FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid still here

Covid still here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornybarebackcpl OP   Couple 10 weeks ago

Haverfordwest

I see covid hasn't hone away 10 people in my work place contacted it this week including my daughter. Don't know if they've had the vaccines as they mostly from Phillipines but hey ho it's still here

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *icecouple561Couple 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes very much so.

I think we just have to live with it.

By *ew_exp98Man 10 weeks ago

Totnes

"I see covid hasn't hone away 10 people in my work place contacted it this week including my daughter. Don't know if they've had the vaccines as they mostly from Phillipines but hey ho it's still here"

Does it really matter though? vaxxed or not, doesn't make a difference

By *onandCouple 10 weeks ago

Cheadle

Completely agree…… had 3 vaccines suffered blood clots caused by the jab…. Heart attack 6 months later got Covid……. Something we have to live with now

Totnes

"Completely agree…… had 3 vaccines suffered blood clots caused by the jab…. Heart attack 6 months later got Covid……. Something we have to live with now"

So sorry to hear that. I never took any but knowing people all over work and town, seems like anyone can catch it anyway but very rarely it's serious

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Yawn.

By *hesterplumberMan 10 weeks ago

chester

Question is is Covid the flu just under a different name ? If you have the flu it’s now Covid how many people get the flu now ? People get Covid not the flu you don’t hear of the flu no more.

By *icecouple561Couple 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Question is is Covid the flu just under a different name ? If you have the flu it’s now Covid how many people get the flu now ? People get Covid not the flu you don’t hear of the flu no more. "

No, covid and flu are completely different viruses.

By *melie LALWoman 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

As a respiratory virus, I don't think there were any musings of it being stopped.

Worst case scenario it becomes seasonal like the flu. Best case scenario it becomes a cold, like many of it's family ??

By *atnip make me purrWoman 10 weeks ago

Reading

Yes we are in a surge but it's not killing people like it was.

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 10 weeks ago

M20

From a purely personal perspective, having had covid at least 3 times, I’d rather catch covid than the flu now.

Alpha was a little scary in the week where I held my breath a little shorter every day. It didn’t dropped below 25 seconds, so stayed at home.

Flu is always a devastating regardless of age. Anyone who tells you they had a light flu is talking orificialy.

Totnes

"From a purely personal perspective, having had covid at least 3 times, I’d rather catch covid than the flu now.

Alpha was a little scary in the week where I held my breath a little shorter every day. It didn’t dropped below 25 seconds, so stayed at home.

Flu is always a devastating regardless of age. Anyone who tells you they had a light flu is talking orificialy."

That's a very fair point. Since forever flu keeps me out for 2 weeks while I might have had covid once and it was nothing, of course though it's not nice feeling ill

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

"I see covid hasn't hone away 10 people in my work place contacted it this week including my daughter. Don't know if they've had the vaccines as they mostly from Phillipines but hey ho it's still here"

Not really sure where they come from has any bearing on them having covid but if you had 2 vaccines when they were first offered then it's not in your body now anyway.

Covid won't go away, it's part of life now

By *ylon lover 47Man 9 weeks ago

Beccles

Of course it's still here, it's an endemic virus now & we have to live with it like we do all other viruses.

By *ew_exp98Man 9 weeks ago

Totnes

"I see covid hasn't hone away 10 people in my work place contacted it this week including my daughter. Don't know if they've had the vaccines as they mostly from Phillipines but hey ho it's still here

I have to disagree. There is no proof that whatever was inhected just suddenly went away

Not really sure where they come from has any bearing on them having covid but if you had 2 vaccines when they were first offered then it's not in your body now anyway.

Covid won't go away, it's part of life now "

By *anyaTgirlTV/TS 9 weeks ago

manchester

Never took a test and guess what never had it ...weird

By *ylon lover 47Man 9 weeks ago

Beccles

"Never took a test and guess what never had it ...weird "

Yes, same here.

By *melie LALWoman 9 weeks ago

Peterborough

Oh dear

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 9 weeks ago

Reading

"Oh dear"

Beat us to it!

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

"Oh dear"

By *lasherMan 9 weeks ago

Faversham

Know so little about it that I couldn't possibly comment.

My personal experience is that after it's appearance I've been wearing a mask in supermarkets and I haven't caught a cold, influenza or COVID since.

By *undee2Man 9 weeks ago

Dundee

Covid is alive and kicking. I speak to people often on the phone and they are suffering. One of my colleagues became infected too

By *obleroneToShareMan 9 weeks ago

Cypress Avenue, nr Bristol

"Know so little about it that I couldn't possibly comment.

My personal experience is that after it's appearance I've been wearing a mask in supermarkets and I haven't caught a cold, influenza or COVID since.

"

Just supermarkets?

"Covid is alive and kicking. I speak to people often on the phone and they are suffering. One of my colleagues became infected too"

If they are suffering when you speak to them on the phone, why don't they just hang up?

By *igNick1381Man 9 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"Never took a test and guess what never had it ...weird

Yes, same here. "

I've never tested, I didn't see the point. If I was feeling ill I'd do what I've always done. Stayed home complaining I'm fighting the Reaper himself and then wait for a couple day's to get better

I would have tested if it lasted longer than a couple of days but otherwise what was the point

So if I've had it it was nothing to worry about

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 9 weeks ago

Hastings

Just live with it the more you get coved the better your immunity.

By *anforkinkywomenMan 9 weeks ago

Barwell

Yes it does exist, nobody claimed it went away.

