FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Brain fog/migrane

Brain fog/migrane

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    29 weeks ago

Omg... had a migrane last Friday (first one) head still feels bunged up .. can't concentrate/fatigued/can't concentrate

Anyone suffer with this before?

I feel rotten..

Any advice to help ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman 29 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I get migraines, and the postdrome is something to be aware of - the comedown after the pain. Triggers are going to be individual, and to an extent how to deal with it, but the thing I can say for certain is that at the first sign a migraine is coming, treat it aggressively - that should shorten all stages of the migraine. (I now have rescue medication to deal with mine, they can be debilitating)

Some common suggestions

- keep a headache diary so you can be aware of signs a migraine is coming (visual disturbance/ change in mood/ etc - an aura) as well as what triggers it (very individual, but I know people who are triggered by stress, caffeine, or blue cheese)

- ibuprofen is the painkiller of choice for migraines unless you have specific advice otherwise. If you can, take it before the pain starts to try to break the cycle

- while in a pain attack (to the extent you can), experiment with cold and/ or heat treatment. A cold wet flannel on your face, or a heat pack on your shoulders, for example (my shoulders seize up during my migraines, and it makes the whole thing worse!). Dark quiet room, no screens. Maybe a bucket nearby if nausea is one of your symptoms.

- if affected more than four days a month, talk to your GP.

By *izandpaulCouple 29 weeks ago

merseyside

"Omg... had a migrane last Friday (first one) head still feels bunged up .. can't concentrate/fatigued/can't concentrate

I feel rotten..

Any advice to help ?

"

Pop along to your GP and get a diagnosis / referral initially.

Don't just presume migraine.

Good luck.

By *melie LALWoman 29 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Omg... had a migrane last Friday (first one) head still feels bunged up .. can't concentrate/fatigued/can't concentrate

I feel rotten..

Any advice to help ?

"

How do you know it's a migraine?

I have had migraines since the age of 19 which was triggered by a smell. I avoid artificial floral smells like the plague.

I am one of the luckier sufferers in that I'll only get one or two a year. I get aura which gives me time to self-medicate (half hour). The aura consists of tiny worm-like lights. It knocks the symptoms down quite drastically by taking analgesia as soon as I recognise the aura.

By *rNice.Man 29 weeks ago

Doncaster

I feel rotten..

Any advice to help ?

"

you really want someone on here '? to tell to go see your GP, or take some good old paracetemol ?

By (user no longer on site) 29 weeks ago

I feel rotten..

Any advice to help ?

How do you know it's a migraine?

I have had migraines since the age of 19 which was triggered by a smell. I avoid artificial floral smells like the plague.

I am one of the luckier sufferers in that I'll only get one or two a year. I get aura which gives me time to self-medicate (half hour). The aura consists of tiny worm-like lights. It knocks the symptoms down quite drastically by taking analgesia as soon as I recognise the aura."

What’s your aura like? I had something last year where I started seeing strange colours and lights in one eye. They obstructed my vision. I can’t explain it but it was like a sparkling changing colour sort of ribbon shaped. Panicked me so much I went to the opticians for an emergency exam… they said it was a migraine aura. Sure enough I did get a headache about an hour later.

It’s never happened ever again though. Is that similar to your aura ?

By *epesCouple 29 weeks ago

In the Mist

I have migraines and cluster headaches, both can last for days if I haven't caught it on time to take a tablet. No warning, no triggers. Tablet, dark quiet room, sleep, something tight around my head. You need to be sure it's a migraine though to get these tablets I take. Mine are being prescribed, but you can get them without prescription as well, they just ask you a few questions or you'll have to do a questionnaire if buying online. Whoever said paracetamol - I dare say you haven't experienced migraine.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 29 weeks ago

Reading

"I have migraines and cluster headaches, both can last for days if I haven't caught it on time to take a tablet. No warning, no triggers. Tablet, dark quiet room, sleep, something tight around my head. You need to be sure it's a migraine though to get these tablets I take. Mine are being prescribed, but you can get them without prescription as well, they just ask you a few questions or you'll have to do a questionnaire if buying online. Whoever said paracetamol - I dare say you haven't experienced migraine. "

Yep, same as me, had cluster headaches since my mid teens, can knock me out for a couple of days. Light is a real trigger when they hit. As you say, paracetamol is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot

I suffered migraines for 30+ years everything above is correct.

But you need to make sure thats what it is.

I was on tramadol for min eventually. But it stopped workinhg. Now if i feel one coming on i take Paracetamol Extra it is now the only thing that helps and lots of water. I also find rehydration tablets in my water help.

Get medical advice though

By *ust JuicyWoman 29 weeks ago

east london

Migraine sufferer since a child - my first sign is yawning without any obvious cause and often others have to tell me as I’m not aware

Speak to GP there are tablets to take moment first symptons noticeable

Dark room -lots of hydration - medication

Suffered on & off from migraines from my early teens. Used to take Betablockers to help ease them during school time. As I got older they became less frequent but every so often get one if I overheat. Surprisingly, chocolate helps me if i'm caught short without a Migraleve (if that's how you spell it) tablet.

I call them "Auras" but I get or have had at least 5 symptoms;

1. Tingling in my hand/fingers.

2. Blurred vision (I usually focus on a few letters of a picture or poster and if it's un-readable I know i'm having or about to have one.)

3. Instant seering headache.

4. Vomiting (hasn't happened since I was a teenager).

5. Slurring of words.

5 was the scariest for me. I had all 5 symptoms at once one day whilst I was in a lesson in academy and I tried to get the teachers attention to go down to the medical room but what I actually said came out in the totally different order than what I wanted to say. Couldn't control it untill I had my medication for it.

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 29 weeks ago

Telford

I had one yesterday morning I ws absolutely vile. The headache part went but I am left feeling exhausted and not 100% yet. You will get better they can just be incredible horrible and the physical symptoms can linger.

» Add a new message to this topic