FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccines

Vaccines

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r_reus OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Coventry

Years later, with the pressure off and the vaccines now subject to a level of scrutiny which was once outlawed, how important to you is it that your meets have had it?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ophieslutTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Central

I'd be uncertain about meeting someone who hadn't and, most especially if they were very antivax.

I don't discuss it before meeting

By *cottish guy 555Man 11 weeks ago

London

If they haven't had it I wouldn't know. If it did come up then I think it speaks more to that person's personality that they didn't have it.

It's a personality that I'd have little interest in getting to know.

Coventry

"If they haven't had it I wouldn't know. If it did come up then I think it speaks more to that person's personality that they didn't have it.

"

You think that an unvaccinated person has done something wrong?

By *rindnbumpCouple 11 weeks ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

"If they haven't had it I wouldn't know. If it did come up then I think it speaks more to that person's personality that they didn't have it.

"

Are you implying that vacinnated people have a better personality than unvaccinated people?

By *hagTonightMan 11 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

For a meet, it doesnt matter, it is not something that I would discuss about

By *icecouple561Couple 11 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't care if they're been vaccinated or not. If they cared about my vaccine status we probably wouldn't get on

By *ldgeezermeMan 11 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

I don't recall ever seeing a profile that said "won't meet unvaccinated", could be wrong though

Have definitely seen the contrary view

London

You think that an unvaccinated person has done something wrong?"

I said no such thing. I merely said that it would indicate someone that I wouldn't wish to get to know better. Obviously some people couldn't have it, but those who chose not to, for whatever reason, suggests personality traits that I probably wouldn't gel with.

Just an opinion and my own thoughts.

"I don't recall ever seeing a profile that said "won't meet unvaccinated", could be wrong though

Have definitely seen the contrary view"

We are not vacinnated and believe me there are / were people who would not meet us because of it x

London

Are you implying that vacinnated people have a better personality than unvaccinated people?"

Of course not, that would be ludicrous and a rather silly conclusion to leap to. My comment was more in the vein of people who go on about vaccines are probably not the best for me to have a laugh with.

And before anyone jumps in with, clearly you do as you commented, I rarely comment on anything in the virus forum. Covid is an emotive issue for me and I don't enjoy seeing some of the comments.

I only saw this from the main forum page and gave my opinion to the OP's question.

Conspiracy shit and judging people isn't my bag.

Are you implying that vacinnated people have a better personality than unvaccinated people?

Of course not, that would be ludicrous and a rather silly conclusion to leap to. My comment was more in the vein of people who go on about vaccines are probably not the best for me to have a laugh with.

And before anyone jumps in with, clearly you do as you commented, I rarely comment on anything in the virus forum. Covid is an emotive issue for me and I don't enjoy seeing some of the comments.

I only saw this from the main forum page and gave my opinion to the OP's question.

"

But you are judging people

By *espacito56Man 11 weeks ago

West Mainland, Orkney

You think that an unvaccinated person has done something wrong?

I said no such thing. I merely said that it would indicate someone that I wouldn't wish to get to know better. Obviously some people couldn't have it, but those who chose not to, for whatever reason, suggests personality traits that I probably wouldn't gel with.

Just an opinion and my own thoughts.

"

London

But you are judging people "

I did think that after I posted. I misspoke, what I should have said was that I don't publicly denigrate people based on opinions and choices they've formed and made.

I just choose not to engage.

By *I TwoCouple 11 weeks ago

all around

It's irrelevant now that COVID is under control but in general the anti vaxxers are not the sort of people we like to spend time with.

Not having the vaccine is one thing and fine, preaching conspiracy theories.. big no.

Coventry

I'm seeing 'conspiracy theories' popping up quite a bit?

I'm curious, do you always trust the government, and assume that they always have people's best interests at heart?

Where do you draw the line between tinfoil hat wearing lunatics, and those with a healthy level of independent scrutiny, who notice when things seem 'off'?

all around

"I'm seeing 'conspiracy theories' popping up quite a bit?

I'm curious, do you always trust the government, and assume that they always have people's best interests at heart?

Where do you draw the line between tinfoil hat wearing lunatics, and those with a healthy level of independent scrutiny, who notice when things seem 'off'?"

Anyone that's preaches their "opinions" regardless of being presented with facts is probably the worst but the ones who personally know dozens of people who died from the vaccine and nobody who got a slight cough from COVID as well.

No time for it, swinging is a release from reality and listening to that crap is too much like hard work, even if they do happen to be right occasionally.

By *naswingdressWoman 11 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Where do you draw the line between tinfoil hat wearing lunatics, and those with a healthy level of independent scrutiny, who notice when things seem 'off'?"

There's something I tend to notice.

Those who object to the term "conspiracy theorist" because their opponent must believe everything the government says, tend to be on the "lizard people are directing the world and everyone died of Covid vaccines in 2022" variety of, umm, independent thinker. The fact that they jump to "you always trust the government" is an indicator that it's they who can't tell the difference between "Hitler is alive and leading the lizard people" and "gee whiz, our politicians are full of shit".

Coventry

Where do you draw the line between tinfoil hat wearing lunatics, and those with a healthy level of independent scrutiny, who notice when things seem 'off'?

Those who object to the term "conspiracy theorist" because their opponent must believe everything the government says, tend to be on the "lizard people are directing the world and everyone died of Covid vaccines in 2022" variety of, umm, independent thinker. The fact that they jump to "you always trust the government" is an indicator that it's they who can't tell the difference between "Hitler is alive and leading the lizard people" and "gee whiz, our politicians are full of shit"."

That was a long winded deflection, and smacks of someone who's certain of their own correctness?

Manchester (she/her)

Those who object to the term "conspiracy theorist" because their opponent must believe everything the government says, tend to be on the "lizard people are directing the world and everyone died of Covid vaccines in 2022" variety of, umm, independent thinker. The fact that they jump to "you always trust the government" is an indicator that it's they who can't tell the difference between "Hitler is alive and leading the lizard people" and "gee whiz, our politicians are full of shit".

That was a long winded deflection, and smacks of someone who's certain of their own correctness?"

If you see it as deflection, then good for you. I see it as a reflection on the discussion at hand, and the nuances that may or may not be at play. Some people only see on/off - others of us see shades of grey and know a thing or two about analysing evidence.

As to whether I see myself as correct about conspiracy theories - yeah, I do. And as this is about people choosing to meet other people, my choice about who to meet is always correct, no matter what criteria might be put on it.

Coventry

That was a long winded deflection, and smacks of someone who's certain of their own correctness?

If you see it as deflection, then good for you. I see it as a reflection on the discussion at hand, and the nuances that may or may not be at play. Some people only see on/off - others of us see shades of grey and know a thing or two about analysing evidence.

As to whether I see myself as correct about conspiracy theories - yeah, I do. And as this is about people choosing to meet other people, my choice about who to meet is always correct, no matter what criteria might be put on it. "

You claim to think in shades of grey, yet immediately leapt in with assumptions about those who dislike the term 'conspiracy theory'.

I'd suggest that your thinking is a little more saturated with personal bias than you realise.

Manchester (she/her)

As to whether I see myself as correct about conspiracy theories - yeah, I do. And as this is about people choosing to meet other people, my choice about who to meet is always correct, no matter what criteria might be put on it.

