Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lueDressWoman 12 weeks ago

Bath

It's a Tv drama about Covid 19

By *I TwoCouple 12 weeks ago

all around

Absolutely not.

As far as we are concerned COVID has affected our lives plenty enough and we have zero interest in watching documentaries about what could have, should have or couldn't have to honest.

It's out there, it's constantly evolving and there's bugger all any of us can do about it.

We'll take any vaccinations offered that will help limit any infections and if that's not in agreement with anyones agenda then fk them

By *icecouple561Couple 12 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I won't be but I do hope it reminds people of what health care people went through

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 12 weeks ago

Reading

"I won't be but I do hope it reminds people of what health care people went through"

4 years ago, & I didn’t know that I wouldn’t get a break for the best part of 18 months

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I won't be but I do hope it reminds people of what health care people went through

4 years ago, & I didn’t know that I wouldn’t get a break for the best part of 18 months "

It must have been horrible for you

I have medical professionals in my family (partly why I won't watch) and what they went through was awful.

Reading

"I won't be but I do hope it reminds people of what health care people went through

4 years ago, & I didn’t know that I wouldn’t get a break for the best part of 18 months

It must have been horrible for you

I have medical professionals in my family (partly why I won't watch) and what they went through was awful. "

It taught me a lot about people

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 12 weeks ago

Peterborough

I think it's good to recall the travesty and lies surrounding the lack of PPE.

And I'm sure we all remember the debacle of track n trace.

It wasn't good to be unprepared, it was worse to lie about it. The Tories should not be allowed another term in office.

By *londebiguyMan 12 weeks ago

Southport

"I think it's good to recall the travesty and lies surrounding the lack of PPE.

It wasn't good to be unprepared, it was worse to lie about it. The Tories should not be allowed another term in office."

Definitely.

I really cannot understand why Track and Trace has not been more prominent and investigated.

There should be many questions to answer.

By *andE2000Man 12 weeks ago

Bathgate

"Who'll be watching?

Tomorrow itv"

I don't pay tv licence and life is too short to waste any time facing a brainwashing programme/Channel.

By *orny PTMan 12 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Absolutely not.

As far as we are concerned COVID has affected our lives plenty enough and we have zero interest in watching documentaries about what could have, should have or couldn't have to honest.

"

Sad but true!

Has anybody noticed the macarbe morbid, bone picking, high speed pumping out of programmes that follow a horrendous series of events etc?

Disaster and death for the tv audience equals a possible BAFTA for the programme makers.

(Soham, Hillsborough, James Bulger, Maddie McCann, Grenfell spring to mind)

~The ratings chasing vultures in ITV must have a quick-reaction team of writers and creatives, on permanant standby, in order to get the latest scripts out and on to the screens and homes across the land: the Beeb and CH 5 aren't much better

Do these thoughtless swines, not realise how much damage this causes to the surviving families when it comes to the greiving process.?~

Don't know or don't care?

Peterborough

The evil acid attacker and 3 dead babies in Bristol will have their respective dramas written out right now.

RIP those poor kids.

By *obleroneToShareMan 12 weeks ago

Cypress Avenue, nr Bristol

Have they got to part where they make all their TikTok videos yet?

By *rauntonbananaMan 12 weeks ago

Braunton

No.. no… no. It’s not going to be biased at all is it?… you have to be of a certain type to watch sensational, politically load shite like that

Braunton

It wasn't good to be unprepared, it was worse to lie about it. The Tories should not be allowed another term in office."

And you seriously reckon the other lot would have done any better, apart from lock us down and control our lives even longer

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 12 weeks ago

Middle England

"No.. no… no. It’s not going to be biased at all is it?… you have to be of a certain type to watch sensational, politically load shite like that "

Take the 'bias' out of it. Just watching how difficult it must have been in those early days of the pandemic. Not knowing what you were thing to be confronted with.

Trying to save lives with inadequate PPE, irrespective of whose fault that was. Seeing your colleagues working one day then hospitalised the next.

Is it not possible to have an objective view without any underlying agenda?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No.. no… no. It’s not going to be biased at all is it?… you have to be of a certain type to watch sensational, politically load shite like that "

How do you know its politically loaded?

By *estivalMan 12 weeks ago

borehamwood

Covid has been and gone, why bother looking back

Reading

"Covid has been and gone, why bother looking back"

So has WWII, but I still watch The Great Escape

By *estivalMan 12 weeks ago

borehamwood

"Covid has been and gone, why bother looking back

So has WWII, but I still watch The Great Escape "

good for you,covid was a blip in my life,and it was only a year or so ago it happend im pretty sure its still fresh in peoples minds who were botherd about it

Peterborough

It wasn't good to be unprepared, it was worse to lie about it. The Tories should not be allowed another term in office.

And you seriously reckon the other lot would have done any better, apart from lock us down and control our lives even longer "

I would hope less lies.

I would hope less nepotism.

It's simply an unknown.

Peterborough

"Who'll be watching?

Tomorrow itv

I don't pay tv licence and life is too short to waste any time facing a brainwashing programme/Channel. "

I stated ITV...you don't need licence for ITV .

How is it brainwashing?

Peterborough

I can totally appreciate that those COVID deniers will not watch it. They wouldn't want their minds changing.

Middle England

[Removed by poster at 20/02/24 09:36:21]

Middle England

"COVID was the biggest scam pushed on us in history. More people's died of the flu in any 4 year period since records began.

It's a good job a) you're not an elected representative b) you're a minority view holder.

