FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Frisky Wales

Frisky Wales

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know there’s been many other threads started about Frisky Wales but I’m just dropping by with a reminder for everyone. Frisky Wales is a FREE (yes that’s right ladies and gents, free) postal sexual health screening service. So if you don’t want to visit a clinic for whatever reason, this is the perfect way to get yourself checked. I ordered my test on Thursday and it arrived this morning. My last test was back in August and I had my results within a week. There’s absolutely no excuse not to get yourself check people

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I used them for the first time recently, very impressed. The kit took a while to arrive but I’m sure that was the fault of the local sorting office rather than Frisky Wales. Once I sent it back, I had my results in two days.

By *efByOrgasmsMan  over a year ago

Heads of the Valleys

No excuse for anyone not getting it done now with this service.

Like my mama say better safe than sorry lol

By *ittleLillyTV/TS  over a year ago

Pontypool

I used their service last week. Kit arrived Monday, sent it back Tuesday, got my results yesterday. Really impressed with what an amazing service they’re providing!

By *rMrsMorningstarCouple  over a year ago

near bridgend

Will looking into it.

Thank you OP, I've seen it mentioned in forums but thought it was a chargeable service. But you've exclaimed it free which should get more people looking into this, like us..

Thank you very much..

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

Thanks OP I have just sent off for a kit I want to be ready for action when the vaccinations make it safe to meet

near bridgend

Just ordered ours..

Super simple, easy and totally embarrassment free!

Thanks again OP...

Oh no need to thank me. Just imagine me dressed a fairy spreading tidings of Frisky Wales across the nation!

Word of mouth (or forum posts) go a long way, and I think something like this is very important to keep banging on about!

near bridgend

Might even incorporate this into our profile..

Cardiff

"I used them for the first time recently, very impressed. The kit took a while to arrive but I’m sure that was the fault of the local sorting office rather than Frisky Wales. Once I sent it back, I had my results in two days."

And I should probably add, I’ve been using a paid service and the results came back just as quickly with this one. The only difference is the paid test is more comprehensive and tests for things that aren’t routinely tested for. The service itself is just as good with Frisky Wales as the paid one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I used them for the first time recently, very impressed. The kit took a while to arrive but I’m sure that was the fault of the local sorting office rather than Frisky Wales. Once I sent it back, I had my results in two days.

And I should probably add, I’ve been using a paid service and the results came back just as quickly with this one. The only difference is the paid test is more comprehensive and tests for things that aren’t routinely tested for. The service itself is just as good with Frisky Wales as the paid one."

Just wondered what other tests you get when you pay for a test rather than using Frisky Wales ?

Cardiff

"I used them for the first time recently, very impressed. The kit took a while to arrive but I’m sure that was the fault of the local sorting office rather than Frisky Wales. Once I sent it back, I had my results in two days.

And I should probably add, I’ve been using a paid service and the results came back just as quickly with this one. The only difference is the paid test is more comprehensive and tests for things that aren’t routinely tested for. The service itself is just as good with Frisky Wales as the paid one.

Just wondered what other tests you get when you pay for a test rather than using Frisky Wales ? "

The one I’ve used is the Superdrug online doctor one. The things it covers that FW doesn’t are mycoplasma genitalum, ureaplasma DNA, trichomonas vaginalis, gardnerella vaginalis, and herpes simplex I and II.

1 or 2 I haven’t heard of there .

You are never to old to learn something new . Thank you

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

Ordered one, thank you for the heads up

Cardiff

"1 or 2 I haven’t heard of there .

You are never to old to learn something new . Thank you "

No problem!

"I know there’s been many other threads started about Frisky Wales but I’m just dropping by with a reminder for everyone. Frisky Wales is a FREE (yes that’s right ladies and gents, free) postal sexual health screening service. So if you don’t want to visit a clinic for whatever reason, this is the perfect way to get yourself checked. I ordered my test on Thursday and it arrived this morning. My last test was back in August and I had my results within a week. There’s absolutely no excuse not to get yourself check people "

People that are still meeting should be banned from here imo.