You claim to think in shades of grey, yet immediately leapt in with assumptions about those who dislike the term 'conspiracy theory'.

I'd suggest that your thinking is a little more saturated with personal bias than you realise."

You know about a particular conclusion I've drawn. You don't know anything about it other than the brief interaction we've had here.

It could be a key premise at the end of my doctoral dissertation for all you know. The fact that I'm not giving you any credit doesn't say anything other than your arguments don't move me.

Call me whatever you want (within forum rules) - I'm unmoved. I have observed a correlation. Your objections don't change the correlation. If anything they tend to confirm it.

all around

So once again we go down the road of bickering.

As I said before, anyone that obsessed with anything other than swinging on a swinging site certainly isn't for us

London

The green arrow reveals a lot.

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 11 weeks ago

M20

Responding to your comment about trusting the government.

I’ve just checked these figures.

227,000 people have covid listed somewhere on their death certificate.

From the enquiry, figures dating to 5th May last year.

2012-2019 some 330,000 died prematurely because of austerity.

Austerity is still policy and still killing.

They blew the budget on bin bags with holes cut out for the nurses arms to go through.

That got rather dark.

Not sorry

Coventry

I'd suggest that your thinking is a little more saturated with personal bias than you realise.

You know about a particular conclusion I've drawn. You don't know anything about it other than the brief interaction we've had here.

It could be a key premise at the end of my doctoral dissertation for all you know. The fact that I'm not giving you any credit doesn't say anything other than your arguments don't move me.

Call me whatever you want (within forum rules) - I'm unmoved. I have observed a correlation. Your objections don't change the correlation. If anything they tend to confirm it."

Was that an appeal to authority I just read?

I'm making observations on what you're saying, I haven't played a hand myself, you however are dropping one card after another on the floor.

Manchester (she/her)

Call me whatever you want (within forum rules) - I'm unmoved. I have observed a correlation. Your objections don't change the correlation. If anything they tend to confirm it.

I'm making observations on what you're saying, I haven't played a hand myself, you however are dropping one card after another on the floor."

No, it wasn't an appeal to authority

You make it sound so deep. I'm just making an observation about people who defend conspiracy theorists. You make out like you're doing a study on me. Mate, I'm not that invested. Do whatever you like.

Coventry

I'm making observations on what you're saying, I haven't played a hand myself, you however are dropping one card after another on the floor.

No, it wasn't an appeal to authority

You make it sound so deep. I'm just making an observation about people who defend conspiracy theorists. You make out like you're doing a study on me. Mate, I'm not that invested. Do whatever you like."

You brought up that you had a doctorate, perhaps you were just kidding, but it came across very much like 'I'm more educated than you so stop arguing', which is an appeal to authority, in this case your own.

And I'm not defending conspiracy theorists, I'm pointing out that accusation is most often a cop out used to shut down those who don't go along with every narrative they're spun.

Manchester (she/her)

"

You brought up that you had a doctorate, perhaps you were just kidding, but it came across very much like 'I'm more educated than you so stop arguing', which is an appeal to authority, in this case your own.

And I'm not defending conspiracy theorists, I'm pointing out that accusation is most often a cop out used to shut down those who don't go along with every narrative they're spun."

I believe I said it might be a central tenet to a doctoral dissertation. That would indicate, if true, that I was working towards a doctorate, not that I have one. And it's not true. What I was saying was that you don't know what evidence I have to back it up. Which is true.

I am making an observation about those who made similar comments to the one you've made. You've done nothing to dissuade me of my observation. You're just trying to poke around at the edges and claiming it shows something about me. I think the only thing it shows about me is that I have opinions of people who have views on conspiracy theories/ theorists. Which I think anyone who's looked at my output for 30 seconds could tell you.

Coventry

"

And I'm not defending conspiracy theorists, I'm pointing out that accusation is most often a cop out used to shut down those who don't go along with every narrative they're spun.

I believe I said it might be a central tenet to a doctoral dissertation. That would indicate, if true, that I was working towards a doctorate, not that I have one. And it's not true. What I was saying was that you don't know what evidence I have to back it up. Which is true.

I am making an observation about those who made similar comments to the one you've made. You've done nothing to dissuade me of my observation. You're just trying to poke around at the edges and claiming it shows something about me. I think the only thing it shows about me is that I have opinions of people who have views on conspiracy theories/ theorists. Which I think anyone who's looked at my output for 30 seconds could tell you."

Again you've gone back to conspiracy theories, you've already concluded that's what these people are and you're refusing to back off from it, which highlights to me that you're a closer to being a black and white thinker yourself than you realise.

Your replies may be verbose, but that's not hiding this plain and simple trait about yourself that you're displaying repeatedly.

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 11 weeks ago

leeds

We bought caught alpha early on and recorved so felt no need for a vaccine to fight off a weaker variant simple as that wifes position at work nearly came down to the jab or sack and she stood her grounds on the facts it didnt stop the spread and she had already had it, luckily a smart anesthetist on the news pointed out the mandate werent effective and they revoked it

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 11 weeks ago

leeds

**both caught **

Manchester (she/her)

"

I am making an observation about those who made similar comments to the one you've made. You've done nothing to dissuade me of my observation. You're just trying to poke around at the edges and claiming it shows something about me. I think the only thing it shows about me is that I have opinions of people who have views on conspiracy theories/ theorists. Which I think anyone who's looked at my output for 30 seconds could tell you.

Again you've gone back to conspiracy theories, you've already concluded that's what these people are and you're refusing to back off from it, which highlights to me that you're a closer to being a black and white thinker yourself than you realise.

Your replies may be verbose, but that's not hiding this plain and simple trait about yourself that you're displaying repeatedly."

Given that my entire interaction in this thread has been about your comment beginning "I'm seeing 'conspiracy theories' popping up quite a bit?", then why is it surprising that I'm talking about conspiracy theories?

My entire contribution in this thread is about people who conflate all conspiracy theories as independent thinking.

Also, might this thread indicate that I have a low opinion of conspiracy mongering, those who think they know more than scientists, those who follow online gurus, etc? Shock. I am shocked. So shocked. This is so unlike anything I have ever written and I am devastated that I might be deprived of such worthy, suitable, intelligent suitors. (Please read the entire preceding paragraph with dripping sarcasm )

all around

"Responding to your comment about trusting the government.

They blew the budget on bin bags with holes cut out for the nurses arms to go through.

That got rather dark.

Not sorry"

Did you do projections for the likely number of deaths without lockdowns and vaccines ?

By *melie LALWoman 11 weeks ago

Peterborough

You think that an unvaccinated person has done something wrong?"

The poster stated nothing to suggest that.

By *rowley616Man 11 weeks ago

Scarborough

I don't care. No one ever cared if someone had their childhood vacations. I have never been asked before covid.

Your medical history is no one else's concern.

By *obleroneToShareMan 11 weeks ago

Cypress Avenue, nr Bristol

"Responding to your comment about trusting the government.

That got rather dark.

Not sorry

Did you do projections for the likely number of deaths without lockdowns and vaccines ?

"

According to a report published by Professor Neil Ferguson's team at Imperial College London, the coronavirus pandemic could have caused 40 million deaths in 2020 if left unchecked.

