FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > New cases

New cases

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rank speaker OP   Man 32 weeks ago

Worcester

Bad news folks! Just when we thought we were out of the woods? I'd heard on the news of the continuing outbreak but brought home today by the news that a vanilla friend of mine has just gone down with covid for a second time despite having all the vaccinations as suggested. They were very poorly last time so fingers crossed it won't be so bad this time around?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r and mrs 01422Man 32 weeks ago

halifax

Yes it's about my wife and I got it last week took wife 5 days to test negative

I was ok after 3 days

By *reciousThingsCouple 32 weeks ago

Birmingham

thy want to use up all unused vacs stocks its cost em billions everyone woken up to the scamdemic

By *melie LALWoman 32 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Yes it's about my wife and I got it last week took wife 5 days to test negative

I was ok after 3 days "

It hasn't gone away. It's here to stay.

Peterborough

"thy want to use up all unused vacs stocks its cost em billions everyone woken up to the scamdemic "

What a silly thing to say. They aren't going to use them just because they exist as it is costly to vaccinate.

By *hironMan 32 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

"thy want to use up all unused vacs stocks its cost em billions everyone woken up to the scamdemic

What a silly thing to say. They aren't going to use them just because they exist as it is costly to vaccinate. "

Bonkers! We'll have to keep the vaccines as they're too costly to give away.

Hopefully they'll end up dumped next to the tonnes of PPE that was no longer required.

By *arah2020TV/TS 32 weeks ago

midlands CV9 DE12

After having my jabs last year, the final one being administered at the same time as the flu jab, I came down with Shingles a week later. A little bit of research on the Metro and Birmingham Mail sites I discovered that over 4500 people had also came down with Shingles after having said jabs. Now for the first time I can remember, they are advertising a Shingles jab for over 50's. Makes you think doesn;t it?

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

Think the flu season is here, remember that...the flu....

By *exbecs12Woman 32 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

"Think the flu season is here, remember that...the flu.... "

I do. Had it once. Way before COVID

Peterborough

"thy want to use up all unused vacs stocks its cost em billions everyone woken up to the scamdemic

What a silly thing to say. They aren't going to use them just because they exist as it is costly to vaccinate.

Bonkers! We'll have to keep the vaccines as they're too costly to give away.

Hopefully they'll end up dumped next to the tonnes of PPE that was no longer required."

Plenty were given away.

By *arriorstrongMan 32 weeks ago

Preston

"After having my jabs last year, the final one being administered at the same time as the flu jab, I came down with Shingles a week later. A little bit of research on the Metro and Birmingham Mail sites I discovered that over 4500 people had also came down with Shingles after having said jabs. Now for the first time I can remember, they are advertising a Shingles jab for over 50's. Makes you think doesn;t it?"

Uhuh

"After having my jabs last year, the final one being administered at the same time as the flu jab, I came down with Shingles a week later. A little bit of research on the Metro and Birmingham Mail sites I discovered that over 4500 people had also came down with Shingles after having said jabs. Now for the first time I can remember, they are advertising a Shingles jab for over 50's. Makes you think doesn;t it?"

It makes me think it's a coincidence, shingles is a big concern at the moment. Sounds like you're an anti-vaxer clutching at straws.

Nobody believes it round my way.

I wonder what they did with all the leftovers from swine flu when that was proven to be a scam.

Believes what exactly?

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS 32 weeks ago

Newquay

Great to see the flat earthers are still around - just hope they don't breed

By *ifer67Man 32 weeks ago

markinch

"Great to see the flat earthers are still around - just hope they don't breed "
think it's too late for that going by some of the utter guff spouted by so many on here.

By *irty_DeedsMan 32 weeks ago

Teesside

So if you have any doubts about a vaccine you're a flat earther? Makes sense

By *hagTonightMan 32 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It seems that people are getting more sceptical about it

Santa. Can you not just read the title of the forum... shall i read it out for you?

By *alandNitaCouple 32 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

Pure coincidence. If it was 4500 in one town within days I might be concerned. However, given that there's around 50,000 cases of Shingles each year in Wales alone, I'm 99.999% positive it is not related to the vaccine.