If you hide under your sofa you might be able to avoid it

By *anforkinkywomenMan 9 weeks ago

Barwell

PS if you enjoy bareback, probably not the worst virus you're at risk of ha :p xx

By *r_reusMan 9 weeks ago

Coventry

History will show the damage done by the lockdowns vastly outweighed any caused by the virus.

And we all went along with it.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan 9 weeks ago

south coast

"Completely agree…… had 3 vaccines suffered blood clots caused by the jab…. Heart attack 6 months later got Covid……. Something we have to live with now"

Strange, dont know a single person who has got blood clots from the vaccine, All my family had vaccine and 95% of friends did.

By *ackformore100Man 9 weeks ago

Tin town

"Completely agree…… had 3 vaccines suffered blood clots caused by the jab…. Heart attack 6 months later got Covid……. Something we have to live with now

Strange, dont know a single person who has got blood clots from the vaccine, All my family had vaccine and 95% of friends did."

Why is it strange that different people have different experiences? Not everyone is the same.

Peterborough

"History will show the damage done by the lockdowns vastly outweighed any caused by the virus.

And we all went along with it."

And many lives saved, I'm sure.

By *ackformore100Man 9 weeks ago

Tin town

"History will show the damage done by the lockdowns vastly outweighed any caused by the virus.

Thing is.. It was a piss poor lock down.. In name only. People worked and travelled and shopped.. But yes whatever it was... Fucked a lot of people up and cost many lives.

And many lives saved, I'm sure."

Did it?

The majority of those in lockdown were at very low risk from what they were being locked down for.

By *igNick1381Man 9 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Did it?

The majority of those in lockdown were at very low risk from what they were being locked down for."

It was apparent that those at high risk (immuno suppressed, the elderly etc) were safer isolated from the general public and support for them should have been prioritised by both the general public and government entities

The rest of us should have been given the choice of whether or not to go into lockdown

If you wanted to, crack on

If not, no worries

Too many people too concerned with their own safety wanted everyone to cower inside like they did

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 9 weeks ago

Durham

Did it?

The majority of those in lockdown were at very low risk from what they were being locked down for.

It was apparent that those at high risk (immuno suppressed, the elderly etc) were safer isolated from the general public and support for them should have been prioritised by both the general public and government entities

The rest of us should have been given the choice of whether or not to go into lockdown

If not, no worries

Too many people too concerned with their own safety wanted everyone to cower inside like they did"

All of that is fine but at the beginning the death rate was brutal about 12%. No one knew loads of people had it with no symptoms. Until the vaccinations came along we had nothing but lockdowns really. Lockdown were crap but at the time there no alternatives

By *akequeen90Couple 9 weeks ago

Sydney

CDC downgraded Covid to flu level. Job done!

By *ermbiMan 9 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

Tell that to the people who lost loved ones

By *ornucopiaMan 9 weeks ago

Bexley

"Question is is Covid the flu just under a different name ?

Wasn't it originally called coronavirus?

When did it change from a noun into an apparent adjective?"

"Question is is Covid the flu just under a different name ?

Wasn't it originally called coronavirus?

When did it change from a noun into an apparent adjective?"

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

(Source - WHO)

By *ir-spunk-alotMan 9 weeks ago

south coast

"Completely agree…… had 3 vaccines suffered blood clots caused by the jab…. Heart attack 6 months later got Covid……. Something we have to live with now

Strange, dont know a single person who has got blood clots from the vaccine, All my family had vaccine and 95% of friends did.

Why is it strange that different people have different experiences? Not everyone is the same. "

I completely miss read the post. I read it as he knows 3 people who had vaccine and clotted and had heart attacks. My bad. Ignore post.

Peterborough

Did it?

If not, no worries

Too many people too concerned with their own safety wanted everyone to cower inside like they did

All of that is fine but at the beginning the death rate was brutal about 12%. No one knew loads of people had it with no symptoms. Until the vaccinations came along we had nothing but lockdowns really. Lockdown were crap but at the time there no alternatives "

Have you proof of the 12%. I've never read anything near that number so am genuinely interested.

By *ommenhimCouple 8 weeks ago

wigan

Did it?

If not, no worries

All of that is fine but at the beginning the death rate was brutal about 12%. No one knew loads of people had it with no symptoms. Until the vaccinations came along we had nothing but lockdowns really. Lockdown were crap but at the time there no alternatives

Have you proof of the 12%. I've never read anything near that number so am genuinely interested."

And is that 12% of the people who knew they had it or are the others not part of the statistic because no one knew they had it ?

By *r PantyMan 8 weeks ago

Morpeth

Yes it's still here, just like Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chickenpox and everything else that floats around but we just have to live with it.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Durham

Did it?

If not, no worries

Have you proof of the 12%. I've never read anything near that number so am genuinely interested.

And is that 12% of the people who knew they had it or are the others not part of the statistic because no one knew they had it ? "

To clarify that was 12% covid positive tested people. Back in the beginning no one knew about asymptomatic infection. The real death rate was really probably around 1 or 2% but until we had widespread testing no one knew. Obviously the death rate dropped even more as new treatments and vaccines came about.

By *obleroneToShareMan 8 weeks ago

Did it?

If not, no worries

And is that 12% of the people who knew they had it or are the others not part of the statistic because no one knew they had it ?

To clarify that was 12% covid positive tested people. Back in the beginning no one knew about asymptomatic infection. The real death rate was really probably around 1 or 2% but until we had widespread testing no one knew. Obviously the death rate dropped even more as new treatments and vaccines came about. "

Just to clarify then, your original post should have read "All of that is fine but at the beginning the death rate was brutal about 1% or 2%."?