His previous predictions have been spot on

By *ools and the brainCouple 11 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"I don't recall ever seeing a profile that said "won't meet unvaccinated", could be wrong though

I've seen plenty that won't meet vaccinated people.

By *lym4realCouple 11 weeks ago

plymouth

Who really cares ?? and no one elses business anyways if you have had or not had it surely ?? and if people are happy with their choices despite whatever we may think about them ? so we have no problems it's the one who try and ram their opinion's either for or against we find a major turn off though ! and perhaps people should watch "Breathtaking" and then ....mabe ??

all around

I've seen plenty that won't meet vaccinated people."

I think you've seen plenty of people that SAY they won't meet vaccinated people lol

By *ools and the brainCouple 11 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I think you've seen plenty of people that SAY they won't meet vaccinated people lol"

Am I being thick isn't that what I said lol

all around

I think you've seen plenty of people that SAY they won't meet vaccinated people lol

Am I being thick isn't that what I said lol "

Subtle difference lol

By *melie LALWoman 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

Am I being thick isn't that what I said lol "

They probably end up meeting vaccinated, otherwise it's unlikely they'll get sex

By *lik and PaulCouple 10 weeks ago

Flagrante

"Years later, with the pressure off and the vaccines now subject to a level of scrutiny which was once outlawed, how important to you is it that your meets have had it?"

I wasn't aware that there was a law passed that banned vaccine scrutiny?? In answer to your question though for swinging sex it's never mattered but when developing friendships it makes sense to to have similar outlooks in life.

By *alandNitaCouple 10 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

So far vaccination status isn't something that has come in in interactions with potential meets.

If this is something that's extremely important to them, it's unlikely that we would be on the same wavelength.

Nita

By *obleroneToShareMan 10 weeks ago

They probably end up meeting vaccinated, otherwise it's unlikely they'll get sex

"

Are you saying the vaccinated are a last resort?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Durham

Are you saying the vaccinated are a last resort? "

I think what she is saying is that are virtually no unvaccinated adults in the uk. If they didn't meet vaccinated people they would be fishing from a very small pool.

Peterborough

Are you saying the vaccinated are a last resort? "

Only resort more like it considering well over 90% have had at least one vaccine.

Peterborough

I think what she is saying is that are virtually no unvaccinated adults in the uk. If they didn't meet vaccinated people they would be fishing from a very small pool."

This

Only resort more like it considering well over 90% have had at least one vaccine. "

Quality over quantity

Peterborough

Only resort more like it considering well over 90% have had at least one vaccine.

Quality over quantity "

Ha, you reckon

By *hastityPleasureGiverMan 10 weeks ago

Rotherham

The vaccine was designed and tested to protect you and you alone not the other person so it shouldn't matter if they have had it or not

Peterborough

"The vaccine was designed and tested to protect you and you alone not the other person so it shouldn't matter if they have had it or not "

Herd immunity is a thing. It was to get a high uptake of vaccine.

No longer relevant (due to global exposure of the virus, high uptake of vaccine and mutations with less severity.

Only the elderly, vulnerable and patient facing workers are encouraged/ meet criteria for the NHS COVID vaccine.

Rotherham

"The vaccine was designed and tested to protect you and you alone not the other person so it shouldn't matter if they have had it or not "

Just had a private message from an individual who decided I was wrong and should be told..evn though the drug companies confirmed it was only designed and tested for self protection ( I never said if it would or wouldn't help others just that's not it's purpose ) he then blocked me lol .

Peterborough

I wish there wasn't the option to reply privately. I don't want messages from people who do not know what they are talking about.

Put it here or shut up!

Rotherham

"I wish there wasn't the option to reply privately. I don't want messages from people who do not know what they are talking about.

Put it here or shut up!"

Are you suggesting he wasn't a PhD in virology with numerous peer reviewed papers on the subject , and just someone who reads the free metro newspaper on the bus everyday . I'm shocked

By *I TwoCouple 10 weeks ago

all around

[Removed by poster at 25/02/24 19:55:30]

By *asygoingcouple2022Couple 10 weeks ago

The moon

It’s people’s choice if they get vaccinated all that matters on a meet is having fun, I’m vaxed but that’s to protect me no one else!

By *asygoingcouple2022Couple 10 weeks ago

The moon

What a donkey!

Peterborough

"I wish there wasn't the option to reply privately. I don't want messages from people who do not know what they are talking about.

Put it here or shut up!

Are you suggesting he wasn't a PhD in virology with numerous peer reviewed papers on the subject , and just someone who reads the free metro newspaper on the bus everyday . I'm shocked

"

Are you suggesting I'm not?

By *izandpaulCouple 10 weeks ago

merseyside

"Years later, with the pressure off and the vaccines now subject to a level of scrutiny which was once outlawed, how important to you is it that your meets have had it?"

Of no importance whatsoever.

An ability not to bang on about vaccine or medicine in general is a great reward.

That's where forum posts are handy, we do tend to give them a quick glance before arranging any meet.

By *orty-coupleCouple 10 weeks ago

Leyland

I find it so difficult to believe that there is a small minority who even after what’s come out in the wash about vaccines and still coming out, seen to still hate on us none vaxxed.

I found pro vaxxers certainty far more nasty bunch than us anti vax.

Of course that’s is all just my humble opinion.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

wtf are you talking about. Scrutiny was never outlawed - they even had a whole department specifically for collecting data around reports about vaccine side effects

"Years later, with the pressure off and the vaccines now subject to a level of scrutiny which was once outlawed, how important to you is it that your meets have had it?

wtf are you talking about. Scrutiny was never outlawed - they even had a whole department specifically for collecting data around reports about vaccine side effects "

Collecting data and scrutiny are different things.

Remember the government are liable for any vaccine side effects because the vaccine manufacturers have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.

It's in the government's own interests not to scrutinise the data too much.

Follow the money.

By *orset.JMan 10 weeks ago

Weymouth

Whilst not saying vaccine reactions don’t happen- they do and unfortunately there are those who have severe and life altering consequences. But these numbers are relatively small and the overall benefits of against Covid are immense.

Consider also- the vast information ( particularly the pathology) we have gained from non human primates . Covid is a serious threat to their existence but also at a cellular level from studies we can see , particularly in Lung and brain pathology ( Lewy bodies in Macaques which are a precursor to Parkinson’s) on the long term threat Covid poses to the human population as genetically they are our closest relative. Covid vaccines now are be rolled out for captive primates world wide.

Vaccination can reduce viral load which in turn reduces the risk of onward transmission ( and R) so it is still and important tool in reducing in lowering infection rates within the human population but little is talked about spread from human to other animals and the risk of reverse zoonosis ( which is already happening in some cases). Ferrets have been well documented but the real risk is probably coming from non human primates- natures way of fighting back- we give them Covid and they potentially give is back a real nasty strain.

By *ldgeezermeMan 10 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"Years later, with the pressure off and the vaccines now subject to a level of scrutiny which was once outlawed, how important to you is it that your meets have had it?

wtf are you talking about. Scrutiny was never outlawed - they even had a whole department specifically for collecting data around reports about vaccine side effects

Collecting data and scrutiny are different things.

Remember the government are liable for any vaccine side effects because the vaccine manufacturers have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.

It's in the government's own interests not to scrutinise the data too much.

Follow the money."

Including the dollars per click money

By *adysueandneroCouple 10 weeks ago

witney

I don't think there is a vaccine or drug that doesn’t have any risk.