Nita

By *alandNitaCouple 32 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"After having my jabs last year, the final one being administered at the same time as the flu jab, I came down with Shingles a week later. A little bit of research on the Metro and Birmingham Mail sites I discovered that over 4500 people had also came down with Shingles after having said jabs. Now for the first time I can remember, they are advertising a Shingles jab for over 50's. Makes you think doesn;t it?

Pure coincidence. If it was 4500 in one town within days I might be concerned. However, given that there's around 50,000 cases of Shingles each year in Wales alone, I'm 99.999% positive it is not related to the vaccine.

Nita"

That should say England and Wales

By *itonthesideWoman 31 weeks ago

tenerife

"After having my jabs last year, the final one being administered at the same time as the flu jab, I came down with Shingles a week later. A little bit of research on the Metro and Birmingham Mail sites I discovered that over 4500 people had also came down with Shingles after having said jabs. Now for the first time I can remember, they are advertising a Shingles jab for over 50's. Makes you think doesn;t it?

Nita"

Plus im pretty sure shingles lies dormant in your body after having chicken pox that might not be scientifically the right description but you get the pox as a kid then some time when run down later you get shingles)

While your body is reacting to a vaccine … defences run down

While your body is stressed … defences run down

While your body has the cold or flu defences run down

Its almost as if there is a logical link without suggesting its actually the cause

By *woodcplCouple 31 weeks ago

Borehamwood

"Nobody believes it round my way.

I wonder what they did with all the leftovers from swine flu when that was proven to be a scam. "

So many sheep on here . Lucky many of us are waking up to the scamdemic

By *rotic desiresWoman 31 weeks ago

Here and there

Nita

"

And yet the first study I came across on PubMed called "Real-world evidence from over one million COVID-19 vaccinations is consistent with reactivation of the varicella-zoster virus" clearly states "Conclusions: Consistent with the hypothesis, a higher incidence of HZ was statistically detectable post-COVID-19 vaccine. Accordingly, the eruption of HZ may be a rare adverse drug reaction to COVID-19 vaccines."

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

"Nobody believes it round my way.

I wonder what they did with all the leftovers from swine flu when that was proven to be a scam.

So many sheep on here . Lucky many of us are waking up to the scamdemic"

Yeah it's only online I see people still believing it... But it's usually the same three or four passionately defending it lol.

By *enSiskoMan 31 weeks ago

Cestus 3

There is a party tonight bring your own booze, 10 Downing Street, 10pm.

be there or be square.

By *lik and PaulCouple 31 weeks ago

Flagrante

I wonder if real sheep know they're sheep.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 31 weeks ago

Durham

Nita

And yet the first study I came across on PubMed called "Real-world evidence from over one million COVID-19 vaccinations is consistent with reactivation of the varicella-zoster virus" clearly states "Conclusions: Consistent with the hypothesis, a higher incidence of HZ was statistically detectable post-COVID-19 vaccine. Accordingly, the eruption of HZ may be a rare adverse drug reaction to COVID-19 vaccines.""

This is true but google also say you are much more likely to come down with shingles after a covid infection, even a mild infection. It's much more likely that covid infection rather than vaccination, covid or not, it causing the increase in shingles.

By *I TwoCouple 31 weeks ago

all around

It really is time for some people to get over themselves.

The winding people up should have finished.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the original virus was the biggest threat to humanity in our lifetime but anyone with a quarter of a brain knows that now the virus has developed into something a lot less serious and not worthy of scaremongering anymore.

It does take someone a bit smarter to realise that as the virus developed it became more resistant to the original vaccine and that vaccine immunity (exactly the same as natural immunity) wanes over time.

Of course some people would be bored without the constant bickering and belittling others.

xx

By *alandNitaCouple 31 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"It really is time for some people to get over themselves.

The winding people up should have finished.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the original virus was the biggest threat to humanity in our lifetime but anyone with a quarter of a brain knows that now the virus has developed into something a lot less serious and not worthy of scaremongering anymore.

It does take someone a bit smarter to realise that as the virus developed it became more resistant to the original vaccine and that vaccine immunity (exactly the same as natural immunity) wanes over time.

Of course some people would be bored without the constant bickering and belittling others.

xx"

To be fair, most of the scaremongering is actually comming from the "Anti Vaxx" side of the fence. The exclamitions of "Here we go again" and "Get ready for xmas lockdowns". There has been very little concern from official channels, unlike 2019, there are loads of tools and systems available to deal with Covid now and considerable more understanding about all aspects of the virus & it's effects.