Ditto

Look at the data "

I don't think it's about drawing a straight line correlation between a disease/illness and the number of people who are affected or should be treated

If you presented to A&E with a rare illness you'd still expect to be treated. Can you imagine if they said no we are not treating you because more people die of flu.

It just doesn't make sense. You're argument fails just on that basis alone.

Peterborough

"Who'll be watching?

Tomorrow itv

I don't pay tv licence and life is too short to waste any time facing a brainwashing programme/Channel.

I stated ITV...you don't need licence for ITV .

How is it brainwashing?"

Sadly the BEEB has got the Gov in their corner so you DO need a TV licence for ALL LIVE telly AND iPlayer. To legally watch anything, you are allowed to watch it on ITVX formerly ITV Hub?Amazon Prime etc, so long as it is not live.

Chilli Jon Carne and Black Belt Barrister have covered this on Youtube.

Middle England

"The same people who's trying to. Give us a social credit score, replace cash with a controllable digital currency,

Trying to stop farming to control the food sources and feed us bugs. Oh them yeah, and they weren't voted in to there positions to begin with. Hahaha

Good luck with that one "

How do you get from a drama about the (pseudo) pandemic, to a social credit score, to control farming, to feeding us bugs. What planet are you on?

By *yan226Man 12 weeks ago

everywhere

"The same people who's trying to. Give us a social credit score, replace cash with a controllable digital currency,

Trying to stop farming to control the food sources and feed us bugs. Oh them yeah, and they weren't voted in to there positions to begin with. Hahaha

Good luck with that one

How do you get from a drama about the (pseudo) pandemic, to a social credit score, to control farming, to feeding us bugs. What planet are you on? "

The planet that doesn't buy into the bullshit from the WHO/WEF. you should maybe join me.

By *ldgeezermeMan 12 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

Good luck with that one

How do you get from a drama about the (pseudo) pandemic, to a social credit score, to control farming, to feeding us bugs. What planet are you on?

The planet that doesn't buy into the bullshit from the WHO/WEF. you should maybe join me. "

Planet YouTube

all around

Or Planet Hollywood

Peterborough

Good luck with that one

How do you get from a drama about the (pseudo) pandemic, to a social credit score, to control farming, to feeding us bugs. What planet are you on? "

Country, Egypt nr deNile

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

"I can totally appreciate that those COVID deniers will not watch it. They wouldn't want their minds changing."

I would watch it,still would not change my mind that they purposely portrayed extreme fear needlessly.

Told us that a vaccine would protect our loved ones if we took it, (not true).

No evidence what so ever of what the vaccine would do, yet people ran for it thinking they could see thier family after being vaccinated because they couldn’t spread it.

You all beloved it and it was just a blatant lie.

And you all still take it knowing it was a lie.

It ruined people lives in more ways than one!.

Southport

"I can totally appreciate that those COVID deniers will not watch it. They wouldn't want their minds changing.

I would watch it,still would not change my mind that they purposely portrayed extreme fear needlessly.

No evidence what so ever of what the vaccine would do, yet people ran for it thinking they could see thier family after being vaccinated because they couldn’t spread it.

It ruined people lives in more ways than one!. "

None of the comments that you write on here make much sense at all.

There is no accepted evidence or science behind any of your claims.

Conspiracy theorists never question or research beyond their own Conspiracy belief.

"I can totally appreciate that those COVID deniers will not watch it. They wouldn't want their minds changing.

Conspiracy theorists never question or research beyond their own Conspiracy belief.

Conspiracy “theorists” follow others

That’s not us.

I believe what I see, not what I’m told to see.

I would probably put yourself in the conspiracy bracket.

Have a nice day

"

"

Although, thank you for confirming you didn’t take the vaccine to protect your loved ones as you were told.

Because that was the only thing I stated in my comment.

It was not my personal claim, it was what you were told and the reason you should take it.

Bloody conspiracy werent it haha.

Southport

Although, thank you for confirming you didn’t take the vaccine to protect your loved ones as you were told.

Because that was the only thing I stated in my comment.

It was not my personal claim, it was what you were told and the reason you should take it.

Bloody conspiracy werent it haha."

I confirmed, or indeed , denied none of that in my comments.

Newcastle, Throckley

You would watch it but it wouldn't change your mind?

Some much for the Open Minded

What if it was in YouTube and was posted by your YT guru?

[Removed by poster at 20/02/24 20:38:09]

What if it was in YouTube and was posted by your YT guru?"

YouTube? Haha.

No it wouldn’t change my mind at all.

I was open minded when it came about.

I made my mind up with what I saw and heard then.

Seems people don’t have much of a good memory.

Newcastle, Throckley

What if it was in YouTube and was posted by your YT guru?

YouTube? Haha.

No it wouldn’t change my mind at all.

I was open minded when it came about.

I made my mind up with what I saw and heard then.

Seems people don’t have much of a good memory."

What would change your (open) mind?

By *exyFusionCouple 12 weeks ago

Near to you

"

If you’re into questioning and research, you might want to google “white clots” (or talk to a few undertakers) before you get another Covid vaccine.

Peterborough

The book Breathtaking was written by Dr Rachel Clarke, a palliative consultant.

It must have been heart breaking to lose colleagues to this apparently fictitious disease.

Newcastle, Throckley

If you’re into questioning and research, you might want to google “white clots” (or talk to a few undertakers) before you get another Covid vaccine. "

Saved everyone the trouble

"Inadequate support: The article provided no evidence demonstrating a link between the presence of unusual blood clots in deceased people and COVID-19 vaccines.

