FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Begging to be blocked?

Begging to be blocked?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have had a couple of guys that weren't my type, i've explained that to them. Then they message me asking for me to block them if I'm not interested.

I don't understand this? :-/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"I have had a couple of guys that weren't my type, i've explained that to them. Then they message me asking for me to block them if I'm not interested.

I don't understand this? :-/ "

We get this on the odd occasion, so we do, it's not a problem.

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"I have had a couple of guys that weren't my type, i've explained that to them. Then they message me asking for me to block them if I'm not interested.

Couldn't they just block you? Or am I missing something?

We get this on the odd occasion, so we do, it's not a problem. "

I agree, its not a problem or an issue. But, trying to understand the reason behind it? :-/

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

It's a filter system so they don't waste their time messaging you again

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Our block list is very long. Too many illiterate idiots out tbere

"It's a filter system so they don't waste their time messaging you again"

Now this makes sense! OK. I understand now. Thats quite clever actually. I'm impressed lol x

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"It's a filter system so they don't waste their time messaging you again

Now this makes sense! OK. I understand now. Thats quite clever actually. I'm impressed lol x"

Or as someone else pointed out above they could just block you if they wanted to use the block button as another filter.

By *eviationMan  over a year ago

Brynamman

Its a psychological thing in believe

They have looked at you messaged you so they are atracted to you

They themselves dont want to block and will still keep having a peep at your _rofile pics hoping lol

If you block decision made and sorted no possibility of a remessage error

Just my thoughts

As a single male you get used to it lol

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

I can never quite work out the psychology of blocking someone.

The only people who block me tend to those who have sent me derogatory messages, and then when they get replies from me that Jeremy Clarkson would have been proud of, it's press the almighty powerful block button, suggesting to me that they have suddenly found themselves out their depths with me. If the block is supposed to aggravate me by the display of the power of the block button, I'm afraid it does quite the reverse, it's leaves me smiling as I think to myself, I wonder what goes through the canyons of their minds as they are masturbating. Do they give themselves a quick fix, as they think to themselves, That's showed him! Surely every intelligent person knows that simply ignoring someone, and not replying is going to wind them up even more than blocking ever can.

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"I can never quite work out the psychology of blocking someone.

The only people who block me tend to those who have sent me derogatory messages, and then when they get replies from me that Jeremy Clarkson would have been proud of, it's press the almighty powerful block button, suggesting to me that they have suddenly found themselves out their depths with me. If the block is supposed to aggravate me by the display of the power of the block button, I'm afraid it does quite the reverse, it's leaves me smiling as I think to myself, I wonder what goes through the canyons of their minds as they are masturbating. Do they give themselves a quick fix, as they think to themselves, That's showed him! Surely every intelligent person knows that simply ignoring someone, and not replying is going to wind them up even more than blocking ever can. "

I'm going to block you for a lack of paragraphs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would make far more sense if they just blocked you themselves, to avoid further interaction

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

Forgive my lack of proper grammar, and punctuation, and perhaps even spelling.

You see I'm not that highly educated, but an honours graduate of The University of Life, achieving status, and standards outside of the classroom.

However, such errors as outlined above can be advantageous, especially on straight dating sites.

That happens when your _rofile is viewed by members of the teaching _rofession, who can see that it's been written by a reasonably intelligent fella, but then begin to mark it like some kiddies essay. This then can prompt dialogue, and has resulted in a couple of cases where I can probably now claim to be the only guy in the history of internet dating, and throughout the depths of cyberspace courtship who has managed to get his end away with teachers for getting a mere 18 out of 20 for his English homework on a dating site, unless of course anyone else has pulled the same stroke with teachers.

All other observations gratefully received.

"Our block list is very long. Too many illiterate idiots out tbere"
. The irony is string in this comment! Can't tell if being sarcastic or not!

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

It would make far more sense if they just blocked you themselves, to avoid further interaction "

I do this. If a message is deleted or not replied to,I block them. Not because of any reason other than I know I’m not their type so know nit to bother them again

By *Psaucy67Man  over a year ago

Swansea

"Our block list is very long. Too many illiterate idiots out tbere. The irony is string in this comment! Can't tell if being sarcastic or not! "

It would make far more sense if they just blocked you themselves, to avoid further interaction

I do this. If a message is deleted or not replied to,I block them. Not because of any reason other than I know I’m not their type so know nit to bother them again "

Definitely makes sense to do this

Saves either party wasting their time again

"Our block list is very long. Too many illiterate idiots out tbere"

I get that lots , I get so many faceless _rofiles, so I ignore them as my _rofile says no fave photo no chat , they send messages after messages then say If I’m not your type block me ?? How can I see there not my type , some strange people on here

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

I do this. If a message is deleted or not replied to,I block them. Not because of any reason other than I know I’m not their type so know nit to bother them again

Definitely makes sense to do this

Saves either party wasting their time again "

I read your _rofile and as I’m not the rugby looking type then I know not to message you.(unless you’re after someone to carry the oranges!)

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

I do this. If a message is deleted or not replied to,I block them. Not because of any reason other than I know I’m not their type so know nit to bother them again "

I f do I this too. Saves my time.

It would make far more sense if they just blocked you themselves, to avoid further interaction "

Perhaps they don't trust themselves to remove the block after a few drinks and have another crack, coming across as whiney and sad? By requesting you block them, no chance of having any further contact at all and thus saving face in a weak moment of insecurity?

Some people can’t take a rejection lol

Perhaps they don't trust themselves to remove the block after a few drinks and have another crack, coming across as whiney and sad? By requesting you block them, no chance of having any further contact at all and thus saving face in a weak moment of insecurity? "

. Thing is, they could just create a new _rofile to get round a block if they really wanted to (and some will) , so neither approach is foolproof unfortunately

Perhaps they don't trust themselves to remove the block after a few drinks and have another crack, coming across as whiney and sad? By requesting you block them, no chance of having any further contact at all and thus saving face in a weak moment of insecurity? . Thing is, they could just create a new _rofile to get round a block if they really wanted to (and some will) , so neither approach is foolproof unfortunately "

Sounds like experience talking!

By *rofMan  over a year ago

Around

Why would anyone ask to be blocked

I could see the reason to block if there were further advances or if you didnt want the person to contact you, but asking for it just seems silly and illogical.

Yep! I had one guy make 4 new _rofiles. So, I've been there x

"Why would anyone ask to be blocked

I could see the reason to block if there were further advances or if you didnt want the person to contact you, but asking for it just seems silly and illogical."

Not sure but its happened a few times now...

"Yep! I had one guy make 4 new _rofiles. So, I've been there x"

Ive got one of those too - _rofile 5, i think now

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

"Yep! I had one guy make 4 new _rofiles. So, I've been there x

Ive got one of those too - _rofile 5, i think now "

Just tell him to speak to you politely, he’ll be rewarded with a lovely conversation

"Yep! I had one guy make 4 new _rofiles. So, I've been there x

Ive got one of those too - _rofile 5, i think now

Just tell him to speak to you politely, he’ll be rewarded with a lovely conversation "

» Add a new message to this topic