I haven't had sex for months so I've no need for it but when we're in the clear this might be useful Xx

Cardiff

"I know there’s been many other threads started about Frisky Wales but I’m just dropping by with a reminder for everyone. Frisky Wales is a FREE (yes that’s right ladies and gents, free) postal sexual health screening service. So if you don’t want to visit a clinic for whatever reason, this is the perfect way to get yourself checked. I ordered my test on Thursday and it arrived this morning. My last test was back in August and I had my results within a week. There’s absolutely no excuse not to get yourself check people

I haven't had sex for months so I've no need for it but when we're in the clear this might be useful Xx"

Excuse me? The fact that people are getting tested doesn’t automatically mean they’re meeting! I’ve done one now because I hadn’t got round to it earlier in the year. I was still meeting up to early March, but haven’t stuck to a regular schedule of testing since, so I thought it was time to do one. Is that acceptable to you?

Port talbot

"I know there’s been many other threads started about Frisky Wales but I’m just dropping by with a reminder for everyone. Frisky Wales is a FREE (yes that’s right ladies and gents, free) postal sexual health screening service. So if you don’t want to visit a clinic for whatever reason, this is the perfect way to get yourself checked. I ordered my test on Thursday and it arrived this morning. My last test was back in August and I had my results within a week. There’s absolutely no excuse not to get yourself check people

I haven't had sex for months so I've no need for it but when we're in the clear this might be useful Xx"

If you're living alone then you're allowed to make a bubble with another household.

Just because you haven't had any for months it doesn't mean it's not a good idea to get tested.

At least you would know if needed anything treated and if all clear then you have proof ready for when you play next

I haven't had sex for months so I've no need for it but when we're in the clear this might be useful Xx

If you're living alone then you're allowed to make a bubble with another household.

Just because you haven't had any for months it doesn't mean it's not a good idea to get tested.

At least you would know if needed anything treated and if all clear then you have proof ready for when you play next"

Exactly this. There’s been an influx in new members recently, and regardless of if they’re meeting now or haven’t since pre Covid, I see no reason why a service like this shouldn’t be shouted about.

well that was easy ! took about 2mins to fill out the online questionnaire and the test is on its way !

By *andsome83Man  over a year ago

Pontypool

Great Post and good to raise awareness of this service. I have used it before and like many others feel its important to get regular checks regardless of safe sex or not, plus it's free and as I do like to have regular fun I like the feeling that I am safe and thinking of others health as well as my own.

Especially when we are all have some very sexy fun

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Always a bump for a great service

Just ordered my kit. Thanks for this post. Brilliant

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Thank you OP, i have just ordered my kit and its a simple process without the hassle.

By *ornyinConwyMan  over a year ago

Conwy

I've used this service as well, and highly recommend. I used to pop into my local clinic for tests, usually a couple of weeks after a meet, but at the beginning of lockdown this wasn't possible. I was sent a link to Frisky Wales, filled in online, ordered the test and received within the week.

I found the hardest part was the blood test, and advise to make sure hands are warm to make blood flow last long enough to fill the little tube. Not a big deal as I think 3 finger prick tools are supplied in the kit.

It says to allow up to 2 weeks for results from when the lab received your kit, but like others have said, results back much sooner. I had my all clear 4 days after posting. Definitely the way forward for us Welshies!

Cardiff

"

I found the hardest part was the blood test, and advise to make sure hands are warm to make blood flow last long enough to fill the little tube. Not a big deal as I think 3 finger prick tools are supplied in the kit.

"

Yes, warm hands are the way to do it. I like to do it straight after doing the dishes or something like that as they’re nice and warm then.

Good tip

Excuse me? The fact that people are getting tested doesn’t automatically mean they’re meeting! I’ve done one now because I hadn’t got round to it earlier in the year. I was still meeting up to early March, but haven’t stuck to a regular schedule of testing since, so I thought it was time to do one. Is that acceptable to you?"