Misleading: The laboratory analysis of blood clots has critical methodological flaws, including a sample size of one and the inadequate use of a blood sample as a control. These issues invalidate the results from the analysis and the conclusions drawn from them."

Middle England

"If you’re into questioning and research, you might want to google “white clots” (or talk to a few undertakers) before you get another Covid vaccine. "

How many cases per million doses? All medical interventions carry risk.

On that basis no one would take any medication. Even good old paracetamol has contra indications.

By *kippy83Man 12 weeks ago

Spalding

May I ask when does choosing not to do something immediately make you a conspiracy theorist?

And that actual phrase is very common these days ???

As is fact checker etc... all to debunk anything outside of the favoured narrative!

all around

If you’re into questioning and research, you might want to google “white clots” (or talk to a few undertakers) before you get another Covid vaccine. "

(Dr lol) John Campbell been at it again has he ....

By *exy_HornyCouple 12 weeks ago

Leigh

"Who'll be watching?

Tomorrow itv"

Why would anyone watch a drama about anything?

If it was factual, maybe it would be worth watching.

Dramatisation, certainly not.

Palliative care is end of life , she's no virologist . She's making money off of the flu rebranded . It was all bollox . She's a grifter and a sensationalist , hospitals were empty . She had fucking dollar signs in her eyes from the start . Oh n how many in early 2020 were killed in hospital, midazolam , ventilators etc to reach the figures they needed to push this shit on us .

By *eppoMan 12 weeks ago

London Colney

[Removed by poster at 21/02/24 08:58:39]

Reading

"Palliative care is end of life , she's no virologist . She's making money off of the flu rebranded . It was all bollox . She's a grifter and a sensationalist , hospitals were empty . She had fucking dollar signs in her eyes from the start . Oh n how many in early 2020 were killed in hospital, midazolam , ventilators etc to reach the figures they needed to push this shit on us . "

Interesting. The hospital where I’m a respiratory nurse certainly wasn’t empty……. But I’m sure you know better

By *eppoMan 12 weeks ago

London Colney

????"

Heart attack : COVID

Stroke : COVID

Any cause within 28 days ??? Bollox. What does putting someone on a ventilator for long periods of time do to them , fill them with fluid and saturate the lungs ? . Dead : COVID . What does large quantities of midazolam + remsvier do for a supposed respiratory illness . Nothing good . Dead , COVID .the definition of a pandemic was changed to suit their agenda . You and many other did , and are playing along . Well done .

By *eppoMan 12 weeks ago

London Colney

"Heart attack : COVID

Any cause within 28 days ??? Bollox. What does putting someone on a ventilator for long periods of time do to them , fill them with fluid and saturate the lungs ? . Dead : COVID . What does large quantities of midazolam + remsvier do for a supposed respiratory illness . Nothing good . Dead , COVID .the definition of a pandemic was changed to suit their agenda . You and many other did , and are playing along . Well done ."

Spot on !

But they were told by the tv etc how bad it was !

Reading

Any cause within 28 days ??? Bollox. What does putting someone on a ventilator for long periods of time do to them , fill them with fluid and saturate the lungs ? . Dead : COVID . What does large quantities of midazolam + remsvier do for a supposed respiratory illness . Nothing good . Dead , COVID .the definition of a pandemic was changed to suit their agenda . You and many other did , and are playing along . Well done ."

Thanks for your detailed insight. Really appreciate it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The op only asked if anyone was watching

It fucked some people and ended some people's lives . I know a total of 4 vaccine injured , and no COVID deaths pandemic my bollox

Reading

[Removed by poster at 21/02/24 09:51:26]

Middle England

"It fucked some people and ended some people's lives . I know a total of 4 vaccine injured , and no COVID deaths pandemic my bollox "

It can only be declared a pandemic if south yorks male 124 says it is!

You see people Ill everywhere you went , dropping like flies ? You let the TV and lying politicians tell you there was a pandemic.

Middle England

"You see people Ill everywhere you went , dropping like flies ? You let the TV and lying politicians tell you there was a pandemic."

I was intubated and in an induced coma for 3 weeks; was given CPR and still require surgery on my hand as result of complications; seems pretty real to me.

(Mrs)

By *exymarvelMan 12 weeks ago

cardiff

Watching it. Its heartbreaking

By *exymarvelMan 12 weeks ago

cardiff

"It fucked some people and ended some people's lives . I know a total of 4 vaccine injured , and no COVID deaths pandemic my bollox "

Is the earth flat too. How can u say there was no pandemic

Newcastle, Throckley

North Korea, China, Russia...

All played along

Have they got to the bit where Sajid Javid had to scrap an order forcing all NHS staff in England to get vaccinated against COVID-19, to prevent an exodus of thousands of frontline health workers?

Newcastle, Throckley

"Have they got to the bit where Sajid Javid had to scrap an order forcing all NHS staff in England to get vaccinated against COVID-19, to prevent an exodus of thousands of frontline health workers?"

They haven't got to 2022 yet

By *lleyCat1969Man 12 weeks ago

Forest Hill

I wish it was all a conspiracy and COVID and the pandemic were made up. But you know what? They weren't, they were as real and people died, are still dying and suffering life-changing consequences.

Mistakes were made everywhere but the idea that it was all a global conspiracy is utter b******s.

Governments can't get their own act in order let alone conspire with hundreds of others.