Why is covid vaccines still an issue when even asprin can have serious side effects in some people?

By *rill PhilMan 10 weeks ago

Crediton

I don't judge on things like that. It's up to the individual what goes into their body.

I know several people who refused to get it and only one of them is generally anti-vaccine.

Mostly, it seems that they didn't want an experimental concoction injected into their bloodstream, which is a perfectly reasonable position.

As someone who is generally pretty skeptical myself I am disappointed that I accepted the vaccine without question.

I think, if you're judging people based on that choice, you may be a bit narrow minded.

By *lym4realCouple 10 weeks ago

plymouth

The old myth about it being Experiemental ?? and more health problems related to the birth control pill ?? or even off the shelf pain killing meds ?? and the list goes just proof if it was needed a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and just because something is repeated doesn't make it true though ?? and bit like the jab that caused Austism ??? but didn't ...

Crediton

[Removed by poster at 26/02/24 14:09:09]

Crediton

" The old myth about it being Experiemental ?? and more health problems related to the birth control pill ?? or even off the shelf pain killing meds ?? and the list goes just proof if it was needed a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and just because something is repeated doesn't make it true though ?? and bit like the jab that caused Austism ??? but didn't ... "

The fact it was experimental isn't a myth.

The idea that it's resulted in deaths is dubious but, certainly worth debating (amongst people who know what they're talking about!)

And your other argument cuts both ways... repeating that the vacvine was 100% safe also doesn't make it true.

The whole "vaccines cause autism" thing has been utterly debunked, the safety (or lack thereof) with the convid vaccine hasn't.

I took the vaccine, I've had no negative effects from it but, I'm not going to tell people who have (and some definitely have) that they're deluded.

I do think it's more than a little interesting that two of the major vaccine providers/creators have now openly admitted that they knew it wouldn't stop infection or even slow the spread which is how they sold it to us.

By *adysueandneroCouple 10 weeks ago

witney

We wouldn't have a problem meeting unvaccinated people it's their choice. But covid is still around and they have to to live with the risk.

"We wouldn't have a problem meeting unvaccinated people it's their choice. But covid is still around and they have to to live with the risk. "

The risk of what?

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 10 weeks ago

leeds

"I find it so difficult to believe that there is a small minority who even after what’s come out in the wash about vaccines and still coming out, seen to still hate on us none vaxxed.

I found pro vaxxers certainty far more nasty bunch than us anti vax.

Of course that’s is all just my humble opinion.

"

So true, i were a murdering anti vax killer in the early days because im fit and healthy and didnt feel the need for it, got told that people like me should be refused help when im dying from covid, same person now is housebound and seriously ill unfortunatly as are many others.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Central

"We wouldn't have a problem meeting unvaccinated people it's their choice. But covid is still around and they have to to live with the risk.

The risk of what?"

Being more seriously ill or losing their life, as well as potentially infecting more other people, to those risks too. Despite not being promoted as such, there's evidence that the unvaccinated can be more infectious and for longer, than the vaccinated.

Despite this, millions of doses will be disposed of potentially, by the UK government this year

leeds

Natural imunity lasts far longer than the vaxines effects do

"We wouldn't have a problem meeting unvaccinated people it's their choice. But covid is still around and they have to to live with the risk.

The risk of what?

Being more seriously ill or losing their life, as well as potentially infecting more other people, to those risks too. Despite not being promoted as such, there's evidence that the unvaccinated can be more infectious and for longer, than the vaccinated.

Despite this, millions of doses will be disposed of potentially, by the UK government this year "

Infecting other people who've had the COVID-19 vaccination(s)?

all around

"Natural imunity lasts far longer than the vaxines effects do "

Where's the trial data ?

"Natural imunity lasts far longer than the vaxines effects do

Where's the trial data ?"

Plenty of studies show rapid waning of vaccine effectiveness (VE) following immunisation. Other studies show that boosters following the primary course substantially increased protection, but that protection waned over time.

If your last jab was over 100 days ago you'd better book the next one. FOMO is a recognised side effect of the COVID-19 vaccinations

By *ad NannaWoman 10 weeks ago

East London

Isn't it only the people with compromised immune systems that are offered the vaccine now?

I don't even think about it now.

By *lik and PaulCouple 10 weeks ago

Flagrante

"Isn't it only the people with compromised immune systems that are offered the vaccine now?

I don't even think about it now.

"

This plus over 65s or caring for immune compromised I think.

leeds

Last 3 years were the trial

By *r_reus OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Coventry

Where's the trial data ?"

The last 60000+ years

all around

Where's the trial data ?

The last 60000+ years"

As I thought

By *wesomeLolaCouple 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

"According to a report published by Professor Neil Ferguson's team at Imperial College London, the coronavirus pandemic could have caused 40 million deaths in 2020 if left unchecked.

His previous predictions have been spot on "

I can't tell whether you wrote this tongue-in-cheek, or whether you are just totally wrong. The truth is that all his models have been wildly inaccurate and always on the pessimistic side. Here are some examples of his previous modelling:

2001 Foot and Mouth disease, predicted 150,000 human deaths, actual deaths fewer than 200.

2002 BSE, predicted 50,000 deaths, actual deaths were 177.

2005 Bird Flu, prediction 150 million deaths, actual deaths 282 worldwide.

2009 Swine Flu, worst case scenario 65,000 deaths in UK, end result 457 deaths.

Why did we believe his predictions for COVID, and why does anyone still listen to him?

"According to a report published by Professor Neil Ferguson's team at Imperial College London, the coronavirus pandemic could have caused 40 million deaths in 2020 if left unchecked.

I can't tell whether you wrote this tongue-in-cheek, or whether you are just totally wrong. The truth is that all his models have been wildly inaccurate and always on the pessimistic side. Here are some examples of his previous modelling:

2001 Foot and Mouth disease, predicted 150,000 human deaths, actual deaths fewer than 200.

Why did we believe his predictions for COVID, and why does anyone still listen to him?"

His earlier attempts at modelling were only slightly inaccurate. His modelling for COVID-19 was a textbook example of following the money, I mean science!

He was also a key witness at the COVID-19 enquiry.

He deserves a life peerage at the very least.

By *heffielderCouple 10 weeks ago

sheffield

Where's the trial data ?

The last 60000+ years

As I thought "

Hold your horses..

"The protection provided by vaccination against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection wanes over time, diminishing by a quarter to a third in 6 months. The protection from symptomatic reinfection provided by previous infection wanes at a slower rate, with only slight declines seen at 12 months."

Google Durability of Vaccine-Induced and Natural Immunity Against COVID-19: A Narrative Review - PUBMED

By *heffielderCouple 10 weeks ago

sheffield

Why did we believe his predictions for COVID, and why does anyone still listen to him?

His earlier attempts at modelling were only slightly inaccurate. His modelling for COVID-19 was a textbook example of following the money, I mean science!

He deserves a life peerage at the very least."

He also broke the lockdown rules he helped to create. Total disgrace.

He deserves a life peerage at the very least.

He also broke the lockdown rules he helped to create. Total disgrace."

Total disgrace should never be a barrier to reward in public office or academia. It is an enabler!