Cal

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 31 weeks ago

M20

“ It does take someone a bit smarter to realise that as the virus developed it became more resistant to the original vaccine and that vaccine immunity (exactly the same as natural immunity) wanes over time.”

Scientists took a biopsy from a man who had contracted SARS bird flu. Using science they proved he had never contracted covid.

The 14 year old immunity gave him full sterile immunity against covid.

SARS bird flu is less than 80% alike to covid. If covid mutated more than two or three percent it would no longer be covid.

The mutation we are seeing are much smaller than this, fractions of a percent.

All of the info here comes from genuine published, peer reviewed sources.

Your natural immunity doesn’t fade quickly at all, I suspect a healthy person should expect it to last decades.

Traditional vaccines have taught us this, the ones that don’t need topping up.

By *rotic desiresWoman 31 weeks ago

Here and there

Nita

And yet the first study I came across on PubMed called "Real-world evidence from over one million COVID-19 vaccinations is consistent with reactivation of the varicella-zoster virus" clearly states "Conclusions: Consistent with the hypothesis, a higher incidence of HZ was statistically detectable post-COVID-19 vaccine. Accordingly, the eruption of HZ may be a rare adverse drug reaction to COVID-19 vaccines."

This is true but google also say you are much more likely to come down with shingles after a covid infection, even a mild infection. It's much more likely that covid infection rather than vaccination, covid or not, it causing the increase in shingles."

What I am getting at is the constant belittling of adverse reactions to the vaccine from certain posters. The post here refers to someone having gotten shingles a week after receiving the vaccination, and not getting it after a Covid infection.

Yes, the immune system takes a hit with both - infection and vaccination, hence shingles may be a consequence for both.

I know you're the walking billboard for pharma, a model citizen, according to how you post on the virus forum.

Maybe your empathy can extend to those negatively affected by the vaccine too?!

By *melie LALWoman 31 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I wonder if real sheep know they're sheep."

My burps sounded like baas yesterday .

Some real sheep are possibly more intelligent than some forumites. Shame we cannot communicate with them to find out

Peterborough

"“ It does take someone a bit smarter to realise that as the virus developed it became more resistant to the original vaccine and that vaccine immunity (exactly the same as natural immunity) wanes over time.”

Scientists took a biopsy from a man who had contracted SARS bird flu. Using science they proved he had never contracted covid.

The 14 year old immunity gave him full sterile immunity against covid.

SARS bird flu is less than 80% alike to covid. If covid mutated more than two or three percent it would no longer be covid.

The mutation we are seeing are much smaller than this, fractions of a percent.

All of the info here comes from genuine published, peer reviewed sources.

Your natural immunity doesn’t fade quickly at all, I suspect a healthy person should expect it to last decades.

Traditional vaccines have taught us this, the ones that don’t need topping up."

You don't know much about immunity then. Quick point innate immunity varies from person to person, adaptive immunity (production of antibodies, B and T cells) in an immune-competent person goes through the same production process.

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 31 weeks ago

M20

“You don't know much about immunity then. Quick point innate immunity varies from person to person, adaptive immunity (production of antibodies, B and T cells) in an immune-competent person goes through the same production process.”

Variation in a population was assumed. As it always has to be.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 31 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Cases have been rising for a while, its why they brought the booster program forward.

Had my booster this week along with my daughters. Didn't want the flu jab with it so got that at a later date.

I still can't believe some still refer to covid as a scamdemic, not sure how anyone can deny the severity of this when it first occurred

By *heAverageForumUserMan 31 weeks ago

Just Here

"Think the flu season is here, remember that...the flu.... "

Just quoting this to draw more attention to it. It’s seems it was skipped over because everything now MUST be covid.

Peterborough

Just a reminder, the NHS covid booster vaccine rollout only extends to the vulnerable, elderly and patient facing staff. Basically the same criteria as the flu vaccine.

It wasn't a scam. No-one is a sheeple. It was never highly fatal but being a pandemic it was a huge numbers event.

The theories behind vaccination were positive:

To achieve herd immunity safely.

To protect the NHS from a continued onslaught of Covid admissions.

Reducing severity of symptoms, duration of illness, slowing transmission.