By *he Man Who Loves CurvesMan 8 weeks ago

LONDON

Durham

Did it?

If not, no worries

To clarify that was 12% covid positive tested people. Back in the beginning no one knew about asymptomatic infection. The real death rate was really probably around 1 or 2% but until we had widespread testing no one knew. Obviously the death rate dropped even more as new treatments and vaccines came about.

Just to clarify then, your original post should have read "All of that is fine but at the beginning the death rate was brutal about 1% or 2%."?"

It was to explain why governments round the world did what they did at the start of the pandemic. In The first countries that were hit it seemed that if you got covid there was a very high chance of dying. Ironically if covid had a death rate this high it wouldn't have spread anywhere near as quickly and widely and a lot less people would have died.

Did it?

If not, no worries

Just to clarify then, your original post should have read "All of that is fine but at the beginning the death rate was brutal about 1% or 2%."?

It was to explain why governments round the world did what they did at the start of the pandemic. In The first countries that were hit it seemed that if you got covid there was a very high chance of dying. Ironically if covid had a death rate this high it wouldn't have spread anywhere near as quickly and widely and a lot less people would have died. "

You've quoted two figures.

Could you confirm what you think the death rate at the beginning was please?

a. 12%

b. 1% or 2%

"Ironically if covid had a death rate this high it wouldn't have spread anywhere near as quickly and widely and a lot less people would have died. "

So sacrificing a few at the beginning would've saved a lot more lives in the long run.

By *ools and the brainCouple 8 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Ironically if covid had a death rate this high it wouldn't have spread anywhere near as quickly and widely and a lot less people would have died.

So sacrificing a few at the beginning would've saved a lot more lives in the long run."

Unless it's your family member or yourself if not who cares right?

It's only elderly and vulnerable people and they don't really matter

"Ironically if covid had a death rate this high it wouldn't have spread anywhere near as quickly and widely and a lot less people would have died.

So sacrificing a few at the beginning would've saved a lot more lives in the long run.

"

Now use the same argument for side effects from COVID-19 vaccinations.

It's only a few people and they don't really matter.

By *atureGuy62Man 8 weeks ago

DE7

"Question is is Covid the flu just under a different name ? If you have the flu it’s now Covid how many people get the flu now ? People get Covid not the flu you don’t hear of the flu no more. "

No it isn't, flu rarely kills people or put then in hospital

"Question is is Covid the flu just under a different name ? If you have the flu it’s now Covid how many people get the flu now ? People get Covid not the flu you don’t hear of the flu no more.

No it isn't, flu rarely kills people or put then in hospital "

I think you'll find that flu rarely kills people or puts them in hospital only when there is a COVID-19 pandemic...

By *oberto7Man 8 weeks ago

Greenock

Fcuk Covid

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 8 weeks ago

leeds

"Question is is Covid the flu just under a different name ? If you have the flu it’s now Covid how many people get the flu now ? People get Covid not the flu you don’t hear of the flu no more.

flu kills tens of thousands every year even with or without covid around same as sepsis they just didnt get the media hype

couple, us we him her.

It's only a few people and they don't really matter."

That's a nonsense argument mainly because whilst the vaccine does present risk's they are non communicable or contagious whereas the virus is.

couple, us we him her.

"Fcuk Covid"

Thanks for your input

couple, us we him her.

"Fcuk Covid

Thanks for your input "

Although I do agree with you as I think everyone else does.

Fuck COVID.

By *melie LALWoman 8 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Fcuk Covid"

Is your penis THAT small?

It's only a few people and they don't really matter.

That's a nonsense argument mainly because whilst the vaccine does present risk's they are non communicable or contagious whereas the virus is."

It's a perfectly valid argument, particularly if you or a family member have side effects from the COVID-19 vaccinations.

By *oistvonlipwigMan 8 weeks ago

Lancaster

I STILL don't know anyone that's been affected by it, how many years has it been now?

"I STILL don't know anyone that's been affected by it, how many years has it been now? "

What is "it"? COVID-19?

Durham

Did it?

If not, no worries

It was to explain why governments round the world did what they did at the start of the pandemic. In The first countries that were hit it seemed that if you got covid there was a very high chance of dying. Ironically if covid had a death rate this high it wouldn't have spread anywhere near as quickly and widely and a lot less people would have died.

You've quoted two figures.

Could you confirm what you think the death rate at the beginning was please?

a. 12%

b. 1% or 2%"

I think it was probably 1 to 2%. The real answer no one will ever know. There was virtually no testing and loads of people died in homes and care homes at the beginning and were not tested at so everyone was running blind. At the time I would have thought the death was much higher than 2% probably around 10% with hindsight my guess would be 1 or 2%. Without proper data its difficult.

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

"I STILL don't know anyone that's been affected by it, how many years has it been now? "

Anecdote is not data.

Lancaster

"I STILL don't know anyone that's been affected by it, how many years has it been now?

What is "it"? COVID-19?"

Yes.

Lancaster

"I STILL don't know anyone that's been affected by it, how many years has it been now?

Anecdote is not data."

No, but you'd think with the amount people that went on about it i'd have met someone by now.

I'm not going about collecting data to prove anything to myself, and I doubt many others have, they just believed the data that was published by others.

By *ackformore100Man 8 weeks ago

Tin town

Anecdote is not data."

