FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Round of applause for Boris

Round of applause for Boris

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oneyjule65 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Halifax

Seen on Facebook people suggesting a round of applause for Boris tomorrow (Sunday) at 8pm to show we are all behind him during all this...

Thoughts?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Seen on Facebook people suggesting a round of applause for Boris tomorrow (Sunday) at 8pm to show we are all behind him during all this...

Thoughts?"

I'll be washing my hair then...sorry

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Seen on Facebook people suggesting a round of applause for Boris tomorrow (Sunday) at 8pm to show we are all behind him during all this...

Thoughts?"

Is there a rolling eye emoji.?

I've got a jigsaw to complete.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

No thank you ... at an online yoga class

liverpool

This is going well

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

i heard they were planning one for Amazon and Hermes sometime between 9 and 18.00

Pahahaha!!!

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Why not what harm will it do.

I can't understand why people are knocking him , he's trying his best under extremely difficult circumstances.

Let's be honest who the hell would want to be him at the moment?

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Cutting my toe nails then so sorry won't be joining in

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

No thanks!

Halifax

"This is going well"

Isn't it?

liverpool

"Why not what harm will it do.

I can't understand why people are knocking him , he's trying his best under extremely difficult circumstances.

Let's be honest who the hell would want to be him at the moment?"

No one made him pm

Halifax

Totally agree with you..

Halifax

No one made him pm"

It is what it is though...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'm with you on this. When this started I thought omg. But I've been quite happy with how he has been doing things. I was worried he was going to slap us down to total lockdown really early on

Dont want the virus...but yeah I would hate to think I was a self centred dickhead who only cares that he has the top job but in all honesty....cares fuck all about anyone else...

No one made him pm"

I think you will find there was an election where lots of people voted for the party that wanted him to be PM. So the electorate did make him PM. Hope that isn't too confusing for you

Bristol

Because if he wasn’t PM, there’s a chance our useless government wouldn’t have squandered two months doing the square root of fuck all except challenging & denigrating the WHO and other governments, when they should have been preparing for what was obviously coming.

Considering how useless the rest of the current government is, it’s a slim chance naturally, but nevertheless the blame for our unpreparedness is on him.

Any UK government in history would be better at dealing with a crisis than this one.

liverpool

No one made him pm

I think you will find there was an election where lots of people voted for the party that wanted him to be PM. So the electorate did make him PM. Hope that isn't too confusing for you "

I think you will find he applied for the job

Hope that isnt too confusing for you

Bristol

Let's be honest who the hell would want to be him at the moment? I'm with you on this. When this started I thought omg. But I've been quite happy with how he has been doing things. I was worried he was going to slap us down to total lockdown really early on"

Which he should have done. The fact he didn’t is why we are screwed.

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I don't like Boris.

That said I think he's doing a decent job.

I wouldn't want to swap with him.

That's why I'm not trying to be Prime Minister.

Some of the things he's done and said in the past aren't just forgotten because he's sailing through a shit storm now.

I won't be clapping.

Awful idea. Flawed on so many levels

No one made him pm

I think you will find there was an election where lots of people voted for the party that wanted him to be PM. So the electorate did make him PM. Hope that isn't too confusing for you

Hope that isnt too confusing for you"

He thought all he would have to do was, get brexit done and bury the poor fuckers that voted him in... He wasn't prepared for any more than that and it has showed

liverpool

No one made him pm

Hope that isnt too confusing for you

He thought all he would have to do was, get brexit done and bury the poor fuckers that voted him in... He wasn't prepared for any more than that and it has showed"

Spot on

By *illy999TV/TS  over a year ago

Taunton

Thoughts?

Is there a rolling eye emoji.?"

Or maybe two ,even a sneezing one, all over him.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Lets judge him when this is over. We were warned to take action sooner, which we ignored by our own experts appointed by our government.

