FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > New assembly election rules

New assembly election rules

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rsbrooksandjohn OP   Couple  over a year ago

Swansea

Just heard on the radio that the welsh assembly have set a law to give themselves the power to delay th elections for upto 6 months.

Is that legal ?

What are your opinions.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uddsWoman  over a year ago

st athans

its shit tbh who do they think they are

Swansea

Bump

Does no one else have an opinion or even care

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"Bump

Does no one else have an opinion or even care "

I don't care about your obvious agenda

Presumably they're doing it to avoid political campaigning (door to door and rallies) and having people visiting polling stations.

Swansea

No agenda

Just a genuine question. Why delay the elections when you can vote by post ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They're cancelling it and going straight to an independence referendum instead apparently

#YesCymru

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it's clearly the correct thing to do during a pandemic. if the pandemic hasn't improved by the time of the new date it clearly should be postponed until it is safe.

"They're cancelling it and going straight to an independence referendum instead apparently

#YesCymru "

go straight to independence, if you pass go collect £200

"They're cancelling it and going straight to an independence referendum instead apparently

#YesCymru

go straight to independence, if you pass go collect £200

"

Swansea

Before we even think about independance we need competent and trustworthy am's who will act for the people

And finding a polititians lie that to reprisent the public and who is not in it for personal gain is like trying to find a real life unicorn . As in the animal type lol

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

"Before we even think about independance we need competent and trustworthy am's who will act for the people

And finding a polititians lie that to reprisent the public and who is not in it for personal gain is like trying to find a real life unicorn . As in the animal type lol"

So I just wondered what are the type of personal gains for Mark Drakeford and his friends you are alluding to ?

And Im not really sure how well a postal vote would be excepted . We could end up with claims of vote rigging like in America

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

For personsal gain nothing to do with politics what so ever loads of countries have had their elections including america, who btw are losing thousands of people daily, England scotland Irlands elections in May, what the hell gives Drakeford and his cronies the right to milk this country and still cocking up every yhing they do.

a mjority at the last election

North

"For personsal gain nothing to do with politics what so ever loads of countries have had their elections including america, who btw are losing thousands of people daily, England scotland Irlands elections in May, what the hell gives Drakeford and his cronies the right to milk this country and still cocking up every yhing they do."

What have they personally gained though ?

I for one am amazed that anyone would want to be a politican but I do think for the most part the Welsh government has conducted themselves a lot better than some of the other governing bodies in the UK.

the senedd are indeed democratic trailblazers and the unionists should take advantage of the free schooling they are being offered.

"

What have they personally gained though ?

I for one am amazed that anyone would want to be a politican but I do think for the most part the Welsh government has conducted themselves a lot better than some of the other governing bodies in the UK."

Anyone who wants to be a politician should never be allowed to be one, that would help a hell of a lot!!

Swansea

Nothing is ever prooved about polititians taking free holidays bribes help with planning applications for friends and family and the obvious ones being paid consultancy fees on top of thier political salary. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and the polititians give themselves a payrise. And the new welsh assembly payrise doesn t come in till after mays elections so a few more months for the top earners if the election is delayed also like most i bet their pensions are based on their final salary ???

They should not be allowed to delay a democratic elections based on their sayso

Near Cowbridge

Pardon?

I'm not deliberately being a dick but I don't know what the point you're making is now.

and in other news the welsh innoculation roll out seems to be going very well.

Swansea

[Removed by poster at 12/02/21 16:56:49]

Swansea

The point was 3 fold

1 reply to missp69 about independance

2. The previous coment about if someone really wants to be a polititian then they shouldn't be allowed

3. Part of the reason the assembly are looking to delay the may elections- not covid but the money and power they think they have

North

"Nothing is ever prooved about polititians taking free holidays bribes help with planning applications for friends and family and the obvious ones being paid consultancy fees on top of thier political salary. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and the polititians give themselves a payrise. And the new welsh assembly payrise doesn t come in till after mays elections so a few more months for the top earners if the election is delayed also like most i bet their pensions are based on their final salary ???

They should not be allowed to delay a democratic elections based on their sayso "

Are you talking about Boris and his buddies in this post ?

"and in other news the welsh innoculation roll out seems to be going very well. "

It does indeed, had my first dose a few weeks back

"Nothing is ever prooved about polititians taking free holidays bribes help with planning applications for friends and family and the obvious ones being paid consultancy fees on top of thier political salary. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and the polititians give themselves a payrise. And the new welsh assembly payrise doesn t come in till after mays elections so a few more months for the top earners if the election is delayed also like most i bet their pensions are based on their final salary ???

They should not be allowed to delay a democratic elections based on their sayso

Are you talking about Boris and his buddies in this post ? "

I didn't see them mention "useless cunts" but I may have missed it

Swansea

Not just boris. Most polititians only enter politics to benefit themselves not for the benifit of others. I bet if they were to only be paid the living wage. Plus documented expenses with no perks most would not even bother. Some see it as an easy way into a cushy life. And even better retirement .

Near Cowbridge

"Not just boris. Most polititians only enter politics to benefit themselves not for the benifit of others. I bet if they were to only be paid the living wage. Plus documented expenses with no perks most would not even bother. Some see it as an easy way into a cushy life. And even better retirement . "

Conversely, there's an argument that politicians aren't paid enough. How can you attract the brightest and best when you can't compete with industry?

Yes politics should be interested in serving the greater good but there's no such thing as true altruism in my opinion.

"Yes politics should be interested in serving the greater good but there's no such thing as true altruism in my opinion. "

Rhodri Morgan came close

By *ecklerMan  over a year ago

Near the Sea

Senedd should be scrapped, utter waste of money and run by fanatical narcissists.

By *espectful_KinksterMan  over a year ago

Abergele

It is a precaution in case the virus situation flares up and people can't or won't go to vote.

Pollng stations are booked for the 6th.

This will be the first and Wales only, where 16 year olds can vote.

Near Cowbridge

"Senedd should be scrapped, utter waste of money and run by fanatical narcissists."

Yes, far better to be governed by those fine, upstanding citizens in Westminster.

so the question by the OP of is it legal, then yes it is as it was legislated under the Welsh Elections (coronavirus) Bill.

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

"What have they personally gained though ?

I for one am amazed that anyone would want to be a politican but I do think for the most part the Welsh government has conducted themselves a lot better than some of the other governing bodies in the UK."

Agree completely. Johnson and co in Westminster have been handing out contracts to their utterly unqualified mates. Drakeford's not perfect, but I do feel the Welsh Government have at least been trying to do the right thing throughout this.

» Add a new message to this topic