What does that even mean? When you are surrounded by agenda led "research" and "news" the only thing you can trust is what you see with your own eyes. And nobody can take that away from people. Regardless of how hard people try to patronise them or take the piss

By *ussex team upCouple (MM) 8 weeks ago

Sussex

It's awful if you have no mates and Guess you don't go out much or at all ?

By *arahspiceCouple 8 weeks ago

Brighton

Anecdote is not data.

No, but you'd think with the amount people that went on about it i'd have met someone by now.

I'm not going about collecting data to prove anything to myself, and I doubt many others have, they just believed the data that was published by others. "

Or used their eyes. As a nurse I have seen hundreds devastated by this and in disbelief you haven't seen anyone affected.

By *melie LALWoman 8 weeks ago

Peterborough

Anecdote is not data."

If you think about it you're wrong. Think about qualitative research - it seeks people's experiences.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 8 weeks ago

wonderland.

Anecdote is not data.

I'm not going about collecting data to prove anything to myself, and I doubt many others have, they just believed the data that was published by others. "

I can't believe you haven't met anyone affected. You can talk to random people in a supermarket and they will have lost people or people still affected by long covid etc. It was devastating. I wish I could say I didn't lose anyone.... but sadly too many

And my 27 year old daughter has been left with complications following her having covid

Cali

Anecdote is not data.

I'm not going about collecting data to prove anything to myself, and I doubt many others have, they just believed the data that was published by others. I can't believe you haven't met anyone affected. You can talk to random people in a supermarket and they will have lost people or people still affected by long covid etc. It was devastating. I wish I could say I didn't lose anyone.... but sadly too many

And my 27 year old daughter has been left with complications following her having covid

Cali"

Just because you know people affected it doesn't mean everyone does.

The number of COVID-19 deaths and people with long COVID may not be as prevalent as you've been led to believe.

By *alandNitaCouple 8 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

Anecdote is not data.

I'm not going about collecting data to prove anything to myself, and I doubt many others have, they just believed the data that was published by others. I can't believe you haven't met anyone affected. You can talk to random people in a supermarket and they will have lost people or people still affected by long covid etc. It was devastating. I wish I could say I didn't lose anyone.... but sadly too many

Cali"

I agree, it does seem odd, but if someone doesn't work, has a limited social life, plus few family or friends, it's not beyond the realms of probably.

Sadly, between us we know several people who lost their lives or health through Covid.

I struggled with breathing problems for months after testing negative.

Nita

By *I TwoCouple 8 weeks ago

all around

Anecdote is not data.

Cali

The number of COVID-19 deaths and people with long COVID may not be as prevalent as you've been led to believe."

As always, you're opinion is welcome but most healthcare workers will probably disagree

wonderland.

Anecdote is not data.

Cali

The number of COVID-19 deaths and people with long COVID may not be as prevalent as you've been led to believe."

I know how prevalent it is but then I work in health care and have a large social circle and chat to random people when out and about.

I'd put a lottery ticket on if you honestly haven't come across anyone. You obviously haven't been to a hospital or visited the doctors in a while.

leeds

Ive not come across anyone seriously effected by "covid" but do know of 2 direct deaths from the vaccine but thats only my personal experience

all around

"Ive not come across anyone seriously effected by "covid" but do know of 2 direct deaths from the vaccine but thats only my personal experience "

You personally know two people who had COVID vaccine as the primary cause of death on the death certificate ?

There is a much higher chance of winning the lottery.

Of course it has happened, there's no question but it's a low number

leeds

One been a sister on the ward on the second were a friends mum, but she werent the best of health tbh

Anecdote is not data.

Cali

The number of COVID-19 deaths and people with long COVID may not be as prevalent as you've been led to believe. I know how prevalent it is but then I work in health care and have a large social circle and chat to random people when out and about.

I'd put a lottery ticket on if you honestly haven't come across anyone. You obviously haven't been to a hospital or visited the doctors in a while. "

I didn't say I haven't come across anyone, I said just because you know people affected it doesn't mean everyone does.

You're right, I haven't been to a hospital or visited the doctors in a while. Was it that obvious?

By *ngermungerMan 8 weeks ago

Surrey

No ones had the flu since 2019 time to move on covid was 4 years ago now

By *ackformore100Man 8 weeks ago

Tin town

Weird how some people think they know other peoples personal lived experiences better than them.

wonderland.

"No ones had the flu since 2019 time to move on covid was 4 years ago now "
people are still getting flu.. although admittedly due to measures for covid it did really reduce the spread of flu... I think mostly helped by the fact that if you had flu, cold or covid symptoms you had to isolate... but anyway. Flu is and was still around... and covid is still around now.

leeds

"No ones had the flu since 2019 time to move on covid was 4 years ago now people are still getting flu.. although admittedly due to measures for covid it did really reduce the spread of flu... I think mostly helped by the fact that if you had flu, cold or covid symptoms you had to isolate... but anyway. Flu is and was still around... and covid is still around now. "

But you dont catch flu off other people so isolation has nothing to do with the numbers

leeds

"No ones had the flu since 2019 time to move on covid was 4 years ago now people are still getting flu.. although admittedly due to measures for covid it did really reduce the spread of flu... I think mostly helped by the fact that if you had flu, cold or covid symptoms you had to isolate... but anyway. Flu is and was still around... and covid is still around now.

But you dont catch flu off other people so isolation has nothing to do with the numbers "

ignore that they can just half read

Sussex

"No ones had the flu since 2019 time to move on covid was 4 years ago now people are still getting flu.. although admittedly due to measures for covid it did really reduce the spread of flu... I think mostly helped by the fact that if you had flu, cold or covid symptoms you had to isolate... but anyway. Flu is and was still around... and covid is still around now.