So its early to say he is doing a fantastic job. His decisions could have major consequences.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Because if he wasn’t PM, there’s a chance our useless government wouldn’t have squandered two months doing the square root of fuck all except challenging & denigrating the WHO and other governments, when they should have been preparing for what was obviously coming.

Considering how useless the rest of the current government is, it’s a slim chance naturally, but nevertheless the blame for our unpreparedness is on him.

Any UK government in history would be better at dealing with a crisis than this one."

He has handled things exactly how the experts have advised him too and in the same way most countries have, the timing has varied depending on how far the virus has spread, lockdown timing is crucial in allowing peak infection and is an educated guess, only time will tell if we or any other country got it right. Those who think the virus could have been stopped are deluded, once the first plane out of China with an infected person on board had landed elsewhere stopping it was not possible, protecting the vulnerable is and was the only way to stop deaths, the huge majority of the rest of us have to have it.

Thoughts?

Is there a rolling eye emoji.?

Or maybe two ,even a sneezing one, all over him. "

So you would condone intentionally giving someone the virus knowing it could kill them

Any UK government in history would be better at dealing with a crisis than this one.

He has handled things exactly how the experts have advised him too and in the same way most countries have, the timing has varied depending on how far the virus has spread, lockdown timing is crucial in allowing peak infection and is an educated guess, only time will tell if we or any other country got it right. Those who think the virus could have been stopped are deluded, once the first plane out of China with an infected person on board had landed elsewhere stopping it was not possible, protecting the vulnerable is and was the only way to stop deaths, the huge majority of the rest of us have to have it."

Well I think everyone should read the Lancet article first

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30727-3/fulltext

We have not seen the worst of this yet, I will not be clapping him

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I thinks he’s doing ok.

He should have copied the German model but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He’s better than the alternative that some people on this thread predicted as a shoe in for prime minister.

I can't understand why people are knocking him , he's trying his best under extremely difficult circumstances.well said

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

Watch the Newsnight clip of the editor of The Lancet systematically decimating this government's response to Covid-19.

Then think about whether or not you want to applaud the prime minister.

Near Cowbridge

"Well I think everyone should read the Lancet article first

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30727-3/fulltext

We have not seen the worst of this yet, I will not be clapping him"

Great minds and all that

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Very far from being a Doris fan. Do not agree with many of his ideas but he is the PM and is doing his best in very VERY difficult circumstances. He would get a clap from me.....

Bristol

He has handled things exactly how the experts have advised him too and in the same way most countries have, the timing has varied depending on how far the virus has spread, lockdown timing is crucial in allowing peak infection and is an educated guess, only time will tell if we or any other country got it right. Those who think the virus could have been stopped are deluded, once the first plane out of China with an infected person on board had landed elsewhere stopping it was not possible, protecting the vulnerable is and was the only way to stop deaths, the huge majority of the rest of us have to have it."

And this credulity is why we have such a useless government.

You don’t seem to wonder why the advice of ‘experts’ changed on a daily basis, or why our experts were advising in contravention of WHO experts, or why government policy changed in relation to ‘the science changing’, or why our emergency services are so woefully unprepared after having been starved of funding for a decade, or why we aren’t part of the EU’s ventilator distribution scheme because our government supposedly mislaid the email as they claimed yesterday, despite a minister talking about it a week ago, etc etc ad infinitum.

Unfortunately in this country we are fighting two epidemics - one is COVID 19, the other is stupidity. While we may eventually control the former, the latter appears to be baked in to our voters.

"I don't like Boris.

That said I think he's doing a decent job.

I wouldn't want to swap with him.

That's why I'm not trying to be Prime Minister.

Some of the things he's done and said in the past aren't just forgotten because he's sailing through a shit storm now.

I won't be clapping."

Agreed

bournemouth

One expert said thousands would die from eating eggs another said hundreds of thousands from nvcjd, total so far under two hundred, not all experts are right, which is why governments listen to many to come to a consensus. The WHO think it will be around 1% who will die

By *illiamMeetsMan  over a year ago

bowden

Thoughts?"