By *urious LongtonMan 12 weeks ago

Longton

"No.. no… no. It’s not going to be biased at all is it?… you have to be of a certain type to watch sensational, politically load shite like that

Take the 'bias' out of it. Just watching how difficult it must have been in those early days of the pandemic. Not knowing what you were thing to be confronted with.

Trying to save lives with inadequate PPE, irrespective of whose fault that was. Seeing your colleagues working one day then hospitalised the next.

Is it not possible to have an objective view without any underlying agenda?"

spot on????

Longton

"Palliative care is end of life , she's no virologist . She's making money off of the flu rebranded . It was all bollox . She's a grifter and a sensationalist , hospitals were empty . She had fucking dollar signs in her eyes from the start . Oh n how many in early 2020 were killed in hospital, midazolam , ventilators etc to reach the figures they needed to push this shit on us .

Interesting. The hospital where I’m a respiratory nurse certainly wasn’t empty……. But I’m sure you know better "

makes my blood boil that rather thsn believe someone who worked on the frontline in a hospital on the wards having to cooe with everything being thrown st them,they believe some moron on socisl media or fucking tik tok.morons??

all around

So, are you saying that doctors deliberately killed people who weren't ill by putting them on ventilators.

What's a long period of time in your experience ? A day, week, month ?

How long was the average person on a ventilator before they died ?

By *otbeefandonionsCouple 12 weeks ago

Bathgate

Not yet, but I might do

I still haven't managed to watch help yet

"Who'll be watching?

Tomorrow itv"

I cried a lot!

Peterborough

"Palliative care is end of life , she's no virologist . She's making money off of the flu rebranded . It was all bollox . She's a grifter and a sensationalist , hospitals were empty . She had fucking dollar signs in her eyes from the start . Oh n how many in early 2020 were killed in hospital, midazolam , ventilators etc to reach the figures they needed to push this shit on us . "

Virologists don't work on wards!

Hospitals weren't empty. I was on a ward that was turned into a COVID ward tail end of 2021... Let's just say you haven't got a clue!

Peterborough

"It fucked some people and ended some people's lives . I know a total of 4 vaccine injured , and no COVID deaths pandemic my bollox

It can only be declared a pandemic if south yorks male 124 says it is!"

Wow the money countries could have saved

Peterborough

"You see people Ill everywhere you went , dropping like flies ? You let the TV and lying politicians tell you there was a pandemic.

I was intubated and in an induced coma for 3 weeks; was given CPR and still require surgery on my hand as result of complications; seems pretty real to me.

(Mrs)"

Yeah but....

Peterborough

"It fucked some people and ended some people's lives . I know a total of 4 vaccine injured , and no COVID deaths pandemic my bollox

Is the earth flat too. How can u say there was no pandemic"

Some people keep that quality young children have, cover their eyes and you're not there. They don't see it so it doesn't exist. They never reached cognitive maturation

Peterborough

"I wish it was all a conspiracy and COVID and the pandemic were made up. But you know what? They weren't, they were as real and people died, are still dying and suffering life-changing consequences.

Mistakes were made everywhere but the idea that it was all a global conspiracy is utter b******s.

Governments can't get their own act in order let alone conspire with hundreds of others."

Just love common sense

By *exySusan2023Couple 12 weeks ago

Wirral

This thread is so depressing.

People who got sick with it, had relatives die or became disabled themselves, those who work(ed) in care and healthcare know it's not a fucking conspiracy. We all wish we imagined it and it wasn't real, but it fucking was

How people are so ignorant/quick to jump on conspiracy theories about this is absolutely mental to me. I really despair

Longton

"Who'll be watching?

Tomorrow itv

I cried a lot!"

same here.very moving and can imagine very hard for anyone who either worked in the hospitals during that outbreak or those who lost someone.

By *otbeefandonionsCouple 12 weeks ago

Bathgate

It will be interesting to see how governments handled the next pandemic. There will be one, it's just a matter of time.

I just pray that it's not in my time.

Peterborough

"It will be interesting to see how governments handled the next pandemic. There will be one, it's just a matter of time.

I just pray that it's not in my time."

That probably won't exist either, to those who don't see it with their own eyes

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 12 weeks ago

leeds

"

The excess death numbers stated now are higher than the peak of covid??? Must be because we all ate out to help out or the backlog of healthcare or antivaxxers i suppose

all around

"

The excess death numbers stated now are higher than the peak of covid??? "

No they're not.

You can easily download the weekly excess deaths data from January 2020 until January 2024 and see for yourself

Google "Weekly number of excess deaths in England and Wales 2020-2024"

The first result should be from statista and gives a very easy to understand bar chart.

leeds

Weeks 1 to 42 of 2023 were up 9.44% at around 40 odd thousand i beleive

all around

"Weeks 1 to 42 of 2023 were up 9.44% at around 40 odd thousand i beleive "

Did you actually look at the bar chart ?

all around

"Weeks 1 to 42 of 2023 were up 9.44% at around 40 odd thousand i beleive "

I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of sending you the chart by PM

leeds

49,389 deaths

18,591 covid deaths with a positive test result withing 28 days and yes i did

leeds

And your bar chart seems to co incide with vaccination dates too u might want to make some notes of them dates to cross reference the coincidences

Peterborough

Approx 60,000 NHS staff reported PTSD symptoms in 2021 due to working through the pandemic.

"Approx 60,000 NHS staff reported PTSD symptoms in 2021 due to working through the pandemic."