By *heCockChefWoman 10 weeks ago

Nearby

Not at all

By *orset.JMan 10 weeks ago

Weymouth

[Removed by poster at 27/02/24 08:53:26]

Newcastle, Throckley

Why did we believe his predictions for COVID, and why does anyone still listen to him?"

His predictions assumed no intervention occurred

Modelling is an inexact science, and never predicts a single number, but guess what? The worst case is always the headline

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/08/britains-covid-experts-neil-ferguson-sage-are-under-attack-but-they-are-just-doing-their-jobs

Ev

By *lizaDayWoman 10 weeks ago

Wigan

I think what she is saying is that are virtually no unvaccinated adults in the uk. If they didn't meet vaccinated people they would be fishing from a very small pool."

We are fishing from a very small pool but I'm ok with that.

all around

I think what she is saying is that are virtually no unvaccinated adults in the uk. If they didn't meet vaccinated people they would be fishing from a very small pool. We are fishing from a very small pool but I'm ok with that. "

So, I'm very interested as to what proof you require ?

Is there a detection system available?

all around

At any stage were BSE, Bird or Swine flu already killing 1000+ a day with deaths having doubled every 3 days until restrictions were brought in ?

By *oquars19458Man 10 weeks ago

sheffield

At any stage were BSE, Bird or Swine flu already killing 1000+ a day with deaths having doubled every 3 days until restrictions were brought in ?"

I cant recollect bse and bird flu being recorded for any reason within 28 days

Peterborough

I think what she is saying is that are virtually no unvaccinated adults in the uk. If they didn't meet vaccinated people they would be fishing from a very small pool. We are fishing from a very small pool but I'm ok with that. "

A puddle

By *undee2Man 10 weeks ago

Dundee

I am classed as vulnerable and even now I still where masks outside and use sanitiser. I don't go into any shops except wide aisled, slow footfall stores such as DIY stores. I haven't been in a normal shop or supermarket for four years. I no longer get vaccinated. It was Astra zeneca or nothing for me. I was fastidious about meets

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 10 weeks ago

Reading

"I am classed as vulnerable and even now I still where masks outside and use sanitiser. I don't go into any shops except wide aisled, slow footfall stores such as DIY stores. I haven't been in a normal shop or supermarket for four years. I no longer get vaccinated. It was Astra zeneca or nothing for me. I was fastidious about meets "

But you’ve had two meets within the last two years……

By *iss SinWoman 10 weeks ago

portchester

"I am classed as vulnerable and even now I still where masks outside and use sanitiser. I don't go into any shops except wide aisled, slow footfall stores such as DIY stores. I haven't been in a normal shop or supermarket for four years. I no longer get vaccinated. It was Astra zeneca or nothing for me. I was fastidious about meets "

This is sad

all around

"I am classed as vulnerable and even now I still where masks outside and use sanitiser. I don't go into any shops except wide aisled, slow footfall stores such as DIY stores. I haven't been in a normal shop or supermarket for four years. I no longer get vaccinated. It was Astra zeneca or nothing for me. I was fastidious about meets

But you’ve had two meets within the last two years…… "

Fastidious means careful

, it doesn't mean he didn't have any

By *hors fantasyCouple 10 weeks ago

Blackpool

One of us is, one of us isn’t, one of us is ill all the time now and one isn’t boob pictures for the first person to guess who is who

By *romiscuouscplCouple 10 weeks ago

d

"One of us is, one of us isn’t, one of us is ill all the time now and one isn’t boob pictures for the first person to guess who is who"

What a stupid thing to say and if you can't understand why it shows your maturity level is below average.

By *ackformore100Man 10 weeks ago

Tin town

When did it become acceptable to enquire if strangers such personal information? If I was in the game, i wouldn't ask. So no significant. Can't think of many topics as divisive as covid vaccines ri discuss with a stranger.

Tin town

I wonder how Honest people are when there's a bunk up to be had?

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Tbh it wouldn't bother me whether they were vaccinated or not....once they wouldn't meet while having a contagious virus.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Chichester

I don’t care either way

By *hors fantasyCouple 10 weeks ago

Blackpool

"What a stupid thing to say and if you can't understand why it shows your maturity level is below average."

So it’s immature to look at the clear evidence I have witnessed, then come to a conclusion based on the data I have available but your blind faith in the government to the point you call people stupid is mature?

all around

"One of us is, one of us isn’t, one of us is ill all the time now and one isn’t boob pictures for the first person to guess who is who"

So your making a conclusion on a sample size of 2

Tin town

"One of us is, one of us isn’t, one of us is ill all the time now and one isn’t boob pictures for the first person to guess who is who

So your making a conclusion on a sample size of 2 "

No they aren't. Just stating their experiences.

Wigan

[Removed by poster at 29/02/24 11:39:19]

Wigan

I think what she is saying is that are virtually no unvaccinated adults in the uk. If they didn't meet vaccinated people they would be fishing from a very small pool. We are fishing from a very small pool but I'm ok with that.

A puddle "

But not a muddy one at least. lol

By *ools and the brainCouple 10 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Personally I wouldn't trust anyone who had the vaccine on a tuesday.we all know Tuesday is the devil's day.

Newcastle, Throckley

I think what she is saying is that are virtually no unvaccinated adults in the uk. If they didn't meet vaccinated people they would be fishing from a very small pool. We are fishing from a very small pool but I'm ok with that.

A puddle "

By *espacito56Man 10 weeks ago

West Mainland, Orkney

I wouldn't even think to ask. I've always been fully vaxxed, and can't honestly understand why anybody wouldn't be, but it isn't something I'd fret about.

all around

A puddle

"

A puddle at the end of a rainbow ??

By *ust RachelTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Eastbourne

There have been a few profiles stating that in the past.

By *ackformore100Man 9 weeks ago

Tin town

There have been a few profiles stating that in the past."

I'm sure I saw one that said will only meet people who have had their polio, mmr, hpv, cholera, hep B and yellow fever vaccines. Though maybe I dreamed the yellow fever bit.

By *piritual unicorn seekersCouple 9 weeks ago

Wakefield

We’re proudly unvaccinated and would only interact with the same. Check the governments own data on the yellow card system of adverse reactions and death from MRNA vaccines.

Over 500,000… more than all the previous vaccines ever administered.

the data doesn’t lie.

Just our opinion from information gathered. No wish to offend ??

By *I TwoCouple 9 weeks ago

all around

"We’re proudly unvaccinated and would only interact with the same. Check the governments own data on the yellow card system of adverse reactions and death from MRNA vaccines.

the data doesn’t lie.

Just our opinion from information gathered. No wish to offend ??"

Happy for ya.

Did you read the yellow card data ?

Someone got sat on by an elephant after being vaccinated and another was hit by an electric scooter lol

Raw data ... Not useful

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 9 weeks ago

Reading

"We’re proudly unvaccinated and would only interact with the same. Check the governments own data on the yellow card system of adverse reactions and death from MRNA vaccines.

the data doesn’t lie.

Just our opinion from information gathered. No wish to offend ??"

How would you know that someone was unvaccinated?

By *obleroneToShareMan 9 weeks ago

the data doesn’t lie.

Happy for ya.

Someone got sat on by an elephant after being vaccinated and another was hit by an electric scooter lol

Raw data ... Not useful"

Yawn. Is that all you can come up with?

You should read some of the ridiculous insurance claims.

