FabSwingers.com
 

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Laser eye surgery

Laser eye surgery

Jump to: Newest in thread

 

By *targazer65 OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Rorks drift

I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ikerdude600Man 10 weeks ago

co Durham

Had it done about 8 years ago still got 20/20 vision one of the best things I ever did

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *lik and PaulCouple 10 weeks ago

cahoots

About 23 years ago for me and still perfect general vision although I do use reading glasses now but that's just an age thing.

Best advice, research and pick your surgeon

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *targazer65 OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Rorks drift


"Had it done about 8 years ago still got 20/20 vision one of the best things I ever did"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *targazer65 OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Rorks drift


"About 23 years ago for me and still perfect general vision although I do use reading glasses now but that's just an age thing.

Best advice, research and pick your surgeon "

Thanks for the heads up

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *rafter69Man 10 weeks ago

upminster

Had it done 20 years ago best money I have ever spent and would assume even better results now. You wont regret it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *inkyropecoupleCouple 10 weeks ago

carluke

Got mine done about 25 years ago. Ended up slightly overcorrected which mean my vision over distance was better than most, two side effects. My left eye weeps if the wind gets in to it and I see a halo around lights on cars at night - was told these were common side effects and neither bother me.

Unfortunately now getting to an age where reading glasses are not far away.

If I went back in time I would have done it sooner, best decision I ever made and made such a difference to all aspects of my life from playing sports, socialising and best of all being able to wear any sunglasses I wanted to without contact lenses!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *anny613Man 10 weeks ago

matlock

[Removed by poster at 29/07/26 21:56:21]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *anny613Man 10 weeks ago

matlock

Had mine done in 2008, and it's still as good today as when I had it done.

As soon as I left the place, my eyes went really tired and were very sensitive to light, I got home and went straight to bed.

I woke up 4 hours later and could see real life in 4k, I was amazed.

After care was pretty simple and only for a week or so

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings


"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?"

Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer.

But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *uffinandTheJokerCouple 10 weeks ago

Somewhere just outside London

Jumping on thr post. How sussessful is it for people with -10 vision. Would love to get rid of these binoculars 😂

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ub Bi GuyMan 10 weeks ago

Shrewsbury


"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?

Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer.

But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation."

How long ago was that?

I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *rafter69Man 10 weeks ago

upminster


"Jumping on thr post. How sussessful is it for people with -10 vision. Would love to get rid of these binoculars 😂 "

Go get it done, best thing ever and as stated about, a nights sleep and the day is like viewing in 4k

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *targazer65 OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Rorks drift


"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?

Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer.

But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation."

Assumed laser surgery and lens replacement were under the same umbrella. Yes it's lens replacement I'm having for both eyes. Mines double that lol. Not sure I would be ok with going abroad for it as you here these horror stories about surgery done abroad

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings


"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?

Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer.

But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation.

How long ago was that?

I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain!"

About 6 weeks ago she flew out on the Sunday and flew back on the Friday.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings


"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?

Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer.

But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation.

How long ago was that?

I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain!

About 6 weeks ago she flew out on the Sunday and flew back on the Friday. "

She went out with a mate both hat it done both are happy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ifelover999Man 10 weeks ago

Eastbourne


"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?

Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer.

But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation.

How long ago was that?

I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain!

About 6 weeks ago she flew out on the Sunday and flew back on the Friday.

She went out with a mate both hat it done both are happy. "

Can you dm me where she went plse

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings

Done sent you a link

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *tephanie 9090TV/TS 9 weeks ago

BISHOP

Had laser treatment 25yrs ago, absolutely best money ever spent. In on the Friday, severe pain Saturday and Sunday but on the Monday it was a miracle. Perfect vision.

Only wear reading glasses now but at my age (72) that's acceptable.

Stephanie...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *dible_KinkCouple 9 weeks ago

Aberdeen

I've had it done twice. I first got PRK in 2001. My eyes were never back to 20/20, but it was still by far the best thing I ever did as I hated wearing contact lenses, and kept breaking my very expensive glasses when I was out on the piss!! My eyes deteriorated and I had them re-done in 2023. As this was the second time, I couldn't get the most effective treatment (LASIK), so they performed LASEK. Again, I dont have perfect vision, but it was worth doing to keep the wolves from the door in the glasses / lenses department. Since the second go I do struggle with close up, small writing, but that could be an age thing. Overall I would recommend it to anyone. It's a weird sensation whilst its being done, and definitely "bearably" sore for a few days afrerwords, but well worth it!