How many were diagnosed with PTSD?

all around

"And your bar chart seems to co incide with vaccination dates too u might want to make some notes of them dates to cross reference the coincidences "

Not my bar chart I'm afraid.

Try Dr what's his name on YouTube, he will give you the information you want to believe lol

leeds

Hehe i dont need any answers and ceratinly arent saying it werent true or many many people havent or didnt suffer from it just a lot of fishy goings on

By *oredSub22Woman 12 weeks ago

Malton ish

As a health care professional who worked through the pandemic I felt it would never be enough to explain what we went though but definitely was realistic about miscommunication and ppe

By *elloIntrigueMan 12 weeks ago

North West UK

I can't bring myself to watch. It was a bloody awful time. I appreciate the hard work our healthcare professionals put in and continue to do against the odds.

The conspiracy theorists can also get in the sea as far as I am concerned. I lost my brother to Covid as a huge contributing factor, and I was very ill myself. That was definitely real.

By *rejyaTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Northampton

I was forced to have the vaccine or lose my job/career (support worker) and then my company did a u turn and didn't require us to have it. If I could go back in time and have the same choice again I wouldn't of had them. I got ill from having them and still caught it three times after having them. What was the point

I was forced to have the vaccine or lose my job/career (support worker) and then my company did a u turn and didn't require us to have it. If I could go back in time and have the same choice again I wouldn't of had them. I got ill from having them and still caught it three times after having them. What was the point"

What was the point? You literally saved countless lives.

Being ill was a small price to pay and you should be eternally grateful to your employer who effectively saved your life!

Had you not had the vaccine(s), you would've infected all those people you were caring for with COVID-19, even after they were vaccinated against it.

Had you caught COVID-19 if you weren't vaccinated against it, you would've died.

When you did catch COVID-19, you didn't die because you were vaccinated against it, even though you shouldn't have caught it in the first place because you were vaccinated against it.

Braunton

I was forced to have the vaccine or lose my job/career (support worker) and then my company did a u turn and didn't require us to have it. If I could go back in time and have the same choice again I wouldn't of had them. I got ill from having them and still caught it three times after having them. What was the point

Being ill was a small price to pay and you should be eternally grateful to your employer who effectively saved your life!

Had you not had the vaccine(s), you would've infected all those people you were caring for with COVID-19, even after they were vaccinated against it.

Had you caught COVID-19 if you weren't vaccinated against it, you would've died.

When you did catch COVID-19, you didn't die because you were vaccinated against it, even though you shouldn't have caught it in the first place because you were vaccinated against it."

What are you on about . I know loads of others who didn’t have the jab, caught Covid and fully recovered, including my Son, his Wife and my young Grandson. You’ve really fallen for the propaganda

When you did catch COVID-19, you didn't die because you were vaccinated against it, even though you shouldn't have caught it in the first place because you were vaccinated against it.

What are you on about . I know loads of others who didn’t have the jab, caught Covid and fully recovered, including my Son, his Wife and my young Grandson. You’ve really fallen for the propaganda "

Propaganda? I followed the Science.

If they had worn masks they'd never have caught COVID-19.

They more than likely caught COVID-19 from those people who refused to wear masks who had COVID-19 but didn't realise they had it because they had no symptoms.

That age group were the very people who should've got the COVID-19 vaccination because they had a very low risk of COVID-19, and would infect others who had the been vaccinated against COVID-19 even though the vaccination was to prevent infection.

By *irldnCouple 12 weeks ago

Brighton

Wasn’t going to bother commenting as it is like shouting into a gale but…

Even now, the misunderstanding and lack of knowledge on both sides of the vaccine argument is quite astounding!

Braunton

What are you on about . I know loads of others who didn’t have the jab, caught Covid and fully recovered, including my Son, his Wife and my young Grandson. You’ve really fallen for the propaganda

They more than likely caught COVID-19 from those people who refused to wear masks who had COVID-19 but didn't realise they had it because they had no symptoms.

That age group were the very people who should've got the COVID-19 vaccination because they had a very low risk of COVID-19, and would infect others who had the been vaccinated against COVID-19 even though the vaccination was to prevent infection."

“The Science “ is totally different from Science

By *cottish guy 555Man 12 weeks ago

London

My one and only comment will be that I am still astounded that people don't know what a vaccine is or what it's supposed to do.

It isn't supposed to stop you from catching it. It's supposed to help your body fight it.

Braunton

That age group were the very people who should've got the COVID-19 vaccination because they had a very low risk of COVID-19, and would infect others who had the been vaccinated against COVID-19 even though the vaccination was to prevent infection.

“The Science “ is totally different from Science "

What are you on about ..THE VACCINE PREVENT YOU FROM CATCHING COVID!! It supposedly lessened the symptoms!!!

Peterborough

"Wasn’t going to bother commenting as it is like shouting into a gale but…

Even now, the misunderstanding and lack of knowledge on both sides of the vaccine argument is quite astounding!"

And the virus itself. Fatality has always been extremely low but it's a numbers game.

I have to ask though, you say both sides of the argument re vaccine, please elaborate.

Longton

The ops post was if people would be watching or not.it has turned into the usual debate where people are spouting utter dirge.there are nurses and NHS professionals on here who had to work through it and yet people sre still saying it was exagerated or made up.the program highlights everything that they had to go through and you try telling them doctors and nurses it wasnt real ,when they had to witness members of their own team getting ill and dying.you need to take a steo vack and realise the hurt you sre causing posting such horrible stuff on here

“The Science “ is totally different from Science "

Wash your mouth out with soap. How dare you challenge the Science!