It doesn't mean the genuine claims never happened.

the data doesn’t lie.

How would you know that someone was unvaccinated? "

Because the vaccinated are like vegetarians/vegans, they tell you they are.

the data doesn’t lie.

Happy for ya.

Raw data ... Not useful"

So you're now "making a conclusion on a sample size of 2"?

Tin town

the data doesn’t lie.

Happy for ya.

Raw data ... Not useful

"

It suits the argument

By *ldgeezermeMan 9 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

the data doesn’t lie.

How would you know that someone was unvaccinated? "

The purebloods know

Reading

the data doesn’t lie.

Because the vaccinated are like vegetarians/vegans, they tell you they are. "

But, how would you know they were telling the truth? Would yyou ask to see their NHS App?

By *owthen99Man 9 weeks ago

Attenborough

I didn't get the convid jabs, just because my neighbour got one and had a heart attack 2days later she's not been right since bless her, also many of my elderly neighbours who received said jab are no longer with us, some still are, Placebos, but many didn't, I could go on about the countless people I've spoken to, or know that either know people who have died or had health problems ever since the jabs, no conspiracy just reality,also those who have had jabs and no issues your the lucky placebos, also those who are still talking about or catching the old convid are all the jabbed one's, so just my six pennies worth! Also went abroad twice through convid no jabs no convid even the doctor in Ibiza in 2022 said to me he's glad I didn't take the jab when I told him he knew, also just go and check out a place called r u m ble,and look for a documentary called died suddenly that will certainly open your eyes wide open!

Tin town

the data doesn’t lie.

But, how would you know they were telling the truth? Would yyou ask to see their NHS App? "

Az are bringing out a test kit to identify those who have had one of their vaccines... To go next to the vaccine, that way they cover all bases.

all around

the data doesn’t lie.

Happy for ya.

Raw data ... Not useful

"

Take your pick, thousands fell down the stairs or got hiccups

Newcastle, Throckley

"I didn't get the convid jabs, just because my neighbour got one and had a heart attack 2days later she's not been right since bless her, also many of my elderly neighbours who received said jab are no longer with us, some still are, Placebos, but many didn't, I could go on about the countless people I've spoken to, or know that either know people who have died or had health problems ever since the jabs, no conspiracy just reality,also those who have had jabs and no issues your the lucky placebos, also those who are still talking about or catching the old convid are all the jabbed one's, so just my six pennies worth! Also went abroad twice through convid no jabs no convid even the doctor in Ibiza in 2022 said to me he's glad I didn't take the jab when I told him he knew, also just go and check out a place called r u m ble,and look for a documentary called died suddenly that will certainly open your eyes wide open! "

So anyone who had no problems with the vaccine received placebos?

the data doesn’t lie.

But, how would you know they were telling the truth? Would yyou ask to see their NHS App? "

Is the NHS app still going?

By *melie LALWoman 9 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I didn't get the convid jabs, just because my neighbour got one and had a heart attack 2days later she's not been right since bless her, also many of my elderly neighbours who received said jab are no longer with us, some still are, Placebos, but many didn't, I could go on about the countless people I've spoken to, or know that either know people who have died or had health problems ever since the jabs, no conspiracy just reality,also those who have had jabs and no issues your the lucky placebos, also those who are still talking about or catching the old convid are all the jabbed one's, so just my six pennies worth! Also went abroad twice through convid no jabs no convid even the doctor in Ibiza in 2022 said to me he's glad I didn't take the jab when I told him he knew, also just go and check out a place called r u m ble,and look for a documentary called died suddenly that will certainly open your eyes wide open! "

WTF, one woman sits down before she faints, another faints.

Newcastle, Throckley

"I didn't get the convid jabs, just because my neighbour got one and had a heart attack 2days later she's not been right since bless her, also many of my elderly neighbours who received said jab are no longer with us, some still are, Placebos, but many didn't, I could go on about the countless people I've spoken to, or know that either know people who have died or had health problems ever since the jabs, no conspiracy just reality,also those who have had jabs and no issues your the lucky placebos, also those who are still talking about or catching the old convid are all the jabbed one's, so just my six pennies worth! Also went abroad twice through convid no jabs no convid even the doctor in Ibiza in 2022 said to me he's glad I didn't take the jab when I told him he knew, also just go and check out a place called r u m ble,and look for a documentary called died suddenly that will certainly open your eyes wide open!

WTF, one woman sits down before she faints, another faints."

Here's one of his previous posts, I'll leave it to others to draw conclusions:

"End goal 500 million by 2030, why do you think they destroyed the Georgia guidance stones? Because there whole plans were clearly marked out on them! Wake up people shake up food shortages are on there way! You have been warned!"

Peterborough

Ethics govern research. The use of placebos in research is legal providing informed consent is gained. If you have proof there were placebos once vaccination had begun, you'd earn a lot of money making documentaries.

all around

"I didn't get the convid jabs, just because my neighbour got one and had a heart attack 2days later she's not been right since bless her, also many of my elderly neighbours who received said jab are no longer with us, some still are, Placebos, but many didn't, I could go on about the countless people I've spoken to, or know that either know people who have died or had health problems ever since the jabs, no conspiracy just reality,also those who have had jabs and no issues your the lucky placebos, also those who are still talking about or catching the old convid are all the jabbed one's, so just my six pennies worth! Also went abroad twice through convid no jabs no convid even the doctor in Ibiza in 2022 said to me he's glad I didn't take the jab when I told him he knew, also just go and check out a place called r u m ble,and look for a documentary called died suddenly that will certainly open your eyes wide open!

So anyone who had no problems with the vaccine received placebos?"

Yep, one lady farted for a week ... SERIOUSLY!!

Another got pregnant without having sex

all around

182757 had a "sore arm"

Another got pregnant without having sex "

What are you on about?

The question was if anyone who had no problems with the vaccine received placebos.

Reading

the data doesn’t lie.

But, how would you know they were telling the truth? Would yyou ask to see their NHS App?

Is the NHS app still going?"

No idea, so to reiterate, how would anyone know others vaccine status?

Reading

Another got pregnant without having sex "

Sorry, I’d had lots of beans that week

Attenborough

Ethics govern research. The use of placebos in research is legal providing informed consent is gained. If you have proof there were placebos once vaccination had begun, you'd earn a lot of money making documentaries."

It's common fact that a percentage have to be placebos!

Attenborough

"End goal 500 million by 2030, why do you think they destroyed the Georgia guidance stones? Because there whole plans were clearly marked out on them! Wake up people shake up food shortages are on there way! You have been warned!""

Absolutely

Attenborough

So anyone who had no problems with the vaccine received placebos?"

Absolutely

By *naswingdressWoman 9 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"End goal 500 million by 2030, why do you think they destroyed the Georgia guidance stones? Because there whole plans were clearly marked out on them! Wake up people shake up food shortages are on there way! You have been warned!""

The whole story of the Georgia Guidestones is a trip, man. I recommend it.

all around

What are you on about?

The question was if anyone who had no problems with the vaccine received placebos.

"

The answer is the one that suits your agenda of course.

For some it's yes and for some it's no

As for reality the "truth" would be like insisting playmates are unvaccinated and believing the answer

Maybe it's time to live for today and tomorrow instead of being worried what someone did or didn't do in the past.