He's leading by example havingbtested positive. he's male, obese, he's at elevated risk.

Gonna be doing my nails as I listen to the people on QVC. Sad that I watch or listen to qvc, int it?

By *idlandsdaveMan  over a year ago

Tamworth

He should have shut us down 2 weeks ago . The mindless twats that still keep going out dont care about anyone else . This is pointless keep letting everyone in to supermarkets at the same time . Even India got it right for a billion people you dont go out till told .

By *ayRosesWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Watch the Newsnight clip of the editor of The Lancet systematically decimating this government's response to Covid-19.

Then think about whether or not you want to applaud the prime minister. "

Absolutely. Whilst I hope he recovers quickly, mostly to save the NHS another patient at this time, his behaviour and that of those close to him has been woefully inadequate. I most definitely would not participate in a round of applause for him.

liverpool

If they are following medical advice why are they being reactive instead of proactive?

Thoughts?"

I’d happily do it!

By *erterjonesMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Thoughts?"

a one handed clap !

"He should have shut us down 2 weeks ago . The mindless twats that still keep going out dont care about anyone else . This is pointless keep letting everyone in to supermarkets at the same time . Even India got it right for a billion people you dont go out till told . "

That still would not have worked. Idiots are still out a week after lockdown

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I get the feeling this won't be as popular as Thursday's effort

liverpool

"Watch the Newsnight clip of the editor of The Lancet systematically decimating this government's response to Covid-19.

Then think about whether or not you want to applaud the prime minister. "

People bury their head in the sand

No one made him pm"

You miss the last General election I guess then (face-palm)

And this is why political debate on fab is hopeless!

"And this is why political debate on fab is hopeless!"

With some yes, plenty are capable though

Because him and his ilk have repeated downgraded our NHS and societal values.

"And this is why political debate on fab is hopeless!

With some yes, plenty are capable though "

By *hyandtwistedCouple  over a year ago

loughborough

I won't be clapping, I also wouldn't want to be him right now though for all the money he has or will make.

I'm waiting until he gets compared to Churchill. The isolation should have started much sooner that was clear.

Do I think Labor would have done any better nope..

The measure of his government will be what state we are all in in a year or two

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

God all this slagging down of one man. Why don't you just all grow up. How many of you think you can do a better job.

"God all this slagging down of one man. Why don't you just all grow up. How many of you think you can do a better job. "

All the ones that slag him off most probably while funnily enough never saying how he should be doing things differently

liverpool

"God all this slagging down of one man. Why don't you just all grow up. How many of you think you can do a better job. "

It's called debate

"God all this slagging down of one man. Why don't you just all grow up. How many of you think you can do a better job.

All the ones that slag him off most probably while funnily enough never saying how he should be doing things differently "

See Nicola sturgeon for notes.

"i heard they were planning one for Amazon and Hermes sometime between 9 and 18.00"

Oh very good!!!! Lol

liverpool

"God all this slagging down of one man. Why don't you just all grow up. How many of you think you can do a better job.

All the ones that slag him off most probably while funnily enough never saying how he should be doing things differently "

Plenty could have been done different

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Thoughts?"

I'm no fan of Johnson so won't be going out to give him a round of applause.

That being said I do actually think, on balance, he's getting this about right. Yes, he's made some big mistakes, especially on the EU procurement of ventilators and the lack of testing and tracking since we moved from containment, but overall I really don't think that Corbyn or Swinton would have done any better.

For now, in his handling of this crisis, he has my backing but definitely not my applause.

I've a thread for that...and funnily enough it's hardly got any posts

By *illy999TV/TS  over a year ago

Taunton

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 15:15:36]

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No one made him pm"

Yes they did,the majority of people that voted Tory

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

liverpool

No one made him pmYes they did,the majority of people that voted Tory"

Sigh

For the 2nd time

No one made him apply.