But you dont catch flu off other people so isolation has nothing to do with the numbers "

Wow really . How is it caught I am fascinated

all around

Where do we get it from ? Toilet seats lol

Please explain, this should be a great debate and probably deserves it's own thread.

Sussex

Is it those pesky bats again ?

leeds

I said ignore that as i re read it

By *ertcoupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Hatfield

It seems the BMJ doesn't agree with you.

Nearly 15,000 died last year.

By *ngermungerMan 5 weeks ago

Surrey

There are too many people earning a lot of money out of it for it to dissappear

By *izandpaulCouple 5 weeks ago

merseyside

Very true.

I always tell patients to stop licking toilet seats when in the pub or Macdonalds, but they never listen.

General public hey, why do we bother.

Just out of curiosity, how do you catch a virus, any type will do.

By *hesterplumberMan 5 weeks ago

chester

Don’t listen to some of the people in this site you will end up with the fab virus.

Symptoms are as follows

People can become very snotty

People don’t turn up to meets probably too ill from fab virus.

People don’t message back when a meet is due to happen.

That’s just a few symptoms just be careful you don’t catch it happy Easter everyone hope you have an amazing weekend.

Ps this is not real guys and gals so no need to give me any medical advice on the above symptoms.

By *I TwoCouple 5 weeks ago

all around

"There are too many people earning a lot of money out of it for it to dissappear "

I assume you mean the antivax click bait stuff on YouTube

Time they got over themselves and moved on with their lives

By *ackformore100Man 5 weeks ago

Tin town

"There are too many people earning a lot of money out of it for it to dissappear

I assume you mean the antivax click bait stuff on YouTube

Time they got over themselves and moved on with their lives "

Yes they are the only ones who made any money out of covid and telling people treatments and regimes they don't want nor need.

By *ittle MonkeysCouple 5 weeks ago

Kimberley

No it isn't, flu rarely kills people or put then in hospital

It seems the BMJ doesn't agree with you.

Nearly 15,000 died last year."

Flu, like many other illnesses kills the weak. The same as covid.

By *ornucopiaMan 5 weeks ago

Bexley

But you dont catch flu off other people so isolation has nothing to do with the numbers

Very true.

I always tell patients to stop licking toilet seats when in the pub or Macdonalds, but they never listen.

Just out of curiosity, how do you catch a virus, any type will do. "

From unprotected social intercourse, of course, what else?

merseyside

Very true.

Just out of curiosity, how do you catch a virus, any type will do.

From unprotected social intercourse, of course, what else?"

Absolutely correct.

These social intercoursing types, will they never learn.

By *rauntonbananaMan 5 weeks ago

Braunton

Had three jabs (had to because I want to travel overseas) …had a stroke, out of the blue a month ago…blood clot in brain….non smoker, non drinker, fit for my age and don’t eat junk food….go figure

Tin town

"Had three jabs (had to because I want to travel overseas) …had a stroke, out of the blue a month ago…blood clot in brain….non smoker, non drinker, fit for my age and don’t eat junk food….go figure "

Wait for it.. One will be along shortly

all around

"Had three jabs (had to because I want to travel overseas) …had a stroke, out of the blue a month ago…blood clot in brain….non smoker, non drinker, fit for my age and don’t eat junk food….go figure "

Not uncommon unfortunately.

Father in law died of one

By *obleroneToShareMan 5 weeks ago

"Had three jabs (had to because I want to travel overseas) …had a stroke, out of the blue a month ago…blood clot in brain….non smoker, non drinker, fit for my age and don’t eat junk food….go figure

"

Died from a COVID-19 jab?

all around

"Had three jabs (had to because I want to travel overseas) …had a stroke, out of the blue a month ago…blood clot in brain….non smoker, non drinker, fit for my age and don’t eat junk food….go figure

Died from a COVID-19 jab?"

No, blood clot on the brain in 1985

They have been around a long time

By *reen as JadeCouple 5 weeks ago

Cheshire

I had it for about 4 weeks earlier this year x

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 5 weeks ago

Reading

What did your medical team say?

By *oberto7Man 5 weeks ago

Greenock

Whit !

merseyside

Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back to good health soon.

Good luck and take every bit of rehab offered.

By *ylon lover 47Man 5 weeks ago

Beccles

"There are too many people earning a lot of money out of it for it to dissappear "

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 5 weeks ago

Cumbria

There are loads of reasons for an ischemic stroke, its not just a lifestyle thing.

Tin town

Pfizer alone made approx 100 billion from it and it's tablet version in 2022 and 2023..

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/31/the-covid-pandemic-drives-pfizers-2022-revenue-to-a-record-100-billion.html

By *ilvercreatureMan 5 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

People still think they'll be protected by being fully jabbed

all around

"There are too many people earning a lot of money out of it for it to dissappear

Pfizer alone made approx 100 billion from it and it's tablet version in 2022 and 2023..

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/31/the-covid-pandemic-drives-pfizers-2022-revenue-to-a-record-100-billion.html

"

That depends on which "story" you read

Some say $100bn profit, others $100bn sales, others say $37bn in sales of COVID vaccine whereas it's stated that Pfizer reported its results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2023. Full-year 2023 revenues were $58.5 billion (for all operations not just COVID vaccines ?)

Who knows ? But it's unlikely the auditors or shareholders would let them under report revenue

Tin town

Some say $100bn profit, others $100bn sales, others say $37bn in sales of COVID vaccine whereas it's stated that Pfizer reported its results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2023. Full-year 2023 revenues were $58.5 billion (for all operations not just COVID vaccines ?)