Have I missed anything?

By *ugby 123Couple 31 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

What I am getting at is the constant belittling of adverse reactions to the vaccine from certain posters.

"

The same could be said for the people who say the vaccine has caused adverse reactions.

You say "Yes, the immune system takes a hit with both - infection and vaccination, hence shingles may be a consequence for both."

You wouldn't be sure of what triggered the shingles in that case as some people don't know they have had covid it is that mild for them but have had covid nontheless

They would be the same bunch who claim safe sex and bareback and into HnH

By *scobar67Man 31 weeks ago

glasgow

****breaking news *****

It's nearly winter time the temp has went right down.. People are getting a cold.

Who would have ever guessed

By *ENGUYMan 31 weeks ago

Hull

Nita

Plus im pretty sure shingles lies dormant in your body after having chicken pox that might not be scientifically the right description but you get the pox as a kid then some time when run down later you get shingles)

Its almost as if there is a logical link without suggesting its actually the cause

"

It's been known for a long time that Shingles develops from people who have suffered from Chickenpox before, even as long ago as childhood. I remember our GP telling my mother that when I was ill at 12 yrs old.

The disease lies in the body for the rest of your life, only emerging as Shingles when certain medical criteria or illnesses trigger it to make you ill!

It's that time of year, when Colds, Coughs and Flu style illnesses hit many people. That's why Flu and Shingles Jabs tend to be on offer at this time of year.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 31 weeks ago

Central

The immunity gained from both vaccines and infections does wane over time, hence the drive to rebuild it, with boosters. Last year there was quite frequent discussion of people having infections in fairly quick succession.

We've got progressive mutation that could make immune system evasion too. For those eligible, the autumn booster programme is open.

We're likely going to have the virus infecting us for years to come. We don't yet know how things will progress, so there's going to be some element of luck as well as personal control over our individual fortune and prospects. It's likely to be more prevalent in winter, as we spend more time together indoors, near to others.

By *aughtycouple1008Couple 31 weeks ago

west london

It's simple....when a virus mutates it gets weaker.....it's not as bad as when it first came out.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 31 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It's simple....when a virus mutates it gets weaker.....it's not as bad as when it first came out. "
I'd still not like to leave my daughter ths chance of catching covid without the protection of the vaccine x

Central

"It's simple....when a virus mutates it gets weaker.....it's not as bad as when it first came out. "

There's no given path, except that mutations will happen and standard evolutionary principles prevail.

By *umbriaman1962Man 31 weeks ago

outside of penrith

No one is twisting your arm marching you into vaccination centres. If you choose to vacinate or not free country

What you got to remember ask 5 experts and expect 5 different answers. I farm you got to vaccinate animals against some diseases or they get ill.

Same young children vaccinate again things no body in right mind would not protect there children

By *csheffMan 31 weeks ago

Sheffield

Nita

This is true but google also say you are much more likely to come down with shingles after a covid infection, even a mild infection. It's much more likely that covid infection rather than vaccination, covid or not, it causing the increase in shingles."

I couldn't find anything to back that up.. would be grateful if you can point me in.the direction of the study you have read that compares the two..

Peterborough

"The immunity gained from both vaccines and infections does wane over time, hence the drive to rebuild it, with boosters. Last year there was quite frequent discussion of people having infections in fairly quick succession.

We've got progressive mutation that could make immune system evasion too. For those eligible, the autumn booster programme is open.

We're likely going to have the virus infecting us for years to come. We don't yet know how things will progress, so there's going to be some element of luck as well as personal control over our individual fortune and prospects. It's likely to be more prevalent in winter, as we spend more time together indoors, near to others. "

Just started reading this

"Pathogens have evolved various means of evading or subverting normal host defenses"

Discusses antigenic shift, antigenic drift, antigen variation (which is the umbrella term, and includes when the pathogen has copious antigen codes, releasing one, then a different one in reinfection or same infection, thereby fooling antibodies and B and T cells). Also latency eg herpes virus, and...

I haven't finished reading.

By *ools and the brainCouple 31 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Mrs is unwell with covid at the moment.

Thankfully nothing like as bad as when we had it in 2020 pre vaccine so it seems that it is working.