Peterborough

Ethics govern research. The use of placebos in research is legal providing informed consent is gained. If you have proof there were placebos once vaccination had begun, you'd earn a lot of money making documentaries.

It's common fact that a percentage have to be placebos!"

BS as ingredients have to be identified and offered to the recipient.

What are you on about?

As for reality the "truth" would be like insisting playmates are unvaccinated and believing the answer

Maybe it's time to live for today and tomorrow instead of being worried what someone did or didn't do in the past."

What has that got to do with placebos? Are you feeling okay?

What are you on about?

Maybe it's time to live for today and tomorrow instead of being worried what someone did or didn't do in the past."

What has that got to do with placebos? Are you feeling okay?

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

If they didnt have it at the time then they are probably someone who i wouldnt share values with but not really important on here

By *arley QuimWoman 9 weeks ago

Somewhere

Cracking... In other news I paid to have my hep Jabs, as I work in an environment where it's logistically highly likely I'll get a needle stick injury. I got my jabs, because I'm not foolish, and don't want to potentially shorten my lifespan... If you got bit by a cat, or stood on a nail. And didn't have an up to date tetanus shot. Would you decline it? Just because new vaccines emerge isn't a reason to be suspicious. HPV is relatively new, and will decline cancer for millions.

Newcastle, Throckley

What are you on about?

Maybe it's time to live for today and tomorrow instead of being worried what someone did or didn't do in the past.

What has that got to do with placebos? Are you feeling okay?"

Say again

Newcastle, Throckley

Absolutely "

Anti-vaxxers, he's one of yours

all around

Absolutely

Anti-vaxxers, he's one of yours"

You know that gif where the woman takes a drink and spits it out laughing.......

Attenborough

BS as ingredients have to be identified and offered to the recipient."

Not BS my dear absolute fact who actually read what was going into there arms???

Attenborough

Cracking... In other news I paid to have my hep Jabs, as I work in an environment where it's logistically highly likely I'll get a needle stick injury. I got my jabs, because I'm not foolish, and don't want to potentially shorten my lifespan... If you got bit by a cat, or stood on a nail. And didn't have an up to date tetanus shot. Would you decline it? Just because new vaccines emerge isn't a reason to be suspicious. HPV is relatively new, and will decline cancer for millions. "

cancers are on the rise since the convid jabs were rolled out, also that is totally different to the convid jabs there was an agenda behind it if you know you know, if you don't and want to remain ignorant and not see other people's side to things that's up to you but I am happy with my decision and so should you be

Reading

Cracking... In other news I paid to have my hep Jabs, as I work in an environment where it's logistically highly likely I'll get a needle stick injury. I got my jabs, because I'm not foolish, and don't want to potentially shorten my lifespan... If you got bit by a cat, or stood on a nail. And didn't have an up to date tetanus shot. Would you decline it? Just because new vaccines emerge isn't a reason to be suspicious. HPV is relatively new, and will decline cancer for millions.

cancers are on the rise since the convid jabs were rolled out, also that is totally different to the convid jabs there was an agenda behind it if you know you know, if you don't and want to remain ignorant and not see other people's side to things that's up to you but I am happy with my decision and so should you be "

Hugely insulting to anyone who’s been arguing with the coward that is cancer, also hugely inaccurate. Please take a look in the mirror

Peterborough

BS as ingredients have to be identified and offered to the recipient.

Not BS my dear absolute fact who actually read what was going into there arms???"

I do!

So prove your claim!

By *piritual unicorn seekersCouple 9 weeks ago

Wakefield

EVERYONE knows, but it’s easier to deceive a man, than to convince a man he’s been deceived.

Many cognitive and egocentric biases at play here… most will never admit that they were fooled into taking something that had been rushed (vaccines typically take 10-15 years to develop, not 9 months!) through and not tested at best, or was already previously developed for something much more sinister.

Do you have the strength of heart to question whether the people in control of the world have your best interests at heart?

Turn off you tv and social media, it’s manipulating your mind into believing their painfully obvious lies.

Just our opinion of course ??

By *illynillyCouple 9 weeks ago

Wiltshire

A friend of ours is blaming the vaccine on her ill health, the fact that she's over weight, does very little manually, smokes, pretty much a functional alcoholic is irrelevant to her...

I think people can blame what ever they choose to fit the narrative...

all around

"EVERYONE knows, but it’s easier to deceive a man, than to convince a man he’s been deceived.

Many cognitive and egocentric biases at play here… most will never admit that they were fooled into taking something that had been rushed (vaccines typically take 10-15 years to develop, not 9 months!) through and not tested at best, or was already previously developed for something much more sinister.

Do you have the strength of heart to question whether the people in control of the world have your best interests at heart?

Turn off you tv and social media, it’s manipulating your mind into believing their painfully obvious lies.

Just our opinion of course ??"

I'd certainly agree with your second to last paragraph, especially YouTube amateur scientists and "doctors '

FYI mRNA took 30 years to develop so in guessing by your high standards it's safe as a vaccine

Newcastle, Throckley

"EVERYONE knows, but it’s easier to deceive a man, than to convince a man he’s been deceived.

Just our opinion of course ??"

How are your cognitive and egocentric biases playing out?

By *r_reus OP   Man 9 weeks ago

Coventry

How are your cognitive and egocentric biases playing out?"

Try thinking about what they're saying rather than jerk your knees in response.

I'd certainly agree with your second to last paragraph, especially YouTube amateur scientists and "doctors '

FYI mRNA took 30 years to develop so in guessing by your high standards it's safe as a vaccine "

No, by your standards it's "safe".

He said "vaccines typically take 10-15 years to develop", nothing about them being safe.

Manchester (she/her)

cancers are on the rise since the convid jabs were rolled out, also that is totally different to the convid jabs there was an agenda behind it if you know you know, if you don't and want to remain ignorant and not see other people's side to things that's up to you but I am happy with my decision and so should you be

Hugely insulting to anyone who’s been arguing with the coward that is cancer, also hugely inaccurate. Please take a look in the mirror"

Gloating about a rise in cancer is a pretty noxious thing to do. And yet here we are. *shrug*

Newcastle, Throckley

[Removed by poster at 06/03/24 13:32:45]

Newcastle, Throckley

Try thinking about what they're saying rather than jerk your knees in response."

What are your cognitive and egocentric biases telling you?

Or is this something that only works one way?

Tin town

Or is this something that only works one way?"

It applies to all sides. How are yours playing out?

Manchester (she/her)

It applies to all sides. How are yours playing out? "

My biases on this issue work as follows.

Hmm. Sure is suspicious that these vaccines were rolled out so quickly. How did they do it?

- read and listened to people who talked about the delays that usually come into vaccines trials. These include scrambling to find money to fund things and stuff waiting on desks waiting to be approved (which were eliminated in these cases)

- found out more about the technologies behind these vaccines, which have been in development for decades

- being aware of the statistical power of these trials from my prior education in statistics

Hmm. New things are suspicious and big pharma is dodgy as fuck.

- recognising that "new = bad" is not necessarily true, it's just one of those things that most people believe and have to overcome. I know that this is a weakness of mine.