Who knows ? But it's unlikely the auditors or shareholders would let them under report revenue "

So they did ok then.?

all around

Who knows ? But it's unlikely the auditors or shareholders would let them under report revenue

So they did ok then.? "

Well for reference apparently they did $51.8 billion in 2019 down from $53.6 billion in 2018,

So excluding any growth over 5 years in other areas, they might have sold an additional $5bn in vaccines, no idea what the profit margin is but a far cry from they made $100bn in 2022/3 as their profit margins reportedly are mid single figures

I'm sure someone with more free time will tell us exactly how much profit they made from COVID vaccines last year

Reading

So they did ok then.? "

They're running a business, not a charity.

all around

So they did ok then.?

They're running a business, not a charity. "

Even though hundreds of millions of doses of vaccine were provided at zero profit for Pfizer or BioNTech

Tin town

So they did ok then.?

They're running a business, not a charity. "

So they did ok the?

By *owthen99Man 5 weeks ago

Attenborough

How do they know they have 'covid'? The tests that people use actually shouldn't be used for convid as they gave out false readings as they are not actually designed for detection of 'covid' are people still actually testing themselves I mean I do see some strange people wearing face nappies outside still strange as no one I know still talks about it or gets ill or when they do it's just another cold but it's happened like once last year so seems to be a strange one to say the least

Attenborough

Happend to my neighbour she's proper bad now sorry to hear that

all around

"I see covid hasn't hone away 10 people in my work place contacted it this week including my daughter. Don't know if they've had the vaccines as they mostly from Phillipines but hey ho it's still here

How do they know they have 'covid'? The tests that people use actually shouldn't be used for convid as they gave out false readings as they are not actually designed for detection of 'covid' are people still actually testing themselves I mean I do see some strange people wearing face nappies outside still strange as no one I know still talks about it or gets ill or when they do it's just another cold but it's happened like once last year so seems to be a strange one to say the least "

Debunked 2020

Fake news

Reading

How do they know they have 'covid'? The tests that people use actually shouldn't be used for convid as they gave out false readings as they are not actually designed for detection of 'covid' are people still actually testing themselves I mean I do see some strange people wearing face nappies outside still strange as no one I know still talks about it or gets ill or when they do it's just another cold but it's happened like once last year so seems to be a strange one to say the least "

“Face Nappies”! Have we been transported back to 2022?

Reading

[Removed by poster at 02/04/24 20:30:31]

Attenborough

[Removed by poster at 02/04/24 22:00:40]

Attenborough

How do they know they have 'covid'? The tests that people use actually shouldn't be used for convid as they gave out false readings as they are not actually designed for detection of 'covid' are people still actually testing themselves I mean I do see some strange people wearing face nappies outside still strange as no one I know still talks about it or gets ill or when they do it's just another cold but it's happened like once last year so seems to be a strange one to say the least

Debunked 2020

Fake news "

By whom the BBC? Unfortunately for you the guy that invented the tests even said that! so I don't know where you got your 'FAKE NEWS' alert from

By *ust RachelTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Is that why cancer is still about, big companies making money from treatments, anti sickness drugs, etc.

By *ust RachelTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Eastbourne

I still test, when I go to visit my Aunt, she is going through Chemotherapy. So it gives me and her a bit of peace of mind, that I don't have it.

all around

Debunked 2020

Fake news

By whom the BBC? Unfortunately for you the guy that invented the tests even said that! so I don't know where you got your 'FAKE NEWS' alert from "

The guy who invented the tests lol

That's really funny, he died before COVID even existed

PCR testing is a technique not a definitive test, it's all been well discussed and documented along with facts but I'm sure you know all this.

By *uvFun69Couple 5 weeks ago

St. Austell

12% behave yourself. It was only ever under 1%. In first wave millions caught it. It never had a fatality rate of 12% get your facts right

Attenborough

[Removed by poster at 03/04/24 01:54:34]

Attenborough

Debunked 2020

Fake news

By whom the BBC? Unfortunately for you the guy that invented the tests even said that! so I don't know where you got your 'FAKE NEWS' alert from

PCR testing is a technique not a definitive test, it's all been well discussed and documented along with facts but I'm sure you know all this.

"

Oh my you are silly

Reading

Is that why cancer is still about, big companies making money from treatments, anti sickness drugs, etc."

What a hugely insulting comment. Do you know how many different types of cancer there are?

By *allySlinkyWoman 5 weeks ago

Leeds

"

I still test, when I go to visit my Aunt, she is going through Chemotherapy. So it gives me and her a bit of peace of mind, that I don't have it."

I didn't realise home Covid tests are 100% effective.

Cumbria

"

I still test, when I go to visit my Aunt, she is going through Chemotherapy. So it gives me and her a bit of peace of mind, that I don't have it.

I didn't realise home Covid tests are 100% effective. "

They aren’t but then you’re not 100% guaranteed to get to the other side when you cross the road but you still do it. People make judgements based on the best information possible, and taking a COVID test will provide more information.

all around

Debunked 2020

Fake news

Oh my you are silly "

Oh go on... Tell me why

all around

"12% behave yourself. It was only ever under 1%. In first wave millions caught it. It never had a fatality rate of 12% get your facts right"

Would you cross the road if one in a hundred were guaranteed not to make the other side or would you take the bridge ?

Leeds

"

Would you cross the road if one in a hundred were guaranteed not to make the other side or would you take the bridge ?"