There is a single source of the Truth and that is the Science.

Stop spreading misinformation and disinformation.

BBC Verify and Reuters Fact Check have fact checked and confirmed the Science is the single source of the Truth.

Longton

"I can't bring myself to watch. It was a bloody awful time. I appreciate the hard work our healthcare professionals put in and continue to do against the odds.

The conspiracy theorists can also get in the sea as far as I am concerned. I lost my brother to Covid as a huge contributing factor, and I was very ill myself. That was definitely real.

"

I'm finding it a very hard watch but I feel I need to to see and appreciate everything NHS staff had to go through and there dedication was extraordinary.i just want to say a big thank you to all NHS staff you do such a tremendous job

all around

What are you on about ..THE VACCINE PREVENT YOU FROM CATCHING COVID!! It supposedly lessened the symptoms!!! "

Basic vaccine theory

The vaccine does NOTHING until you "catch" the virus.

Seat belts don't prevent accidents, they help save your life if you have an accident and nothing is foolproof.

Newcastle, Throckley

"My one and only comment will be that I am still astounded that people don't know what a vaccine is or what it's supposed to do.

It isn't supposed to stop you from catching it. It's supposed to help your body fight it.

"

Not what YouTube says

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 12 weeks ago

Cumbria

"The ops post was if people would be watching or not.it has turned into the usual debate where people are spouting utter dirge.there are nurses and NHS professionals on here who had to work through it and yet people sre still saying it was exagerated or made up.the program highlights everything that they had to go through and you try telling them doctors and nurses it wasnt real ,when they had to witness members of their own team getting ill and dying.you need to take a steo vack and realise the hurt you sre causing posting such horrible stuff on here"

Unfortunately there are still people out there whose only way of feeling special is to believe in something the majority don’t so they can think everyone else is a sheep etc.

They are to be pitied.

What are you on about ..THE VACCINE PREVENT YOU FROM CATCHING COVID!! It supposedly lessened the symptoms!!!

Basic vaccine theory

Seat belts don't prevent accidents, they help save your life if you have an accident and nothing is foolproof."

I'm only repeating what Joe Biden, the President of the USA said, that "you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations".

Isn't Joe Biden a trusted source?

Don't tell me he was spreading misinformation!

Peterborough

Basic vaccine theory

Seat belts don't prevent accidents, they help save your life if you have an accident and nothing is foolproof.

I'm only repeating what Joe Biden, the President of the USA said, that "you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations".

Don't tell me he was spreading misinformation!"

Of course not, if he stated that. Just like the crap Trump stated. They are politicians. Do you trust politicians? They are spin doctors not medical doctors.

Basic vaccine theory

Of course not, if he stated that. Just like the crap Trump stated. They are politicians. Do you trust politicians? They are spin doctors not medical doctors."

He stated that on CNN...why should I disbelieve anything on CNN?

Our politicians have said the vaccines are safe and effective.

Now you're saying this is spin?

all around

Basic vaccine theory

Don't tell me he was spreading misinformation!"

What the president of a foreign country said or didn't say doesn't figure high on my list of sources of factual information especially as his predecessor seemingly though drinking bleach would stop COVID.

I would recommend speaking to your own GP for medical advice, chances are he might have done a training course.

Peterborough

Basic vaccine theory

Of course not, if he stated that. Just like the crap Trump stated. They are politicians. Do you trust politicians? They are spin doctors not medical doctors.

Now you're saying this is spin?"

Even a stopped clock tells the time correctly twice a day

Basic vaccine theory

Even a stopped clock tells the time correctly twice a day "

We should all believe and trust our politicians. They followed the Science didn't they?

all around

Basic vaccine theory

Even a stopped clock tells the time correctly twice a day "

You always knew when Boris was lieing as his lips moved

Smart people listen to medical experts for medical issues.

Really smart people already understood the concepts of vaccines lol

Brighton

Even now, the misunderstanding and lack of knowledge on both sides of the vaccine argument is quite astounding!

And the virus itself. Fatality has always been extremely low but it's a numbers game.

I have to ask though, you say both sides of the argument re vaccine, please elaborate."

There’s too many things to list but my point was both sides made claims that were untrue or misleading.

Just two…

The vaccine(s) did not stop people catching Covid. The vaccine(s) reduced the impact or severity once you caught Covid. That is a good thing. It helped protect you.

The vaccine(s) did not stop the spread of Covid (despite what people were told). So the vaccine was not there to help others. There was a theory based on statistical probability that if a vaccinated person had less severe symptoms over a potentially reduced period then the likelihood of them spreading Covid was reduced. But that theory failed to account for the fact that if people felt less ill they were far more likely to not isolate and therefore continue to mix with people spreading Covid than someone more ill who stayed home.

Peterborough

Basic vaccine theory

Really smart people already understood the concepts of vaccines lol"

You don't have to be really smart to understand vaccination concept, just knowledgeable in that field.

Peterborough

I have to ask though, you say both sides of the argument re vaccine, please elaborate.

There’s too many things to list but my point was both sides made claims that were untrue or misleading.

Just two…

The vaccine(s) did not stop people catching Covid. The vaccine(s) reduced the impact or severity once you caught Covid. That is a good thing. It helped protect you.

The vaccine(s) did not stop the spread of Covid (despite what people were told). So the vaccine was not there to help others. There was a theory based on statistical probability that if a vaccinated person had less severe symptoms over a potentially reduced period then the likelihood of them spreading Covid was reduced. But that theory failed to account for the fact that if people felt less ill they were far more likely to not isolate and therefore continue to mix with people spreading Covid than someone more ill who stayed home."