I'm keeping everything crossed that I don't get it again it nearly did me last time I can't go there again

"thy want to use up all unused vacs stocks its cost em billions everyone woken up to the scamdemic "

*disinformation alert!

Not all mutations lead to a weaker strain. Some can lead to it being more virulent.

Sheffield

"It's simple....when a virus mutates it gets weaker.....it's not as bad as when it first came out.

Not all mutations lead to a weaker strain. Some can lead to it being more virulent. "

Mutations are completely random but selection pressure "should" propergate the Mutations that are less deadly and more virulent

By *allGuyNEMan 31 weeks ago

Near Durham

So their solution to having wasted billions is to pay out billions more?

"It's simple....when a virus mutates it gets weaker.....it's not as bad as when it first came out.

Not all mutations lead to a weaker strain. Some can lead to it being more virulent.

Mutations are completely random but selection pressure "should" propergate the Mutations that are less deadly and more virulent "

Should doesn’t mean will.

Has rabies got less deadly? That’s been about since 2000 BC. Symptomatic infections still kill 99% of infected.

By *ananaman41Man 31 weeks ago

Dublin

*disinformation alert!"

Wow. Embarassed for you

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 31 weeks ago

Stockport

There is a simple one word description of the accuracy of this statement. It's "bollocks"

Sheffield

Mutations are completely random but selection pressure "should" propergate the Mutations that are less deadly and more virulent

Has rabies got less deadly? That’s been about since 2000 BC. Symptomatic infections still kill 99% of infected."

Yes that's why I chose the world should.. just like you used the world "can" in the context of it becoming more virulent.

Rabies is a poor choice for an analogy. Very few people are infected by the virus and mutations occur only when there are large numbers of them in a large number of infected organisms. Fyi it has mutated to be less lethel in some organisms it frequently infects eg Bats.

By *I TwoCouple 31 weeks ago

all around

" ****breaking news *****

It's nearly winter time the temp has went right down.. People are getting a cold.

Who would have ever guessed "

So, you think people get the cold due to temperature dropping

Central

Has rabies got less deadly? That’s been about since 2000 BC. Symptomatic infections still kill 99% of infected.

Yes that's why I chose the world should.. just like you used the world "can" in the context of it becoming more virulent.

Rabies is a poor choice for an analogy. Very few people are infected by the virus and mutations occur only when there are large numbers of them in a large number of infected organisms. Fyi it has mutated to be less lethel in some organisms it frequently infects eg Bats."

Mutations are still random thoughts.

As far as I know Shingles (which I have had myself a few months ago) is very unlikely to be fatal, although I know some cases are really nasty. (I stand to be corrected on that if I'm wrong of course).

Symptoms can be treated with anti viral meds if started early enough, and if there is little risk to life, then the current campaign sounds like an attempt to sell more vaccines by big pharma!

Call me a cynic perhaps, but people can't get a gp appointment for love nor money in some places, so why are we burdening our primary care with extra surgery visits. Money I suppose!

By *adMerWoman 31 weeks ago

Sandwich

So, you think people get the cold due to temperature dropping "

More due to the fact that they spend more time in enclosed spaces with other people than the actual temperature itself.

By *ust RachelTV/TS 30 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Nita

"

Not sure if that puts me in a good place or not, despite going to the pox parties when I was a kid, I never caught anything.

By (user no longer on site) 30 weeks ago

Yawn, more over hyped flu cases.

I find it most odd that as I never took the jab I've never had this covid. My job puts me in close contact with people and I've been in packed venues yet nothing, not a sniffle.

Better get a dna sample off me as I'm clearly immune!

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 30 weeks ago

M20

Nita

Google is a search engine not a quotable source.

You are comparing its results with PubMed?

Good luck with that

By *hristopherd999Man 30 weeks ago

Brentwood

We all believe in what we want to believe

By *melie LALWoman 30 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Yawn, more over hyped flu cases.

I find it most odd that as I never took the jab I've never had this covid. My job puts me in close contact with people and I've been in packed venues yet nothing, not a sniffle.

Better get a dna sample off me as I'm clearly immune!"

It's alright love, we don't want your DNA. You may, however, have a brilliant innate immune system.

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman 30 weeks ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

So, you think people get the cold due to temperature dropping "

The same

Folk who tell you not to go out in the cold with wet hair because you’ll catch a cold !!

» Add a new message to this topic