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 15:22:30]

Trying his best!!! This is his job, he could’ve done better and should do better. He was desperate for the job (fame/power), so do what you are paid for. He’s still being pain (a lot of money), many people are not being paid. Xx

So no, I will not be clapping. I’d rather clap for the parents of children with additional needs, who’s child(ren) can not go to school, who’s respite has been cancelled, who’s medication is difficult to source (some since the Brexit circus) and support systems (family/friends) are now not available. Xxx

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"i heard they were planning one for Amazon and Hermes sometime between 9 and 18.00"

Funny!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 15:15:36]"
ah the tolerant left

liverpool

Love the way you are not even allowed an opinion on here.

Last I looked we lived in a democracy.If you think the gmnt are doing something wrong you are allowed to Express that opinion.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

ah the post was removed surprise surprise

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Watching EastEnders

Burton on Trent

"Trying his best!!! This is his job, he could’ve done better and should do better. He was desperate for the job (fame/power), so do what you are paid for. He’s still being pain (a lot of money), many people are not being paid. Xx

So no, I will not be clapping. I’d rather clap for the parents of children with additional needs, who’s child(ren) can not go to school, who’s respite has been cancelled, who’s medication is difficult to source (some since the Brexit circus) and support systems (family/friends) are now not available. Xxx "

I'm still working f/t. My son, with additional needs, is with me all the time I'm not. I'm trying to arrange for him to come to work with me occasionally. Do him the world of good.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

No one made him pmYes they did,the majority of people that voted Tory"

43% of 67% of voters isn’t really a majority but yeah those people made him pm, because he was the only person put forward. Both parties m_mberships were unable to find anyone capable so they put forward a complete cunts and a communist and said choose your fate.

Just stay indoors ffs

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

I for one would not be applauding any individual who flouts their own guidelines and now relies on the very workforce he voted against a pay rise for, that so many rely on and are ACTUALLY doing the more difficult job

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

Not that he himself would be relying on the NHS mind you

Is never clap a tory

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No one made him pmYes they did,the majority of people that voted Tory

43% of 67% of voters isn’t really a majority but yeah those people made him pm, because he was the only person put forward. Both parties m_mberships were unable to find anyone capable so they put forward a complete cunts and a communist and said choose your fate."

as the Conservatives romped home with a considerably larger parliamentary majority than expected AND a Prime Minster whose popularity continues to increase since the democratic election in Dec_mber, we should in fact be saying thank you to the Conservative m_mbership for making such a good selection .

Thank you for highlighting it was the conservative m_mbership who provided us with a strong leader capable of getting the country through these unprecedented times.

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

I will be at the pub, sorry Boris

By *emptd2Man  over a year ago

Wimbledon & Birmingham

No thanks.

Lol exactly Snap

Popular as he is, he thought he could fudge his way with this virus and has completely underestimated the enormity of the task. He is not helped by picking a cabinet that are equally clueless.

I reckon Gove is thinking to himself that he could be PM in a month or two.

No one made him pm"

Yet another educated statement to appear on here.

The WHO said to test, test ,test.( tracing) and (relatively )we are testing too few people compared to other countries -

we should have started doing a month ago and isolating more people.

We have too little info on how spread this disease is

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ll certainly not be clapping why would anyone clap a man who suggested the mass production of ventilators could be called “operation last gasp” He’s a narcissist who cares for no one but himself and his rich cronies

liverpool

43% of 67% of voters isn’t really a majority but yeah those people made him pm, because he was the only person put forward. Both parties m_mberships were unable to find anyone capable so they put forward a complete cunts and a communist and said choose your fate.

as the Conservatives romped home with a considerably larger parliamentary majority than expected AND a Prime Minster whose popularity continues to increase since the democratic election in Dec_mber, we should in fact be saying thank you to the Conservative m_mbership for making such a good selection .

Thank you for highlighting it was the conservative m_mbership who provided us with a strong leader capable of getting the country through these unprecedented times.

"

When you saying..getting us through these unprecedented times

Presumably you mean..soaring death count,NHS staff with severe lack of protective equipment,contradictory messeges to the public,refusing vital ventilators.lack of test kits..still not screening people from iinfected areas..allowing old people to die..those type of things?