Wow there's some very over-sensitive people here, I did actually say the test might be useful

Cardiff

Excuse me? The fact that people are getting tested doesn’t automatically mean they’re meeting! I’ve done one now because I hadn’t got round to it earlier in the year. I was still meeting up to early March, but haven’t stuck to a regular schedule of testing since, so I thought it was time to do one. Is that acceptable to you?

Wow there's some very over-sensitive people here, I did actually say the test might be useful "

You replied to OP with this little gem:

“People that are still meeting should be banned from here imo.”

Her post was about getting tested, not about meeting, so why did you immediately say that if you weren’t accusing her and anyone else who decides to get tested of meeting? Getting tested is a responsible thing to do and actually now, when not meeting, is the best time to do it.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Thank you OP - excellent post.

Can I ask a daft question! Does it arrive in packaging saying “Here’s Your Sexual Health Test, You Reprobate”?

I’m honestly 100% single, but I’d rather the postie didn’t know

Cardiff

"Thank you OP - excellent post.

Can I ask a daft question! Does it arrive in packaging saying “Here’s Your Sexual Health Test, You Reprobate”?

I’m honestly 100% single, but I’d rather the postie didn’t know "

No, it’s just a small box in plain packaging that fits through the letterbox.

No, completely inconspicuous packaging.

I had my results through this morning, which I think is very impressive considering I received and posted the test back on Saturday,

By *tra.MarksMan  over a year ago

stonehouse

Ace hadn't heard of this company. Thanks for the heads up.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Thank you DP and AVP - good to know .

Ah I’ve just received a lovely message off a “gentleman” asking if I was getting checked for the clap and calling me disgusting because of this post.

Cardiff

"Ah I’ve just received a lovely message off a “gentleman” asking if I was getting checked for the clap and calling me disgusting because of this post. "

What the hell is wrong with people FFS

"Ah I’ve just received a lovely message off a “gentleman” asking if I was getting checked for the clap and calling me disgusting because of this post.

What the hell is wrong with people FFS"

I’m genuinely baffled by the negative attitudes people have to getting checked. And views like “you’re disgusting” are one of the many reasons why people put off going. Why he felt the need to message me with his derogatory view, I don’t know.

This was very much supposed to be a positive post, raising awareness for a very valuable service that people might not know of, turns out it’s also highlighted the fact that the whole “if you can’t say anything nice...” motto has bypassed some!

Cardiff

"Ah I’ve just received a lovely message off a “gentleman” asking if I was getting checked for the clap and calling me disgusting because of this post.

I’m genuinely baffled by the negative attitudes people have to getting checked. And views like “you’re disgusting” are one of the many reasons why people put off going. Why he felt the need to message me with his derogatory view, I don’t know.

This was very much supposed to be a positive post, raising awareness for a very valuable service that people might not know of, turns out it’s also highlighted the fact that the whole “if you can’t say anything nice...” motto has bypassed some! "

I think most people have taken your post as you intended it, and it’s the sort of thing that we really should be talking about on a site like this. I’d never have heard of it if it wasn’t for the previous thread, and there are people on this thread in the same position, so it shows that conversations like this are genuinely helpful.

I can’t understand the mindset of people like that guy at all, getting tested is the opposite of disgusting. I’d much rather meet people who take sexual health seriously and get tested regularly than those who ignore it.

This was very much supposed to be a positive post, raising awareness for a very valuable service that people might not know of, turns out it’s also highlighted the fact that the whole “if you can’t say anything nice...” motto has bypassed some!

I think most people have taken your post as you intended it, and it’s the sort of thing that we really should be talking about on a site like this. I’d never have heard of it if it wasn’t for the previous thread, and there are people on this thread in the same position, so it shows that conversations like this are genuinely helpful.

I can’t understand the mindset of people like that guy at all, getting tested is the opposite of disgusting. I’d much rather meet people who take sexual health seriously and get tested regularly than those who ignore it."

Well I thank you for the post because I've genuinely found it hard to get checked at a clinic due to my nature of work and this service that you can do at home is brilliant.

Not only does it give me peice of mind that I'm being sexually responsible im also benefiting in others wanting to meet me because I've been tested

Not really sure why some think its disgusting or embarrassing to get tested for STIs. Its about looking after your health and the health of others.