I would say Lens surgery definitely seems to be the way to go these days, but I can't comment on that other than to say I would definitely consider having it done in the future if it would benefit me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple 9 weeks ago

Somerset

I had it done and it adversely affected my night vision. The same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *vcdmodeljennyTV/TS 9 weeks ago

marske

Best thing i ever had done its a new world when.done

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *vcdmodeljennyTV/TS 9 weeks ago

marske

Its free on nhs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 6 weeks ago

Hastings


"Its free on nhs"

I would say you had it done for cataracts not just because you did not want to wair glasses.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *AngelXWoman 6 weeks ago

North East

I had RLE two years ago and it's the best £8000 I have spent. Tried for 20 years to get it and kept being told I was too young and to come back when Im older 😂.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ond-26Man 5 weeks ago

Manchester

Had it and still have some dry eye and night vision issues

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *orkiebar51Man 5 weeks ago

Keighley

Developed cataracts in both eyes. Bilateral lens replacement free on NHS.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 5 weeks ago

Hastings

Wife had it done just so she did not need glasses at work and every day. Was an OK price in Prague.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 5 weeks ago

Hastings


"Had it and still have some dry eye and night vision issues "

Was that lasic or lens replacement.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ornyFukker40sMan 5 weeks ago

Fife

I had mine done in 2009, cost quite a bit back then as I was -8 in both eyes…. Perfect vision now. Had “wavefront” or something like that surgery. Pretty sure it was at vision express/optical express in silverburn, Glasgow

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ersatilefoxMan 5 weeks ago

Notts

I've had vitreous disconnection in both eyes so not suitable for laser surgery. I had big floaters as a result which have broken into millions of pieces so my vision is slightly foggy but still meets driving standards.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 5 weeks ago

Hastings


"I've had vitreous disconnection in both eyes so not suitable for laser surgery. I had big floaters as a result which have broken into millions of pieces so my vision is slightly foggy but still meets driving standards. "

Have you looked at lens replacement not lazer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *inaTitzTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've had my eyes lasered to reduce pressure in them. It seems ok so far. I was disappointed by the laser, though. It was tiny. I told the Dr that it wouldn't make me talk. Luckily he'd seen Goldfinger

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *hatbrummieMan 5 weeks ago

BIRMINGHAM

never regretted having mine done, my eyes are perfect now for finding my glasses that i could never find, although dont need them now even after 10 years

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *londebiguyMan 5 weeks ago

Southport

I know a few people who have trouble with vision at night and with flares around lights.

That's what would put me off.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *londebiguyMan 5 weeks ago

Southport


"Wife had it done just so she did not need glasses at work and every day. Was an OK price in Prague. "

Please could you let me know where she has it done?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 5 weeks ago

Hastings


"Wife had it done just so she did not need glasses at work and every day. Was an OK price in Prague.

Please could you let me know where she has it done?"

Just sent you a link.

She went out on a Sunday and was back on the Friday

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *he blind assassin 007Man 5 weeks ago

nearby

Reading these posts, you all make me jealous LOL

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ersatilefoxMan 5 weeks ago

Notts


"I've had vitreous disconnection in both eyes so not suitable for laser surgery. I had big floaters as a result which have broken into millions of pieces so my vision is slightly foggy but still meets driving standards.

Have you looked at lens replacement not lazer "

They won't consider anything because one of the top mounting points has come adrift on both eyes. It's not the lenses that have gone cloudy like cataracts. It's the vitreous fluid that the retina etc is suspended in. The only option it to drain that fluid off and replace it with synthetic fluid, and as far as I know that isn't an option. Plus they can't reatatch the vitreous sack. Unlike the retina.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *abstraiaghtcplCouple 5 weeks ago

local

Yip

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *loodydeliciousMan 5 weeks ago

Tyneside


"I know a few people who have trouble with vision at night and with flares around lights.

That's what would put me off."

I have issues with flares around lights at night, much stronger on one eye. It goes away if I squint but it's tiring during long nights drives on busy roads.

But overall it's a huge upgrade in life quality compared to glasses and contacts. No regret at all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ildo44Man 5 weeks ago

leeds

Got one eye done bout 20 years ago the long distance is back to how it was pre op

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *icecouple561Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex


"I've had vitreous disconnection in both eyes so not suitable for laser surgery. I had big floaters as a result which have broken into millions of pieces so my vision is slightly foggy but still meets driving standards.

Have you looked at lens replacement not lazer

They won't consider anything because one of the top mounting points has come adrift on both eyes. It's not the lenses that have gone cloudy like cataracts. It's the vitreous fluid that the retina etc is suspended in. The only option it to drain that fluid off and replace it with synthetic fluid, and as far as I know that isn't an option. Plus they can't reatatch the vitreous sack. Unlike the retina. "

I had a vitrectomy due to a hole in the macular of one of my eyes, which involves replacing the vitreous fluid with saline and placing a gas bubble on the macular hole. It is not a pleasant procedure by any stretch of the imagination but if they were to consider it I'd recommend it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ombikerMan 4 days ago

the right side of the river

Two friends of mine had lense replacement done and they said it's the best decision they ever made.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *dtfMan 2 days ago

Edinburgh

I had it done about 15 yrs ago..

starting to struggle now with tv and driving...

went for a consultation for lense replacement - 10k!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *inkShyWoman 2 days ago

near Windsor

Had it about 12 years ago, best thing ever. I recovered within a day. Even with the cost of the surgery I've saved a fortune on glasses and prescription sunglasses.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *heBlankPMan 2 days ago

widnes

15 years ago, best money I ever spent.