Is there any possibility of falling off the bridge or it collapsing ?

By *hunkynGirthyMan 5 weeks ago

Barnsley

You never had to have it for travel in the end . I didn't have any vaca and I went to Croatia, Cyprus and France last year on holidays . So it obviously wasn't worth the risk. I really hope you get better soon. Greek mountain tea is good for general wellbeing.

Cumbria

"

Would you cross the road if one in a hundred were guaranteed not to make the other side or would you take the bridge ?

Is there any possibility of falling off the bridge or it collapsing ? "

Yes, there’s always a possibility.

Leeds

"You never had to have it for travel in the end . I didn't have any vaca and I went to Croatia, Cyprus and France last year on holidays . So it obviously wasn't worth the risk. "

I had to have it to go on cruise ships

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 5 weeks ago

leeds

I think certain places requried it as did nightclubs but not pubs at a certain period

By *illan-KillashMan 5 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

Debunked 2020

Fake news

By whom the BBC? Unfortunately for you the guy that invented the tests even said that! so I don't know where you got your 'FAKE NEWS' alert from "

Kary Mullis, born 28th December 1944.

Kary Mullis, died 7th August 2019.

The BBC is not the source of this information, but his birth and death certificates are.

He passed away before covid was diagnosed, he couldn't possibly have said his tests weren't suitable for confirmation of Covid.

Cumbria

Debunked 2020

Fake news

The BBC is not the source of this information, but his birth and death certificates are.

He passed away before covid was diagnosed, he couldn't possibly have said his tests weren't suitable for confirmation of Covid.

"

But… but… but… it was on YouTube!

leeds

He said it about his tests been used for hiv

Debunked 2020

Fake news

But… but… but… it was on YouTube!

"

YouTube is sooooo 2023. Tik Tok is where it's at now.

Tin town

"

Is there any possibility of falling off the bridge or it collapsing ? "

Take me to the bridge

By *olin44Man 5 weeks ago

houghton

Had 2 jabs had wat I thought was a very heavy cold last year 8 months on still have no proper taste or smell back its annoying I hope it comes bak soon can't even smell gfs perfume properly and more important taste her pussy well ill soldier on till it comes back I bet fee other poeple in same state

all around

"He said it about his tests been used for hiv "

And yet PCR techniques for testing for HIV are 98.2% accurate .... Go figure

PS do you know what RNA is ?

leeds

No but im pretty sure you will google and tell me

all around

"No but im pretty sure you will google and tell me "

As you have discovered, Google isn't always right

Tin town

"Had 2 jabs had wat I thought was a very heavy cold last year 8 months on still have no proper taste or smell back its annoying I hope it comes bak soon can't even smell gfs perfume properly and more important taste her pussy well ill soldier on till it comes back I bet fee other poeple in same state "

True I can't smell your girlfriends perfume either

By *lizaDayWoman 5 weeks ago

Wigan

Debunked 2020

Fake news

"

He said his PCR test could not identify viruses. Any of them. They pick up exosomes which are dead cell debris.

all around

Debunked 2020

Fake news

He said his PCR test could not identify viruses. Any of them. They pick up exosomes which are dead cell debris. "

Sorry but that's garbage, Im certainly no expert but I worked with PCR equipment since the mid 80s and it's a test technique, quite a simple technique actually.

Different test kits are being developed all the time to test for different parameters.

ddPCR was the new thing when I retired a few years ago, developed for research it was making its way into routine diagnostics use.

What's you're level of expertise and experience ? Maybe you could give us all a quick idiots guide to exosomes, DNA and RNA and how each is detected and quantified ? Which viruses are solely RNA and which DNA

Always eager to learn

leeds

Wonder how they give a positive test result in pure orange juice and various other liquids plus out of the 5 tests with symptons u may of got 2 3 4 or 5 positives, maybe thats the user not been as accurate or the test itself we shall never know

Cumbria

"Had 2 jabs had wat I thought was a very heavy cold last year 8 months on still have no proper taste or smell back its annoying I hope it comes bak soon can't even smell gfs perfume properly and more important taste her pussy well ill soldier on till it comes back I bet fee other poeple in same state

True I can't smell your girlfriends perfume either"

Can you taste her pussy though?

all around

"Wonder how they give a positive test result in pure orange juice and various other liquids plus out of the 5 tests with symptons u may of got 2 3 4 or 5 positives, maybe thats the user not been as accurate or the test itself we shall never know "

PCR ?

By *enuineguy76Man 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Bird Flu is next.

leeds

We get that every year but yes it is due

By *r.TeaseMan 5 weeks ago

Bridgnorth

I personally thought covid and lockdowns were a bio weapon the world elites used against us and lockdowns were used to see how much they could control us. The nhs has never really recovered from people not turning up for work because they had covid or in fear they might catch covid. Covid which for most people the government continually told us most people would have cough and cold symptoms. The rollout of the mrna vaccine a vaccine that works completely differently to any other vaccine available and gaslighting skeptical people reluctant to take a experimental vaccine I don't even think vaccine is an appropriate word for it. Stay Woke folks

all around

"I personally thought covid and lockdowns were a bio weapon the world elites used against us and lockdowns were used to see how much they could control us. The nhs has never really recovered from people not turning up for work because they had covid or in fear they might catch covid. Covid which for most people the government continually told us most people would have cough and cold symptoms. The rollout of the mrna vaccine a vaccine that works completely differently to any other vaccine available and gaslighting skeptical people reluctant to take a experimental vaccine I don't even think vaccine is an appropriate word for it. Stay Woke folks "

Oh ... Ok ....

