FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > That ruddy cough

That ruddy cough

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    13 weeks ago

I have seen the recent reports on the new "100 days cough" illness.. and lo and behold the very next day i start to cough. Has anyone else been blessed with this recently? I am giving myself headache by coughing constantly, sometimes until i vomit or cant catch my breath... have to sleep on my rubber blanket with a towel on and wear pads because of constant stress leakage..

How are you easing symptoms? Im getting bored of weeing myself. Steam inhalations, whiskey and lemon, cough mixture, all tried, none work.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilverfox for youMan 13 weeks ago

Hull

Nothing helps .just ride it out !mine lasted 5weeks but eventually went

By *andyrod1Man 13 weeks ago

St Margaret's at Cliffe

You could try a room humidifier, put a few drops of eucalyptus or mint oil in for good measure.

The moisture in the air will help reduce irritation and reduce coughing.

I hope you get better soon.

By *icecouple561Couple 13 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've just started coughing this week. I keep a bottle of simple linctus by the bed and just take a mouthful straight from the bottle in the night (classy I know). Apart from that nothing stops it except warm drinks and a sweet. I hope you get better from it soon.

By *melie LALWoman 13 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I have seen the recent reports on the new "100 days cough" illness.. and lo and behold the very next day i start to cough. Has anyone else been blessed with this recently? I am giving myself headache by coughing constantly, sometimes until i vomit or cant catch my breath... have to sleep on my rubber blanket with a towel on and wear pads because of constant stress leakage..

How are you easing symptoms? Im getting bored of weeing myself. Steam inhalations, whiskey and lemon, cough mixture, all tried, none work. "

Pelvic floor muscle exercises

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

I have just had covid so i'm coughing lots however due to bad asthma i already coughed a lot !

I use a nebuliser daily with a saline solution in it, that helps calm down the coughing and loosen any irritants and soothe my throat etc. My GP suggested that.

Also i sleep almost upright, that helps too.

Good luck

By *ocGMan 13 weeks ago

Leicesters

Try generic night nurse worked for me

By *rodigalMan 13 weeks ago

sunderland

Had it fir 3 weeks fluey symptoms gone but coughing flem up and want breath feeling better now but was in hospital last Sunday with it couldn't breath properly for 20 mins was exhausted heart rate went down to 31 then up to 120 plus !

By *ristol100Man 13 weeks ago

Bristol

I just got over it. 3 weeks for me!!

By *ablo minibar123Woman 13 weeks ago

I have a cough now but I think that's just part of my cold. I did have a cough last year, it did last for about 3 months so I guess that was the 100 day bugger

By *untocum1000TV/TS 13 weeks ago

cambridge

About 4 weeks now and think mines starting to ease ....its not fun !

By *atnip make me purrWoman 13 weeks ago

Reading

Sounds awful. Air hug.

By *he Silver FuxMan 13 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

Talk to your GP. I had a cough that just wouldn’t go.. GP prescribed an inhaler (not the regular Ventolin for asthma) and a few puffs now and again over the course of a week seemed to alleviate my coughing reflex and I’ve had no return

By *izandpaulCouple 13 weeks ago

merseyside

Paul has been coughing since Christmas.

Its a virus, usually 6 to 10 weeks.

A precautionary chest x-ray around 4 weeks.

All good.

Usual stuff, paracetamol, fluids, get out of house for exercise and expect sore ribs.

Keep an eye on what, if anything, you cough up.

Tends to get you down as it feels never ending.

Got him back to work, nothing worse than moping around the house, more occupied, less cough.

By *evonFbsCouple 13 weeks ago

SIDMOUTH

Mine started first week of december !

Just coming out of it now

Covid at 4 weeks then a head cold mid january really didnt help

But a week away in the sun last week really helped

As an ex smoker now vaping the zero nicotine menthol vape seemed to help

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

My coughing has got worse, it's not a chest infection nor is my asthma worse. It's driving me crazy coughing almost constantly. I'm suprised hubby hasn't moved out lol.

By *inky duo 100Couple 12 weeks ago

Lancaster

I pulled a muscle in my side from coughing, the cough went but then I got got COVID again.. this year I've just felt ill everyday so far ..

By *MischiefxWoman 11 weeks ago

Astana

Mine started off with covid in Jan and still coughing with cold symptoms still.

Apart from being on beach close to the sea, nothing helps, it’s just a case of time.

By *lay 4 uMan 11 weeks ago

bolton

Found that honey eases mine a little .

By *arry monk40Man 11 weeks ago

Telford

Had it for 2 weeks now

By *urreyNotSoNewbiesCouple 11 weeks ago

Surrey

Been 10 weeks, broken ribs through crazy coughing. Humidifier and sleeping as upright as possible helped. On the mend now but still occasional coughing and sore ribs. Hope yours doesn’t last as long

By *ove.two.Couple 11 weeks ago

xxx

Had mine 3 weeks ( woman )

Yesterday seemed it eased away…

But last week it seemed same for 3 days and came back with a vengeance..

Antibiotics didn’t help it.

Just had lots of Vicks on chest and feet, lemon cough sweets and paracetamol.

Hopefully it settles for you soon.