I think some have the mindset that it will never happen to them. Well it can. STIs are on the rise in the over 40s and have been for a good few years.

The Frisky Wales kits make it easier to get tested now more than every before so youd be stupid not to use them.

This was very much supposed to be a positive post, raising awareness for a very valuable service that people might not know of, turns out it’s also highlighted the fact that the whole “if you can’t say anything nice...” motto has bypassed some! "

I think it's to do with you still meeting during the pandemic, Some people do feel strongly about it but as I said before I do think testing is a good idea so I agree with you, Not on the meeting though Xx

I think it's to do with you still meeting during the pandemic, Some people do feel strongly about it but as I said before I do think testing is a good idea so I agree with you, Not on the meeting though Xx"

At what point in the thread did she say she was meeting ?

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

I think it's to do with you still meeting during the pandemic, Some people do feel strongly about it but as I said before I do think testing is a good idea so I agree with you, Not on the meeting though Xx

At what point in the thread did she say she was meeting ? "

Exactly!! This poster is a saint of course and hasn't met anyone

The OP is maybe meeting a regular bubble partner but hey ho they get shot down but the covid police . Just cause someone's staying safe doesn't mean you can necessarily trust the other person like

Cardiff

I think it's to do with you still meeting during the pandemic, Some people do feel strongly about it but as I said before I do think testing is a good idea so I agree with you, Not on the meeting though Xx"

This again? You are the only person suggesting that she, or anyone else on this thread, is still meeting. Stop slandering people!

Can I just be clear here and say the message I received was off a man I have had no interaction with. My post does not talk about whether I’ve met during the pandemic or not. He took it upon himself to message me to tell me that I was disgusting and then proceeded to write a status telling people to avoid Abergavenny because it is rife with the clap

"Can I just be clear here and say the message I received was off a man I have had no interaction with. My post does not talk about whether I’ve met during the pandemic or not. He took it upon himself to message me to tell me that I was disgusting and then proceeded to write a status telling people to avoid Abergavenny because it is rife with the clap

"

That is out of order and he's an idiot for that,

Despite my little hater here (Which I will no longer reply to) I was only trying to give constructive criticism, You joined 5 months ago during the pandemic and have met 8 times which is of course your choice but that will be frowned upon, However as I've said from the start testing is a good idea so I agree with you Xx

"Can I just be clear here and say the message I received was off a man I have had no interaction with. My post does not talk about whether I’ve met during the pandemic or not. He took it upon himself to message me to tell me that I was disgusting and then proceeded to write a status telling people to avoid Abergavenny because it is rife with the clap

Despite my little hater here (Which I will no longer reply to) I was only trying to give constructive criticism, You joined 5 months ago during the pandemic and have met 8 times which is of course your choice but that will be frowned upon, However as I've said from the start testing is a good idea so I agree with you Xx"

Thank you.

I have been on and off the site for years. My verifications are historic. You can’t make an assumption on whether a person is meeting from their veris!

Cardiff

Despite my little hater here (Which I will no longer reply to) I was only trying to give constructive criticism, You joined 5 months ago during the pandemic and have met 8 times which is of course your choice but that will be frowned upon, However as I've said from the start testing is a good idea so I agree with you Xx

Thank you.

I have been on and off the site for years. My verifications are historic. You can’t make an assumption on whether a person is meeting from their veris! "

Similar thing here, I have veris from the past few months but they’re all people I’ve known for ages who’ve left and come back, not from recent meets.

Thank you.

I have been on and off the site for years. My verifications are historic. You can’t make an assumption on whether a person is meeting from their veris! "

Exactly this. I received a historical verification last night from a meet I had in the summer of 2019. Unfortunately, some people are very quick to judge here and assume.

The guy that slated you for being concerned with your sexual health is out of order. I used to attend GUM every 3 months, and yes it can be embarrassing visiting frequently, so a discreet online service is definitely worth while and saves some blushes.

Unfortunately, it seems a common trend here lately for people to be keyboard warriors and hurl abuse.