Very few of us but Boris was warned about this in January and did very little about it. He even allowed test kits to be exported abroad

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Popular as he is, he thought he could fudge his way with this virus and has completely underestimated the enormity of the task. He is not helped by picking a cabinet that are equally clueless."

This.

I won't be clapping.

liverpool

No one made him pm

Yet another educated statement to appear on here. "

Yet another person who cant read

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

Let's be honest who the hell would want to be him at the moment? I'm with you on this. When this started I thought omg. But I've been quite happy with how he has been doing things. I was worried he was going to slap us down to total lockdown really early on

Which he should have done. The fact he didn’t is why we are screwed."

And then everyone would have been whinging about their human rights and civil liberties. I think he's doing a decent job given the circumstances. Anyone who thinks Corbyn would have done a better job with Abbott as his deputy is deluded.

liverpool

"Very few of us but Boris was warned about this in January and did very little about it. He even allowed test kits to be exported abroad"

It began in late Dec_mber.

In march the NHS are have to beg for money to be raised.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm breathing in or out then, so it's a no. His delay in implementing controls, not ordering appropriate NHS supplies etc, not planning in January etc, have cost us thousands of lives.

Near Cowbridge

I won't clap for a proven racist and Islamophobic

York

Presumably you mean..soaring death count,NHS staff with severe lack of protective equipment,contradictory messeges to the public,refusing vital ventilators.lack of test kits..still not screening people from iinfected areas..allowing old people to die..those type of things?"

Is the NHS not in charge of its own procurement or is there someone in Boris's cabinet that does all the buying for them?

liverpool

Let's be honest who the hell would want to be him at the moment? I'm with you on this. When this started I thought omg. But I've been quite happy with how he has been doing things. I was worried he was going to slap us down to total lockdown really early on

And then everyone would have been whinging about their human rights and civil liberties. I think he's doing a decent job given the circumstances. Anyone who thinks Corbyn would have done a better job with Abbott as his deputy is deluded."

The corbyn who advocated for more funding to be spent on public services.

The corbyn who was pilloried for doing so.

That Corbyn,?

liverpool

Presumably you mean..soaring death count,NHS staff with severe lack of protective equipment,contradictory messeges to the public,refusing vital ventilators.lack of test kits..still not screening people from iinfected areas..allowing old people to die..those type of things?

Is the NHS not in charge of its own procurement or is there someone in Boris's cabinet that does all the buying for them? "

Who decides the nhs budget?

bournemouth

He has handled things exactly how the experts have advised him too and in the same way most countries have, the timing has varied depending on how far the virus has spread, lockdown timing is crucial in allowing peak infection and is an educated guess, only time will tell if we or any other country got it right. Those who think the virus could have been stopped are deluded, once the first plane out of China with an infected person on board had landed elsewhere stopping it was not possible, protecting the vulnerable is and was the only way to stop deaths, the huge majority of the rest of us have to have it.

If they are following medical advice why are they being reactive instead of proactive?"

They are proactive, they called lockdown at the time the experts advised and will loosen it when and how they suggest.

liverpool

Is the NHS not in charge of its own procurement or is there someone in Boris's cabinet that does all the buying for them? "

Are you saying the NHS lack of protective equipment Is the fault of the nhs?

liverpool

If they are following medical advice why are they being reactive instead of proactive?

They are proactive, they called lockdown at the time the experts advised and will loosen it when and how they suggest."

They allowed big events to go ahead

Boris said big crowds were ok

The day later all footy was suspended

He allowed pubs to stay open and a week later closed them

Thats not proactive.

Thoughts?"

Seen on Facebook so it must be true !

York

Is the NHS not in charge of its own procurement or is there someone in Boris's cabinet that does all the buying for them?

Who decides the nhs budget?"