By *itygamesMan 11 weeks ago

UK

gargle with salt in a warm glass of water or diluted tcp........worked for me.

By *inky_ragnarCouple 11 weeks ago

Peterborough

I have had it since October. On 3rd course of antibiotics. Second course of steroids. Had several weeks off work. Chest x ray revealed nothing.

Feel like shit. No appetite. No drive. Could shit through an eye of a needle

By *ik shawMan 11 weeks ago

Staffs/Cheshire border

Mine started 4th Jan. Doctor gave course of antibiotics. Still had it 4 weeks later so second trip to doctors and diagnosed ‘100 day cough’. Clear precautionary chest X-ray and only recommendation was to take 1 anti histamine at night (I didn’t).

It’s gradually getting better with just the odd coughing fit but doctor himself said it took him 10 weeks to get over it.

By *viatrixWoman 11 weeks ago

Back in Gatwick!

Just about getting better after 6 weeks….

By *ertsessexcoupleCouple 11 weeks ago

Hertford

At about 120 days now, 4 lots of of antibiotics and steroids plus inhalers. Had chest x ray and blood tests. Being referred to the long Covid clinic now.

By *ongue tastikMan 11 weeks ago

Chorley

17 days it wiped me out for and did my mum for over a month

By *uby StarCouple 11 weeks ago

Durham

Both my husband as our daughter gave had this. Daughter has been under the weather since September. Cough is finally going now.

My husband really struggled to breathe with the cough, but his is improving now too.

It's been more than 100 days.

By *havenbabe01Couple 11 weeks ago

bedfordshire

my hubby has had it for about 6 weeks now managed to get a GP appointment and got some anti biotics hopefully he will improve

By *illnatMan 11 weeks ago

wherever i need to be

Was testing positive for about 3 weeks- took about another 4 for the cough to subside. Still have a wee bit of a cough but mostly mornings. Im just sooooo tired all the time after it. Could sleep for Scotland. Lol

By *ruffle888Woman 11 weeks ago

under the council skies...

Had covid 8wks ago.. coughing so much, oxygen level keeps dropping scary times, broncho spasms. Nothing easing it.

Had chest xray

Docs tomorrow

By *ronmant16Man 11 weeks ago

Sheffield

Mine started just before Christmas,but like a cold for a few days which passed but this cough still remains, I don't know if any other have same but ( excuse the details) there's nothing or very little comes out?? My chest rattled but very little gunk comes out???, is this a common feature?

By *inky_ragnarCouple 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

I have this. Coughing since late November. Eased off a bit, but hit me hard 3 weeks ago. 2 lots of steroids, 2 lots of anti biotics and now a blue inhaler (not asthmatic).

By *aughtycouple1008Couple 10 weeks ago

west london

I had it and my wife. I made a special Indian curry called ...sond...it's a basic curry sauce homemade with lots of grated ginger and garlic....have that and go straight to bed ...should make you sweat buckets....hope this helps xx

By *wisted999Man 10 weeks ago

North Bucks

Have a chest infection currently. Coughing wheezing and rasping is fun. Called the docs yesterday and got five days antibiotics see how it goes.

Feel very run down.

By *undee2Man 10 weeks ago

Dundee

Coughs are often caused by irritations of one sort or another. I am bronchiectactic, and have been since I was 8 years old. My support kit comprises honey, boiled sweets (saliva producing) and you will never ever see me anywhere in the world without a travel mug of liquid. I find sleeping on my side helps me breath easier so my throat doesn't get dry and always have juice by the side of the bed. As a back up, I have an inhaler which stops coughing immediately

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Lasting cough… could be reflux GERD/GORD depending on the Dr’s spelling

By *issEmilySubTVTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Norwich / London

"Mine started just before Christmas,but like a cold for a few days which passed but this cough still remains, I don't know if any other have same but ( excuse the details) there's nothing or very little comes out?? My chest rattled but very little gunk comes out???, is this a common feature?"

I had that, either around or at the same time as a dose of COVID. And yes, it's still hanging around like a bad smell, along with a mess of messy post-COVID stuff. May or may not be connected, but the permanent "dry" throat is severely annoying. (And of course, limiting to my sex life. Can't be doing quite a few bits of fun stuff with a random cough. Y'know. Teeth would be a problem.)

Have tried pretty much all OTC remedies, and steam, and not much works except a very hot shower or long bath. Which is also just a nice way to relax.

By *effnwbiguyMan 8 weeks ago

bolton

I started coughing over 3 weeks ag then phlegm followed by a very sore throat.Just using Diflam throat spray as have bern told 3 week wait to see my doctor.

By *ruffle888Woman 8 weeks ago

under the council skies...

Wk 14 cough post covid.. headaches. Low oxygen levels to 74 to 93.. (should be over 95 to 99)

Heart rate stupid when I cough up to 140bpm at rest.

Likely long covid.

This is exhausting

By *ady CurvaceousWoman 8 weeks ago

Kent

2 weeks for me but amoxicillin is starting to ease it a little.