Maybe the sexual frustration is getting to people?

Thank you.

I have been on and off the site for years. My verifications are historic. You can’t make an assumption on whether a person is meeting from their veris!

Exactly this. I received a historical verification last night from a meet I had in the summer of 2019. Unfortunately, some people are very quick to judge here and assume.

The guy that slated you for being concerned with your sexual health is out of order. I used to attend GUM every 3 months, and yes it can be embarrassing visiting frequently, so a discreet online service is definitely worth while and saves some blushes.

Unfortunately, it seems a common trend here lately for people to be keyboard warriors and hurl abuse.

Maybe the sexual frustration is getting to people?

"

I agree and as I've said constantly these tests are a good idea, Especially now Xx

Excellent post.

And definitely something worth knowing.

I get checked every three months regardless, if I'm sexually active or not, if I'm using protection, it doesn't matter. Its a free service and there to give us peace of mind and keep the nation up to date with their sexual health. Things can lay dormant.

How anyone would find this disgusting baffles me. One can only assume that they have never had a health check, . It's one of the conditions I have, no clear health check = no nookie.

Thank you.

It could be a friend of your husband trying to cause trouble? I don't know I'm just trying to help you make some sense of it. Abuse has no place here and I definitely agree testing is a good idea especially if it can be home delivered and processed quickly, Hope you get it resolved OP.

Sam Xx

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

"

That is absolutely disgusting,

Hopefully you reported it and he gets a ban, it's a shame we cannot name and shame on Fab.

What you do or don't do is your business and not for anyone to judge.

Don't let the odd individual on here get to you, many of us appreciate your profile updates popping up, certainly in our hotlist.

Hopefully you reported it and he gets a ban, it's a shame we cannot name and shame on Fab.

Don't let the odd individual on here get to you, many of us appreciate your profile updates popping up, certainly in our hotlist."

Oh it’s all water off a ducks back to me. People are bitter and miserable, it’s a fact of life.

The main point of the thread is to raise awareness, not to discuss my sex life

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

Don't let the odd individual on here get to you, many of us appreciate your profile updates popping up, certainly in our hotlist.

Oh it’s all water off a ducks back to me. People are bitter and miserable, it’s a fact of life.

The main point of the thread is to raise awareness, not to discuss my sex life "

Can't we do both?

Can't we do both? "

Well we could but I’m pretty sure you’d end up bored to tears...or traumatised

Can't we do both?

Well we could but I’m pretty sure you’d end up bored to tears...or traumatised "

Your sex life is far from boring, even if it is all cyber at the moment! Love my daily updates

The main point of the thread is to raise awareness, not to discuss my sex life "

You have raised awareness and i have never heard of frisky Wales. I have ordered my kit, undertaken the test and im waiting for my results. Since you have raised awareness, i have put a picture on one of my profile pictures. STI free kit and there is no excuse why you can't take a test at home. Thank you OP, a valuable education learnt.

Near Cowbridge

Can't we do both?

Your sex life is far from boring, even if it is all cyber at the moment! Love my daily updates "

So traumatised it is then. Let's hear it. What else can I do at the moment but live vicariously through others?

Can't we do both?

Your sex life is far from boring, even if it is all cyber at the moment! Love my daily updates

So traumatised it is then. Let's hear it. What else can I do at the moment but live vicariously through others? "

Well I hope you’re prepared, it’s gets really dirty. As in I let somebody actually kiss me with tongues once kinda dirty

Near Cowbridge

Can't we do both?

So traumatised it is then. Let's hear it. What else can I do at the moment but live vicariously through others?

Well I hope you’re prepared, it’s gets really dirty. As in I let somebody actually kiss me with tongues once kinda dirty "

A little bit of sick just came up. You animal you

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

Can't we do both?

Well I hope you’re prepared, it’s gets really dirty. As in I let somebody actually kiss me with tongues once kinda dirty

A little bit of sick just came up. You animal you "

Filth

Can't we do both?

Filth "

I know. I’m sorry. I’ll just pop to Tesco to pick up some bleach for your eyes after reading that

Can't we do both?

