FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Eczema

Eczema

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oontz OP   Man 21 weeks ago

Nantwich

I have recently discovered that I have eczema, mostly on my legs. I have never had anything like this before and the Dr has given me the usual creams to manage the condition. My question is, is there anyone on here who suffers from the same condition and how effectively is it managed?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *erry bull1Man 21 weeks ago

doncaster

I had it on my hands , got some cream from doctor it cleared up then he advised me not to use scented soap but aqueous cream , it’s never reappeared

By (user no longer on site) 21 weeks ago

My son has it.

He went through all the steps creams which helped and then really didn't help.

We've found that a good moisturiser with a mild skin care routine helps most.

We have a mild steroid type cream that we use very sparingly if he has a flare up but so once it's back under control.

We avoid using normal soap and use the moisturiser as the soap.

I'll get the names of the creams we use once I'm home

Oh also diet and sleeping patterns and stress will ask affect it.

By *melie LALWoman 21 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I had it on my hands , got some cream from doctor it cleared up then he advised me not to use scented soap but aqueous cream , it’s never reappeared "

Sounds like dermatitis which could be why it has never reappeared as it hasn't been retriggered.

Peterborough

"I have recently discovered that I have eczema, mostly on my legs. I have never had anything like this before and the Dr has given me the usual creams to manage the condition. My question is, is there anyone on here who suffers from the same condition and how effectively is it managed?"

If you have little joy with the creams and GP, see your practice nurse.

I used to get it really bad as a child on my wrists mainly, usually in the Autumn. Steroid cream was prescribed and worked well. I grew out of it but randomly in my mid twenties it came back on my neck. It seemed to be on areas that chaffed against clothing. Steroid cream again sorted it and ever since I have used plain acqueous cream every morning. It's just routine now, but I've not had it come back again!

Peterborough

"Oh also diet and sleeping patterns and stress will ask affect it. "

Stress exacerbates many things.

My daughter, after 30 years, finally got her eczemas under control by cutting out dairy. She had outgrown her infantile "wet" eczema (behind ears, behind knees, armpits).

By *hristopherd999Man 21 weeks ago

Brentwood

I use non scented products, shampoo soap etc, I haven't had it since

By *ormalfornorfolkMan 21 weeks ago

Norwich

Steroid ointments and creams work well (for me). Don’t be afraid of them. Take fewer showers and baths and don’t have the water too hot. Avoid biological washing powders/liquids (for me). Drink plenty of water.

By *ekcusMan 21 weeks ago

Glasgow south and centre

Search for

Mindfulness Meditation for people with Psoriasis by Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD

Genuinely totally cleared mine up was amazing

By *ophieslutTV/TS 21 weeks ago

Central

There have been a few general forum posts on it, with suggestions and a search may find them. I find keeping stress to a minimum, as suggested, plus good sleep helps to restrain it. Winter heating aggravates mine, drying my skin out generally. Oat baths have helped, soaking oats in water, in my stockings.

Peterborough

"Steroid ointments and creams work well (for me). Don’t be afraid of them. Take fewer showers and baths and don’t have the water too hot. Avoid biological washing powders/liquids (for me). Drink plenty of water."

Use steroid creams and ointments sparingly.

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS 21 weeks ago

stockport

Fucibet steroidal cream works over a few days but apply sparingly.Avoid perfumed soaps or shower gels etc

By *imoteyMan 21 weeks ago

Swansea

I've suffered with dermatitis for years on my hands and the cold weather flares it up. I went on holidays a couple of years after i first had it and the sun cleared it in just a couple of days,then i had to come home and it started back again. It's always there but now i take a cheap anti histamine from home bargains everyday and it seems to hold it off

By *reenleavesCouple 21 weeks ago

North Wales

I had a flare up of contact dermatitis earlier this year. Just on my chest, shoulders and forearms. Figured it came from a new washing powder, which we changed. Sudocrem cleared it up after a couple of weeks.

By *enhamhoopMan 21 weeks ago

Denham

Use the creams try and avoid Dairy wherever humanly possible and drink lots of water and don't be surprised if at some point you develop it's cousin asthma

By *weetCruellaWoman 21 weeks ago

somewhere sweet and sour

Bane of my life ... you have to use creams reg... cetraban and doublebase are good ones... but find one that works for you.

If you use a cream reg it should minimise the need for steroid cream.

Keep a food diary... see if theres any triggers there.

Not much I can say except good luck lol. (also can try aloe products.)

By *uiteniceguyMan 21 weeks ago

High Wycombe

I find Johnson's baby shampoo good. Or coal tar shampoo when I have Bath is enough to keep me ok. The shampoo the bath after washing hair can be enough to make a difference

By *alandNitaCouple 21 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"I have recently discovered that I have eczema, mostly on my legs. I have never had anything like this before and the Dr has given me the usual creams to manage the condition. My question is, is there anyone on here who suffers from the same condition and how effectively is it managed?"

I had psoriasis on my inner thighs a few years ago. I was prescribed cream which worked. It hasn't returned but I have been left with scars.

Cal gets eczema or dermatitis on his hands and gets a steroid cream from the chemist.

Other advice given about about skin care is also worth being aware of and go back to your GP if it doesn't improve.

Nita

By *bwgirlygirlWoman 21 weeks ago

Glasgow

If you search Sam Fayers and look up how she cured her sons skin condition. Extraordinary

By *aramel.desiresMan 21 weeks ago

West London

The creams are not going to cure it. You need to find the cause. Start looking at your diet and every ingredient you put in and on your body. Use the YUKA app to scan everything, including shampoo, deodorant ect. Also consider stopping alcohol for a whole.

I started getting it because the new girlfriend at the time cooked with pimento. That's how granular you might have to get.

Hope this helps and good luck.

By *oontz OP   Man 21 weeks ago

Nantwich

Thanks for all your responses guys. I appreciate the advice you have given me. Just a brief update the Dr prescribed a steroid and moisturising cream, so I guess this will now become part of my daily routine. Most of you have indicated that diet could be a factor, which is something I'll need to look into. However, as for reducing my alcohol consumption, I think I'll carry on using the cream!! Haha! Thanks guys....

» Add a new message to this topic