By *exySenseiCouple 8 weeks ago

"I have seen the recent reports on the new "100 days cough" illness.. and lo and behold the very next day i start to cough. Has anyone else been blessed with this recently? I am giving myself headache by coughing constantly, sometimes until i vomit or cant catch my breath... have to sleep on my rubber blanket with a towel on and wear pads because of constant stress leakage..

How are you easing symptoms? Im getting bored of weeing myself. Steam inhalations, whiskey and lemon, cough mixture, all tried, none work. "

Antibiotics.

By *outhDubGuy89Man 8 weeks ago

Dalkey

Got a cold two weeks ago, thought it was gone, got a tattoo and that sent my immune system into a spiral, now have a cold again. Except this time it’s gone a lovely dry cough as a breezy bonus

By *nby ATV/TS 8 weeks ago

chilling in the

I thought I was relatively fit. But 12 days of coughing and fever. Everything is now easing. Except the cough. The inhaler does help a bit. Love to all who have to endure it. I’ll hope for improvement next week.

By *unnybunny1000Woman 8 weeks ago

Nottingham

I've had a cough for weeks! Probably 6 weeks now! Nothing is easing it

By *ertsessexcoupleCouple 7 weeks ago

Hertford

Going into my 5th month now, been too rough to play the whole time I’ve had it. Driving me mad, hopefully when spring gets here it will help clear it up

By *addyhCouple 7 weeks ago

Derby

Yes definitely we both got it

By *ust RachelTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Eastbourne

I usually get a cough that lasts a few months, so it is nothing out of the ordinary for me.

By *easidersCouple 5 weeks ago

Wirral

“Whooping cough, also known as the ‘100-day cough’ and caused by the Bordetella pertussis (B. pertussis) bacteria, is making a resurgence, after cases almost disappeared during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Suspected cases of the disease, characterised by violent coughing fits that sometimes end in a whoop-like gasp for breath, are at a 15-year high in England and Wales, according to the number of notifications from GPs collected by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA).”

The Pharmaceutical Journal, 28/03/24

By *unchalMan 5 weeks ago

Dartford

Stop reading. I’ve been fucking coughing for the last week after a couple of days of mild flu symptoms. I know I’m sick because my blood glucose monitor is running high.

By *ucka39Man 5 weeks ago

Newcastle

Fresh ginger I na eeek but works just a small bite and chew

By *WB85Man 5 weeks ago

Staffordshire

I'm on coughing day 18.....loving it

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 5 weeks ago

leeds

It's great for abs saves having to think about doing any crunches

By *ornucopiaMan 5 weeks ago

Bexley

5 day cough was bad enough but was only bad for 3 days.

Hopefully well on the mend now and isn't really the 100 day version!

Could have put up with it during winter but not now the outdoor shagging season is almost here. Wouldn't be a good conversation starter.

By *hunkynGirthyMan 5 weeks ago

Barnsley

No I've been fine but I didn't take the vaccine so maybe that has something to do with ...

By *owthen99Man 5 weeks ago

Attenborough

Start smoking!

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

"No I've been fine but I didn't take the vaccine so maybe that has something to do with ..."

What are you on about

By *ab365XMan 1 week ago

Paisley

I’m fucking dying…. Whatever this thing is, it’s kicking my arse! I thought the lovely weather in Portugal for my holiday would have cleared it all up for me. But nope, been to doctors, prescribed antibiotics, went through them like shit through a goose & I’m feeling like shit.

It’s horrendous, vomited several times today & the worst part is, it feels like someone is choking me, & I’m trying to gasp for breath! THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!’ :|

By *limboy68Man 1 week ago

st albans

Used Obas oil and ibuptofen (weird I know) in the past and the only thing that slowed down my coughing...

Hang in there peeps.....

By *ussyslave34Man 5 days ago

Cheltenham

I've had my cough for around 18 months and dr's can't do anything

By *atnip make me purrWoman 5 days ago

Reading

Gargle with licorice

By *isces WomanWoman 5 days ago

West London

I've done battle with it since April 6. Get yourself Fisherman's Friends. They work to stop the fucking cough.

By *ab365XMan 4 days ago

Paisley

"I've had my cough for around 18 months and dr's can't do anything

"

that’s frightening.

By *ab365XMan 4 days ago

Paisley

"I've done battle with it since April 6. Get yourself Fisherman's Friends. They work to stop the fucking cough."
ah sorry to hear that, I’ve had umpteen of them & I’ve ended up bringing them all back up again!

By *iking_daddy22Man 3 days ago

Soli

Iv had this just over 4 weeks now. The only thing thats got me to feel somewhat human for a few hours is Barbara o Neil's flu bomb recipe. You can find it on social media. But Il save you the trouble:

Hot water, add to it a clove of crush garlic, fine dice or grate about a tea spoon of ginger, 1 drop tea tree oil, squeeze out a full lemon. A tea spoon of cayanne pepper (or as much as you can handle). Finish with a spoon of good quality honey.

This calms my coughing opens my air ways I can breath from my nose I don't feel like a zombie. Sorts me out for a good few hours then I make another one. 3 a day keeping me sane. Been doing it about 5 days now cleared some vile mucus out from this its amazing! I'm almost 100% betterer.

Hope this helps

» Add a new message to this topic