Filth

I know. I’m sorry. I’ll just pop to Tesco to pick up some bleach for your eyes after reading that "

He will need more than bleach missy!

Near Cowbridge

Can't we do both?

Filth

I know. I’m sorry. I’ll just pop to Tesco to pick up some bleach for your eyes after reading that

He will need more than bleach missy! "

I've lobotomised myself with a pencil. It's the only way.

Near Cowbridge

[Removed by poster at 08/12/20 22:46:07]

Can't we do both?

Filth

I've lobotomised myself with a pencil. It's the only way. "

Was it a blunt one? I feel that would have been more effective

Near Cowbridge

Can't we do both?

Filth

I've lobotomised myself with a pencil. It's the only way.

Was it a blunt one? I feel that would have been more effective "

Fgshdhsk3nndmdmsm

I have had my test results back and im clear. Thank you again OP for raising the awareness about Frisky Wales and i will be promoting sti awareness.

"I have had my test results back and im clear. Thank you again OP for raising the awareness about Frisky Wales and i will be promoting sti awareness."

Same here. Brilliant service and thanks for telling us about it

Oh and the results text back to you is a great thing but I think I'd also prefer an email too.

Hello guys Vaccines out there,now we good to go for fun.

Cardiff

"Hello guys Vaccines out there,now we good to go for fun."

Not exactly the case though, is it? Or are you over 80 and already had yours?

"Hello guys Vaccines out there,now we good to go for fun."

Not if you suffer from any allergies. It will be a while before we get back to normal.

Sorry if I’m being thick but leaflets is saying about request form but can’t find it, any ideas . Thanks in advance

Port talbot

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, hasn't arrived. It might have been left outside at gate as live on a farm and maybe someone else has nabbed it

Cardiff

"Sorry if I’m being thick but leaflets is saying about request form but can’t find it, any ideas . Thanks in advance "

The one in the kit? There should be a piece of paper in there, I can’t remember if your name is already on it or if you have to fill it in; and space for you to fill in the date and time of the tests and your date of birth. If it’s not there get in touch with them, as they’ll need that information when you send it back.

Cardiff

"Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, hasn't arrived. It might have been left outside at gate as live on a farm and maybe someone else has nabbed it "

Maybe, or it might just be because the post is slow at the moment. Mine took ages but I’m sure that was because the local sorting office was only sending out deliveries to my street once a week.

"Sorry if I’m being thick but leaflets is saying about request form but can’t find it, any ideas . Thanks in advance

The one in the kit? There should be a piece of paper in there, I can’t remember if your name is already on it or if you have to fill it in; and space for you to fill in the date and time of the tests and your date of birth. If it’s not there get in touch with them, as they’ll need that information when you send it back."

I was thick, found it after sorting out the plasters.

Thank you

One of the most worthwhile posts and forums on here x

Port talbot

"Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, hasn't arrived. It might have been left outside at gate as live on a farm and maybe someone else has nabbed it

Maybe, or it might just be because the post is slow at the moment. Mine took ages but I’m sure that was because the local sorting office was only sending out deliveries to my street once a week."

I'll wait a bit longer and then order another if doesn't arrive

"Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, hasn't arrived. It might have been left outside at gate as live on a farm and maybe someone else has nabbed it

Maybe, or it might just be because the post is slow at the moment. Mine took ages but I’m sure that was because the local sorting office was only sending out deliveries to my street once a week.

I'll wait a bit longer and then order another if doesn't arrive "

I’d order another one, the first one I ordered a few months ago got eaten by a dog (true story) and I sent for a replacement which. Came very quickly

Port talbot

I'll wait a bit longer and then order another if doesn't arrive

I’d order another one, the first one I ordered a few months ago got eaten by a dog (true story) and I sent for a replacement which. Came very quickly "

Yes I'll get on it tonight

By *r sugarandspiceMan  over a year ago

South Wales

I love the service

Sent away on Tuesday and thought might be delay due to Christmas rush and had results and all clear yesterday, thanks so much for posting the information

» Add a new message to this topic