Perhaps if the NHS didn't squander so much of its budget on bureaucracy and multi million pound pieces of 'art' in its hospitals there would be more for the equipment they need. But let's not be biased, I know all too well the MOD also squander their budget instead of the lads getting decent kit.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Presumably you mean..soaring death count,NHS staff with severe lack of protective equipment,contradictory messeges to the public,refusing vital ventilators.lack of test kits..still not screening people from iinfected areas..allowing old people to die..those type of things?"

That’s your opinion, which you are entitled to

I won’t comment on your opinion

Widnes

I can't help feeling that maybe this whole idea has been put forward by some idiot who just wasn't capable of seeing how divisive an idea it actually was.

There are many people who just hate Johnson and the Tories and it wouldn't matter what he said or did they would still just hate him and criticise it because he's Johnson and a Tory.

However there are also quite a lot of people who, whilst still not liking Johnson, are willing to put the partisan politics aside while we navigate this crisis and save any recriminations until after the worst is over. But asking them to go out and applaud Johnson is really just too much.

We'll know when we get to the other side of this crisis how well Johnson has actually done and then, and only then, will it be time for applause or recrimination for his actions.

liverpool

Perhaps if the NHS didn't squander so much of its budget on bureaucracy and multi million pound pieces of 'art' in its hospitals there would be more for the equipment they need. But let's not be biased, I know all too well the MOD also squander their budget instead of the lads getting decent kit."

Ha ha ha absolutely fucking priceless

Drs and nurses dont have the protective equipment after 10 years of austerity and cut backs and the gmnt take no blame whatsoever.

I take my hat off to you sir.

Do you buy the daily mail by chance?

By *ust ClareTV/TS  over a year ago

Settlewick!

It negates the response given to the NHS,so although I think he's doing his best,it's not an 'above and beyond' response

Burton on Trent

"I can't help feeling that maybe this whole idea has been put forward by some idiot who just wasn't capable of seeing how divisive an idea it actually was.

There are many people who just hate Johnson and the Tories and it wouldn't matter what he said or did they would still just hate him and criticise it because he's Johnson and a Tory.

However there are also quite a lot of people who, whilst still not liking Johnson, are willing to put the partisan politics aside while we navigate this crisis and save any recriminations until after the worst is over. But asking them to go out and applaud Johnson is really just too much.

We'll know when we get to the other side of this crisis how well Johnson has actually done and then, and only then, will it be time for applause or recrimination for his actions.

"

History is the judge.

Will the proletariat be the executioner?

By *addubMan  over a year ago

dublin. 12

To little to late think how many lives could have been saved if he acted sooner he deserves a noose around his neck.

bournemouth

They are proactive, they called lockdown at the time the experts advised and will loosen it when and how they suggest.

Thats not proactive."

Of course it is, you plainly haven't a clue .

Until a vaccine is available ALL countries have no choice but to allow the majority of non vulnerable people to catch it, it of course follows that some vulnerable will catch it too as people are infectious before symptoms appear and a large number never have any symptoms, the quickest way to get through this is to allow it to spread until those seriously ill start to overload the health services, you then lockdown to control spread, you CANT STOP it but you can slow it, when numbers slow you can lessen lockdown rules and allow it to spread again but of course those who have recovered wont catch it and wont spread it(unless they touch a contaminated surface and then touch someone else or thing) its yet to be seen if one lo known is enough or if another maybe needed.

Once a test to see who has had the virus is available it will be a game changer as it will be a good guide to see what percentage have already had it.

As has been said there is no other way it cant be stopped and lockdown cant go on for months and as soon as it is lifted the spread will happen until most have caught it. The only way is to keep the vulnerable away from it.

You have been told this many times, use your brain and think about it you have never come up with any argument against these facts

I find some of the comments unreal!

The job he has took on was never a easy one with leaving the eu and trying to sort trade deals. Add into this Boris has done an amazing job.

Also the BS about underspending, well you can thank Labour for that. They left UK PLC on it’s knees. The only reason why we have money is due to the cuts that the Tory party HAD to make.