- Big Pharma are dodgy as fuck, but this is why trials are so heavily scrutinised, and we know damn well that every eyebrow twitch on all of these trials was covered extremely closely by the world's media and numerous scientists

Finally, as I sit on my functioning computer (thanks scientists) on my chair that isn't collapsing (thanks scientists) in my apartment block that hasn't fallen down (thanks scientists) drinking water that won't kill me (thanks scientists)... I ponder how we come to a world that is so safe. Hmm. Must be alternative medicine.

Hmm. Sure is suspicious that these vaccines were rolled out so quickly. How did they do it?

- read and listened to people who talked about the delays that usually come into vaccines trials. These include scrambling to find money to fund things and stuff waiting on desks waiting to be approved (which were eliminated in these cases)

- found out more about the technologies behind these vaccines, which have been in development for decades

- being aware of the statistical power of these trials from my prior education in statistics

- recognising that "new = bad" is not necessarily true, it's just one of those things that most people believe and have to overcome. I know that this is a weakness of mine.

- Big Pharma are dodgy as fuck, but this is why trials are so heavily scrutinised, and we know damn well that every eyebrow twitch on all of these trials was covered extremely closely by the world's media and numerous scientists

Finally, as I sit on my functioning computer (thanks scientists) on my chair that isn't collapsing (thanks scientists) in my apartment block that hasn't fallen down (thanks scientists) drinking water that won't kill me (thanks scientists)... I ponder how we come to a world that is so safe. Hmm. Must be alternative medicine."

Replacing 'thanks scientists' with 'thanks engineers' for the first three examples above would be more accurate.

And every eyebrow twitch on all of these trials was NOT covered extremely closely by the world's media.

Manchester (she/her)

Finally, as I sit on my functioning computer (thanks scientists) on my chair that isn't collapsing (thanks scientists) in my apartment block that hasn't fallen down (thanks scientists) drinking water that won't kill me (thanks scientists)... I ponder how we come to a world that is so safe. Hmm. Must be alternative medicine.

Replacing 'thanks scientists' with 'thanks engineers' for the first three examples above would be more accurate.

And every eyebrow twitch on all of these trials was NOT covered extremely closely by the world's media."

OK, cool.

So, your cognitive biases, now? Are you self aware enough?

(I'll also add to my cognitive biases, I've seen evidence throughout my life of science, medicine, and vaccines making material differences to people's lives. While opposition to vaccination, I've seen cause death and even in one extreme case, a community saying it's acceptable to murder special needs children, because they deserve it )

Tin town

Finally, as I sit on my functioning computer (thanks scientists) on my chair that isn't collapsing (thanks scientists) in my apartment block that hasn't fallen down (thanks scientists) drinking water that won't kill me (thanks scientists)... I ponder how we come to a world that is so safe. Hmm. Must be alternative medicine."

You see that last paragraph is glorious in its irony and one eyed view.

The thought that humans didn't have water food safety or homes before "science". The scientists gave us internal combustion engines that apparently are now causing so much catastrophic pollution that we need to do something or die. The rivers And sees require cleaning because scientists gave us industry that is polluting it. I have no axe to grind but there is no free lunch. There are consequences for all things and that which we believe is progress... Perhaps is not always so and needs to be viewed from all angles.

all around

I think you should give up, you'll never be smarter than the YouTube doktors lol

We've decided playing with the grown ups in Gran Canaria swinger clubs is much more enjoyable

(Strange thing is NOBODY has asked us to prove we aren't vaccinated ... Go figure )

Manchester (she/her)

The thought that humans didn't have water food safety or homes before "science". The scientists gave us internal combustion engines that apparently are now causing so much catastrophic pollution that we need to do something or die. The rivers And sees require cleaning because scientists gave us industry that is polluting it. I have no axe to grind but there is no free lunch. There are consequences for all things and that which we believe is progress... Perhaps is not always so and needs to be viewed from all angles.

"

Science has existed in one form or another for many thousands of years Plato observing that thunderbolts hit temples was a form of science - testing the claim that Zeus threw lightning to punish perjurers. Hippocrates reporting that goats with epilepsy, when their skulls are cracked open, have "evil smelling brains", is science. Would it be accepted today? No. But it's observing and reporting physical signs to reach a conclusion. (Interestingly, he observed malaria occurred in wet and warm areas - but blamed the climate rather than mosquitos)

The question I was answering was about my cognitive biases around vaccines. And yes, "science" is an overstatement of what vaccines are, but it is something that continues to operate in ways that solve problems. I never said it was perfect. I said it was better than the antivax position, which is "vaccines are bad and will do bad thing by (testable claim), whoops, testable claim didn't happen, this means we're right because (testable claim), whoops..."

If you think by "science" I mean some magic fairy tale that is never abused by those in power, never makes mistakes, is somehow immune to all the problems of the world - please give me credit for being more intelligent than a three year old with learning difficulties. I never said that, and I'm not subject to such infantile black and white thinking.

I mean collecting, testing, and interrogating observations from the natural world over time. Which includes building structures (what keeps things up, what causes them to come down - physics) and the like. It's not perfect, but it's the best we've got, and it's streaks ahead of either conspiracy mongering or "I don't know and politicians lied to me, therefore science is bad"

Manchester (she/her)

I think you should give up, you'll never be smarter than the YouTube doktors lol

We've decided playing with the grown ups in Gran Canaria swinger clubs is much more enjoyable

(Strange thing is NOBODY has asked us to prove we aren't vaccinated ... Go figure )"

Oh I know, I'll never reach the qualifications of PhG with a minor in explosive liquid shits while scrolling Facebook.

Sometimes it's interesting interacting with that alternate universe though.

Manchester (she/her)

"(Strange thing is NOBODY has asked us to prove we aren't vaccinated ... Go figure )"

It does take a special kind of... umm, lack of interaction with education? to try to prove a negative like that. Glad you've not come across it.

Tin town

Science has existed in one form or another for many thousands of years Plato observing that thunderbolts hit temples was a form of science - testing the claim that Zeus threw lightning to punish perjurers. Hippocrates reporting that goats with epilepsy, when their skulls are cracked open, have "evil smelling brains", is science. Would it be accepted today? No. But it's observing and reporting physical signs to reach a conclusion. (Interestingly, he observed malaria occurred in wet and warm areas - but blamed the climate rather than mosquitos)

The question I was answering was about my cognitive biases around vaccines. And yes, "science" is an overstatement of what vaccines are, but it is something that continues to operate in ways that solve problems. I never said it was perfect. I said it was better than the antivax position, which is "vaccines are bad and will do bad thing by (testable claim), whoops, testable claim didn't happen, this means we're right because (testable claim), whoops..."

If you think by "science" I mean some magic fairy tale that is never abused by those in power, never makes mistakes, is somehow immune to all the problems of the world - please give me credit for being more intelligent than a three year old with learning difficulties. I never said that, and I'm not subject to such infantile black and white thinking.

I mean collecting, testing, and interrogating observations from the natural world over time. Which includes building structures (what keeps things up, what causes them to come down - physics) and the like. It's not perfect, but it's the best we've got, and it's streaks ahead of either conspiracy mongering or "I don't know and politicians lied to me, therefore science is bad""

Not sure what all that has to do with it. Just saying that we have been eating and drinking and living for many years and had no need of science so to do. Accepting science has helped many things it surely in any balanced argument must be acknowledged that weaponising viruses, bio warfare and so many other things that kill and injure us and make the world a very unsafe place for some people are also the product of science. Just some balance to the worship