous texts inviting us to take the vacinne?

glasgow

Still wondering what the point of them is if they don't do anything it helps you actually survive it. Those that are offered the booster are in the at risk category... so that's the point. My daughters and I have all just had ours.... 6th vaccine for me, 7th for my immune compromised special needs daughter. I am also not so sure it doesn't help you with not catching it. Till recently I was working where I often had to deal with covid positive people.... I was one of only 3 staff members that kept having my vaccines after they stopped being mandated... I was also one of the same 3 staff who didn't catch it the last 4 times it was rife where I worked.

Could be coincidence but all 3 of us carried on getting them due to vulnerable people at home. We did also contuine ppe use more than our colleagues.. so maybe a mix or factors "

How do you know it helps you survive it??

If you never had your 6th booster would you be worse off??

We will never know eh

Still wondering what the point of them is if they don't do anything it helps you actually survive it. Those that are offered the booster are in the at risk category... so that's the point. My daughters and I have all just had ours.... 6th vaccine for me, 7th for my immune compromised special needs daughter. I am also not so sure it doesn't help you with not catching it. Till recently I was working where I often had to deal with covid positive people.... I was one of only 3 staff members that kept having my vaccines after they stopped being mandated... I was also one of the same 3 staff who didn't catch it the last 4 times it was rife where I worked.

Could be coincidence but all 3 of us carried on getting them due to vulnerable people at home. We did also contuine ppe use more than our colleagues.. so maybe a mix or factors

We will never know eh

"

the evidence actually speaks for itself. Had you worked in a relevant area before and after the vaccines you would see the difference

By *hironMan 31 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

"the evidence actually speaks for itself. Had you worked in a relevant area before and after the vaccines you would see the difference "

Please share that evidence

glasgow

"the evidence actually speaks for itself. Had you worked in a relevant area before and after the vaccines you would see the difference

Please share that evidence"

Yes let's see this evidence you have...

glasgow

We will never know eh

the evidence actually speaks for itself. Had you worked in a relevant area before and after the vaccines you would see the difference "

If you mean a hospital.. The reason they were so busy was because no one could see a doctor so had to go to A&E

Or self medicate

I worked in a care home... and don't be lazy.. go and look at the abundance of evidence... the vaccines make it less severe.... hence they are still offered to the vulnerable amongst us as it is still a risk to those people.

By *im RoyleCouple 31 weeks ago

chester

Don’t bother engaging with them. Probably did research at their mums

By *illynillyCouple 31 weeks ago

Wiltshire

I m patient facing nhs, tested positive this time last week for the first time and can most definitely say I feel utterly rank...way more than a cold ...

I'm sure, with 99.99% certainty, you'll live."

Are you sure??? Hes not been online for 3 weeks now

By *an84stalbansMan 31 weeks ago

St. Albans

Anyone happen to have a positive test laying around that I could maybe get my hands on! Need to evidence it for a little white lie I told someone!

"Anyone happen to have a positive test laying around that I could maybe get my hands on! Need to evidence it for a little white lie I told someone! "

u have tested positive.. once you reported test. you have thrown all the bits away.. u have been advised to do a other test Saturday or Sunday.

can self certify for 5 days anyway.

By *ervent_fervourMan 31 weeks ago

Halifax

Still lots of thick/naive people railing against whether covid lils people, or that the jabs are a waste of time.masks.etc.

Yet, are any of these people seriously willing to say that if they went into a GPs surgery,or hospital, with a debilitating non Covid reason they'd seriously say:nah mate, don't give me any of your MSM corporate conspiracy monkey gland medication for(oh, I dunno, a cancer, say) whatever, I'll take my chances, you woke loser liberal elite non awake person?

Nah. Thought not.

To use a common refrain of the alt right/conspiracy idiots: wake up.

If you don't, you might just die.

Peace out folks ( and grow up:some people are qualified to know more than you. If you can't accept that then you truly are irredeemable ignorant).

X

» Add a new message to this topic