Woke up the next day with 20/20 vision!

Saved money in the long run too.

Wish I’d got it done years before.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 2 days ago

Hastings


"I had it done about 15 yrs ago..

starting to struggle now with tv and driving...

went for a consultation for lense replacement - 10k!!!!! "

Read the thread wife had it done in Prague £3500 + flight and acomedation

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 2 days ago

Hastings


"15 years ago, best money I ever spent.

Woke up the next day with 20/20 vision!

Saved money in the long run too.

Wish I’d got it done years before. "

Replacement or lazer ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *heBlankPMan 2 days ago

widnes

Lazer Lasik

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *AngelXWoman 2 days ago

North East

I had lens replacement done 2 years ago, vision was too bad for laser despite trying for almost 20years. Best money I ever spent.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *lderflowerAppleWoman 19 hours ago

Hampshire

I had it done at about 40 after a lifetime of being shortsighted. Best decision I ever made.

However.... Hit 50 and muscle changes in the eye socket meant the shape of my eye ball changed (and will continue to do so), resulting in needing corrective lenses again. Nothing they can do to correct this as it's a natural part of aging, and affects most people.

I was warned of this when I had the surgery, but thought I'd get a bit longer before it impacted.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 18 hours ago

Hastings


"I had it done at about 40 after a lifetime of being shortsighted. Best decision I ever made.

However.... Hit 50 and muscle changes in the eye socket meant the shape of my eye ball changed (and will continue to do so), resulting in needing corrective lenses again. Nothing they can do to correct this as it's a natural part of aging, and affects most people.

I was warned of this when I had the surgery, but thought I'd get a bit longer before it impacted."

Have you looked in to lens replacement.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *hapo421Man 18 hours ago

Wilmington

My mother had it done last year, it took a week or two for her to get used it but she is good

All the best

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *lderflowerAppleWoman 16 hours ago

Hampshire


"I had it done at about 40 after a lifetime of being shortsighted. Best decision I ever made.

However.... Hit 50 and muscle changes in the eye socket meant the shape of my eye ball changed (and will continue to do so), resulting in needing corrective lenses again. Nothing they can do to correct this as it's a natural part of aging, and affects most people.

I was warned of this when I had the surgery, but thought I'd get a bit longer before it impacted.

Have you looked in to lens replacement. "

Nah, not that bothered. If my eye shape is going to continue to change then the shape of the lens will continue to change as well, no? Regardless of having it replaced? Hypothetical question as I'm not going down the route of lens replacement.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *dtfMan 16 hours ago

Edinburgh


"I had it done about 15 yrs ago..

starting to struggle now with tv and driving...

went for a consultation for lense replacement - 10k!!!!!

Read the thread wife had it done in Prague £3500 + flight and acomedation "

yeah I'll look in to it. definitely more expensive having lens replacement after having laser as its special lenses as your eyes shape has changed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 16 hours ago

Hastings

Lens replacement also means you will never get cataracts as the lens has been replaced all ready.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *haft10Man 15 hours ago

Wandsworth


"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?

Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer.

But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation.

How long ago was that?

I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain!"

My brother had it done for £4000 in 2019 over here

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *onathanjonesMan 15 hours ago

Chester

My old next door neighbour was 80 years old.

He went away for a week, and came back with red eyes!

I said, wow, what’s happened?!

He said, I now have the eyesight of a child! That’s what’s happened!!!

He raved on about it until the end.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ub Bi GuyMan 14 hours ago

Shrewsbury

Hi,

Could you please send me the details of where your wife went in Prague.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *hapo421Man 10 hours ago

Wilmington


"Had laser treatment 25yrs ago, absolutely best money ever spent. In on the Friday, severe pain Saturday and Sunday but on the Monday it was a miracle. Perfect vision.

Only wear reading glasses now but at my age (72) that's acceptable.

Stephanie...

"

I think this was the similar experience of my Mother

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *he MinionMan 9 hours ago

Surrey

Two older siblings have both had lens replacement surgery. Both swear by it, so I'm researching into it now.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *apua New GuineaMan 6 hours ago

nearby

Had it done in early 2000's, now my eyesight is deteriorating a little due to age but I'm so glad I had it done.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

 

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 6 hours ago

Hastings


"Two older siblings have both had lens replacement surgery. Both swear by it, so I'm researching into it now.

"

If you want a link mail me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

  

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 6 hours ago

Hastings

https://www.beautyinprague.com/surgeries/eye-lens-replacement-surgery/?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=10832920273&gbraid=0AAAAAD-wd-LWC0qygalc2AWCYId0cJ7ew&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr_2qqKCxkwMVTYFQBh17PBlyEAAYASAAEgIlLfD_BwE

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic

0.0781

0