Stop the spread, stop the boats... Common theme .

Yeah it's about reducing risk.

all around

Just two…

The vaccine(s) did not stop the spread of Covid (despite what people were told). So the vaccine was not there to help others. There was a theory based on statistical probability that if a vaccinated person had less severe symptoms over a potentially reduced period then the likelihood of them spreading Covid was reduced. But that theory failed to account for the fact that if people felt less ill they were far more likely to not isolate and therefore continue to mix with people spreading Covid than someone more ill who stayed home."

Either way, the introduction of the vaccine coincided with a dramatic reduction in more serious cases.

You can call or coincidence, I'll stick withy theory.

Brighton

Just two…

The vaccine(s) did not stop the spread of Covid (despite what people were told). So the vaccine was not there to help others. There was a theory based on statistical probability that if a vaccinated person had less severe symptoms over a potentially reduced period then the likelihood of them spreading Covid was reduced. But that theory failed to account for the fact that if people felt less ill they were far more likely to not isolate and therefore continue to mix with people spreading Covid than someone more ill who stayed home.

Yeah it's about reducing risk."

Indeed.

The problem was the narrative. People were told “get vaccinated to protect other people” and told the vaccine would stop the spread. This was inaccurate, disingenuous, and treated the public with contempt.

It was also dangerous as you had people who were vaccinated inadvertently spreading Covid because they didn’t feel that ill!

The narrative should have been “get vaccinated to protect yourself by getting less ill and ease the pressure on health services”.

Brighton

Just two…

Either way, the introduction of the vaccine coincided with a dramatic reduction in more serious cases.

You can call or coincidence, I'll stick withy theory."

No contradiction in what I said or my next post. The vaccine stopped YOU getting less ill ergo reduction in serious cases = good thing.

The disingenuous thing was saying it stopped the spread. That narrative was then weaponised (by many on here) to attack people who were either vaccine hesitant or anti-vaccine. It allowed pro-vaccine evangelists to accuse people reluctant to have the vaccine of murdering people. They also regularly conflated the hesitant with the antis. It was disgraceful the way some behaved.

Brighton

Just two…

No contradiction in what I said or my next post. The vaccine stopped YOU getting less ill ergo reduction in serious cases = good thing.

The disingenuous thing was saying it stopped the spread. That narrative was then weaponised (by many on here) to attack people who were either vaccine hesitant or anti-vaccine. It allowed pro-vaccine evangelists to accuse people reluctant to have the vaccine of murdering people. They also regularly conflated the hesitant with the antis. It was disgraceful the way some behaved. "

Oops I meant “The vaccine stopped YOU getting as ill ergo…”

Newcastle, Throckley

Just two…

You can call or coincidence, I'll stick withy theory."

I followed Myanmar's science and just ate onions

Lots and lots of onions

Basic vaccine theory

Really smart people already understood the concepts of vaccines lol"

Smart? Really smart? Why do you have to label everything?

Some people just looked at the risk, and decided not to have the COVID-19 vaccination.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 12 weeks ago

Cumbria

Just two…

Indeed.

The problem was the narrative. People were told “get vaccinated to protect other people” and told the vaccine would stop the spread. This was inaccurate, disingenuous, and treated the public with contempt.

It was also dangerous as you had people who were vaccinated inadvertently spreading Covid because they didn’t feel that ill!

The narrative should have been “get vaccinated to protect yourself by getting less ill and ease the pressure on health services”."

And help slow the spread.

The trouble is people aren’t very good at nuance. You have to make the message as simple as possible, so as many people as possible understand it. The thing about the public is that a lot of them, about 50% in fact, are below average intelligence. Trying to make subtle nuanced statements about public health is not boing to have the desired effect.

Add into that there are a lot of very selfish people out there who thought their right to have a pint was more important than other people’s to live, they would’ve jumped on any equivocation as a reason to just do what they wanted.

Just two…

The disingenuous thing was saying it stopped the spread. That narrative was then weaponised (by many on here) to attack people who were either vaccine hesitant or anti-vaccine. It allowed pro-vaccine evangelists to accuse people reluctant to have the vaccine of murdering people. They also regularly conflated the hesitant with the antis. It was disgraceful the way some behaved. "

Those attacks and slurs persist today.

Brighton

Just two…

Indeed.

The narrative should have been “get vaccinated to protect yourself by getting less ill and ease the pressure on health services”.

The trouble is people aren’t very good at nuance. You have to make the message as simple as possible, so as many people as possible understand it. The thing about the public is that a lot of them, about 50% in fact, are below average intelligence. Trying to make subtle nuanced statements about public health is not boing to have the desired effect.

Add into that there are a lot of very selfish people out there who thought their right to have a pint was more important than other people’s to live, they would’ve jumped on any equivocation as a reason to just do what they wanted."

I hear you but it actually had the inverse affect.

People got vaccinated and suddenly thought 1. I am now safe and invincible and 2. I can’t spread to anyone else. The pubs etc were full but it included people with Covid and spreading Covid because they didn’t feel that ill (so didn’t isolate) and didn’t think they could still give it to others.

all around

Just two…

Indeed.

Add into that there are a lot of very selfish people out there who thought their right to have a pint was more important than other people’s to live, they would’ve jumped on any equivocation as a reason to just do what they wanted.