I’m amazed the Uk is not at the top of the tree with all the doctors, scientists and economics graduates there is on Fab....

liverpool

Thats not proactive.

Until a vaccine is available ALL countries have no choice but to allow the majority of non vulnerable people to catch it, it of course follows that some vulnerable will catch it too as people are infectious before symptoms appear and a large number never have any symptoms, the quickest way to get through this is to allow it to spread until those seriously ill start to overload the health services, you then lockdown to control spread, you CANT STOP it but you can slow it, when numbers slow you can lessen lockdown rules and allow it to spread again but of course those who have recovered wont catch it and wont spread it(unless they touch a contaminated surface and then touch someone else or thing) its yet to be seen if one lo known is enough or if another maybe needed.

Once a test to see who has had the virus is available it will be a game changer as it will be a good guide to see what percentage have already had it.

As has been said there is no other way it cant be stopped and lockdown cant go on for months and as soon as it is lifted the spread will happen until most have caught it. The only way is to keep the vulnerable away from it.

You have been told this many times, use your brain and think about it you have never come up with any argument against these facts"

Monday it's ok to attend big events

Tues fa say They are cancelling all ganes

Please explain in your patronising manner how exactly this is proactive?

liverpool

"I find some of the comments unreal!

The job he has took on was never a easy one with leaving the eu and trying to sort trade deals. Add into this Boris has done an amazing job.

Also the BS about underspending, well you can thank Labour for that. They left UK PLC on it’s knees. The only reason why we have money is due to the cuts that the Tory party HAD to make.

I’m amazed the Uk is not at the top of the tree with all the doctors, scientists and economics graduates there is on Fab.... "

You can thank the global financial crash for that you will find.

Funny they had the money there to bribe the dup

By *avinatvwirralTV/TS  over a year ago

wirral

Wouldn't piss in his ear if his brain was on fire how come he's been tested so quick and big ears ????

Widnes

And then everyone would have been whinging about their human rights and civil liberties. I think he's doing a decent job given the circumstances. Anyone who thinks Corbyn would have done a better job with Abbott as his deputy is deluded.

The corbyn who advocated for more funding to be spent on public services.

The corbyn who was pilloried for doing so.

That Corbyn,?"

Yes that one.

I'm really not sure he'd be doing ant better but at least with all the money spent in free high speed broadband for everyone Netflix wouldn't be having to reduce their streaming out put from 1080p to 470p.

It's all about priorities, isn't it?

Is this an early April fools ?

bournemouth

Thats not proactive.

You have been told this many times, use your brain and think about it you have never come up with any argument against these facts

Monday it's ok to attend big events

Tues fa say They are cancelling all ganes

Please explain in your patronising manner how exactly this is proactive?"

Try reading my post it explains what they are doing and have been planning.

If you cant understand then get someone to explain it,

No mention of 10 years of austerity and starvation of funds for the NHS by his party in that round of applause????

By *ooskiMan  over a year ago

south coast

Dont hold out much hope there as just watched latest gov update......what a shambles and miss communications...

That said i wouldnt want his job so fair play to him

liverpool

Thats not proactive.

You have been told this many times, use your brain and think about it you have never come up with any argument against these facts"

I cant post a link

Google herd immunity and look at foreign policy.com

I agree.

One thing that has been an awful handling of the crisis, is lack of PPE. While things were being monitored, a memo to all depts in NHS should have told them to acquire plenty of PPE. The DHSC should have had supplies to hand as other countries in Europe were facing their peaks.

I'm always reading their articles and published research (sad, I know ).

Widnes

"I can't help feeling that maybe this whole idea has been put forward by some idiot who just wasn't capable of seeing how divisive an idea it actually was.

History is the judge.

Will the proletariat be the executioner? "

No, the electorate will be the judge.

WHO knew that we have better experts on here than the WHO

By *OTTSFUN COUPLECouple  over a year ago

Hucknall Nottingham

I will be watching paint dry.

Bolton

south coast

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 16:49:50]

south coast

I agree.