Reading

"I personally thought covid and lockdowns were a bio weapon the world elites used against us and lockdowns were used to see how much they could control us. The nhs has never really recovered from people not turning up for work because they had covid or in fear they might catch covid. Covid which for most people the government continually told us most people would have cough and cold symptoms. The rollout of the mrna vaccine a vaccine that works completely differently to any other vaccine available and gaslighting skeptical people reluctant to take a experimental vaccine I don't even think vaccine is an appropriate word for it. Stay Woke folks "

Wow, just wow!

A virus that relies on airborne transmission fails as a targeted bioweapon the minute its released.

You can work out why.......

all around

"I personally thought covid and lockdowns were a bio weapon the world elites used against us and lockdowns were used to see how much they could control us. The nhs has never really recovered from people not turning up for work because they had covid or in fear they might catch covid. Covid which for most people the government continually told us most people would have cough and cold symptoms. The rollout of the mrna vaccine a vaccine that works completely differently to any other vaccine available and gaslighting skeptical people reluctant to take a experimental vaccine I don't even think vaccine is an appropriate word for it. Stay Woke folks

A virus that relies on airborne transmission fails as a targeted bioweapon the minute its released.

"

Didn't they prove it was spread by 5g masts ? I think there was a documentary on YouTube about it

By *melie LALWoman 5 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I personally thought covid and lockdowns were a bio weapon the world elites used against us and lockdowns were used to see how much they could control us. The nhs has never really recovered from people not turning up for work because they had covid or in fear they might catch covid. Covid which for most people the government continually told us most people would have cough and cold symptoms. The rollout of the mrna vaccine a vaccine that works completely differently to any other vaccine available and gaslighting skeptical people reluctant to take a experimental vaccine I don't even think vaccine is an appropriate word for it. Stay Woke folks

Didn't they prove it was spread by 5g masts ? I think there was a documentary on YouTube about it "

Aliens next

all around

Didn't they prove it was spread by 5g masts ? I think there was a documentary on YouTube about it

Aliens next "

Nah,that's being silly

Or is it

leeds

Sure america said they do after saying for years they didnt or maybe it were actually a Chinese spy balloon

By *entleman of FortuneMan 4 weeks ago

Hull

COVID is COVID and influenza is Flu. The strain of covid ATM isn't what it was. Flu is probably much more dangerous to most now (not all) bad colds were often/ mostly called Flu, Flu is really bad and can be absolutely deadly, as history shows.

Hull

And many lives saved, I'm sure."

The problem with lockdowns is they happened too late, we let it transmit throughout society then locked down. If we'd have done it properly at the beginning then a month would have probably done it.

A virus needs hosts without the host to transmit too would have chocked out. Indecisiveness and pandering to media caused the lockdowns. By which time we needed lockdowns, because first two variants were hardcore.

Hull

"Yes it's still here, just like Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chickenpox and everything else that floats around but we just have to live with it."

You do realise MMR was almost eradicated by vaccination, till anti-vaxers let it start again.

By *host63Man 4 weeks ago

Bedfont Feltham

It's extremely naive to think it's gone away.

We can treat it better now because we understand it a little more.

It's still very dangerous if people are not careful. I had it early this year and immediately isolated. Its not like a. Common cold where you can carry on working. The dangers of giving Bitton other people who may be more vulnerable is not a risk not worth taking.

By *orset.JMan 4 weeks ago

Weymouth

COVID is COVID and influenza is Flu. The strain of covid ATM isn't what it was. Flu is probably much more dangerous to most now (not all) bad colds were often/ mostly called Flu, Flu is really bad and can be absolutely deadly, as history shows. "

Unfortunately- in terms of pathology, Covid is far worse. Even mild infections cause changes in the brain/ heart / lungs and many other organs . That plus how it deregulates the immune system makes it a far more dangerous in terms of long term sequelae than Influenza

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 4 weeks ago

M20

"Fcuk Covid

Is your penis THAT small? "

A mere spike but all protein.

By *I TwoCouple 4 weeks ago

all around

COVID is COVID and influenza is Flu. The strain of covid ATM isn't what it was. Flu is probably much more dangerous to most now (not all) bad colds were often/ mostly called Flu, Flu is really bad and can be absolutely deadly, as history shows.

Unfortunately- in terms of pathology, Covid is far worse. Even mild infections cause changes in the brain/ heart / lungs and many other organs . That plus how it deregulates the immune system makes it a far more dangerous in terms of long term sequelae than Influenza

"

That's the problem, we have no idea what the long term effects are even of a mild dose of the current strain.

By *orset.JMan 4 weeks ago

Weymouth

That's the problem, we have no idea what the long term effects are even of a mild dose of the current strain.

"

Check out / google

BMJ/ Covid/ cognitive effects / population level

Non-severe covid was associated with a 1.71 times higher risk of early onset cognitive decline (1.30 to 2.27). “These findings imply that the pandemic may substantially contribute to the world dementia burden in the future,” the authors warned

March 24

all around

Consensus seems to be, it's still with us

all around

And still dangerous

By *nnetteTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Enniscorthy

My neighbours skipped their last booster shots because of some wierd story a relative spun them about what it contained. Guess what? The husband spent 10 days in hospital with Covid, wife got it but not as bad. 6 weeks on, he gets dizzy spells, non-stop cough, blurred vision, can't drive. Has been told it could be minimum of 6 months to recover

Get the fooking vax!