People got vaccinated and suddenly thought 1. I am now safe and invincible and 2. I can’t spread to anyone else. The pubs etc were full but it included people with Covid and spreading Covid because they didn’t feel that ill (so didn’t isolate) and didn’t think they could still give it to others. "

Yes I agree and probably the majority didi that, but the figures suggest the vaccine worked as intended and probably speeded up the mutations of the virus to a less deadly variant as it needed to survive and pass more quickly amongst the higher immunity.

Peterborough

Just two…

Lots and lots of onions"

Omg your arse must have stunk to high heaven.

Just two…

Indeed.

People got vaccinated and suddenly thought 1. I am now safe and invincible and 2. I can’t spread to anyone else. The pubs etc were full but it included people with Covid and spreading Covid because they didn’t feel that ill (so didn’t isolate) and didn’t think they could still give it to others.

Yes I agree and probably the majority didi that, but the figures suggest the vaccine worked as intended and probably speeded up the mutations of the virus to a less deadly variant as it needed to survive and pass more quickly amongst the higher immunity."

"It will save millions of lives and soon end the pandemic once and for all.”

If the vaccines worked as intended there would've been no need for boosters.

Omicron was the best vaccine we never had.

all around

The flu vaccine works as intended and is annual lol

all around

And

Typhoid

Hep A

Hep b

Tetanus

Just to mention a few vaccines with boosters

"The flu vaccine works as intended and is annual lol"

And the COVID-19 vaccine? You conveniently forgot the one we were talking about.

Brighton

"And

Typhoid

Hep A

Hep b

Tetanus

Just to mention a few vaccines with boosters "

Not all of those are viruses that mutate but yeah!

Newcastle, Throckley

Just two…

Lots and lots of onions

Omg your arse must have stunk to high heaven. "

I moved on to shallots as the virus mutated

I followed the YouTube

leeds

Cheese an onion walkers for the latest varients

By *olldoll999Woman 12 weeks ago

Barrhead

Back to the OP.. I watched all 3 episodes. It was incredibly well done, and such accurate portrayal of how things actually happened.

I work in health care and I know a lot of my colleagues have not been able to watch it as its so triggering. The PTSD experience is real.

Highly recommend you watch this!

By *exySusan2023Couple 12 weeks ago

Wirral

Serious as this subject is, whenever I see the title it just reminds me of the time when someone heckled Keanu Reeves, calling him breathtaking and his response was ,'YOU'RE breathtaking!'

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple 12 weeks ago

Pembrokeshire

I watched it on replay

wish I hadn't hadnt realised how... emotional and... angry the whole mess made/makes me.

They stopped my sisters cancer treatment when it might have bought her more time with us, she was basically sent home to die... with an added dose of the covid for added measure!!!

The day before her funeral my county was on 5 miles from home curfew... she was 280 miles away so I never got to say my goodbyes yet on telly people had taken to the streets standing shoulder to shoulder without masks to protest and number 10 were throwing parties.

Horrible memories dragged up

Peterborough

"Back to the OP.. I watched all 3 episodes. It was incredibly well done, and such accurate portrayal of how things actually happened.

I work in health care and I know a lot of my colleagues have not been able to watch it as its so triggering. The PTSD experience is real.

Highly recommend you watch this! "

Colleagues of mine said the same thing.

Peterborough

"I watched it on replay

wish I hadn't hadnt realised how... emotional and... angry the whole mess made/makes me.

They stopped my sisters cancer treatment when it might have bought her more time with us, she was basically sent home to die... with an added dose of the covid for added measure!!!

The day before her funeral my county was on 5 miles from home curfew... she was 280 miles away so I never got to say my goodbyes yet on telly people had taken to the streets standing shoulder to shoulder without masks to protest and number 10 were throwing parties.

Horrible memories dragged up "

By *lym4realCouple 12 weeks ago

plymouth

We watched the 1st part last night and was emotional as Mr4 lost his mum during all this and wasn't able to attend the funeral and then he found out that the very day she was buried they had one of their "Parties" and they really shouldn't win any seats at next election and hopefully it will remind people what they put us through whilst lying through their teeth and then consider where they put their "X" as whilst this was all going on their only thoughts were to 1st lie then how to enrich their friends and mates ??

By *lizaDayWoman 11 weeks ago

Wigan

I doubt this is the thing to change our minds! Just a hunch! Have the dancing nurses featured yet?

By *ustaboutSaneMan 11 weeks ago

BelLiv

Couldn't think of anything worse to watch and relive the agony that happened so close to me and what frontline family members had to go through.

Simply no. Anyone wanting to feed this sensationalising drama needs to rethink.

By *ldgeezermeMan 11 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"I doubt this is the thing to change our minds! Just a hunch! Have the dancing nurses featured yet? "

They missed out the dancing nurses because of the potential public anger

Everyone was outraged because they didn't work 24/7 without a break

Evil bastards

By *icecouple561Couple 11 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I doubt this is the thing to change our minds! Just a hunch! Have the dancing nurses featured yet?

Evil bastards"

Incredibly so much was asked of medical professionals at that time (along with many other such as retail workers) yet some choose to focus on this.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 11 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I doubt this is the thing to change our minds! Just a hunch! Have the dancing nurses featured yet?

Evil bastards

Incredibly so much was asked of medical professionals at that time (along with many other such as retail workers) yet some choose to focus on this. "

It would have been fantastic for their wellbeing at a most awful time.

Even in normal times we HCPs work a helluva lot more hours than we're paid for. But let's not let facts get in the way of condemnation.

» Add a new message to this topic