One thing that has been an awful handling of the crisis, is lack of PPE. While things were being monitored, a memo to all depts in NHS should have told them to acquire plenty of PPE. The DHSC should have had supplies to hand as other countries in Europe were facing their peaks. "

According to the gov update today they knew and were getting ready for this before the world health org told them.....just had a delivery of over 40 million gloves and 25 million face masks....(might want to check those figures against population)

I’m amazed the Uk is not at the top of the tree with all the doctors, scientists and economics graduates there is on Fab....

Funny they had the money there to bribe the dup"

Ah okay... But hold on so when brown sold our gold that was because? You must rem_mber that when gold was at an all time low! Funny that or browns endless mistakes when he was in number 11....

Bolton

"Love the way you are not even allowed an opinion on here.

Last I looked we lived in a democracy. If you think the gmnt are doing something wrong you are allowed to Express that opinion."

Worry not I have taken quite pounding from the naysayers and doom mongers on here, of which there are few...!!

By *raig babyMan  over a year ago

West Mids or away

His doing the best he can, who would you have on charge, the knob head in charge of labour??

Mind you we all have free internet tho paid for the none spending on the NHS etc.

liverpool

"No mention of 10 years of austerity and starvation of funds for the NHS by his party in that round of applause????"

All labour's fault.

Do keep up

Funny they had the money there to bribe the dup

Ah okay... But hold on so when brown sold our gold that was because? You must rem_mber that when gold was at an all time low! Funny that or browns endless mistakes when he was in number 11.... "

Yep, because someone else of opposition did stupid shit before means all the atrocious things the tories have done recently are forgivable?!?

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

No one made him pm

I think you will find there was an election where lots of people voted for the party that wanted him to be PM. So the electorate did make him PM. Hope that isn't too confusing for you "

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"But I've been quite happy with how he has been doing things. I was worried he was going to slap us down to total lockdown really early on"

You mean like he should have done?

Anyone who is happy with his handling of the crisis just isn't paying attention.

Burton on Trent

"

His doing the best he can, who would you have on charge, the knob head in charge of labour??

Mind you we all have free internet tho paid for the none spending on the NHS etc."

But many of the policies Corbyn was demonstrated for are now being implemented. Sadly it seems some would still have those who wear tee shirts proclaiming 'f*** the NHS' presiding over us.

The reason it is wrong to clap for boris is because it was a gesture for the NHS. So we cant just appropriate it for other things otherwise it really fucking cheapens what was an amazing gesture.

Plus it's kind of fucked up to offer one man support when non of us have done that for others who have tested positive or even died.

So let's have some fucking perspective and keep doing the one thing that the nation can do to show solidarity with the NHS and key workers everywhere and that has fuck all to do with politics, fuck all to do with a lack of empathy or compassion for boris, and fuck all to do with how badly he is or isnt dealing with this shitstorm. The minutes applause is for the NHS and that should remain a unique gesture just for them

By *avenTinaCouple  over a year ago

Southport

"I will be at the pub, sorry Boris "
outside waiting for it to open?

Perhaps if the NHS didn't squander so much of its budget on bureaucracy and multi million pound pieces of 'art' in its hospitals there would be more for the equipment they need. But let's not be biased, I know all too well the MOD also squander their budget instead of the lads getting decent kit."

You've highlighted a problem that you may not be aware of: funds are allocated to different pots rather than one big pot in each Trust. Some pots will empty quickly. Other pots can not top up these empty pots. But depts lose the money if they don't spend on what's specified. I recall when the training staff pot was generously funded but they couldn't transfer funds to staff hours which was in the negative... It's ridiculous.

"To little to late think how many lives could have been saved if he acted sooner he deserves a noose around his neck."

Oh puhlease

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Oh dear

Ok maybe best to leave that there. Can people rem_mber not to abuse someone on the forum, be that calling them a C*** directly or indirectly. You will be banned. If you tot up a few bans especially for the same thing, you will get a permanent ban

Lets be civil please